Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney Gays, Part 2

Hans is here with me. Envious, fellow Disney gays?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 3, 2021 2:15 PM

My morning routine opener.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2018 7:00 AM

I really appreciate Disney's inclusiveness of late. This popular video is very touching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2018 7:14 AM

84 million views. 1 of 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2018 7:17 AM

2 of 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2018 7:18 AM

3 of 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2018 7:18 AM

Disneyland is crazy crowded already today

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2018 5:39 PM

Not really, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2018 7:11 PM

How was Wreck It Ralph 2?

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2018 2:36 AM

New John Williams score for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2018 3:00 AM

Very cute Prince Eric being very adorable, kissing that toddler's hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2018 2:35 PM

$27/hr for Principals and $25/hr for Chorus. That doesn't seem super reasonable. A whole performance is just an hour.

Very handsome Hans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2018 2:39 PM

Sorry Hans at timestamp linked.

Taylor Boldt, married actress Anna Grace Barlow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2018 2:42 PM

I'm obsessed with Disney princes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2018 6:31 AM

Fancy new hotel on property near the Swan and Dolphin, joining them as Marriott properties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2018 6:08 AM

"Wreck It Ralph 2" was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2018 3:49 PM

New Star Wars hotel news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2018 5:07 PM

At least $500/night at the Start Wars hotel.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2018 11:04 PM

They've released information about their Free Dining promotion for this year. Instead of doing it Oct-Dec like they usually do, they're doing it July-September. Apparently, they're expecting a crush of people for the Galaxy's Edge opening, which makes me think it'll be open in November. I wonder if they'll end up keeping the park open for 24 hour stretches like they did waaaaay back when Star Tours first premiered.

I gambled and booked a stay for the second week of December. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2019 11:12 PM

Russian BS about Frozen 2?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2019 5:13 PM

The SoCal Resident discounted tickets are back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2019 7:14 PM

Why are there so many gay Disney vloggers?

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2019 6:40 PM

I unexpectedly find myself making a solo trip at the end of the month. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2019 1:39 AM

R21 you'd be surprised how many straight couple Disney vloggers there are. Josh and Taylor are wonderful. The gays should be as adorable but for some reason they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2019 1:57 AM

There's one couple, Spencer and Oliver, who are married and appear to live on Orlando. Their channel is This Orlando Life. Oliver is pretty hot and British.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2019 2:04 AM

I also find myself that, since the Fox deal will finally close at the end of the month, which IP is going to appear in one of the parks first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2019 2:40 AM

Isn't Oliver the Brit who was working closely with Pete? I'd like to know what happened between those two. Kind of like Veronica and Nate who were on the Josh and Taylor vlog. Suddenly they have their own and don't mention Josh and Taylor at all.

The Wars of the Disney Vlogs!

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2019 4:42 AM

I think there's a gay couple that shows up every now and again with Josh and Taylor. I don't think they're vloggers, and they're not entirely forthcoming that they're a couple, but they have matching wedding rings.

I also randomly happened upon the vlog of a twinky stew whose channel is LifeByFrancesco. He's basic and kind of dim-witted, but likable and with a cute l'il lisp. Had a hot boyfriend as well.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2019 1:08 PM

this thread would be more interesting with pics of Disney Gays, but you bitches would drag them through a landfill.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2019 3:13 PM

There's also Adam Hatten, who is also British. He's actually in the UK, but goes to Orlando a few times a year. He travels with other Disney Gays, although many of them are not so cute. He is doing a series right now with another guy who may or may not be his boyfriend. He keeps buying the guy presents and there was a moment after they watched the new nighttime show at Universal, it looked like they were about to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2019 3:33 PM

I'm not sure why I am so into their lives.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2019 3:35 PM

R27 I know who you're talking about. They do show up occasionally as friends but they're clearly a couple. Nice but on the quiet side. The there's the young guy who has his own vlog who's always by himself but recently went to Aulani with a guy so even when he dedicated a show to questions about himself he kind of said he's not currently seeing anyone. Maybe his name is Michael Kay. I assume he is gay. Very few have personalities that I want to see repeatedly. I liked Tim Tracker but he ruined himself with tatts.

And Justin Scarred is completely bouncing off the walls bonkers. Also he might be gay. Though I'm not sure. As he's been married, has a kid, and is always with a young woman. Still he pings and seems to have deeply rooted emotional problems he's always so frantic and can't manage to calm down for a second..

Oyby I find very handsome with a great head of hair he's always putting his fingers through but he's straight and can be exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2019 3:49 PM

[quote]I liked Tim Tracker but he ruined himself with tatts.

God, he's so stupid. I don't have a problem with the tatts, but watching his videos, it's fun to count how many things he gets wrong.

He did a video last year for the Epcot Festival of the Arts, and they have these big backdrops of famous paintings that you can pose in. He showed us "Venus de Milo" (it was "Birth of Venus"), "Washington Crossing the Potomac," and "The Screamer"

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote] Maybe his name is Michael Kay. I assume he is gay.

I found his videos. I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2019 1:11 AM

A Disney bottom and his top

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2019 1:24 AM

Yeah, Francesco's boyfriend is a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2019 1:35 AM

R33 I'm not sure either but I said 'I assume' because not one video has included a woman. Ok there are other guys who have solo videos as well. But taking a guy on a Hawaiian vacation threw up a big rainbow flag for me.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2019 2:16 AM

Would you want your ashes scattered at WDW?

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2019 4:42 PM

Going to jerk it to that ass, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2019 5:42 AM

I thought this thread was about Disney actors who are gay. I'm so disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2019 6:56 AM

Live from Animal Kingdom. I got here an hour before the park opened to get a shot at Avatar without much of a wait. It was probably 20 minutes, and absolutely worth getting up early. Expedition Everest is done.

Now I went to Dinosaur, which broke, and I’m now sitting on the floor watching Phylicia Ayers Allen for the umpteenth time.

by Anonymousreply 40January 29, 2019 2:14 PM

R40, anyone hot on Grindr at Animal Kingdom?

by Anonymousreply 41January 29, 2019 2:22 PM

If I can find a quiet corner, I’ll check.

by Anonymousreply 42January 29, 2019 2:58 PM

I’m more of a Scruff guy, but there’s not a lot of “hot.” I did see two hot dudes walking around, tho.

by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2019 3:09 PM

MK today. Time to find out of what they say about Gaston is true.

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2019 12:14 PM

r44 what do “they” say about Gaston? (and is it true?)

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2019 1:45 AM

R45, I think it's that he's super queeny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2019 1:46 AM

The muscles are to keep his heels weighed down.

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2019 2:23 AM

Anakin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2019 5:02 AM

Cute Anakin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2019 5:03 AM

They find the cutest guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2019 5:04 AM

Last day. Hollywood Studios. Hoping to see Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2019 11:24 AM

Say hi to Anakin, R51. He's super cute.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2019 3:10 PM

I wonder if a gay guy did the initial sketches for and/or helped render the image at OP.

Hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2019 3:15 PM

I kept missing Anakin. I saw Phasma about 12 times, tho.

And now I sit waiting at MCO to return to my humdrum life.

I managed all four parks in a three-night stay. I haven't been to Epcot and DHS in close to 30 years, to MK since about 1994, and I've never been to AK. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Test Track, Soarin', Frozen Ever After, Tower of Terror, all of Toy Story Land (and of course, all of AK) were new to me. I went to Epcot the first night after I checked in. Managed to do everything I wanted to do, including Drinking Around the World. Doing Test Track after two margaritas, a Vodka Rossini, and one of those Grand Marnier slushes really blew my wig back. Frozen Ever After is...something I experienced. I think I would have liked Soarin' more if I hadn't been quite so intoxicated. And I got Spaceship Earth and Listen to the Land, the last vestiges of the nerdy park I loved as a kid. IllumiNations was the only nightime show I lasted for, and since it's the first and last time I'll get to see it, I'm glad I did.

