Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is the GOP paying so many legal bills? Or paid. Hope Hicks, Don jr, Dump himself. How is this legal, acceptable?

Meanwhile, a Washington DC law firm received almost $550,000 from the Republican National Committee to pay legal bills for Trump’s ex-communications director Hope Hicks, who was interviewed by Mueller’s office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 10:18 PM

My good God, Roger Stone is one of the ugliest men I've ever seen. Zippy the Pinhead meats, I really don't know. Brook Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 6:23 PM

[quote]Why is the GOP paying so many legal bills? How is this legal, acceptable?

Political parties are NOT an actual part of our government. They are purely voluntary associations. It is as legal as any gofundme or any other donation-based fund to pay for legal assistance.

Since the founding of the republic, we've been warned of the danger of political parties. Guess what - we ignored those warnings and have only ourselves to blame.

How can anyone not know this?

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 9:02 PM

Sorry I'm ignorant about political parties. I have other questions.

Do political parties pay taxes?

Are donations to political parties tax exempt?

Can a party pay the legal bills of any registered republican even if he she is not an office bearer?

Was Hope covered because she was a staff of the head of the party being investigated?

In which case the party is paying for the presidents legal expenses for possible criminal activity?

Is any criminal activity of the head of the party considered to be on behalf of the party?

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!