Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it unethical to listen to Kodak Black when he has been accused of rape?

One of my favorite young rappers is Kodak Black (the namesake of Cardi B's hit Bodak Yellow).

I just found out he is going to stand trial for violently raping a teenage fan who told her SCHOOL NURSE what happened to her.

I'm horrified but is he innocent until proven guilty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2018 8:06 PM

He has a hit song out now with Bruno Mars.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 1:13 AM

I have a theory that the reason Bodak Yellow blew up is that it had such a mysterious name coupled with an ominous beat.

Like what the fuck does Bodak Yellow mean?

It was an allusion to Kodak Black as she borrowed his flow for the song. B because she is a Blood; yellow for her light skin.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Kodak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 1:21 AM

Jeez, that's what he wore to court?

Trash, pure trash!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2018 2:40 AM

Gross. Why would people waste their time listening to this shitty “music”?

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2018 3:19 AM

He is pretty good at rap.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2018 10:44 AM

If you like rap, he is tremendously talented.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2018 7:38 PM

Don't concern yourself, OP. If you like rap, you re already beyond redemption.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2018 8:42 PM

That Bodack Yellow song is so bad. No catchy tune or anything. Just the usual monotonous trash talk about money and hos.

As for your question OP - listen to the song if you must, but do it without paying for it. That is the compromise I have reached with myself regarding watching The Ninth Gate by Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2018 10:15 PM

It's unethical to listen to it, because it's shit.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2018 10:18 PM

Is this something I'd have to be utter trash to know about?

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2018 10:22 PM

Everyone is getting raped ! By awful musicians that is.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2018 10:35 PM

I grant you that Kodak Black is an acquired taste.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2018 11:24 PM

He is a good rapper.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2018 10:57 AM

He is a really great rapper. If the rape charge is true, that is pretty awful, but how are people denying his talent in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 11:32 AM

Listen to Roll In Peace. He is very talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 11:44 AM

[quote]It's unethical to listen to it, because it's shit.

Oh, how original. Old person refers to hip-hop as shit--news at 11

[quote]Is this something I'd have to be utter trash to know about?

Yeah...like you were in the early 19th century. Sneaking behind barns, in the back of carriages, etc.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2018 12:36 PM

"He is a really great rapper. If the rape charge is true, that is pretty awful, but how are people denying his talent in this thread? "

He's a really great raper, not rapper. Rap is shit, and you're a twerp whigger. STFU and go away. You millennio douchebros who've infested this website with threads about one hideously ugly face-tattooed junkie rapist no-talent cunt crumb are nauseating. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 6:56 PM

Was he in “Planet of the Apes”?

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2018 7:05 PM

Is rap music ever going to evolve? Or is it going to sound like 1997 forever?

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2018 7:08 PM

damn his handler is HOT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2018 7:11 PM

I used to be afraid to state that I didn't like rap because it made me sound old and racist. but after years of listening to it in small doses, i'm unafraid to say I don't like it. I like melodies and good hooks. Most rappers can't come up with an original melody. I think they are taking advantage of a section of the music industry that is a front for drugs and prostitution. I'm not a conspiracy nut.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2018 7:43 PM

Rap is very much an acquired taste. You have to listen to it awhile before it hooks you in.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2018 11:20 PM

Rap is illiterate people making noise.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote]Listen to Roll In Peace. He is very talented.

Lol!!

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2018 11:38 PM

Kodak Black Walks Out of Hot 97 Interview After His Rape Case Was Brought Up

DEC 12, 2018 SHARE TWEET As part of his promotional tour for Dying to Live, Kodak Black stopped by Hot 97's Ebro in the Morning show to discuss a wide range of topics. The conversation touched on the rapper's lyricism, his collaboration with XXXTentacion, and Cardi B's breakout single "Bodak Yellow," which was inspired by Kodak's 2014 record "No Flockin.'"

Though the Florida artist seemed a little reserved at certain moments, the interview got off to a relatively fine start; however, the mood quickly changed when Ebro Darden questioned Kodak about his ongoing sexual assault case.

"With respect to everybody involved in that case, you know we can't get into details today. But, you know, we take sexual assault here serious," the host said at around the 15-minute mark. "We can't get into details, but we hope to have you back so we can have a deeper conversation about that because it's a serious topic."

A visibly uncomfortable Kodak remained silent.

Co-host Peter Rosenberg then attempted to change the subject, but Kodak wasn't responsive.

"You seem upset that I brought it up," Ebro tells the rapper, referring to the sexual assault comments.

"I feel like sometimes when n***as be going through s**t, like, y'all be entertained by bulls**t," Kodak said. "Change the subject, or else I'm finna walk out."

"We don't have to talk about nothing else, we can be done right here," Ebro responded.

It was at that point Kodak stood up and walked out.

You can check out the awkward interview in the video above.

El Viejo Ebro ✔ @oldmanebro I was tryna have a balanced convo with Kodak Black & not ignore the serious allegations against him but also not ask specifics to make his situation worse... and he wanna get an attitude with me?? Nah...."

