Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dumplin' on Netflix

Featuring Dolly Parton's music starring Jennifer Aniston and Danielle Macdonald (Patti Cake$).

It's a feel good movie, loved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2019 10:23 PM

[Quote] It's a feel good movie, loved it.

I did too, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2018 3:10 PM

speaking of Netflix, im watching a Jessica biel mess called the sinner. how is this woman in acting? she alwys has that same dumb cow expression....guess a hot bod goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2018 12:46 PM

Just watched it and I agree with OP, it's a fun movie. Going to watch A Simple Favor (starring Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick) next. I am a gay man, but my God, sometimes it's just great to let your inner frau out and cradle the shit out of a mug while watching chick flicks. Especially on a rainy Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2018 1:03 PM

geez I avoid anything with shallow fugs like Lively or Kendrick. their whiney girl voices make my skin craw..

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2018 1:17 PM

r4, I think the Gone, Girl premise sounds kind of fun. And Blake Lively plays a snotty, entitled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2018 1:21 PM

Jessica biel is weird. seems to never know quite where she is...

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2018 2:01 PM

[Quote] speaking of Netflix, im watching a Jessica biel mess called the sinner. how is this woman in acting? she alwys has that same dumb cow expression....guess a hot bod goes a long way.

Haven't seen The Sinner yet but i heard she was decent in it?? Is there a lot of nudity??

[Quote] Going to watch A Simple Favor (starring Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick) next. I am a gay man, but my God, sometimes it's just great to let your inner frau out and cradle the shit out of a mug while watching chick flicks.

I enjoyed A Simple Favour but it gets silly towards the end. Blake looked great as usual.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2018 2:03 PM

its a good thriller, only on episode 3, but in every thing ive seen of her, she seems so vague, vanilla, dead in the eyes. timberlake married her dint he? she mus have sumthin. .. unless she merely his beard, which is epidemic in showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2018 2:08 PM

[Quote] timberlake married her dint he? she mus have sumthin. .. unless she merely his beard, which is epidemic in showbiz.

Yeah, he did. I'm surprised she hasn't done a Superhero movie.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2018 2:15 PM

Biel has an interesting nosejob. hard to get them to look like that, with that pug nose thing....she screams dyke to me...athletic broad. she must be an icon to the lezzys.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2018 2:26 PM

R10 Must be a very subtle one compared to the lip fillers she's been getting over the years. And lol at the lesbian stereotype.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2018 2:31 PM

I alwys that she was lesbian. Would be shocked if she not . . whats with these beard marriages? to have a baby? for career? to live like that, seems like recipe for insanity for both of them.

She should do a big musical or sumthing wild, unlike her heavy drama attempts. she has an mesmerizing quality, but maybe be better suited to sell real estate...or run a brothel.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2018 2:42 PM

[Quote] She should do a big musical or sumthing wild, unlike her heavy drama attempts. she has an mesmerizing quality, but maybe be better suited to sell real estate...or run a brothel.

Can she even sing?? I think she's best suited for action roles or comedies.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2018 3:05 PM

She’s a total void as an actress but hot af. Body and face.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2018 3:09 PM

Don't know if that counts as spoiler, but what I love in Dumplin' is that at the end they focus so much on the First Runner Up that I thought she won the peagant and then they announce who actually won and it's just treated like background noise *lol*.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2018 3:12 PM

She's skinnier but she's always stayed in good shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2018 3:18 PM

R15 I liked that too.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2018 3:18 PM

why cant dolly mAKE a gritty drama, tired of these bubble gum movies she makes.

Jennifer Anniston such a cunt, shocked she picked her, tho she is a dyke to....so..

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2018 3:21 PM

[Quote] why cant dolly mAKE a gritty drama, tired of these bubble gum movies she makes.

Dolly wasn't actually in the movie.

[Quote] Jennifer Anniston such a cunt, shocked she picked her

Is she?

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2018 3:26 PM

Actually Jennifer A. is pretty good in this. She has a great comedy scene at the begging where she is helped out of a car while being in full-on peagant make-up and dress.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2018 3:33 PM

So sorry, at the BEGINNING where she is helput of a car

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2018 3:34 PM

dang. she is HELPED OUT of a car.

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2018 3:34 PM

Goddamn, R16 is kinda turning me straight.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2018 3:36 PM

Don't miss Harold Perrineau doing his best Viola Davis impersonation. As in Viola Davis playing a Dolly Parton impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2018 3:42 PM

R23 Lol straight or bi??

R24 He was fun in this movie. Reminded a little of Mercutio from R&J.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2018 3:52 PM

I hate all that goody goody family shit that dolly makes in tv stuff.

girl is a closet lez and she pushin this family crap?

git real mary

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2018 10:12 AM

She still brings up her husband Carl, you would think she would be embarrassed to keep up that ruse.

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Jennifer Anniston???? nobody wants to see that old bitch. she should be spanked for the grief she cause brad.

luv the way she gnaws her lips on talk shows. needs her Marlboro bad..

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2018 1:19 PM

[Quote] she should be spanked for the grief she cause brad.

Angie, is that you??

