Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay people with no gaydar

Have you ever met someone who was gay but had zero gaydar? I used to work with this gay guy who'd say that the rumors about Ricky Martin were just wishful thinking on the part of the gay community. This was in the early 2000s before Ricky came out.

by Anonymousreply 5December 27, 2018 7:30 PM

ryreyer

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2018 3:42 AM

My gaydar is only about 70 percent. And I'm skeptical of the screamers who insist theirs is 100 percent infallible.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2018 3:52 AM

difficult really

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2018 12:27 AM

Ricky was known to be gay. Problem is he would eventually have sex with women and surely with that Rebecca she dated for over s decade. That kept people a bit confussed and preferred to think of him as hetero for the occasional sex with women. I thibk it is rather obvious but there are just men that like the gay aesthetics but they are hetero, and viceversa. Also actors tend to hide it for career purposes. But otherwise it is easy to hazard a guess

by Anonymousreply 4December 27, 2018 7:13 PM

Late 60's, I was 15. Nerdy musician and science kid, total social inadequate. I, ahem, 'explored my sexuality' with a guy in my class, a few times - also a science nerd and equally socially inadequate. It was fun, and occasionally sticky. I was in the school band, and my co-Onanist's brother - a trumpeter - occasionally helped out with the band when he was around. He was 19, a jock, spent most of his time making out with various female members of the band, and was a total and utter cunt of the highest order.

Fast forward to 2010, and I met up with another old school friend, who told me that the guy I fooled around with had just been convicted of the sexual assault of several teenage girls. Later on, I Googled a few other names I remembered from school - including his brother, the hyper-masculine pussyhound. To find that he had just entered into a civil partnership with his boyfriend of 20 years.

My gaydar is very small, and nonfunctional.

by Anonymousreply 5December 27, 2018 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!