Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't PLAY With This Bitch!--Pelosi Pledges To Pass Dream Act With Democratic House Majority

And this is WHY the right can't STAND her! First, healthcare and now this? Republicans will be forever doomed...

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi vowed to pass legislation that would put so-called Dreamers — young undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children — on a pathway to citizenship when her party retakes control of Congress' lower chamber in January.

"America draws strength from our long, proud heritage as a nation of immigrants. In the Majority, Democrats will work to reverse the Republicans' destructive anti-immigrant agenda," Pelosi said in a statement Saturday, responding to a letter sent Thursday by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. "Our House Democratic Majority will once again pass the Dream Act to end the uncertainty and fear inflicted on patriotic young men and women across the country."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 26, 2019 5:09 PM

It doesn't matter if the bill can't through the Senate, and Trump later vetoes it.

Sorry, Nancy. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2018 2:06 AM

Look at those tatas!

Pelosi creates leadership position for Barbara Lee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2018 2:07 AM

The Senate and especially Trump aren't nearly as powerful as they were a month ago, R1.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2018 2:09 AM

[quote]It doesn't matter if the bill can't through the Senate, and Trump later vetoes it.

Oh, but it does! Democrats are defining the Republicans. It doesn't look like this First Step Act is going to make it through. KISS the Black vote goodbye (the 1994 Crime Bill disproportionately affected minorities) and now this.

If Democrats show that they are working REALLY hard on behalf of these Dreamers and it is the Republicans shown to be stopping it... KISS the Latino, Irish, and Asian, etc goodbye

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2018 2:13 AM

Americans want a Dream Act. Americans want money out of politics. When the R senate rejects these bills, the optics begin to work for us in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2018 2:14 AM

[quote] Americans want a Dream Act.

No they don't.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2018 2:15 AM

Yes, they do R6. People are generally good and they are fair. They know that these kids are not here by there own choice. They were brought here as babies and as very young children. What were they supposed to say as they sucked a bottle? "Mama, I don't want to go"?

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote]When the R senate rejects these bills

It won't be rejected. It will be heavily amended or not brought to vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2018 2:18 AM

They should also pass some kind of minimum wage bill knowing Republicans won't go for it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2018 2:20 AM

Americans don't want it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2018 2:22 AM

Here you go R6, R10

76% of Americans want a Dream Act- true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2018 2:22 AM

Pelosi caves to the mob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2018 2:23 AM

I believe they plan to do that too, R9. Democrats MUST show that they are REALLY working hard for the average American. I'm just soooo re-invigorated! THIS IS HUGE! Nancy Pelosi is NOT stupid! She would not have made such a statement if sh wasn't confident of getting it through the House.

Fix Heathcare!

DREAMERS!

Minimum wage!

IMPEACH TRUMP!!!!

Let's get to work!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2018 2:25 AM

R11, that poll was a year ago. Things have changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote] People are generally good and they are fair.

No they aren’t. Americans are angry and violent people.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2018 2:29 AM

Thanks R11.

I love how easy A LIE comes out of R6.

It's easy to guess who R6 looks up to.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2018 2:29 AM

[quote]They know that these kids are not here by there own choice.

Calling them kids is a lie. The oldest DACA recipients are now 37 years old and the 2017 Dream Act has no upper age limit. The people affected have had decades of time to return to their home country and apply for entry legally.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2018 2:31 AM

Look and listen to the Black Conservative chillun BEGGING Ted Cruz to help bring the First Step Act Bill to a vote. They KNOW exactly what it means if it isn't brought to the floor!

GOODBYE Republican Senate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2018 2:31 AM

I wish Nancy all the success in the world, but that big mouth Trump is going to be screaming non-stop "Those obstruction Democrats are blocking everything, they need voted out of office"

Unfortunately he has a bigger mouth.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2018 2:32 AM

Great for the Dreamers, all 800k of them. Truly. Now how about we focus on the 60+ million rest of us who vote Dem?

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote] Trump is going to be screaming non-stop "Those obstruction Democrats are blocking everything, they need voted out of office"

People still listen to him? Outside of the idiots?

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2018 2:33 AM

I sense a bit of fear in you, R17....

YEP! This was a HUGE proclamation by Nancy.... Miss Nancy Pelosi!

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2018 2:35 AM

Repugs and Pres Bone Spurs are unpopular.

The trolls are out enforce tonight on DL. Division Division Division

Dems have a long agenda that will benefit ALL of those who voted for them and those that didn't. Giving Dreamers a path to citizenship is popular with the majority.

Don't worry about Nancy, you trolls. Vodka must've been given out by the truck load at the troll farm today.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote]that poll was a year ago. Things have changed.

No, nothing has changed. The vast majority of Americans saw the "caravan" hype as the political stunt it was. There is solid majority support for the Dreamers.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2018 2:39 AM

Even as the caravan hype was at its peak, Dems carried or did better in ALL border states.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2018 2:42 AM

Ya see... The Republicans were/are hoping to define the Democrats as all about getting rid of Trump. That might have worked except the Democrats, (unusually so), were already on to them and that is why they campaigned on healthcare.

Now, as Elijah Cummings said, they've got to hit the ground FLYING. WE want something done! We want an end to this bickering and partisanship! JUST GET SOMETHING DONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2018 2:42 AM

[quote]KISS the Latino, Irish, and Asian, etc goodbye

R4, they GOP lost the Latino vote a long time ago, they have been lingering between 18%-29% of the Latin vote. It doesn't matter if some hybrid-Cuban and what not remain GOP or third party. The Mexican-American and Central-American vote is what Democrats need in the West and Illinois and Virginia. The Puerto Rican vote in the North East is solidly Democratic.

The GOP are mostly Irish and German-Americans. It's the young Irish that might peel off. For the Asians it's mostly the Chinese, Filipino, and Japanese-Americans that vote Democratic

Arabs-Americans are usually GOP strongholds, it remains to be seen if they go back to their conservative home once Trump is kicked out of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote]The GOP are mostly Irish and German-Americans.

