Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Is Getting Slammed From All Sides This Week (And Not In A Good Way) For Her Bitter Attacks On Lady Gaga

Critics, the public, E! News, even Gaga foe Perez Hilton is slamming her, Piers Morgan, Wendy Williams, etc, etc are calling Madonna out, calling her pathetic this week after she went on the attack. Madge, Razzie's Worst Actress of the Century, this isn't a good look at 60. Get a new gimmick.

‘Bitter’ Madonna and Lady Gaga go to war over quote

Madonna has a “bitter” message for her fiercest pop music rival: Gaga don’t leach.

Madonna, 60, is accusing the A Star is Born actress of allegedly stealing one of her quotes.

But Madonna — reportedly jealous of Gaga and her Hollywood success — posted an Instagram story Monday of an interview of herself from the 1980s.

Madonna said: “If there are 100 people in a room and 99 say they liked it, I only remember the one person who didn’t.”

Most of the Michigan-born Madonna’s big-screen efforts have fallen into the turkey time category.

Cue the tribes. Madonna’s fans and Gaga’s Little Monsters then went at it hammers and tongs on social media.

One tweeted: “For all the 11-year-old Gaga fans, just Google ‘Single White Female,’ then you’ll understand why Madonna is likely upset.”

In the past, Madonna has accused Gaga of copying Express Yourself and slammed her as”reductive.”

But Gaga has always denied comparisons with her older rival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498December 18, 2018 10:22 PM

“The only thing Madonna really wanted that she didn’t have was for people to take her serious as an actress and no one took her serious.”

“Do you think she’s jealous beyond control?”

”The difference is Lady Gaga can sing. That’s not shade, that’s a fact.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2018 12:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2018 12:58 AM

The backfiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2018 12:59 AM

She tried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2018 12:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2018 12:59 AM

I am a fan of Madonna and this wasn't a good look for her. A better move would have been to either ignore the Gaga attention utterly or be gracious about it (even if it was all lies and she had to take three Xanax to spit it out). Bitterness and jealousy always makes a person look pathetic, and Madonna didn't need anything adding to her pile of 'ick'.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2018 1:05 AM

These two women could be intentionally warring for the publicity. It's certainly something Madonna would do, she's always known how to expertly exploit the tabloids. Friendship between rivals is boring, warring makes news.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2018 1:14 AM

Snoorree

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2018 1:17 AM

I remember years ago Cher picked a bitch fight with Madonna because she was younger and very popular. Now the tables have turned and Madonna is doing the same thing to Lady Gaga. Major Bitch Fight with the ladies again!

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2018 1:17 AM

God, I hope the comparisons stop and that Miss G continues to go her own way, embracing her ethnic look instead of mutilating herself into some deranged pervert’s ideal of an Aryan goddess like Madge has done.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2018 1:20 AM

Girls, girls..... you’re both hard edged slags.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2018 1:25 AM

Both of them need to sell Avon and get the fuck out of our faces.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2018 1:26 AM

And so the meltdown begins...

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2018 1:30 AM

[quote]I remember years ago Cher picked a bitch fight with Madonna because she was younger and very popular.

No, Cher disliked Madonna because Madonna was invited to her house via Sean Penn and Madonna treated everyone at the party like shit. Cher never forgot it. She couldn't believe she acted like that. They shared the same publicist for years - Liz Rosenberg.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2018 1:39 AM

I think we now know why Madonna has gotten so fat and has been hitting the bottle hard.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2018 1:39 AM

Madonna right now: Attention!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2018 2:09 AM

Let's talk that man-cild Piers Morgan!

First off, you can tell he wants you to treat him like a naughty boy in bed. That's they ONLY way he and his ilk climax. It's all about him so don't even attempt to get your needs met if you're normal or a switch.

Exhuberation and sheer joy when the US kicked his ass back across the pond. His sing-songy accent required Dramamine. You know something is wrong. You don't feel quite right then someone or yourself would dive for the remote to make it stop. DL could top him in his field blind drunk.

I saw his tweet below the story in the link. Even when perusing the Fail I can't scroll down soon enough. Innately repugnant, him.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2018 2:13 AM

Madonna and Gaga surely have an understanding. Trust me. They both trade off talking smack about each other every couple of years. Settle down, bitches. And Wendy William's just needs to shut up with this one. Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2018 2:17 AM

Seriously, I am embarrassed for her. This behavior us an Iggy Izalea move, not the move of a legend.

She didn't even handle it as well as Mimi does ("I don't know her.") and she's bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2018 2:18 AM

And as if Lady Gaga is some sort of sweet, innocent victim that has done no wrong? She's one of the most passive aggressive, manipulative stars behind the scenes. Work in the industry and you'll know. But she has done a very good job at making herself into a perpetual victim over the years, manipulating both her cult-like fanbase and enough of the public to get back in their good graces, somewhat. So of course she can make Madonna look like the bully here.

Cooper had to pull off a miracle to make her performance passable. She also put the songwriters of the soundtrack through hell to claim credit she didn't earn. Maybe those stories will leak someday.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2018 2:19 AM

Oh, btw, I know the true impetus of Madonna's investment in this stunt. Know this bitch like the back of my hand. All you have to do is pretend to be 12 years old and in junior high. Why would your young Madonna self even bother? There you go.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2018 2:19 AM

Sure Madge, r20. It's one massive trainwreck for Madonna after another. From her Prince debacle, to the VMAs, to her posting the n-word, and so on. Her music career is in the toilet and her directing career is not taking off. She is obsessed with this girl and looks like a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2018 2:23 AM

Like was said we in the biz know mr/ms Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2018 6:43 PM

R20 = Madonna

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2018 7:07 PM

"Madonna is being Madonna all over Lady Gaga again"

The girls are fighting again... sort of. In a now expired-Instagram Story, Madonna shared a clip from one of her “vintage interviews” in which she tells an interviewer, “If there are 100 people in a room and 99 say they liked it, I only remember the one person who didn’t.” This, of course, directly reflects something Lady Gaga has said approximately 900 times whilst promoting A Star Is Born.

Then, as Madge is known to do, she shared a bunch of “NSFW posts” on Instagram with captions like, “don’t (expletive) with me Monday” and “I heard it all before...talk is cheap. If you can’t improve the silence...say nothing. #sorrynotsorry.”

Is it directed at Gaga? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say almost definitely. Is it enough to call a beef reignited? Heck no! Have you seen Madonna’s social media feed? It’s full of nonsense, most of which registers like she’s mad at someone. Society? Irrelevancy? Getting called out for her naval gaze-y Aretha Franklin “tribute” at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards?

The better question is: Will Gaga emerge from her Oscar-ready glow to respond to a maybe-might’ve been-probably is-dig at her silver screen victory? Nah. She’s busy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2018 8:04 PM

Op has over half the posts here . Yikes lol

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Will Lady GaGa freak out when her successor eventually emerges?

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Poor Madge. These next couple of months are going to be hard for her.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2018 8:13 PM

r27, I hope she makes a obvious rip of one of Gaga's hits, and never admits it was plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote][R27], I hope she makes a obvious rip of one of Gaga's hits, and never admits it was plagiarism.

Like when Madge ripped off this song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2018 8:16 PM

No idea what's going on, but lol'ing at Perez Hiilton, Wendy Williams and Piers Morgan speaking out against anyone being of any importance whatsoever.

Madonna is a jealous narcissistic cunt since forever, of course she's going to be bitter about someone as talented as Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2018 8:17 PM

Hilarious r30, sounds nothing like any Madonna song. Like most people, I heard "Express Yourself" the first time I heard "Born This Way." It's as plain as day, and Gaga refused to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2018 8:19 PM

Nice try, r32, but Madge ripped off the chorus and gave no credit. No one has more lawsuits for ripping people off than Madonna Ciccone.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2018 8:21 PM

Madonna has nothing to prove anymore. I don’t know why she has to be so petty and envious of anyone. She should count her blessings and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2018 8:26 PM

The Monsters are so desperate and reaching. Anything for their Goddess!!!

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2018 8:27 PM

If Gaga wins an Oscar there will really be no living with her.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2018 8:31 PM

Remember when Gaga was persona non-Grata because of her ubiquity and everyone got super sick of her?

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2018 8:38 PM

Ok, slow down. It drives me crazy when somebody makes a good point and then the point is lost to mob trash.

Madonna was in the right here. I have been trashing her in the other thread, but on this particular point Maddona nailed it.

Gaga clearly copies her verbatim. She’s guilty as charged. It’s not the first time GaGa has ripped her off and trolled her and then plays dumb.

Overall, Madonna is a mess right now but she is correct. Gaga started this fight. What’s a girl to do?

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2018 8:41 PM

At 32 madonna was still making great music, fugga on the other hand.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2018 8:44 PM

It's super sad because Madonna is a legend yet she acts so petty and desperate and bitter that she undermines her status and her legacy. She is so insecure that she tries to pick a fight with Gaga who is twice younger than her. Gaga has been just nominated for two GG. I'm scared that Madonna will go into meltdown if Gaga wins anything.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2018 8:54 PM

[quote]Madonna was in the right here.

Yeah, okay, Madge. You keep going with that while the public and the industry continue to drag your saggy ass from here and back and your career continues to tank. Keep pushing that skin cream no one wants. Can't wait to see your album flop next year. lmao

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2018 9:02 PM

Mob trash ^

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2018 9:52 PM

Notice how the mob trash won’t adress the actual claim.

Madonna showed the reciepts. Gaga ripped her off AGAIN.

They don’t want to talk about that.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2018 9:59 PM

Madonna showed that she’s a moron.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2018 10:03 PM

The only thing more pathetic than Madonna trying to hold on to whatever level of stardom she can, is that loser Perez Hilton trying to do the same thing. No one cares what that freak thinks yet he still insinuates himself any time there's any sort of celebrity issue going on.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2018 10:07 PM

Gaga's career so far has been one "inspired by" and "influenced by" after another. She's been "inspired by/influenced by" Madonna, Bowie, Prince, Christina, Cher, and countless others. Good God, she's a fucking copy cat to this day. It's timeous to watch her regurgitate and belch out other people's work. And she's a hollerer, not a signer.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2018 10:09 PM

As the creator of this thread, the putrid stench of Janbot rotting sharts are all over this anti-Madonna thread as usual.

The fact is - Janbot is [bold]OBSESSED[/bold] with Madonna because she shits all over Janet Jackson on every single level, every single time.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2018 10:22 PM

I hope Gaga is ok from all of this. Glenn Close's subtle attacks on Lady Gaga, her jealousy over Gaga's climb to the Oscar is just as pathetic as Madonna's insecurity. LG - you have talent over both of them. Let's hear the song Glenn Close can sing or the acting range Madonna has (ha!).

Stand tall and avoid responding to these two pathetic old women.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2018 10:41 PM

Madonna Savagely Came After Lady Gaga and Her Infamous 'A Star Is Born' Quote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2018 10:46 PM

To be fair, Madonna's directorial debut got great reviews and won major awards a few years back yet was snubbed come Oscar time in all of the major categories. She got disqualified for Best Song because it was written by too many people or some ridiculous rule.

:Let's also remember how she was snubbed for an Oscar nomination for Evita. The woman who won the Oscar that year came out of a left field and hadn't won any major awards prior. Madonna was a frontunner for at least a nomination that year if not actually winning the trophy.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2018 10:47 PM

"Little Star" is on the December 2001 (A) Gap In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2018 10:52 PM

Remember when Lady PukePuke dressed like a mermaid and rode around in a wheelchair and tried to claim it was original?

Midler was pissed!

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2018 10:56 PM

LG fans cannot get through life just enjoying her career because, lets face it, there isn't much of one.

In the end, Madonna would never trade careers with LG. Ever. But LG would KILL for Madonna's career. That is fact. LG was not even in the top 15 most streamed females this past year. She will not have a movie career and her music career is laughable. They go after Madonna's talent as if that will somehow make LG happen. It won't. LG isn't even close to being the most talented anything.

You little monsters would KILL for her to have Madonna's career, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2018 10:57 PM

Lil Monsters are pressed she is in the DRAMA category so there will be NO winning that GG.

Bitch will not get an Academy Award for Actress. Not.Gonna.Happen. Let her try and let her win. NO ONE CARES! I know it gets your panties wet thinking Madonna does and who cares if she does. Your obsession over Madonna is telling.

In the end, Lady Gags has tried it all and a thousand other real stars shine so much brighter. ANY other pop bitch would have turned this movie into a cultural EVENT. Yet, it is just a successful movie nothing more. That is fucking hysterical and speak volumes about Lady Gags lack of star quality and the general public's not caring.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2018 11:03 PM

I'm on Madonna's side in this but scat freaks like R47 who are obsessed with actual shit are disgusting.

That poster puts fecal matter in most of his posts. Creepy.

Madonna doesn't need his feces-covered support.

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2018 11:06 PM

R51 Thank you Mr Gap Guy!

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote] To be fair, Madonna's directorial debut got great reviews and won major awards a few years back yet was snubbed come Oscar time in all of the major categories.

