Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's catch up on the casts of The Real World (1992-2005)

I don't consider anything after the Philadelphia season to be part of the Real World canon.

I found a link to what I believe are all the episodes of season 4, London. Remember Sharon, the happy and talkative chubby girl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2018 6:27 AM

that black bossy mouthy biatch from the first season

man she had a mouth on her

she alive?

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2018 9:35 AM

The 90’d Boston and Seattle seasons were the best...

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2018 9:47 AM

^90’s

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2018 9:48 AM

Stopped watching after Vegas and back to NY.

I want to know what happened to Ace from Paris.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2018 11:58 AM

He's probably a Trump supporter now. Remember he was a country bumpkin on the show? All the way in Paris no less.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2018 12:19 PM

All these cities and they never did a season in Atlanta? That could've been a mostly black cast. I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't done ATL.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2018 12:21 PM

Or a Washington DC season. The nation's capital would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2018 12:22 PM

We've been over this R6. It's a boring city. I just imagine a dinner scene at Aunt Pitty Pat's Porch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2018 12:33 PM

You act like there's absolutely nothing in Atlanta. All of these reality shows filmed in Atlanta, and with enormous success. Atlanta would be an interesting city for the real world.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2018 1:00 PM

They did a DC edition. It was a snooze if I recall. DC isn't a good reality show town. People are to serious/mission focused.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2018 1:01 PM

All they do is go out every night and get drunk. Then they hook up or get jealous and fight. It's a show that could be done in Barstow.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2018 1:18 PM

There's this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2018 1:23 PM

San Francisco was the best. Pablo coming hot with AIDS and the Puck story line was really compelling.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2018 1:30 PM

Whatever happened to Chris from the Chicago season? He was hot, but always came across like a hardened prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2018 1:33 PM

Some of them have actually made a career out of those challenges.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2018 1:36 PM

Kim Kardashian wanted to be on the real world back in the day. Her family knew the producers of the show and it almost happened.

Ironically enough, the same production company that produces the real world, also produces keeping up with the kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2018 1:41 PM

The only one I remember vividly was Landon from Philadelphia, but that had nothing to do with the Real World itself but with his modeling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2018 2:15 PM

another of Landon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2018 2:16 PM

[quote]part of the Real World canon.

This is why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2018 2:18 PM

Is Landon bi?

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2018 2:19 PM

R13, it was Pedro, not Pablo. Quelle horreur.

The first season, all those cast members had hopes and dreams and went to the Big City to make those dreams a reality (heh). Now they are just all drunk wastes of space hopping into bed with each other.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2018 2:21 PM

My favorite ever was Genesis from the Boston season, who spent the entire series depressed under a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2018 2:22 PM

They had a great opportunity during one of the reunions for Stephen to make some peace and clarification about his sexuality. Irene indeed was right about him and they could have given him a chance to talk about it. Not the conflict and the “slap” but about his coming out story etc. Huge opportunity there and all they showed was his defending himself sayinging he was a christian.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2018 3:17 PM

First cast was the best, Norm, Julie, Eric, etc. Very relatable young people trying to make it in the world and not over produced.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2018 3:25 PM

R1 I'm sad not everyone from that cast is included 😣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2018 3:45 PM

What about MEEEE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2018 6:29 PM

Am I the only one that likes Miami, hawaii, boston, seattle and new orleans lot more than the first 4 seasons?I found the first four seasons boring as shit, except the Tammy incident. I pretty much gave up on the show during back to new york season, although I caught bits and pieces of Chicago and Paris since they cast gay males but it wasn’t fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2018 2:35 AM

R14 he’s still very HOT and is an artist, seems like he is a trust fund person though because his art sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2018 2:39 AM

Norman Korpi, from the first season in NYC, blew up like a Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2018 2:41 AM

A weird detail in one of those Real World behind-the-scenes books that came out was a crew member said that Genesis never washed her bed sheets the entire time she was in the Real World house.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2018 2:48 AM

R30 I believe it she looked like she didnt bathe either, why did they cast a clearly depressed woman?

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2018 2:55 AM

What made the 1st season so special was the roommates were living in NYC, each pursuing their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2018 3:01 AM

It started to suck when they made them work together (although Miami, where that started, was a good season otherwise).

They were so afraid of cast mates who would end up MIA due to their own pursuits and preferences, but we’ve all had roommates like that. Some of us were that roommate!

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2018 3:12 AM

The first one was the best!

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2018 11:55 AM

The first 12 seasons were classics but Hollywood and Brooklyn were awesome.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2018 4:58 AM

R31, um, because it was the 90s. Depression was where it was at.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2018 12:01 PM

R33 Haven't thought of it like that, but I totally agree. Once they introduced the plot device of being coworkers, it threw a wrench into the whole franchise.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2018 3:15 AM

I bought the first season on DVD from Amoeba for five dollars. It seemed like a good deal for the amount of content.

But the original music is replaced with soundalike Muzak-versions of 90s hits, which kills the experience of watching it again. You don't realize how much the current music of the time is included on MTV, and without it the show is very dull.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Kyle Brandt from the Chicago season is a talking head on the NFL Network now. I find him annoying.

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Is he a trumper now?

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2018 4:00 AM

R38 Oh. I thought that was Norm.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2018 6:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!