I thought I was crazy going to AK for rope drop, but it was worth it. Avatar was amazing. Honestly, AK may actually have eclipsed Epcot in my heart. When I did the safari, I'm fairly certain the driver was Honey Badger Russell under a pseudonym.

AK rope drop went so well, I did it again at MK for Mine Train. It was fine, but honestly wasn't worth the wait times it usually gets. It was cold, so I kept looking for inside things between FastPasses. I sat through the Tiki Room (so cheesy and I love it) and...ugh, Carousel of Progress (again, it was warm). I had wanted to stay for the fireworks, and I ended up peacing out early because I'd hit all the roller coasters, plus Pirates, plus Haunted Mansion. The only thing I missed was the Beauty and the Beast restaurant, because you either need to wait standby or make reservations, even for lunch when it's not sit-down. Too cold to wait outside for it.

My late flight gave me the final opportunity to rope drop at DHS. Again, Slinky Dog Dash is fine, REALLY not worth the waits it gets. I thought I would loathe Tower of Terror because I hate those drop-tower rides, but I loved it so much I ended up doing it two more times. Star Tours is much improved since it got its makeover. Although I'm sure it's on its way out because of Galaxy's Edge.

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2019 8:12 PM

but did you meet any disney gays, r54?

by Anonymousreply 55February 1, 2019 12:10 AM

Any hot character actors, R54?

by Anonymousreply 56February 1, 2019 1:05 AM

R54 Looks like you didn't get to Winnie the Pooh which is just as well as it is a tragedy they dumped Mr Toad for this piece of insipid crap.

No Expedition Everest? That certainly is a major ride in AK. Enormous fun. Looks like you didn't do Rivers of Light either. Nice but no big deal.

And no Impressions of France? One of my very favorites in all of WDW. Slightly cut now which I was expecting. No more close up of the guy in the speedo in the Riviera section. Fine for the 80s but now it would be obscene. In fact I think it lasted at least until 2010.

You missed the revamping of the Tiki Room which was so horrific everyone and I mean EVERYONE hated it. It was a real doozy. One of those you had to see it to disbelieve it. Even nuns were saying 'what the fuck?!!' So they went back to the original just cutting the Offenbach Barcarole.

by Anonymousreply 57February 1, 2019 1:06 AM

[quote]but did you meet any disney gays, [R54]?

Wasn't for lack of trying. I got a few cast members hitting me up on Scruff, but that was too weird. Mostly it was guys who were there with their hags or boyfriends.

[quote]No Expedition Everest? That certainly is a major ride in AK. Enormous fun. Looks like you didn't do Rivers of Light either. Nice but no big deal.

No, I did Everest twice, Disco Yeti and all. The Single Rider Line was my friend. I wanted to do Rivers of Light, but I was really spent by about 4:30, and ended up going to Disney Springs for dinner. I think if I'd been able to snag a last-minute FastPass for Avatar (which apparently happens sometimes with single riders) I would have stayed because I did really want to see Pandora at night.

And with no disrespect to Judi Dench, I remember Walter Cronkite as the Spaceship Earth narrator, and she is no Uncle Walter.

by Anonymousreply 58February 1, 2019 2:51 AM

Judi Dench as an elf woman in [italic]Artemis Fowl[/italic]. Do we approve?

by Anonymousreply 59February 1, 2019 3:34 AM

Where did you eat at Disney Springs? Chef Art Smith's? House of Blues? Polite Pig?

And before Judi Dench it was Jeremy Irons. Walter was a very long time ago. And rumor has it that Spaceship Earth might be closing for two years which has people freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 60February 1, 2019 3:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 1, 2019 7:04 AM

R61, I like the cut of your jib.

by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2019 7:40 AM

[quote]Where did you eat at Disney Springs? Chef Art Smith's? House of Blues? Polite Pig?

D-Luxe Burger. I had the Quick Service plan, and they had a paleo-friendly option. Although at other places that wrap a burger in lettuce, it's usually a leaf or two. This was shoved between two halves on an entire head. Tasty, tho. I also walked around World of Disney. I kind swore that I wasn't going to buy any merchandise, but they had a baseball cap that was kind of tasteful. Although had I known how much I was going to love Tower of Terror, I'd have held off and bought something there.

[quote]And before Judi Dench it was Jeremy Irons. Walter was a very long time ago. And rumor has it that Spaceship Earth might be closing for two years which has people freaking out.

Oh I knew about the Irons age. I think they changed it around the time Lion King was released. I think they confirmed it's closing in 2020 and probably not reopening until the Epcot 40th in 2022. I just hope they're not going to change it into another IP-based ride. I mean, I don't mind those as much as the purists--I would fully support adding Inside Out to Journey into Imagination, because the current incarnation is an abomination--but I need them to keep some small part of the original concept.

Actually, a lot of the rides looked like they need some TLC. I could tell they've tweaked the Haunted Mansion, because the Bride and Madam Leota looked like digital projections and I loved the animated hitchhiking ghosts, but the rest of it seemed darker than I remembered, like they were trying to hide things.

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Speaking of that, Space and Big Thunder Mountains REALLY need to be re-tracked. I hope they're not too focused on the Tron coaster to do that before the 50th, but I'm not sure how much time it would take.

In all honesty, the thing that impressed me the most was the theming for Africa and India. I loved all the street performers in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2019 1:32 PM

I visited all four parks over a decade ago. I'll visit Disneyland, however, when Star Wars opens, but not WDW until they open something new that's big (i.e. another park, even another water park, vs. the Fantasia Gardens & Miniature Golf).

They're due for both — new water park, new theme park. I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 1, 2019 1:43 PM

Any new parks in Orlando are a long, long way off. If they didn't do it for Star Wars, they probably won't do it for anything else. Maybe Marvel, if they ever buy out the Universal contract.

The only reason that DHS and AK exist is because Michael Eisner wanted to box in more tourists. A movie-themed park to compete with Universal Orlando, and an animal park to compete with Busch Gardens Tampa. Even DCA was a California-themed park to compete with California.

by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2019 1:48 PM

Agree, R66.

by Anonymousreply 67February 1, 2019 1:51 PM

R66, surely another water park. The last one, Blizzard Beach, opened in 1995.

Volcano Bay at Universal (2017) looks very impressive, but of course it's missing Disney's magic theming. Blizzard Beach is brilliant.

I want Disney (and Universal) to be so compelling in Orlando that it destroys SeaWorld's operations there (in that no one will leave the resorts).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2019 1:55 PM

Fucking hot, R61. I love Hans.

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2019 2:00 PM

I was envying Shanghai Disneyland, given the scale of the park and its newer attractions, but then I learned how shitty it is on the ground (bad manners). DisneySea is tops for me among the parks (at least from what I've seen on YouTube). The new Frozen land, which they're building now, looks great.

Love that the Oriental Land Co. built Tokyo Disneyland on wasted industrial sites. Wish Disney had done the same in Florida, instead of destroying so much wildlife habitat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 1, 2019 2:10 PM

[quote]DisneySea is tops for me among the parks (at least from what I've seen on YouTube).

I really don't get the mindset of the YouTubers who seem to exclusively vacation at Disney--and seem to travel internationally only to go to Disney parks--but when I finally get to cross Japan off of my bucket list, I am 1000% spending a day or two at Tokyo Disney.

