Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lindsey Buckingham Settles Suit With Fleetwood Mac

Christine McVie: "I believe deep in Stevie's heart she would like you to come home."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2018 4:40 AM

Oh God, why don't these old dinosaurs just retire? Their constant squabbling amongst themselves had been so fucking tiresome. It's being going on for decades.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2018 6:13 PM

Because they are one of the best bands of all time, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Did Christine's statement sound remarkably passive-aggressive?

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2018 6:57 PM

It wasn’t a statement...it’s what Lindsey says she wrote to him.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2018 6:59 PM

Looks like Stevie was to blame all along for kicking Lindsey out as we all suspected. She’s not getting smarter as she gets older. FM with Buckingham in it is more lucrative. Just shut your mouth, get on stage and collect more money than a FM without him. Aren’t they having issues filling venues without LB? They’ve been broken up for 40 years. Time to move on Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2018 7:05 PM

Lindsey Buckingham is insufferable, but so is Stevie Nicks. I have colleagues that work in Azoff's office who say they're both problems.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2018 7:14 PM

I’m sorry - just wtf is going on with his hair??

Buckingham is one of those guys who peaked really early. When they started out he was divine. Perfect look for the time - it all worked for him. But as he got older - he just looked slightly effeminate- and kinda pissed off & bitter. Some guys age into their looks - he just aged out of them :(

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2018 7:19 PM

It's called a modified Bride of Frankenstein do R7

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2018 7:29 PM

Lindsey looks like he shares a barber with Giorgio Tsoukalos.

Giorgio pulls it off.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2018 7:32 PM

The cover of his big solo album. Damn he was fine.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2018 7:33 PM

A bunch of babies squabbling -- in their 70s!

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2018 7:35 PM

None of them were "big."

All were flops. Especially compared to Stevie's solo success.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2018 7:36 PM

Yeah, "Trouble" was a decent single for him.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2018 7:38 PM

Lindsey didn’t attempt to be “big” in his solo career - he used it as a creative outlet. Listen to Law and Order - it’s obvious that the man behind the sound of Rumours wasn’t expecting it to sell millions of records. He took a somewhat more commercial approach with Out of the Cradle in 1992 after he had left FM but by then his solo records were seen as boutique oddities. It’s a fantasitc album.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2018 7:48 PM

Christine’s self titled solo album didn’t “flop” - she had two hits off of it - Got a Hold on Me and Love Will Show us How.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2018 7:50 PM

Stevie said Lindsay was making fun of her behind her back at some Grammy event while she was making a speech for the group. It was the last straw and he got the call the next day that he was out.

Maybe she just finally had enough. It's been a toxic situation for a number of years. Even Lindsay didn't sound too optimistic about a reunion.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2018 7:52 PM

If you look at the video of the Music Cares speech it was Christine who instigated the shennanigans while Stevie was babbling on as she’s prone to do - and rather rudely. She was supposed to be talking about the band but she made them wait behind her as she droned on about herself and Tom Petty. Christine and Mick were dancing while Lindsey and John did the twist. It was hardly just Lindsey. She just used it as a pretext to fire him for “disrespecting” her. Stevie’s ego has ballooned unchecked for years - a very self-absorbed woman.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2018 8:03 PM

Apparently Lindsey doesn’t like Stevie’s longtime assistant Karen Johnston, who has enormous influence over Stevie and controls the flow of information to her. She’s been compared to Anne Baxter in All About Eve.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2018 8:14 PM

Bride of Frankenstein, like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2018 8:15 PM

"Because they are one of the best bands of all time."

They're way past their prime. They're a bunch of old people doing mediocre versions of songs that are from another lifetime. Who wants to see a plump, Botoxed Stevie Nick twirling around onstage and singing about gypsies and witches and crystal visions and giving Lindsey Buckingham dirty looks? Who wants to bear witness to their torturous love/hate relationship that gives off such bad vibes? Who wants to see Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie go through the motions while the Lindsey and Stevie ham it up as the main attractions? Is it nostalgia that brings people to their concerts? It must be. The musicianship has long since deteriorated. Are they still going to getting onstage and doing "Rhiannon" when they're they're all in the 80s? I guess if people are willing to shell out big bucks to see them hobble around onstage they certainly will.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2018 8:52 PM

Why did Stevie get to fire him? Does she own the group now?