What??! The film was panned and didn’t even make a million dollars at the box office. It was a certified bomb.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2018 11:13 PM

Madonna’s entire career is one big rip-off not one look, one pose, one sound, has been original. Every single fucking thing was stolen from someone else. They have side by shot shots from her entire career and she’s been sued ten billion times and has had to settle out of court for stealing. She had absolutely no talent. She can’t sing. She relied on shock value. Gaga can sing, write and read music and play multiple instruments. Madonna will never EVER be able to compete with her and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2018 11:15 PM

r58 You sound frantic. The Trump of Pop has her fans carpet bomb ANY other singer's talents and achievements because mother monster can't compete just like deplorables. And yet, you'd KILL for your mother monster to have Madonna's career and no Madonna fan would ever trade places and have mother monster. That must hurt. Enjoy the next few months because, you know, afterwards, mother monster is gonna struggle to get any attention, find any success, and will likely come up with yet another illness she has to cover for her failures.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2018 11:21 PM

Madonna is a cunt. She was once a young cunt, and now she's an old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2018 11:22 PM

GaGa can sing but Madonna has better songs. I'd much better have the soundtrack of Madonna at a party than Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2018 11:23 PM

Madonna's "Impressive Instant" sounds great on the February 2002 Gap / GapBody In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2018 11:23 PM

r60 At least she is the all time most successful female singer cunt. Gaga? She isn't going to be any all-time anything except all time try-hard always riding on someone else's shoulders for success.

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2018 11:24 PM

You can tell Lil Monsters are not secure in her "success" lately because it really is a non-event. This is no Whitney Houston level BG hysteria, or Madonna level Evita hysteria, or Jennifer Lopez level Selena career defining. I could go on. Nope. It is just a good movie that had box office success but was quickly overshadowed by Michael FUCKING Myers. There is no organic buzz. Never is with Gagy.

Her singing talent is a dime a dozen. Nothing special. She is an atrocious songwriter and pedestrian piano player. I mean, shit, Justin Beiber plays better than her any fucking day on several instruments. Yet, with all that "talent" everyone is EHHHHH.

They've been pushing her hard for a decade and everyone moved on 8 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2018 11:29 PM

Gaga tried to rip-off Grace Jones, but Miss Jones wasn't having it, giving her a bitch-slap so hard it made her ugly head spin.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2018 11:34 PM

I thought Gags was the "female Elton John" on the piano!

by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2018 11:35 PM

r58 AMEN!

by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2018 11:44 PM

R66 She thought that and went to great lengths to make you believe it instead of, oh I don't know, letting us make up our own minds. She can't do that. She and her fans must TELL us how talented and great she is and they must TELL us how untalented her rivals are. You see WE can't come to our OWN conclusions. Not with this one. She, and they, will tell us what we are to think.

Meanwhile, I hope they realize Madonna was considered a shoo-in for Oscar nomination for Evita. She was taken seriously until she did the next 2 films. All these monsters going into hysterics thinking old botox face Gag is considered a serious actress better wait until the eggs hatch. Doesn't she already have some Razzies or Razzy noms?

by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2018 11:46 PM

Lady Gaga is far more talented, she has proven to be a gifted actress, and she might be nominated for an Oscar. She could have a movie career ahead of her. Madonna never achieved it because of her gagantuan ego and her limited talent. Lady Gaga has everything that Madonna wants now. Her days in the sun are over. It happens to every star. What irritates her most - Madonna is 60 and Lady Gaga is 32.

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2018 11:59 PM

Madonna’s mentally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2018 12:02 AM

Her fans go on and on and on about how she can PLAY the piano. OMGGGGGG. For realz? Wow. She can sing? STFU. I'm dropping EVERYTHING and running out the door to grab my MONSTER card.

The thing is, while her talent is highly debatable (HIGHLY debatable), lets say all of that is true and beyond. Even with that, she had 2 good years and she was an after thought, a has been with dozens of other pop stars leaping ahead of her.

R69 Sweety, you would trade careers with Madonna in a heartbeat for your 35 year old already botoxing the fuck out of her face mother. Madonna would never in a million years trade places with her. And you know it. The Trump of Pop indeed!!!!!! Your post reads like a Trump tweet.

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2018 12:02 AM

Madonna is very masculine IMO

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2018 12:03 AM

Lady Gaga is and has never been a beauty or sexy. Why is she botoxing and filling her face at her age? She is no spring chicken but damn. She is a ball of insecurity and it is off-putting. She makes up diseases or ailments she has to cancel tours that aren't selling. She even broke a hip and had surgery but has no visible surgery scar. She IS the Trump of Pop. All hype but behind the mask, a ball of lies and illusions/delusions.

Have you ever wondered why she isn't popular or never will come close to the level of success Madonna has? Or Katy Perry? Or Taylor Swift? Or Beyonce? Or Adele? Of Whitney Houston? Or Janet Jackson? Or Kylie Minogue? Or....well you get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2018 12:08 AM

Speaking of her (faked) illness, remember this? oh, MY SIDES! LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2018 12:12 AM

Her fans cannot just be happy because they expected this to be Bodyguard/Evita level and it isn't anywhere close.

When all is said and done, no one cares about awards. This will be all over in a few months and she will go back to finding the next person to raise her up and ride their coattails. On her own, she is nothing. I feel very bad for her. She tries and tries but she doesn't have "IT" in the end.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2018 12:13 AM

Is Madonna the Glenn Close of music? Poor dear. No Oscar for you. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2018 12:19 AM

"I LOVE getting slammed from all sides, especially by well-hung Latin men in their early 20s."

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2018 12:21 AM

r76 Oh you reek of sadness. I bet you'd take Madonna's 350 million records sold, her tour numbers, her longevity, her legend status, her R&R HOF, over an Oscar any day for your gagy. gags sad pop career, not even in the top 20 of the past decade, makes you all go crazy. Her movie hasn't reached the level of buzz of other pop star movies.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2018 12:30 AM

You know this would have been huge with Beyonce. It would have been a cultural event and would have snagged #1 at the box office not beaten by a badly reviewed b-list super hero movie or a Halloween reboot number 18.

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote]”If there are 100 people in a room and 99 say they liked it, I only remember the one person who didn’t.”

Does Miss Madonna think she INVENTED this, or variations of it?

It’s what many perfectionists claim.

If her quote had been “If 72 people in a room” or “20 million people in a room”....but to go from 100 to 99 is not exactly a groundbreaking phrase.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2018 1:05 AM

nice boobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2018 1:07 AM

even her tits look masculine small areola and nipple like men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2018 1:11 AM

implants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2018 1:13 AM

Let's not forget Madge can take comfort in her 9 razzie wins. She had been awarded the most of any actress. Queen of Pop and Razzies!

by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2018 1:30 AM

Who cares about Razzies?

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2018 1:36 AM

Razzies are a competition nonetheless though given for *bad* acting. One or two no big deal but nine? Bitch please!

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2018 1:38 AM

Stewart was nominated at Razzies many times but she's very underrated actress

by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2018 1:43 AM

Mangelina Jolie is the Queen of Razzies

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2018 1:43 AM

Lady CaCa was rightfully called out for yet another copy-cat move. She’s like a xerox machine with it all.

by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2018 1:47 AM

We are allowed to trash Madge here on datalounge. But when other people trash her, my claws come out.

**hissss**

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2018 1:48 AM

Madonna and Glen throwing shade is just edging LG ever closer to that Oscar! They know this competition is going to hype up the ceremony to levels it hasn't seen for many years, and the Academy NEEDS to honor its young talent to survive, the fact that older stars are being so ungracious and narcissistic makes Gaga look like an even better candidate. Saner, classier and more talented.

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2018 1:55 AM

Posting an old interview is a bitter attack now? Jesus, what special snowflakes!

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2018 5:31 AM

Gaga is an ugly horseface woman.. an the op is really Janbot..Madonna does not care what Piers Wendy or other trash media talk about her specially two face bitter queen Perez or silly monsters, she could share her own interview, stop treating that awful gaga as something good she is horrible

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2018 5:42 AM

Anything but that hideous monster Perez. What a leech, that guy.

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2018 5:48 AM

Perez looks like Shrek and Fiona’s baby.

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2018 5:49 AM

R75 gaga needs awards cause she is an ugly insecure untalented rat face , and most of those monsters fans re as ugly as she is.. her awards belong to her silly fans so she need them all

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2018 5:50 AM

Didn't Razzies award/nominate Madonna as Worst Actress of the Decade?

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2018 6:05 AM

R97 Razzies are run by idiots .Have you ever seen their website? It is a joke... They obviously hate any popstar to dare to make a film they nominate everyone even your fave caca

by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2018 6:09 AM

R88, Angelina Jolie has an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2018 6:11 AM

R98, you are saying it because Madonna won 9 Razzies and was nominated 16 times.

by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2018 6:16 AM

R100 No but I'm not stupid those awards are meant to be funny no one should take them seriously, They obviously have a vendetta against M

by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2018 6:26 AM

R101, what vendetta.? She is just a very poor actress that's all.

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2018 6:43 AM

Evita has only 63% on Rotten Tomatoes, by all means it wasn't critically acclaimed movie like some people try to pretend here.

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2018 6:59 AM

R102 pretty sure there were worst actors than her, but obviously she is a huge name for their stupid website and she has enemies too, I find her acting fine not great, She was good in Evita but her films not always had good scripts, not her fault, she always took risky films or silly comedies.

R103 Evita was acclaimed in 96/97 but RT was not on those years most of those reviews are from sites that has not even verified or are down now

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2018 7:03 AM

If you read the reviews, most of them praise her acting and/or singing and dislike the movie itself, or the direction.

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2018 7:06 AM

R105 movie is fine. It was a return for musicals, people were lost, then Chicago arrived, and then the others

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2018 7:08 AM

[quote] She was good in Evita but her films not always had good scripts, not her fault

Oh, so we're now blaming the scripts for Madonna's failed acting career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2018 7:12 AM

I like Madonna, and like some musicals (Chicago, Greatest Showman), but Evita had way too much singing. Now it makes sense, that the album actually came before the movie.

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2018 7:12 AM

R107 damn she is ugly don't use that gif

by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2018 7:13 AM

R107 her movie career was fine it was always a side career, her music is what always matter..Lest see what will happen after gags lucky charm ends, with not successful music and the novelty disappear

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2018 7:15 AM

Gaga is talented but she has been ripping off Madonna for years. First with her looks and style. Then ripping of Express Yourself w Born This Way. Which Gaga refused to own up too. Now she’s even borrowing statements Madonna made years ago and passing them off as her own new words of wisdom. It’s bullshit! I can see why Madonna has to call her out again. She’s correct in this instance too! I really hope Glenn Close wins the Oscar to shut Gaga up!

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2018 7:19 AM

It's also worth noting that globally A Star is Born is closing in on 400 million. Even adjusted for inflation Evita earned about half that. So if Evita was some raging success then A Star is Born is a stupendous success. In regards to copy cat wasn't Swept Away a remake? Madge is now long in the tooth to marry an up and coming director who will put her in another movie. If a movie has a need for a sexy grandma they're more likely to go with Cher

by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2018 7:33 AM

R112 Evita was a return to musicals, she again opened the door to films like your stupid caca did, with no Madonna no caca would had had a career,and overcome that ugliness and awful personality that miss gargoyle has

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2018 7:38 AM

Yes and Swept Away did as intended and Swept Away the last of Madges movie career. Only because of her music stature did she get to make as many movies as she did and the bitch still couldn't pull off an Oscar

by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2018 7:43 AM

R114 she does need an oscar, and awards does not give you anything more than more ego, She was too big as a performer to be seen different as an actress, I'm glad she try and I would enjoy more movies even the silly ones were good in a way because she dd not take her THAT seriously......meanwhile as gags music career is dead she perhaps will have more luck cause people already forget her as an musician

by Anonymousreply 115December 7, 2018 7:47 AM

Madonna s movie career is over at this stage. Nice studio will waste money on someone who's basically box office poison. So let's enjoy her many silly movies

by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2018 7:51 AM

*she does NOT need them

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2018 7:52 AM

R1116 I don't think she cares about acting at 60 she has her feet on directing....... good luck at the movies watching gaga rat face on full scale YUCK

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2018 7:54 AM

I Googled Single White Female like Madonna said and this is what showed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2018 8:03 AM

But Madonna not only was never even nominated for Acting Oscar, she never was even nominated and never won Oscar for Best Song too. I mean people try to pretend she failed as actress because she was too big as music performer - yet she wasn't nominated as music performer either.

by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2018 8:08 AM

Why do singers think they can act?

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2018 8:17 AM

Madonna is planning on directing a film for MGM soon. I shit you not.

by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2018 8:30 AM

Evita was panned. It was one big music video.

by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2018 8:32 AM

Golly, MGM schtill makes pichtshures? Mama would be sho happy. Call my servish! I’m here at Schierra Towersh!

by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2018 8:44 AM

Gaga should do a spoof song called Don't Cry for Me Madgentia.

The truth is I never like you,

All through my wild days, my grand existence,

my fame is honest, now keep your distance...

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2018 8:52 AM

Wait until Madge’s album drops next year and sinks like a stone. What lame stunts will she try to pull at 61?

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2018 9:08 AM

R61, she will probably expose ye olde boobs during concerts and maybe rub her ancient pussy cause she still tries to use sex to sell her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2018 9:25 AM

Madonna should host the Oscars now. Talk about ABC getting huge numbers with this cat fight ensuing.