Have you been in an Irish bar lately? Do you know how many of them are illegals that are there? I remember when Obama was working on this and how excited the Irish were. You always have to pay attention to what is happening in the underground. You see, (in my opinion) the Republicans want to make this issue a Black, Latino, versus White type of issue. Oh no... make no mistake! Many others are watching this and hoping for a settlement to this issue too.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2018 3:01 AM

Of course there are European illegals. Of course I know they are hoping for an immigration reform. Good, look at all the illegal Canadians and Australians living in California. And yes, they are most likely to vote Democrat once they are able to vote.

Still, the GOP is practically a club of Irish-Americans and German-Americans.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]Now how about we focus on the 60+ million rest of us who vote Dem?

They will fix healthcare. This Cortez gal came at the right time! She's rough, has a BIG mouth, and that is good. We just "might" see single-payer because of her.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2018 3:32 AM

I've been thinking about this too R30. What a better way to make Republicans look even worse than for Democrats to push for universal care and have the Republicans carry the burden. A great set up for Senate gains in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2018 3:47 AM

[quote] No, nothing has changed. The vast majority of Americans saw the "caravan" hype as the political stunt it was. There is solid majority support for the Dreamers.

Um....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2018 4:21 AM

Um... June 25, 2018, R32? No honey, you have to do better than that.

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2018 4:25 AM

Who's talking about a border wall, R32? The Dream Act is about people who were brought to the US as children and have lived their lives here.

It's typical of conservatives to conflate every issue related to immigration. For them, the only issue is: Brown people, yes or no? They can't see beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2018 5:57 AM

R34, just block the troll. He knows the Wall and the Dream Act are two different things, but he comes here to instigate, not to talk truths.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2018 6:05 AM

What R35 said. R32 is also the LIAR at R6.

Trolls are on shaky ground since midterms. They got nothing left but make dire predictions about 2020.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2018 6:17 AM

Why do we hate Nancy again? She's always been in our corner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2018 11:10 AM

Good for Pelosi, she will do what's right.

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2018 11:15 AM

Democrats need to focus on those areas where the public supports them: healthcare, education/student loan debt, saving social security and medicare, clean energy, infrastructure spending, the wealthy and corporations paying their fair share of taxes, campaign finance reform/getting money out of politics, fixing voter suppression and gerrymandering, etc.

They'd have full support from Americans and win big on those things.

But beating the drums about illegals, abolishing ICE, trans/dicks in female spaces, and fetishizing Muslims will assure a Trump reelection.

Whether you agree with that ideologically or not, it's true.

I want Trump out of the White House, and don't want Dems to fuck it up by focusing instead on the very things that gave him the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2018 11:22 AM

And don't give me that "Americans want this!" garbage.

This is the Bradley Effect on steroids. Most moderates and liberals alike know it isn't PC to have a problem with illegal immigrants. They'll say one thing to your face and to pollsters and then turn around and vote for the party that is tougher on immigration.

That's why Brexit and Trump happened in the first place.

Pretending Americans want this and Democrats making it a central part of their platform will spell doom.

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2018 11:27 AM

And that is why Sienna won in AZ. Look at her positions. Dems should follow suit.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2018 11:30 AM

Grrrr. Sinema.

Damn predictive text.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2018 11:31 AM

Great. Double down on open borders and amnesty. A great way to ensure that Dump is re-elected in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Idiots! Dreamers are not what the midterms were about. The Democrats ran on healthcare. That should be issue #1. The Democrats are falling back on wedge issues again that will give the Repugs an opening to retake the Congress.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2018 12:09 PM

[quote]That's why Brexit and Trump happened in the first place.

Nope. Those things happened because people did not vote. People thought that Hillary was a shoe-in and other people thought that Brexit could never happen. THEY STAYED HOME

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2018 12:11 PM

Brexis happened because the UK thought it was about immigration.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2018 12:13 PM

People in this thread called it. The Democrats introduce this bill and the anti corruption bill. They pass and go to the senate. The senate either passes these bills, a win for everyone or most likely McConnell will parse the bills out in committee. The bills will die there. Or he will refuse to enter the bills on the agenda for discussion on the senate floor.

The republicans take the blame for the failure to protect dreamers and the failure to legislate anti corruption laws.

It's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2018 12:18 PM

[quote]Nope. Those things happened because people did not vote. People thought that Hillary was a shoe-in and other people thought that Brexit could never happen. THEY STAYED HOME

The Brecit vote had a 72% turnout rate, which is higher than that of any UK general election in 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2018 12:28 PM

[R47]

Republicans kill this and they are done .Pelosi and Democrats set them up perfectly. Iam also loving Bernie Sanders hinting he might support it (Progressives, have used immigration to call Democrats weak,an alot of them don't support this either...hypocrites ) But Pelosi's about to show you conservatives and Progressive flip floppers how its done. No wonder Progressives didn't want her to win back Speaker of the House Seat......

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Oh R49 I cannot wait. These bills, Pelosi has a lonnnng memory, it is said. She is tough and knows process.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote]No wonder Progressives didn't want her to win back Speaker of the House Seat......

Wasn't her opposition (the House members who signed the letter) mostly from the midwestern more centrist / conservative districts?

DL Fave Ocasio-Cortez said she's not for change for change's sake, and backed Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2018 1:54 PM

Hahaha! There's gonna be some changes around here....

Shutdown looms as Nancy Pelosi rejects Trump's demand for border wall

Rejecting President Donald Trump's $5 billion demand for a border security, Pelosi told reporters she would refuse an offer to permanently resolve the standoff over the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program in exchange for any money for a border wall.

“They’re two different subjects,” Pelosi, D-Calif., said, expressing a desire to decouple the debate over DREAMers from a fight over the border wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2018 6:30 PM

Nancy Pelosi Verified account @NancyPelosi

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: America’s patriotic young #Dreamers are *not* bargaining chips. #ProtectDreamers 9:31 AM - 6 Dec 2018

Nancy Pelosi says funding for Trump's 'immoral, ineffective, expensive' border wall is off the table

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2018 6:37 PM

DON'T PLAY WITH THIS BITCH!!!!

"Trump, Pelosi and Schumer Have Explosive, Televised Shouting Match Over Border Wall: ‘I Won’t Take It!’"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2018 4:38 PM

I watched that live R54, Ms Pence looked like deer in the headlights.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2018 4:43 PM

Pence didn't move for so long I started wondering if my video feed was glitching out.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2018 4:45 PM

He was trying to control his manly urges being sat so near to Pelosi, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote]Fix Heathcare!

