Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone got (Trump Admin.) News Fatigue?

Children are dying in Yemen, France is having a meltdown, the UK is struggling with Brexit, another guy was caught plotting to blow up Jewish Temples in Ohio and all NBC news is covering is Cohen being sentenced to 3 years in jail.

I know how important this is. I hope Muller really does have the smoking gun and that Roger Stone, Julian Assange Don Jr. and eventually POTUS get indicted. I’m just tired of them ignoring the rest of the news. World and Regional.

They had to hit the pause button for G HW Bush last week and it was the classy thing to do.

I dislike many of the CNN shows because there are just too many people in panel. It’s exhausting. I dislike FOX because, well it’s FOX and I still see it if I don’t get to work early enough to change the channel. Boss watches FOX 24/7 and so do a lot of family.

I love NBC news and alongside the BBC I think they do they best job but I’m sick of just seeing things about this investigation —that has been moving at a snails pace. Again. That’s fine, keep me informed but that’s not all that’s going on in the world.

Since 2016 I’ve been listening to Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk. We’re the same age and he’s handsome but pretty far left. Randi Rhodes’ show in the afternoons is entertaining sometimes and she does a lot of research but there’s a reason she’s doing a YouTube show with 2500 listeners tops.

I still listen to Ben Shapiro about twice a week just to see what the right is up to. Yesterday it was all about how we shouldn’t want our kids to be gay. Because of the adversity (that Bens side causes) and other factors that just make life harder. There was nothing about how to deal with a child if they are gay or acceptance since I’ve heard him say on the show that he thinks conversation therapy should be left up to the parents.... He also called Boy Erased anti-Christian. It’s funny how he never goes into his theories about why Jesus was chosen as the one that Christians follow in present day as opposed to another person from that area at the same time that fits a lot of the same descriptions. Oh, wait, most of his audience is Christian… It’s funny how he never goes into his theories about why Jesus was chosen as the one that Christians following present day as opposed to another person from that area at the same time that fits a lot of the same descriptions. Oh, wait, most of his audience is Christian…

News without spin is a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2018 12:52 AM

No. Everyday there is some kind of sick scandal, and we all must remain vigilant. The second we stop paying attention, we are all goose stepping past orange fuck with a look of horror on our faces.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2018 7:29 PM

What R1 said.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2018 7:32 PM

Stick to basic entertainment cable channels, OP, like TBS, TNT. They don't do any news programs so their programming is a delightful respite from 24/7 Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2018 7:39 PM

Trump's rants against Mueller are getting BORING.

I'd say to him: "Listen, dude, you need some new shtick."

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 7:41 PM

I was just thinking about this, OP. I was sick of Trump in September 2015.

At this point, I don't care how he leaves office. Impeachment, resignation, illness, indictment -- I DON'T CARE. I am just so fucking tired of seeing him every day and I want the nightmare to be over.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 7:43 PM

No! It's paying off! People are going to jail and the old Republicans are dying off! What's next? Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2018 7:50 PM

Yes. He’s but a symptom of the larger symptomatic problems in the pretend democracy that is really a corporate oligarchy in the US. Getting rid of him on some scandal won’t fix anything. They’ll just be another Trump in ten years.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2018 7:51 PM

In a couple of days it's all in the capable hands of Nancy Pelosi. That could be the right time for a little vacation from Trump and then come back and read all the "Nancy is being MEAN to me!" Trump rants.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2018 8:37 PM

If you havent watched "Active Measures", it is a must (Netflix, I believe). It will wipe that fatigue right out.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2018 9:00 PM

No, they are nipping at Trump's heels. Yet to come, they will sic balls.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2018 9:07 PM

Read for your news. Forget TV.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2018 9:30 PM

Yes, it started the day it got elected.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2018 9:45 PM

Thanks and I agree that I should read more of the news and not be so reliant on these people that have popped up and make a living post 2016 from chaos.

I’ve been trying to find a new mystery show. BritBox is great. Anything to get away from it just a little bit.

Went to the bookstore and got Sharp Objects, Far from the Madding Crowd and Poirots short stories.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2018 10:01 PM

Yes, OP. Give your mind a break from time to time but don’t back off from the trump train wreck all together. Stay strong!

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2018 10:20 PM

All roads lead tot he WH.

Yemen would not be happening if we had a stronger US.

They have been wearing the US on purpose and the repugs in congress are going along with it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 10:25 PM

OP It's the same as during the campaign. The media covered the reality star to the exclusion of everything else.

I was reading the threads on the Paris riots and the posts were very uninformed and were mostly xenophobic anti French invective, WW2 and, i believe, cheese.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2018 12:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!