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2018 9:45 AM

R99 Yes but she's an awful actress and the other nominees were all better than her

by Anonymousreply 129December 7, 2018 9:56 AM

/Madonna is planning on directing a film for MGM soon. I shit you not./

Good luck with that. Her last movie, W.E., has 13% on RT.

by Anonymousreply 130December 7, 2018 12:06 PM

Miss Gaga just scored 5 Grammy noms today. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 131December 7, 2018 2:28 PM

Madge is collabing with fascist supporter Anitta for new album. She’s truly insane.

by Anonymousreply 132December 7, 2018 2:32 PM

R131, just don't tell Madge about it please or she will post some cringeworthy photos in instagram again.

by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote]Madonna Is Getting Slammed From All Sides This Week

{shudder} Pics Please.

by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2018 2:50 PM

Madonna ,like MJ,would have never had the career she had if not for MTV. I listen to her old stuff now that I used to love like "Express yourself" and "Vogue" and while the songs are still good,her voice was never good. Ever. I remember some movie about her where a guy said she was all "Naked ambition without the talent to back it up" and I thought that summed her up rather well. She picked catchy songs,that I give her,and her videos were awesome,but Honey,that bitch could never sing.I say this as a HUGE Madonna fan back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2018 3:02 PM

R135, she did sing nice in Frozen.

by Anonymousreply 136December 7, 2018 3:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2018 3:17 PM

Lol, as if Madonna invented 99 vs 1. What Lady Gaga said wasn’t even akin to what Madonna said. In Gaga’s statement, she was being gracious in acknowledging the one man who believed in her for this project. Madonna’s statement was a brush off to the people who admired her only to focus on one person who didn’t care for her for one reason or another. It reeked of narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote]she did sing nice in Frozen.

Madonna sang “Let it Go”?

by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2018 3:28 PM

Lady Gaga is in her prime. I love Madge, but she needs to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 140December 7, 2018 3:32 PM

R136, with about a million added effects. She was sued for plagiarism and lost over that song. More stealing.

by Anonymousreply 141December 7, 2018 3:35 PM

Madonna is the worlds oldest mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 142December 7, 2018 3:38 PM

r138's native language is not English.

by Anonymousreply 143December 7, 2018 3:55 PM

R139, I meant song. R141, oh, I didn't know.It's upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 144December 7, 2018 4:07 PM

Madge has 7 Grammies. Gaga has 6. If Gaga wins at least two she will outscore Madge. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 145December 7, 2018 5:08 PM

Gaga could be an EGOT if she really wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 146December 7, 2018 5:38 PM

Madonna and Glenn Close are just evil people for making Gaga feel about her success.

by Anonymousreply 147December 7, 2018 8:26 PM

Trump of Pop and her deplorables are in full effect on this thread. The hyperbole, the desperate need for awards and validation when failure is all she has ever known. Her lil monsters would love for her to have success in POP yet that will never be. Bitch is fucking ugly as hell and with all that "talent" no one gives a fuck about her. Grammy? Look at the nominees. It is SHIT. Gagy can't even be the most successful of HER generation or even in the top 10 of her generation. She will flame the fuck out in movies. You watch, her next movie will fail bigly.

by Anonymousreply 148December 7, 2018 9:21 PM

Madonna is the Trump of Pop. Don’t even. She is from the same era, the same shallowness, the same narcissism, and the same no talent.

by Anonymousreply 149December 7, 2018 9:24 PM

If Lady Gaga gets an Oscar, Madonna will go nuclear.

by Anonymousreply 150December 7, 2018 9:28 PM

^Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 151December 7, 2018 9:29 PM

As if Madonna would change careers with miss botox filler face. But she would change careers with Madonna and all your deplorables know it. Gag is truly the Trump of Pop. All lies, fake, hyperbole, hype, the desperate need for awards and to be seen as talented even though it is clear she doesn't have it. She has 4 writers on her movie song and we all know she just added a word to get a credit. That was all Mark Ronson. She isn't fooling anyone. The world has spoken and Gag can't even keep pace with the low rung of the pop world. She can have a song Oscar because no one fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 152December 7, 2018 9:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 7, 2018 9:51 PM

r153 You do realize Gaga is doing this in her mid-30's and I for one don't like it. So what she was never going to be a beauty. It is hypocritical to her messages.

by Anonymousreply 154December 7, 2018 9:55 PM

[quote] She will flame the fuck out in movies. You watch, her next movie will fail bigly.

That's believable. Remember Madonna got good reviews for her first movie too, Desperately Seeking Susan. If Gaga does succeed, she's going to have to be helluva actress, to overcome how homely she is.

by Anonymousreply 155December 7, 2018 10:01 PM

Riiight. Madge is the one selling face cream. LMFAO.

by Anonymousreply 156December 7, 2018 10:02 PM

Madonna was hardly in her first movie and she wasn’t in television winning Golden Globes. Next.

by Anonymousreply 157December 7, 2018 10:03 PM

r157 Oh you monsters are soooo validated by awards. Wow. It is the ONLY thing you can take solace in. You can't with her flopping music career that lasted a good 2 years then everyone said "Eh, next" and she was supplanted by diva after diva after diva.

You all know it's over after this movie plays out and it wasn't the event the Bodyguard or Evita were. The Bodyguard got pretty bad reviews. Whitney didn't get ANY nominations from it for acting yet it was HUGE. Something LG cannot do.

She can win all the awards. Hell John FUCKING Legend is an EGOT winner and no one gives a shit. Same with LG.

by Anonymousreply 158December 7, 2018 10:08 PM

Someone brought up the boxoffice of Evita vs ASIB. You cannot compare as the market, as in world market, has grown substantially since 1996. There are many many markets open now that weren't then. Also, musicals were not popular and Evita was the first one to have any success in a long time and its numbers were seen as huge at the time seeing as it was a movie which was 90% singing.

Both were/are successful. Evita was an Oscar contender and Madonna was considered a shoo-in for a nomination if not a win. As for Lady Gaga getting nominated for acting this year- lets not count on that. These awards are volatile and I feel like you're jinxing her by acting as if she will get nominated.

by Anonymousreply 159December 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Madonna plays the victim, but you know growing up she was a loathsome creature -- a petty narcissist with daddy issues who pretended she showed up alone and hungry in NYC (um, her brother Christopher lived there already). All the art scene people didn't really take to Madonna. Then Niles Rogers altered her voice (she was imitating Cindy L.) and the rest is history. She's just a slag. Aging terribly. No talent. Changes one word on a song for credit. Fuck her. She's the Donald Trump of pop music history.

by Anonymousreply 160December 7, 2018 10:33 PM

R159, what do you mean by "Evita was Oscar contender"?

by Anonymousreply 161December 7, 2018 10:33 PM

r160 The narcissist is the one who craves awards and cries for attention by walking in and out of hotels with crazy outfits on, who makes up having diseases that are real to other people that she uses to get attention and to get out of flopping tours. Didn't she have hip surgery (at HER age)? Yet she has no scar. None. Someone who frantically plays on every award show, late night show, music event, tribute, just so she can be seen. All the while, the response to seeing such gloriousness is...........nothing.

Gaggs is a pathological liar and has gathered a (very small looking at her pop career) number of sad sack lemmings who have such low self-esteem they NEED their monster mother to win awards to feel better about their sorry lives. Enjoy this limited amount of success. She has no future as an actress- you all know it- and no future as a pop star or singer-that ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 162December 7, 2018 10:40 PM

I love how the little morons take something someone said about LG, she is the Trump of Pop (nailed it) and her minions are just like deplorables and they turn around and say "Nuh uhhhh. Madonna is the trump of pop and a doody head too." The actual PROJECTION is stunning. You could not have reacted more perfectly to be labeled as deplorables and your monster the Trump of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 163December 7, 2018 10:42 PM

I mean, yes Madonna has been acting cringe lately. No doubt. She has lost the plot lately. But she has been around 35 plus years. As much as I hate to say it, Gaga has been addicted to drugs, thrown up on someone on stage on purpose, made dozens of cringe interviews, has shifted her career so wildly and always saying this time is her authentic self, has now resorted to plastic surgery when her message used to be love yourself for who you are. And she has only been around 10 years. Who is she? Does she believe anything she has ever said? It appears to be no. She is a shell. They just fill it with whatever they think will get her attention.

And yes, you all would trade careers with Madonna in a heartbeat. Don't be silly. If Madonna is jealous then she is an idiot because what is there to be jealous of? It's not like Gaga is threatening her in the music field like Beyonce or maybe Taylor. I could see someone getting jealous over that. Not Gaga. She's just having a poke and tickle and you all let it get to you.

by Anonymousreply 164December 7, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote]Evita was an Oscar contender and Madonna was considered a shoo-in for a nomination if not a win.

Bwaaa-haha!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 7, 2018 11:25 PM

[quote]Someone brought up the boxoffice of Evita vs ASIB. You cannot compare as the market, as in world market, has grown substantially since 1996. There are many many markets open now that weren't then.

Honey, 1996, wasn't 1956, Jesus Christ. lmfao.

by Anonymousreply 166December 8, 2018 6:46 AM

At least Gaga never condoned pedophilia or bestiality, or rape, or used her dead mother for attention. She also didn't laugh when she learned that her makeup artist was raped and then wondered how the publicity would negatively affect her. Madonna is text book sociopath. She's also giving millions to an anti-gay cult and believes in all sorts of crazy superstitious nonsense, including drinking mystical water that was outed as being taken from a nuclear waste dump.

by Anonymousreply 167December 8, 2018 6:48 AM

[quote] Evita was an Oscar contender and Madonna was considered a shoo-in for a nomination if not a win.

Yeah. Sure she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 8, 2018 7:22 AM

We can debate Madonna vs Gaga all day, but I have to say I was beyond happy Madonna won the role of Evita because Streep was so sure she was going to get it .

by Anonymousreply 169December 8, 2018 8:35 AM

"Madonna picked up an early Academy Award nomination for her role in "Evita" - from herself.

At a news conference Wednesday in London, she was asked whether she expected to be an Oscar nominee in February for her starring role as Evita Peron in the musical, and whether that would mean a lot to her."Yes and yes," she said."

Madonna was so arrogant and stupid she claimed she was going to be nominated for sure.

by Anonymousreply 170December 8, 2018 8:40 AM

I so want Gaga to win. And I don't even care.

by Anonymousreply 171December 8, 2018 9:33 AM

Barf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 8, 2018 9:54 AM

Come on, kids. I'm hip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Don't you want to look like me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 8, 2018 9:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 8, 2018 9:58 AM

Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 8, 2018 9:58 AM

People were already shredding Gaga for using that line in interview after interview. Madonna should have just shut up. Her rival was already getting dragged, with no assistance from her. I hate these stupid Twitter/Instagram feuds, that leave everyone lookiing foiolish.

by Anonymousreply 177December 8, 2018 9:59 AM

Madonna is an international joke.

by Anonymousreply 178December 8, 2018 10:01 AM

The Madonna loon is insane! Listen, we all love Madonna! We can also love Gaga. They're both talented women. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 179December 8, 2018 10:06 AM

Didn't Madonna win an Oscar for her performance of the Sondheim song for Dick Tracey?

by Anonymousreply 180December 8, 2018 10:15 AM

[quote]Didn't Madonna win an Oscar for her performance of the Sondheim song for Dick Tracey?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 181December 8, 2018 10:15 AM

^Not even nominated.

by Anonymousreply 182December 8, 2018 10:18 AM

Sooner or Later won the Oscar for best Original Song.

Why are you trying to deny that?

by Anonymousreply 183December 8, 2018 10:24 AM

R165 where is made for now on billboatd on this week with a 1000 remix still trash

by Anonymousreply 184December 8, 2018 11:03 AM

R183, yeah, but it was Sondheim who won Oscar, not Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 185December 8, 2018 12:05 PM

If only Madonna had been originally cast as intended in the 1987 movie "Blind Date". The role Kim Basinger played was written specifically for Madonna to play opposite Sean Penn (in the Bruce Willis role). Her starring in back to back awful comedies in the mid 80s would have killed her acting career once and for all, and then we might have been spared her Oscar aspirations.

by Anonymousreply 186December 8, 2018 12:26 PM

Madonna must be dead. And I like her. She wasn't my thing. Still. She's dying.

by Anonymousreply 187December 8, 2018 12:49 PM

Gaga has a body of work. Me? I have body of evidence!

by Anonymousreply 188December 8, 2018 1:06 PM

R160 Remember that fawning birthday letter Thurston Moore wrote to/about Madonna? Was that ass lick printed in the NYT?

It was weird.

by Anonymousreply 189December 8, 2018 1:20 PM

R188, yeah Madge, you won Razzie as Worst Actress for this role.

by Anonymousreply 190December 8, 2018 1:21 PM

r160 no, in Christopher's book he said he moved to NYC after Madonna did and went to live with her in her rat infested apartment.

by Anonymousreply 191December 8, 2018 5:57 PM

She had money and connections. She made up a bullshit story. She can’t even keep her lies straight like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 192December 8, 2018 6:09 PM

Gaga talked about sexual assault... a few weeks later Madonna comes out about being forced to give a blow job. lol. Gaga takes on bullied gay youth to much acclaim and Madge puts up pictures of dead gay kids in the most grotesque and ridiculous way possible in her tour. Cold and calculated. Madonna is a hallowed out human being. She literally hired all of The King’s Speech’s crew and had them make her a film and expected to win an Oscar. She is totally talentless. She’s the McDonald’s of pop music. The Trump of pop. She just slaps her name on other people’s work.

by Anonymousreply 193December 8, 2018 6:14 PM

Madonna made a movie about Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII, famous Nazi sympathizers who met Hitler, then claimed that Wallis Simpson was much maligned in history books. She is out of her depths.

by Anonymousreply 194December 8, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote] Madonna Is Getting Slammed From All Sides This Week

Is she trolling Spanish Harlem fin her limo for men again?

by Anonymousreply 195December 8, 2018 6:22 PM

LG and her monsters truly are the Trump and deplorables of Pop. Their tactics are exactly the same and their maligning their "rivals" is exactly the same.

