Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My luck getting worse each day

I want to stay positive but each day is getting more unluckier than the previous one. I know I will survive but sometimes what is the point of this? This thing is going for the past 16 years.

Each day is becoming bad rollercoaster ride.I watch motivational videos to stay positive and continue to fight but what is point?

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 6:36 PM

Make your own luck. Identify what it is you want out of life and completely devote yourself to it. Sure, there will be setbacks, but that's life. I'm sure watching motivational videos is NOT what you want to be doing with your life-- so stop prepping for how you want to live and just do it. You need an aspiration.

Make a vision board and analyze the path you need to take to realize this vision. I'm serious. It works.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 5:46 PM

Your luck or your life is getting worse each day? Either way, it’s depressing.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 6:00 PM

R2,My luck, Though life is also getting worse but slowly.because I have been fighting really hard. Now it has taken a huge emotional toll on my psyche

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 6:08 PM

OP, Are you a Gen X'r?

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 6:29 PM

Except for random chance events, luck is merely a shorthand. So, unless you're talking about not winning the lottery, luck has little to do with the current circumstances of your life.

What most people perceive as luck is the convergence of opportunity and preparation. If you're an actor and you get stuck in an elevator with a casting agent, that's not luck. The same event could have occurred if you were an accountant. What makes it "lucky" is that you've spent time preparing to be an actor.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 6:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!