Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Governor Gavin Newsom

I am LOVING the sound of that.

Can't wait until he's President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2018 8:13 PM

Naw too Pacific elite and smarmy. No appeal To Midwest and Heartland swing states

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2018 9:16 AM

When does he take office?

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2018 9:22 AM

OP, you’ll be waiting forever. The Midwest and South will never entertain a CA liberal for President. Count Harris out, as well.

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2018 9:23 AM

However, Gavin would wipe the floor with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2018 9:24 AM

[quote] The Midwest and South will never entertain a CA liberal for President

That's why it's time for California to be a separate country. #YesCalifornia #GoodRiddanceFlyovers

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2018 9:33 AM

Yes California movement...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2018 9:33 AM

its for sure, he is groomed and fit to be prez some day has all tht Getty billions behind him too

we adore him in calif

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2018 9:36 AM

You live in a bubble if you think Mainstream Swing State America will Vote for a SAn Francisco progressive.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2018 9:36 AM

betcha a million he is

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2018 9:39 AM

It certainly is nice to see Gavin without that cheesy jet black severely greased back hair. He still needs to lay off the products and go for a dry look.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2018 9:39 AM

I look forward to Gavin fucking with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2018 9:41 AM

I'm glad he got rid of that right wing slag gf Guilffoy (sp?). I believe she's with Dump Jr.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2018 9:46 AM

[quote] You live in a bubble if you think Mainstream Swing State America will Vote for a SAn Francisco progressive.

"Mainstream Swing State America" can go fuck itself.

They add nothing to this country, and yet they dictate who runs it. How's THAT for a fucked up system?

If they don't secede, then California WILL.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2018 9:49 AM

Gavin’s slimey, but at least he’s our slimey.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2018 9:57 AM

I didn’t recognise him without all the hair product. Gel or wax-based pomade to slick back his hair. He looked like an 80s stockbroker.

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2018 10:04 AM

[quote]I'm glad he got rid of that right wing slag gf Guilffoy (sp?).

"Guilffoy" will do. She does not deserve to have her name spelled correctly.

by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2018 10:56 AM

I'm betting now that Trump is going to be increasingly neutered by the new Democratic controlled House Donny Jr.'s cache is going to drastically diminish bit by bit. And once that happens Kimberly will fly like the wind. She's a whore and smart whores don't stick around when the going gets tough.

by Anonymousreply 17November 7, 2018 11:00 AM

very nice dude. I saw him once , he was a foot away from me. breathtaking...

by Anonymousreply 18November 7, 2018 11:32 AM

Governor big dick!

Trust me, Don Jr. is no Gavin.

by Anonymousreply 19November 7, 2018 2:19 PM

his first wife was run out of SF

mean old thing

by Anonymousreply 20November 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Gavin makes me MOIST!

by Anonymousreply 21November 7, 2018 2:22 PM

How was such a liberal married to that disgusting woman currently sleping with Don Trump Jr

by Anonymousreply 22November 7, 2018 2:22 PM

Great that he won but yuck to the Trump Jr. slickback hair. Kimberly really has a type.

by Anonymousreply 23November 7, 2018 2:25 PM

She went from well hung Gavin to needle dicked bug fucker Donny Jr.

by Anonymousreply 24November 7, 2018 2:26 PM

And we got rid of that vile Dana Rorbacher, finally!

by Anonymousreply 25November 7, 2018 2:31 PM

did the guy lose who used to make the midnite runs to the whitehouse? some calif right wing house member??

by Anonymousreply 26November 7, 2018 2:34 PM

R26 Devin Nunes won

by Anonymousreply 27November 7, 2018 2:38 PM

He doesn't have a relatable look or quality to middle America. I'm sorry. Maybe once he ages more and loses a lot more of that Hollywood glimmer and glisten.

by Anonymousreply 28November 7, 2018 2:39 PM

You mean Nunes ???? He won, but not before making Democrats pissed by changing their voting precincts at the last minute. Ton of Democrats were scrambling to find their voting place the day of the election.

This is something where our new governor can target practice his new found powers.

by Anonymousreply 29November 7, 2018 2:42 PM

Yay from Canada for Gov. Gavin Newsom!

by Anonymousreply 30November 7, 2018 2:49 PM

I met him at one of the March For Our Lives. Very nice, super tall and had a gay assistant.

by Anonymousreply 31November 7, 2018 2:52 PM

I am still confused about people saying that Kimberly Newsome was "run out of California" here.

