Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you with Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House?

Apparently it’s a big debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2019 10:43 PM

No. She’s too old and isn’t committed enough in going after Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2018 7:32 AM

Yes, she has experience and will go after trump in a smart way.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2018 7:34 AM

I'm with R2.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2018 3:30 PM

The last thing the Democrats need right now is a neophyte newbie elected as Speaker, who will be Trumprolled and made a fool. It's not that I love Pelosi; what I'd like to see her do is run and succeed with the Speaker's gavel, and tell THE ENTIRE WORLD that this is her final stint as Speaker and in Congress, so that there is time to find a successor (who isn't an old white man because I know what you're thinking, Steny Hoyer) who Pelosi can mentor give the party time to accept.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2018 3:44 PM

I hope she gets in.. it sounds iffy now.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2018 3:55 PM

She scares the Republicans. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2018 3:57 PM

The House needs to listen to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2018 4:02 PM

She won. She deserves the prize. She’ll die someday.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2018 5:42 PM

Unless you are a Democratic member of the House of Representatives your opinion really doesn't matter. You don't get a vote so what you think doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2018 8:09 PM

And here is what some of them think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Democrats will somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. All the newbies, miscreants and rebels will be all butt hurt that their "voices weren't heard,: and then they will all pull a Susan Sarandon and sit on their hands for the next two years. Meanwhile, the Republicans will continue with their shit and take back the house in 2020 because Democrats refused to put on a united front to the Republicans and Trump.

There needs to be someone Democratic Party who will instill discipline among the ranks and who will knock heads together and beat people over the head with a baseball bat, if necessary, if they step out of line. Republicans didn't get where they are today by tolerating bullshit among the rank and file.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2018 8:33 PM

There's something Bernie-Bro about the movement to dump her; all these ignorant complaints that she's too conservative are serving a conservative agenda. The best they can come up with is "time for a change." From effective liberal leadership to a more "moderate" inexperienced person? They should keep her for another year or two.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2018 8:41 PM

Oh for sure elder. She’s 78 I believe. Too old for Bernie to be president but not too old for the DL

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2018 8:44 PM

Agreed r12

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2018 10:26 PM

I think she is smart and skilled but I don't think she has a monopoly on that. There is an entitlement about her that I dislike. A little humility would go a long way.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2018 10:30 PM

Wow, R9 knows how to get a conversation going.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2018 10:30 PM

I wouldn't agree that she "scares" the GOP. I think that she is very much vilified and mocked by the GOP. That's very different.

She will not inspire any kind of bipartisan cooperation.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2018 10:33 PM

Pelosi may not inspire any bipartisan cooperation, but there are two points to be made: 1) what bipartisan cooperation? Find me a Republican in the House who will join with the Dems, and I'll show you a Republican who won't be in the House for long; 2) Pelosi is a master at securing votes, cooperation be damned.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2018 10:38 PM

I'm not against her as Speaker per se, but am in favor of a discussion about leadership, rather than presuming she will be Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2018 10:40 PM

Do you have an alternative? Pelosi has said she is interested in grooming a successor quickly. Until there is an heir apparent, I'm for Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2018 10:40 PM

She gets shit done. End of debate.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2018 10:43 PM

What shit? Kissing Republican butt? Sorry but she has not impressed me. Having a vagina does not make her unique. There has GOT to be someone better.

We need someone with guts.

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2018 10:55 PM

The fact that the “yes” vote is leading tells me just how dumb are Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2018 11:03 PM

It must be a woman of color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2018 11:05 PM

[bold]This thread’s five dumbest comments (so far):[/bold]

“She scares the Republicans.” —R6

“Unless you are a Democratic member of the House of Representatives your opinion really doesn't matter.” —R9

“Democrats will somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. All the newbies, miscreants and rebels will be all butt hurt that their "voices weren't heard,: and then they will all pull a Susan Sarandon and sit on their hands for the next two years. Meanwhile, the Republicans will continue with their shit and take back the house in 2020 because Democrats refused to put on a united front to the Republicans and Trump. | There needs to be someone Democratic Party who will instill discipline among the ranks and who will knock heads together and beat people over the head with a baseball bat, if necessary, if they step out of line. Republicans didn't get where they are today by tolerating bullshit among the rank and file.” —R11

“There's something Bernie-Bro about the movement to dump her; all these ignorant complaints that she's too conservative are serving a conservative agenda. The best they can come up with is "time for a change." From effective liberal leadership to a more "moderate" inexperienced person? They should keep her for another year or two.” —R12

“She gets shit done. End of debate.” —R21

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2018 11:11 PM

[quote] There has GOT to be someone better.

Feel free to name that person. Go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Barbara Lee.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2018 11:14 PM

[quote] Barbara Lee.

Yeah...there's that youthful leadership!!!

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2018 11:17 PM

R28,

R26 asked a question.

I answered it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2018 11:18 PM

You did. It was ridiculous because of the main stupid reason people say they want Pelosi to go...but you gave an answer. So, brava!

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2018 11:21 PM

It was not ridiculous, R30.

