Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How come Kathy Griffin got so much more flack from the Trump govt than Madonna or Johnny Depp?

Or did they get it too and they just aren't talking about it as much?

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 7:00 AM

I think she exaggerated most of it, honestly

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 5:36 AM

Well, Madonna did end up leaving the country shortly after her "blow up the White House" comments, and has been gone almost two years, so I don't know.

And Johnny gets a pass I guess because he's a man.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 5:54 AM

Kathy says Disney got involved and asked Trump not to go to rough on Depp because of the Pirates franchise.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 5:56 AM

No, she didn't exaggerate it. Trumpanzees are batshit crazy racist cunts. They go after anyone with an even slightly negative view of their Fuhrer and they went after Kathy hard.

Griffin has fewer fans and less money than Depp and Madge. She is an easier target for cowards. Trumpanzees are cowards just like Trump. (No, I'm not Kathy but she does read/post here).

I saw her on Seth Meyer's show recently, she's still nervous and there's no telling when or if her career will be fully repaired.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 5:57 AM

Has Madonna toured at all since the comments? I wonder if she was put in the Interpol list too like Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 5:57 AM

How do you know she posts here r4?

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 5:58 AM

oh who knows? these stupid little "moments" happen, everyone has a good shriek, gets bored and moves on to the next thing. she was just there at the wrong time, then everyone got bored with the whole idea of actually sticking up for a shitbag like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 5:58 AM

R5 Madge has at least been back to the U.S. a few times since, as she was promoting her skincare line and occasionally performed on TV and at events like the Met Gala. No touring, conveniently she has no album to promote.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 6:03 AM

There’s a considerable difference between just making comments and holding a severed head of the president.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 6:12 AM

It was a mask! With ketchup on it!

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 6:21 AM

^^but we live in hope...

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 7:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!