I wish all the tourists, American and otherwise, at WDW were as polite as the Japanese ones are. I found a lot of people's line etiquette horrifying. And apparently, there's been an epidemic of people in scooters banging into people. I had my toes run over once or twice.

by Anonymousreply 71February 1, 2019 2:16 PM

So weird lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 1, 2019 2:19 PM

I remember was Space Mountain was smooth you felt like you were gliding and zipping all over the place and with the other rockets with their phosphorescent strip speeding by and over you it was such an exhilarating experience. Now you just get jostled and banged around in the dark. Getting rid of the lighting on the other rockets was truly as stupid as ruining the People mover in Disneyland. You can't even believe executives can be so incompetent like the revamped Tiki Room.

Closing Spaceship Earth the symbol that represents and introduces you to Epcot for two years is another idiocy that defies belief.

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2019 2:22 PM

When Prince Eric met Gaston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2019 2:49 PM

Watching cartoon characters have sex is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2019 3:35 PM

[quote]Any hot character actors, [R54]?

Just Charles Durning.

by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote]I could tell they've tweaked the Haunted Mansion, because the Bride and Madam Leota looked like digital projections and I loved the animated hitchhiking ghosts, but the rest of it seemed darker than I remembered, like they were trying to hide things.

they’ve done a shit-tom of work on the Mansion, you dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2019 8:53 PM

^ugh, ton. how does autocorrect conflate a dark ride with a drum?

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2019 8:54 PM

[quote]they’ve done a shit-tom of work on the Mansion, you dumbass.

Where, tho? I saw the Bride, Leota. The paintings on the wall before the Esher room, plus Leota's tombstone in the queue. The stretching room and the ballroom looked the same, as did the cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2019 8:58 PM

Wow. R76 proved why fat jokes are only funny when people who are also fat do it. Same deal as blacks and the N-word. I think we've learned a very important lesson here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 1, 2019 9:23 PM

Disney DILFs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 2, 2019 6:37 AM

So many hot guys, all trapped by wives and kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 2, 2019 6:38 AM

Yes. So many DILFs.

I did see one of two sets of gay DILFs, which warmed my cold, dead heart.

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2019 12:13 PM

They dumped a bunch if info about Galaxy's Edge and did a press event where they showed some stuff off.

They're going to be using the same hyper-advanced animatronics that we saw on the Japanese Beauty and the Beast ride, and I believe also the Shaman on Na'Vi River Journey. Since this isn't cartoony like BatB or a complete alien like the Shaman, I would argue it's the most human-like of the ones we've seen. And I think they may have made it out of the Uncanny Valley--I HONESTLY thought it was an actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Galaxy’s Edge is opening early, but in stages. Comes to Disneyland May 31st, and DHS August 29th. Which means my gamble on December paid off.

I win, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 85March 7, 2019 9:58 PM

I'm loving John Williams theme for Galaxy's Edge. The first half is very 90s Jerry Goldsmith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 7, 2019 10:07 PM

I spent the summer before grad school as a cast member at WDW. Lived in a two bedroom place with three other guys but it wasn't that bad because we were always partying. I was a Disney prince and my main squeeze was a Disney villain. He was a hot commodity, not the least of which was for having a two bedroom place with only one roommate.

by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2019 10:31 PM

Which prince and which villain? And did you ever get it on in the Utiladors?

by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2019 6:20 PM

Everyone gets it on in the utilidors. Even the princesses. A real dungeon.

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2019 10:28 AM

I demand stories!

by Anonymousreply 90March 9, 2019 3:46 PM

Very long, but fascinating video of both the foibles with Hong Kong Disneyland, as well as all the missteps Michael Eisner took, both in the parks and in the studios generally.

We're all kind of bemoaning what they're doing to Epcot, but Iger being such a fixer is probably something the company needed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2019 2:50 PM

Short version: They overspent on EuroDisney so Eisner overcompensated by cutting corners on every subsequent park, foreign and domestic. Oh, how easily a former hero can become a villain.

by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2019 3:32 PM

It's partly that, but the stuff with Hong Kong Disneyland is hilarious. Nothing went right. I don't know which was funnier, the boats dredging the shoreline in front of the park site coming across a bunch of unexploded bombs from WWII, their creative accounting to get the number of attractions at opening up (including counting Guest Services), or the worker who scaled Space Mountain and threatened suicide over working conditions.

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2019 3:39 PM

R91, I just watched that video a few hours ago!

I spend way too much time watching Disney vlogs, mostly just in the last year or so. Oliver and Spencer are charming and funny, and I've grown to really appreciate the WDW Couple (Josh and Taylor) because their vlogs are well-edited and schtick-free. But, wow, some of the others are truly cringe-inducing and even a bit creepy.

The DIS is a favorite mostly because I have a crush on Ryno. Plus, I get a kick out of Pete's diva fits.

by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2019 4:14 PM

Me too, although I don't quite get ones who seem to only do Disney. It's one thing for AJ, because that's how she makes a living, but everyone else who's just an enthusiast.

Tim Tracker's idiocies make me cringe, and his interactions with the costumed characters, which seem way too serious, just seem a little off. There's a real person with their own hopes and dreams inside there.

by Anonymousreply 95March 24, 2019 4:29 PM

Oh, so Star Tours isn't going away yet. That's good.

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2019 8:36 PM

Wait, Universal is building a third gate? Well, I guess fourth if you count Volcano Bay.

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2019 12:45 PM

Is anyone going to gay days in June? They are calling it Obe Magical Weekend now as the party circuit gay days is moving to August.

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Or One Magical Weekend.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Is this the one they've started to officially recognize?

I can't imagine abiding the crowds in June. And I definitely couldn't do both the crowds and the weather in August.

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2019 4:19 PM

Well, I think the locals see the June one as the official one as they started it and the circuit party people see the August one as the official one. The augur one is called Gay Days. It’s rainier in August but crowds start to thin. Will be interesting to see how the August one does. I’m still doing the June one.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2019 3:04 AM

I love Adam Hattan and obsessed Brits are with Olive Garden.

Is Michael Kay gay? His videos always make me happy.

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Adam posted some pictures of himself done up for Pirate Night on a recent cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and he looked incredibly fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2019 1:18 AM

They're attempting to get the Skyliner operating in time for the Galaxy's Edge opening. In terms of the number of people it's going to carry, it's the equivalent of adding 30 buses per hour,

They seem to be focusing on getting all of Galaxy's Edge open as soon as possible. They just announced that they've pushed Runaway Railway back to 2020, I assume because they want to focus everything on Rise of the Resistance. And the staged opening probably also makes it less imperative that they have something else to help disperse the crowds.

They also announced that Runaway Railway will also be coming to Toontown in Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2019 12:02 PM

We got free dining in July, so we’re thinking Disney noticed a lack of summer bookings and is trying to fill rooms. We got 7 days at Caribbean Beach so fingers crossed the resort construction is done and the parks aren’t crowded as folks wait for Star Wars. So excited!

by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2019 12:16 PM

Caribbean Beach is finished, and apparently looks great.

I was thinking about adding a day to our December stay, and everything Value and Moderate looks booked up. I'm trying to adjust expectations accordingly, and accepting that I'm going to end up paying out the ass for Early Morning Magic if I want some decent quiet time. I was going to do the Very Merry Christmas Party, but I'm not sure I want to pay for both.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2019 12:20 PM

The Star Wars attraction looks like it will be amazing. I saw part of the model in the park. Eventually Disney will have a Star Wars hotel in the park, allowing you the full immersive experience (like sleeping in a space ship) etc.

The place will be a madhouse soon

by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2019 12:20 PM

Hollywood Studios is the weakest of all the Disney Parks so it’s great that it will soon have Galaxy’s Edge. In fact, Disney is already emphasizing Star Wars throughout this park—to compete with the success of Universal’s Harry Potter

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2019 12:26 PM

I hate disunplugged when Charles isn't on it. He's straight but Pete put him up for a while. It would have been difficult for me to have done it. I would have been no way! Don't know what Boda was going through but it was clearly a rough patch. Very cute with an unexpecting stinging sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2019 9:05 PM

Need to keep up with the Disney parks on the reg? We watch DSNY Newscast with Jack (smoking hot), Mickey Views (the host is grating) and DFB.

by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]Jack (smoking hot)

dis dude?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2019 12:35 PM

[R111] that’s him!

