Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Classic Rock Gossip

Just watched an Amazon Prime biopic about crosby, stills, nash and young. Great music and SO juicy! Stills was a "drill sergeant." Crosby was addled and his girlfried died in a car crash. Nash seemed very nice. Young stirred shit and their bassist, Greg Reeves, tried to put spells on his bandmates before the concert.Also Nash left his wife suddenly after many many years of marriage, which seems out of character .

Let's dish about more talented and haunted rockers.

by Anonymousreply 600December 31, 2018 3:56 PM

What was the title of the film?

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2018 12:34 AM

I should also mention that Nash's father was falsely imprisoned for stealing a camera, which scarred him for life. Crosby came from megabux on both sides!

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2018 12:36 AM

I was talking to Graham Nash after one of their performances. I didn't know it was him until he introduced himself. I thought he was the PR guy for the band. He was very nice and very professional.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2018 12:37 AM

The title is 50 by 4.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2018 12:38 AM

Let me tell you about Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2018 12:40 AM

Please do

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2018 12:45 AM

Crosby is a bag of rotten dicks. Terrible human being.

Someone tell me some gossip on Brian May. Is there any? He seems to be one of the genuinely nice people in rock.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2018 1:13 AM

Whats wrong w Crosby?

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2018 3:03 AM

Eric Clapton becoming obsessed with George Harrison's wife Patty Boyd, and running off with her. Sure, we got Layla, but she got beaten and abused by Clapton for years.

He used to rape her, because he felt it was his right as a husband.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2018 1:13 PM

Thanks, OP. I added it to my watchlist, and I saw a documentary on Lowell George, a personal favorite, also now on my watchlist.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2018 9:45 PM

R8 For one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2018 2:11 AM

This is a wonderful book, if you enjoy CS&N or the American rock scene of their era. Graham Nash really seems like a decent guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2018 2:15 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2018 2:56 AM

Woodstock is one of my favorite songs. An anthem for a generation.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2018 2:59 AM

Oh bugger, I'd forgotten about the Independent links. Oh well.

R9 Eric was such a loser personality wise, if George hadn't been so blatantly unfaithful I don't think Pattie would have gone with Eric. In her autobiography she seemed to regret leaving George.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2018 3:02 AM

Jackson Browne drove his first wife to suicide

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2018 6:47 AM

Two words -- Marianne Faithful

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2018 6:36 AM

I've often wondered if the scalding antipathy between Grace Slick and Marty Balin was because he was the only guy in the Jefferson Airplane who wouldn't bang her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Was Marty Balin a gay homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2018 7:07 AM

The photo would so suggest

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2018 7:27 AM

r8 Crosby is a notorious diva dick. He likes to order everybody around like it's him and few backing guys. This is doubly rich now, given that it was their harmonies that put them over back in the day anyway & now all their voices are shot.

Crosby's ego caused a *lot* of problems with Stephen Stills over the years, because he's the most talented of them all by a wide margin. (Young is a far better lyricist, but much worse at everything else.) He also *was* a drill sergeant over the years, but Crosby was too fucked up on drugs to work in the studio. Stills was fucked up too, but he held it together for their best albums.

Nash's comments about Crosby were also interesting because Crosby likes to be seen as the elder statesman of music and his generation, but he has a closet chock full of skeletons. Nash and Stills have largely kept them there, especially (allegedly of course) his treatment of women. It would've been easy for Nash to just say fuck this and let it fly but he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2018 8:01 AM

I watched "Mr. Soul" on YouTube, and, at first, wondered if Stills being a dick, dancing around in the background. "Can't he let Neil have the focus? It's his song." Then I realized Stills was having a blast, that he loooooooooooved Neil's song.

I do like the lyrics to this. I remembered it from my childhood, but hadn't heard it in years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2018 8:20 AM

Nash is an asshole. I know from personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2018 8:47 AM

r23 Care to elaborate? Was it personal or industry related?

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2018 8:50 AM

[quote]. . .Stephen Stills over the years, because he's the most talented of them all by a wide margin. (Young is a far better lyricist, but much worse at everything else.)

I have liked Neil Young's melodies most of the four, not just his lyrics. He's the only one whose records I bought for decades. I gave up on the rest after two or three LPs.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2018 9:50 AM

Pink floyd gossip pls.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2018 10:07 AM

Rag on Crosby all you like, and I don't disbelieve he's a diva, but he created this underrated gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2018 10:08 AM

R24 industry related. He cane into my company for an interview. I had a headache and cold and was sitting in the control room. He saw me through the glass and thought that when I yawned I was bored by him. He then perform teach your children and forgot the lyrics. He was a jerk all around.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2018 10:16 AM

^ came.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Neil Young's "Expecting to Fly"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Marty was always jealous that Grace got all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Marty was the most talented and didn’t care for Grace’s sluttiness.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2018 10:23 AM

R7, he is, from everything I've heard. Eccentric in some ways, very gifted and very affable and kind to the people he meets. Suffers from depression. Cheated on both his wives (the angsty Too Much Love Will Kill You references his first marriage breakup).

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2018 11:32 AM

Jackson Browne’s first wife, Phyllis Major, was a beautiful, successful model and sometime actress. I knew that she’d committed suicide, but never knew anything more specific about that.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2018 11:45 AM

Joni Mitchell on Jackson Browne and Phyllis Major:

The story hit the news

From coast to coast

They said you beat the girl

You loved the most

Your charitable acts

Seemed out of place

With the beauty

With your fist marks on her face

Your buddies all stood by

They bet their

Fortunes and their fame

That she was out of line

And you were not to blame

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2018 3:38 PM

Jackson retorts (three years later):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2018 3:42 PM

Team Jackson

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2018 3:47 PM

One of my friends knew Jackson Browne, He was a big cokehead, and then got addicted to Central America's plight. After that calmed down, no more hits.

He's been with a nice Jewish gal for years. I think he is afraid of her family since he doesn't hit her.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2018 3:53 PM

R30 ‘Expecting to Fly’ has always made me cry, reminds me poignantly of my lost depression years. I would give a lot to be able to write a song that rawly haunting & lovely, and if Buffalo had never done any other song this one would have been enough of a contribution to music.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2018 4:04 PM

Linda Ronstadt and Jerry Brown kept Californians entertained for years...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2018 4:06 PM

The soap opera that was Fleetwood Mac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2018 4:09 PM

Didn't one of CS&N&Y marry Darryl Hannah? And which one fathered Melissa Etheridge's child?

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2018 4:18 PM

Young married Hannah

Crosby donated sperm to Melissa Etheridge's wife

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2018 4:20 PM

Crosby is not happy about Darryl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2018 4:22 PM

I thought Darryl Hannah was the subject of Joni Mitchell's song

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2018 6:22 PM

R35/R36 — YIKES! Had no idea about that! I knew about Daryl Hannah’s allegations, but I never knew much about Phyllis Major other than she was a model (there are some lovely photos of her online) and she committed suicide. I still love “Running on Empty” and “That Girl Could Sing” (wasn’t that song supposed to be about a former paramour of Browne’s?) but he sure sounds ... complex!

Thank you for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2018 7:15 PM

Mick Jagger and Billy Preston?

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2018 7:24 PM

R30 there’s something Sid Barrett/ Pink Floyd-ish about that song.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2018 7:31 PM

After I read Marianne Faithfull's autobiography, I swore off reading about the private lives of performers I liked. Many of them are not admirable people (ppl), to say the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2018 8:00 PM

For info about the ultra right-wing backgrounds of major 60s rock musicians, this book is a must read. You can download it for free as a pdf, "Inside the LC".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2018 10:42 AM

R50 = the ultimate in classic rock gossip. Stick with it as long as you can.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2018 11:05 AM

I read that book (r50) the first lime it was linked in here and now, I am always noticing that the media stars all have military industrial complex parents. Just yesterday, I found out the gal bassist from the Talking Heads is the daughter of an admiral, and the Ab Fab ladies are both Army officer brats...

Mary Louise Parker's dad is a general.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2018 12:24 PM

"That Girl Could Sing" = Valerie Carter

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2018 12:38 PM

John Denver was a wife abuser.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2018 12:40 PM

John Denver is an interesting case. Apparently he was very talented, but he was also really nasty and aggressive in his private life. I remember reading an interview by his younger brother, who talked about how spoilt and domineering Denver was as a teenager. If something wasn’t to his liking he’d throw a temper tantrum until he got his own way. He even ran away from home at one point, and his father - who was an Air Force pilot - had to coddle him to get him to come home.

I think he was also a bad drug addict and alcoholic behind the scenes and that added to his behaviour. I know the real reason he died in the plane crash was due to his own incompetentence as a pilot.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2018 1:07 PM

R53 I don’t know why Valerie Carter didn’t have a bigger career. I always liked Wild Child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2018 1:18 PM

^^ Drugs plus mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2018 1:19 PM

I know Valerie did a lot of backup work. Worked a lot with James Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2018 1:22 PM

Valerie Carter died in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2018 1:27 PM

The song "Valerie" by Steve Winwood was reportedly about her, as was Jackson Browne's song "That Girl Could Sing".

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2018 1:27 PM

Watch this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2018 1:29 PM

R61 Wow!

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2018 1:42 PM

That was terrific, R61, thank you for sharing! I’d forgotten when Valerie Carter passed away last year that it was reported she was the inspiration for “That Girl Could Sing”. Before that, I remember there being some speculation that it was also Laura Nyro or Nico.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2018 3:51 PM

Even with her fame and accomplishments as one of the best female singers in the '70s, Valerie Carter became a cocaine addict, and then moved on to meth. She went into rehab, where James Taylor helped to have her released. She died of drug-abuse related heart failure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2018 4:00 PM

While Stevie Nicks' secret romance with Joe Walsh from 1983-1986 remained little known until 1991, it's even more of a secret that Stevie ALSO previously had an affair with Joe's wife's first husband!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2018 4:08 PM

R64 I like that whole album.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2018 4:15 PM

While Stevie's 1979 song "Beautiful Child" had fans wondering who and who it was about for over 30 years, she finally revealed in 2013 that it was about an affair she had with Derek Taylor, the late road manager and press officer for the Beatles, who was very married at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2018 4:15 PM

There is video of Lindsay Buckingham mocking and kicking Stevie Nicks on stage while on tour in Japan, from the 80's I believe. Christine supposedly slapped Lindsay afterward.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2018 4:32 PM

Dennis Wilson and Christine McVie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2018 4:42 PM

Love needs a heart, and i need to find

If Love needs a heart like mine.

-- Valerie Carter

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2018 5:45 PM

I don’t have time to read the link on Fleetwood Mac but didn’t they essentially all end up having affairs with everyone in the band?

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2018 5:49 PM

40 Albums Baby Boomers Loved That Millennials Don’t Know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2018 5:55 PM

What does “[Neil] Young stirred shit” mean, OP?

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Neil was always fighting with the others and walking out, even leaving tours at times.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2018 7:09 PM

Linda Ronstadt has been managing her Parkensons / seen on recent trips out and about Tucson area

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2018 7:10 PM

Anyone got anything on Genesis? I’m slightly obsessed with the whole Gabriel/Collins thing (they used to be friends, then they weren’t, etc....). Also Gabriel & La Bush; whatever did she see in him?

I’d also like anything on early Heart, Quo, and any glam rockers like Steve Harley (except Bowie who I don’t count and Bolan who I already know about).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2018 9:01 PM

Upon meeting a lovely young lady while on tour, Collins ended his marriage to his then wife via fax.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2018 9:14 PM

I tried [italic]Kinks: Life on the Road[/italic], but gave up about 10 minutes into it. I realized I loathed Dave Davies, however much I might like the music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2018 9:30 PM

The latest word inre Linda Ronstadt was that she was failing fast.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2018 9:35 PM

Jayne County rarely ever sees the Dentist.,,,

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2018 9:36 PM

Yes, Linda Ronstadt is not doing well, sadly. Parkinson's is a horrible thing that nobody deserves. An uncle of mine currently has it, and it's devastated his life.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2018 9:45 PM

Richard and Linda Thompson broke up, but did one last tour together in the early 80s. At one point in the LA concert, Linda started explaining why they broke up and what a fuck Richard was, all while he was standing right there.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2018 10:03 PM

Stevie Nicks is all kinds of crazy but was madly in love/obsessed with Tom Petty for 30 plus years. Knowing she was a nut job, he avoided getting physical with her (though they did work together). When he died, she went off the deep end and it's one of the reasons she fired Lindsay B and replaced him with Mike Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2018 10:46 PM

Phil Collins has a strange obsession with the Alamo.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2018 10:50 PM

Tom Petty admitted in a semi-authorized biography about 8 years ago that he DID have a sexual affair with Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2018 10:52 PM

Stevie wrote "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" during her affair with Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2018 10:53 PM

Tom Petty wrote SDMHA.

However, Stevie DID write "If You Were My Love" about her love for Tom.

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2018 10:54 PM

Felix A. Pappalardi Jr. (December 30, 1939 – April 17, 1983) was an American music producer, songwriter, vocalist, and bassist. He is best known to the public as the bassist and vocalist of the band Mountain, whose song "Mississippi Queen" peaked at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has become a classic rock radio staple. Originating in the eclectic music scene in New York's Greenwich Village, he became closely attached to the British power trio Cream, writing, arranging, and producing for their second album Disraeli Gears. As a producer for Atlantic Records, he worked on several projects with guitarist Leslie West; in 1969 their partnership evolved into the band Mountain. The band lasted less than five years, but their work influenced the first generation of heavy metal and hard rock music. Pappalardi continued to work as a producer, session musician, and songwriter

... until he was shot and killed by his wife Gail Collins in 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2018 11:16 PM

What did that guy^^^^ write for Disraeli Gears??

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2018 11:51 PM

He co-wrote "Strange Brew."

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2018 11:56 PM

Jackson Browne finally gave into David Geffen’s none-too-subtle importuning of a sexual nature when he was finally getting ready to leave Asylum Records. Geffen made it a none negotiable condition if Jackson wanted to gain the sole rights to his songs.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2018 12:12 AM

Who drummer Keith Moon had a reputation for wild ways and outrageous antics. A tragic event unfolded in January 1970, when Moon's chauffeur, Neil Boland, was inadvertently run over and killed by the drummer. After having attended the opening of a pub in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, Moon and his party were prevented from leaving by a group of working-class skinheads that had reportedly taken offense to Moon's rock-star wealth, penchant for fancy cars and preference for brandy over beer. With Moon and his party contained in the drummer's Bentley, Boland exited the vehicle to confront the skinheads. Determined to bring his friends to safety, Moon got behind the wheel and pushed his vehicle through the crowd. Tragically, neither Moon nor the other passengers realized that Boland wound up underneath the car and was dragged down the road. Boland was pronounced dead at the hospital that night. Moon was officially charged in Boland's death and faced charges of drunk driving and driving without a license or insurance. Approximately six weeks later, the event was deemed an accident, which had cleared Moon, with the exception of the driving charges, to which he pleaded guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2018 12:33 AM

r75 Linda canceled some east coast dates next year: too sick to travel.

by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2018 12:35 AM

Who did what to whom, r91?

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2018 12:39 AM

Geffen is versatile, r94. However, I do believe he had Jackson blow him. Geffen then went around boasting about how he managed to get him to do it.

Geffen likes to tell a nice tale about why he gave Browne his song rights ( which he never did for any of his other recording artists ) but the truth is, Jackson Browne had to go down on David Geffen.

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote] Knowing she was a nut job, he avoided getting physical with her

I cannot even imagine any physically able man turning down Stevie back in her day. Morality and common sense only go so far.

by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2018 1:11 AM

Has anyone addressed how much Stevie loved Tex-Mex food ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2018 1:23 AM

R96: He did have an affair with her, which I think was off and on over the years. She insisted on hanging around him and went on tour with the Heartbreakers quite a few times.

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2018 1:25 AM

When did it happen and how old was Jackson Browne when he got down ?

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2018 2:18 AM

Does Joni Mitchell own her catalog? Maybe if Geffen had been straight...

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2018 2:32 AM

It was when he left Asylum, r99, so I can’t remember the exact date. However, one thing I am certain of, Geffen got down with the Browne.

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2018 2:40 AM

I have Phil Collins autograph, but no gossip.

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2018 2:53 AM

Anyone have any good obscure stories about the Grateful Dead? Not such a bunch of lookers but holy shit the music....