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2018 8:55 PM

Fleetwood Mac was boring in 1978 and it’s boring now.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2018 9:08 PM

How much money do these people need?

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2018 9:13 PM

R21 did you watch the clip? She gave the others an ultimatum.Him or me. Of course they are going to side with Stevie. Lindsey is the better all around musician, but Stevie is the main attraction. No one will go see FM without Stevie and she knows this. For all practical purposes she might as well own the group.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2018 9:14 PM

Be kind to my widow, Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2018 9:16 PM

"Does she own the group now?"

Since she joined the group she's always been what might be called the center of attention. She made sure she was. She has an ego to rival Madonna's. She made herself the focal point of Fleetwood Mac, so I guess they figure they can't do without her but they CAN do without Lindsey Buckingham. He's the better musician; without him she never would have gotten into Fleetwood Mac. It seems so horrible for her to oust him after all he's done for her (he was instrumental in helping arrange and transpose her songs) but she's obviously only concerned with herself. A truly monstrous diva.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2018 9:17 PM

After decades of fussing and feuding, Lindsay still has no idea why he got kicked out? I find that hard to believe, and he's way too old for the disingenuous schtick.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2018 9:32 PM

In spite of r26 's 100% completely non-legal argument, Stevie has an ownership stake in the group, but does not own the group. When they "fired" Lindsey from FM, the rest of the great minds in the group forgot that Lindsey also has an ownership stake in the band, thus can't be fired, which let to just more payments to their lawyers for this silly lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2018 9:33 PM

Meanwhile Stevie sounds like a frog being fucked in the ass with a metal pipe.....

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2018 9:34 PM

It’s all about touring these days and if Lindsay doesn’t tour because he was fired, the others get a bigger piece of the pie.

It’s ALL about the money. Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2018 9:39 PM

R30 they still have to share it with the other two now. Neil Finn and the Heartbreaker dude.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2018 9:41 PM

FM and the Stones should tour together...."You've loved our ups and downs and stupid fights for 50 years. Won't you join us so we can make some more money?"

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2018 9:42 PM

Buckingham was a good looking guy in the photos on the Rumours album - but as Adele might croon, that was a million years ago.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Neil Finn and Mike Campbell do not have ownership in FM. They are simply well-compensated contract players - and very cynical and greedy ones to boot. The “new” FM sounds aweful but they are quite content promoting the band as if Lindsey’s still in it and having clueless audience members show up to realize he isn’t. Very damaging to their brand:

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2018 10:05 PM

They shouldn’t tour as FM without Lindsay or Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2018 10:49 PM

r28 LB having an ownership stake doesn't necessarily mean he can't be fired from touring or even the band as a recording entity. It depends on how the agreements are worded. He could theoretically still get paid as a stakeholder to sit at home, if he's too much of a PiTA to their bottom line, which is nostalgia tours.

I suspect they didn't realize that he would affect the bottom line as much as he did, hence everyone coming back to the table.

r34 why are they cynical and greedy? Mike Campbell might be a dick in his own right, but if I had to deal with Tom Petty for decades, I'd be cynical, too. And any musician who actually plays his/her instruments with any level of skill in this age will take what they can get.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2018 11:03 PM

There is no way in hell that Finn and Campbell combined are getting paid as much as Lindsey would be paid for touring with FM.

Stevie threw these two guys a bone. It’s not as if they gave up their own arena tours to play in FM. They may be making minimum wage where Lindsey would make at least 20% if not more.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2018 11:08 PM

R6, can you give us a little more information from your friends who work in Irving Azoff's office about them?

I watched his interview. He sued Fleetwood Mac, then turns around and says he still has "love" and "chemistry" with Stevie and practically begs to be back in the band.