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Jack is indeed smokin' hot, but I find him kind of obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2019 1:17 PM

I like Michael Kay in part because tears sprang into his eyes upon setting eyes on Disney Aulani for the first time. That someone gets so much joy from the little things, like a hotel room, and coffee, and sandwiches is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2019 1:17 AM

Is Aulani a little thing? I assume it costs a fortune. I could cry when I see the Poly because I'll never be able to afford it again.

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2019 1:23 AM

Rack rate for a standard room at Aulani is $500 a night. That's basically a room at one of the Deluxe Resorts. Even the Vero Beach and Hilton Head resorts, which offer a lot less, have a pretty hefty Disney Tax.

I would assume that, just like most influencers, Disney comped his stay.

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2019 11:41 AM

Speaking of incredibly expensive Disney experiences, they've finally started to make headway on the Star Wars hotel. I get that it's basically going to be basically a cruise on land, they've got to at least be charging $3K for a two-three day experience, probably plus tickets and food.

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2019 4:04 PM

Maybe the Wilderness Lodge is some where in the 400-500 range but I think the Poly and Floridian are a couple of hundred more.

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2019 4:11 PM

For the value season at least, the Poly and the Grand Floridian are about $50 more, and most of the other ones are about $50 less. Boardwalk is pretty much exactly the same, though.

I don't know what the season for Hawaii is, so I'm not sure if this is apples to apples.

I'm just waiting for the Star Wars hullabaloo to die down, because I'd bet good money they'll announce a non-theme park resort. Probably finally build Walt's ski lodge.

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2019 4:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 25, 2019 4:17 PM

4-hour limit in Star Wars Land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 25, 2019 4:18 PM

The only way I'll visit the parks is if they build a new one, or if I do the VIP thing so I'm not wasting time.

by Anonymousreply 122April 25, 2019 4:21 PM

r121 So it’s like a FastPass for the entire land that lasts 4 hours? And only for the first 2 months of it being open. No doubt it will be near impossible to get too. I’m in FL and just visited WDW last month, but I I’m planning on staying away until at least 2021 until most of the Star Wars hoopla dies down.

by Anonymousreply 123April 25, 2019 6:47 PM

No fast passes in Disney World for GE. People are going to spend all day long on lines. They'll have to close it early in the day to avoid wall to wall people. Disney is warning people just because you have tickets to Hollywood Studios it in no way guarantees you entrance to GE. I was in DW early in the month. I think a lot of people will be going before it opens just to avoid all the extra crowds. If you have no interest in Star Wars it's worth it to visit before then. Just have tons of cash. Or credits cards with plenty of available credit.

by Anonymousreply 124April 25, 2019 9:56 PM

This Twitter account puts together aerial footage of theme parks, including Galaxy's Edge. This is just a small slice of it. It is MASSIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2019 10:45 PM

The new Sleeping Beauty Castle has been revealed.

What say you, Disneyland Gays?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 1, 2019 12:55 AM

Also, how big was the dumptruck full of money that they backed up in Harrison Ford's driveway to get him to attend the GE dedication?

by Anonymousreply 127June 1, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote]Probably finally build Walt's ski lodge.

I would consider going there and I don't like skiing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 1, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote]I love Adam Hattan

He's awful. If the pitch of his voice gets any higher when he's queening, only dogs will hear it. He's discussed his mental difficulty with crowds, but I think he must have some kind of physical problem as well since he starts his day in a park late and is exhausted by the afternoon. I go from rope drop to park close non-stop with no issues and I'm 30 years older. I feel sorry for anyone he travels with, because he's obsessive and an insufferable control freak. He will whine and demand that those with him do what he wants to do, which are things he obsessively does over and over. And his friends lose park time since Adam has to go back to the room to chill because he's worn out after a few hours. I don't know if it's some of ADD, but he can't stay in one park ever for a full day, which I also find annoying.

by Anonymousreply 129June 1, 2019 1:46 AM

I'm also somewhat...perplexed by his ability to cry at the drop of a hat.

Like, I love Disney too. I was super happy to be back at WDW for the first time in 25 years back in January. I did not, however, start weeping when I was in sight of Spaceship Earth for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 130June 1, 2019 1:50 AM

Gary C has the patience of a saint for putting up with Adam. I like Gary because he seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 131June 1, 2019 1:57 AM

Sam Mealie, who accompanied Adam on a trip last year, is my new British Disney Vlogger boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 132June 1, 2019 2:00 AM

Sam can seem so sad sack, but I realize he's doing it as an English schtick. I admire when he went solo to WDW how easily he made friends. Of course, it's easier for a person with a British accent to do that in America. I also like that he stood his ground with Adam.

by Anonymousreply 133June 1, 2019 2:24 AM

I want to know what happens in Frozen 2.

by Anonymousreply 134June 1, 2019 6:29 AM

I'm halfway serious about this: Disney Food Blog has a new video where AJ went to the $1250/plate dinner at 21 Royal in the former Dream Suite over Pirates in Disneyland.

Anybody want to go in on it, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 1, 2019 3:58 PM

Drone flight through the land. It's just incredible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 1, 2019 4:25 PM

Meanwhile, employees will still be sleeping out of their cars.

by Anonymousreply 137June 1, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, employees will still be sleeping out of their cars.

They agreed to raise their starting wage to $15/hour over the next few years. They needed to be shamed into, but they got there.

by Anonymousreply 138June 1, 2019 4:49 PM

That means little when you consider the cost of living in CA.

by Anonymousreply 139June 1, 2019 4:57 PM

Apparently, the Epcot apocalypse is scheduled to be announced at D23 at the end of August. Among the rumors:

-Innoventions East is safe, with Electric Umbrella and Mouse Gears getting facelifts.

-Innoventions West is dunzo, with Club Cool likely completely going away.

-The Seas and the Land will remain unchanged, but will be getting some renovations.

-New festival space, since Wonders of Life is getting a new attraction.

-Likely addition of Doctor Strange in some form.

-And...Future World being renamed to Epcot Center. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 140June 15, 2019 2:37 PM

r140 but when will they reinstall the original Journey Into Imagination ride? and re-open the 2nd floor!

by Anonymousreply 141June 15, 2019 8:34 PM

That Hagrid ride at Universal has vloggers crying. I don't quite get people crying when a new theme park attraction opens but that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 142June 16, 2019 8:10 PM

I watched Sam's video of him waiting on line for 10 hours on the first day. I think it broke him.

But I would be happy to console him, or at least buy him a Chocolate Frog.

by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2019 12:59 AM

I met Sam and his travel companion at WDW last week. Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Lucky. With my luck, I'd just run into Tim Tracker.

by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2019 1:47 AM

I wouldn't mind running into some of the Disuplugged people or Roy and Brennan.

by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2019 2:36 AM

I'd like Steve Porter from DIS to run into me, penis first.

by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2019 8:37 AM

Steve is straight. How about Kevin or John?

by Anonymousreply 148June 17, 2019 10:55 AM

It has to be straight Steve or no one, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 149June 17, 2019 11:33 PM

One man Beauty and the Beast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 17, 2019 11:57 PM

Patrick goes to Disneyland Paris for the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2019 6:18 AM

The best. Piece of ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2019 6:29 AM

Marvel land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2019 6:32 AM

Onward looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2019 6:33 AM

We went to Galaxy’s Edge today. It was impressive, T-fighter and Millennium Falcon built to scale. The Cantina was really fun! They have a cocktail with Chinese Peppercorn form that makes your lips tingle. It was very gratifying to have my first booze in Disneyland.