All I remember as a non-Californian was her being seen as a hero and a national star for winning that trial in which the 2 Presa Canarias killed the lesbian Diane. Why was she run out of the state?

by Anonymousreply 32November 7, 2018 2:52 PM

It's this big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 7, 2018 2:53 PM

R31 According to the internet he's 6 feet, 3 inches tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 7, 2018 3:01 PM

Can anyone explain why he married Guilfoyle? They seem to be polar opposites.

by Anonymousreply 35November 7, 2018 3:06 PM

Jr.’s getting leftover pussy.

by Anonymousreply 36November 7, 2018 3:07 PM

He's Nancy Pelosi's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 37November 7, 2018 3:12 PM

Dana Rohrabacher is out in the same election Gavin Newsom becomes governor of California. The gays have been vindicated.

I'm sure Newsom will make it a favorite pastime investigating District 22 and their shady af election stunts. This ain't Georgia or Florida bitch. Get them Gavin!

by Anonymousreply 38November 7, 2018 3:26 PM

r37 Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 39November 7, 2018 3:59 PM

Isn't it curious that so many of California's statewide offices are held by northern Californians, despite the fact that there are far more people in the south? Governor, both senators (including most of their predecessors), etc.

by Anonymousreply 40November 7, 2018 4:01 PM

And he's Eskimo bros with Jr. Ewwww...

by Anonymousreply 41November 7, 2018 4:02 PM

Dems in California trust Asians with their money, Hispanics as mayors, and big dick white men for their governors.

by Anonymousreply 42November 7, 2018 4:04 PM

In the primary, Hispanics broke heavily for top of the party tickets but I got to say De Leon made it close for a while. That was one of the biggest surprises of the night. Newsom will probably end up with 60% of the vote. A slaughter of his opponent.

So Repubes when from 14 House seats to 11 House seats and might lose another 2 before this is over.

by Anonymousreply 43November 7, 2018 4:10 PM

Gavin is currently in charge as acting Gov.

Where is Jerry Brown?

by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2018 4:06 PM

R1's right, we absolutely DETEST intelligent, handsome men. No appeal to us whatsoever!

by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2018 4:12 PM

Is there any chance he runs in 2020? I think young people will come out to vote for him because he’s hot and charismatic. I know that sounds bizarre but people voted for the Orange idiot who has filed bankruptcy several times because they convinced themselves he was a successful businessman.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2018 6:33 PM

I could see him as Veep.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Excellent article about Gavin from the New Yorker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2018 9:35 PM

Where did the big dick rumors come from?

by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2018 6:25 AM

I hope hes gay

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2018 6:36 AM

Maybe Beto's running mate.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2018 7:15 AM

R45 might be trying to be facetious, but the statement is accurate

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2018 11:25 AM

Also, Republicans have successfully demonized California with Middle America in the same way it previously demonized Massachusetts. And the fact Newsome is from San Francisco makes it even easier to make Middle America hate him.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2018 11:26 AM

Republicans are demonizing California because they’re afraid Kamala Harris is gonna run for President. She and Gavin need to start defending CA.

California has practically purged Republicans from its shores.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote] the fact Newsome is from San Francisco makes it even easier to make Middle America hate him

Exactly.

Reich wingers will hardly ever just say "Nancy Pelosi." It's usually always "San Francisco Liberal, Nancy Pelosi."

More of their fucking underhanded and bigoted dog whistles.

They'll pull the same shit with Gavin.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2018 3:44 PM

Not a good idea r5. We are on fire and will probably be on fire many more times. At times like this we need federal aid. We've paid enough into the till for others to use. Now it's our turn once again to get some back.

Cali ain't goin nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2018 3:47 PM

Republicans are an endangered species in Ca.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2018 3:55 PM

Democrats need to start defending liberalism and stop repeating GOP talking points.

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2018 3:57 PM

R57, not as much as you think. There are a lot of Republicans in the inland areas. Right now the liberals have the advantage but California can’t take it for granted that will continue indefinitely.