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2018 12:09 AM

Buckingham and Nicks have one of the sickest relationships. I think, deep down, they despise each other but have continued to have a relationship all these many years because of the very lucrative enterprise called Fleetwood Mac. They should end it once and for all and stop all this back and forth crap. As for Buckingham talking about his "love" and "chemistry" with Nicks, well, I think he's just trying to make himself seem like an amiable guy. I think if there were no repercussions he would probably like to beat the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2018 1:46 AM

Stevie hasn't mentioned Lindsay in years. And the big love of Stevie's was Joe Walsh. She has said this in many interviews.

Doesn't Lindsay's wife supposedly resemble Stevie?

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2018 1:54 AM

Lindsey Buckingham has abused Stacie Nicks emotionally and physically for years. They both have had their drug problems but have been clean for years now. Lindsey has always resented the fact that Stevie is the bigger star and he could never enjoy the same kind of solo success that she has experienced without Fleetwood Mac. She finally had enough of his insults at a recent award show and and gave the band an ultimatum its him or I. Naturally they chose her because they would loose half their fan base if she did not tour with them. Yes they still have very loyal fans that will continue to pay the big bucks to see them. Stevie is nominated for the rock n roll hall of fame as a solo female artist this year. If she gets inducted it will be the first time a FEMALE artist has been inducted twice,

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2018 2:27 AM

"She finally had enough of his insults at a recent award show and and gave the band an ultimatum its him or I."

He didn't do anything to "insult" her. He just wasn't taking her very seriously. She takes herself VERY seriously. Her "ultimatum" is further proof of what an egotistical bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2018 2:32 AM

The Stevie Nicks Troll is deranged

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2018 2:33 AM

Lindsey’s wife looks EXACTLY like Stevie, right SN Troll? They’re practically twins! And you can tell that Lindsey is obsessed with Stevie and beats his wife, right??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2018 2:36 AM

"The Stevie Nicks Troll is deranged"

Yes, that troll is kissing her ass from here to kingdom come. What a deranged troll!

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2018 2:40 AM

While I love FM and Nicks solo work, she strikes me as a very anti-social person. I think she would rather be alone than with others which is why I can see her being a big diva. When you're alone you get to make all the decisions and do what you want but you can't always have it your way when you're in a group situation and that creates problems.

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2018 2:47 AM

I like Stevie's first solo album. I don't like any of her other albums. I think they should too dated and synth-heavy.

I watched the Music Cares speech that supposedly has clues as to why Lindsey was kicked out of the band. Stevie's speech was too long, and she kept going off on tangents about herself. (Why was she talking about Tom Petty? If she wanted to talk about other people, then how about Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer, or Bob Welch?) Among the band members, Christine appeared to be the main instigator in criticizing Stevie for the length of the speech. First she made sure she had Mick's attention, and then she exaggeratedly looked at her watch. A few moments later, she was dancing with Mick. Lindsey laughed at the two of them and then jokingly asked John to dance.. When John replied no, Lindsey then began doing the twist by himself. On the youtube video, some people said that Lindsey smirked when Stevie mistaken said they had joined Fleetwood Mac at 17 and 18 years old. The video was too blurry to tell, but a misspeak like that would certainly have warranted a smirk.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2018 9:01 PM

I can't believe how many people overlook Stevie's misdeeds.

I mean, she kicked that girl in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2018 1:35 AM

R48

What girl?

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2018 1:43 AM

Go Insane is my favorite Fleetwood Mac album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2018 1:43 AM

R20 wrote: 'Who wants to see a plump, Botoxed Stevie Nick twirling around onstage and singing about gypsies and witches and crystal visions and giving Lindsey Buckingham dirty looks?'

Ummm, I DO! And apparently so did all the other thousands of screaming fans that were at the concert I recently attended. Of course Lindsey wasn't there, and no one seemed to mind.

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote] Christine McVie: "I believe deep in Stevie's heart she would like you to come home."

[quote] Stevie Nicks " I believe deep in my heart one day I'll twirl on that bastard's grave"

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2018 2:02 AM

"I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2018 2:06 AM

So when Lindsey ditched the group right before the 1987 Tango in the Night tour, he didn't care about the havoc it caused the rest of them.

But now he whines like a little bitch when they ditch him. Poor baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2018 2:08 AM

LOL

How can anyone read that quote at R53 and not know that Lindsey is the asshole here?