LG is not a rival. She is a marginally successful pop star. She isn't even one of the most successful females of the past decade. Get real. Madonna is just trolling her. Why would she be jealous of a faded, marginally successful pop star whose career in music died 8 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 196December 8, 2018 8:04 PM

R196, so 60 year old Madonna spends time on trolling some younger, not even successful or important pop star on social media? Is she that senile?

by Anonymousreply 197December 8, 2018 8:23 PM

r197 I guess when that star once again copies something she said. Does Lady Ugly have to copy everyone?

by Anonymousreply 198December 8, 2018 8:31 PM

R198, did Madonna invent and copyright that particular phrase?

by Anonymousreply 199December 8, 2018 8:34 PM

r199 Oh shit. You Trump of Pop lovers are insane. Enjoy the next few months. After it is over, no matter how many awards she wins, no one will care. Like always. Lady Try Hard is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 200December 8, 2018 8:37 PM

R200, but did Madonna invent that phrase though?

by Anonymousreply 201December 8, 2018 8:39 PM

R201 So Lady Ugly just magically said this after she spent her entire life studying every Madonna interview.

by Anonymousreply 202December 8, 2018 8:48 PM

Gags at the 2014 Academy Awards with Stevie Nicks, another artist Gags has stolen from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 8, 2018 8:56 PM

Lady steal steal is at it again.

by Anonymousreply 204December 8, 2018 9:00 PM

R202, so Madonna is the only person ever to say it?

by Anonymousreply 205December 8, 2018 9:13 PM

Will you queens get it right. Madonna never called her reductive just the song. If we get the facts wrong then they have ammunition on us.

by Anonymousreply 206December 8, 2018 9:21 PM

Lady CaCa is like Mystique from X-men. All she has to do is see it once to instantly become it.

by Anonymousreply 207December 8, 2018 9:22 PM

They are both puppets of the industry. The difference is that Madge did anything--and everything--to keep attention focused on her, and is a very, very tough woman. Lady G seems equally as hungry, but extremely fragile by comparison. Did any of you watch her documentary? She was crying throughout 80% of it. Half-catatonic in medical clinics. Popping pills. She is always fraught with illnesses and injuries. She wanted this level of fame and fortune, but was not prepared for it and what was expected of her. I have this feeling that these last few years--especially after her insane rise to fame and then her total plummet--have been extraordinarily rough on her and her family. I have read a few accounts claiming she is allegedly a shell of herself, on so much medication in order to deal with mental health issues.

Again, they are both vessels for what the men behind the machine want. One happens to have much tougher skin than the other. Oh, and has much better songs, even though she likely wrote none of them.

by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote]She is a marginally successful pop star.

Even the most jaded Lady Gaga haters shouldn’t (and wouldn’t) believe that utter fallacy, particularly after the banner few years she’s been having. Let’s see, since 2014, Gaga has:

Played the Kennedy Center Honors to acclaim where she honored Sting, even managing to make HIM well up while performing his song If I Ever Lose My Faith in You

Won critical raves for her performance at a Stevie Wonder tribute and for her Grammy performance with music lengend Tony Bennett

Performed at the Oscars two years back to back and received acclaim both times from various Hollywood and music legends, and was nominated for an Academy Award

Won a Golden Globe for her role on AHS, one of the hottest shows currently on TV

Won several Grammys for two of the albums she’s released since 2014

Released two albums and a soundtrack album in that time span, all of which are completely diverse works (Cheek To Cheek, Joanne, ASIB soundtrack) and all of which debuted at #1 and helped to make her the only female artist to have 5 #1 albums in this decade.

Performed twice at the SB, one in which she was the headliner

Released a well-received and award-winning documentary on Netflix

Sold out several tours including her upcoming world tour and an already sold-out upcoming Vegas residency

Starred in a mega-successful film (both critically and financially) with one of the hottest A-list actors in Hollywood, garnering critical acclaim for her role and talk of several possible Oscar nominations

Recently nominated for more Grammys for the ASIB soundtrack

Yeah, I can see why Madonna is mad.

by Anonymousreply 209December 8, 2018 9:34 PM

^and all that happened AFTER her meteoric rise to stardom, AFTER people had already written her off as a hasbeen.

by Anonymousreply 210December 8, 2018 9:36 PM

I forget: Is Gags another fake #ProudBisexual?

by Anonymousreply 211December 8, 2018 9:38 PM

r209 OMG are you for real? Bwhahahahhahahaa

Dear, she isn't popular. She can win "acclaim" all she wants. You guys LIVE for awards and acclaim but look at her sales compared to other pop divas. No one BOUGHT her albums and she had to cancel tours due to half empty arenas after giving away tickets.

All the above proves is she is the biggest attention seeking bitch around. Always showing up and playing on EVERYTHING she can yet it doesn't translate into success. All the "acclaim" in the world isn't changing that. She got very lucky with this movie because of Cooper and yet it isn't Bodyguard or Evita level.

But you monsters cling to "acclaim" all you want. It isn't making her competitive with her contemporaries. Btw- Beyonce's acclaim AND sales shit on Gaga. Ditto Taylor. Ditto 20 other females.

by Anonymousreply 212December 8, 2018 9:40 PM

All you trolls do is concern yourselves with sales, which is rich coming from a Madonna defender because currently, that old sea hag doesn’t even go bronze with her album sales. Only a hardened, bitter queen would look at the remarkable achievements Lady Gaga has accomplished in the past four years alone (never mind all she’s achieved since putting out her first record) and say that it’s a failure. But, then again, someone who thinks that Taylor “Vanilla White Girl Try-Hard” Swift is acclaimed clearly ain’t playing with a full deck.

by Anonymousreply 213December 8, 2018 9:52 PM

At least the Madge Stan has statistics when he posts them on the Janet Jackson threads.

Gags's Deplorable have to rely on a lot of "Highly regarded" and "Acclaimed" rather than actual facts.

by Anonymousreply 214December 8, 2018 10:01 PM

r213 Your hyperbole sounds like Trump. Bitch, acclaim means NOTHING. Who gives a fuck if Madonna doesn't sell another record. Bitch can't get any more successful. You monsters cling to acclaim but look at Taylor and Beyonce and how many Album of the Years they win, look at THEIR Grammy wins. It hurts that, despite all LG has done, no one gives a shit about her. She doesn't have star quality. At all.

by Anonymousreply 215December 8, 2018 10:03 PM

[quote]Someone brought up the boxoffice of Evita vs ASIB. You cannot compare as the market, as in world market, has grown substantially since 1996.

We can

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Evita $99,668,900t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 8, 2018 10:04 PM

Evita:

Budgett$55 million (equivalent to $85.96 million in 2017)

Box officet$141 million (equivalent to $220.37 million in 2017)

by Anonymousreply 217December 8, 2018 10:05 PM

A Star is Born (2018)

Domestic:t $195,278,597t 53.4%

+ Foreign:t $170,100,000t 46.6%

= Worldwide:t $365,378,597t

by Anonymousreply 218December 8, 2018 10:06 PM

LMAO r217 yeah, with so many markets opened up since. China, India and dozens of others. Again, WHO CARES. Evita generated so much more buzz and was an EVENT unlike this movie which was overshadowed by MICHAEL MYERS! LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 219December 8, 2018 10:07 PM

If Madonna had any self confidence she wouldn’t even mention Lady GaGa. But at 60 and washed up selling makeup, it’s the only way she can get headlines.

by Anonymousreply 220December 8, 2018 10:10 PM

r220 Again, who cares what she does now. Her legacy is cemented. I don't give a fuck if she sales one more record. She doesn't need defending because she has a career Lady Ugly could only dream of and will never achieve because she isn't even remotely popular compared to current stars. She has to campaign so hard for awards because nothing comes organically for her. She is the single most desperate person in entertainment. Nothing she does is organic. She has to hype the shit out of everything she does because otherwise, no one even notices. Even with her constant in your face antics, everyone is all ehhhh.

by Anonymousreply 221December 8, 2018 10:14 PM

But if GaGa is so inferior why does Madonna keep mentioning her? Because she is old, feeble and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 222December 8, 2018 10:19 PM

She doesn't keep mentioning her. Where are you getting that? LG saying what she did caused a stir before Madonna posted her saying it.

Madonna has said almost nothing but nice things about LG. The only thing was reductive and it was about the song, not her. She, OTOH, barely says anything nice because Madonna dared, after more than a year, mention reductive. LG lied on Tonight Show saying Madonna's people emailed her their approval of her using EY for BTW. LG is a phony and a fraud. For all the effort she puts out, LG just isn't catching on the with public.

by Anonymousreply 223December 8, 2018 10:28 PM

WTF are you talking about? ASIB is a huge hit and GaGa will win an Oscar. Madonna is trash and old news.

by Anonymousreply 224December 8, 2018 10:30 PM

Does anyone else thinks that Gaga's partner is a gay merkin? Gaga is out as bi but her relationships with men always seems so fake and her bfs I don't think any of them are straight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 8, 2018 10:33 PM

But but but she's got acclaim!!!! *snicker*

When people look back they will look at statistics. Lady Ugly will not be in the conversation. At all.

R224 Sweets, she will not win for acting. Yet I'm sure you all will cream yourselves over a song win which no one fucking cares about. The movie is a huge hit because of Cooper. If this was just a Lady Ugly movie, Like Evita was a Madonna movie, this shit would've tanked.

by Anonymousreply 226December 8, 2018 10:34 PM

Funny how Madgebot (who I think is formerly The Streep Troll, remember that insufferable bitch years ago?) talks shit about Lady Gaga's acclaim when in the Janet Jackson threads he's always reminding people about her Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, and how she got in the first year of her eligibility.

But now that there's talk about Lady Gaga being nominated for multiple Oscars, and possibly winning one, "acclaim" doesn't mean anything. We all know that Madonna would love nothing more than to be appreciated by Hollywood as a successful actress. All throughout the 80s she paid homage to legendary actresses of the Golden Age through her music videos, craving desperately to be included as one someday with Oscar nominations and critical acclaim.

It never happened. Lady Gaga has the respect from the music and film industry, something that Madonna never had. And it's killing her.

by Anonymousreply 227December 8, 2018 10:44 PM

Madonna actually has more successful movies than LG at this point in her career. Nice try.

Acclaim doesn't mean anything, for Madonna or LG. All that matters is sales. Period. No one will remember acclaim especially for someone as B list as LG.

by Anonymousreply 228December 8, 2018 10:47 PM

Madonna can't even hold a candle to Cher as an actor and, with one movie, GaGa has wiped the floor with M's entire film career.

I saw Madonna in [italic]Speed The Plow[/italic] on Broadway and her "acting" was pitiful. She never dared go back to live theater afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 229December 8, 2018 10:52 PM

r229 Oh you poor dears are fucking pressed as hell. You just know this jig is up soon.

The thing you all and she wants is to have a great music career. She has zero future in movies and you all know it. After this, good luck with the next movie because it ain't happening. She will show what a weak actress she is. She played herself in this movie. End of.

Her music career is pathetic. She had a few years then better, more popular females took over. And she is already fucking with her face with plastic surgery. Which means she will have to keep it up, escalate it and she will be botched by 40. End of the day, she just doesn't have what it takes to be a true star.

by Anonymousreply 230December 8, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote] She played herself in this movie.

like Clooney playing himself in every movie

by Anonymousreply 231December 8, 2018 11:00 PM

Gags with her parade of homosexual men pretending to be attracted to her.

As her idol Trump would Tweet: Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 8, 2018 11:00 PM

Trump of Pop is PERFECT!

If you read anything about her or read her little monsters (how awful that name is) and pretend Trump said it or one of his deplorables said it it is totally spot on.

by Anonymousreply 233December 8, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote]Madonna had any self confidence she wouldn’t even mention Lady GaGa. But at 60 and washed up selling makeup, it’s the only way she can get headlines.

This literally made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 234December 8, 2018 11:10 PM

It must be rather tiresome trying to defend a 60 year old former pop star who now sells skin cream against a meteoric, immensely-talented and lauded current pop juggernaut. I don’t envy the Madbot.

by Anonymousreply 235December 8, 2018 11:12 PM

Madonna is not straight either I mean she was married to homosexual actor Penn and homosexual director Guy Ritchie lol

by Anonymousreply 236December 8, 2018 11:19 PM

R235 Yep, sounds like something a deplorable would say. Insert Hillary for Madge and bingo.

by Anonymousreply 237December 8, 2018 11:19 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 8, 2018 11:26 PM

I'm not a lesbian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 8, 2018 11:28 PM

Yes, I would rather stan for Madonna than Gaga looking at their careers. If I had to stan for anyone. But that is stupid. That said, stanning for Madonna would be much more satisfying with her sales and success and all. Stanning for Gaga would be crushing with the failures and music career flame out.

Stop stanning. That is insecure people territory.

by Anonymousreply 240December 8, 2018 11:31 PM

[quote]Yes, I would rather stan for Madonna than Gaga looking at their careers.

You'd rather stan a sociopathic woman who's in an anti-gay cult that preys on cancer victims. Go right ahead.

by Anonymousreply 241December 9, 2018 12:46 AM

Pervdonna the pedophile should be locked up. She was throwing the parties for Harvey Winstein, her BFF for 30 years who financed all her films (including box office bomb "W.E.) and writing about fucking underage boys and rubbing her little underage gash on the toilet backwards in her Sex book. She is one sick fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 9, 2018 12:49 AM

Then there were the photos of her getting raped at knifepoint dressed as a school girl by lesbians in her Sex book, having a romp with a dog...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 9, 2018 12:50 AM

Taking a shit in a pan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 9, 2018 12:50 AM

Her pedophilia photo shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 9, 2018 12:51 AM

This crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 9, 2018 12:51 AM

Madonna is all sorts of fucked up in the head. Let's not forget her laughing at the news that her makeup artist had been raped and her wondering what the negative publicity would mean for her tour.

by Anonymousreply 247December 9, 2018 12:52 AM

How many times are we going to post those photos already.

by Anonymousreply 248December 9, 2018 1:04 AM

Evita being a worldwide event movie is somewhat suspect. According to box office mojo site it ranked #32 for 1996. Currently ASIB ranks at #13 for the year. Now there may be some blockbuster releases around Christmas but doubtful there would be 19 of them. ASIB soundtrack has hit #1 in US, UK and Australia. You can hate Gaga all you want but ASIB is clearly a runaway hit.

by Anonymousreply 249December 9, 2018 2:00 AM

Madonna and Gaga are one in the same

by Anonymousreply 250December 9, 2018 2:58 AM

^Not really

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 9, 2018 3:14 AM

A soundtrack hits #1 in 3 countries is a hit?