Too late. He died even before he got his Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2018 4:49 PM

Judd Legum Verified account @JuddLegum

Nancy Pelosi just did something that not a single Republican has had the guts to do in 2 years. Stand up to Trump, in public, to his face.

Philip Rucker Verified account @PhilipRucker @PhilipRucker

Trump: “Nancy’s in a situation where it’s not easy for her to talk”

Pelosi: “Mr. President, please don’t characterize the strength that I bring to this meeting as the leader of the House Democrats who just won a big victory"

Schumer: “Elections have consequences, Mr. President”

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2018 4:55 PM

I wonder if DL's elder lesbians long to plow Nancy?

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2018 4:58 PM

I love it. I felt impatience with Pelosi for a while, but feel much better about her. She knows how to play it, and is far more intelligent than trump and his repubs. It's a long political game, and you have to know how to play with foresight for down the road. trump impulsively shoots his mouth off, along with his tweets. He can't see beyond his orange nose.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2018 5:02 PM

Trump is Rainman. Border security. Border security. Border security. Border security.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2018 5:06 PM

Cheeto really threatening to shut boarders down for his wall money on television. Republicans, you have just admitted you will cause a government shutdown if your insane leader dosen't get money he will siphon off to his crooked cronies. I love how Pelosi set his fat,cheese bloated ass up.....

Trump looks mad,he is beet red.... All because Pelosi sad "Not today bitch...." He looks mad enough to have a heart attack.I love it

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2018 5:06 PM

[quote]Cheeto really threatening to shut boarders down

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2018 5:07 PM

It's possible to be for this and still be against illegal immigration.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Can we be honest finally?

Donald does not want a wall, he wants a monument. A monument bearing his name for all of eternity to rival The Great Wall and The Pyramids. A monument that will be visible from space. A monument topped with golden letter Ts along its length.

The Great Wall of Trump.

Resist.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Trump will veto this.

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2018 5:15 PM

The gilded wall... TRUMP splashed all over it... lol!

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2018 5:17 PM

She might have to agree to border wall funding, in order to get the DreamAct passed by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2018 5:17 PM

Pelosi isn't playing. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2018 5:18 PM

R69 Reagan tried to strike the same deal in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2018 5:20 PM

[R67]

Trump can veto it,but Pelosi just put him on notice.

An since you obviously know nothing about Vetoes. Once he does,it goes back to congress...

Who can over ride his Veto with 2/3's voting.

Democrats take over Congress January 3rd.

You Republicans days are over,Pelosi just shut you all DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2018 5:21 PM

Gotta love whipping boy Pence sitting mute among his betters:

"My name's Bennett and I ain't in it!"

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2018 5:24 PM

The vast majority of Americans are not for open borders.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2018 5:25 PM

which again is not what the dream act is about

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2018 5:28 PM

[quote]An since you obviously know nothing about Vetoes. Once he does,it goes back to congress...Who can over ride his Veto with 2/3's voting.

They don’t have 2/3’s votes. His veto will stand.

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Dems need to move forward wit their agenda...let the senate and pResident failures be THEIR issues.

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2018 5:36 PM

The Dems will do the work and show America they care.

The Orange Menace and the Repugs will veto bills and own the failure.

by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2018 5:39 PM

I thought that the Dreamers amnesty legislation had the votes in Congress but the Repug leaders in both Houses (McTurtle and Ryan) just didn't put it on the table for fear that it would pass. Anyone know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2018 5:44 PM

[R76]

Please,Democrats are majority stupid head

They will have 2/3's easily as your Republican reps run from Trumpflakes agenda which is racist.Remember.Face it Honey,Trump just fuked up

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2018 5:44 PM

Pelosi schooling Trump about how government works.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2018 5:49 PM

That fat fucking orange lardass is feeling the heat.

LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Trump is an idiot. Doesn't he know he should give the APPEARANCE of bipartisan unity with his first meeting with the Dems after an election loss? They will have the power to impeach his ugly lard ass. He just sounded like a petulant child and way over his head.

"I WILL SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN IF I DON'T GET MY WALL. I WANT MY WALL. I'M NOT PLAYING NICE WITH YOU UNTIL YOU GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!"

Come on, Nancy! Wipe the floor with him.

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2018 5:56 PM

[R81]

Madam Speaker just owned his fat ass on CNN

He looks frantic.Guess becoming a lame duck President scares him.GOOD

by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2018 5:57 PM

Sure.

His veto will stand over empty halls of Congress; emoty payment envelopes; empty national parks; empty monuments; empty VA hospitals; empty government offices . . .

Within days a handful of Republicans voting to sustain his “veto” will cave like empty suits.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2018 5:57 PM

Pelosi scared Pence too,he ain't say shyyt ...just cringed in the corner like a frightened child. Guess he worried about his assistant's connect to Russian mess.

Or maybe Pence is scared about catching indictments of his own.Laughs

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Trump and Co. taints everyone around them so Pence smells.

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2018 6:01 PM

I've NEVER believed that Pence didn't know about the Russian connection.

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2018 6:02 PM

Pelosi's "come fuk me pumps" did not come to play with Trump today.Mushroom mad as hell

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2018 6:02 PM

One, he 's an imbecile. Two, he doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Three, he'll be gone soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2018 6:16 PM

R83.. He is a petulant child who is way over his head.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2018 6:19 PM

SLICE!

Rachael Bade Verified account @rachaelmbade

.@NancyPelosi returned from the WH meeting with the president today and went STRAIGHT for the most sensitive part of Trump’s ego: his masculinity.

“It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him,” she told her colleagues just now.

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2018 6:25 PM

R7 exactly

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2018 6:27 PM

2019 is going to be verrrry interesting!

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2018 6:27 PM

[R92]

Damn,she straight up bitched him....

Respectfully calling him Mr.President, while castrating him,I luv her....

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2018 6:45 PM

Nancy Pelosi is really the LeBron James of the Democratic party - they'd be stupid to get rid of her -

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote]Please,Democrats are majority stupid head They will have 2/3's easily as your Republican reps run from Trumpflakes agenda which is racist.

Democrats will be in the majority in the HOUSE, but not in the SENATE. They'll never override a veto.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2018 6:54 PM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2018 6:56 PM

[quote] Americans are angry and violent people.