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2018 2:13 AM

Nicks was talking about Tom Petty because he had been honored the year before at Musicares and she had been part of his post-speech performance. She was simply referring to the previous years' Musicares tribute, and also referring to his sudden death, which had only been a couple months before the speech.

I feel like those of you repeatedly asking why she was mentioning him actually know why. she rambles but there's nobody in the music industry who doesn't know that already. It's expected.

Besides, she's talking about her good friend and the previous years' honoree who died suddenly just several weeks earlier, and it does seem a little weird for the rest of Fleetwood Mac to be doing the twist behind her as she's doing it.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2018 2:19 AM

"Ummm, I DO! And aUmmm, I DO! And apparently so did all the other thousands of screaming fans that were at the concert I recently attended."

Did she almost fall off the stage? I've heard she has a tendency to do that. Anyway, I wouldn't pay a dime to see her. Her voice sounds like she gargles with barbed wire.

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2018 3:02 AM

"Besides, she's talking about her good friend and the previous years' honoree who died suddenly just several weeks earlier, and it does seem a little weird for the rest of Fleetwood Mac to be doing the twist behind her as she's doing it."

Tom Petty had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Fleetwood Mac, so it was weird of her to bring him up. But then she's always had a fixation on Tom Petty. When he was alive he said "she insists on being in my life." I guess the rest of the band thought it was silly for her to be rambling on about him, so they started cutting up. Good for them! I think she wanted all the attention and they put her in her place.

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2018 3:05 AM

Lindsey tried to trip Stevie on stage during their tusk tour and Christine confronted him backstage afterwards. He also tried to choke her in his car when he felt he was losing control over her song arrangement and production. For further information on this ass please read the book “Storms” written by Lindsey’s former girlfriend Carol Harris. He is a violent jealous psycho narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2018 3:18 AM

R49 shared on the DL years ago

[quote] Hi Stevie: My daughter and I have been fans of your for years. Your music soothes our souls. During your last tour you were coming out to your limo after the show and my daughter told you that she loved you and politely asked you for your autograph. You then said "Go fuck yourself" and kicked my little girl right in the cunt and broke her vagina bone. All she wanted was your autograph! It took me years to write you about this. We still love you and forgive you.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Fascinating. He dated Anne Heche? I did not know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2018 6:25 PM

Meowch!

STEREOGUM: I read you haven’t spoken to any of them since then.

BUCKINGHAM: I haven’t spoken to any of them. Once we signed some papers a few weeks ago, I did hear from Christine in an email, as I expected to. I know Mick would probably like to, but I think he’s too embarrassed and just a little too weak-willed to do it. I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.

STEREOGUM: Do you think you’ll ever end up back with the band?

BUCKINGHAM: Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system. If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure, because to me I think the lack of a proper farewell tour, if that’s what we’re doing, that doesn’t undercut, like I say, the legacy that we have so carefully built as the five of us, which they’re not doing right now. I don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a cover band kind of deal, and Stevie may be enjoying that, and that’s fine. If she is happy doing that, there is no one outcome that I think is going to be okay. The way I look at it is it’s giving me an opportunity to do some things in a more rapid-fire way with some new people who actually care about what I’m doing and not just about getting the money from Fleetwood Mac. Look, I mean it does make me question who these people are, but again, to look at it compassionately, I think it’s all coming from a lack of perspective and to some degree a certain weakness on their parts. I can’t stop loving them because of that.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2018 6:27 PM

Right. He sounds mentally healthy, there. Totally!

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2018 6:45 PM

"I compassionately believe they are greedy and weak and nothing but a cover band without me."

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2018 6:56 PM

I think he's just being honest, which is one of the qualities that make him such a powerful artist. Whoever Tom Petty was to Stevie or whatever he represented to her it triggered some kind of reaction, however misplaced. Stevie is a lonely woman, she's getting old and her talents are dimming. She doesn't write songs anymore, she doesn't record (except for one-off duets with other artists) and she doesn't seem to have other interests outside of playing the same songs over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2018 7:00 PM

“My vitality”. Oh for fuck’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2018 7:02 PM

Both Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham have severe mental problems. BOTH of them. It's not like Buckingham is the evil one. They're both awful, but I don't think Buckingham is nearly as conceited and narcissistic as Nicks.

