Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Howard Stern defended Kevin Hart

Sad. But, I’m not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2018 9:45 PM

I was really hoping he would have called Hart out, and was looking forward to his reaction but I did feel he would defend him. I can’t expect him to call Hart out when his all time favorite comedians are Kinison and Murphy. I’ve always liked Howard Stern, but as a gay person l’ve always felt out of place for liking him.

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2018 6:09 PM

And, the Trump stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2018 6:12 PM

Howard Stern is an overrated, overpaid, untalented, utterly offensive bag of crap. He is not intelligent, he is not funny, and he is not clever. Didn't he recently call Natalie Portman a cunt for not supporting the Israeli regime?

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2018 6:14 PM

I don’t know R3. I believe he did but I’m not sure what “Israeli regime” means.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2018 6:17 PM

The Oscars didn't fire Kevin, he fired himself by refusing to apologize. And then he did apologize anyway, a lot of people don't know that, but there was a sincere enough sounding apology after he refused to apologize. Kevin wanted to be turned into a martyr more than he wanted to host the Oscars, it was his choice.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2018 6:33 PM

I think Kevin's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2018 6:34 PM

R5 R6

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2018 6:36 PM

R4, since you can't put two words together, perhaps the word "apartheid" might make sense to you.

Or perhaps not.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2018 8:47 PM

Stern defended him because of projection : he's terrified, waiting for all those hours upon hours of his show using the word faggot and nigger a million times, ridiculing / degrading handicapped people for a laugh to surface and having to answer for it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2018 9:49 PM

Robin comes off as homophobic as well. She always says gay with a sharp “g” and her tone is of disgust.

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2018 10:15 PM

Howard falls in line with everyone else, homophobia is not the same as racism.

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2018 10:17 PM

But he’s white. The racial resentment squad is gonna have a hard time using this to gin up hatred against black people if whites start coming to Kevin Hart’s Defense. It screws up their narrative.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2018 10:20 PM

Isn't Stern a closeted gay? He has always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2018 10:24 PM

I hope George Takei stays off the show now.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2018 10:28 PM

[quote]But he’s white. The racial resentment squad is gonna have a hard time using this to gin up hatred against black people if whites start coming to Kevin Hart’s Defense. It screws up their narrative.

A great deal of the comments that I've read about this story on sites other than DL are very pro-Kevin, with many commenters saying he had apologized already and that that should have been sufficient. These are not black sites I'm talking about but rather entertainment news sites like Deadline where the majority of the commenters are (presumably) mostly white and frame this as a "when is an apology ever enough" kind of story, which is the polar opposite of DL, where it's been made a story solely about race (i.e., white gays vs. blacks). But even for the posters who are very anti-Kevin and think he still owes the LGBTQ community an apology, they still do not make it about his race. Why? Because I think many people of ALL races can relate to the fear of having past mistakes be dug up by your enemies and used to destroy your career. I think that's why people like Stern find it so easy to defend Hart.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2018 11:26 PM

It’s easy to be “pro-Kevin Hart” because the butt of the joke or rather belief, is gay people. It’s always been this way. With Andrew Dice Clay, with Sam Kinison, with Eddie Murphy. I think even Arsenio Hall. All of them told gay people to basically fuck off. And, so did their fans.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2018 12:47 AM

Tracy Morgan too. They and their fans and non-fans tell gay people to fuck off and gay people do. And, that’s always the worst part of this; when gay people just mope away. It’s a powerless feeling and it’s a dangerous feeling because you never know what else could happen and gay people are told to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2018 12:50 AM

And, George should stay off the show because he’s a joke on the show. He’s a not a person. They make fun of him, regardless of the pro-gay BS, and it is BS because when the chips are down for gay people, Howard Stern defends the homophobe who’s black. If this were a white Republican, he’d be “oh, he’s an asshole, fuck him, yada, yada”. They’ll ask George questions about his partner and they’ll ask questions where they’ll cringe—deliberately.

There’s a gay guy, Chris, that works on there and he’s complained about the homophobia. There all homophobic assholes over there.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2018 12:58 AM

*They’re all

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2018 12:58 AM

Here’s the Arsenio Hall clip. And, this is how it is, and it’s depressing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2018 1:05 AM

R15, just checked out Deadline for alternative options. Was disappointed.

Anyone have alternatives to DL?