Only the alt-right. The rest are on opiates or online shopping.

by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2018 7:13 PM

[R99]

Mad because Trump's wall blocked it.

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2018 7:20 PM

R97 see R85

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2018 7:23 PM

For those of you who did not see it;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2018 7:25 PM

[R102]

Thanks for posting,social media keeps saying Trump got owned....i wanted to see it.An i am glad i watched.....his bitch ass has had it coming for awhile now.Schumer tried to get his back up,but this was a Pelosi moment. She reminded me so much of her daddy,that ole political boss....an the oldtime reads his mob connected ass used to parlay in oldtime Baltimore politics.She has Trump by the balls.....

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Tom Nichols Verified account @RadioFreeTom

Honestly makes me say it: The most statesman-like person in charge in that WH disaster was Pelosi. Second place to Schumer for baiting Trump into owning a shutdown. Honorable mention to Pence for willing himself to blend in with the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2018 8:12 PM

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

After kicking some ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2018 9:17 PM

Bill Kristol Verified account @BillKristol

I’m not a Democrat and it’s none of my business, but based on what I saw of their respective performances in that Oval Office meeting today, I don’t understand why it’s Nancy Pelosi who’s facing a leadership challenge and Chuck Schumer who isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2018 10:01 PM

Same old capitulating capitalist bitch. Don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 107December 12, 2018 12:19 AM

Rachael Bade Verified account @rachaelmbade

BIG NEWS: @NancyPelosi is on the verge of a deal w/the rebel group that once vowed to oust her. The deal will deliver her at least FIVE new votes & will likely give her the final #s she needs to win the gavel. @heatherscope & @BresPolitico & me

by Anonymousreply 108December 12, 2018 1:31 AM

[R108]

Which is all progressives ever wanted in the first place.Fudge didn't even want the House Speaker position...it was the yt misogynistic males who tried to oust Nancy.An they aren't Democrats, they are Progressive Republicans hiding in Democratic clothing....i hope that 11 is primaried come election time and they are kicked from the party an their Rep jobs by voters

by Anonymousreply 109December 12, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote] The vast majority of Americans are not for open borders.

The vast majority of Democrats are not for open borders. Too bad R74 isn't smart enough to not parrot Republican propaganda, which make it seem like a simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 110December 12, 2018 1:57 AM

Giggle giggle snort giggle. A delight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 12, 2018 2:13 AM

Why is the dream act such a priority when other issues affect mroe people?

Last time the Dems actually DID shut the government down and didn't accept Trump's offer to give amnesty to the Dreamers..... so they shut the govt down for everyone.

This is all bs

by Anonymousreply 112December 12, 2018 2:31 AM

[R112]

Republicans shut the government down when the Cheese Turd didn't get his Wall money.He attached it to the Dreamers Bills effectually holding immigrants hostage.For something he said Mexico would pay for.Now it seems he wants money from US taxpayers. ....your President is a failure.

by Anonymousreply 113December 12, 2018 2:36 AM

They need to pass the Dream Act and build the wall. Time to compromise and make both happen.

by Anonymousreply 114December 12, 2018 2:38 AM

The Dream Act isn't just another piece of legislation. The Dream Act is about who we are a country. It's about how we treat children and it's about fairness to innocent children. Donald Trump doesn't define America, we define it and his anti-American bullshit is not going to stand.

Let those fucking Republican senators vote down the Dream Act and watch it fuck them over in their runs in 2020.

We are never going to build that fucking wall. Never.

by Anonymousreply 115December 12, 2018 2:39 AM

R113 he's not "my president" asshole; I didn't vote for him.

But it was the Democrats who used the Dream act last time as a sword to fall on. Trump said he'd give them amnesty if he got the wall. What's wrong with that?

People act like the "wall" is IMMORAL....... it may not be economical or logistically feasible.....but how is putting up a border (which already exists!!!) IMMORAL?

by Anonymousreply 116December 12, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]but how is putting up a border (which already exists!!!) IMMORAL?

IT'S A BLATANT WASTE OF MONEY!

by Anonymousreply 117December 12, 2018 2:59 AM

I don't think you understand the definition of IMMORAL then.

by Anonymousreply 118December 12, 2018 3:00 AM

Oh, I understand immoral alright. What I don't understand are people like you R118 that goes on about something that is ineffective, that isn't being built, and is nothing more than a whistle call for racism.

by Anonymousreply 119December 12, 2018 3:04 AM

[quote]but how is putting up a border (which already exists!!!) IMMORAL?

I suggest you read up on the Berlin Wall.

Then, reread the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

by Anonymousreply 120December 12, 2018 3:05 AM

David Jolly Verified account @DavidJollyFL

Been thinking more about Pelosi & Schumer in the oval today. This is *exactly* what voters voted for on Nov 6. A responsible Congress to confront this President. If you were part of giving heart & soul for change in '18, take a deep breath, smile, & share gratitude tonight.

by Anonymousreply 121December 12, 2018 3:06 AM

[quote]it was the yt misogynistic males who tried to oust Nancy.

Just for the record, there are a lot more white males who support Nancy Pelosi in the House Democratic caucus than oppose her.

by Anonymousreply 122December 12, 2018 3:07 AM

I warned you all...The Dream Act is the SINGLE issue that Pelosi and Schumer will fight for --at the expense of all others. The two will 'go to the mattress' for this, FORSAKING all others. Their insistence will whip up the Repuke base again and we will lose all the political currency we've earned under ALL of trump's unlawful acts. Just for this.

As soon as Pelosi's face is up there on TV, it's the first words out of her mouth.

WARNED YOU ALL!

by Anonymousreply 123December 12, 2018 3:08 AM

I agree, R123. Americans will see that Democrats will fight harder for illegals than for their own kids. It's a losing issue for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 124December 12, 2018 3:09 AM

Calm down R123/124. Elections aren't for another 2 years.

Plenty of time.

by Anonymousreply 125December 12, 2018 3:15 AM

Stop this stupid shit. The Dreamers came as children.

The democrats do not use children as bargaining chips.

We do not barter people's lives.

That is why the Democrats rejected the bullshit amnesty.