How much did Evita soundtrack sell vs Lady Botox?

by Anonymousreply 252December 9, 2018 5:50 AM

Madonna’s face looks like a science experiment gone wrong. Don’t even.

by Anonymousreply 253December 9, 2018 6:18 AM

To be fair, her quote is far cleverer than Gaga's.

by Anonymousreply 254December 9, 2018 6:20 AM

Um, miss, A Star is Born went to #1 on 18 seperate charts. It was top 5 in most other countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 9, 2018 6:22 AM

r253 And what is Lady Ugly's excuse? She is mid-30's and is botoxing and filling her face like crazy. Still ugly. Don't even, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 256December 9, 2018 6:23 AM

According to wiki, the Evita soundtrack peaked at #2 on the charts, finished #26 for the year, and sold about 11 million copies worldwide in the first decade since its release.

by Anonymousreply 257December 9, 2018 6:23 AM

r255 Still won't sell a fourth of what Evita soundtrack sold. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 258December 9, 2018 6:23 AM

Okay, Hagdonna.

by Anonymousreply 259December 9, 2018 6:24 AM

r259 The hag is the one who is in her 30's and botoxing it up. Sorry your queen is ugly and unpopular.

by Anonymousreply 260December 9, 2018 6:26 AM

Maybe Madonna really should take another year off and not say anything more stupid, and come back with a small camp role in a Ryan Murphy-style project. She's always done well in those supporting roles (like a League of their Own and Desperately Seeking Susan). It could get people talking about her for better reasons than they do now, and maybe create some goodwill towards new music.

by Anonymousreply 261December 9, 2018 6:26 AM

R249 This is a bit of a crap comparison, because A Star is Born came out in October, two months earlier than Evita. Evita was released on December 25 (in limited release!) and *still* ranked #32 for 1996. Box Office Mojo goes on to rank Evita #38 among 1997 wide releases.

I think it's fair to say both movies were decent-sized hits and popular among fans of each artist, in totally different eras.

by Anonymousreply 262December 9, 2018 6:41 AM

She needs to stop this desperate behaviour it's tarnishing her legacy.She has nothing to prove to anybody about her place in pop culture and it's sad she can't enjoy her millions and let a new generation of stars build their careers.

by Anonymousreply 263December 9, 2018 6:45 AM

It’s interesting to me that Madonna promoted Katy Perry and basically birthed her into the world of pop culture by publicly lauding “You’re So Gay.” Perry is something like Madonna...raised in a conservative religious environment, kind of a singer, mostly spectacle. Madonna also supported Britney Spears.

It seems like Madonna does support young pop stars, just not talented young musicians.

by Anonymousreply 264December 9, 2018 9:16 AM

I remember when Evita came out. I was 18. The movie been hyped for over a year, with tons of pre-release publicity about Madonna’s transformation, how Madonna was born to play Eva Peron, how Madonna campaigned for the role and spent so much time working with vocal coaches. Some fashion magazine (which were relevant back then, before the Internet was everything) even published an entire issue of photos from the Evita set.

And there was a whole separate pop-news track about Madonna being pregnant on the set of Evita, and she used the whole situation to rebrand as a sort of high-society debutante, wrapping up her Madonna-whore image and acquiring her faux-English accent.

There was a lot of public anticipation generated by the movie and all the press leading up to it.

A Star is Born just sort of came out of nowhere, with no fanfare.

And while Madonna’s kindest reviews for Evita said she sang competently but without any of the power of Patti Lupone and that she looked good in the movie, the criticisms I’ve read of Gaga’s performance say she is a very talented actor and gave her credit for not being vain in the role. I haven’t seen A Star is Born, but I have read some reviews. The NYT ranked all four versions of the movie and said the new one is the superior one, mostly because of Lady Gaga’s star power.

Is they have to be compared, then I’d say:

Madonna: Came first, and so she gets credit for breaking glass ceilings; credit for sales; credit for ambition; credit for spanning genres

Gaga: Better songwriter; better singer; better actor; so far I give her credit, as well, for having more class and true confidence and not having to demean herself by belittling others.

by Anonymousreply 265December 9, 2018 9:28 AM

[quote]I think it's fair to say both movies were decent-sized hits and popular among fans of each artist, in totally different eras.

Evita was nowhere the hit A Starvis Born is. Next.

by Anonymousreply 266December 9, 2018 9:35 AM

Madonna was washed up for the majority of the 90s. She rebounded in the 2000s by moving to Britain where they worship horrible music and worship old acts. That’s where she got her second act. She has always used people. She has no talent, no brains. This is the same idiot that was willing to duet with Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus. There’s no limit to what she’ll do for a quick buck.

by Anonymousreply 267December 9, 2018 9:37 AM

R267 My favorite Madonna music era was the 90s when she worked with Babyface. I think that her music—up through “Music” and including “Confessions on a Dancefloor” after it—was consistently good pop music throughout her pre-self-mutilation career. From Borderline to Take a Bow to Frozen to Hung Up and in between, all iconic pop music. Her acting career just was never very good, and her public persona always has ranged from off putting to revolting.

The offense I take to her attacking others for being ‘reductive’ is that Madonna’s career has been based by and large on reducing others’ creations to a marketable part of her persona. I never cared that she appropriated Marilyn Monroe’s look and Marlene Dietrich’s look, or voguing from drag culture, or s&m gear or cowboy outfits for Music. She made headlines for performing neutered s&m. She made headlines for grabbing her crotch the way Michael Jackson, an original, did. All of it was said to be in the name of women’s empowerment, which is great, but all of it was her imitating others and calling it new because she is a woman who wanted to empower women—and so it’s quite ironic when a woman follows her down that path and she attacks the woman for imitating her. It’s like a counterfeit painting looking down on a painting based on the counterfeit (which in some ways may be more of an artistic statement).

I did care when I found out the stole the music for “Frozen”—that’s straight up theft, not just being “reductive.”

But for her to pretend that she is an original in all ways is offensive because her entire career is an amalgamation of her predecessors’ styles, her contemporary artists’ self-expression that she turned into cash for herself, and music written and played by people who are not her. Madonna the pop star is a reduction and concentration of US pop culture. It’s hypocritical of her to condemn others for it. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII were both gay and in lavender marriage. Madge is a closet case herself and loves fake relationships like closeted Sofia Coppola and her obsession with Lesbian Marie Antoinette.

[quote]King Edward VIII abdicated the throne and married American divorcee Wallis Simpson because both were gay and "the whole myth of the great royal romance was a fabrication, a giant cover-up".

[quote]Essentially, he was gay and she was a dyke, Bowers writes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 9, 2018 10:19 AM

Gaga is sooooo original!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 9, 2018 10:22 AM

Michael Jackson was the ultimate thief

by Anonymousreply 271December 9, 2018 10:23 AM

Shakespeare and all his contemporaries were thiefs. Appropriating others’ stories was the norm at one time, and there were no copyright laws. For the individual artistic ego, that was a terrible thing—but for art, it can be great. If Shakepeare had stolen ideas and produced something inferior, then his plays never would have done well. His art in many cases was turning poor to good source material into sublime art. That can’t be done now because of copyright laws.

Many, from Picasso to T.S. Eliot, have been credited with saying, “A good artist borrows; a great artist steals.” Most art students are taught this quote while simultaneously being taught not to infringe on others’ copyrights.

by Anonymousreply 272December 9, 2018 10:29 AM

"Rain (Radio Remix)" is on the March 1994 Gap In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Concerning stealing/not stealing, I always thought that Madonna's 1989 hit "Cherish" (which is on the February 2000 Gap In-Store Playlist) sounded suspiciously very much like Naked Eyes' cover of "Always Something There To Remind Me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 9, 2018 11:57 AM

R274 Is that a joke? The only similarities I hear between “Cherish” and “Always Something...” is a vaguely similar 80s pop synth sound.

by Anonymousreply 275December 9, 2018 12:25 PM

Some weird people here seem to pretend that film "Evita" was anywhere popular only because of Madonna in it. In reality Evita was a big hit Musical by very successful Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. It started as rock opera concept album and was a success. Single Don't Cry For Me Argentina reached number-one on the UK Singles Chart. Then musical premiered on West End. Then it opened on Broadway and was a smash hit and won 7 Tony Awards. By the time movie version was made in 1996 the musical was already considered a classic.

by Anonymousreply 276December 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Kind of like 'A Star Is Born' was already considered a classic long before 2018?

by Anonymousreply 277December 9, 2018 1:00 PM

R277, but the music in A Star Is Born 2018 is new one, written specifically for that version. Not already established famous music like in Evita where Madonna was singing already famous tunes by Webber.

by Anonymousreply 278December 9, 2018 1:06 PM

Anothet obvious Madonna rip-off situation was “Papa Don’t Preach”, which has the same cadence and hook as Star Search winner Sam Harris’s earlier hit “Sugar Don’t Bite”. I’m surprised he didn’t sue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 9, 2018 1:14 PM

R279 That is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 280December 9, 2018 1:18 PM

I liked Evita. I love A Star is Born. The music is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 281December 9, 2018 1:21 PM

I like the Evita soundtrack. The movie isn’t very good. Its production values are great, but Madonna is a singing mannequin. I never saw the stage play, and I know someone who hated the Madonna movie because he said she sucked the life out of the character and that the soundtrack was changed to adapt to her limited range, to the detriment of the project. I think her voice is really lovely on the soundtrack and I only know her version of Evita, which apparently is softer, and I like it. But the movie is hard to watch because the performances are so awkward IMO.

I’m not saying that in defense of Lady Gaga. I haven’t seen her movie yet.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2018 1:25 PM

Trump Of Pop Stan at R282 pretending to be "objective."

by Anonymousreply 283December 9, 2018 1:27 PM

Trump of Pop Stan?

I don’t even understand what you’re trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 284December 9, 2018 1:36 PM

I only speak English, Svetlana at R282 / R284.

by Anonymousreply 285December 9, 2018 1:39 PM

[quote]If there are 100 people in a room . . . . . . . . .

That expression was around forever. Madonna wasn't the first person to ever say some variation of it.

by Anonymousreply 286December 9, 2018 1:44 PM

R285 “Trump of Pop Stan” is English? Better check your Russian-English dictionary again.

by Anonymousreply 287December 9, 2018 1:46 PM

Make Madonna Great Again!

by Anonymousreply 288December 9, 2018 2:07 PM

Read the thread, Svetlana at R287. Your icon Gags has been rebranded as the Trump of Pop.

As her boss DJT would Tweet: #Sad.

by Anonymousreply 289December 9, 2018 2:08 PM

R289 How old are you? I seriously feel like I am trying to communicate with a 14 year-old incel. Can we have a normal adult conversation without you thinking you’re zapping me with takedowns that are actually just adolescent insults?

by Anonymousreply 290December 9, 2018 2:18 PM

No one cares about the lonely 60 year old skank with six children. Give it up Madonna-bot

by Anonymousreply 291December 9, 2018 4:23 PM

BoxOfficeMojo lists Evita as having earned $141,047,179tworldwide. Adjusted for inflation that's $280, 865,189 today. A Star is Born is listed as having earned $365,378,597 worldwide so far. Gaga's movie has outperformed Evita but by no means was Evita a failure.

Also, Star is playing to 3,900 theatres and Evita only ever reached 1,045 theatres. I'm not sure why that would be. In 1996 were musicals so out of fashion that theatres didn't pick the film up, didn't want to take a risk on it?

The Evita soundtrack has sold over 10 million units compared to A Star is Born which is currently in the 200k-400k area despite debuting at #1. However, this is a different era for the music industry and nobody really sells 10 million units of anything anymore.

Finally A Star is Born didn't come out of nowhere, people knew it was being made in 2017, it has been hyped for what feels like years. The movie was even pushed back twice to get it released closer to awards season and build Gaga up.

by Anonymousreply 292December 9, 2018 4:30 PM

Cher speaks the truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 9, 2018 5:12 PM

R292, Evita wasn't a failure per se of course, but if Madonna hoped to gain Oscar nomination for it and open the path to serious movie career then yep, this failed.

by Anonymousreply 294December 9, 2018 5:16 PM

I think Madonna expected to be lauded for her performance because of all the preparation she put into it. She very capably developed her vocal prowess, and there was a lot of press about how she was “born to play Evita.” Unfortunately for her, she seemed wooden as usual and the reviews mostly said so.

I think she’s an actress like the Joan Craqford depicted in “Feud: Bette and Joan.” She is just too vain and self-aware and unwilling to be seen as a flawed human being to turn in a convincing performance. She is a great performer in her own way, but she’s type triple A and everything has to be choreographed and rehearsed to death.

by Anonymousreply 295December 9, 2018 5:20 PM

Can we all agree Cher is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 296December 9, 2018 5:30 PM

R296, absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 297December 9, 2018 5:45 PM

Cher is amazing. She is kooky but she has an impressively objective sense of self and her career. She says she is creative and original (true) and that Madonna is similar (true) but more creative and better at what she does (true), but not beautiful (that’s unnecessarily mean IMO, but...) and not a very talented singer (true), and just plain mean (true). All true. Cher has said she doesn’t like Cher music, which is also pretty fucking amazing.