[Quote] her friends co stars hated her

All of them?? Because she seems pretty close to Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2018 1:36 PM

Dumplin was a dump. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2018 2:29 AM

I liked that they used real overweight women and not some cutesy Disney actresses in fat suits. I liked the religious chubby girl too.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2018 2:33 AM

Is Dumplin' a HAAS movie (healthy at any size)? Because if it is, I say no, no, no.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2018 2:38 AM

WORST MOVIE IN HISTORY

MAKE A FLIK BOUT U AND UR LEZ LOVER, AUNT DOLLY, WE WILL STILL LUV YA

IRONIC SHE PORTRAYS A FREE SPIRIT BUT HAS BEEN IN CLOSET FOR 40 YRS...

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2018 6:32 AM

I liked it too. But it was one of those movies that made me understand Netflix. There's no way this movie would have made it in theaters.

Harold Perrineau was safe for me. They introduced him like the biggest drag star in town but his stage presence was lacking. We've all seen people lip sync to Dolly, and I wanted him to ignite a spark that would bring the lyrics to life. No need for death drops just bring more emotion in your eyes!

I like how they didn't make the skinny girls bitches; instead, they where nice to Dumplin' but she was the one who got in her own head. I wish they gave the lesbian girl something else besides combat boots and shouting about the patriarchy.

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2018 8:51 AM

[Quote] I like how they didn't make the skinny girls bitches; instead, they where nice to Dumplin' but she was the one who got in her own head. I wish they gave the lesbian girl something else besides combat boots and shouting about the patriarchy.

Same.

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2018 1:46 AM

Dumplin was right. Hot highschool boys are not interested in girls like her. I get they wanted a happy ending, but bitch please.

The movie was fairly paint-by-numbers, but there are worse ways to waste a couple hours.

by Anonymousreply 36December 29, 2018 7:30 PM

[quote] It's a feel good movie

As indeed are all Jennifer Aniston films

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 29, 2018 7:39 PM

It was like an after-school special. Totally forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 38December 29, 2018 8:07 PM

Dumplin'?

Blanche, I loooovved yo daddy's big dumplin'.

by Anonymousreply 39December 29, 2018 8:17 PM

I liked it. Not a big JA fan but liked her in this. At the end everyone joins the drag queens or stage except JA. I wonder why. I did not recognize the guy from Oz.

by Anonymousreply 40December 29, 2018 8:37 PM

eww, drag queens? Nebbermind

by Anonymousreply 41December 29, 2018 8:42 PM

I liked Aniston and Dumplin, but this movie was really flat and formulaic.

It did leave me wondering whether Dumplin will be the next Chrissy Metz. She was in this, Bird Box with Sandra Bullock, and has an upcoming series with Toni Collette; it's almost as if one generation of leading ladies is passing the baton to the next big star. She needs to get away from the Dumplin nickname quickly before it becomes permanent, though (see Precious).

by Anonymousreply 42December 29, 2018 8:48 PM

Drag Queens as Fairy Godmothers. I have seen it before. Still it had a good heart and with Ricki Lake long gone and long skinny we a woman of size heroine. The actresses who play Dumplin and the fundie were very good. That Chrissy girl is too big I worry about her.

by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2018 8:57 PM

The baby dyke was hilarious

by Anonymousreply 44January 2, 2019 3:34 PM

I thought her love interest looked ridiculously old to be playing a high school student ... turns out she is four years older than him (27 to his 23).

by Anonymousreply 45January 2, 2019 3:45 PM

Jen must hate that Sandy broke the internet with HER telemovie!

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2019 3:49 PM

r45. Seriously. He looked 30 and it's unrealistic that he'd choose 'Dumplin' over the blonde that was chasing him.

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2019 4:10 AM

I have seen a few couples of nice sporty men with chubby women, they usually hook up at about 18 or 20 and last long term. Although the guys aren’t usually as Type A as him, and the girls are not depressed and grungy like her.

Interesting that actress who played the goth character was a trans man for a while before coming out as a non-binary lesbian. Fortunately she didn’t go on hormones or or chop her tits off anything.

by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2019 11:29 AM

[Quote] Interesting that actress who played the goth character was a trans man for a while before coming out as a non-binary lesbian.

Wait what??

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Might r48 mean Lachlan Watson who plays Susie on THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA?

Lachlan identified as a trans man before settling on non-binary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2019 6:03 AM

Hated it. By the numbers, predictable and not funny in the least. Danielle whatsit was good. Glad to see she’s got a decent amount of jobs lined up.

by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2019 7:16 AM

That poor kid I am watching Life Of The Party and he also had to make out with Melissa McCarthy. He is adorable though.

by Anonymousreply 52January 6, 2019 7:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 6, 2019 7:53 AM

R52 lol because Melissa is so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 54January 6, 2019 11:11 AM

I didn't think it was great. I thought it was actually sort of bland and predictable. I kept turning it off to see what else was on. To me it feels like an okay movie to just have on as background noise. You can not pay attention for 15 minutes at a time and not really miss anything.

I also thought they didn't flesh out the Dumplin' character that well. She actually wasn't all that likable or sympathetic. The other large girl, the religious one, seemed more interesting.

Did they ever mention what happened to Dumplin's father? (Maybe I should have been paying more attention).

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2019 10:02 PM

The author has written a sequel featuring the large brunette girl. She was a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2019 10:13 PM

Somebody says mean things to her and she says ‘ I’ll pray for you’. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2019 10:19 PM

R57 I get what they were trying to do by having that character in their to juxtapose Dumplin', but I thought it would have been a better movie if they would have just combined that character with Dumplin's.

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2019 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!