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2018 2:54 AM

Graham Nash is a very nice person. Even if he did forget a lyric.

by Anonymousreply 104December 9, 2018 3:03 AM

Nash was and is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 105December 9, 2018 3:14 AM

Bob Weir is supposedly bi. He sure was pretty back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2018 3:18 AM

R101 J. Browne was still with Asylum in the late 80s, so he had to be around 40yo when incident happened. Not exactly a pretty young thing then.

by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2018 3:24 AM

Jesse Colin Young (Youngbloods) has released a #MeToo song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2018 3:35 AM

True, but they don't call Browne the Dorian Gray of rock for nothing....

by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2018 3:35 AM

It's been rumored that Ike called Tina a jerk-face once.

by Anonymousreply 110December 9, 2018 3:52 AM

Any stories on Alice Cooper or Gary Glitter ?

by Anonymousreply 111December 9, 2018 3:54 AM

Didn't Gary Glitter get busted for enjoying Thai children?

by Anonymousreply 112December 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Yoko Ono on Connie Francis, the Dyke:

[quote]"People who don't know we say I hitched my wagon to a star," objected Miss Ono. "But that it the opposite. If I just wanted to be associated with a star, I could have very early. Rusty invited me to a my first recording session. It was Connie Francis. I had never met the lady -- she was really a girl then -- but she was a very big star. When I walked in, Rusty and I overhead her say to Tony, 'I'm gonna bang that Oriental like a gong!' Connie, I soon discovered, was a very aggressive bull dagger in private. Not at all like she was in public. If I had wanted to use a star, I could have. But I was a very modern woman for the time. I didn't like being pursued. I wanted to be the one pursuing. And Connie was very aggressive. Plus, I knew her career was going nowhere. She wasn't an artist. She was a singer who got lucky a few times. But not with me!, " Miss Ono adds with a laugh. "When I met John, it was different. He didn't go after me. But I knew what I wanted. Unlike Connie, he was an artist. He still had great things ahead but he need me to make them happen. Now, everyone knows I am as big a star as John, But not then. Maybe he hitched his wagon to me, right?"

by Anonymousreply 113December 9, 2018 4:00 AM

Heart was very Fleetwood Mac back in the early days. Ann was fucking their manager, Michael Fisher, and Nancy was fucking his brother, guitarist Roger Fisher. Then they all broke up and Nancy was fucking drummer Michael Derosier and bassist Steve Fossen. It turned into a real shit storm so the Wilson's fired all three of them.

Ann and Nancy have been on the outs for a few years but apparently there is talk about the original band getting back together for a tour. I will go see that because Heart kicks ass.

by Anonymousreply 114December 9, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]Heart was very Fleetwood Mac back in the early days.

Except I have no idea who any of those names belong to.

by Anonymousreply 115December 9, 2018 4:20 AM

When Tommy Lee was dating Heather Locklear he called her up and told her to turn on the TV because she was on it. She did and it was Heather Thomas on The Fall Guy. Locklear corrected him but they still dated.

Then when he was dating Bobbie Brown (video vixen from Warrant's "Cherry Pie ") he told her to buy the National Enquirer because she was on the cover. It turns out it was Pamela Anderson on the cover, yet she continued to date him.

He's fucking retarded but I guess his big dick makes up for it.

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2018 4:23 AM

Connie Francis "a very aggressive bull dagger " ? I've not seen that anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2018 4:42 AM

This is so much better than the 509 theatre gossip threads.

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2018 5:05 AM

I think David Crosby is a big Republican...

by Anonymousreply 119December 9, 2018 5:23 AM

r92 I would love to ask Keith on his deathbed if Brian Jones was pushed. I think he was, but he might've just "not been saved".

Sir Mick was incredibly ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2018 5:32 AM

No, R119, he’s not.

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2018 5:32 AM

Three of Mick Jagger's longterm girlfriends attempted suicided, one successfully. The mother of one of Mick's children ended up on welfare until she had a paternity test and forced him t pay child support. Now he is closer to that child than probably anyone else in his life. Ronnie Wood's first wife killed herself. Mick and Keith have ripped off a great number of other musicians, including one of their own, Mick Taylor, by just stealing their work and not giving writing credits.

by Anonymousreply 122December 9, 2018 6:41 AM

In both cases, Chrissy Shrimpton and Marianne Faithfull, Jagger was left to "discover" them. I think I read he put her into a mental home. Faithfull attempted suicide by taking an insane number of pills in Australia while she and Mick were there to film Ned Kelly. When she awoke in the hospital, she said, Wild horses wouldn't drag me away, when Jagger expressed astonishment that she survived. The daughter he is now close with is Karis, who has a very nice food website and appears very normal. Jagger is odd. He had a very stable upbringing and is very close to his adoring kids and even ex spouses. Yet he has also been surrounded by mega drama....drugs, suicides, etc. Yet has never list his own cool. FWIW, a friend used to work for him (publicity) and liked him.

by Anonymousreply 123December 9, 2018 8:01 AM

list=lost

by Anonymousreply 124December 9, 2018 8:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 9, 2018 8:37 AM

The stupid article described Marshall Chess as a rock publicist. He was the head of Chess Records!

by Anonymousreply 126December 9, 2018 5:51 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2018 6:14 PM

I have my doubts about the Browne-Geffen story. Sounds evil, even by Geffen's "standards."

by Anonymousreply 128December 9, 2018 6:46 PM

The members of KISS always had a spare hotel room that they called "The Chicken Coop" for all the groupies waiting for them after each show.

The members of Motley Crue used to get takeout burritos and shove their dicks into them in order to get rid of the smell of the women they had sex with...so their girlfriends wouldn't suspect anything.

Jimmy Page basically kidnapped a 13-year old girl and kept her as his secret road girlfriend for about two years (we all know this one).

Natalie Wood apparently tried to have a threesome with Buddy Holly and someone else in a bathtub full of champagne. She climbed in and screamed in pain and it didn't work out.

Jimi Hendrix had his penis cast (The Plaster Casters) and liked it so much, he had sex with the mold.

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2018 7:00 PM

A reminder that young David Geffen was even uglier than old David Geffen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2018 8:27 PM

Springsteen got away with physically assaulting his girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 131December 9, 2018 9:11 PM

r131 I think sex with him is physically assaulting...and revolting

by Anonymousreply 132December 9, 2018 9:17 PM

r131 Link please.

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2018 9:30 PM

Can someone recount the entire uncensored/non-PR-edited story of Don Henley and the underage girl?

It was on a previous gossip thread in undiluted glory.

by Anonymousreply 134December 9, 2018 9:40 PM

In the 70s all the rock bands were fucking underage girls. Really underage, like 13 or 14.

Pamela DeBarre writes about it in her books.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2018 12:07 AM

A super band is being formed by Bill Cosby, Beverly Sills, Johnny Cash and Connie Chung. Any suggestions for the name of this band should be sent to Cosby, Sills, Cash and Chung.

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2018 1:24 AM

I want more gossip about David Crosby. He reminds me of a grungier Rob Reiner.

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2018 1:29 AM

Crosby is definitely smarter then Reiner, and did fewer drugs

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2018 1:30 AM

Most of those classic rock guys from the 70s would be in prison or their careers would be over in today's world. Fucking underage girls, beating the shit out of women, etc. That behavior wouldn't be tolerated for a second now. Just read about what absolute assholes guys like Don Henley and Lindsay Buckingham, among others, were in those days and how they treated women.

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2018 1:31 AM

Graham Nash is rumored to be one of the nicest gentlemen in rock and roll. Stills has hearing loss and major speech problems. He was also by far the most talented of the group, at least until Young came along. Crosby's talent was for tight, airy harmony. He spent hard time in a TX prison.

by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote] In the 70s all the rock bands were fucking underage girls. Really underage

Also such as papa John Phillips and Tommy Boyce

by Anonymousreply 141December 10, 2018 2:08 AM

I read somewhere the late Nicolette Larson gave Henley royal hell - and then some - after he put the moves on her then-underage daughter, Elsie (fathered by drummer Russ Kunkel.)

by Anonymousreply 142December 10, 2018 3:12 AM

According to "Sweet" Connie Hamzy, the weirdest groupie of them all, Peter Frampton has a micro-dick. And then Huey Lewis has the biggest one.

by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2018 3:19 AM

Crosby was the chubbiest and least attractive in all his groups.

by Anonymousreply 144December 10, 2018 3:28 AM

Crosby resembles a walrus.

by Anonymousreply 145December 10, 2018 3:35 AM

About 10 years ago I would see Tommy Lee regularly at the local coffee place, always surrounded by 4-6 very well-maintained middle-aged ladies. They would sit for a loooong time listening to him rant while cooing and nodding appreciatively at him. I didn’t eavesdrop much, but anything I ever heard was about “her” (undoubtedly Heather, who lives nearby). He’d truly rant in this agitated way, and just lapped up the sycophants attention. He seemed like, umm, not the brightest bulb. I’m guessing they were hanging out after an AA type meeting as it was like clockwork, but that’s supposition. Eventually my schedule changed and I stopped my late morning coffee runs, and never saw him again except the occasional grocery store sighting.

As a side note, a few years ago I was driving down the freeway and saw a red sportscar flipped in the bushes alongside and thought “oh Christ, probably Heather.” Yup, it was.

by Anonymousreply 146December 10, 2018 5:05 AM

lindsay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 10, 2018 5:37 AM

[quote]Stills has hearing loss and major speech problems. He was also by far the most talented of the group, at least until Young came along.

But Young did come along. He *so* came along. Like a hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 148December 10, 2018 7:32 AM

Drink up, drink up let me fill your cup...

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2018 7:36 AM

[quote{I’m gonna bang that Oriental like a gong!'

I’m assuming this is untrue? Tokyo was way too ugly for anyone to want to bang.

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2018 2:45 PM

Goddam iphone. “Yoko” was too ugly to bang!

by Anonymousreply 151December 10, 2018 2:51 PM

R150 Oh yeah ?

by Anonymousreply 152December 10, 2018 4:35 PM

R16 and Joni Mitchell wrote a song about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 10, 2018 4:50 PM

Wow, Joni's lyrics are pretty brilliant here (as expected).

by Anonymousreply 154December 10, 2018 4:55 PM

Browne comes off as defensive at r153. My guess is he really doesn’t want a face to face with Joni regarding her song. (I know she isn’t capable of it now)

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2018 5:39 PM

Lots of interesting info in the Groupie Central forum archives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2018 6:48 PM

Trying the Kinks documentary has had me listening to their 60s hits. I remember "Well-Respected Man" from my childhood. I didn't understand the sexual comments in the lyrics then. It's fucking funny, so to speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2018 10:31 PM

Pre-Yoko Beatles gossip, please! That is like the ultimate goldmine for me because those guys had such a wall around them.

And yeah, I know about Paul's paternity suits.

I will contribute one - in their Hamburg days, John and one other Beatle would frequent a club known to be the hangout for transvestites and transsexuals. This comes from Bruno Koschmider, the guy who ran the Kaiserkeller where the Beatles played. Who was the other Beatle?

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2018 12:44 AM

R156 that seems to be a Groupie Central site for millenials (or at least 90% millenials). I didn't really see classic rock groups discussed there, or did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2018 3:18 AM

[quote] Faye Dunaway saved Mick Jagger from a drug overdose - he had turned blue.

I always knew she was a meddler.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2018 3:49 AM

If you put Groupie Central into the Wayback Machine, the older threads will come up. Plenty on classic rockers.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2018 4:26 AM

All I saw was Bebe Buell. They seem obsessed with her.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2018 3:24 PM

I fucking love the Groupie Central thread on ‘NSYNC from like early 2003, where this one 30-something fanfrau is ADAMANT that Lance is BI looking for a steady gf and J.C. is STRAIGHT. “Just because he gets papped at gay clubs all the time doesn’t necessarily mean he’s GAY.” Bwahaha.

Also why did the other Rock groupies allow these pop stans into their forums?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2018 4:33 PM

I think the most prolific bands that attracted groupies (from the classic rock days) have to be Led Zep and The Rolling Stones

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2018 11:45 PM

I heard once that Stevie once kicked someone in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2018 11:59 PM

Don Henley is a sicko. Into very rough, painful sex- nearly bit off a stripper/actress/glam model's nipples- she details it in her book. He was very into underaged girls- 13, 14- I think he was charged with rape but can't recall.

by Anonymousreply 166December 12, 2018 11:16 AM

Metal Sludge also has a (outdated) penis chart and the fouNder of the website, Stevie Rachelle from Tuff is writing a series of blogs on his years on the strip in the 80's and 90's. Interesting read. The infamous Jani Lane story is chronicled there too- a poster here detailed how they spent the night with Jani at a seedy motel- he then died. Bobbie Brown claims he was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 167December 12, 2018 11:23 AM

Keith and Mick vehemently reject that 'Wild Horses" is about M. Faithful, Mick goes as far as to say she never said "Wild Horses couldn't drag me away."

My favorite Keef story is when there was a party going on at his house, he was hungry, cooked up some bangers and mash, couldn't find his spring onions and went after a guest with a saber....good times. "Kate Moss recounts a hilarious anecdote from 1998 in which Keith, sidestepping the festivities of his daughter Angela’s wedding at his manor house, Redlands, finds he’s short some spring onions he laid on a chopping block while fixing himself a light nosh of bangers and mash. When the thieving guest totters into the kitchen with the greens playfully tucked behind his ears, Keith grabs two sabers from the mantelpiece and goes chasing after the poor guy in a homicidal rage. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 12, 2018 11:34 AM

Blind item- It's Don Henley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2018 11:38 AM

Paul McCartney has been hanging out in a gay bar recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2018 11:58 AM

So at 76 Paul McCartney might be coming out?

Who cares? Although personally I'm surprised, he was quite the pussy hound in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2018 12:41 PM

Is he there for the drinking or there for the loving? How would Paul come on to you at age 700? "John and I used to wank off together, you know!"

by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2018 12:43 PM

R169, I guess this sheds new light on his song “The End of the Innocence”....

by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2018 12:56 PM

I saw a documentary about LLA Folk Rock and how it started in the fun, relatively nice, Laurel Canyon with people like Mama Cass, Joni Mitchell and CSNY, but ended up in Echo Park with the mean and ambitious Eagles.

by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2018 4:26 PM

The Eagles were the embodiment of white male privilege and entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2018 5:03 PM

Don Henley is a creep, misogynist and a pervert.

by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2018 5:08 PM

R175 they would be if they weren't country, you're thinking of Fleetwood Mac. If Lindsey Buckingham treated women horribly is because he's a bitter closet case. He has to be one of the girliest men ever. That plain looking average blonde midget Stevie tranny Nicks wishes she was as pretty and femenine as Buckingham.

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2018 6:36 PM

I didn't realize all the hullaballoo around The Last Waltz:

Levon Helm, in his 1993 autobiography This Wheel's on Fire, expresses serious reservations about Scorsese's handling of the film, claiming that Scorsese and Robbie Robertson (who produced the film) conspired to make The Band look like Robbie Robertson's sidemen. He states that Robertson, who is depicted singing powerful backing vocals, was actually singing into a microphone that was turned off throughout most of the concert (a typical practice during their live performances).[23]

Helm also discusses Manuel's and Hudson's minimal screen time, such as when Manuel sings during the closing number "I Shall Be Released", but Manuel is hidden behind the phalanx of guest performers. There are several shots catching Ronnie Hawkins looking around but not singing, yet Manuel remains invisible. However, during the same segment, in the background, it appears that a cameraman is attempting to get a shot of Manuel at the piano but gives up due to technical problems or the impossibility of the shot.[24]

Helm went so far as to say that Last Waltz was "the biggest fuckin' rip-off that ever happened to the Band", citing that he, Manuel, Danko and Hudson never received any money for the various home videos, DVDs and soundtracks released by Warner Bros. after the project.[25]

AND:

Scorsese has said that during this period, he was using cocaine heavily.[15] Drugs were present in large quantities during the concert.[13] A smudge of cocaine on Neil Young's nose was obscured in post-production.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2018 7:06 PM

The Eagles were nowhere near the most depraved nor were they the only band whose members clashed with each other but because many dismiss their music they have this need to equal their opinion of their music to their personas.

by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2018 8:36 PM

Valerie Carter's people are putting out a lot of her unreleased work imminently. She was bisexual, carrying on lesbian affairs with a lot of famous women in L.A. Never heard about the meth, but I do know she was arrested in Florida while smoking crack.

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2018 8:36 PM

r179 Don Henley and Glenn Frey were two of the biggest assholes in the music business.

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2018 8:37 PM

She sounds absolutely charming r180

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2018 8:38 PM

Fleetwood Mac and their safe whitewashed insipid rock popular with suburban housewives and bimbos are the poster child of white privilege

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2018 8:40 PM

Stevie Nicks' assistant reportedly blew cocaine up her ass with a straw.

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2018 8:42 PM

R181 hardly but whatever, the most beloved by music snubs are assholes beyond imagination but because they like their music they turn a blind eye. Renowned and worshipped Jimmy Page who was a blatant plagiarist and a pedo kidnapper is one example.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2018 8:46 PM

All of the Grateful Dead’s keyboardists died - first Pigpen got sick & died in his 20s, Keith Godchaux killed in a car accident on his birthday, Brent Mydland ODed, then the hack they settled for in the end, Vince Welnick, killed himself by cutting his own throat in front of his wife while she was yelling at him for falling off the wagon

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2018 9:03 PM

Pink floyd gossip bitches please, who was bi? There'd have to be at least one bi guy there.

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2018 9:03 PM

Jim Morrison's death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2018 10:01 PM

R169 I knew the basic story and that it was covered up but wow, never knew all those details. Damn he should be in jail.