They have a lot of pride stuff right now including clothing and even a rainbow stuffed Mickey.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2019 6:37 AM

Sorry foam not form

by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2019 6:38 AM

Was it crazy packed, R155?

by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2019 6:39 AM

R61 is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2019 6:42 AM

R157 they are regulating admission with reservations so it wasn’t too bad except to get into the bar. It is also built very near to where the fireworks go off, they were spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2019 6:47 AM

🤑🤑🤑🤑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2019 6:49 AM

I still can't get over how they built in France. How dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 18, 2019 6:50 AM

Official pride celebration in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 18, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote]I still can't get over how they built in France. How dumb.

One can quibble over the logic of the placement, but it's still the most visited theme park in Europe by a wide margin.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2019 12:50 PM

The Rainbow Tunnel is coming back!

They're going to be doing an exhibition of the concepts for the new Epcot at the former Odyssey Restaurant, and they're reassembling it there.

by Anonymousreply 164June 22, 2019 5:41 PM

Apparently, the fourth gate at Universal is going to be called Fantastic Worlds. If rumors are to be believed, each of the worlds are going to be self-contained, like Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, or Diagon Alley. They'll branch off a central hub that's more like CityWalk, and to enter the individual areas, you'll scan your ticket first. You apparently won't need a ticket to get into the hub.

The worlds they're using are likely another Harry Potter land (this one set at the Ministry of Magic during the Fantastic Beasts era), a Nintendo world, a Dark Universe world (finally, a GOOD idea for those properties), How to Train Your Dragon. They're additionally borrowing from Tokyo DisneySea's Hotel MiraCosta and putting a hotel inside the park.

by Anonymousreply 165June 22, 2019 7:36 PM

Adam and Gary C are off to Disneyland Paris.

Apparently, the area around the hotel in Kings Cross where Adam stayed prior to getting on the Eurostar was quite scary at 10PM.

by Anonymousreply 166June 30, 2019 10:11 PM

R165, what's Dark Universe?

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2019 1:13 AM

The shared Universal Monsters shared universe thing they were trying to start, first with Dracula Untold and then with the Tom Cruise Mummy. Except no one cares.

Basing a theme park around it, however, is a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2019 1:26 AM

There was a rumour that Disney was going to make a whole park related to its villains.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2019 5:15 AM

IIRC that was scrapped a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2019 5:19 AM

r169 except DataLounge already existed, and was trademarked.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2019 11:09 AM

Glad Hans is in the sequel.

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2019 11:12 AM

I kind of wish I was going this summer, even though I would miss Galaxy's Edge. The Villains After Hours hard ticket even at Magic Kingdom sounds like a lot more fun than Not-So Scary Halloween and Very Merry Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2019 11:21 AM

r173 no. They are not. Not so Scary is a nightmare. Overcrowded and imagine being in Florida, it's 86 degrees and you are lugging Disney parks bags full of candy everywhere. Christmas is better. The villains' thing? Too much money for what you actually get. Disney used to have a simple after hours pass you could get on days where the park would be open late and the tops rides were open. So much better, then they realized they could make more money by charging more and slapping some shitty branding on it.

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2019 12:18 PM

Just got back. We stayed at the dolphin - on prop but not a Disney hotel. It was still over 2000 for just the hotel. The nice thing is we walked to Epcot and DHS. The Magic Kingdom? Get a Lyft. THey drop you off right at the park entrance. The TTA is under construction so you have to walk a mile even if you get a tram JUST to get to the monorail or boat. Parking is 25 a day at any park. The Lyft to the park was 9.24 and my driver was a smoking hot Latino who I flirted with the entire ride (and got his number lol). The parks are crowded in the summer. It was ungodly hot and rained, torrential rains for hours. We actually had a tornado warning one day. Since we booked a good neighbor hotel we could book our fast passes 60 days in advance so we got to ride everything we wanted even flights of passage. We stayed to see illuminations since it is going away and yeah, it should. Worst of the fireworks. One thing I noticed is there are really two Disneys now. One for the middle class and one for the rich. I saw a bunch of VIP tours of Disney with families (mostly foreign). Affordable food options are horrible and very expensive. The better dining in parks is insane in price. We ate at Tiffins in the Animal Kingdom. dinner for two was 200 plus tip. We ate at Coral Reef in Epcot, the food was awful. Even with the Prix Fix menu, we paid close to 200. Quick service was no better. A typical sanwich, fries, drink combo for two was close to 30-40 dollars. Sodas, bottled water in park was 5 a piece I think?

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote]We ate at Tiffins in the Animal Kingdom. dinner for two was 200 plus tip. We ate at Coral Reef in Epcot, the food was awful. Even with the Prix Fix menu, we paid close to 200.

If you are willing to pay $100 per person for a meal, you’re not hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2019 1:16 PM

r176 I didn't say I was, but it stings none the less.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote][R173] no. They are not. Not so Scary is a nightmare. Overcrowded and imagine being in Florida, it's 86 degrees and you are lugging Disney parks bags full of candy everywhere. Christmas is better. The villains' thing? Too much money for what you actually get. Disney used to have a simple after hours pass you could get on days where the park would be open late and the tops rides were open. So much better, then they realized they could make more money by charging more and slapping some shitty branding on it.

Damn. I'm much more of a Halloween person, so it's kind of a bummer that it's not great.

They still do the Extra Magic Hours for on-site guests, although I'm sure that's been pared back with the hard ticket stuff. And Early Morning Magic, which I guess is only for Fantasyland and Toy Story Land (although they'll offer it for Galaxy's Edge soon--starting at 6AM!). That at least includes breakfast.

We have the dining plan for our trip. It just made sense, because we're planning on several fancy dinners, and that has to come out cheaper. I mean, we'll likely only eat two meals a day, so the two-credit thing is fine.

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2019 1:32 PM

r178 if you are a Halloween person I suggest the NIghtmare redux of Haunted Mansion in Disneyland - they do Halloween sooo much better than WDW.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2019 4:58 PM

Oh, I'm so down for that. It's just harder for me to justify a trip to California. I wouldn't just do Disney, but it would mean a longer flight from the East Coast, so I'd want to spend more time wandering around. I'm not a beach person, so I'd probably combine Disney and Joshua Tree. Just need to figure out how to pull it off.

We're going to WDW in December, and I can't quite make myself pull the trigger on Very Merry Christmas. About the only benefit I can see is the reduced crowd. The fake snow and "free" cookies don't really do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]Oh, I'm so down for that. It's just harder for me to justify a trip to California. I wouldn't just do Disney, but it would mean a longer flight from the East Coast, so I'd want to spend more time wandering around. I'm not a beach person, so I'd probably combine Disney and Joshua Tree. Just need to figure out how to pull it off.

It’s all about what you’re used to, but after years of Disneyland, I was a little disappointed by WDW. World Showcase and Pandora were great, but most of the rides found at both parks are better at DL. And DL is much warmer—it’s smaller and feels like a jewel. DW was very large and impersonal, and it felt corporate.

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2019 5:21 PM

I can see the corporate bean counting more blatantly at WDW. But it's also their crown jewel (I mean, Disneyland is the more pure of heart, obviously), and Epcot was the best thing ever for a nerdy kid (I know, almost all of that is gone now, RIP Horizons).

Also, at present, DCA doesn't really appeal to me, particularly with their latest innovation just slapping a Pixar facade on the old Paradise Pier. I'll get there, but will probably wait for Avengers Land.

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2019 5:40 PM

r180 it actually was not hat more expensive. We did a vegas Disney combo. I suggest weekdays in Disney and the weekend in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 183July 1, 2019 7:01 PM

Vegas really doesn't appeal to me. I can just light the money on fire and safe the step.