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2018 1:12 AM

R20 What's wrong with that clip? Arsenio didn't have the guy thrown out. He was pissed but he allowed the guy to have his say and he treated him respectfully.

And he was right. They didn't pull that stunt with Letterman, or Carson. And neither was having Harvery Firestein and Gus Van Sant on their shows at that time either. Why just single him out?

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2018 1:22 AM

I always thought that Arsenio/queer nation episode was staged.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2018 1:25 AM

Coulda been R23. I never thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2018 1:27 AM

R3 This thread now has 24 posts & no one has mentioned that Howard seems to be heading down the Roseanne rabbit hole? =

Both Insanely wealthy by Hollywood's standards, both insanely pro Israel Jews who will go after anyone who is seen as a moderate on the issue, both have had to deal with racist accusations in their history, both have a gay friendly past but will feed us to the sharks once in awhile (Barr with gay marriage, Stern with this), both are "comedians" who think their shit don't stink (Stern with Selena comments, etc. & Barr with Hitler drag pic, etc.), both will give out political & religious opinions on issues where most celebs won't discuss, Barr outwardly supports Trump & I think "libertarian" Stern wants to (at times) but knows he will lose $$$ & fans over it.

Maybe in another 5 -10 years, Stern will be more in tune mentally to where Barr is now. Scary thought isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2018 1:41 AM

Howard is 64. His career has gone cold and no one even talks about him anymore. He rarely goes on the late night shows anymore to promote himself. He's just counting the time till he retires.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2018 1:45 AM

For some if not most of us and excluding the deliberate shit stirrers and trolls, it’s not about race.

It’s about being the last Acceptable discrimination.

People say shit about gay people they’d never dare say about other minority groups and then make an mild apology or worse an “apology” like a Kevin Hart made where he just basically said he wouldn’t make those jokes now because people are sensitive. So iif people weren’t “sensitive” he’s still be making jokes about beating his own kid for showing gay characteristics? The Vikings coach that said we should all be nuked on an island is still employed by the team and that’s in very gay friendly/ gay populated MN. I’d he had said they ought to put all of anyone else on an island and nuke them he’d have been fired so fast.

I’m really sick of this shit and I’m sick of of being told we’re too sensitive or in this instance that we want to censor comedy or stop black men from speaking.

No, we want to stop people normalizing the idea that beating the gay out of your kid is okay or worse desirable and that it’s okay to shit on us cause we’re just “the gays”.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2018 1:46 AM

We have been the “last form of acceptable discrimination” for decades and decades and decades. Quoting Sam Kinison’s “Homosexuals and Necrohilia” routine “IT NEVER ENDS”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2018 1:51 AM

Well said R27

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote]I’m really sick of this shit and I’m sick of of being told we’re too sensitive or in this instance that we want to censor comedy or stop black men from speaking.

I’m sick of being told to go away by these individuals. I wish we would go away and I love to see what happens to society and culture when we finally do go away.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2018 2:06 AM

I'm gay and I defend Kevin Hart 100%. He said that shit years ago, said he'd learned and evolved. What the fuck more do you want?

Frankly, I'm embarrassed by the reaction.

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2018 2:08 AM

What about Paula Deen, R31? Did you defend her? Did you defend Michael Richards when he was crying on David Letterman?

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2018 2:10 AM

And, I bet Pride embarrasses you too.

by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2018 2:11 AM

R31 I'm with you %1000 on that. The internet overwhelming supports Kevin Hart, even right-wing media is backing Kevin. This whole thing is going to end up backfiring on the LGBTQ community.

I'm gay too, but this was a complete overreaction to something he joked about a decade ago.

Shame on billy eichner and benjamin lee for digging this shit up. Just like everyone has been saying, some people have nothing else better to do but start shit with other people.

Now they have a target in their backs.

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2018 2:21 AM

R31–I’m waiting.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2018 2:22 AM

You fucking gays are so obsessed with being gay, you embarrass yourselves. The Arsenio clip was accurate--and by all accounts, HE'S GAY. Get over the fact that you take it in the ass and behave like normal people, for Christ's sakes. You act as though you are the most oppressed people on earth. Fuck OFF.

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2018 2:24 AM

No fuck you. FF’d.

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2018 2:26 AM

I’m gonna FF R31.

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2018 2:27 AM

R34 Like the early days of the AIDS crisis, we often stand alone but history will be on our side in the long run (just like with marriage equality we didn't settle for just civil unions or nothing).