But I wonder if that lady part is true - if it were who the heck would it be?

by Anonymousreply 189December 13, 2018 4:39 AM

Bob Seger had a relationship with Mary Kay Place during the run of Mary Hartman Mary Hartman.

by Anonymousreply 190December 13, 2018 4:46 AM

That had to be some dull sex. I want to know more about Paul McCartney in the gay bar. Is it because his daughter Bea is a lesbian? He's getting down with the scene? His son pings too.

by Anonymousreply 191December 13, 2018 12:50 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 192December 13, 2018 9:29 PM

Any Lou Reed gossip?

by Anonymousreply 193December 13, 2018 9:30 PM

McCartney's son is gay and Stella is bi (but prefers men). Actually, Madonna wanted to fuck Paul but he said no so she had an affair with Stella instead. The closest she got to Beatle sex. Anyway, Paul is open minded and gay friendly but not gay himself (his friend owns that bar and going there makes him look cool or woke or whatever, which is always important to PR Paul). He and Linda shared their share of women but were genuinely devoted to each other. They hardly spend the night apart but there was often (or sometimes) a girl between them (both prefered Black women). Heard George was insatiable with women to the point of it being a mental illness. And John liked the occasional rental cock in NYC yet was ridiculously devoted to Yoko (but not vice versa). Never heard anything about Ringo but who cares?

by Anonymousreply 194December 13, 2018 9:40 PM

I read of intimates of George Harrison describing the devout Hari Krishna constantly looking for women. Can't say I heard any Ringo gossip, very supportive of his family, youtube the Disney All Star Band concert and interview in Liverpool. It's fascinating

by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2018 9:56 PM

Ringo is always portrayed as the homebody, the most pedestrian of the four. Good for him. I’m dure he’s had his share of willing females, though.

by Anonymousreply 196December 13, 2018 10:09 PM

They all had their fair share of groupies while they were touring during the early to mid 60's.

And after as well.

by Anonymousreply 197December 14, 2018 1:07 AM

You can have groupies without hurting or killing them...

by Anonymousreply 198December 14, 2018 1:19 AM

R194 thank you, good gossip. Anything else you've heard about them?

by Anonymousreply 199December 14, 2018 3:23 AM

Stella is bisexual? She has no sexual vibe to me at all, like a dead person. I figured James was gay but then again he is so slovenly I had doubts there too.

by Anonymousreply 200December 14, 2018 12:19 PM

Ringo was well known to cheat on his wife back in the Beatles heyday...no idea if he kept at it after marrying Barbara Bach. I think he got sober or something, so he could have changed his ways along with that.

by Anonymousreply 201December 14, 2018 12:49 PM

Pattie Boyd said she came home & George was fucking Ringo's wife Maureen.

by Anonymousreply 202December 14, 2018 3:36 PM

Graham Nash got divorced after many years of marriage, and his new girlfriend looks just like Joni Mitchell, his onetime flame.

by Anonymousreply 203December 14, 2018 3:45 PM

Where we at with the glam rockers?

We all know about Bolan. Anyone got stuff on Ronson, Eno, Harley, The Sweet?

by Anonymousreply 204December 14, 2018 10:06 PM

Not r194, but karma got Harrison at the end. He (allegedly) had a long, painful death at the hands of a doctor was treating him for his cancer. The doctor knew he was terminal, but allegedly kept that from Harrison and encouraged him to try all kinds of foofy bullshit. The medical staff around him were appalled, but terrified of intervening, because of Harrison turning on them, and the doctor's reputation.

Eventually, someone did gather the courage to go above their pay grade and complain. I believe the doctor was 'disciplined' quietly.

by Anonymousreply 205December 15, 2018 3:14 AM

On the ugly cancer treatment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206December 15, 2018 3:29 AM

It's interesting to think about the Beatles and their women (groupies). There had to be boat loads of women, but as somebody said upthread, they were so closed off, probably more so than any other band (including the Stones), that I wonder how women actually accessed them. Snarky Patti Boyd said in her book that Cynthia was more like John's mom than his wife. That Patti. What a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 207December 15, 2018 11:39 AM

Hey hey we’re the Monkees! And people say we monkey around!

by Anonymousreply 208December 15, 2018 2:17 PM

Great thread. But whoever suggested upthread that Stephen Stills was ever in any way more talented than Neil Young is ridiculous.

I love the telegram that Young sent Stills when he unceremoniously dropped out of a tour they were supposed to do together. "Steve - isn't it funny how things that start spontaneously also end that way? Eat a peach, Neil."

I've loved Neil Young since I was a teenager but I was put off when he ditched Pegi for Daryl Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 209December 15, 2018 2:41 PM

r209 his work as a producer (credited or not) greatly influenced their sound. A layered album like Deja Vu is more dependent on the right minor adjustments at the right times. He's like Lindsey Buckingham in that respect. Both are under-rated guitarists, too.

He was also the one who was the "asshole" in studio in order to get things done. Not that he wasn't an asshole away from the console, but he made a huge contribution to their sound. Young was by far the superior lyricist, but his voice is fucking awful, and his electric wailing is ridiculous (acoustic is good).

Young was over-rated by white male rock "journalists" of a certain time and place, like Springsteen. He had a whole eccentric hippie outsider narrative around him when he was actually establishment and making good money.

by Anonymousreply 210December 15, 2018 3:18 PM

Mick Jagger has many children from many women. Yet they all seem to genuinely get along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 15, 2018 6:02 PM

That will change the minute he dies r211 , and all that money has to divide up. They're all little meal tickets and they know it!

by Anonymousreply 212December 15, 2018 7:44 PM

R210 it’s personal taste I guess but we disagree. Stills might have been gifted in the studio and technically as a player, but he wrote only a small handful of memorable melodies whereas Young could toss them off with ease. I also his electric guitar playing, while often rough around the edges, was often stunningly beautiful- I don’t know how you could hear “Like a Hurricane” and not be moved.

I’m totally a stan for Neil Young, yes; he’s my favorite musician of all time. And sure he’s wealthy and successful. But he’s also very hard-working and has had an amazingly prolific career where he’s only occasionally really embarrassed himself (“This Note’s for You” was garbage. I do take exception to the idea that he’s overrated.

by Anonymousreply 213December 15, 2018 9:46 PM

R213, off-topic, but what albums would you recommend to someone who has very little knowledge of his work?

by Anonymousreply 214December 15, 2018 9:59 PM

R214 -- Decade for his work before 1978

Freedom, from 1989.

Dirt Silver and Gold, 1991

by Anonymousreply 215December 15, 2018 10:10 PM

R214, not R213, but off the top of my head: Live Rust, Harvest, and Rust Never Sleeps. Live Rust would be a greatest hits album.

by Anonymousreply 216December 15, 2018 10:19 PM

I know someone who is quite good friends with Graham Nash, and he sounds like a lovely guy. However, he did leave his longtime wife a few years ago, for a much younger woman who looks exactly like a young Joni Mitchell. Graham said in an interview that his adult children were none too pleased.

by Anonymousreply 217December 15, 2018 10:25 PM

Jinx, R203. I was actually following the new Joni girlfriend on Instagram for a while. She's very into the 60s, and seems to love Joni and embrace the whole vibe. I guess she and Graham are both getting what they want. She seems very passionate and emotional, though, a handful. I'm sure it's exciting for Graham, but I wonder if it's tiring sometimes, at his age.

by Anonymousreply 218December 15, 2018 10:30 PM

Post a link r218

by Anonymousreply 219December 15, 2018 11:36 PM

Neil Young albums one ought to listen to:

After the Gold Rush

Harvest

Decade

Comes a Time

Rust Never Sleeps

Zuma

by Anonymousreply 220December 16, 2018 12:01 AM

Graham Nash's daughter is a well-regarded San Francisco midwife. His son runs some kind of utopian community in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 221December 16, 2018 12:22 AM

Thanks, R215, R216, and R220!

by Anonymousreply 222December 16, 2018 12:47 AM

We can certainly argue about who's the better musician, Stills or Young; but even Neil Young thinks Stills is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 223December 16, 2018 3:33 AM

Correct Neil Young album selection: (1) After the Gold Rush (2) On the Beach (3) Tonight's the Night

by Anonymousreply 224December 16, 2018 4:25 AM

R214:

There are kind of a lot of them.

After The Gold Rush

Tonight's The Night

On The Beach

Comes A Time

American Stars 'N' Bars (vastly underrated)

Rust Never Sleeps

Freedom

Harvest Moon

Americana

Prairie Wind

by Anonymousreply 225December 16, 2018 4:53 AM

R194, in the Rosen book (‘Nowhere Man’, supposedly based on John’s diaries), the claim in that John’s (female) Korean masseuse would give him a once-a-week handjob. This would be late 70s, when he and Yoko’s relationship had turned essentially sexually non-existent. I’ve also seen Fred Seaman claim on the old Beatles usenet forum that Yoko would have Elliot Mintz chaperone John to Korean brothels in NYC. Do you know if his patronage of male prostitutes was during the same time period (late 70s)? Was he only getting handjobs from the guys, or more? And do you have any idea what his type was?

Also, regarding Paul’s son, does he date at all? Will he ever — presumably quietly — come out? He made a couple of decent albums in a short span a few years ago, but didn’t get much traction, so you wouldn’t think career considerations are keeping him closeted.

by Anonymousreply 226December 16, 2018 11:33 PM

I think if you're determined to stay married to a rock icon, you do what you have to do.

by Anonymousreply 227December 16, 2018 11:36 PM

Not gossip, but the Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary "If I Leave Here Tomorrow" is very good.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2018 12:07 AM

Sean Oko Lennon's cover of "So This is Christmas" with Miley Cyrus is quite good. Also like his work with Lana Del Rey.

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Julian’s more talented.

by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2018 2:34 PM

To the person who recommended Weird Scenes in the Canyon - thanks, I'm down the weirdest rabbit hole right now. I don't buy the conspiracy aspect, but it's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 231December 18, 2018 1:08 AM

r229, it's called "Happy Christmas (War is Over)".

What war? Any war you want.

by Anonymousreply 232December 18, 2018 1:10 AM

WEHT Mick Jagger's musician brother?

by Anonymousreply 233December 18, 2018 6:23 PM

Not much, R233. He plays in small venues. He has had some involvement with some of Mick's projects.

by Anonymousreply 234December 18, 2018 6:31 PM

But of course if the issue is genius guitar, brilliant vocals and vocal harmonies, then the subject is Jerry Garcia.

Plus add in poetry as lyrics, and Neil Young burns out and fades away.

No offense to Neil, he’s done some great stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 19, 2018 11:27 AM

Jethro Tull?

Whitesnake?

Billy Squier?

Cheap Trick?

by Anonymousreply 236December 19, 2018 11:38 AM

Jerry Garcia and that group he was in convinced me to buy two albums, Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, but that was about it. I have many more Neil Young albums, 90% of which I enjoyed a lot.

by Anonymousreply 237December 19, 2018 11:39 AM

The Grateful Dead, r237.

by Anonymousreply 238December 19, 2018 1:17 PM

Keith Richards made it to 75 yesterday. I would not have bet on that.

by Anonymousreply 239December 19, 2018 1:26 PM

Not a rock star but famous rock music DJ and VJ, Matt Pinfield, was recently in a horrific car accident. He has to relearn how to walk. He's still active online. If you're a fan or just want to provide some supportive words, he is very appreciative.

by Anonymousreply 240December 19, 2018 1:28 PM

I’m the Neil Young Superman from earlier, looks like other posters already weighed in with good album recommendations. My own personal favorites are Rust Never Sleeps, On the Beach, Zuma, After the Gold Rush and Freedom. Harvest and Comes a Time are also excellent.

You can listen to his entire music archive at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 19, 2018 1:46 PM

r238 Oh, I knew, honey.

by Anonymousreply 242December 19, 2018 1:48 PM

Jerry is the major scale guitar god.

Neil is the minor scale guitar god.

by Anonymousreply 243December 19, 2018 2:32 PM

Rush?

Boston?

The Edgar Winter Group?

Kansas?

Pat Benatar?

Bad Company?

Steppenwolf?

by Anonymousreply 244December 19, 2018 11:03 PM

Boston... Poor Brad Delp...

by Anonymousreply 245December 20, 2018 3:07 AM

Kiss?

The Doobie Brothers?

Patti Smith?

Robert Palmer?

by Anonymousreply 246December 20, 2018 11:32 PM

R245, oMG, Delp was roommates with his fiancé' sister. She found a hidden camera in her bedroom that Delp had placed in there. WTF? He killed himself a short while after the camera was found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 20, 2018 11:49 PM

R246, I can tell you almost anything you want to know about KISS, including the fact that Ace swung both ways quite fluently. He was very much into assplay with women, frequently got physical with other men, and once gave Peter Criss a blowjob while Criss was in bed with weird groupie Connie Hamzy.

Gene would fuck any girl, and I do mean ANY girl. Short, fat, thin, old, young, mother-daughter combinations, black, white, Japanese, you name it. He was a complete mama's boy nerd and therefore went for it once he got into a band; in fact, getting laid was one of his sole motivations for forming a rock band. He contracted several STDs (once he gave the entire band crabs, because his sweaty costume was full of them and they used to pack their gear together) and I won't get into the story of how he once showed up to band rehearsal with menstrual blood in his teeth.

Whoops, I just did.

by Anonymousreply 248December 20, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]I can tell you almost anything you want to know about KISS

And quite a lot that you don't...

by Anonymousreply 249December 20, 2018 11:59 PM

Patti Smith?

Her husband Fred "Sonic" Smith didn't like her hanging around Mapplethorpe and the gays and took her back to Detroit where she had to be a housewife until he died in 1994.

by Anonymousreply 250December 21, 2018 12:10 AM

Brad Delp suicided by sealing himself in a room with a burning hibachi. The hot coals consumed all the oxygen and he died.

by Anonymousreply 251December 21, 2018 12:11 AM

Going back to David Crosby for a second - a quote from the producer of the Byrds:

“I’d have to say that, personally speaking, Crosby was worse for the good feelings of [the local] rock’n’roll [scene] than Manson was.” -Terry Melcher

by Anonymousreply 252December 21, 2018 12:24 AM

Why, R49? I was thinking of reading the Marianne Faithful one next.

Just finished the Syd Barrett one

by Anonymousreply 253December 21, 2018 12:26 AM

“David was obnoxious, loud, demanding, thoughtless, full of himself – of the four of them [David Crosby, Steven Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young], the least talented.” -David Geffen

by Anonymousreply 254December 21, 2018 12:28 AM

r250 I don't know that she felt "she had to". She refers to Fred as the love of her life. "Because the Night" is about them.

by Anonymousreply 255December 21, 2018 12:35 AM

Patti is not really Classic Rock, Fred could be a pig, and here is a site with some stories about her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 21, 2018 12:49 AM

Hey, you said David Crosby came from "megabucks" from both sides...Please explain,and what kind of Megabucks money are we talking about? (old $$$$,old California $$$$).

by Anonymousreply 257December 21, 2018 1:06 AM

R257

His parents were Aliph Van Cortlandt Whitehead (a descendent of the prominent Van Cortlandt family) and Floyd Crosby, an Academy Award–winning cinematographer and descendant of the Van Rensselaer family.

by Anonymousreply 258December 21, 2018 1:12 AM

David Van Cortlandt Crosby was born in Los Angeles, California. His parents were Aliph Van Cortlandt Whitehead (a descendent of the prominent Van Cortlandt family) and Floyd Crosby, an Academy Award–winning cinematographer and descendant of the Van Rensselaer family.[6] He is also the younger brother of musician Ethan Crosby. Growing up in California, he attended several schools, including the University Elementary School in Los Angeles, the Crane Country Day School in Montecito, and Laguna Blanca School in Santa Barbara for the rest of his elementary school and junior high.[7] At Crane, he starred in HMS Pinafore and other musicals but was asked not to return because of his lack of academic progress. He graduated from the Cate School in Carpinteria, completing his secondary studies by correspondence. In 1960, his parents divorced, and his father remarried Betty Andrews Crosby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 21, 2018 1:15 AM

From an Observer article about the latest Van Rensselaer (of course he believes in bootstraps and free market capitalism) --

Mr. Van Rensselaer knows something about how the country operated a long time ago: his great-, great-, many-times-over-great-grandfather of the same name was co-founder of the Dutch West India Company and presided over Rensselaerswyck, a swath of roughly 1,200 square miles of present-day upstate New York. The first Lord of the Manor, as he was called, expired in 1643, but the accomplishments of his descendents—count one general in the Revolutionary War, numerous congressmen, a couple lieutenant governors—assured the Van Rensselaer name longevity.

Wikipedia for the Van Cortlandt family (look, they're even included in the autocorrecr spellcheck, as are the Rensselaer family !):

Captain Olof Stevense Van Cortlandt, who was born in Wijk bij Duurstede, Netherlands, arrived in New Amsterdam in 1637. He was originally a soldier and bookkeeper who rose to high colonial ranks in service of the Dutch West India Company, serving many terms as burgomaster and alderman.[1] His descendants became involved in politics and married into the best American political and influential families including the Van Rensselaer family, Schuyler family, and Livingston families.