Rumors say that a big refresh of Haunted Mansion is coming, including the addition, at least, of the Hatbox Ghost.

by Anonymousreply 184July 1, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Rumors say that a big refresh of Haunted Mansion is coming, including the addition, at least, of the Hatbox Ghost.

NOW I may have to consider a return trip!

by Anonymousreply 185July 1, 2019 11:49 PM

t185 Hatbox has been added in the HM in DL but not WDW

by Anonymousreply 186July 2, 2019 12:48 PM

r185 sorry damn phat phingers.

by Anonymousreply 187July 2, 2019 12:59 PM

They're apparently doing 50 things for the 50th anniversary. Some of this is things that are already announced, like the Tron coaster, but there's also rumors of refurbs for Haunted Mansion and adding the enchancments that Disneyland's Big Thunder got as well.

The rumors of a Brazil pavilion coming to Epcot are getting louder.

by Anonymousreply 188July 2, 2019 3:59 PM

I'm glad the DL Disney Gays aren't quite as...anal as a lot of other online Disney fans. Looking at other forums, some of it's like a car crash. I can't stop looking.

by Anonymousreply 189July 2, 2019 7:22 PM

R189 I visited Disboards because I listened to their podcast before going to DW for the first time. It was crazy! Bitterness, recrimination, and so much entitlement. I never went back.

by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2019 7:40 PM

I get it. Horizons was cool. Its ultimate fate was sad.

It closed 20 years ago. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 191July 2, 2019 7:43 PM

A lot of them also seem to think that Walt Disney was some kind of benevolent genius who never thought about making money.

by Anonymousreply 192July 2, 2019 7:44 PM

I have friends are disney psychos. I go because my husband loves it and it makes him happy. I tolerate it when we are with our friends my wit is not appreciated. I made a joke about walt's head being in club cool and I was berated for 20 minutes lol.

by Anonymousreply 193July 2, 2019 8:04 PM

Does anyone watch Oliver and Spencer's YT channel? It's gone downhill. What other Disney themed YT channels do people here watch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 3, 2019 12:25 AM

have any Disney Gays recently stayed at Orlando’s Parliament House? for some reason I was thinking about that place today.

by Anonymousreply 195July 3, 2019 12:29 AM

Has anyone followed the saga of BackDoorDisney?

Before anyone makes the joke, this was not anything dedicated to Gaston being a powerbottom for Flynn Ryder. It is/was a YouTube channel of a former WDW employee who started doing urban exploration around the parks. Not content to break Disney rules, he decided to start breaking actual laws as well. Last year, someone stole clothes off of Buzzy, the animatronic from Cranium Command that was still intact behind a wall in the Wonders of Life. BackDoor guy ended up being arrested for it after some tweets lead to them serving him with a search warrant. While they were executing the warrant, they also found that he'd stolen things from Haunted Mansion as well. He was apparently also an asshole, which has lead to a bunch of schadenfreude among the Disney nuts.

The truly interesting part is that it came out that at some point, the ENTIRE Buzzy animatronic had been stolen as well. They haven't charged this dude with the crime, but I have no idea how you would pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 196July 3, 2019 11:03 AM

Main Street Electrical Parade is making a limited run this summer at Disneyland.

Given the unexpected announcement, people are speculating about it meaning that Rise of the Resistance is being delayed.

by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2019 6:51 PM

They just had that electrical parade a couple if years ago, no? Let ‘em cool off before you haul them out again.

I rode California Screamin’ the day of the first Ridgecrest quake. REALLY stupid in retrospect! Didn’t even think about it.

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2019 7:36 PM

You mean IncrediCoaster?

Man, judging by the number of videos proclaiming Galaxy's Edge a failure, it seems like no one hates Disney quite as much as Disney fans.

by Anonymousreply 199July 7, 2019 12:59 AM

I’ve only started hearing *open* derision for GE over the past few days (article below). I think it’s a shame. I understand what they were going for. They wanted to create a completely immersive land that was not necessarily user friendly on first pass. With the obscure signing, (minimally) complicated app, and cast members staying in character and refusing to answer questions that acknowledged the world outside GE, they were trying to create the experience of being in a foreign country. I think it was bold and very cool, but it seems like more people want ease and familiarity.

Smuggler’s Run, though....what were they thinking? Four of the six positions involve staring at buttons and waiting for them to light up so you can press them. It’s almost shockingly misguided, even if the design is amazing.

I like all the food and the drinks there, like the feel of the land, but it needs the new ride to open and round things out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 8, 2019 11:21 PM

Mulan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 9, 2019 2:42 AM

Stephen, the Walt Disney World Ambassador, seems adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 9, 2019 6:24 AM

[quote]I’ve only started hearing *open* derision for GE over the past few days (article below). I think it’s a shame. I understand what they were going for. They wanted to create a completely immersive land that was not necessarily user friendly on first pass. With the obscure signing, (minimally) complicated app, and cast members staying in character and refusing to answer questions that acknowledged the world outside GE, they were trying to create the experience of being in a foreign country. I think it was bold and very cool, but it seems like more people want ease and familiarity.

It just seems like people are whining for the sake of whining. I mean, I think it was dumb to open the land with only one ride, but that's basically what Universal did with Diagon Alley, and that worked well.

by Anonymousreply 203July 9, 2019 1:49 PM

They're closing Blizzard Beach for an extra six weeks this year for a more thorough rehab and some enhancements. I wonder how many of those will involve Frozen.

by Anonymousreply 204July 9, 2019 10:57 PM

Straight Disney vlogger JoJo, who is about to end his DCP, discusses his role as a custodian at WDW. He's cute so he has some gay followers who I believe want to make out with him or at least get into his pants. His multi-racial ethnic heritage is a good looking mix of French Canadian and St. Vincent islander. Subscribe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2019 1:45 AM

Rumors on the Twitter that Disney has being hiring new castmembers specifically for Rise of the Resistance, so there's speculation they may be pushing to have it open with the rest of the land. I wonder if they'll get the Disneyland version open before, or concurrently.

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2019 6:46 PM

GE is a bust at Disneyland, so no hurry to finish it there.

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2019 10:55 PM

Rise of the Resistance officially coming to Hollywood Studios on December 5th, and at Disneyland on January 17th.

by Anonymousreply 208July 11, 2019 4:29 PM

Disneyland is having cutbacks due to the Galaxy's Edge disaster. WDW and the east coast may be different.

by Anonymousreply 209July 12, 2019 1:08 AM

And the Skyliner is officially taking off on September 29th.

by Anonymousreply 210July 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Why wasn't Pocahontas a bigger thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 18, 2019 6:35 AM

r221 - it was at the time - colors of the wind was a big hit for Vanessa WIlliams, it's domestic and world gross were better than the Little Mermaid. It won two Academy awards as well. It is just not referenced as much as others because is is rooted in facts...really bad disney facts but there is no magic or talking lobsters.

by Anonymousreply 212July 19, 2019 12:27 PM

Pocahontas suffered the same as The Princess and the Frog.

by Anonymousreply 213July 19, 2019 1:43 PM

R212, there is a magical, talking willow tree voiced by Linda Hunt.

by Anonymousreply 214July 19, 2019 1:46 PM

"Pocahontas" had the bad luck to be the Disney film directly following "The Lion King" which was a massive, massive hit. So no matter what it pulled in at the box office, it was bound to be seen as a disappointing take.

"Mulan," on the other hand, seems to have grown in popularity since it was released.

by Anonymousreply 215July 19, 2019 1:48 PM

Greater appreciation of Eddie Murphy’s dragon has helped Mulan.

by Anonymousreply 216July 19, 2019 2:25 PM

Pocahontas did 346 million Box office, Little Mermaid - 233 million, Mulan - 304 million. There are numerous Little Mermaid rides and shows at Disney, not so much for Mulan and Pocahontas.