And then there was the time she called into CSPAN anonymously and said she had visited a VA hospital and could not believe how poorly the veterans were treated. The host recognized her voice but she did not want to talk about being Cher. She wanted to talk about the need to take care of injured veterans.

by Anonymousreply 298December 9, 2018 5:50 PM

Cher, Meryl Streep, Michelle Obama, these are all women I admire.

Madonna is a mean girl and still full of insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 299December 9, 2018 5:56 PM

I agree, R298 AND R299. I actually don't really like her music, I just like her.

by Anonymousreply 300December 9, 2018 5:58 PM

Madonna is on her way out the door. She’s about to become a legal senior citizen. In ten years she’ll be 70. She could drop dead before you know it. She has bad genetics. Cancer runs in her family. She is poisoning her body on a daily basis with fillers and all sorts if treatments, including HGH. That Kabbalah water she drinks was shown to be tainted. She won’t be with us much longer.

by Anonymousreply 301December 9, 2018 6:01 PM

She’ll probably drop dead from a bad face lift on the operating table.

by Anonymousreply 302December 9, 2018 6:02 PM

R301 What are you talking about? Nothing says “healthy as fuck” like Madonna’s ageless, fatless arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 9, 2018 6:06 PM

Oh you poor, enraged Lady Ugly fans. You have hitched your wagon to a person who has seen frustration after frustration.

You can call Madonna untalented or can't sing. Shit that the press has said for years. First off, no one cares. People can make up their own minds and have concluded she is talented and can sing. She carried the movie Evita with her voice which was (as you monsters love to taut) heavily praised as was her performance. Second, downing her talent will NOT make Lady Ugly popular or make people buy her tickets or albums.

Again, most of you just make shit up just like Trump and the deplorables. Every thing out of your mouth is exactly how they would say it.

It was great stanning Madonna. Success after success after success after success. She had so many highs in her career. It must SUCK stanning for someone who flamed out after 2 years and now looks old and is botoxed and filled after preaching to love yourself as you are.

by Anonymousreply 304December 9, 2018 7:21 PM

^^^tout

by Anonymousreply 305December 9, 2018 7:23 PM

“Lady Ugly,” R304? I can only guess you’re 12 years old, or else you’re Madonna herself.

by Anonymousreply 306December 9, 2018 7:26 PM

R306, if Madonna started posting on DL she must have gone full retarded. Someone get her away from Internet.

by Anonymousreply 307December 9, 2018 7:28 PM

r306 Oh yes I'm Madonna herself. huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Gags is ugly. Fucking ugly. I could dig up horrendous pics of that bitch like you guys do Madonna but I don't because Gags just is fucking ugly and everyone knows it.

You shits can't stand this success for gags is fleeting and she will have to attach herself to yet another popular person to have any future success just like she had to have Mark Ronson write the song for the movie. She can't do ANYTHING on her own now because it flops. She has no star quality and is a shitty songwriter, pedestrian piano player and has a decent but unremarkable voice.

by Anonymousreply 308December 9, 2018 7:30 PM

Gagy is the Trump of Pop! Such a perfect description. She's such a non-event. This movie would have bombed without Bradley Cooper. She's playing herself. What a stretch!

by Anonymousreply 309December 9, 2018 7:35 PM

Madonna's risked a lot in her career and largely succeeded. She's a daring trailblazer who was unafraid to look foolish at times. I enjoy her sarcastic edge, something that Gaga totally lacks (which is fine... they're different people, despite the media narrative). Gaga is a star for the new, hyper-sensitive generation. But what matters most is the music. I just find songs like "Open Your Heart" and "Holiday" and "Borderline" etc. etc. to be better than 99% of Gaga material. They're time-tested pop classics for me.

I think it would have been difficult in 2008 to be Madonna though. She was turning 50, had just had really terrible plastic surgery, her marriage was on the rocks, and she was being shuffled off into the old-folks home that is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Meanwhile, Gaga emerges and is hailed as "the new Madonna," when the old Madonna is still around, and now beginning to feel the sting of ageism. Gaga benefitted from all the doors Madonna kicked down, and got the type of industry respect that Madge worked hard for 15 years to achieve. For someone as thin-skinned as Madonna I can understand the burn.

by Anonymousreply 310December 9, 2018 7:58 PM

I mean if Gaga were really the new Madonna, she would have had half the world bashing her as a no-talent slut from the beginning, not the massive industry support she got instead.

by Anonymousreply 311December 9, 2018 8:00 PM

R310 Prince never got Grammy love either. And he was a genius on another level.

Madonna had critical support. LAP was hailed as as close to art as pop gets and is always among the Best albums of all time. Her albums have almost all been critically acclaimed and sold bucket loads.

Madonna still had the most successful tour in 2008 of all time by a female. She had a top 3 hit that year as well.

Gaga's generation is all hype. She had a media machine behind her (payola) who are always looking for the "new Madonna". Gaga didn't work out because her career in music just wasn't Madonna level in quality or success.

If I had to stan, as I said before, I would have been so happy stanning for Madonna. Her career is once in a lifetime. The hysteria she caused is rare. Stanning for Gaga has to be the most frustrating thing. Her stans know 90% of the glowing press she gets is paid for. It is embarrassing.

Stanning is stupid, though.

by Anonymousreply 312December 9, 2018 8:11 PM

R310, if Madonna at the age of 50 was upset that some young pop singer got some respect from the industry it's kinda lame cause it shows how insecure she is.

by Anonymousreply 313December 9, 2018 8:16 PM

R310 Gaga got a million-dollar record deal because of her songwriting and singing talent, and then the label dumped her, they told her, because she was too ugly to market as a pop star. That’s a very different starting point than being called a no-talent slut.

by Anonymousreply 314December 9, 2018 8:16 PM

I'm officially in love with unhinged Madonna stan. You're amazing! Keep at it.

by Anonymousreply 315December 9, 2018 8:17 PM

R315, he is probably very stoned also.

by Anonymousreply 316December 9, 2018 8:18 PM

r313 You do realize plenty of young pop stars have always gotten attention. Madonna embraced them including Lady Ugly whom she said nothing but nice things about for years before reductive and that was because Lady Ugly LIED about it.

Madonna has embraced Britney, Christina, Adele, Katy, Miley, Taylor, Beyonce, Ariana and the list goes on. Her legacy is cemented. She doesn't need to have any more success. Lady Ugly? She can't measure up to in any way to those pop starlets. Taylor is doing a musical next year. Watch that shit generate real, organic buzz. Watch. Watch her get nominations out the ass and WIN.

by Anonymousreply 317December 9, 2018 8:19 PM

I do believe she could be that insecure though R313. And always has been. Let's all remember that recently discussed, early 90's letter detailing her catty thoughts on Whitney Houston and Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 318December 9, 2018 8:20 PM

Most of on here like Madonna. We grew up with her music. It doesn't mean we don't like Gaga. Both can exist.

by Anonymousreply 319December 9, 2018 8:21 PM

Gags can't write songs. Her songwriting is shitty. Look at the dreck she has produced. As soon as Redone left, the quality (what there was of it) plummeted. She had to add a word to the Diane Warren song and Mark Ronson wrote the new song. She, again, added a word to get credit. She can't do anything on her own. There is nothing unique about her voice at all. Nothing. It isn't distinctive and again, the general public just doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 320December 9, 2018 8:22 PM

Tori Amos has said she has affection for Britney Spears (for unknown reasons...presumably because she has been chewed up by the industry), but she initially dismissed Gaga as “a meteor.”

“She’s what I call a meteor — singers who entertain people for a while. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with that.

“But then there are people like Neil Young who show up at Glastonbury 40 years into their career. And that’s a very different kind of artist.

“Neil Young doesn’t have to get his bum out on stage!

“The question is, will Lady Gaga be playing alongside Neil Young at Glastonbury in twenty years’ time?

“She wants to entertain people. Right now, half the world is depressed and they need to be entertained. So her timing’s perfect.”

More recently, she has said admitted that she was wrong and underestimated the depth and breadth of her talent.

AND consummate musician Tori also has complimented Madonna:

“Madonna is an entertainer. There are very few people who could’ve gotten up off that floor. It wasn’t because of her that she fell, but it was because of her that the performance carried on. Some of the vilification comes from women as much as men. She’s making choices and she’s able to do things physically that a lot of people 25 years younger can’t; she got up and refused to allow that to shame her.. It makes me sad that we can’t embrace Madonna and say, Wow, this is an artist who’s expressing herself in a certain way.”

Why can’t everyone just be gracious like this?

by Anonymousreply 321December 9, 2018 8:24 PM

r319 Of course they can. It's just the Trump of Pop fans gaslight this place with tons of over the top nonsense about the Trump of Pop. They feel this is a safe place for them to bash. But the hyperbole is so laughable. It really is like Trump.

I love it that they feel Madonna is washed up YET Madonna is always their target. They think they will change peoples minds if they bash Madonna's talent as if everyone hasn't already made up their minds. It will never change the fact their Trump Of Pop is not and will never be popular.

by Anonymousreply 322December 9, 2018 8:27 PM

Tori loves Madonna. She said Live To Tell inspired her after being raped. She always performs Madonna songs

by Anonymousreply 323December 9, 2018 8:30 PM

R318, wait why did she dislike Sharon Stone? Stone was an actress not a singer. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 324December 9, 2018 8:34 PM

R324, Sharon's role in basic instinct was her being Madonna. Camille paglia said something like "Sharon Stone does Madonna better than Madonna does herself" or something like that. She was bitter at Whitney because Whitney was always seen as an MOR (middle of the road) performer. And Whitney also said that if her kids ended up like Madonna, she would drown them.

by Anonymousreply 325December 9, 2018 8:37 PM

r324 who cares. Gagy is one of the most insecure bitches in the business. She can't go 2 seconds without getting her ugly mug out on some show because she knows she is forgotten once she does. Madonna doesn't do that. Never has. Gagy cries all the time because she and her fans are perpetual victims. Always the victims. Weak.

They are ALL insecure. All stars are insecure.

by Anonymousreply 326December 9, 2018 8:38 PM

r325 Oh hell naw. Don't bring Whitney into this. Whitney is on video praising and defending Madonna numerous times. They respected each other so fuck off you gaga nut.

by Anonymousreply 327December 9, 2018 8:39 PM

R327, I'm a Madonna fan. You're right, they did praise each other but the early 90s was when Madonna really fucked up with Erotica, Body of Evidence and The Sex Book. Even people who were fans felt she went too fan. But apparently, in the mid 90s, Madonna had a stalker and Whitney buried the hatchet with her and she did defend her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 9, 2018 8:42 PM

"Sharon's role in basic instinct was her being Madonna. "

If she really disliked Stone for this and what someone said about Stone channeling Madonna it's pretty stupid actually.

by Anonymousreply 329December 9, 2018 8:43 PM

I liked Gaga for about 2 years. I also never found her ugly! I guess she has body dysmorphia. After 2 years or so, her 1 or 2 year of DAILY FUCKING PAP STOLLING turned me off. She's not a Kardashian. Why was she so thirsty and desperate. After about 3 years, her complete phoniness seemed too distracting to really like much that was left. And that was all years ago. Also, I'm not a fan of many belters and she belts.

by Anonymousreply 330December 9, 2018 8:48 PM

R329 She basically called Sharon and Whitney middle-of-the-road talents that were being rewarded for their mediocrity, whereas she was being punished for her more original Sex/Erotica output. Just paraphrasing here.

by Anonymousreply 331December 9, 2018 8:49 PM

I think it was Madonna felt attacked and was lashing out. It was her own fault she did go too far but then again, who would ever have the guts to do what she did? gaga tried it with her pancake tits in the Terry photoshoot. All tied up showing her unwashed asshole.

by Anonymousreply 332December 9, 2018 8:49 PM

R332, I agree, I think she was in a really bad place and she pretty much admits to being suicidal in that letter. Her "friend" who released that letter is a piece of shit.

R330, Lady Gaga's music career is similar to Cyndi Lauper's. She was a meteor too. Remember when Lauper was supposed to be remembered while Madonna was supposed to be forgotten (per Billboard magazine)?

by Anonymousreply 333December 9, 2018 8:51 PM

She never called Whitney middle of the road talent. Middle of the road in her image. Sharon went really nasty but got praise. I think that was where Madonna was coming from. She had a point but she brought it on herself.

by Anonymousreply 334December 9, 2018 8:51 PM

R331, yikes, in what world Whitney is mediocre. And while Stone is not some really grand actress she is still a better actress than Madonna has been on screen. Madonna is really mean unpleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 335December 9, 2018 8:57 PM

I think Gaga is talented and incredibly creative. If we have to compare them, then I say Gaga is leaps and bounds more creative than Madonna is—Madonna has approptiated her whole career and Gaga has created some truly original stuff. But Gaga is more avant garde, and Madonna is more commercial-pop oriented. Madonna has made better music for a longer time. I loved Just Dance, Paparazzi, Alejandro, etc., but Gaga had to do her country music thing and her art-pop thing and just kind of went out of my orbit musicwise. I don’t blame her for it as a creative person, but she strayed out of my world for sure. Madonna has pushed boundaries without ever totally leaving her territory.

by Anonymousreply 336December 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Whitney’s music in its time was delightful, and her voice is beyond almost anyone’s. But IMO, her music overall doesn’t have the staying power that Madonna’s does. She did some phenomenal records that will always live, but Madonna’s catalog is bigger and spanned a greater-length career.

by Anonymousreply 337December 9, 2018 9:01 PM

r336 Oh my sides. OMG. Bwhahahahahahahahaha

Sure, Jan!