Van Cortlandt Park in Bronx, New York derives its name from the family. The town of Cortlandt to the north, in Westchester County, New York carries the family name as well. The Van Cortlandt House Museum was initially the residence of Frederick Van Cortlandt.

by Anonymousreply 260December 21, 2018 1:22 AM

Makes me understand why Melissa Etheridge chose him as a sperm donor...

by Anonymousreply 261December 21, 2018 1:34 AM

David Crosby and his father at link below.

(aside from the Jacksons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 21, 2018 1:37 AM

Mick jagger's dad was a famed sports professor.

by Anonymousreply 263December 21, 2018 1:52 AM

R256, I would not take ANYTHING that Legs McNeil says as authentic or gospel. I know the guy fairly well; he was, and still remains to this day, a complete fame-whore male groupie. He hung around the CBGB scene with his pal John Holmstrom (the one with actual talent who illustrated and wrote PUNK magazine) because he wanted to be famous. The guy is still stuck in 1975 and "those days" are all he talks about; he used to wait on Joey Ramone's stoop for hours, waiting for Joey to come home from wherever he was. Legs is a starfucker without fucking the stars, and it's no wonder Patti dismissed him when he approached her. She created a whole career for herself and then went on to raise a family; he created nothing and still clings to the coattails of those who did something. Patti knows who he is, and wants nothing to do with him. The callous way he sneered at Fred's death from alcoholism tells you everything you need to know about Roderick McNeil.

Oh, he was also turned down by Patti back in the 70s, so there's another reason for a small axe to grind on his part.

by Anonymousreply 264December 21, 2018 2:28 AM

With the 70s bands, it was all underage groupies, brands and labels, and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 265December 21, 2018 3:16 AM

R253 Do you really want to know what your idols are like? As Bob Seger put it, "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

by Anonymousreply 266December 21, 2018 3:31 AM

David Byrne turned down a 9 figure deal from Live Nation to reunite the Talking Heads.

by Anonymousreply 267December 21, 2018 3:32 AM

Grace Slick could outsing all of them.

by Anonymousreply 268December 21, 2018 4:50 AM

[quote]She refers to Fred as the love of her life.

Oh really? Then why does she never shut up about Mapplethorpe?

by Anonymousreply 269December 21, 2018 6:26 AM

I too wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. Thank you, internet. I wish I didn't know that Joni Mitchell is a bitter, vindictive crone, that Mick Jagger is a thieving bastard who drove his gf to suicide, that Jackson Browne did the same. Etc etc etc.

On a related note, I wish I didn't know that the divine Charles Algernon Swinburne was a BDSM devotee who frequented brothels where prostitutes would beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 270December 21, 2018 7:00 AM

[quote], I wish I didn't know that the divine Charles Algernon Swinburne was a BDSM devotee who frequented brothels where prostitutes would beat the shit out of him.

“Dolores” must have been a clue, surely?

by Anonymousreply 271December 21, 2018 11:49 AM

No, R271, I fondly imagined she was just a cold-hearted bitch of a girlfriend.

Always a joy to see how literate and erudite my fellow anonymous DL denizens are.

by Anonymousreply 272December 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Great thread, keep it coming. James and Carly stories?

by Anonymousreply 273December 21, 2018 2:22 PM

1980: Don Henley arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 21, 2018 3:09 PM

Janis Joplin had a girlfriend when she first move to San Francisco. Then she dumped the girlfriend and the woman hasn't shut up about it since (I think she wrote a book years ago called Going Down with Janis or something like that).

by Anonymousreply 275December 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Rod Stewart is uncut.

by Anonymousreply 276December 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Jim Morrison's father was a high up muckety muck in some branch of the service.

by Anonymousreply 277December 21, 2018 4:35 PM

Jim Morrison's dad was an Admiral in the US Navy, and part of the Gulf of Tonkin debacle.

by Anonymousreply 278December 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Going Down with Janis is the story of Peggy Serra(sic?) and her times with Janis. Impossible to put down, trashy as fuck( she watches Janis rim a guy), indiscrete to say the least. But boy was she there! The big issue in the relationship was heroin. When Janis got clean she wouldn't go near Peggy. Back and forth back and forth. Wild,exhausting times.

by Anonymousreply 279December 21, 2018 4:59 PM

R278 "part of" it? He was in command of it!

Wikipedia -- In 1963, Morrison took command of the Essex-class aircraft carrier USS Bon Homme Richard, flagship of a 3rd Fleet Carrier Division in the Pacific, and based at Naval Air Station Alameda, California. Morrison was in command of the Carrier Division during the controversial Gulf of Tonkin Incident in August 1964, which resulted effectively in the true beginning of the Vietnam War by President Lyndon Johnson.[6]

by Anonymousreply 280December 21, 2018 9:22 PM

Rick Derringer?

Ronnie Montrose?

Sammy Hagar?

The Isley Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 281December 21, 2018 10:01 PM

Any TOTO gossip?

by Anonymousreply 282December 21, 2018 11:55 PM

Yoko must be super jealous of Paul having a gay son, given her next-level fag hagging all these years.

by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2018 12:06 AM

And ToTo too?...?

by Anonymousreply 284December 22, 2018 12:08 AM

Note ticket prices

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 22, 2018 1:51 AM

Why did they never put the year on concert posters? ^

by Anonymousreply 286December 22, 2018 1:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 287December 22, 2018 1:57 AM

R284 I went to high school with Steve Lukather’s sister. We went to NYC. That’s all I got.

by Anonymousreply 288December 22, 2018 7:21 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 289December 22, 2018 10:42 PM

R281 I assume you know about Mr. Biggs tax dodging. He gets a pass for being the smoothest fucker on the planet, though.

by Anonymousreply 290December 22, 2018 10:56 PM

What about the band Kansas?

by Anonymousreply 291December 23, 2018 3:54 AM

This thread inspired me to look up bands i liked in the 70s since I realized I didn't know much about many, other than their music.

Ian Anderson seems typical of rockers not boffing children and congratulating themselves for consuming name brands. He got kicked out of school for not being willing to play the game, developed talents and quirks, made his music, and now enjoys hobbies in a renovated farm house.

by Anonymousreply 292December 23, 2018 6:38 AM

The bass player of Kansas is now a retired Anglican priest, his quirk, other than the mustache and ever present cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 293December 23, 2018 6:58 AM

There are probably a lot of guys like that in the state of Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 294December 23, 2018 3:00 PM

Lindsay Buckingham may have raped several groupies. A blind item earlier this year alluded to as much.

by Anonymousreply 295December 23, 2018 3:21 PM

R189 There are some big holes in that BI. And if you noticed, we are now just a week from the end of 2018 ad no big reveal.

by Anonymousreply 296December 23, 2018 5:04 PM

Billy Squier?

Heart?

Judas Priest?

Yes?

Motorhead?

by Anonymousreply 297December 23, 2018 7:32 PM

I wonder if Heart nailed their groupies.

by Anonymousreply 298December 23, 2018 7:49 PM

Earth, Wind & Fire?

Vanilla Fudge?

Jeff Beck?

The Kinks?

Kenny Loggins?

by Anonymousreply 299December 23, 2018 9:38 PM

Billy Squier was born wealthy to rich old line Boston bankers, he grew up in Wellesley Hills. He's now married with kids and lives in a posho spread in the exclusive San Remo in NYC, living off the royalties from his old hits and his inherited $. I think he occasionally goes out on tour with some of those classic rock groups, he was in Ringo's All Stars a few years ago I think.

by Anonymousreply 300December 24, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote] I wonder if Heart nailed their groupies.

I'd bet on it. They were real barracudas.

by Anonymousreply 301December 24, 2018 1:15 AM

Never!

by Anonymousreply 302December 24, 2018 1:17 AM

R300 thanks for that because I knew he lived in the San Remo and I couldn’t imagine how he could still be living there off his couple of hits. Well now I know.

by Anonymousreply 303December 24, 2018 1:42 AM

"Billy Squier was born wealthy to rich old line Boston bankers, he grew up in Wellesley Hills. He's now married..."

To a woman? I thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 304December 24, 2018 1:45 AM

No prob r303. He also may have been an only child iirc. His Wikipedia entry says he also has a spread out in Hamptons as well as the NYC pad.

He's married to a former German professional soccer player r304. Female.

by Anonymousreply 305December 24, 2018 1:46 AM

Mick Jagger is a thief? I just thought he was stingy.

by Anonymousreply 306December 24, 2018 1:49 AM

r304 This video may have something to do with your confusion. It really is pretty fucking gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 24, 2018 1:49 AM

R304 I assumed as much too.

by Anonymousreply 308December 24, 2018 1:50 AM

That's because it was directed by chickenhawk director extraordinaire, Kenny Ortega r307 and 308.

by Anonymousreply 309December 24, 2018 2:19 AM

Billy Squire must have some serious family $$$ to afford the San Remo and a place in the Hamptons, and to still be living that kind of lifestyle all these years later. His music career was never that big, and it was pretty much over more than 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 310December 24, 2018 2:29 AM

All I know is his dad was either a Boston banker/investor, or the son of one. Old line Brahmins, to boot. Meaning inherited money and a certain frugality and high sense of privacy.

Let's put it this way; despite multiple Google searches, NOTHING comes up re Squier's parents - no names, info, etc. Blank - nothing even in his Wiki entry. That's called cleaning, meaning he or his family don't want that info out there.

by Anonymousreply 311December 24, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]Old line Brahmins, to boot. Meaning inherited money and a certain frugality and high sense of privacy.

Don't forget the Illuminati connections.

by Anonymousreply 312December 24, 2018 2:46 AM

I hope you're kidding r312. I didn't sense sarcasm there.

Blue blood Bostonians are the last people who'd have patience for kind of nonsense. They have no desire to rule the world - just their yacht club in Chatham.

by Anonymousreply 313December 24, 2018 2:50 AM

Has anyone heard the rumors that Jon Bon Jovi is gay? I can see it, he pings.

by Anonymousreply 314December 24, 2018 2:52 AM

Graham, Stephen and Neil should try doing SN&Y - fuck that fat ass walrus David Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 315December 24, 2018 2:52 AM

Squier's in a convenience with his wife. Both need to beard.

by Anonymousreply 316December 24, 2018 2:53 AM

"Stevie Nicks is all kinds of crazy but was madly in love/obsessed with Tom Petty for 30 plus years. Knowing she was a nut job, he avoided getting physical with her (though they did work together)."

There were more than friends. She wouldn't leave him alone. He said she always "insisted on being in my life." A biographer of Petty named Warren Zanes asked him flat out if they were ever a romantic couple. Petty said no. Zanes said “I pushed on this question, saying to [Tom], after he told me they weren’t a couple, ‘You sure sound like a couple.’ Tom looked at me and said, ‘We had our times.’” I interpret that cryptic statement as meaning that although they were never an official couple they still had "times" where they had sex. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. From the way Nicks continuously goes on about him it's obvious that she was in love with him, and not in a "friendship" way.

by Anonymousreply 317December 24, 2018 3:00 AM

Speaking of Tom Petty, his divorce from Jane would have been more acrimonious had she not slapped a gag order on him. One of her accusations was that he'd given her a scorching case of herpes. One of his daughters was so upset by the split and him seeing Dana that she threw rocks at his Jag.

by Anonymousreply 318December 24, 2018 3:47 AM

ewww gross! Tom Petty has herpes. I'm not surprised. All the rock stars and actors have them.

by Anonymousreply 319December 24, 2018 3:49 AM

HAD, r319. He died in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 320December 24, 2018 3:55 AM

Pat Benatar let loose with some gossip in her memoir:

"That tour was the only time I ever trashed a hotel room. Spyder and I were arguing, and I was screaming at him about one thing or another. We were both raging mad, and I went into the bathroom and slammed the toilet seat down, breaking it in two. I was horrified! It stopped the argument cold. It was such an out-of-character moment, but in an instant we both could see just how bad things had gotten. "

by Anonymousreply 321December 24, 2018 4:42 AM

Jagger and Richards stole songwriting credits, techniques and music from numerous people, especially their own band mates. That is why Mick Taylor, their most gifted and beautiful guitarist, who contributed to their best work, left in 1975.

Some others - Ry Cooder, Bill Wyman, Gram Parsons, Marianne Faithfull, Ronnie Wood, Peter Tosh, Rory Gallagher.

by Anonymousreply 322December 24, 2018 6:09 AM

The Stones are petty criminals compared to musical grand larceny of Led Zep.

by Anonymousreply 323December 24, 2018 7:35 AM

Janis Joplin was a bit on the promiscuous side...

by Anonymousreply 324December 24, 2018 10:09 AM

Stevie Nicks wrote Silver Springs about Lindsey Buckingham. She got the idea while they were driving under the Silver Springs, MD highway sign.

by Anonymousreply 325December 24, 2018 1:37 PM

Then why the "S" at the end of "Spring," r325?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 24, 2018 1:41 PM

Sounds better.

by Anonymousreply 327December 24, 2018 2:56 PM

And still, no one will talk about how Stevie Nicks kicked my daughter in the cunt bone!

by Anonymousreply 328December 24, 2018 3:09 PM

Vagina bone sounds better.

by Anonymousreply 329December 24, 2018 3:12 PM

Why did you kick her in the vagina bone, Stevie?

With steel toed boots!

by Anonymousreply 330December 24, 2018 3:26 PM

No, it doesn't, r327. It sounds wrong.

by Anonymousreply 331December 24, 2018 4:41 PM

“At the edge of seventy years old, Stevie can still kick a bitch in the vagina bone like nobody’s business.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 24, 2018 4:42 PM

OW DAMN YOU CRAZY WITCH!

OW!

by Anonymousreply 333December 24, 2018 4:43 PM

Peter Wolf was married to Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 334December 24, 2018 4:58 PM

R334 that's not gossip, that's an easily verifiable fact.

by Anonymousreply 335December 24, 2018 5:24 PM

R331 go get a hobby.

by Anonymousreply 336December 24, 2018 7:16 PM

Are you certain that the name Silver Springs did not come from Silver Springs in Florida? Not that this means anything, but it just happens to be very close to where Tom Petty grew up. Or, perhaps she was playing a gig at UF and saw the sign on the highway?

As or Jon Bon Jovi, I truly think he is gay in the same way that Billy Squier is gay. In other words, he looks and acts it at times, but he isn't. He was so pretty when he was young, I knew straight dudes who said they would be tempted.

The thing is, forget the fact that he's married with kids---I know 3 different girls who have fucked him and he is a fuck machine. Well, I should have said he WAS a fuck machine in the 80s. And we all know about his relationship with Diane Lane back then. Then he broke it off with her for yet another beauty.

by Anonymousreply 337December 24, 2018 7:23 PM

John Rzeznik?

by Anonymousreply 338December 24, 2018 7:31 PM

R338, nine inch nails? very, very short. Pass!

by Anonymousreply 339December 24, 2018 7:36 PM

R339, Nine Inch Nails = Trent Reznor. John Rzeznik = Goo Goo Dolls

by Anonymousreply 340December 24, 2018 7:58 PM

Here's Cynthia (Real Housewives, Atlanta) showing you what to do when getting attacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 24, 2018 8:05 PM

R337

Diane Lane? Fill me in!

by Anonymousreply 342December 24, 2018 8:18 PM

So what, R337. He pings to high heaven and his wife is probably just a beard. He's prettier than she is!

by Anonymousreply 343December 24, 2018 8:20 PM

Meh, he married his high school sweetheart to be the mother of his children. He had many affairs with models and actresses, but when he was ready for kids, he did what a LOT of celebs and athletes do: he married a girl who loved him before he was famous and had money. They are all insecure about gold diggers, so that is the only way they can be sure the girl really is in it for the right reasons.

I feel sorry for her having to read and hear how homely she is for 30+ years.

by Anonymousreply 344December 24, 2018 8:28 PM

I don't think she's homely, R344, I just think he's prettier.

There was a DLer who said he knew that Jon slept with men in his younger days.

by Anonymousreply 345December 24, 2018 8:30 PM

I mean.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 24, 2018 8:38 PM

And.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 24, 2018 8:39 PM

He does nothing for me, r347 r346.

by Anonymousreply 348December 24, 2018 8:40 PM

Nicolette Larson Dies at Age 45

She'd died as a result of complications due to massive liver failure. The rumor is she was an alcoholic who'd medicated herself with massive amounts of Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen. Deadly combination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 24, 2018 8:41 PM

Does this look like a guy who slept with men in his younger days? Lol at the pants being so tight, he's having trouble walking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 24, 2018 8:42 PM

Yes, R350.

by Anonymousreply 351December 24, 2018 8:44 PM

There’s ALWAYS someone on every thread where there is a gay rumor about a male celebrity who intones, “I personally know three girls that he has fucked and they as rave that he’s a fuck machine! He’s completely straight, Mary. Obsess over someone else, Queens!”

by Anonymousreply 352December 24, 2018 8:50 PM

Right, R352?! Especially when that poster said that Bon Jovi looks gay and acts gay, but isn't gay, lol.

by Anonymousreply 353December 24, 2018 8:55 PM

R347/R346 Look, I am not trying to be argumentative, but I will leave you with this: did you ever see Tommy Lee in his performing get ups?