It was the 4th highest-grossing movie of 1995.

by Anonymousreply 217July 19, 2019 3:45 PM

I'm surprised Pocahontas is so hated by critics. Jeeze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 20, 2019 7:39 PM

Gene Siskel loved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 20, 2019 7:39 PM

It looks like the Mary Poppins ride at Epcot UK is coming. Supposedly, it's a double-decker carousel that is partially enclosed to make you feel like you're going into and out of an animated world. That actually sounds...charming.

by Anonymousreply 220July 26, 2019 5:57 PM

For Epcot, Disney should have put money into building a new Brazilian pavilion with a lot of bare Brazilian cast members.

by Anonymousreply 221July 27, 2019 12:16 AM

r221 they could also expand the Canadian Pavilion to include Montreal’s bear bar district. Special appearance by William Seed

by Anonymousreply 222July 27, 2019 12:27 AM

There is a bear bar district in Montreal?? Good lord! there is usually only one bear bar in a city.

by Anonymousreply 223July 27, 2019 12:29 AM

The new gate at Universal Orlando is officially called Epic Universe.

by Anonymousreply 224August 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Made my reservation for the cantina the week after Rise of the Resistance opens. Apparently it's the only way you can guarantee admittance if the land/park get to capacity.

by Anonymousreply 225August 8, 2019 9:08 PM

r225, thanks for the heads-up. I have booked Oga's also for December, the week before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 226August 9, 2019 10:17 AM

Patrick is brave to show those love handles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2019 2:42 PM

Good ol' DL body dysmorphia.

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2019 2:44 PM

It's the middle of August, so naturally the Magic Kingdom has begun their Halloween celebrations.

They have a new fireworks show this year, and the projection mapping on the castle is nothing short of astonishing. Every time I think they've hit the limit of what they're able to do with it, they find a way to top themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 17, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote]I'm just waiting for the Star Wars hullabaloo to die down, because I'd bet good money they'll announce a non-theme park resort. Probably finally build Walt's ski lodge.

Kinda right, and kinda wrong. They bought a piece of land in the Bahamas recently called Lighthouse Point. Rumor was that they were going to use it as another stop for Disney Cruise Line, but there's also talk they may put a resort there.

by Anonymousreply 230August 17, 2019 12:41 PM

They are now selling a Halloween Party Pass - 300 dollars to go to every Halloween party except Halloween. That might be worth it, you could probably haul in at least 300 in free candy if you went to every party.

by Anonymousreply 231August 17, 2019 2:55 PM

Dear God, why would you want to do that?

Video of the parade was enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 232August 17, 2019 6:01 PM

The Halloween pass and the after Noon tickets show that Disney has become desperate, although not desperate enough yet to roll back regular ticket prices. We finally have reached the upper limit of what regular people can pay. It also shows that the profit is in getting people into the park one way or another and buying overpriced food and merchandise there.

by Anonymousreply 233August 18, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]It also shows that the profit is in getting people into the park one way or another and buying overpriced food and merchandise there.

EPCOT called. ORDAC-1 is fascinated by this new information.

by Anonymousreply 234August 18, 2019 12:27 AM

r233 not really - they are just trying to create timed entry into the park. First step was the 25% price hike on annual passes. Disney found out too many people were taking advantage of the perks and did a major price increase. Now they are offering mid day passes, after hours passes, annual passes to events only - Next thing you know they will have it all set up like Galaxy;s Edge in CA. You can come for 4 hours, then you have to leave.

by Anonymousreply 235August 18, 2019 3:12 AM

They’ve increased ticket prices to more than people can bear and now they’re walking it back. Selectively, to save face.

by Anonymousreply 236August 18, 2019 3:48 AM

The first kind-of announcement for WDW at D23 is a "water maze" with some Moana elements. That corner of Future World looks like it's going to be themed to the environment, with both the Land and the Seas, so it fits. Honestly, I think it's pretty cool.

They've also released a bunch of frankly AWESOME posters featuring past, present, and future attractions. I'd purchase the Horizons one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 23, 2019 10:39 AM

[quote]That corner of Future World looks like it's going to be themed to the environment, with both the Land and the Seas, so it fits.

Except they already have a water attraction, and what Guardians of the Galaxy has to do with anything is a mystery. The whole ex-Future World is still going to be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 238August 23, 2019 11:17 PM

The Star Wars Hotel has a name and rumored hefty price tag.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser takes you aboard the liner Halcyon. And apparently will cost about $3K a night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 24, 2019 1:16 AM

The Marvel land at California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park are officially called Avengers Campus.

An uninspiring name, but sadly better than a lot of the other ones being kicked around.

by Anonymousreply 240August 24, 2019 4:22 PM

The Disney Parks panel is this morning at 10 PST. People were queueing for it 12 hours ago.

More excitingly, Joe Rohde is apparently going to be there, so a big announcement about Animal Kingdom may be forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 241August 25, 2019 1:57 PM

The Avengers Campus actually sounds really cool.

Future World is being split into three sections, Discovery, Celebration, and Nature.

Spaceship Earth's focus is going to shift from communication to storytelling.

The former Innoventions area is going to be a lot more open, called Dreamer's Plaza, and getting a new statue of Walt.

GotG is called Cosmic Rewind.

They appear to be announcing the Mary Poppins ride, but the stream I was watching cut out.

by Anonymousreply 242August 25, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote]The former Innoventions area is going to be a lot more open, called Dreamer's Plaza

The deplorables won't like that.

by Anonymousreply 243August 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Found a different one, although it keeps freezing. They brought out Dick Van Dyke.

They're adding a Cherry Tree Lane segment to the UK pavilion. It's apparently going to be getting a dark ride, not just a carousel.

The permanent Illuminations replacement is called Harmonious.

There was no Brazil announcement, but I wonder if perhaps current events made that a bad look.

by Anonymousreply 244August 25, 2019 6:50 PM

God, the entitlement from Disney fans is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 245August 25, 2019 6:59 PM

They all even bitched about closing the presentation with info (and kids from) the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Ah, Joe Rohde and his earrings are there for the Lighthouse Point announcement.

The new cruise ship is called the Wish.

by Anonymousreply 246August 25, 2019 7:24 PM

The cannot have a Marvel-based park in Florida though. Universal has the rights to any Marvel park east of the Mississippi. Also 3300 dollars for a night on the Star Wars hotel?

by Anonymousreply 247August 26, 2019 2:55 AM

Hurricane Dorian is currently stalled over the Abacos. Castaway Cay is about 70 miles from the eye and within the zone getting hurricane-force winds.

Disney Cruiseline left about 100 people on the island to be able to get going on cleanup as soon as it passes. They apparently have a shelter that's rated to a Cat 5, but it's still not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 248September 2, 2019 12:04 PM

Has anyone been following the saga of the Disneyland Wicked Queen who's been blowing up on social media? The castmember clearly has some kind of improv training and REALLY gets into it.

They need to give her a raise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 11, 2019 11:15 AM

The placeholder nighttime show, EPCOT Forever debuted this week.

It's clearly meant as a temporary thing (the kites with pyrotechnics are cool though), but they included "Veggie Fruit Fruit," so I'm good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 5, 2019 9:54 PM

Check out these idiot teenagers (probably high) who rushed the stage at Carousel of Progess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2019 12:23 PM

Uhhhhhh, so I got an annual passport for Disneyland yesterday after having not been to the park in over five years. There were plenty of new things, but overall a familiar experience and I'm so glad I got the pass!

Tower of Terror was my favorite ride in California Adventure, and I've gotta say that the Mission: BREAKOUT reimagining thrilled me. I was relatively cynical going in, but I thought they put enough life and personality into the ride that it justified its existence. Also, the use of music and reprogrammed drop sequences really add to the experience.