Instead of anonymous you should have signed that DJT!

by Anonymousreply 338December 9, 2018 9:01 PM

R336, the more "creative" Gaga's music attempts to be, the less successful it is. I think Madonna was much more creative than her. Madonna turned Like a Virgin into a dance-pop tune when it was supposed to be some kind of shitty overblown ballad (just look at who wrote the song). Gaga tries wayyyy to hard. The fact that she has said that quote about being the one person in the room one million times just goes to show how inauthentic she is. Gaga was at her best between 2009 and 2011 and that's when she was popular.

by Anonymousreply 339December 9, 2018 9:11 PM

Whtiney had an incredible voice and the occasional good tune but until I Will Always Love you, most of her music was bland, overblown, sappy ballads. Compare the music she was singing to the stuff Aretha was doing and there's just no comparison. This is probably what Madonna was referring to when she called her mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 340December 9, 2018 9:13 PM

She was an attention whore but undeniably creative at her zenith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 9, 2018 9:15 PM

Sorry, but I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 9, 2018 9:16 PM

I miss wacky Gaga who made fun music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2018 9:17 PM

r341 Yea a birds nest over her face is creative. That was all Lady Starlight. gaga is just Halloween 24/7/365. Even when she tried to change, we moved on.

by Anonymousreply 344December 9, 2018 9:17 PM

Everyone got sick of her because of overexposure and try-too-hard-ism.

by Anonymousreply 345December 9, 2018 9:18 PM

My favorite. I will stop now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 9, 2018 9:18 PM

I remember vividly that before The Bodyguard a lot of people wrote Whitney off as boring and bland, someone who wasted her remarkable voice on material beneath her talent. Compared to Anita Baker's music, a peer of Whitney's, her music was considered soulless and bubblegum.

Madonna, like many insecure Leos, was lashing out at the time at singers and actresses who were more successful because all of her pushing-the-envelope tactics in the 90s backfired, and her music and public image suffered because of it.

by Anonymousreply 347December 9, 2018 9:19 PM

R345 I think people got sick of her because Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry started dressing in outlandish costumes like Gaga’s and suddenly she wasn’t so unique any longer. But she always did it best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 9, 2018 9:21 PM

I'm amazed that all these people are bashing Madonna for being a thief and whatever when early Lady Gaga was basically a mishmash of Grace Jones and Madonna. Her entire image was Grace Jones and even Jones called her out on it and said she wished she would stop copying her! All those crazy outfits she wore became pretentious in the Born This Way era, when she didn't know how to quit.

R347, that's exactly it. I think The Bodyguard, particularly I will Always Love You and I'm Every Woman, proved Whitney did have an edge to her. In fact, the chick from the band Deee Lite claimed that Whitney wanted to do more dance music in the style of I'm Every Woman but her label wouldn't let her.

by Anonymousreply 349December 9, 2018 9:22 PM

R348 And they had better music and were more appealing. gaga was fun for the gimmick but her music is not good. Katy overshadowed gaga in every way as did Adele. Compared to them, gaga is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 350December 9, 2018 9:23 PM

"Madonna, like many insecure Leos, was lashing out at the time at singers and actresses who were more successful "

But that's pathetic. I mean there always can be people who will be better at something than you. That's life.

by Anonymousreply 351December 9, 2018 9:25 PM

Yeah, I’m sorry, but while I am impressed by Madonna’s work ethic, I don’t admire her. She strikes me as a Trump-type personality. She doesn’t want to be a star. He doesn’t want to be rich. She wants to be THE star, and he wants to control EVERYTHING. They are both driven by insatiable narcissism. It’s about attention and attainment for them both. There is no room on their pedestals for anyone else. It’s pathological.

by Anonymousreply 352December 9, 2018 9:28 PM

Bjork was better than all of them, then she married that cunty pretentious artist and they both imploded.

by Anonymousreply 353December 9, 2018 9:31 PM

R351, what I find interesting is that she doesn't mention Janet Jackson in the letter instead of Houston, who was considered her biggest rival. If anyone ran with her sexed up image, it was Janet and it was she who took it further into the early/mid 00s while Madonna was desexualizing herself. It was Janet who accused Madonna's Erotica of being low class unlike her music. Apparently Janet singing "boom boom boom until noon noon noon" is so much classier than Erotica? I laugh, even though I like Janet. better than Erotica (and I usually like Madonna more).

Gaga's career from 2009-2011 was what Madonna's career was from 1985-1991. After that, she struggled until this year with The Star is Born movie.

by Anonymousreply 354December 9, 2018 9:31 PM

[quote] But that's pathetic. I mean there always can be people who will be better at something than you. That's life.

I can understand why she felt that way, though. Madonna was doing things--in Reaganite 80s, no less--that was groundbreaking and radical at the time, especially for a Pop artist. But instead of being praised for her innovations, she was trashed and ridiculed, because puritanical America failed to understand what she was doing in her music and videos.

Then when there's other pop stars who played it safe and achieved huge commercial success and acclaim, refusing to challenge America's hypocritical conservatism, then I can understand why Madonna felt pissed off about that. Madonna reshaped pop music to so women could be strong, thought-provoking, and sexy, and she gets trashed for her innovations.

by Anonymousreply 355December 9, 2018 9:32 PM

But R355 anyone who really pushes the envelope and takes unconventional risks honestly should expect not to be understood and receive constant accolades. You understand that she was pissed off for not being constantly “praised for her inmovations.” Her innovations included appropriating voguing from an underground culture and profiting from its edginess. Her innovations involved appropriating kabbalah and profiting from its edginess. Lots of her ‘innovations’ were discovering others’ innovations. And her expectation was that she would take, for example, an obscure performance art from homeless drag queens, package it in brand name fashions and be praised for it. Over and over and over. When she did Ray of Light, electronic music was underground—so she found an innovative producer, leased his talents, and got praise for *her* innovations. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 356December 9, 2018 9:39 PM

R356, so what? When she did voguing or electronica, she never even pretended to claim she invented those things. The fact that she had an ear and a knack for turning underground things mainstream without making them too polished (but still polished), is a talent in itself. Remember when Lady Gaga did a cover of Chic's I need your love? Wasn't that supposed to bring disco back? Remember how it failed? Not everyone has the ability to turn something underground and make it popular.

by Anonymousreply 357December 9, 2018 9:43 PM

R357 So most of this thread has been accusations that Lady Gaga is derivative of Madonna, with little acknowledgment that most of what Madonna has done has been derivative of other, lesser-known or unknown artists. It’s a point worth making that Madonna apologists don’t seem to want to acknowledge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 9, 2018 9:45 PM

R358 ridiculous. ALL Madonna fans know how she operates. In fact we kind of were mesmerized by it back in the 80's and 90's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 9, 2018 9:48 PM

It's really wild how Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar and Olivia Newton-John were the top female pop rock stars from 1980 to 1983. But all three took the majority of 1984 off, whether recording or having a baby, which let Tina Turner, Cyndi Lauper and Madonna jump to the front of the line that year.

Pat returned in Fall 1984 with one hit single ("We Belong") and only had one more hit single in 1988. Olivia's "Soul Kiss" came and went in Fall 1985 and her hit-making days were over.

Stevie kept working on 'Rock A Little', adding in more Pop and current-sounding songs, releasing it in November 1985, with the lead single "Talk To Me" hitting Top Five before the video was even released (which was unheard of in 1985). However, Stevie's career would go through some ups and down from 1986 through 1994, but by the end of the Nineties, she'd secured her position in Pop and Rock as a legend, with her albums consistently making the Top Ten chart, and enjoying sold-out arena shows on her solo tours as well as with Fleetwood Mac.

But being out of the spotlight in 1984 probably cost these three women quite a lot of career momentum, which Madonna clearly profited from. TO HER CREDIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 9, 2018 10:10 PM

[quote]If anyone ran with her sexed up image, it was Janet

[italic]”I’m not a Black Madonna...she is who she is and I am who I am...”[/italic] - Janet Jackson, Oscar nominee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361December 10, 2018 2:51 AM

Inspiring the chur’ins...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 10, 2018 2:54 AM

Scrolling through and stopped dead on the Trump of Pop label. I laughed for I think hours.

It does fit. Not as much to the hive or squad. Their fans know the divas they worship are highly successful and killin it.

The deal is, gaga is the most try hard person out there. Always hyping to the extreme. No other diva, male or female, feel the need to do that. What she going to do when she has to do something completely on her own with just her songwriters? It'll flop again. She is a vegas act where she can have some limited success but not even as much as Britney-a star she cannot eclipse. We all know if Beyonce or Katy or Miley or Ariana or TAYLOR or a dozen other pop stars were in this movie, the would be a cultural event, win award after awards without campaigning like your life depends on it.

by Anonymousreply 363December 10, 2018 4:09 AM

Gay people are so stupid specially the younger ones..In the 90s any artist talk about gays or homophobia, only Madonna she was the FIRST AND ONLY ONE, not Michael, not Janet not Mariah not Cher not Celine not ELTON,,,,ONLY one just MADONNA, keep that in mind, She made her documentary about her gay dancers, no one at that time dare to be next to gays ONLY MADONNA, so you all homosexuals read a little more and stop throwing mud to her, she should be a saint for all gay people ,,,so shut up about that lady ratga, she sucks and is beyond ugly

by Anonymousreply 364December 10, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]In the 90s any artist talk about gays or homophobia, only Madonna she was the FIRST AND ONLY ONE, not Michael, not Janet not Mariah not Cher not Celine not ELTON,,,,ONLY one just MADONNA

^RETARD ALERT!!!

by Anonymousreply 365December 10, 2018 6:11 AM

Poor hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 10, 2018 6:13 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370December 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 10, 2018 6:15 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372December 10, 2018 6:15 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 10, 2018 6:15 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 10, 2018 6:16 AM

Hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 10, 2018 6:17 AM

Even Madonna's Rebel Heart wired face album cover was a rip off. The hag's entire career is one giant rip off. She has been called the Donald Trump of Pop for years. She slaps her name on other people's work. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 376December 10, 2018 6:18 AM

R376 sounds like she is going to cry.

Those Joanne lack of sales still sting, huh?

by Anonymousreply 377December 10, 2018 9:22 AM

Must suck to stan for a thing that has such a dearth of success and true high points. When people see her, they choose not to buy LG's shit.

by Anonymousreply 378December 10, 2018 9:14 PM

I have not been a Gaga fan since Born This Way and the controversy. I thought ArtPop was terrible and she had run out of steam. But I thought her Superbowl performance was very solid and she deserved kudos for giving it her all. would watch A Star is Born. interested to see her performance eventually.

by Anonymousreply 379December 10, 2018 9:21 PM

r379 I watched it. She was good playing herself. Nothing special. Solid movie. Deserve nominations? No. But this movie year is terrible so it might because of that.

I still don't see the appeal of her at all. Ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 380December 10, 2018 9:49 PM

Miss Gaga is still #1 worldwide after 74 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 11, 2018 12:10 AM

r381 AND BRADLEY. That's just I-tunes. Her streaming is awful. You monsters ( and her) are buying it up yet no one is streaming.

by Anonymousreply 382December 11, 2018 12:15 AM

What was the award show where Gaga showed up in a u-haul, gestating in an egg? I can't believe how Ryan Seacrest kept it together to not laugh out loud as it was explained Gaga was inside the egg. I wish she'd do that at the Oscars, you know roll down the aisle in that egg and then erupt from it to accept her statuette.

by Anonymousreply 383December 11, 2018 12:21 AM

If she wins for song (not likely a win or nom for acting) it is Mark Ronson's. If not for him, no way that song would have been anything. Even with him, it is ehh.

by Anonymousreply 384December 11, 2018 12:23 AM

R383 She’s respectable now so no more hatching at awards shows. Alas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 11, 2018 12:29 AM

All us Madonna fans need to start streaming her music more. Let's make "Santa Baby" no. 1 this Christmas, guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 11, 2018 12:35 AM

I'd much rather have Cyndi Lauper's career than Madonna's. Tony winner and respected, not a used up whore.

by Anonymousreply 387December 11, 2018 12:45 AM

I'd rather Madonna's money than any of the bullshit awards and othe horeshit everyone here is babbling about. And Madonna's amazing career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 11, 2018 12:53 AM

r387 That deserves the biggest SURE, JAN in history. I am literally laughing hysterically. Again, lil munsters NEED validation from AWARDS because lil mama can't get SALES, you know, the thing that actually means people like yo shit!

by Anonymousreply 389December 11, 2018 12:54 AM

The anonymity of this board has emboldened me to finally say it: Material Girl is better than Time After Time.

by Anonymousreply 390December 11, 2018 12:58 AM

Yes, it is! Also, I LOVE the LIVE DRUMS on "Material Girl", "Like A Virgin" and "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"!!!!!!

LIKE A VIRGIN is a fantastic album!

by Anonymousreply 391December 11, 2018 1:00 AM

Cyndi is wealthy. At some point, does it matter whether you are worth $20 million or $500 million?

by Anonymousreply 392December 11, 2018 1:06 AM

[quote]I'd much rather have Cyndi Lauper's career

Nothing says a red hot career quite like doing drug commercials for your itchy skin syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 393December 11, 2018 1:20 AM

Yes, I'd love to be a miserable old cunt, living alone, hacking up my face and being brainwashed and giving all my money to an anti-gay cult that preys on cancer victims. Yep.

by Anonymousreply 394December 11, 2018 1:21 AM

Or more accurately R392, $20 million or A BILLION?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 11, 2018 1:21 AM

r394 Or a miserable middle age cunt, engaged to another gay, hacking up my face and brainwashing a cult like fan base with what little money I have from the BTW bus I use for my own promotion. Yep. Lady Ugly is the Trump of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 396December 11, 2018 1:24 AM

Except Madonna is labeled the Trump of Pop, not Gaga. Nice try, madbot.

by Anonymousreply 397December 11, 2018 1:26 AM

I sharted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 11, 2018 1:28 AM

r397 Never has been. Just like deplorables, you self project and it is telling.