He wore a full face of makeup on his(then) beautiful mug. He often wore chaps with just a jock strap and he was infamous for pulling out his dick at nearly every performance. It was that whole 80s hair band thing. Same with Brett Michaels. Brett was always prettied up with girly makeup and feminine stage clothes.

Perhaps you are too young to remember that era?

by Anonymousreply 354December 24, 2018 8:58 PM

A Dler said he knew a guy that fucked Jon years ago.

by Anonymousreply 355December 24, 2018 8:59 PM

I know what you're saying, R354 but those guys didn't ping the way Jon did/does. Even with short hair, Jon pinged. He still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 24, 2018 9:04 PM

He pings because he's pretty? That's the only thing remotely gay about Bon Jovi.

by Anonymousreply 357December 24, 2018 9:13 PM

And he's not even pretty anymore. And that's a compliment. He's a handsome daddy.

by Anonymousreply 358December 24, 2018 9:20 PM

DL has had insiders report on Jon’s gay activities. That’s as valid as anyone else on this anonymous board.

by Anonymousreply 359December 24, 2018 9:22 PM

Not only because he's pretty, R357, it's more than that.

by Anonymousreply 360December 24, 2018 9:26 PM

R352

There's always one sister who insists the guy was a pusshound.

And another that swears on a stack of his porn magazines that so and so was sucking cock at a bathhouse once.

by Anonymousreply 361December 24, 2018 9:28 PM

The outfits at [346] and [347] aren't gay. They're New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 362December 24, 2018 9:31 PM

What the hell is that get up at R347?

by Anonymousreply 363December 24, 2018 10:08 PM

So what? He probably has herpes from all the groupies he fucked. I think I remember reading they toured pretty much non stop for 10 years!

by Anonymousreply 364December 24, 2018 10:21 PM

Suzi Quatro?

by Anonymousreply 365December 24, 2018 11:30 PM

One of Lindsey's exes, Carol Ann Harris wrote a book about her time with him and her description of his Jeckyl/Hyde personality jives with some stories of his abusive attitude with Stevie. Apparently when he drank or was coked up, he'd turn mean and violent. He once chased Stevie down and tried to strangle her on top of a car, the incident where Christine slapped him came when he mocked her onstage in some grotesque parody. Apparently Stevie's final straw with him was when he did much the same at an industry event-she got tired of the disrespect and him being such a huge asshole. And bonus gossip on Lindsey, his exes have been a string of ethereal blondes a la Nicks, including Anne Heche (not sure if this was pre or post her fling with Steve Martin) but definitely was before her fling with Ellen Degeneres and her retreat back into hetrosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 366December 24, 2018 11:53 PM

r350 Jon managed to have four children even though he should have moose knuckled himself into sterility in that video.

by Anonymousreply 367December 25, 2018 12:09 AM

Who knows anything about Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains?

by Anonymousreply 368December 25, 2018 12:35 AM

Alice in Chains is not Classic Rock

Neither is Bon Jovi

Dave Mason is Classic Rock.

So is J. Giles and Arrowsmith.

by Anonymousreply 369December 25, 2018 1:15 AM

Bon Jovi is played on classic rock stations now. Their heyday was a LONG fucking time ago.

by Anonymousreply 370December 25, 2018 1:18 AM

By some standards, Bon Jovi (first hit the charts in the early 80s) and AiC (early 90s) are in fact Classic Rock.

Some purists stick to the standard that "Classic Rock" is that which was released and popular pre-1980.

by Anonymousreply 371December 25, 2018 1:19 AM

Arrowsmith??

by Anonymousreply 372December 25, 2018 1:28 AM

Thinking mushed by Mom's very strong eggnog -- Aerosmith.

Sinclair Lewis would be pleased, however.

by Anonymousreply 373December 25, 2018 1:30 AM

Bon Jovi fans were total white trash.

by Anonymousreply 374December 25, 2018 1:36 AM

always hated Bon Jovi's corny music and his horrible singing. Same with Axl Rose and those homophobic sexist hair bands.

by Anonymousreply 375December 25, 2018 2:12 AM

R337, it’s Maryland. Non Jovi is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 376December 25, 2018 3:13 AM

Bon Jovi.

by Anonymousreply 377December 25, 2018 3:14 AM

Led Zep is classic rock, not fucking Jon Bon Jovi

by Anonymousreply 378December 25, 2018 3:30 AM

Bon Jovi is now considered classic rock.

I don't think he's gay but I'm sure he's experimented with men more than once.

by Anonymousreply 379December 25, 2018 4:36 AM

Bon Jovi is 80s

by Anonymousreply 380December 25, 2018 4:52 AM

80s IS classic rock to Millennials and Gen Zs.

by Anonymousreply 381December 25, 2018 5:15 AM

Millennials and Gen Zs don't count. Let them hear rap.

by Anonymousreply 382December 25, 2018 5:20 AM

If it’s being played on classic rock stations it’s now considered classic rock. Obviously more recent stuff will get included every year.

I’m pretty sure the first classic rock station began sometime in 1983. Back then it’s was just about The Beatles, Stones, LED Zep, and Pink Floyd. And I guess the Doors and The Who.

Even bands like Boston and Aerosmith arent ones that were always considered classic rock.

by Anonymousreply 383December 25, 2018 5:43 AM

Fuck, Nirvana and Pearl Jam are now classic rock!

It's just the cycle of life I guess, as much as it makes me feel old. When I was a teen in the 90s bands like Led Zep and the Rolling Stones seemed ancient even then, even though I liked them. It just seemed to me like SUCH a long time before. Now of course, today's teens feel the same way about the 90s bands of my generation. That's just how the time goes....

by Anonymousreply 384December 25, 2018 6:27 AM

Here's some iced tea to hold you until some new gossip comes along. Merry Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 25, 2018 10:00 AM

r385 How come that thread got to 781 replies before closing?

by Anonymousreply 386December 25, 2018 12:18 PM

I think threads went as high as 1000 back then, r386.

by Anonymousreply 387December 25, 2018 1:30 PM

Rick Derringer?

Edgar Winter?

Black Oak Arkansas?

Outlaws?

by Anonymousreply 388December 25, 2018 2:36 PM

Dickie Betts?

by Anonymousreply 389December 25, 2018 2:56 PM

Jerry Cantrell, please. Even though ya'll don't consider them classic rock. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 390December 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Dennis DeYoung?

Styx?

Atalanta Rhythm Section?

by Anonymousreply 391December 25, 2018 10:47 PM

Lou Christie

by Anonymousreply 392December 26, 2018 12:11 AM

Lou Christie self-admittedly was two-faced.

by Anonymousreply 393December 26, 2018 12:29 AM

Classic Rock:

Paul Butterfield

Roger Daltrey

Alvin lee

Joe Cocker

by Anonymousreply 394December 26, 2018 12:30 AM

Which member of Led Zepplin was it that was rumored to be a kiddie rapist and a Satan worshipper?

by Anonymousreply 395December 26, 2018 4:01 AM

That was Jimmy Page R395. He's a friend of a friend and apparently a pretty nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 396December 26, 2018 4:03 AM

But he did abduct a 13/14-year-old girl and keep her as his girlfriend, the girl now woman has said that was true herself so "nice guy" doesn't really apply.

by Anonymousreply 397December 26, 2018 4:06 AM

R396, is your "friend" a sixteen yr. old girl?

by Anonymousreply 398December 26, 2018 5:57 AM

R394 I’m in the biz, Roger Daltrey is a nice guy. He gives great hugs. I have a picture with him in my collection.

by Anonymousreply 399December 26, 2018 8:35 AM

Is Pete Townsend a pervert like everyone thinks?

by Anonymousreply 400December 26, 2018 8:39 AM

Je ne sais pas.

by Anonymousreply 401December 26, 2018 8:50 AM

r400 Yes. By his own admission, and by Daltrey's undisguised disgust.

by Anonymousreply 402December 26, 2018 12:30 PM

R397 is that Lori Maddox?

by Anonymousreply 403December 26, 2018 12:35 PM

Who dabbled in the homosex in Journey, Styx and Foreigner?

Is Dennis de Young really as wholesome as his church-going Catholic, married to he same woman for 50 years rep makes him seem?

Is Neal Schon back on the substances as his recent twitter meltdowns suggest?

Why will Steve Perry still have nothing to do with him or anyone in Journey?

by Anonymousreply 404December 26, 2018 12:45 PM

Suzi Quatro?

by Anonymousreply 405December 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Nick Lowe?

by Anonymousreply 406December 26, 2018 2:10 PM

@cassiemurdoch

My 3 year old is so obsessed with David Byrne that all he wanted from Santa was an electric guitar, a mic, and a ‘Stop Making Sense’ suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 26, 2018 2:13 PM

R404, the long-time bass player from Styx, Chuck Panozzo is gay. (He founded the band with his twin brother, who was the drummer.) In 2001, he announced that he's gay and living with HIV.

by Anonymousreply 408December 26, 2018 2:52 PM

For those of you who insist that Jimmy Page or any other 60s/70s rockers were pedos, pervs and creeps because they indulged in groupie sex with girls 13 and up, PLEASE understand that was a different time. Today's morals and judgments did not apply then. They were photographed openly with these chicks---nothing was hidden nor was anyone cluck clucking about it. Sorry if that bugs you, but I was there and I am speaking the god's honest truth. There were several mainstream magazines(Creem for one) which specialized in following the lives of Sable Starr, Cyrinda Foxe and all the famous groupies' activities. Does that sound like they were doing something illegal and shameful? The groupies were almost as famous as their rockers, and just about every 14 year old girl wanted to be them.

Look at it like this: do you throw a fit over men in biblical times or even the 18th century marrying 14 year old girls? Likely not, because you know that different times did not adhere to today's rules. Another analogy would be judging a person in the 40s/50s who did not behave around black folks as we should today to be a racist. No. They were simply living by the rules of society and they knew no different.(I do not mean acts of cruelty...I mean things like sitting down on the bus while a black person has to stand sort of thing.)

Just lighten up please, and if you cannot, then return to the Woody Allen and Jeffrey Epstein threads where you can judge to your heart's content.

by Anonymousreply 409December 26, 2018 3:00 PM

Marianne Faithfull's son Nick Dunbar is a British finance guru with the wonkiest twitter presence you ever did see.

by Anonymousreply 410December 26, 2018 3:03 PM

A pervert is a pervert no matter if it was "a different time" R409 sex with children was gross then and it's gross now.

by Anonymousreply 411December 26, 2018 3:05 PM

I remember reading that Deborah Harry was placed into involuntary psychiatric hold during one of Blondie's early tours across in the UK, in '76 or '77 and some shows were cancelled. Whether it was just a random freakout or drug related? I know she sometimes had a really nasty time dealing with the press over there, and kind of withdrew as a result.

by Anonymousreply 412December 26, 2018 3:38 PM

[quote]For those of you who insist that Jimmy Page or any other 60s/70s rockers were pedos, pervs and creeps because they indulged in groupie sex with girls 13 and up, PLEASE understand that was a different time.

PLEASE. A grown man having sex with young teenage girls was just as sickening and appalling to the majority of people in the 60s and 70s as it is now.

by Anonymousreply 413December 26, 2018 3:43 PM

R409 =. Pedo.

by Anonymousreply 414December 26, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote]understand that was a different time.

The Gospel According to Polanski and Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 415December 26, 2018 3:59 PM

For the love of god, what is wrong with you bitches? I said I was there and I was, and I am telling you that NO ONE was looking askance at a rocker in his 20s with a teenage girl. These girls had parents, and while I cannot speak for Lori Maddox's parents, Cyrinda's mom was proud her daughter's fame and kept a scrapbook of all her shenanigans. Did anyone see Kate Hudson in Almost Famous? Was it handled as if the guy in Stillwater was an outcast pervert? My boyfriend was in the group Lynyrd Skynyrd, and one of the girls who traveled with us was Linda Blair who was 14 at the time. She was there with her parents' approval, and she has remained friends with the band even today. Her mom even came to some of the gigs in '73-'74.

I am not a pedo apologist, but you assholes just don't seem to be able to grasp that history was not always what we YOU would like it to have been. But that does not mean that it didn't happen the way I am saying it did.

Answer this, if people thought it was disgusting, odd or just in bad taste, why was it so openly flaunted, covered in the media, ad yet no authorities ever attempted to stop it in any way? When Mama Cass was singing about "young girls are coming to the canyon" she did not mean girls above 18. When you look at photos of the flower children in San Fran in the 60s, they were mostly from 15-21. And please don't forget Woodstock. That place was filled to the brim with naked teen girls on acid and openly have love ins with any and all.

Grow the fuck up and stop being so Puritanical ladies. You sound like old spinsters who are jealous that you were never sought after in your youth.

by Anonymousreply 416December 26, 2018 4:58 PM

R416, your last sentence is chillingly scary. You are fucked in the head if you think that a 15-year-old is better off dating a 30-year-old man than a boy her own age. Either you're trying to justify your own abuse, or you're trying to justify your abuse of someone else.

Instead of "seeing the world", a 15-year-old girl should be seeing a pre-algebra book. Imagine being a teen and following a dude twice your age around the world. And rock stars' girlfriends HAVE to follow them on tour to watch them and make sure they remain faithful sexually. It would be a lot easier for a rocker to cheat on a naive 15-year-old, even if she went on tour with him. And if you're a 15-year-old girl traveling across the world with a man twice your age, then your parents obviously don't give a fuck about you. By the time the dude gets tired of you and throws you aside (for someone younger...ew), you would be too old to go back to high school. So, I guess college is out of the question, then. But that's OK, you got to fuck an old dude, and you have the genital warts to prove it. After the warts fade, the HPV virus resurfaces as cervical cancer. The younger the woman started having sex with infected men, the more likely she's gonna get hit with that.

by Anonymousreply 417December 26, 2018 5:25 PM

R416, I saw "Almost Famous", and the main character has an epiphany when he sees the rock stars trading groupies like they're slaves. e.g. if you give me that guitar, I'll give you this guitar and this groupie. The kid recognized that the rockstars were pretty much assholes, even if he did enjoy their music.

by Anonymousreply 418December 26, 2018 5:31 PM

Is R416 a woman?

by Anonymousreply 419December 26, 2018 6:05 PM

R417 My own abuse? Love, I ended up married and richer than you could imagine. I lead a fabulous life as did many of those poor, sad unloved daughters you spoke of.

I do not wish to belabor this discussion. I have said what I wanted to say. But it is crystal clear that you know very little about that time and its mores. Not every girl with the band was being traded and swapped, or left behind for someone younger and prettier. I was the ripe old age of 19, and my man was 23. I was literally the old lady of the band's girl friends. The people I met(promoters, agents, managers and other artists set me up for a life I could have only dreamed of. I am a widow now, but I have such memories of world tours, White House visits, flights on the Concorde and much more. I would not trade my life for anyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 420December 26, 2018 6:54 PM

R420, FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 421December 26, 2018 7:57 PM

R420's post sounds a lot like the lyrics to that cheesy song, "I've been to paradise, I've never been to Me." Well if you were 19, then you had a chance to complete your education, and you were paired with a man only a few years older than you, so you had it much better than those 15-year-olds who were "dating" grown-ass men. Were they all hangin' at the White House, too? Yeah, I'll bet President Carter was real impressed by that.

by Anonymousreply 422December 26, 2018 8:08 PM

R420, that's great. Lots of people have enjoyed those same things...without having to trade their body for it. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 423December 26, 2018 8:12 PM

Elvin Bishop's daughter Selina and ex-wife Jennifer Villarin were murdered in August 2000.[13] The culprits were later identified as Selina's then-boyfriend Glenn Taylor Helzer, Helzer's brother Justin Helzer, and accomplice Dawn Godman. The murders reportedly occurred as part of a scheme to extort money from an elderly couple from Concord, California.[14][15] Both killers were sentenced to death for the murders; Justin Helzer, blind and partially paralyzed from an attempt on his own life while incarcerated, committed suicide in San Quentin prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424December 26, 2018 8:28 PM

" I was the ripe old age of 19, and my man was 23. I was literally the old lady of the band's girl friends. The people I met(promoters, agents, managers and other artists set me up for a life I could have only dreamed of. I am a widow now, but I have such memories of world tours, White House visits, flights on the Concorde and much more. I would not trade my life for anyone else's."

Since you want us all to know what a "fabulous" life you led, tell us who your "man" was. Let's have some details, because quite frankly you seem like a fantasist of gargantuan proportions. "White House visits?" Dear, you sound like you are totally full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 425December 26, 2018 8:29 PM

R420, Happy for you that the lifestyle worked out to be so positive. Still wonder what happened to all of the non-famous groupies who were young teens drinking & drugging & partying rather than going to junior high school. Yes there have always been very irresponsible "parents."

by Anonymousreply 426December 26, 2018 8:57 PM

Did R420 recruit teenagers to share with her man?