Those of us opposing Kevin Hart are defending LGBT kids who are in harm's way. That is ALWAYS a good thing. No apologies on our side AT ALL.

R36 We still get the death penalty in the most countries to this very day in 2018. SO FUCK OFF ON OUR VICTIM SHIT YOURSELF!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2018 2:27 AM

R34 the internet overwhelmingly supports anyone homophobic, they deffended that Duck Dynasty guy too. What’s your fucking point? That doesn’t mean gays aren’t going to continue speaking up for themselves, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2018 2:28 AM

I have R 34 blocked already. So, he’s something.

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2018 2:30 AM

I wonder if R36 is bisexual 26/27 year old masculine guy from Michigan again.

The use of “you gays” seems familiar.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2018 2:31 AM

Exactly R40. Gay people speak up and they get crucified, by everyone for everything. It’s been that way forever. Like the Arsenio Hall—how old is that? 30 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 43December 11, 2018 2:32 AM

Sure you are R31 I just bet you and R34 are proud,card carrying homosexuals

by Anonymousreply 44December 11, 2018 2:33 AM

Maybe this thread is linked somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 45December 11, 2018 2:34 AM

If gays don't defend themselves, they will get trampled by the homophobes and heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 46December 11, 2018 2:38 AM

OP is a lazy fat whore for not providing a link. Particularly since Stern has not supported Hart.

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2018 2:39 AM

Inquisitr: Howard Stern Calls Kevin Hart Backlash Absurd: ‘I Think We’ve Gone Insane’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2018 2:46 AM

R44 Yes I am gay. But I'm also not going to overreact to something I can't do anything about. I'm in a bit of a tough spot though.

I'm a double minority, and I see a lot of offensive shit on this site all the time. And in society. So I'm fighting two battles. I don't like it either. But I'm also not supper sensitive when it comes to homophobic jokes either.

You all have to develop a thicker skin and let it go. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2018 2:48 AM

You’re blocked R 47.

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2018 2:50 AM

What an asshole. Fuck him. Shame on any gay person who listens to him.

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2018 2:51 AM

No we don’t have to let it go.

Anthony Avalos never got a chance to develope a thicker skin. Because they killed him because he was a devalued “gay acting” kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2018 2:56 AM

Here’s when someone pleads with the public that they never defended someone. This is what the opposite looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2018 2:57 AM

R49, just be honest. You are defending it because Kevin Hart is a black man.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2018 2:57 AM

R36

Let’s have your most oppressed list.

The whole world, leaving no one out. Who IS the most oppressed?

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2018 2:59 AM

This is Howard Stern defending Brett Ratner for homophobia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2018 2:59 AM

I think R15 made an excellent point. Why on DL do these things always break down to race? I think it says a lot about the people posting here. It's hard to have a discussion on this site sometimes because some of you don't want to talk about the actual issue and instead want to make it about black people and homophobia. Kevin Hart said something really disgusting that was antigay and child abuse, but some would rather fight the same tired old fights. So it all gets lost here.

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2018 3:03 AM

Howard Sterns a cunt. Slurs are ok as long as they’re not directed at Jews I guess ,r56

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2018 3:03 AM

A lot of it is trolling R57

There has been a noticeable uptick with trolls trying to make this black vs gay and block out the real issue.

We just have to keep bringing it back to the point.

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2018 3:07 AM

But, this thread is about Howard Stern defending Kevin Hart, R59. You two are the only ones talking about race.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2018 3:09 AM

R57, the mainstream press and a lot of Hart’s defenders have made it about race. There’s been think pieces on how this is a case of gays trying to deplatform a black man, keep him from talking, etc.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2018 3:10 AM

No we aren’t. Did you actually read the thread?

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2018 3:13 AM

That will be ignored R61. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2018 3:16 AM

And, they are trying to do is place blame (again) on gay people.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2018 3:17 AM

Howard Stern is a straight rich guy who has no business forgiving Kevin Hart on my behalf.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2018 3:17 AM

Stern is a real piece of shit, he and that horse faced second wife of his are horrid cunts. His breath smells like death too.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2018 3:18 AM

They're all the same, no talent 'shockers' with foul mouthed-antics...and hateful commentary that insights vulgarity...but, they're rich...what a tribe...America is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2018 3:19 AM

I listen to Howard nearly every morning so I might know a bit about his show and his position re contemporary issues. How many here actually listen to the show? He's neither homophobic or racist. Nor did he vote for Trump

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2018 3:39 AM

I used to listen to him every morning. I don’t know if he’s homophobic.

