Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen on rumors she's not nice: "It bugs me!"

Ellen DeGeneres is responding to rumors that she “isn’t always kind to those she works with,” which she was asked by the New York Times during her interview with them for their latest feature.

More evidence that DeGeneres is shockingly different than her fake TV persona is that she is “more blunt, introspective and interesting than she is on the show, willing to express mild irritation that might seem off-key in front of a national audience. She’s also much more likely to explore dark corners of her psyche, regrets, second thoughts, anxieties that linger.” In her upcoming special, fellow comedian Tig Notaro says that DeGeneres is “a real person with a foul mouth.” She curses? Gasp! Not nice!

“That bugs me if someone is saying that because it’s an outright lie,” Ellen said in response to the question.

She continued, “The first day I said: ‘The one thing I want is everyone here to be happy and proud of where they work, and if not, don’t work here.’ No one is going to raise their voice or not be grateful. That’s the rule to this day.”

Ellen also said about false tabloid stories, “I hear Portia and I are divorcing every other week or having a baby or whatever.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2018 10:34 PM

I just watched her Netflix special. I think she should be more concerned that she's not funny.

I did not laugh once.

The jokes were very formulaic, with the expected callbacks but the audience was shrieking and cheering after every joke.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2018 10:24 PM

She's not nice. Infact, in person she's a total monster of a human. But that's fine: it's showbusiness, not show-friends.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2018 10:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!