Is that why she finds it so hot?

by Anonymousreply 427December 26, 2018 9:10 PM

I think r427 is onto something.

by Anonymousreply 428December 26, 2018 9:27 PM

R420 = an old frau attempting to relive her "glory days". Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 429December 26, 2018 9:30 PM

I agree with 420's assessment of that time. Most of those girls grew up and had normal lives and great memories and bragging rights. We were all pretty loose, it was a different time. R231 I agree about the book. It doesn't ring true. I lived in Laurel Canyon during the late sixties.

by Anonymousreply 430December 26, 2018 10:34 PM

"Most of those girls grew up and had normal lives and great memories and bragging rights."

Most of those girls must have had the IQs of rocks if they thought being a sperm receptacle for some asshole gave them "bragging rights." I'm reminded of Pamela Des Barres, the so-called "Queen of the Groupies." I read her memoir; she considered her life as a cocksucking (she did a LOT of that), loosey goosey groupie fun times and something to be envied. But I didn't envy her. Poor thing, she thought she and Jimmy Page were "in love" and believed he was seriously considering marrying her. But he ended up dumping her for 14 year old Lori Maddox. He tossed her aside like an old rag, but that still didn't keep her from servicing him whenever Led Zeppelin came "roaring" back into town. Led Zeppelin was legendary when it came to abusing groupies. Remember the "shark" incident? Actually, that was only the tip of the iceberg. In a Led Zeppelin biography it was said that when the groupies were brought to the band and their crew it was like they were taken to be "sacrificed."

by Anonymousreply 431December 26, 2018 10:48 PM

Sorry, but a 13/14 year old girl can't consent to have sex with a grown man and the ones spouting this It was a different time bullshit are just fucked in the head.

by Anonymousreply 432December 26, 2018 10:51 PM

It's a WOMAN stating this. A STRAIGHT WOMAN on a gay site.

by Anonymousreply 433December 26, 2018 10:52 PM

R432

I agree that a 13 y/o can not give consent to a grown man. However, R420 said she was 19y/o and her guy was 23 y/o. I see nothing wrong with that. Those are 2 legal adults.

by Anonymousreply 434December 26, 2018 10:54 PM

R434, That woman is stating that "it was a different time" and it was okay for 13 year old girls to get fucked by older men. She says it was just fine back then. She doesn't care about consent because... "it was a different time back then."

by Anonymousreply 435December 26, 2018 10:58 PM

We don't allow 18 year olds to drink but we let them serve in the military, buy property, go to prison, vote, etc, etc. Let's not pretend that one single age confirms a person's full emotional/mental consent towards sex. Some people are "ready" at 14 (I was), others aren't emotionally/mentally ready at 24. This age thing is just a social construct, forever changing depending on the times and the culture.

by Anonymousreply 436December 26, 2018 11:01 PM

If a person is "ready" at age 14, then that person should be "ready" for someone their own age (give or take a year or two). A 14-year-old being "ready" for a 29-year-old is twisted. In a case like this, it would be the parents' job to set and enforce boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 437December 26, 2018 11:06 PM

Pedo Apologist/Pedo Alert at R436!

by Anonymousreply 438December 26, 2018 11:15 PM

R436 No, it's a legal thing. Try pleading "social construct" when the parents of your 14-year-old partner calls the cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 26, 2018 11:19 PM

Most of them were not 13. Most were mid-teens 15 and up and a lot of them could make themselves look older. I had sex with much older guys in their early 20's because the young guys didn't know what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 440December 26, 2018 11:19 PM

Is there some way to get rid of this pedo apologist creep?

by Anonymousreply 441December 26, 2018 11:20 PM

I remember reading a jim morrison biography and the author talking about how a teenage girl passed out and "everyone took a poke at her". It was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 442December 26, 2018 11:25 PM

R442 They did that at frat parties where Kavanaugh went to school. That was disgusting too.

by Anonymousreply 443December 26, 2018 11:29 PM

A prior roommate spoke of lying to her minister father, and riding with her girlfriends from Riverside, CA to Sunset Strip nightclubs to party with the up and coming rock stars. Coming from a very abusive childhood, she was into the bizarre S&M scene by age 16. The sex life of these groupies is nowhere near normal.

by Anonymousreply 444December 26, 2018 11:30 PM

ABANDON THREAD!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 445December 26, 2018 11:41 PM

Not sure if Nirvana is classic rock, but when I was 13 I saw them play in a backyard BBQ in Long Beach, just south of LA. It was 1991, but early in the year. I remember they were REALLY loud and I loved them instantly. I don't remember Kurt that much. I didn't know I should be paying more attention!

by Anonymousreply 446December 26, 2018 11:57 PM

In 1978, Joe Cocker moved onto a ranch owned by Jane Fonda in Santa Barbara, California. Pam Baker, a local summer camp director and fan of Cocker's music, persuaded the actress to lend the house to Cocker. Baker began dating Cocker, and they married on 11 October 1987.[56] The couple resided on the Mad Dog Ranch in Crawford, Colorado.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 27, 2018 12:05 AM

Who's calling to abandon the thread? It's about classic rock gossip and discussion and that's what we're doing. Discussion re teen groupies is part of that, it was a huge part of the scene in the late 60s and 70s.

Look it's gross and illegal to hook up with a 14 year old now, it was gross and illegal then too, but as stated the cultural norms were very different then. 14 year olds in my high school regularly dated 20 and 21 year olds, it was considered quite a catch to get an 'older guy'. To take him to prom was a huge coup. No one thought anything of it. Today that would not be considered or allowed.

Women as young at 15 and 16 were married off not even 150 years ago. Heck sometimes even 100 years ago. Times and norms have changed and we now no longer allow or want this.

Also it's fair to note that many rock stars of the 60s and 70s did not have a way to -check- how old a girl was, other than asking her and taking her word. If she said 16 or 17, that was it. Teens didn't get their drivers license with the regularity they do nowadays, and even if they had it they didn't carry it - no one had the need for id like we do today. A simpler time, you took someone's word and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 448December 27, 2018 1:00 AM

btw Nick Dunbar mentioned at r410, Marianne Faithfull's son - his education was allegedly partially paid for by Mick Jagger if rumor is to be believed. He loved him as a kid and felt maybe a bit guilty about what happened to Marianne, and chose to take care of him that way.

by Anonymousreply 449December 27, 2018 1:02 AM

R448 gets off on thinking about old rock stars with 14 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 450December 27, 2018 1:05 AM

Umm no r450 but you keep on keeping on. Just trying to be rational re an academic subject. Didn't mean to "trigger" and all.

by Anonymousreply 451December 27, 2018 1:07 AM

Back in the seventies underage girls being fucked by adult rock stars was considered no big deal. It was disgusting and revolting but more or less accepted as typical rock star behavior. Linda Blair had a very public affair with Rick Springfield. He was 24; she was 15. Her parents, who were of the "anything your little heart desires" school of parenting, denied their little movie star darling nothing. They actually allowed him to share a bedroom with her in the family home. She would be all over him in public, once in a restaurant with her older sister in attendance. After that affair fizzled, she moved another guy in, and they didn't bat an eye at that either. As for Springfield, he later commented that if he'd done the deed with a 15 year old in these times he probably would be "lynched" but hey, it was the seventies. Blair said that at their first meeting it was "love at first sight for both of them" but in his memoir he barely mentions her. He said he found her somewhat attractive and that he taught her about sex and she was an "eager pupil." Obviously the relationship meant a lot more to her than it did to him.

by Anonymousreply 452December 27, 2018 1:13 AM

[quote]Another analogy would be judging a person in the 40s/50s who did not behave around black folks as we should today to be a racist.

It was still racism then, dipshit. That's why there was a Civil Rights Movement.

Also, just because some parents allowed their kids to run wild in the 60s and 70s doesn't mean that everyone thought it was harmless. My dad had some very unflattering descriptive words for my roommate, who traveled with a band for 6 months when she was 17. I can't imagine what he would have said if she'd only been 13 or 14.

I'm not judging young girls for getting their groove on back then, I'm just pointing out that it was NOT considered normal, no matter what the standards were 200 years ago that you're comparing them to.

by Anonymousreply 453December 27, 2018 1:22 AM

Let me help put out the DL outrage fire with more gasoline.

Famed songwriter, Jimmy Webb ("Up, Up & Away", "Galveston", "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" and dozens more) met his first wife when she was [italic]very[/italic] underage. Here's an excerpt from his Wikipedia entry about it:

[quote]In 1974, Webb married 18 year-old Patricia 'Patsy' Sullivan, a model-cover girl and youngest child of screen actor Barry Sullivan and Swedish actress and model Gita Hall. The couple met posing for the cover of Teen when she was twelve years old. Sources say their age difference at the time caused a lot of criticism from the press due to Patsy's young age. Walking down the aisle at their wedding was their 19 month-old son who had been born when Patsy was still a minor. After they married, the couple had four more sons and then a daughter together.

When Webb published his autobiography last year, he strangely failed to mention his first wife completely. Different times, eh?

by Anonymousreply 454December 27, 2018 1:32 AM

R448 We did all have our licenses when we turned 16. The baby boomers were a lot more independent than the youth of today. Our parents expected us to be independent.

by Anonymousreply 455December 27, 2018 1:47 AM

Here's that Jimmy Webb /Patsy Sullivan magazine cover. She's 12 years old??!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 27, 2018 2:03 AM

r449 I read that somewhere as well. He was the boy's sole father figure for years.

by Anonymousreply 457December 27, 2018 2:23 AM

That is one old looking 12 year old at R456. She looks more like 18.

by Anonymousreply 458December 27, 2018 2:31 AM

Jimmy Page is at it again. He's 74, his current GF is about 27-28.

She looks like she's taking her grandfather out for a walk. Damn creepy. Always was, always will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459December 27, 2018 3:09 AM

R459 20 years ago, she would have been too old for him.

by Anonymousreply 460December 27, 2018 3:11 AM

Page never had a hot body like Robert Plan. Can you imagine fucking that scrawny stooped over old man?! He's surely taking Viagra.

What are these young women thinking? Gross is an understatement. Do they think they're fucking the 'rock god' from the 1970s?!

This current GF is supposedly an actress, she has appeared on EASTENDERS.

by Anonymousreply 461December 27, 2018 3:17 AM

[quote]This current GF is supposedly an actress, she has appeared on EASTENDERS.

That's like saying you're a journalist because you wrote an add for the PennySaver.

by Anonymousreply 462December 27, 2018 3:35 AM

Damn, Lori Maddox was a dog! Look at her huge nose! Her teeth look like dentures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 27, 2018 3:36 AM

Eventually she did get a nose job.

I remember this interview on VH-1, she seemed mentally slow or drugged. She sounded like an imbecile, especially when she was trying to justify her creepy relationship with Page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 27, 2018 3:38 AM

Is this M.I.A. or Lori Maddox? The pic list this as Lori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 27, 2018 3:44 AM

Groupies even had magazines dedicated to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 27, 2018 3:44 AM

One of Page's actual wives, Jemima, actually looked like Lori Maddox. More creepiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 27, 2018 3:47 AM

well back then, it was more innocent times. There weren't that many STDs and no HIV. But these whores surely have herpes.

by Anonymousreply 468December 27, 2018 3:48 AM

In an interview he gave a few years ago, Page said he didn't regret anything he did with all those groupies as well as his heroin addiction. Yet his sad withered hunched over body and baggy face says a whole other story.

There has to be a reason John Paul Jones still looks amazingly good. He didn't indulge as much as the rest of them, at least not drugs-wise.

by Anonymousreply 469December 27, 2018 5:07 AM

Page's current girlfriend's face resembles the appearance of his own face...50 years ago She looks like she could be his granddaughter. I hope that she'll inherit a lot of money when he kicks the bucket; she's earning it.

by Anonymousreply 470December 27, 2018 5:18 AM

[quote]Page's current girlfriend's face resembles the appearance of his own face...50 years ago She looks like she could be his granddaughter. I hope that she'll inherit a lot of money when he kicks the bucket; she's earning it.

Why be surprised, she even has his old hair! He's a rockstar, most are narcissists! Think she's British of Mid-Eastern descent. Her name is Scarlet Sabat. Scarlet is also the name of Jimmy's eldest child.

Don't know how much she'll get much $$$. Jimmy has about 6 kids from three different women. Think he legally adopted Jemima's kid from another relationship.

Here's James Jr, Jimmy had him with American waitress Patricia, think he married her. His eldest Scarlet is natural blond. Jimmy had her with a French fashion model Charlotte Martin who also lived with Eric Clapton for a spell.

It was so weird with these British rocker dudes and their model GFs, they seemed to trade these women off on other famous rockers. Weren't their tons of pretty models back then?! Why play musician beds with the same 4-5 women?

This group of famous rockers were always swapping their model GFs. Odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471December 27, 2018 5:41 AM

Another creepy old perv rock musician is Bill Wyman.

by Anonymousreply 472December 27, 2018 6:11 AM

Man, Jimmy Page Jr is twinkalicious.

by Anonymousreply 473December 27, 2018 6:29 AM

Jimmy Page worshipped Satan but it looks like he must have broken the pact!

by Anonymousreply 474December 27, 2018 6:43 AM

I’ll just leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 27, 2018 7:09 AM

Bill Wyman was outrageous. He slept with thousands of women. He started dating his second wife Mandy Smith when she was just 13 and married her when she was 18. The marriage didn't last long. Neither did the marriage of HER MOTHER to HIS SON. He quit the Stones in 1994 and married one of the least attractive women around. They have three daughters and appear to be quite happy. He's 82 now.

by Anonymousreply 476December 27, 2018 7:23 AM

Bill Wyman truly was his own grandpa, R476.

by Anonymousreply 477December 27, 2018 7:29 AM

I think Bill Wyman was caught faking the 'thousands of women' thing. Mandy Smith was the one who really changed the attitudes towards teenage girls dating older men in the UK, it was just too blatant and open to be ignored. It does appear to be an isolated incident for Bill Wyman.

by Anonymousreply 478December 27, 2018 7:29 AM

R478, The linked reviewer of Mandy's Smith book provides interesting insights on the times, her own adoration for rock stars as a similarly aged teen, and Bill Wyman's treatment of his very young teen admirers. Yes it's a long read but it's well written IMHO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 27, 2018 9:33 AM

The greatest groupie of them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480December 27, 2018 12:15 PM

God, R170, I cringe when I see McCartney's nose job. He looks like a little eagle today.

by Anonymousreply 481December 27, 2018 2:22 PM

Others not listed-

Pricilla was 14 when she met Elivis

Cher was 16 and Sonny was 28, divorced and a father

Melanie Griffith was 14 when she first got with Don Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 482December 27, 2018 2:39 PM

Women who screw around with rock stars no matter how old have no self respect.

by Anonymousreply 483December 27, 2018 2:41 PM

Isn't Michael Des Barres gay? He just tweeted that he married his "dear friend" Britta. Or is he straight and I'm thinking of someone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 27, 2018 2:58 PM

Not to change the subject or anything but in the song Thirteen by Big Star, is the main character about the same age as the girl he's singing to? I'm thinking yes because he wants to take her to the dance, which he won't be allowed to if he were an adult. But I still find it kind of creepy, knowing that the song is being sung by an adult (Alex Chilton).

by Anonymousreply 485December 27, 2018 3:02 PM

R481 geez he did not have a nose job where do people get their shit from?

by Anonymousreply 486December 27, 2018 4:44 PM

I find this pearl-clutching about rockstars fucking teenyboppers hilarious. Do you dinosaurs think that this isn’t happening as we speak on yachts owned by rappers? Put enough baddie makeup on an 8th/9th grader and you can get her to look 18.

R.Kelly isn’t exactly an anomaly. There’s no height restriction to ride famous dick and no minimum age be an IG ho/THOT/whatever. Little girls still salivate over these skanky dudes, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 487December 27, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]I find this pearl-clutching about rockstars fucking teenyboppers hilarious. Do you dinosaurs think that this isn’t happening as we speak on yachts owned by rappers? Put enough baddie makeup on an 8th/9th grader and you can get her to look 18.

Pearl clutching? Go fuck yourself! Honestly. I knew publicists for Zep back in the day, they all tried to keep that Lori Maddox bullshit on the down low, especially their female publicist. You don't know what the fuck was going on. No one was proud of that sleazy shit, least of all Atlantic records!

Unfortunately, Page was flaunting that ugly dizzy young skank Lori. He was constantly photographed with her and thought nothing of his teen sex addiction. Then again, he was also a junkie, so the man wasn't thinking straight. Meanwhile, there was a longterm GF back home, the model Charlotte Martin, in the UK and a baby Scarlet. Interesting enough, none of Zeppelin brought their groupies back home.

I still think Page is gay or at least bisexual. Lori looked like an adolescent boy in drag. She was skinny with no ass and no tits. It's so odd, so many of these teenage LA groupies didn't even look like women, they looked like adolescent boys in drag. Pamela des Barres, the gorgeous model Catherine James and the mentally ill Bebe Buell looked like women, the much younger groupies looked like adolescent drag queens! Surprised not many noticed this.

There was a young pretty dark haired girl Robert Plant favored, Audrey Hamilton, she was cute, but once again, was very androgynous looking, she didn't dress like a street hooker like Lori and Sable, she wore jeans and T-shirts. The story was, Audrey was in an open marriage, the husband was more than happy his wife was traveling with Zeppelin.

