Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Futon Is Too Low to the Floor

Hey All: I have a futon in my NYC apartment living room which is for guests to use; however, it is too low to sit on when watching tv. Any ideas how to raise this higher (about 6 inches would be nice) without building a platform. It was inexpensive and not worth a DYI project. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 2:03 AM

Hi OP Go to Amazon and search for Mattress Platform. Lots to choose from. You shouldn't have to spend more than 125. Some mattress stores sell them too, but they will be surly as they make zero money off of them. Here is one for example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2018 3:18 PM

Hey, OP! My "futon" is too low to the floor, too!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2018 3:31 PM

Kill and dismember a hobo, then use his arms and legs to raise the futon six inches.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2018 3:33 PM

Cardboard boxes filled with dirt

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 3:50 PM

NO MORE: R3 is the answer!

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 3:55 PM

I have the same problem, so I went to Amazon and purchased some bed frame risers. Unfortunately, my futon frame is made of wood and the legs are two different rectangular sizes and the riser surface had indentations that didn't accommodate the frame legs. Also, while I was researching before my purchase, I saw that some of those hollow plastic risers break unexpectedly, even those advertised as holding hundreds of pounds. Check that shit out before you make your purchase. Hopefully, your frame is pretty standard and these risers will work for you.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2018 4:10 PM

It’s easier to do doggie style on a low futon bed.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 1:54 AM

Get six inch upholstery foam cut to the size of the seat frame. Make a cover for it that will blend in with the futon cover.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 1:58 AM

A few cinder blocks will do the trick. I bought a few on sale for .78 each! Winter is a good time since hardly anyone builds then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 1:59 AM

I second cinder blocks.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 2:02 AM

How about these? Otherwise, I'd just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get them to cut you several blocks of wood from a 2X4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 2:02 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to lower the TV?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!