I read the article linked at R48 and sure enough Stern is saying Hart got a raw deal.

Howard Stern doesn’t get to say when the expiration date for offense at particularly vile homophobic, child abuse centered “humor” is.

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2018 3:52 AM

I'm certain HS has recordings of DJT saying worse stuff than "grab them by the pussy" but considered him a friend of sorts and didn't release them.

by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2018 3:52 AM

It would be funny if some gay comedian shat on Israel now.

by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2018 3:53 AM

The Trump association is troubling.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2018 3:54 AM

R54 Yes! That absolutely plays a role. But only because DL is invoking race. Once you put race into the mix, than I have to defend the race issues too.

Like I said, I'm a double minority. It comes with the territory.

It's just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2018 4:25 AM

Will Howard Stern ever answer for all the shit he’s done?

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2018 1:03 PM

This is how it goes, if someone is homophobic, you need to defend the homophobe. If someone is racist, you need distance yourself from said racist. If you’re believed to have defended the racist, you need to come clean that you absolutely did not defend the racist.

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2018 1:24 PM

R31 those situations are not nearly comparable. But you know that.

I like that people are more careful of others feelings these days, but I REALLY hate this moment we're in. Everyone gets their turn to be outraged. Again, I was embarrassed by the Kevin Hart reaction. I don't even like him, but what happened to him was absurd.

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2018 1:49 PM

R39 relax, dude. Pop a xannie.

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2018 1:52 PM

R76, Was what happened to Roseanne Barr absurd too?

by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2018 1:55 PM

I'm black R78 and I think what happened to Roseanne was absurd. I don't think Roseanne said anything worse than what our so-called president says daily. Quite frankly, my position is and will continue to be that until the president is held accountable for his hate speech and his trolling, then everything is good to go. And quite frankly, I believed her when she said that she didn't know that Valerie Jarratt was black. Most black people didn't know she was black.

When there are one set of rules that applies across the board to everyone, then lets talk about firing people.

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2018 2:02 PM

[quote]When there are one set of rules that applies across the board to everyone, then lets talk about firing people.

That has never happened and will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Roseanne Barr, Megyn Kelly, Paula Deen,etc all got raw deals. I mean Paula got ruined over something she said 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2018 2:14 PM

And, they will continue to get raw deals. And, so will the next person who comes along and does something like they did. It’s unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2018 2:17 PM

We have so many over-the-top angry trolls that I'm sort of relieved to see the concern troll(s) in action.

Now that's insidious.

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2018 2:26 PM

I don’t entirely understand what they get out of it.

On one level I get coming on an anonymous board just spewing shit you wouldn’t in reality to actual people, as a cathartic release or whatever.

But I don’t get the turn on for non professional trolls just trying to incite shit.

by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2018 2:48 PM

It's okay to make fun of us and everyone else.

It's not okay to say you'd beat up your child for "acting gay."

And it never has been.

Figure it out, Howard. Oh, and fuck you. On principle.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2018 2:51 PM

Well said R85

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2018 3:03 PM

R79 Please speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2018 3:59 PM

Should gay people stop protesting these things?

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2018 4:14 PM

Sam Kinison on Elton John.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2018 4:28 PM

Sam Kinison has been dead for more than a quarter of a century.

He died BEFORE THE INTERNET was a thing.

Kevin Hart is very much alive and has given very little indication that if if people weren’t so “sensitive” he wouldn’t still be making jokes about beating kids because they have “gay moments”

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2018 5:21 PM

R89 I will always love Elton John for calling that asshole out. It’s a shame he caught so much heat for it but that’s what happens when gay people speak up for themselves and each other.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Me too R91.

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2018 5:28 PM

Howard Stern supports free speech. Period.

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2018 5:29 PM

No, he doesn’t, R93.

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2018 5:30 PM

He sure as hell does.

The outrage about Hart's remarks in 2011 for which he's apologized both in the past and more recently has to be put to rest. He fucked up, he knows it and to keep piling on him is counter productive.

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2018 7:14 PM

He did not apologize in the past.

He said he wouldn’t make those jokes today because people are “sensitive”

He blamed the people who have been victimized by people sharing his views about beating the gay out of your kids for being “sensitive”

That’s not an apology.

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2018 7:37 PM

He needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2018 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!