Honestly, what NORMAL parents allows their 13-14 year old daughter to go off for months to fuck a 30+ year old rockstar? Even Sable Starr's parents thought their teen daughter hanging with 30+ old men was perfectly OK.

Sable came from wealth, her parents basically bankrolled her life traveling with those older men, they were as bad as Lori's parents. The parents should have gone to jail.

When her stint with Zep was over, Sable moved on to the NYC punk scene. What a sad pathetic useless life. When these men were through with these sad young women, what did these women have but their memories of being rich musicians playthings. Sable died of brain cancer in 2009, at 51.

by Anonymousreply 488December 27, 2018 8:53 PM

R488 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 489December 27, 2018 9:20 PM

I always thought Johnny Thunders and Sable Starr were a cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490December 27, 2018 10:15 PM

In the 80s the best crime fighter show on the air was "Wiseguy". One story arc they did was on the music industry. Even here they included the coke addict songwriter and his high school girlfriend. The network saw nothing at all problematic showing this as an almost healthy relationship.

As mentioned above, it was a different time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491December 27, 2018 10:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492December 27, 2018 11:55 PM

She goes topless in front of her sons? ( And he’s not a toddler)

by Anonymousreply 493December 28, 2018 12:28 AM

What kind of mother would let her son see her looking like THAT? That poor child.

by Anonymousreply 494December 28, 2018 12:45 AM

So Slash married that THING at R492? Just goes to show that rock stars will fuck anything and marry anything.

Speaking of Slash...at one time he was hot and heavy with Shannon Wilsey aka "Savannah", a porn star who was popular with musicians. She got started as a groupie early. Supposedly she and her mother were in a restaurant when Shannon was spotted by Gregg Allman. He arranged an introduction and the young girl (she was 16 and he was in his forties) went on tour with her rock star boyfriend. Where were her parents? Well, her father was out of the picture and her mother obviously let her wild daughter go her own way. Allman eventually got tired of her; by then she'd discovered the porn scene and became a highly popular porn star. She was quoted as saying "I love sex and I love sex with rockers more than anything else." She fucked various rock stars, but was said to have a "serious" relationship with Slash. She gave him a public blow job in a New York bar; a gossip column called it "full tilt whoopee." She thought he would marry her (groupies always hope to snag a rock star as a husband) but he got tired of her and dumped her. She got more and more into drugs, got in a car accident that injured her face and ended up killing herself with a shotgun at the age of 23. Such is the glamorous lifestyle of a groupie/porn star.

Slash's batshit crazy buddy Axl Rose married Erin Everly, daughter of Don Everly of the Everly brothers. He threatened to kill himself if she didn't marry him. Photos of them showed a perfectly matched pair: the delicately beautiful model and the roguishly handsome rock star. I'm sure many envied her. He used to beat the crap out of her. She got out of the relationship and never looked back. I guess being the girlfriend/wife of a rock isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

by Anonymousreply 495December 28, 2018 1:15 AM

It looks like the kid at R492 is trying to jump off the yacht.

by Anonymousreply 496December 28, 2018 1:16 AM

To continue R495's story. Erin Everly eventually left Axl Rose after he allegedly continued to be an ass to her. Then, Axl took up with model Stephanie Seymour. After a couple of years, Axl's band (Guns n Roses) became uncool, since Nirvana had become all the rage. Stephanie broke it off with Axl and took to court for abuse. Who was Stephanie's star witness? Axl's ex-wife Erin. Erin's testimony revealed some very disturbing things. I think both women got settlements from Axl. Since the mid-90s, he hasn't been known to date anyone publicly, he's mostly a recluse, and he's had cringeworthy plastic surgery over the years that left him unrecognizable at times. He also fired everyone in Guns N Roses and replaced them, taking about 15 years to put out an album, which allegedly had angry songs about the two ladies mentioned above. Last year, he finally buried the ax with two of the original members from Guns N Roses, and he allowed them to rejoin the band, after feuding for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 497December 28, 2018 2:07 AM

Side story re Erin Everly: she is the daughter of Don Everly of the Everly brothers (as stated) and Venetia Stevenson, who was the daughter of Anna Lee of General Hospital fame (she played matriarch Lila Quartermaine for years).

Venetia had previously been briefly married to actor Russ Tamblyn as a teen. Who is the father of Amber Tamblyn. Venetia's half-brother Jeffrey Byron is an actor who was once married to Gail O'Grady, of NYPD Blue fame.

Anna Lee's last husband (her third) was the novelist Robert Nathan. She was his seventh wife. Anna was born in the UK as Joan Boniface Winnifrith. She was awarded an MBE for services to the crown.

by Anonymousreply 498December 28, 2018 2:20 AM

r497 he didn't bury the hatchet with the GnR guys, it was a technical matter re: how they would be paid. When Axl took the GnR name, he incurred a lot of debts/obligations that the other guys would incur if they re-formed. The other replacements in the band were essentially hired as session workers, so they were just paid a straight wage. They had to sort out all that shit before they could re-form. I heard someone on an interview/podcast break it down fairly recently. I can't remember who was being interviewed, Brian Mantia (Brain), I think.

I'm not saying Axl wasn't a dick, but a lot of that "band tension" narrative is a ruse to distract from the business side. Tool is another notorious example of this.

by Anonymousreply 499December 28, 2018 4:31 AM

R488 Since you knew Zep PR people, have you ever heard them address anything concerning the rumor about the death of Robert Plant's son? Supposedly the boy was seen in nyc with the band right before his death, accidentally got into a bag of drugs and died. The story of him dying at home of a sudden infection being pure fiction.

Link for For R466

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 28, 2018 4:32 AM

R500, think it was a rumor about Karec being in NYC the night before his death. Especially as the band were not even in the city when Plant's son died.

Karec died back home in England. Plant's home was nowhere near a hospital, which is likely the main reason he died.

Around the time of Karec's death, the band were scheduled to play a gig upstate NY, I forgot where. Weeks before, in the NY Daily News, Plant's family had been pictured in a roped off area of Madison Square Garden. The band played a full week at MSG. I attended three of those shows. I think that's how the rumor started that Karec was in NYC and died of drug overdose, because the band were coming back to NY to play that upstate NY gig. Yet Plant's family was already back home in England.

If Karec did indeed die in NYC, this has got to be one of rock history's most well-kept secrets.

The NY Daily News has the son's name wrong, he's listed as Korac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501December 28, 2018 7:19 AM

[quote]So Slash married that THING at [R492]? Just goes to show that rock stars will fuck anything and marry anything.

There's even worse photos of Slash's wife on that yacht. I couldn't find them. She's now his ex-wife. I don't really follow GNRs career, but I heard that ex-hooker is always trying to get more money out of Slash. She must have some incredible dirt on him and the band.

by Anonymousreply 502December 28, 2018 7:23 AM

Wiki -- Robert Plant has spoken about the tragic death of his son Karac over four decades ago. Karac died from a stomach virus aged just five in 1977 when Robert was on tour with Led Zeppelin in North America, and the singer went on to write 'All My Love' in his late son's honour.

by Anonymousreply 503December 28, 2018 12:10 PM

Henley's wife, Sharon, is a lovely person. She grew up with a relative of mine in Dallas, they're still friends. Whatever he used to be like, Don has calmed down in recent years.

He hated Glenn Frey with the heat of a thousand suns. Frey's death changed nothing. They hated each other for years and years. It was the classic "do it for the band" meaning "do it for the money" when they got the Eagles back together. Made a fortune. Still couldn't stand each other.

by Anonymousreply 504December 28, 2018 6:33 PM

R504 doesn’t she have MS?

Frey always seemed like a cooler guy - or at least more self-aware (judging from the Eagles doc, which is actually very good).

by Anonymousreply 505December 28, 2018 7:00 PM

"History of the Eagles" is on Netflix, I think. Frey and Henley were aligned, financially. Frey and Henley were like partners in the law firm, the rest (e.g., Joe Walsh) were paid less. It (History of the Eagles) was entertaining. According to Frey, Randy Meisner was bitching about singing "Take it to the Limit" every night with all its high notes. Henley, IMO, came off as unlikeable. Joe Walsh just seemed grateful to have a job.

by Anonymousreply 506December 28, 2018 7:04 PM

She does have MS, R504, but is not in a wheelchair or anything.

One shitty thing about Henley, he bitches about taking on Walden Woods and wishes he'd never done it. He figured he'd get in, save the site, move on without any fuss. It's taking decades to complete the project and it's not done yet. He's a big whiner. He knows his politics though, not a poseur in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 507December 28, 2018 8:01 PM

R495/R502 I deride & despise GN’R for the way they treated women and others in the industry, and think they didn’t deserve success just for being Geffen’s cake-boys.

Furthermore I have a theory that some of Perla’s blackmail material has to do with gay relationships between those band members. Everyone already knows and can guess at the heinous shit these guys (excepting Duff McKagan & Tracii Guns) did to women whether reported or no, so unless one of them straight up got a HS gal whacked I can’t think Perla’s dirt is hetero. And it would explain a lot about GN’R’s breakup and Axl’s plummet into obscurity..

I also believe Axl may have told Lana Del Ray some of the dark things in GN’R’s past on accident, then intimidated her into keeping it quiet. Another conspiracy, but it just makes sense on many levels.

On the glam rockers subject, can anyone confirm/deny if Phil Lewis of Girl & LA Guns is bi? He looks and sounds like he is but I’ve never heard of him in an m/m encounter.

by Anonymousreply 508December 28, 2018 8:09 PM

I've had the "it was different then" 70's conversation withe DL's pedo-obsessives in the past. They don't understand or recognize what they don't want to know. It's pointless to discuss it with them, they are truly lost in their pedo-behind-every-door-madness. I can only assume that they were abused as children and so they see it everywhere. Either that or they're just attention-whores and judgmental cunts. Either way, eww.

Just know that for those of us who were actually there, we totally understand and remember what it was like back then. There was no AIDS, the Pill was relatively new, peace, love, drugs, sex, music, life, it was all on the table and we took what we wanted. They deny that young people had any agency but I recall it quite clearly and I made my own choices.

Look at the Parkland kids who got into the gun safety fight. The right wing spent a lot of time pretending that those kids were actors, then they were puppets controlled by adults, then they were whatever the next thing infantilizing them was and all of it was bullshit. The fact is those teens knew what they wanted to do and did it. Teenagers aren't toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 509December 28, 2018 8:15 PM

Foghat?

Savoy Brown?

ABBA?

Parliament-Funkadelic?

by Anonymousreply 510December 28, 2018 9:46 PM

R509 = Roy Moore.

by Anonymousreply 511December 28, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote]Just know that for those of us who were actually there, we totally understand and remember what it was like back then.

I was there, too, and it wasn't considered to be no big deal by everyone. A certain subset of people, sure, but my parents found my roommate's behavior with band members to be scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 512December 28, 2018 10:40 PM

Tom Waits' wife Kathleen is his manager and a fucking pain in the ass.

Tom is nice but not really into conversation. He's a bit in his own world.

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter is a prick. Pretentious as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 513December 28, 2018 10:57 PM

Maybe that's why his middle name is Skunk.

by Anonymousreply 514December 28, 2018 11:22 PM

Another:

Journalist Bre Payton, 26, dies in San Diego after sudden illness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515December 28, 2018 11:55 PM

Oooops

by Anonymousreply 516December 29, 2018 1:17 AM

Linda Ronstadt. What's up with her?

by Anonymousreply 517December 29, 2018 1:24 AM

r500-r501: Karac Plant died in Kidderminster, where Plant had his family home. There was a local hospital there at the time, they only live a mile or so outside of town so it didn't take long to get to the hospital. Kiddy is only at most maybe 10-15 mins by ambulance to Birmingham.

He died quickly, either en route to hospital or just after arriving. Its been discussed over the years that he may have had Kawasaki syndrome, which is when the immune system has an overwhelmed abnormal reaction to an infection. Occurs in children and would explain the fast death.

LZ had just flown into NOLA when Plant got the news. It was in late July just before they were going on break, a few weeks before Elvis died and Plant himself turned 29.

by Anonymousreply 518December 29, 2018 1:34 AM

Plant, a few years later had a son with his ex-wife’s sister.

His oldest son, Logan, is good-looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519December 29, 2018 2:02 AM

Plant had a son, or raised a son with Maureen's sister, nearly 14 years after Karac died. There are some who don't believe he's Robert's bio child, being as he broke up with the mother several years earlier and had other intervening relationships. Nevertheless his name is on the birth cert and he's raised the boy, Jordan, who graduated from Leeds a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 520December 29, 2018 2:22 AM

His name is Jesse Lee not Jordan

by Anonymousreply 521December 29, 2018 2:26 AM

No his actual name is Jordan, that is what he's gone by for many yrs (you can google this). It's also he name on his UK birth record, which is public record.

I know he is listed as "Jesse" in some places. They may have decided to put that out as a public name, to maintain his privacy and keep nosy bodies at bay. No one really knew about him until he was well up into school.

by Anonymousreply 522December 29, 2018 2:32 AM

he = his in first paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 523December 29, 2018 2:34 AM

What difference does it make what his first name is, if his last name was Plant

Like being called Jordan instead of Jesse is gonna throw people off

by Anonymousreply 524December 29, 2018 2:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525December 29, 2018 6:54 AM

A better photo of Plant and this children. The eldest son is gorgeous.

Was Maureen 100% Indian, to me she looked part white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526December 29, 2018 6:58 AM

Duran Duran?

The Police?

The Motels?

Culture Club?

Vanilla Fudge?

Rod Stewart?

Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice, Rod Stewart)?

by Anonymousreply 527December 29, 2018 12:09 PM

The Police? The most scandalous thing about the band, Sting left his first wife, the Irish actress Frances Tomelty, (I recently saw her in the series "Apple Tree Yard"), for her best friend Trudie Styler. They were both in The Royal Shakespeare Company.

Trudie set her eyes on Sting and pursued him, even going as far as moving next door to Sting and Frances in London.

Andy Summers re-married his second ex-wife, they are still together. Andy's first wife was American rocker Robin Lane, whose dad was Dean Martin's band leader, Ken Lane.

by Anonymousreply 528December 29, 2018 12:42 PM

Doobie Brothers especially the Michael McDonald era

by Anonymousreply 529December 29, 2018 3:07 PM

America?

Firefall?

Seals & Crofts?

The James Gang?

by Anonymousreply 530December 29, 2018 4:53 PM

Trudie Styler was a whore. Literally. she was a "hostess" at some gentleman's club AKA a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 531December 29, 2018 5:19 PM

I remember there was an article in the daily mail years ago which detailed what a bitch Styler was. It’s probably still available online if you google it.

by Anonymousreply 532December 29, 2018 5:24 PM

R531, she still is.

by Anonymousreply 533December 29, 2018 6:11 PM

R532, So it's just another example of a very famous, rich, powerful, attractive, elite, idealized celeb who seems to have everything most people want in life marrying a bitchy, manipulative woman who's not even model-level gorgeous? Are the women really all fab/wild in bed? Are the men really all subs? What's the real truth behind these parings (hello Jerry Seinfeld)?

by Anonymousreply 534December 29, 2018 6:12 PM

Strip everything away, and Sting is still basically a math teacher, so Trudie is no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 535December 29, 2018 6:20 PM

It’s DL-lore that love of my teenage life Bryan Adams is gay and steel-closeted and used to be Mutt Lange’s poolboy but do we actually have receipts? I’ve been wanting the real truth since like 1996 and my younger self needs closure.

Also John Popper (Blues Traveler) IS a certified asshole but I need to know - has he any other redeeming qualities beside musical talent? It’s exhausting hating a guy who wrote some of my favorite songs.

by Anonymousreply 536December 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Queen gossip please!

by Anonymousreply 537December 29, 2018 7:39 PM

R536, Another Bryan Adams strong admirer from afar but never a groupie. Why are the very best singers so often gay?

by Anonymousreply 538December 29, 2018 7:44 PM

R535; how odd to reduce a performer (or any person) to their original profession, especially since they haven't practiced it in over four decades. And what does that make him, exactly? A nerd with poor judgment?

by Anonymousreply 539December 29, 2018 7:45 PM

It’s the first I’ve ever heard that Bryan Adams might be gay...,

by Anonymousreply 540December 29, 2018 7:47 PM

Besides, Sting taught English, music and soccer, not math(s).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541December 29, 2018 8:08 PM

There is no question that Bryan Adams isn't into chicks. This I truly do know.

But it's DL so I expect skepticism.

by Anonymousreply 542December 29, 2018 8:13 PM

I'm guessing nobody would ever come out as a 'bater or virgin. That would be unforgivable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543December 29, 2018 9:35 PM

Katrina & The Waves?

Whitesnake?

Rush?

Scorpions?

Quiet Riot?

by Anonymousreply 544December 29, 2018 10:17 PM

David Coverdale was married to nutcase Tawney Kitaen. She might have been nuts, but damn she was smoking hot in a very 80s way.

by Anonymousreply 545December 29, 2018 10:47 PM

"Rod Stewart?"