I remember seeing previews of Mickey's PhilarMagic as a kid back in the early 00s and, as a Californian, feeling so envious for those who were able to see it. We never really had the money to vacation when I was young. I was surprised to find out that it's also at California Adventure now! I gotta say, I loved it. Completely lived up to all the expectations 12 year old me had.

Galaxy's Edge is cool. It's... cool. It seems relatively small now, but it has so much potential. I thought Smuggler's Run was a chaotic experience. I went on as a single rider and was given the role of engineer which had me frantically pressing buttons to my left as I tried to see what was happen on a pretty dimly lit and obstructive screen. That coupled with the simulation of it all had me wondering what the fuck was going on. We needed to steal some fuel with harpoons? I don't know. The overall idea of an interactive Star Tours is cool, but I thought the execution was lacking, though I hear it's a much more fulfilling experience if you're not the engineer, so I'll have to try another role next time I go.

I thought the blue milk was surprisingly delicious and the ships they've got parked across the land are fucking incredible. It's definitely early days for the experience, but I think they'll only improve.

It was really cool to go back to a place I've been familiar with my whole life, but after such a significant break. Can't wait to go back sometime in January. Hopefully when the holiday crowds die down.

by Anonymousreply 252December 10, 2019 8:54 PM

This thread reminds me why I'm glad United Artists made [italic]Chitty Chitty Bang Bang[/italic] so I can watch that with a clear conscience.

by Anonymousreply 253December 10, 2019 9:01 PM

That's funny because UA is a subsidiary of MGM, and co-founder Louie B. Mayer had Judy Garland sit on his lap when she was a kid and pumped her full of amphetamines and sleeping pills. But you enjoy that clear conscience.

by Anonymousreply 254December 10, 2019 9:08 PM

[quote]That's funny because UA is a subsidiary of MGM, and co-founder Louie B. Mayer had Judy Garland sit on his lap when she was a kid and pumped her full of amphetamines and sleeping pills. But you enjoy that clear conscience.

And Walt Disney was a homophobic chain-smoking Republican carb addict who put naked children in his movies.

[quote]They brought out Dick Van Dyke.

As far as I'm concerned, he's still the only Dyke with a dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 10, 2019 9:10 PM

Even so, [italic]Chitty[/italic] came out in 1968. M-G-M and UA merged in 1981. UA had already taken over distribution of M-G-M's movies starting in 1973. So they had nothing to do with that film's production.

And Disney didn't mind making a deal with them for a third gate in Florida that seems to have little to no purpose whatsoever anymore now that the licensing deal is up.

by Anonymousreply 256December 10, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]And Walt Disney was a homophobic chain-smoking Republican carb addict who put naked children in his movies.

Yup! Pointing out studio head corruption is ultimately a fruitless exercise. I mean, one can appreciate Disneyland while at the same time admitting the corporation's serious faults. Part of growing older, for me, has been realizing how many things you either love or depend on in some way are tainted either ethically or morally. It's like that with most things in life. Playing the comparison game seems disingenuous. Here, watch me be disingenuous:

D. W. Griffith, one of the founders of United Artists, was also responsible for putting the profoundly racist Birth of a Nation into the world, so Disney wasn't the only artist putting controversial, yet undoubtedly influential work out there.

But who cares? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's a great film despite the other film its studio creator made. I think we can be more intellectually nuanced about these things. Or not. KNIVES OUT! FUCK YOU! I'M BETTER! YOU SUCK!

by Anonymousreply 257December 10, 2019 9:34 PM

I'm talking about ethical breaches by the company now. You can't change the past despite Disney's best efforts to try.

by Anonymousreply 258December 10, 2019 9:36 PM

Like this, especially after so many movies depicting the want of money as the root of all evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 10, 2019 9:37 PM

Disney being unethical NOW surprises me even LESS. Please, I don't trust a single corporation to act ethically... I don't trust most people in power to do that. Not that that excuses anything, but I'm not going to let that prevent me from enjoying films or theme parks.

by Anonymousreply 260December 10, 2019 9:58 PM

Ever heard the expression "behavior that is rewarded will be repeated"?

by Anonymousreply 261December 10, 2019 10:00 PM

Yeah, I'm sure I'm complicit. I'm sure you're complicit in other things that are deleterious. It's life. Rage against it, but it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 262December 10, 2019 10:02 PM

I grew up with [italic]The Cosby Show[/italic], and I destroyed my DVDs after the first mistrial.

by Anonymousreply 263December 10, 2019 10:05 PM

I'm talking something as simple as driving a car, but maybe you walk everywhere. I don't know. But hey, if you want to hear you're purer than me, then you're purer than me, R263. Now pardon me while I suffocate this small child to the tune of "Be Our Guest".

by Anonymousreply 264December 10, 2019 10:12 PM

Cars enabled us to stop exploiting animals for the purposes of transportation.

by Anonymousreply 265December 10, 2019 10:18 PM

Yeah, and cars contribute significantly to the damage done to those animals' and our environments. There's always a trade-off. Again, it's life.

by Anonymousreply 266December 10, 2019 10:43 PM

Hagrid's absolutely lives up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 267December 15, 2019 1:09 AM

Both Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneylands are being closed for two months because of the Coronavirus. Which will most likely lead to cuts to the domestic parks to offset the losses.

by Anonymousreply 268February 8, 2020 10:20 PM

OOof. The two big things being worked on at Disneyland are being stopped because of the losses. And Epcot is half ripped up right now, so who knows what will happen there.

by Anonymousreply 269February 15, 2020 11:59 PM

Disney announced that Splash Mountain is being reworked with a Princess and the Frog theme.

That's going to piss people off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 25, 2020 5:29 PM

Haha! The WDWMagic boards were a fun read. So many of them were losing their damn minds! But hey, I thought I handled the destruction of Florida's Snow White ride fairly well and it was my favorite. If I can get over that, they can get over this. I think a lot of it is because the retheme will involve a black character. One of the WDWMagic posters actually made a hateful remark about one of the Imagineers on the project- an African American woman- being responsible for a lot of the "lazy" screen based Disney attractions.

by Anonymousreply 271June 28, 2020 4:13 AM

The new Hong Kong Disneyland castle has been unveiled. It looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 20, 2020 7:38 PM

And Joe Rohde has announced his retirement as of January 4th.

And the Yeti still isn't fixed.

by Anonymousreply 273November 23, 2020 9:15 PM

They've closed the Hall of Presidents in order to add Biden. No less than the Orlando Sun-Sentinel actually suggested closing the thing completely, since you know the MAGA heads won't take well to that.

I kind of agree with that, actually.

by Anonymousreply 274February 22, 2021 5:30 AM

They released pricing for the Star Wars Hotel.

A party of two is on the hook for $5000 for two nights. This includes most food and admission to Hollywood Studios, but nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 275August 4, 2021 11:35 PM

Also, Joe Biden came to the Hall of Presidents today. They kind of hid Trump in the back, and in a montage of the recent Presidents speaking, he's notably absent.

by Anonymousreply 276August 5, 2021 1:16 AM

They have Agatha Harkness as part of their Halloween event in California Adventure this year. The castmember appearing as her is REALLY good, and I think might be the same woman who went viral a few years ago as Disneyland's Wicked Queen.

by Anonymousreply 277September 18, 2021 4:34 PM

So the WDW 50th kicked off on Friday.

This lead to the Magic Kingdom hitting capacity for the first time since they re-opened. Despite this, all of the rides were basically walk-ons, because people focused instead on standing in long lines to buy special food and merchandise. And prior to them putting limits on the number of people who could be in the stores, fights were breaking out as people scrambled for things.

And the new nighttime shows at MK and Epcot SUUUUUUUUUUCK.

This is what Disney corporate has wrought. All the joy sucked out of it, replaced with FOMO for the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 278October 3, 2021 2:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!