By the way, if Buckingham is so abusive to NIcks (tripping her, choking her, mocking her) than why did Nicks continue to have a relationship with him? Was being in Fleetwood Mac and having him help her with the songs more important than even her physical safety? It would seem so. Boy, is she ever fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2018 8:35 PM

[R67] Not trying to be a smartasss here but "severe mental problems?" Do you know this for a fact firsthand? If so, what would their diagnoses be? Lindsey and his wife seem very compatible and their 3 kids all seem healthy and not fucked up - a small miracle in the rock star realm. As for Stevie, it appears that almost everyone around her is on the payroll in some fashion, even including her brother, Christopher (at least he used to be). I wonder if she has any real, normal friends and peers to socialize with. She's obsessed with money and fame to the point where it's become an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2018 8:50 PM

[R67] I don't believe the bullshit about Stevie being "an abused woman" in the sense that people have been putting it out there. That angle is to sell books. Perhaps the volatile Buckingham/Nicks situation could get physical now and again but I suspect it was a 2-way street. There's video available on YouTube of Stevie and Christine high and yucking it up as they attempt to deliver "Happy Birthday" wishes to Warner Bros. Records. Stevie playfully hits Christine several times and it's harder than it should be. I can easily imagine her pushing things to become physical. You also have to remember who Stevie is: the spoiled eldest child of a wealthy, high-powered business executive. She was doted on her whole life. Hard to imagine Jess Nicks' little princess being submissive or putting up with abuse. Stevie's parents knew Lindsey very well and loved him. If he was abusing their daughter that would not be the case.

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2018 9:13 PM

Stevie being obnoxious (and kinda funny too).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2018 9:15 PM

Bundsey Licking Ham

by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2018 9:19 PM

There are so many videos and tape recordings of Stevie Nicks coked out of her mind. I wonder if she still takes a "toot" now and then, despite having been such a hard core coke addict at one time. And then there was the rumor (I believe it) that her nose was so destroyed by her constant coke snorting that an assistant was required to blow the coke up her asshole. Yes, that's one outlandish rock star rumor that i DO believe.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2018 9:20 PM

I’m not a huge fan of FM, but if I did see them in concert I would definitely want to see Stevie twirling. There’s no point going otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2018 9:28 PM

[R72] I also agree that that story is probably true but I wouldn't expect her to confirm it! A doctor warned her that she could have a brain hemorrhage the next time she snorted a line. She was on the ROCK A LITTLE tour and planned to go to Betty Ford when it was done. The coke-up-the-anus business was a desperate stop-gap measure from someone who was terrified for her life but couldn't quit quite yet. Stevie explained that it was actually aspirin dissolved in water that almost ruined her nose, not the coke. She thought she was caring for her nose by applying aspirin to it with a dropper but in fact she could have died from it.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2018 9:30 PM

Grew up with the Mac' and love them all....from the earlier edition to the Buckingham/Nicks version, it's been a nice ride.

It's over. You can have fun with the reunion concerts, but that era is well and truly gone and no one can bring it back. These people all have egos and I've never been in favor of one over the other.....until now.

Lindsey drags the shit out the rest of the band members, not just Stevie, and burns those damn bridges. He really comes off like a huge douche here and I'm sure it's always been the case. A lot of musicians are assholes, so I'm not surprised, and he's been an amazing talent for a very long time. He's also a nasty person.

They need to go gracefully to the grave and stop the squabbling if they don't want this shit to become a damnable footnote on their legacy. It's probably already too late.

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote]Tom Petty had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Fleetwood Mac, so it was weird of her to bring him up

The previous poster already stated why she did it. It was not out of the blue.

And if the others were dancing, then that could have been Lindsay's place to turn around and tell them to stop and show some respect. It's disrespectful not only to Stevie but to the memory of Tom Petty as well. But Lindsay hates Stevie and joined the others.