And no, idiots R123, R124 who got funding for children's healthcare when the Republicans withheld the funding?

by Anonymousreply 126December 12, 2018 3:38 AM

Jackie Alemany Verified account @JaxAlemany

More Jackie Alemany Retweeted Jackie Alemany .@JimmyGomezCA: “I don't think [Trump] knows what to do with a strong woman... One of the things that stood out to me, was him calling her 'Nancy, Nancy, Nancy.' That’s Speaker Pelosi to you, punk."

by Anonymousreply 127December 12, 2018 11:02 AM

[R116]

Bitch please,you ran in with racist rhetoric blaming Democrats for your vote either for a progressive or Trump.So yup,you supported Trump getting in office dummy.An this talk about Dems falling on the sword for Dreamers....you sound like the typical white sheet wearing POS you helped put in the WH. So save me the rants Blanche.....your shit has come home to roost.Own it and STFU

Face it,nobody is giving YOUR FUKED UP president money for his fucking wall.Fuk him and YOU

by Anonymousreply 128December 12, 2018 12:23 PM

This is good!

Trump Reportedly Threw a Tantrum After His Meeting With Nancy and Chuck

After yesterday’s hellacious tete-a-tete-a-tete between President Donald Trump, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the broad consensus among pretty much everyone not named Jesse Watters was that Pelosi more or less handed the president his ass. And if you thought Trump would handle the low-key drubbing with the sort of grace and poise that befits the President of the United States, well, buddy, I hate to disappoint.

Speaking with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Tuesday evening, LA Times White House correspondent Eli Stokols reported that after Trump left his Oval Office meeting, he immediately threw the sort of fit a three year old might have in the cereal aisle after being told they’d be getting Cheerios instead of Lucky Charms.

Per Stokols:

He stormed out of the Oval, walked into an anteroom just off the Oval Office and had in his hand a folder of briefing papers. And he just scattered them out of frustration. Threw them across the room.

As Stokols continued, he painted a picture not of a president whining about having been out-maneuvered politically, but of Trump as a little pissy baby because Chuck Schumer was basically negging him.

“[Trump] expressed frustration to the people who were present mainly with Chuck Schumer. His old New York sparring buddy he felt got the better of him. Goaded him into it,” Stokols said. “[Trump] remarked about how Schumer wouldn’t make eye contact with the president and was actually looking back at the cameras as he was making comments to the president, but directing those comments to the camera. It frustrated the president more than what worried his aides.”

Anyway, just a fun little reminder that the commander in chief is a petulant child who has hissy fits and throws his toys when people aren’t nice to him. You needed that reminder, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 12, 2018 3:00 PM

Mike Pence seemed to be in shock, his thoughts elsewhere than there in the Oval. Did he rceive some unsettling news just prior to the meeting? Perhaps notice of his having been assigned an "Individual number?"

by Anonymousreply 130December 12, 2018 3:26 PM

How it's done, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 131December 12, 2018 3:39 PM

Thank you Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 132December 12, 2018 3:53 PM

Pelosi said she will support the term limits proposals by progressives.Wow.I hope these Progressive Democrats know what they are doing. Speaker of the house is not an "on the job"training position....

by Anonymousreply 133December 13, 2018 12:07 AM

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be the next Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2018 12:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2018 12:18 AM

I think she is making a deal of only staying four years, for her Democrat naysayers... a compromise for them, to get their vote. I hope she stays, we need her. This will carry her to 2020 and halfway to 2024. She's soft spoken, but a tougher cookie than most give her credit.

by Anonymousreply 136December 13, 2018 12:21 AM

Do these Progressives have a qualified candidate to fill her shoes?If not,they need to STFU

Ocasio-Cortez.....not qualified, at all.Imagine her anti semetic rants on the floor.....it will be world war 3

by Anonymousreply 137December 13, 2018 1:14 AM

A lot more than you expect can happen in 4 years.

Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 138December 13, 2018 8:32 AM

Pelosi's meme-tastic coat so popular it will be re-issued

Washington (CNN)Nancy Pelosi, the likely next House speaker, caused a stir Tuesday when she engaged in a spirited Oval Office meeting with President Donald Trump.

It was, as they say, a fashion moment. In fact, such a ruckus was caused over the popularity of Pelosi's coat that the designer has decided to reinstate it. The coat, called the "GLAMIS," was last sold in 2013 by Max Mara, but the Italian design house late yesterday said it will re-release it in 2019 in a variety of colors. Max Mara coats typically retail $1,000-2,000, but can go as high at $4,000 and up.

A re-issue is a rarity in fashion, and typically occurs with iconic pieces -- assuming this coat now falls into the category of icon. Examples of sartorial re-instatements include Versace's re-imagining of the label's 1990's prints and patterns into its 2017 and 2018 collections, and J. Crew's re-issue of its roll-neck sweater, a staple from 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 13, 2018 5:03 PM

They're so stupid!

"GOP takes victory lap around Pelosi after passing border wall bill"

House Republicans are taking a victory lap around Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) after GOP lawmakers passed a funding bill that would provide $5 billion for President Trump's proposed border wall.

“Nancy Pelosi learned two things today," Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.) said in a statement Thursday night. "First, it’s not 2009 anymore. Second, hubris is not the same as leadership – you don’t get to march into the Oval Office and dictate your demands without compromise."

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the bill's passage was a setback for Pelosi, who is expected to become Speaker in January. "I think she may be a good vote-counter, but not on our side of the aisle," Cole said. After Pelosi's public challenge to Trump, some Republicans said they felt it was politically imperative to prove her wrong.

by Anonymousreply 140December 21, 2018 5:43 PM

LOL!

Pelosi says she was 'busy doing other things' during Ryan farewell speech

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she didn't hear Speaker Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) farewell speech on Wednesday because she "was busy doing other things." “This may come as a shock to you, but I was busy doing other things at the time. I wish him well as he goes forward," she said when asked at a news conference what she made of Ryan's remarks. "I did not really have a chance to go to the speech and hear what he had to say, but I wish him and his family season’s greetings and best wishes for a wonderful future," Pelosi added.

by Anonymousreply 141December 21, 2018 5:47 PM

Pelosi doesn’t miss a fucking beat. The dumb bricks in the House are absolutely out if her league, they are no match. They know it. She knows it. We know it. It is ducking hilarious.

