Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Signs of Low Intelligence

When someone begins an email or a letter with "My name is..."

Your name is on the return address of the envelope or in the email header, and you sign your name at the end of the message.

I just got such an email from a potential new client and promptly deleted it after I saw "my name is." I don't even know what they were inquiring about. Dim clients are more work for the same amount of pay.

What are some other signs of idiocy that should prompt you to avoid someone?

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2018 11:37 PM

^^ Big sign of too much time on OP's hands.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 11:25 PM

People with zero ambition.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 11:30 PM

People who are not adept at small talk.

People who do not look you in the eye when they speak to you.

People who are frightened by anything outside their daily orbit.

People who do not read for pleasure.

People who have no interest in the arts and scoff at anyone who does.

People who do not possess curiosity.

People who have all the answers and think themselves the smartest cats in the room.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 11:35 PM

Voting Republican

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2018 11:38 PM

People who dismiss other people as worthless for really petty reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2018 11:41 PM

My name is Anonymous, and I am writing to tell you OP that you are a dickwad.

Kind regards,

Anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2018 11:43 PM

OP, depending upon your job level in the workplace, you may not open your own mail and thus not even see the envelope.

I agree with R3-6.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2018 11:50 PM

People who take jobs in office management.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2018 11:52 PM

There is nothing wrong with introducing yourself in an email. You are the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2018 11:55 PM

Starting a thread titled:

Signs of Low Intelligence

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2018 11:57 PM

Providing an answer to a question that displays you didn't understand the question. Providing vague answers to questions. Making points that have nothing to do with the topic. All signs of poor reading and listening comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2018 11:57 PM

r11 or signs that someone is really shady and being intentionally evasive.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Intelligence is relative. If we dropped you off in the Australian Outback with the Aboriginies, telling you to fend for yourself, then I'm sure they'd look at you and say "Wow! What a dumb-ass!"

It could just be that the person never learned to write a proper letter.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2018 12:16 AM

I heard something interesting about how Australian Aborigines don't have words for left or right. Their directional language is all about where you in relation to the sun. So, your left arm is a different arm depending on which direction you're standing in and the time of day, etc. The person from elsewhere who was living with these people and learning the language and culture mentioned having such a hard time with this until one day something clicked in her head and she no longer perceived herself as coming from like behind her own eyes but rather saw herself now in the context of a bird's eye view from above, as just a speck amongst all these other specks. And when she told one of the members of the community that this way of thinking was helping her grasp their concept of spatial orientation, he was like, "Well, yeah, how else would you do it? Of course you look at yourself from above."

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2018 12:22 AM

I'm thinking that client dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote] I'm thinking

You exaggerate so much.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 12:25 AM

Thinking high intelligence is widely rewarded in society.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2018 12:50 AM

People who ask these types of questions on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 12:52 AM

OP is Barbara Thorndyke.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2018 3:44 AM

Being humorless.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2018 3:50 AM

Being Russian.

Associating with Russians.

Tolerating the continued existence of Russians.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2018 3:54 AM

Cionsultant=shopbottom in charge of hiring temp holiday staff at mall kiosk.

You’re not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2018 4:16 AM

People who associate social awkwardness with low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2018 4:40 AM

Op, fuck you...

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2018 4:44 AM

Starting a thread and pretending you are in some sort of important position when we all know you're a salesbottom.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2018 5:07 AM

The lack of self-awareness when calling others “dim.”

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2018 10:11 AM

No OP it's not a sign of low intelligence. But deleting an email based on the first 3 words written certainly is.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2018 10:22 AM

I imagine OP to be the same person who started the thread entitled 'Choices we make that push us into the lower classes'. And while being lower class has a certain element of choice one has no control of ones level of intelligence and therefore it is cruel and unjust to judge and condemn those we deem less smart than us. OP 's superiority complex in itself is lower class.

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2018 10:48 AM

"People with zero ambition."

R2, I've known intelligent people with little ambition, and unintelligent people who are ambitious and own their own businesses.

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2018 11:05 AM

Being unable to distinguish different types of ambition and then assuming everyone who doesn't seek the same things you seek in life are unintelligent. Not everyone aspires to middle management, OP. Keep dreaming and maybe you'll make it all the way to department head one day!

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2018 11:28 PM

There's this website, datalounge.com. Lot of dumb-dumbs there.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2018 11:34 PM

Posting on Lipstick Alley.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2018 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!