Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivia Newton John is Not Doing Well

A publishing friend told me today that he heard Olivia is extremely ill. She had an unannounced book scheduled to go on-sale in the US in March and they’re moving the pub date up to January. They want to get the book out ahead of the Lifetime biopic scheduled for February.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2018 5:40 PM

Cool story bro

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2018 11:36 PM

My mom beat back breast cancer for almost a dozen years, but when it spread to her bones, things went downhill very quickly. Maybe there is better treatment now, but when I heard Olivia’s cancer spread to the bones in her back, I knew the situation was really serious.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2018 8:59 AM

[quote] A publishing friend told me today that he heard Olivia is extremely ill. She had an unannounced book scheduled to go on-sale in the US in March and they’re moving the pub date up to January. They want to get the book out ahead of the Lifetime biopic scheduled for February.

OP, first you indicate they're moving the date because she's ill; then you say it's because they want it out before the biopoc. Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2018 10:46 AM

Lifetime biopic? Tell me more, tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2018 11:00 AM

Is this the biopic. It was made for Australian television.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2018 11:05 AM

That's very sad news, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2018 11:44 AM

According to this she says she is doing OK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2018 1:36 PM

R3, the thinking is that she will die soon and they want the book to be the big hit that draws the public interest.

Publishing is a business and it comes down to $$$

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2018 10:33 PM

The book was already released in Australia and has some real juicy dish.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2018 10:38 PM

If cancer spreads to the bones, there's nothing more that can be done. It's usually less than a year. This is terrible news, I've never heard a single bad word about Olivia Newton-John. By all accounts she is a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2018 10:59 PM

They already said she wasn’t seeking treatment. I said before she announced she was ill on here that I thought she looked like she had cancer. Somehow I can always tell when someone has it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2018 11:11 PM

Because OP and R9 and others could not be fucked to provide details, the book is "Don't Stop Believin'" by ON-J. It is available in hardcover only in the US right now, for a ridiculous $42. It's available as a Kindle edition for $17, but only on amazon dot com dot au. Note that it is against Amazon's TOS to purchase their e-books from countries other than your own home country, and Amazon has been known to cancel your account over things like buying Amazon books from other countries.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2018 12:08 AM

^ ONJ got there first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2018 12:31 AM

Everybody loves Olivia Newton John, including me. By some miracle I hope she makes it and lives for years to come!

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2018 12:35 AM

Olivia turned 70 last September. Love and all best wishes her way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2018 12:38 AM

Perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2018 12:48 AM

R12 = the smartest one in the room. He can Google and everything.

Now let’s see if he can go fuck himself

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2018 12:55 AM

There are two ONJ covers albums from the past year on Spotify.

First, the Juliana Hatfield album is a must listen for any Olivia fans:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2018 1:01 AM

The second is from Delta Goodrem (see R5).

It has its moments as well, although I prefer Juliana's album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2018 1:05 AM

"the Lifetime biopic"

Is that like the one that said Leslie Gore was straight after she came out?

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2018 1:22 AM

Delta Goodrem plays Olivia Newton John

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2018 5:13 AM

R11, my lower back hurts. The painful area is small, feels like it's in my lower right pelvis or hipbone. DO I HAVE IT?

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2018 5:29 AM

I've read the book. Only OK. No real insights and nothing you haven't read/heard before if you've followed her career. As with many bios, it stupidly concentrates on her later years when her popularity had declined. No significant mention of Soul Kiss, her mad daughter, her need for cosmetic surgery or the real reasons why her first marriage failed. Also no chat about how it feels when fame begins to subside. She needed to have more dirt and more critical analysis of both her life events and her music.

She talks about her cancer extensively, which most will find a bit dull. I also found it somewhat hypocritical that she described herself as a "cancer thriver" even though the cancer had returned and will ultimately finish her off. There's also a lot of new agey, "think positive" approaches to her cancer, which clearly didn't do much for her long term.

Basically, it's a mild read, easily polished off in a day or two.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2018 8:16 AM

"Note that it is against Amazon's TOS to purchase their e-books from countries other than your own home country". Nonsense R12. You can't even Google correctly.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2018 9:21 AM

Get up Olivia! We love you.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2018 10:35 AM

There is absolutely NO "Juicy dish" in the book, R9. In fact, she goes out of her way to be coy. For instance, she tells the story of being hit on by a very famous actor in the 70's in the Hollywood Hotel but doesn't mention him by name, even though they are probably both beyond caring. Did you even read the book, ya lying shill? If so, give one example of said juicy dish. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2018 10:54 AM

Did Olivia talk about her BFF Karen Carpenter in the book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2018 11:06 AM

ONJ looks like she’s transitioning in that pic ^^^

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2018 11:29 AM

I love Olivia Newton John. I'm sorry but when they made a remake of Grease it pissed me off! Yes, I know it first started out on Broadway ,but the movie version with that original movie cast is IT! Sorry, no one can replace them as far as the movie version,and I think the role of Sandy in the film version belongs to Olivia Newton.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2018 11:47 AM

She's fine! She sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2018 12:22 PM

She should have gotten the Kennedy Center Honor by now. They could have waited to honor Hamilton for gosh sakes.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Did Livvy eat out Karen Carpenters snatch?

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2018 8:03 PM

Just that one time...and I did not reciprocate. Too many calories!

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2018 8:07 PM

W&W for r33.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2018 5:29 PM

I am so saddened by this discussion and speculation. ONJ is so beautiful and she is said to be a nice, kind-hearted person. Cancer is such an insidious disease. It always takes the ones who least deserve to die a premature death.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote] I also found it somewhat hypocritical that she described herself as a "cancer thriver" even though the cancer had returned

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 92 and went into remission after surgery and for over twenty years afterwards had a clean bill of health.

[quote]and will ultimately finish her off

What a horrible thing to say. Some of you are so hateful.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2018 5:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!