Lady Ugly, the Trump of Pop. Her lil ugly mentally ill munsters are the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 399December 11, 2018 1:28 AM

I love Harvey!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 11, 2018 1:28 AM

Let me throw you another party, Harv!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 11, 2018 1:29 AM

Lady Ugly loves Terry Richardson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402December 11, 2018 1:30 AM

Oh, Harvey!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 11, 2018 1:30 AM

Wow what a beaut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 11, 2018 1:31 AM

Harvey, which one do you want?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 11, 2018 1:31 AM

Stretch marks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406December 11, 2018 1:32 AM

The best. Look at that bod!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 11, 2018 1:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408December 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Come and get it, boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Feels like sandpaper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410December 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 11, 2018 1:35 AM

Who cut the cheese?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 11, 2018 1:35 AM

Such class

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413December 11, 2018 1:36 AM

LMFAO at r407 OMG And she was in her TWENTIES!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 414December 11, 2018 1:37 AM

Like my mustache?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415December 11, 2018 1:39 AM

How do you GET stretch marks like that? And the flattest tits ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416December 11, 2018 1:39 AM

Sums of Madonna's career now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417December 11, 2018 1:40 AM

Queen of Flop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418December 11, 2018 1:40 AM

Then there is R KELLY. Check Mate! What a scumbag SHE is. This is tame compared to the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 11, 2018 1:42 AM

BAAAAAARRRRFFFF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420December 11, 2018 1:42 AM

61 years old. She'll be dead before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 421December 11, 2018 1:43 AM

R Kelly. Yep forgot about that. Ugh

Gaga will overdose before. Lets be real. She can't handle not achieving the fame she wants. Those days are over.

by Anonymousreply 422December 11, 2018 1:44 AM

I thought LG just had botox/fillers. It is clear from those photos she has had a few nose jobs. Those TITS! Yikes. WTF causes those kinds of stretch marks? She's 35 now but those pix were taken years ago.

R Kelly. WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOW. She went ALL IN with that creep even knowing the shit that was already said. She truly is the biggest fucking attention whore around. She wanted to cause a stir and even with THAT no one currrrrred.

by Anonymousreply 423December 11, 2018 1:47 AM

Madonna fucked a dog. End of thread.

by Anonymousreply 424December 11, 2018 1:55 AM

Madge fucked GagGag?

by Anonymousreply 425December 11, 2018 2:00 AM

Just watch the video with her and R Kelly. That needs to resurface and I think it will. Bitch did things so degrading and disgusting with a KNOWN pedo. She screamed for him to rape her. The video is un-fucking-believable. Shows what true desperation is. Or someone who has no bottom.

If you can get through the R Kelly vid with her you have a stronger stomach than I.

by Anonymousreply 426December 11, 2018 2:05 AM

Madge did do Dennis Rodman

by Anonymousreply 427December 11, 2018 2:12 AM

Wandering through a World War II battlefield is nothing compared to wandering through this thread.

People constantly think Britney is going to take Madonna's crown, but I personally prefer if it was Kylie or Gaga instead. Leaning more towards Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 428December 11, 2018 2:33 AM

I love Kylie. But she was never a player in the US so she wasn't going to threaten but I do love me some Kylie.

Britney was never going to take it. Madonna even half handed it over to her and Christina but realized she had a lot let to give. I think she was going to give up for Guy Bitchie.

Gaga had a 2 year career so that isn't even a discussion.

by Anonymousreply 429December 11, 2018 2:38 AM

R274 I liked the Video Edit of Rain best.

by Anonymousreply 430December 11, 2018 2:38 AM

That pic at r407 I thought no way that is real. I thought it was that dude from Twisted Sister only fat. A quick google search and my eyes are on fire. I can't unsee that.

by Anonymousreply 431December 11, 2018 2:41 AM

HMMMMM. Who's the no-talent copycat now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 11, 2018 4:41 AM

It's a race to the bottom with these 2 skank whores.

by Anonymousreply 433December 11, 2018 5:53 AM

Was Madge trying to suck the life out of Drake?

by Anonymousreply 434December 11, 2018 7:11 AM

I love Kylie but she's 50. She's not taking over for Madonna.

Certainly Gags isn't either.

BTW, Kylie's "Whenever You Feel Like It" is on the August 2002 Gap In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 11, 2018 10:51 PM

The retro sound of the song and the video, well done, doesn't date, finally. Keith Carradine sure was hot. Just my type. Everything is so well done and not overdone, but with slapdash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436December 11, 2018 10:59 PM

No one can take over for Madonna! No one will ever reach the level of phenomenal success she did. It's just not possible in an era like this where no one buys physical copies of a record anymore. The rock music heyday of the 50's-80's is looking, to me, more and more like an unrepeatable phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 437December 11, 2018 11:00 PM

Madonna is washed. That nobody is checking for her anymore gets under her skin. And, even though they are two completely different types of songs, there is nowhere on earth or anywhere else in the universe that Material Girl is a better song than Time After Time. Da fuck? On a vocal level alone, TAT handily blows MG out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 438December 11, 2018 11:51 PM

r438 Cool your tits, bitch. No one is singing TAT on the voice to show off their singing.

gaga is a never was. Already washed up and buying hype. That video at r407 vomit. And that R Kelly shit needs to surface again. It will sink what little Oscar chances she has.

by Anonymousreply 439December 11, 2018 11:55 PM

TAT is better than Material Girl. Who said otherwise? But they aren't the same kind of song at all. Lauper was a better singer. Briefly.

by Anonymousreply 440December 11, 2018 11:55 PM

Lauper has a grating voice. And she has a speech impediment when she sings. She could never give a vocal like Papa Don't Preach or Live To Tell or Crazy For You.

by Anonymousreply 441December 11, 2018 11:57 PM

^Oh please. Madonna can’t sing for shit and has a LOT of vocal help in the studio. She could never handle a track like True Colors or the glorious All Through the Night...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442December 12, 2018 12:02 AM

People are actually debating who the better singer is between Madonna and Cyndi Lauper? The Armageddon is truly upon us.

by Anonymousreply 443December 12, 2018 12:07 AM

There are lots of things we here at DL can say about Madonna and for good reason. She is a very capable singer. She ain't Whitney but she ain't Janet or Paula, either.

Faith, Shania, Sheryl, Stevie, Reba, Katy and many others are similar to Madonna in vocal prowess. She did carry an entire movie with her voice. Her performance at the 1991 Oscars was impressive as is this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 12, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote]she ain't Janet or Paula, either.

No, she's not. She's somewhere in between. Paula is no singer. Madonna is middling. Janet is not a "sangah" either, but her voice is much more pleasant than Madonna's. Janet's harmonies are heavenly, and she can carry a tune like nobody's business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445December 12, 2018 12:40 AM

r445 No dear, Janet is nowhere near Madonna's league vocally. She could never give a vocal performance like above. Madonna has given many. Janet is a small voiced diva. Madonna, and the ones mentioned earlier, are medium voice divas.

by Anonymousreply 446December 12, 2018 12:46 AM

^Sorry sweets, but Madonna does not have the vocal prowess from someone to say that she is out of ANYBODY'S league. She is a middling singer who receives lots of help from studio trickery. I'm actually being nice, because the truth of it is that she can't sing. She gives certain affectations and has certain vocal mannerisms that can lead one to believe that she can sing, but she can't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 12, 2018 12:59 AM

r447 I'm on Madge fan but you're wrong. It is the oldest and stupidest put down of her. We have ears and can judge for ourselves. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 448December 12, 2018 1:26 AM

Gay people are so stupid specially the younger ones..In the 90s not a single artist talked about gays or homophobia, only Madonna she was the FIRST AND ONLY ONE, not Michael, not Janet not Mariah not Cher not Celine not ELTON,,,,ONLY one just MADONNA, keep that in mind, She made her documentary about her gay dancers, no one at that time dare to be next to gays ONLY MADONNA, so you all homosexuals read a little more and stop throwing mud to her, she should be a saint for all gay people ,,,so shut up about that lady ratga, she sucks and is beyond ugly

by Anonymousreply 449December 12, 2018 5:15 AM

Madonna gay crusader troll blocked, and so much shit disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 450December 12, 2018 7:45 AM

The biggest threat to her legacy is Madonna herself. Her getting on social media as well as her inability to accept aging are tainting her a lot. She looks ridiculous, desperate and unsure.

by Anonymousreply 451December 12, 2018 8:16 AM

R451 and you feel better than her, posting crap on a forum about her full of bitter older gays, Fantastic

by Anonymousreply 452December 13, 2018 4:45 AM

R447 Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, John Lennon, Patti Smith, Bono, PJ Harvey.....none of them have huge voices ....still all of them and Madonna are legends, they don't need to be soul church singers to be great and legendary.....So who cares if she does not sing like Adele, or Aretha... Madonna was never about that her voice was relatable for millions of people around the world. She knows how to get to people with a nice little ballad, Gaga has several ballads none of them a classic or a hit,and she has an American Idol contestant type of voice that you obviously enjoy

by Anonymousreply 453December 13, 2018 4:53 AM

Poor hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454December 13, 2018 7:28 AM

Why does everyone hate me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455December 13, 2018 7:28 AM

R454, ew. Why does Madge think it's still cool and sexy to show her saggy tits?

by Anonymousreply 456December 13, 2018 10:16 AM

I'm not a Gaga fan. I'm not a hater. But she got nominated for a couple Globes. Grammy's. She is so not done.

by Anonymousreply 457December 13, 2018 1:02 PM

In the recent week Gaga got: - 2 Golden Globes nominations; - 5 Grammy nominations; - 2 Critics' Choice nominations; - 2 SAG nominations.

Well, not bad I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 458December 13, 2018 1:18 PM

R258 rumour is she's spent 25 million of her own fortune marketing her artistry for awards

by Anonymousreply 459December 13, 2018 6:53 PM

R459 I dont doubt it. she has never been a big deal still she keep collecting awards, There is something weird about it

by Anonymousreply 460December 14, 2018 3:08 AM

R459, oh you mean that rumour you just made up to feel better ? Yeah, sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 461December 14, 2018 6:31 AM

She is probably just a big pyramid scheme. She probably buys all her own albums and singles, too. It wouldn't even cost much to top I tunes, a few thousand dollars max.

by Anonymousreply 462December 14, 2018 6:47 AM

R462, I think it's time for your medication sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 463December 14, 2018 1:04 PM

So Gaga's is buying these awards? That's the logic? Madonna has way more dough than Gaga. Why doesn't she buy awards and noms?

I'm not a big fan of either. But this makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 464December 14, 2018 1:24 PM

r10, it seems all the Italian pops singers do it: Madonna, Gwen and GaGa, and occasionally Ariana Grande.

by Anonymousreply 465December 14, 2018 1:50 PM

Gaga and the SAGs. Madonna is losing her you know what.

by Anonymousreply 466December 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Jealous bitch

by Anonymousreply 467December 14, 2018 8:50 PM

R466, yeah. Madonna was never nominated for SAG.

by Anonymousreply 468December 14, 2018 9:00 PM

Madonna has enough sags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469December 15, 2018 10:00 AM

Speaking of sags...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 15, 2018 10:29 AM

Hagdonna's butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471December 15, 2018 12:47 PM

Hagdonna's new fake ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472December 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Barf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473December 15, 2018 12:49 PM

Poor thing wears granny support hose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474December 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Nice gut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 15, 2018 12:51 PM

Gaga has Dunlop disease.

Her belly done lopped over her panties.

by Anonymousreply 476December 15, 2018 12:52 PM

Madge's is fat as a house now, so you really shouldn't go there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477December 15, 2018 12:52 PM

Nice gut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478December 15, 2018 12:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 15, 2018 12:54 PM

I hope they reinforced that piano bench.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480December 15, 2018 12:56 PM

Are those bumps anal warts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481December 15, 2018 12:57 PM

Thicker than Bennett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482December 15, 2018 12:58 PM

Don't you know who I am???!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483December 15, 2018 12:58 PM

Looks like something out of a John Waters movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 15, 2018 12:58 PM

Meth head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485December 15, 2018 12:58 PM

All the boys want this pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486December 15, 2018 12:59 PM

Pregnant or just plain old fat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487December 15, 2018 1:00 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488December 15, 2018 1:01 PM

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489December 15, 2018 1:02 PM

Out my way, bitches. Gotta get to McDonalds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490December 15, 2018 1:03 PM

"Anyone seen my girl, Wendy? How about my pal, Carl Jr.?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491December 15, 2018 1:05 PM

You can easily undo any extra weight. You can never undo "the old". Mark my words Gaga will be svelte as she walks the red carpet s of several high profile events to gather up her acting awarda

by Anonymousreply 492December 15, 2018 2:23 PM

If Gaga is nominated for acting Oscar, I am afraid Madge will have a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 493December 15, 2018 6:06 PM

Madonna, if Gaga is nominated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494December 15, 2018 6:38 PM

Madonna is her own worst enemy. She's so clearly terrified of death and aging. It's pathetic. Kabbalah is clearly a fucking joke of a spiritual practice.

by Anonymousreply 495December 18, 2018 5:45 PM

What ageing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 18, 2018 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497December 18, 2018 7:43 PM

Is she not using her own skincare products, then? *roll eyes*

by Anonymousreply 498December 18, 2018 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!