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2018 9:49 PM

[R76] Fleetwood Mac got the Music Cares award, not Stevie Nicks. Of course Stevie had to make it about Stevie Nicks and not Fleetwood Mac. They had a dispute before appearing because Stevie had very craftily arranged for "Rhiannon" to be playing when they walked out together. Lindsey understandably objected to it because he thought, rightly so, that a "band song" like "The Chain" should be playing. The tiff caused a delay so tensions were already running high before Stevie's rambling, maudlin speech. Obviously she found out about the dancing and smirking after the fact because it happened behind her.

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Yeah, they're all assholes. So what? The records still sound the same..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2018 10:15 PM

Nikki Sixx told some story about someone following Nicks into the bathroom in the mid-80s with a briefcase of coke.

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2018 10:25 PM

Lindsey is most definitely a woman hitter. He had to pay his girlfriend after Stevie quite a bit of money, and she wrote about his wild abuse anyway -- which he denied doing. He also denied kicking Ms Nicks on stage, which thousands of people saw him actually do. She has her issues but he is worse, And his calling his bandmates weak-willed will not get him back into the band.

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2018 10:33 PM

Stevie Nicks is a narcissist. Years ago, the Wilson sisters were at her home and they were shocked that she had pictures of herself all over the house.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2018 10:39 PM

The life was squeezed out of all of them long ago. Buckingham sounds like he wants to create new things, but the band has just wanted to play the hits for years, and Stevie hasn't had a vital solo album in 15ish years.

It's actually sad to watch them on stage now be a fraction of what they used to be. And for several hundred dollars? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2018 10:49 PM

"She has her issues but he is worse."

If he was physically abusive to her and she still continued to have a relationship with him then she's just as fucked up as he is. But no doubt she continued the relationship because it was a lucrative one; he was part of Fleetwood Mac, and she wanted to continue to be in the band. He also was instrumental in helping her create her songs; his production and arrangements greatly enhanced them. In her Oprah Master Class, Nicks said "Lindsey and I will always be like, connected like this (clasps hands together). And we still are." So here's a guy that's actually physically abused her and she continues to be with him, socially and professionally? That is indeed fucked up.

Ann and Nancy Wilson wrote about their friendship with Stevie Nicks in their memoir "Kicking and Dreaming." They were invited to her house and it was "like a shrine to Stevie", filled with photographs of her a la Norma Desmond. They spoke of being in her bedroom, trying on clothes from her closet; sounds like a scenario from a lesbo porn movie, doesn't it? They said the friendship eventually withered because they couldn't keep up with Stevie, drug wise. She greatly outdid them in that aspect.

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2018 11:00 PM

Those Heart sisters are 2 lyin bitches!

by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2018 11:15 PM

What r20 said. Yes they're one of the greatest bands of all time but JFC they're all senior citizens now. It's just sad at this point.

Looking at this mess, I can understand why a band like ABBA decided to leave the party early, and why Grace Slick was done 30 years ago. Slick said "old people don't belong on a rock and roll stage" and she stuck to her word.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2018 11:34 PM

Wow both of them are incredibly fucked up at R70.

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2018 1:46 AM

Lindsey is just butt hurt that the music buying public doesn't give a shit about his solo career, yet Steve's solo career made her a superstar.

Oh, and he has a tiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2018 1:49 AM

^^^you’re a child

by Anonymousreply 88December 12, 2018 1:52 AM

"Lindsey is just butt hurt that the music buying public doesn't give a shit about his solo career, yet Steve's solo career made her a superstar."

Without him, nobody would even know who Stevie Nicks is.

Oh, and Stevie's pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 89December 12, 2018 1:54 AM

Stevie knew they could get away with touring without Lindsey because they did it after he quit in 87. The album they made without him sucked but the tours did fine — and Stevie doesn’t care about making a new album. Now that Christine is there they have two out of three again.

by Anonymousreply 90December 12, 2018 2:10 AM

[R90] True, but Christine isn't the grandstanding attention whore Stevie is. She is a musician to the core who has great respect for Lindsey and great creative chemistry with him. She is also a very shy and sensitive person. There's no way Christine signs on for this incarnation after this travesty of a tour is finished. It seems that Christine is mortified by it all but is caught between a rock and a hard place. Lindsey very graciously understands this and doesn't hold it against her.

by Anonymousreply 91December 12, 2018 3:19 AM

[quote]True, but Christine isn't the grandstanding attention whore Stevie is.