I wonder if Nancy was busy getting a mani-pedi while Ryan gave his speech, with champagne of course.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2018 5:50 PM

FUCKING natch

by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2018 6:19 PM

Boarder Bill dead on arrival to Senate.Even Cheetos Republican friends are scared because January is just around the corner.An Democrats seize control of Congress. Well played Queen Nancy,you just checkmated that cheesy bitch in the WH and his conservative shills. They will own imigration and Government shutdown.

by Anonymousreply 144December 23, 2018 4:10 AM

[quote]An Democrats seize control of Congress.

Democrats are not going to be in control of Congress. Only the House of Representatives.

by Anonymousreply 145December 23, 2018 5:06 PM

Pelosi has a message for Trump: 'Nothing for the wall'

"We can go through the back and forth," the incoming House speaker told NBC News in an exclusive interview. "No. How many more times can we say no?"

Asked by NBC's Savannah Guthrie if she was willing to give up any money specifically for the border wall, Pelosi said "no."

by Anonymousreply 146January 2, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote]Bitch please,you ran in with racist rhetoric blaming Democrats for your vote either for a progressive or Trump.So yup,you supported Trump getting in office dummy.

You'er a moron. I already said I voted for Clinton, NOT Trump and NOT Sanders.

Fail

by Anonymousreply 147January 3, 2019 1:50 AM

Love how it's "racist" for America to secure it's borders but not for Mexico or Canada...... or like every other country in the world.

by Anonymousreply 148January 3, 2019 1:52 AM

So will Dream Act recipients become citizens?

by Anonymousreply 149January 3, 2019 1:53 AM

[quote]They will fix healthcare. This Cortez gal came at the right time! She's rough, has a BIG mouth, and that is good.

Lordy!! Some of you are fooled so easily by packaging!

Don't take that to the bank, lol. AOC has learned a few lines for her Bernie script and because of her Latina heritage, youth and looks is getting a lot of attention for slaying a perfectly fine Democrat with whom she had no real voting issue.

She's a novelty, and ultimately a danger to Dems whom she, and she alone has decided aren't quite progressive enough - progressive as defined only by her, of course!

by Anonymousreply 150January 3, 2019 2:11 AM

[quote]So will Dream Act recipients become citizens?

LOL! We'll see. If you were to ask Ann Coulter that will NEVER happen.

by Anonymousreply 151January 3, 2019 2:12 AM

Um r148, your dumbass got here because your asshole descendents came here and were granted citizenship, which I’m certain they did *nothing* to deserve — but now you want to change up the rules and make it impossible for immigrants to enter, much less be given asylum or have custody of their children respected — am I following you? How is that not sheer hypocrisy?

When it was honkeys coming to the US, we let in “the poor, the sick, the tired, the hungry.” But now that it’s brown people, we need to change the VERY foundation of what made America special? You’re an asshole and no one likes you. The sooner you admit it, the sooner you can find happiness. Go suck an egg.

by Anonymousreply 152January 3, 2019 2:14 AM

R17 makes a point. Can't be argued. Also these "dreamers" and their parents undercut Americans by working for pennies. Jobs of high school lawn boy and senior child care workers were decapitated by these criminals. They are criminals. They undercut and screwed over blue collar Americans of every race. Stole livings from blacks, whites, hispanics who were here for centuries. Viral parasites even in PR and Alaska. They've got to go.

Nancy (hate that bitch name) is gonna end up with a head full of lead if she keeps this up. Her own parents were immigrants so she's 1st generation without a track record. Our nation is not hers to give away. Arrivederci, Nance.

by Anonymousreply 153January 3, 2019 2:20 AM

Sit down, Nance, you Catholic ass in our Protestant nation. She needs the cane.

by Anonymousreply 154January 3, 2019 2:24 AM

R153 = eater of poo, with sprinkles on top

by Anonymousreply 155January 3, 2019 2:24 AM

R154 = hasn’t been laid in 5+ years

by Anonymousreply 156January 3, 2019 2:25 AM

R153, ooooooooo, SO whip smart! “Hate that bitch name” is how policy-decisions are made, yes? Teach us more, MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 157January 3, 2019 2:27 AM

R154, comes to a gay website taking up battle as a mother fucking Protestant. I’m CERTAIN r154 is both a regular poster AND an avid attender of the 9am service at St. John’s.

by Anonymousreply 158January 3, 2019 2:29 AM

R17, are you an idiot? These kids grew up as small children in this country, speaking English as their primary language. They attended high school, had the typical teen life in the US, maybe went to college. In other words, this IS their culture. Let's haul your ass back to wherever your ancestors came from and plunk you in the middle with possibly no language skills, little knowledge of the culture and NO funds or income. You'd be in complete shock, as would they--

by Anonymousreply 159January 3, 2019 2:30 AM

R159. Yes. She is a total fucking MORON. If it’s even a real gay man and not a troll, then she’s an ignorant, uneducated gay man who works at Walmart and has zero sex life and lives in a sheltered, sad little bubble. #Sad

by Anonymousreply 160January 3, 2019 2:33 AM

Great photo, R37. Must have been Congressional testimony about the AIDS crisis.

by Anonymousreply 161January 3, 2019 2:36 AM

R39, unless you've been living in a cave for the past year, you know the Russians had an outsized influence on both.

by Anonymousreply 162January 3, 2019 2:37 AM

Involvement in Italian-American community: Pelosi is a board member of the National Organization of Italian American Women. She served for 13 years as a board member of the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF). In 2007, she received the NIAF Special Achievement Award for Public Advocacy and remains involved in the foundation. -

Can you just imagine the cut throat cat fighting as they step on each other's faces to be Queen Bee. Maddone! 😅

I've lived it. Brutal.

by Anonymousreply 163January 3, 2019 2:38 AM

We must remember, the noise on Nancy might even surpass that of Hillary. No one, and I mean no one, can explain *why* they hate Nancy which is the biggest clue that it’s propaganda. She’s done NOTHING except serve.

She is a fierce bitch. This will be truly epic.

by Anonymousreply 164January 3, 2019 2:39 AM

Does Nancy have a graduate degree or did she gouge her way up?

by Anonymousreply 165January 3, 2019 2:40 AM

Many many people feel intimidated by a capable and determined woman, r164. And they hold it against her. It’s a sad reality of life.

by Anonymousreply 166January 3, 2019 2:42 AM

What’s your degree in r165, besides your Waste Management Certificate from your local community college?