Kodak is facing sexual assault charges for allegedly raping a teenage girl in 2016.

The victim claims the incident occurred at a South Carolina hotel, where Kodak pinned her down, bit her, and then forced her to have sex with him. Kodak's trial for the alleged sexual assault will begin April 2019. If convicted, Kodak faces up to 30 years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2018 11:43 PM

[quote]If convicted, Kodak faces up to 30 years in prison.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2018 12:12 AM

Rap cures anxiety and depression.

Facts.

It calms me.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2018 12:38 AM

The Chicago Lez is very busy with all the wrong stuff...…….

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2018 1:19 AM

[quote]Rap is shit, and you're a twerp whigger. STFU and go away.

I know the elders of DL think using words like this make you seem contemporary and “Woke,” but it really doesn’t. Especially, when you can’t even spell it correctly AND you don’t even know if it’s applicable to the poster. Not to mention calling that poster a nigger.

….So, we discovered that you are old, stupid--for using words that you can’t even spell AND a racist piece of shit.

GOOD SHOW.

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2018 9:28 AM

The old people here complaining about rap make me sad. You would think the LGBTQ community would be more open minded, but sadly it’s not the case.

Like all genres of music, there are talented artists and mediocre artists; good songs and bad ones. If you really explore rap, you’ll find a lot of creativity, humor and passion there.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2018 10:21 AM

Rap is a lot like jazz.

I personally can't listen to jazz - annoys the shit out of me

Rap used to be same.

But once you get hooked, it is great. The mix between the flow and the beat is just addictive when it is good.

Even the subject matter being limited is part of the art form. Like the rhythmic discussion of sex and money- it pushes away the "bad thoughts." It is like a palete cleanser for stress.

by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2018 4:26 PM

People like R18 are showing their racist asses.

Any one with any amount of culture learns that they don’t have to like or enjoy something to appreciate it. You all show yourselves for the posers that you are in threads like these. You don’t like rap because it’s “ghetto.” Not because rap is bad. I don’t like rap very much but I know and appreciate that many rappers have talent in their genre and many are lyrical geniuses. Eminem will be studied like the Eminem of his day, Shakespeare, is. That’s a fact.

by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2018 4:37 PM

A lot of rap today is actually singing.

by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2018 10:26 PM

Social media is outraged. OUTRAGED.

not by the rape, but by Ebro asking about the rape. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2018 11:31 PM

Kodak Black aside, Ebro is such a fucking asshole. I bet half the internet doesn't even care about KB, its just that Ebro is such a smug bastard.

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2018 12:00 AM

Ebro is pretty annoying.

He also seems to be DONE with the hiphop bullshit of rappers committing crimes given his reaction to Tekashi.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote]Ebro is such a fucking asshole.

[quote]Ebro is pretty annoying.

Yeah...BUT I’d explore EVERY part of his body with my tongue. He is FI-ONE.

[quote]You would think the LGBTQ community would be more open minded, but sadly it’s not the case.

I remember taking a co-worker to his first gay bar years ago and some drunk queen called this Asian guy a “Chink” directly in front of us, and my recently out friend was shocked that a gay person would use a racist term like that. He assumed gays would be more sensitive due to the commonalities we’ve ALL experienced as minority groups, in one form or another.

...If it wasn’t so charmingly naive, I would’ve made fun of him for about an hour. AT LEAST.

But as you get older, you realize that people--at their very core--are the same. The only difference is what and who they fuck.

Which is why the term “Family” drives me up a wall. It's such a FUCKING antiquated notion.

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2018 9:40 AM

Can’t he be both a great rapper and a great raper?

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2018 9:56 AM

What does Kodak mean when he says "I just shot a nigga, now I can't sleep / My brother, he just washed me down with bleach, oh"

"Shot a Higgs, took a shower with the bleach, Yahweh"

Is that to get rid of evidence? Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2018 2:16 PM

Is that an owl on Trangressions

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2018 12:52 AM

Is this the guy who said he prefers white women and that he doesn't like his own dark complexion?

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2018 1:43 AM

Yes, but in fairness, he was a 17 yr old Haitian refugee from a single home in one of the worst ghettos in Florida.

So he is probably not up on the latest and greatest on colorism at the Universities

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2018 4:14 PM

He was pretty good on kimmel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2018 7:08 PM

r38 Ebro is an asshole but yeah I would have sex with him if he wanted 🤣

You Kodak fans better hope someone doesn't off him like XXXtentacion. He said on the Breakfast Club he still goes to the hood (I'm presuming Pompano) so he is just putting himself at risk for some jackass to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Rap is very much an acquired low-brow taste for thugs and those who fantasize about being rapist thugs. You have to listen to it for about four seconds before you realize what stupid repetitive moronic shit it is.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2018 8:04 PM

" Rap is a lot like jazz."

No, it's not. Jazz musicians play instruments and know key changes. Name one fucking shit-ass rapper who knows the difference between A-flat and C-major.

They're goons.

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2018 8:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!