Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russia attacks and captures Ukrainian ships

Russian warships have fired on Ukrainian Navy boats in the Black Sea.

At least two crew members have been injured in the clash as tensions in the Crimea dramatically escalate - and the Ukrainian Navy claim Russia has captured three ships.

It's understood two of these vessels, called Berdyansk and Nikopol, are massive warships and a third was a tugboat.

I guess Trump has given Putin assurances to do as he likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2018 10:05 PM

Hold me, David. I’m scared.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2018 8:14 PM

Well, this is not good.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2018 8:19 PM

Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t? Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2018 8:21 PM

How can I monetize this situation to maximize profits?

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2018 8:24 PM

@TheAviationist

Russia blocks passage in Kerch Strait Near Crimea, Deploys Su-25 Jets And Ka-52 Attack Helicopters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2018 8:24 PM

FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2018 8:41 PM

It's only Ukraine though. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2018 8:43 PM

I’m sure there were good people on both sides! President Putin told me he didn’t do it! Some third stupid thing!

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2018 8:44 PM

So is this Putin swinging his dick or is this some elaborate scenario where Trump stands up to him so that the Deplorables have a reason to question a Mueller’s report when it comes out?

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2018 8:46 PM

Muellers report is NOT coming out for at least a minimum of 6 more months. Ignore those who say it will be soon.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2018 8:47 PM

Wrong thread, R10?

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2018 8:51 PM

President T is too busy tear-gassing women and children at the southern border to pay attention to this.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2018 9:11 PM

The gassing at the border is to detract from Ukraine.....learn how Trump plays the game.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2018 9:13 PM

Putin and Trump definitely talked about this in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2018 9:15 PM

^ this

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2018 9:22 PM

Viva Ukraine 🇺🇦

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2018 9:24 PM

Putin knows Trump won’t do shit as goes about getting the old Soviet block countries back under his rule.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2018 11:35 PM

I won New Hampshire bigly.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2018 11:39 PM

@Conflicts

BREAKING: Russia's Federal Security Service says it impounded three Ukrainian naval ships after they illegally crossed the Russian border and three injured sailors are receiving medical treatment: RIA - @SkyNewsBreak

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2018 12:31 AM

Think about a pair of countries I could care less about. I hope they bleed each other a lot.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2018 1:20 AM

The Ukraine is a proxy nation for the US and Israel -- sort of like how North Vietnam was a proxy for Russia/China.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2018 1:40 AM

Israel also tried to intrude in Georgia, so the Russians shut them down. This is why all the rage at Putin that Israel never really played before.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2018 4:33 PM

Isn't this escalation something that both Ukraine and Russia think they could benefit from? Honest question, I'm not as versed in the Ukraine situation as I probably should be.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2018 4:35 PM

For some reason, Ukrainian ships crossed into Russian waters, causing the encounters. Why the Ukrainians intruded is not clear.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2018 4:43 PM

Whats Rudys part in all this ?....hes been spending an awful lot of time in the Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2018 4:47 PM

Of course,wasn't Russian TV reporting Putin would do this last September.Via their new deal with Trumpflakes

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2018 4:51 PM

Will there be gowns?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2018 4:55 PM

Trump the jerk will side with Putin.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2018 4:59 PM
by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2018 5:03 PM

Sympathy for the far right in Ukraine has been displayed by the CF on other occasions. In February 2016, for instance, “nearly 200 officer cadets and professors of Canada’s Royal Military College” attended a screening of Ukrainians/Les Ukrainiens: God’s Volunteer Battalion, which praised far right militias fighting in that country.

More generally, Canadians have fundraised for and joined rightist militias fighting in the Ukraine.For their part, top politicians have spoken alongside and marched with members of Ukraine’s Right Sector, which said it was “defending the values of white, Christian Europe against the loss of the nation and deregionalisation.”

(In a story titled “US-Funded Neo-Nazis in Ukraine Mentor US White Supremacists” Max Blumenthal recently described how Washington’s support for the far right in the Ukraine has blown back. Hereported, “an unsealed FBI indictment of four American white supremacists from the Rise Above Movement (RAM) declared that the defendants had trained with Ukraine’s Azov Battalion, a neo-Nazi militia officially incorporated into the country’s national guard.”)

In addition to supporting fascistic elements in Eastern Europe, the CF’s authoritarian, patriarchal and racist structure lends itself to rightist politics.

Ranging from Private Basic/Ordinary Seaman to General/Admiral,there are nineteen ranks in the CF. In deference to authority, lower must salute and obey orders from higher ranks. In addition to the hierarchy,the CF has been highly patriarchal.Until 1989 women were excluded from combat roles and the submarine service was only opened to women in 2000. As has been discussed elsewhere, extreme patriarchy represents a sort of gateway ideology to the far right.

The CF has also been a hot bed of white supremacy.For decades institutional racism was explicit with “coloured applicants”excluded from enlisting in several positions until the 1950s.Despite making up 20 percent of the Canadian population, visible minorities represent 8.2percent of the CF (it may be slightly higher since some choose not to self-identify). In 2016 three former CF members sued over systemic racism. Their suit claimed that“derogatory slurs, racial harassment and violent threats are tolerated or ignored …. Victims of racism within the Canadian Forces are forced into isolation, subjected to further trauma and, in many cases, catapulted toward early release.”

Chief of the Defence Staff John Vance’s effort to blame right wing extremism on a few bad apples won’t do. The CF needs to look at how its decisions and culture stimulates right-wing extremism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2018 10:00 PM

Fake news! Never happened! Sad!!

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2018 10:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!