R166, yes, and that is also propaganda. Fear of powerful women is a tool of manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 167January 3, 2019 2:43 AM

R105, that will be an iconic photo forever. It was all over the newspapers that day. And Pelosi looked fantastic. Now all the lazy journalists are wondering where they can get a red coat like hers. She'll end up owing these journalists, too. if those members of Congress were smart, they'd let her stay as long as she wanted to do so, which won't be forever.

by Anonymousreply 168January 3, 2019 2:43 AM

If you've never worked for anything it shouldn't be given to you just because you don't have it.🌠

by Anonymousreply 169January 3, 2019 2:46 AM

She has a college degree, R165. And she's never had to claw her way anywhere. She's a natural politician.

by Anonymousreply 170January 3, 2019 2:46 AM

We'll just sit back and watch you traitors drown yourselves. Catch ya later.

by Anonymousreply 171January 3, 2019 2:48 AM

R153, that sounds like a threat. The FBI has been known to visit people for less.

by Anonymousreply 172January 3, 2019 2:52 AM

HA! Report him/her/it r172, the FBI would love to lock that poster up. Notice that it hasn’t returned, it’s too scared.

by Anonymousreply 173January 3, 2019 2:58 AM

R164, that was a meme right after the 2018 election, when Dems took back the House. But she stood up to it, did her negotiating with house members, including some really ignorant men who said, no way would she be speaker, and she got the votes. Then she took Trump down in the White House, when he was stupid enough to invite the media. She was like Wonder Woman and the lazy, shallow MSM ate it up. She will continue to do her job and get things done. The MSM is looking for someone to best Trump, so they will happily feature her wins. Not saying things won't crop up, esp. from Republicans, but she has proven she can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 174January 3, 2019 2:58 AM

Type Pelosi subpoena into your browser. Notice all the right wing hate that comes up first in your search?

The republicans are afraid. Very very scared. I am delighted.

by Anonymousreply 175January 3, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote]The republicans are afraid. Very very scared.

They should be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 3, 2019 3:57 AM

I really think Nancy is quite beautiful for an older woman. She wears fabulous clothing, her hair and make-up are always well done, she has a great figure and rack. And she knows it lol. She also expresses herself very elegantly and with great poise. May we all age beautifully and be comfortable and confident and own our years — we earned them, it’s a privilege.

by Anonymousreply 177January 3, 2019 4:02 AM

R172,R173 you mean Fucking Bunch of Idiots? 😂 You're taking water in your lungs now. So how many points do I get after my victory lap?

The agency who gave the gun back to an admitted psychotic episode soldier who was hearing ISIS speak to him in Alaska after 33 days in treatment? So he slaughtered people at a Florida baggage carousel? Senor Santiago, was it? That FBI?

Stay in the shallow end if you know what's good for you, have-not wanker.🏊

by Anonymousreply 178January 3, 2019 4:09 AM

Oh please r178. Clearly, we touched a nerve lololol.

by Anonymousreply 179January 3, 2019 4:12 AM

After R177, we get who we have here. The "weekend women". Our job is done. A ghetto loon. Can't be bothered IRL no less here. You don't get to engage with us in any dimensional reality. Drowning, no less. So fitting.😎

by Anonymousreply 180January 3, 2019 4:15 AM

r180 is hurt. I’m so sad, knowing how much her bitchy name bothers you and all. Thanks for playing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 181January 3, 2019 4:52 AM

I don't even understand what R180 wrote. WTF was that gibberish?

by Anonymousreply 182January 3, 2019 11:43 AM

C'mon, gal! BRING IT!

"Pelosi says it's 'an open discussion' whether a sitting president can be indicted"

Washington (CNN)Nancy Pelosi, who is poised to be the next House speaker, said that it remains open for discussion whether the Justice Department could indict a sitting president.

Ahead of the new Democratic majority taking control of the House on Thursday, the California Democratic representative was asked whether special counsel Robert Mueller should honor the Department of Justice's opinion that a sitting US president should not be indicted. Mueller is currently investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible connections between President Donald Trump's campaign and the Kremlin.

"I do not think that that is conclusive. No, I do not," Pelosi said in an interview with NBC anchor Savannah Guthrie that aired Thursday on "Today."

Asked if Mueller could legally indict a sitting president, Pelosi said: "Let's just see what Mueller does. Let's spend our time on getting results for the American people."

by Anonymousreply 183January 3, 2019 12:46 PM

That cheered me up enough to get out of bed, R183. :)

by Anonymousreply 184January 3, 2019 12:50 PM

Keep in mind that Trump has yet to tweet today;

Manu Raju Verified account @mkraju

Pelosi on vacationing during shutdown. “The fact is we all stood ready and told our members we would give them 24 hours’ notice to be where they need to be. The president may not know this but Hawaii is part of the United States. ... Maybe he does not know that,” she said on NBC

by Anonymousreply 185January 3, 2019 1:44 PM

Philip Rucker Verified account @PhilipRucker

It’s 2019 and Nancy Pelosi is the only woman pictured around the table for yesterday’s administration briefing with congressional leaders. (Kirstjen Nielsen participated via video.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 3, 2019 1:47 PM

Mike Pence looks stoned.

by Anonymousreply 187January 3, 2019 2:02 PM

Nancy is the CAKE but this bitch and her ability to kick ass and take names is the ICING who I am most excited about!

GET 'IM, GIRL.

GET HIM!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 3, 2019 2:02 PM

Don't be surprised if Mother Maxine doesn't run up into the Senate chamber and snatch that ratty wig weave off Rand Paul's head!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 3, 2019 2:05 PM

The interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 3, 2019 2:16 PM

Nancy Pelosi with JFK:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 3, 2019 2:23 PM

QUEEN! @R188

by Anonymousreply 192January 3, 2019 2:25 PM

[quote]Bad news for Trump that Nancy Pelosi’s favorite color is burnt orange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 3, 2019 4:17 PM

We are the world...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 3, 2019 7:51 PM

R194 that is the most beautiful photo. I admit I get misty eyed when I look at it.

by Anonymousreply 195January 3, 2019 10:00 PM

😂😂🌠 R194 R195. So easy to manipulate, use and abuse your demographic. But thanks for those touching comments. Nothing is ever gonna change for you. Face it.

by Anonymousreply 196January 3, 2019 10:21 PM

It's going to backfire when none of the stunt legislation actually becomes law.

by Anonymousreply 197January 3, 2019 10:51 PM

R197, we KNOW it is stunt so we cringe extra hard when we read gullible comments at R194 R195. Sharing the same fave gossip site with them is a lesson in futility.

by Anonymousreply 198January 3, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote] Nothing is ever gonna change for you.