Nancy Pelosi, from California #12, from San Francisco, does not support Medicare for All.

Barbara Lee, from California #13, does support Medicare for All.

— A N D —

[italic]Wikipedia[/italic]: “[Barbara] Lee is notable as the only member of either chamber of Congress to vote against the authorization of use of force following the September 11, 2001 attacks. This made her a hero among many in the anti-war movement. Lee has been a vocal critic of the war in Iraq and supports legislation creating a Department of Peace.”

Barbara Lee is actually progressive.

Nancy Pelosi is not.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2018 11:29 PM

[quote] It was ridiculous because of the main stupid reason people say they want Pelosi to go...

Her age, genius.

And if you want a speaker who will get nothing done by proposing bills that will go nowhere and alienate moderates, I can't help you.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2018 11:31 PM

R32,

You quoted and responded to your prior comment from R30.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2018 11:37 PM

Yep...because I was pointing out that you had missed the point. Here it is again: the biggest criticism have of Pelosi is her age. It is not that she is not progressive enough. Because most people know that if you go to far left you lose the moderates and the nation.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2018 11:39 PM

R26, R28, R30, and R32 also wrote the following at R20:

[quote]Do you have an alternative? Pelosi has said she is interested in grooming a successor quickly. Until there is an heir apparent, I'm for Nancy.

R30—“Moderates,” in the Democratic Party, are corporate Democrats. They choose Wall Street; not Main Street.

You are one of them. That is why are you for Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2018 11:46 PM

Oh, BernieBot...

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2018 11:49 PM

R36 writes,

[quote]Oh, BernieBot...

So, this is what you now have, R20, R26, R28, R30, R32, R34, and R36?

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2018 11:53 PM

What do you want? You live in your own little dream world where somehow magical things happen if you just wish hard enough. Medicare for all! Minimum guaranteed salary! Free college for all!

And you don't really care whether you are ensuring Trump another 4 years.

So you are completely unreachable. And I give up.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2018 11:57 PM

Jazz might not have become so popular in Europe. A black regiment that included musicians from New York popularized jazz when they played Paris.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2018 1:41 AM

Thank you, R39, and I would add that if the US had never entered WWI, Baltimore would never have elected and Italian-American mayor and launched Nancy Pelosi's father's political career and, thus, hers. Now that I've got this thread back on track, let's drop these red herrings where Nancy Pelosi is some kind of DLC mole rather than a liberal pragmatist. Her opposition isn't coming primarily from her left, but from opportunistic "centrists." (Cf. Harold Ford a decade or so ago.)

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2018 3:12 AM

She'd make a better Republican than she does a Democrat. FDR might well have agreed with this observation.

Let her go.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Greats results for Dems this mid terms. She's clearly not a negative to the party. She has experience and is a strategist. This is not the time to try someone new who may not have the experience to lead in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2018 7:18 PM

I am with Nancy Pelosi. This is not her first rodeo.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2018 7:24 PM

Any debate is just noise. Trump has already said he would provide enough repub votes as may be necessary for her to win. Then the dem rebels will get a real lesson in payback by the Speaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2018 7:31 PM

Her opposition seems to be coming from the right not the left of the party.

Why don’t they keep her and get rid of Schumer instead?

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2018 7:35 PM

Well I’m certainly not for that Bernie Bro, infant AO Cortez cunt.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2018 7:41 PM

R12

Agreed. I love the way she scares Republicans. Two more years.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2018 7:46 PM

I was wrong. Nancy has been absolutely stunningly effective and potent as Speaker this year, a quiet assassin of Trumpism. She is a total OG.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2019 5:28 PM

[QUOTE]She is a total OG.

OG? Who talks like that? I mean, originally?

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2019 5:34 PM

I’ll take her because she’s experienced and capable, but she’s getting high on the smell of her own farts. She needs to be humble and serious.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2019 5:38 PM

R49, you must be hopelessly white and old

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2019 5:41 PM

R51 must be under the impression he will never get old.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2019 5:43 PM

Troll post block OP

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2019 5:45 PM

Mango Menace gives derogatory nicknames only to those he thinks he can bully. He calls Nancy Pelosi "Nancy," which is disrespectful to her title, not to her. He knows if there's one person who can bring him down, it's Pelosi. He's afraid of her, and rightly so.

I call her Gloria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2019 5:56 PM

No r52, but I won’t be stuck in the past my decades or oblivious to the reality of a browner, more urban population and its language.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2019 6:14 PM

R55, of course you will. You will have little in common with the experience of the world of those twenty, thirty years younger than you. You just won't know that.

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2019 6:19 PM

And still, no one will tell me where "OG" comes from. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2019 6:46 PM

R57, ever heard of Urban Dictionary?

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2019 7:03 PM

Oh, simp. I know what it means. I can't believe how people REFUSE to engage here. You'd rather be pissed off at me than have a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2019 7:20 PM

I take it back; this morning Cadet Bone Spurs called her "Crazy Nancy."

Bitch, it's on.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2019 10:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!