I never suggested she was.

I meant, Stevie’s point of view is probably that Christine is there now so they don’t need Lindsey. I wasn’t saying anything about how Christine feels about the situation.

by Anonymousreply 92December 12, 2018 6:50 AM

[quote]Yes, that's one outlandish rock star rumor that i DO believe.

Only because you hate Stevie Nicks.

That's one of the things I miss about the old DL, is that when we had gossip threads, there was a difference between people who had actual information from articles or books or interviews, and people who were just fan girls or haters making comments based on their own emotional feelings about it.

And I'm not saying that it's not valid to hate Stevie nicks, because as far as I'm concerned you can hate anybody you want. However, much of this thread is just stuff made up by people who have some kind of personal, overzealous hatred of Stevie vs being fans of Lindsay, and they've turned their emotional response into fact.

This happens with every gossip topic, it's not unique to Fleetwood Mac, but I have to admit that I really miss threads that were more factual.

by Anonymousreply 93December 12, 2018 8:54 AM

The public squabbling has been a major part of their career. Buckingham discussed it in an interview with Dan Rather. Rather called Rumours one of the greatest works of music of all time or something, and Buckingham said he is proud of the record but he thinks a reason it sold so well was the public interest in the band members’ personal lives. Rather said the album was “like a great novel,” and Buckingham said “maybe a soap opera.” He didn’t seem to be under any illusions at all about any of it. The fans of their era are invested in the foursome’s relationships and always will be. I think the same is true of a lot of popular bands, and especially those with any sort of high-profile romances. Courtney Love will never be mentioned without Kurt Cobain’s name also being mentioned even though he died decades ago. Yoko Ono’s name comes up in most discussions of John Lenon. It’s just a dynamic the public loves, dysfunctional musician romances. Buckingham has said that it’s frustrating that all these decades later fans and journalists still interrogate him about a girl he dated in his 20s and broke up with. Can you imagine being in your 60s with all that life exprience you’ve moved ahead with and the whole outside world is stuck in a volatile romance you had in your youth?

by Anonymousreply 94December 12, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]Buckingham has said that it’s frustrating that all these decades later fans and journalists still interrogate him about a girl he dated in his 20s and broke up with.

Perhaps Graham Nash could give him some pointers on endlessly rehashing decades-old romances.

by Anonymousreply 95December 12, 2018 9:15 AM

He actually complains about that? Maybe he wouldn't have that problem if he didn't tour with the woman, write songs about the woman, play up their past romance.

by Anonymousreply 96December 12, 2018 6:17 PM

Lindsey wrote a couple of scathing songs for the “Say You Will” album and Stevie said in an interview that Lindsey promised they weren’t about her.

[quote] Think of me, sweet darlin' When everything is going bad Think of me, sweet darlin' Every time you're feeling sad Think of me, sweet darlin' Every time you don't come

You just know they were totally about Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 97December 12, 2018 8:14 PM

"Only because you hate Stevie Nicks."

You don't have to "hate" Stevie Nicks to know what she is. She's supremely egotistical, was (is?) a hard core drug addict and fucked a lot of men who were beneficial to her career (Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley, Tom Petty, Jimmy Iovine, Paul Fishkin). She also has continued to have a decades long close personal and professional relationship with a man who is supposedly very abusive towards her, even physically at times, which would seem to indicate serious mental disturbance. None of that information comes from "hatred"; it's all well known facts about Stevie Nicks. If it bothers you, that's only because you love Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 98December 12, 2018 8:47 PM

[R97] Supposed COME is about Anne Heche, not Stevie. Stevie thought the song was vulgar, which led Lindsey to say something about how someone who lived such a wild life could turn around and be so prim.

by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2018 9:34 PM

Lindsay is shitty

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2018 10:04 PM

[quote]Neil Finn and Mike Campbell do not have ownership in FM. They are simply well-compensated contract players

Sounds like everyone performing in the current Eagles lineup except for Don Henley.

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2018 10:07 PM

Mike Campbell has plenty of "fuck you money" from both of his bands. I doubt he wants or needs a stake in FM.

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2018 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!