OH! But honey, it has ALREADY changed! The adults are back in the room! There are people who will GOVERN! They're even working now! The rule of law will once again rule. Subpoenas will be flying all over the place! Transparency will be felt and seen. Things will get done.

It's a brand new day! Can't you feel it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 4, 2019 12:12 AM

Cher Verified account @cher

Dearest @NancyPelosi ..You Are One Of My Heroes,a Role Model

For ALL 🇺🇸WOMEN,& MORE THAN A MATCH FOR trump.🥊

With❤️ & Respect🏆

Cher🥰

ps. Work With GOP When POSSIBLE,BUT MAKE SURE YOU WEAR 💄&👠👠WHEN YOU KICK trump’s ASS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 4, 2019 12:28 AM

House gossip for the day: Maxine Waters' staff held a reception today for new congresspeople, and the drink being served was...

.....wait for it....

"Reclaiming Mai Tai".

by Anonymousreply 201January 4, 2019 12:43 AM

Does Savannah Guthrie always sound like a sixth grader giving an oral book report?

Don't people in Media Studies have to take a speech class to be on tv?

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2019 7:08 AM

Speaker Pelosi took Savannah to school.

by Anonymousreply 203January 6, 2019 2:07 PM

NO TELEVISION TIME FOR YOU!!!

The Associated Press Verified account @AP

BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asks President Trump to reschedule State of the Union address until after the government reopens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 16, 2019 2:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 16, 2019 2:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 16, 2019 3:12 PM

Nancy Pelosi Sends Official Notice That She Will Block Trump From Delivering SOTU Address at Capitol

[quote]Stylish Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she will block Trump from delivering the SOTU address in the House chamber until the government reopens, rejecting the president’s demand to deliver the speech on Jan. 29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 23, 2019 7:43 PM

YEESSS! Go Nancy!!

by Anonymousreply 208January 23, 2019 7:46 PM

ALRIGHT, Miss Nancy!!!

"White House officials caught off guard by Pelosi's letter canceling State of the Union address"

(CNN)White House officials were caught off guard Wednesday by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi formally disinviting President Donald Trump from giving his State of the Union address from the House chamber, leaving them scrambling for a response.

White House officials had believed Pelosi wanted only to postpone Trump's State of the Union for political reasons after she sent a letter to him last week asking him to delay the address until after the partial government shutdown ended. The plan from administration officials was to call her bluff by pressing forward with plans to deliver the speech, including a new letter on Wednesday that they hoped would force her hand.

Now they're left exploring alternative venues. White House officials say they are hesitant to hold a campaign-style rally because they realize it's not formal enough to look like the traditional speech. Officials also recognize that it's harder to keep Trump on message during a rally, where he often feeds off the crowd, versus a more formal address. Officials noted that television networks rarely carry the rallies live.

Donald Trump dared Nancy Pelosi to cancel his State of the Union speech. So she did.

President Donald Trump will NOT be giving his State of the Union speech on the House floor next Tuesday.

That much now seems definite, following an exchange of hugely passive-aggressive letters between Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday -- a battle of words that ended with Pelosi informing Trump that she would not be introducing a "concurrent resolution" allowing him to address a bicameral session of Congress on January 29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 24, 2019 1:05 AM

I just love her.

And Alison Brie must play her in all future documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 210January 24, 2019 9:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 25, 2019 1:41 PM

Jonathan Swan Verified account @jonathanvswan

A former White House official texts me, unsolicited: “Trump looks pathetic...he just ceded his presidency to Nancy Pelosi.”

11:24 AM - 25 Jan 2019

by Anonymousreply 212January 25, 2019 6:29 PM

The Republicans brought this on themselves. The latched onto a idiot candidate and don't know how to end that ride. RIP GOP

by Anonymousreply 213January 25, 2019 6:37 PM

Exactly. He IS their Frankenstein, and they can’t control him. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 214January 25, 2019 6:42 PM

i actually really HATE this woman. something about her is so bitchy and phony. i don't like her one bit. truly supercunt.

by Anonymousreply 215January 25, 2019 6:42 PM

r215 maybe because you hate powerful women because you have no examples of her being 'bitchy' or 'phony.' Perhaps you need to a time for reflection to try to understand how Nancy got to where she is and why it bothers you. Good Luck.

by Anonymousreply 216January 25, 2019 6:50 PM

You’re funny r215. You just have this “vague” dislike, right? Can’t really give a single concrete example, but clearly she’s a cunt, yes? Lmao, you’re pathetic. You know who is a cunt? Orange Marmalade. And I can give you 1000 examples why he is one. So until you can back your shit up, there’s the fucking door bitch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 🚪

by Anonymousreply 217January 25, 2019 7:14 PM

LOL!

Pelosi on State of the Union date: 'Not planned' yet...

by Anonymousreply 218January 25, 2019 9:30 PM

How about a bill to keep hostage taking from Budget and Debt ceilings? I'm all for that!

by Anonymousreply 219January 25, 2019 9:32 PM

Because people who are criminals in youth grow up to be responsible. Yep that always happens.

But really this is the same fuckin' rehash thread the OP keeps starting, you need to F/F this guy for spam.

by Anonymousreply 220January 25, 2019 9:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 26, 2019 10:24 AM

R39, knock it off. If Trump's people hadn't separated all those asylum-seekers at the border from their children, killing babies in custody and making our courts a mockery by having year-old infants representing themselves, this wouldn't be a top issue. But no one who is sane and has a drop of compassion wants to see this circus continue. And the DACA folks who have been here since childhood would be in just as bad circumstances if they were deported. Their culture is the same as the rest of us. It is a human rights issue.

If you are really concerned about bread and butter issues, then you should be a strong supporter of Elizabeth Warren. No one knows more about these issues and how to return economic fairness to the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 222January 26, 2019 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!