Well, there was the old story that he was rushed to a hospital with stomach cramps and a gallon of come was pumped from his stomach. Yes, that really was a tale going around about Rod Stewart. I think it was told about some other celebrities as well. He would joke about it; he called it "the come in the belly" story.

by Anonymousreply 546December 29, 2018 10:51 PM

R545, Why was Tawny considered to be "nuts?"

by Anonymousreply 547December 29, 2018 10:55 PM

You’re right about that, r546. I heard that exact same story being told about Marc Almond, only it was supposed to have happened at some orgy in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 548December 29, 2018 10:56 PM

R547. Here’s one instance. She’s been arrested for DUI and other assorted crazy behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 29, 2018 10:58 PM

That cum in the stomach story goes around every generation.......

by Anonymousreply 550December 29, 2018 11:02 PM

R550

Rod Stewart, Elton John, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, and the Aerosmith guy.

by Anonymousreply 551December 29, 2018 11:05 PM

Quarterflash?

The Cars?

Night Ranger?

by Anonymousreply 552December 29, 2018 11:08 PM

Also Jon Bonjovi. Lil Kim.......

by Anonymousreply 553December 29, 2018 11:11 PM

Former Ratt guitarist, Robbin Crosbys died in Los Angeles on June 6, 2002, he was 42. Reported causes of his death include AIDS-related complications. Was a herion addict.

Dated Tawney Kitaen in high school and when he was in the band Ratt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554December 30, 2018 12:02 AM

Jackson Browne, it would seem, had a thing for blondes. His first wife, Phyllis Major, was a blonde model. I heard she killed herself when he left her. His second wife was a much younger blonde Australian model named Lynn Sweeney. A Rolling Stone article (Browne was a favorite of the Rolling Stone) featured a photo of his blonde model squeeze fondling his ass. How classy. After that relationship tanked, her took up with the even younger blonde actress Daryl Hannah. The big scandal from that relationship was Hannah's beaten up face; the general consensus has always been that Browne had roughed her up. Anyway, he's been in a long term relationship with a very unprepossessing woman named Dianna Cohen, who is not blonde and not a model or actress. I guess he decided he needed a "safe" relationship in his declining years. But he probably cheats on her, no doubt with young blondes.

by Anonymousreply 555December 30, 2018 2:15 AM

Browne's wife didn't kill herself because he left her. They never broke up.

She was in a psych hospital. She killed herself the day she was discharged.

by Anonymousreply 556December 30, 2018 3:13 AM

Phyliss major looked like Kay Lenz

by Anonymousreply 557December 30, 2018 3:28 AM

[quote] Why was Tawny considered to be "nuts?"

Short answer is drugs. She was sent to rehab in 2013 for a heavy meth habit.

by Anonymousreply 558December 30, 2018 3:52 AM

R554 I met Ratt when they were an unsigned band and I was a music industry Intern. They invited me to one of their gigs out in Brea. They were performing at an auditorium. I went backstage with them as they were getting ready for their show. They were all nervous, but Robbin was super nervous. He kept asking me if it was going to be OK. I helped him get ready and gave him little pep talks because his nerves were getting the best of him. They did a great show to a pumped-up crowd. Soon after, they got their record deal. Years later, I met up with them again. I was an executive in the biz by then and they had a few hits under their belt. Robbin was a really sweet and genuinely nice guy. Too young to die. I was sad to see rock 'n' roll excesses got the better of him.

by Anonymousreply 559December 30, 2018 4:25 AM

R554

Thank you for posting that article. It's mind blowing that a virtual stranger met Robinn in a fluke way and then became his best friend & main support for the final 2 years of his life.

I was shocked to read he spent 2 years in a rehab facility following back surgery. That is unheard of. Even if you had the worse complications from surgery you can't stay at a rehab hospital for 2 years. If you can't go home after your set stay they send you to a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 560December 30, 2018 4:55 AM

WHET to Jani Lane? I was always very fond of him. He looked like he knew his way around the hole and the pole.

by Anonymousreply 561December 30, 2018 6:29 AM

re: Jackson Browne

When considering a man who's been accused of domestic abuse and whose first wife committed suicide, the first thing I think of is "he's a bastard. He drove the first wife to suicide and if Daryl says he beat her up, well, he's a bastard." And he really might be a bastard. In addition to flat-out bastards, there are men who attracted to damaged women, waifs who need a man to help them. Women who'd be willing to put up with a self-centered musician who really does care for them in his own way. Women who are so fucked up they might be suicidal. Women who are such head cases they'd injure themselves and claim abuse (extreme, but a friend of Browne's suggested that way back when.)

Remember Sylvia Plath, the American poet who committed suicide? Her husband, poet Ted Hughes, remarried. His second wife committed suicide. When I heard that, I commented to a friend that he must be a bastard to drive two wives to kill themselves. My friend suggested the second scenario, that Hughes was attracted to damaged women.

I do not know any of the people discussed. However, when people slam Browne, I wonder about my friend's Hughes hypothesis.

by Anonymousreply 562December 30, 2018 6:59 AM

We had an insider here many years ago who was privy to the Browne/Hannah situation. He was in some way connected to Hannah's family.

He said Hannah had had a host of issues since childhood. He said the abuse story was false & her family knew it was false.

Browne felt he was being maligned with no way to fight back. He finally contacted her family & said they needed to get her some help & get her to stop the allegations or he would expose everything he knew about her issues & childhood. He didn't want to do that because he did care about her but he would if needed.

It's been so long I can't remember the exact details of her mental issues & childhood

by Anonymousreply 563December 30, 2018 7:21 AM

Hannah is very autistic, painfully shy, from a super wealthy, prominent family. Wonder if part of her issues is because she was so tall at a young age and therefore really stood out. Jackie O did not have positive things to say about the actress when she was dating JFK, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 564December 30, 2018 7:40 AM

Uh, oh.

by Anonymousreply 565December 30, 2018 7:41 AM

Jani Lane took his own life seven years ago, r561.

by Anonymousreply 566December 30, 2018 1:21 PM

^^Gods, that saga was one of the greatest. Remember the hysterical queen here shrieking that we killed him because he read a thread about himself? And all put speculations on the whereabouts of his latest & last trick dressed in a mourning Muumuu? 2011 seems another century.

by Anonymousreply 567December 30, 2018 1:32 PM

Not Classic Rock gossip, but if you ever find yourself in England and are bored, a fun thing to do it go to Sylvia Plath's grave and chip off the name Hughes on her tombstone.

by Anonymousreply 568December 30, 2018 2:53 PM

R536, since 1996? Try since 1985!

And check out Bryan's cock on the cover of the "Summer of '69" single!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569December 30, 2018 3:01 PM

[Quote] Adams has never married. In the 1990s, he was in a relationship with Danish model Cecilie Thomsen. Adams and Alicia Grimaldi, his former personal assistant and now trustee and co-founder of his namesake foundation, had their first daughter in April 2011. They announced the birth of their second daughter in February 2013.

Sounds like the personal assistant was turkey-bastered twice.

And only one other alleged "relationship" with a woman.

Gay.

by Anonymousreply 570December 30, 2018 3:08 PM

Knew of former groupie who claimed to have had sex with Graham Nash when she was 14 or 15 in the 70s and he was considerably older. She spoke glowingly of him. That's not to say this behavior was generally accepted back then--it wasn't. Maybe in entertainment circles. Since hearing that, I've thought Nash was a creep.

by Anonymousreply 571December 30, 2018 3:21 PM

I thought even your grandmother knew that Bryan Adams is gay.

by Anonymousreply 572December 30, 2018 3:37 PM

"Remember Sylvia Plath, the American poet who committed suicide? Her husband, poet Ted Hughes, remarried. His second wife committed suicide."

Ted Hughes was never married to Assia Wevill, the woman he was having an affair with while still married to Sylvia Plath. She became pregnant and had his baby while still married to her husband David Wevill. Hughes was an unfaithful to her as he was to Plath. She was ostracized by her his friends and family, She was distraught at his reluctance to marry her and establish a home together, while treating her as a "housekeeper." She ended up gassing herself AND the the daughter she had with Hughes. Sylvia Plath and Assia Wevill had their issues but the fact is that Ted Hughes really was an SOB who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 573December 30, 2018 3:48 PM

R573

She killed her daughter? That's some seriously fucked up shit.

by Anonymousreply 574December 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Lot of blood on that Poet Laureate's hands.

by Anonymousreply 575December 30, 2018 4:01 PM

Wasn't Daryl Hannah the one who carried around a teddy bear with her when she was way too old for a teddy bear?

by Anonymousreply 576December 30, 2018 4:25 PM

Like Sebastian in Brideshead Revisited?

by Anonymousreply 577December 30, 2018 4:26 PM

I seem to recall it was when she dated JFK Jr and they were on a beach somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 578December 30, 2018 4:28 PM

Jackie couldn't stand Darryl Hannah, thought she was weird and crazy. Of course Jackie was right.

by Anonymousreply 579December 30, 2018 5:19 PM

According to the Thought Experiment wordpress blog:

[quote]Oh, man. I am so glad I saw this cover of Daryl Hannah. It is hella going to be Daryl Hannah day around here soon. I think about her all the time. Fun facts I randomly can access in my memory banks about Daryl Hannah: 1) She slept with a teddy bear and sucked her thumb well past the age of high school. 2) She and JFK, Jr. had an intricate and complicated nearly-lifelong relationship that spanned the gamut from friends to first sexual relationship to occasional engagement to an eventual bond like brother and sister. His death drove her in to private mourning for several years. 3) She’s never been officially diagnosed, but agrees she is probably borderline autistic, most likely being a rare female with Asperger’s (usually it’s the guys who have that). Wow, I am a huge Daryl Hannah fan. Maybe it’s best we live far apart. ‘Scuse me while I freak out over my freakishness … I just made myself uneasy …

I didn't link due to the NSFW heterosexuality of the photographs there.

by Anonymousreply 580December 30, 2018 5:26 PM

Daryl is the most interesting factor about most of the men she’s ever been with or worked with. I forgive her everything for her turn in SPEEDWAY JUNKY.

As for the infantilised behaviours, I had a friend I knew from childhood until she was grown who sucked her thumb in public and slept with a small soft piece of cloth as a comforter (‘blanky’) until she was at least 18. She’d sadly been groomed by men and raped when young, and wasn’t properly protected by her very fucked-up family of hicks-made-good (who had ties to agricultural kingpins). Poor gal had cows & horses for best friends growing up. There are also many teenage & college-age girls on tumblr who happily do this sort of baby stuff and far more extremely, but that’s more as a creepy sexual fetish to turn straight men on and get their attention.

by Anonymousreply 581December 30, 2018 6:13 PM

I always found it kind of distasteful that within a few months of Davy Jones's sudden demise, Mike Nesmith agreed to a real tour with the other two surviving Monkees of the four (Dolenz and Tork) for the first time in decades. After Jones had worked his ass offs the fan favorite ever since the early reunions of the late 1980s, when Nesmith would show up for a short set here and there or a photo op, but never do a full set of shows...

What exactly was the bad blood between Davy and Mike, really? Jealousy? Money?

Right now, I hear, Peter Tork is sadly quite sick and Micky Dolenz and Nez are playing some dates together.

by Anonymousreply 582December 30, 2018 6:38 PM

Pat Benatar?

Cyndi Lauper?

Meat Loaf?

Bachman -Turner Overdrive?

by Anonymousreply 583December 30, 2018 7:23 PM

Daryl Hannah ended up with Neil Young. David Crosby called DH a "poisonous predator" but later apologized, as documented in Rolling Stone. Here's the poisonous predator article in Ultimate Classic Rock magazine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584December 30, 2018 9:06 PM

I've always liked Daryl Hannah a lot.

by Anonymousreply 585December 30, 2018 9:37 PM

Why, r585?

by Anonymousreply 586December 30, 2018 11:14 PM

"David Crosby called DH a "poisonous predator" but later apologized, as documented in Rolling Stone. "

David Crosby is in no position to pass judgement on Daryl Hannah or anyone else for that matter. He was (is?) druggie scum. A woman who'd been in a relationship with him said he would come back after a tour and tell her about all the great sex he had with groupies while on the road. She would understandably get upset and it would even drive her to tears, which angered him. He would berate her and and tell her "you're supposed to be happy for me!" What a scumbucket.

by Anonymousreply 587December 30, 2018 11:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 31, 2018 1:08 AM

Trudie Styler is a lesbian, she tried, unsuccessfully, to get a female friend of mine into bed. The woman laughed in Trudie's face, said she was not interested, but Trudie wouldn't take no for an answer. Trudie kept rubbing my friend's knee, then tried going up higher. My friend grabbed Trudie old lady hand and said, "What don't you understand about NO? I'm straight and not interested. Even if you threw your husband into the mix, I'm not interested."

The situation was so bizarre, until I found out Trudie does this a lot, she's always on the prowl for women.

A friend's friend was staying at Sting and Trudie's former CPW duplex, the woman was dating a member of Sting's band, she stayed at their place for a few days with the band member. Trudie hit on this woman too. This woman was gorgeous, she looked like Charlize Theron, but curvier. Trudie pulled the same shit, rubbing the woman's knee while she was sitting on the sofa. The woman also told Trudie she wasn't interested. The woman and her BF packed up their suitcases, then took a room at a NYC hotel.

Sting likely has affairs and sees escorts. I guess it's not worth it, divorcing Trudie, it would cost him millions to let her loose. Trudie has sex with women and Sting has his side women. Years ago, I remember there were some photos of Sting leaving some brothel in Spain.

Why Trudie, as lesbian, would break up Sting's marriage, it seemed to be more about the money angle than anything else. Trudie was jealous of what Frances had, a rich successful famous rockstar husband.

One of Sting and Trudie's daughters, Coco Elliot, is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 589December 31, 2018 1:16 AM

r589 sounds like Bono's marriage, only less icky. Ali has been an open bisexual/lez for years, having her affairs with all types (Helena Christensen the most famous name) while Bono bangs groupies and models on the side. Ali didn't have to steal him from another woman though, being his high school sweetheart and all. Their family seems nicer too, more intact.

by Anonymousreply 590December 31, 2018 1:21 AM

R589

Who says Trudie's lesbian? She could be bi-sexual and bringing women home for the 2 of them. Win/Win situation.

by Anonymousreply 591December 31, 2018 2:37 AM

R585 quite a few people on this board seem to like her - I have no idea why. One of the dullest people ever to grace the screen, not to mention a total freak show. How she was ever a star even for a minute never ceases to amaze me - because she was never that pretty either. I guess when you’re tall and blonde thats enough for some people. She kind of had a horse face though.

by Anonymousreply 592December 31, 2018 2:52 AM

R591 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 593December 31, 2018 3:27 AM

Sting was gorgeous in his prime. Trudie, well, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594December 31, 2018 3:32 AM

Why argue that Trudie is bisexual, when it's quite clear she hits on women to be with them, alone, not with Sting. Sure not for "bringing women home for the 2 of them."

In the two instances I mentioned of Trudie hitting on women, my friend and the gorgeous friend of a friend, Sting was not part of the deal. I don't think he was even in the apartment when Trudie tried seducing the two women.

Perhaps being lesbian explains how it was so easy for her to be an escort years ago. She was also training to be an actress, which also make sit easier to fuck ugly rich men.

by Anonymousreply 595December 31, 2018 4:35 AM

I don't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I've heard that about DH before and I have no idea how someone who is an Aspie could be an actress, even a bad one. If you don't understand or notice the emotions of others, how can you mimic them?

by Anonymousreply 596December 31, 2018 5:18 AM

A teenage groupie's very raw story, although re a present day world famous rapper/producer. Linked is the vid summary, including a connect to her free PDF downloadable story. Very long but IMHO worth the read if you're one that appreciates brutally true reveals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597December 31, 2018 6:14 AM

Some things I recall reading about Sting - he never bathed and didn't pay his help.

by Anonymousreply 598December 31, 2018 6:44 AM

[quote]Some things I recall reading about Sting - he never bathed and didn't pay his help.

The BO story started when Sting and Trudie were on Howard Stern's show and his BO was so bad, Howard and Robin couldn't stop talking about it after he left. It was hilarious.

The "didn't pay his help" story was about crazy Trudie calling her very pregnant cook/nanny on her day off and screaming that she come over to cook SOUP for her children! Can this delusional loon be a little more insane. This happened at one of their homes in the UK, not in NYC. At that point, IIRC, Sting owned EIGHT homes.

Trudie even insulted the cook about her being too old to be pregnant and commented that her pregnancy was interfering with her job! .Meanwhile, Trudie was pumping out babies like rabbits, what better way to keep that Sting money coming in if they ever got divorced?!! Trudie is a vile phony POS.

The cook/nanny sued for harassment among other things, she won a fairly large amount of money. Trudie is insane, she acts as if she's 'to the manner born', but she grew up poor without a toilet, her family used an outhouse. Talk about acting as if her shit doesn't smell, oh the irony!

by Anonymousreply 599December 31, 2018 3:55 PM

Forgot, the cook/nanny sued only Trudie, not Sting. Of course, it was Sting's money she won in the lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 600December 31, 2018 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!