When Reagan came along, all the areas that are liberal now went Republican very suddenly, because Republicans are loudmouth bullies and they intimidated liberals into shutting up.

I worked at a bank in the Reagan era in LA. Almost the entire staff were Democrats but they didn’t dare say so or they would have been run out of there by rich, entitled bosses. Another corporate office I worked at was the same thing. Rich, mean bully Republican bosses and scared little mouse Democrats in every other supporting position. People were scared to lose their jobs at all times and they shut up like clams. And the work laws were much more worker friendly back then.

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2018 4:03 PM

Reagan is non existent in the GOP now.

by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2018 4:08 PM

Reagan, who?

by Anonymousreply 61November 11, 2018 7:29 PM

We cant afford Gavin

by Anonymousreply 62November 11, 2018 8:30 PM

We can’t afford Trump.

by Anonymousreply 63November 11, 2018 8:38 PM

He can win Middle America, and every other section of America in 2020 because by then every illegal will be living in CA, welcomed with open arms by Gov. Newsome!

by Anonymousreply 64November 11, 2018 8:40 PM

He’s so smart and explains things very clearly (a reason why I love Elizabeth Warren too).

He willed for president, especially if he can keep california’s Economy churning

by Anonymousreply 65November 11, 2018 8:50 PM

The GOP demonizes California, but California’s amazing economy is proving that liberal ideas work. Kansas and Oklahoma show that conservative ideas are utter failures except for the uber rich

by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2018 8:52 PM

R66 and the Democrats fail to make liberal ideas a national issue. They work. Republicans are tax and spending deficits cheats.

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2018 8:59 PM

He can win POTUS the same way he won Gov -- by being the #2 for awhile. If he can get on the ticket and make himself popular and loved, then he'd have a good shot. But right out of the gate? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2018 9:07 PM

Met him once. Creepy AF.

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2018 9:10 PM

Gavin is very quick on his feet. He does explain issues well. He’s slimy, but he’s at least our slimy.

by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2018 9:16 PM

As others have noted, not sure if he'd be able to appeal to people on a national level, but if he played his cards right, he could actually implement a model for how to correctly handle immigration without crying kids in cages. So while he may never play on a national level, he could be an influencer outside of CA.

Its really amazing how he's turned himself around in a relatively short period of time - the gray hair and his big family seems to suit him. It doesn't seem like all that long ago he was given up for dead politically. As far as what happened with Gargoyle, likely he was fucking around on her so she left for what seemed like greener pastures at the time. You know she had to be in somewhere bawling her eyes out about she should've been the one the stage with him on election night instead of riding Jr's limp dick.

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2018 9:17 PM

Will he have any #metoo eruptions?

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2018 9:30 PM

Mmmmm...yes,,yes

by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2018 9:37 PM

Doubtful about any #metoos- they usually don't look like that.

by Anonymousreply 74November 12, 2018 2:14 PM

R71, she’s the one who left Newsome to work on Fox in New York. If she’d stayed at home and tended to her marriage, she probably would be the one on the stage with the California Governor. Now she’s the over the hill gf of a loser with an important dad who’s too stupid to go into politics himself and is on the way to jail. She’s desperately grasping at whatever straws she can get. Notice no rich old man Republican VIPs wanted anything to do with her. Fox viewers tend to idolize the female Fox anchors as pinups, not careerists or experts in their field.

It seems pretty obvious this dumbbell wants to be the wife of somebody important. And she doesn’t care what political party they are or what they believe in. She’s kind of an Eva Braun character - stands for nothing and will fall for anything.

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2018 2:27 PM

Cute too.

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2018 2:29 PM

Not appealing in the swing states

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2018 2:30 PM

He'd be appealing with his ass up in my face. Fuck the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2018 2:51 PM

Newsom was complicit in turning San Francisco into a festering cesspool, while at the same time making it completely unaffordable. Not a very good track record. If he wasn't attractive, people would be a lot more critical of him.

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2018 3:01 PM

He's hot af.

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2018 3:02 PM

I wonder if anybody will post that he’s hot and that he won’t appeal to swing states voters. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2018 3:18 PM

[quote]Newsom was complicit in turning San Francisco into a festering cesspool,

Oh really? Was it the "Healthy San Francisco" initiative, wherein he proved that we can cover everybody's healthcare affordably, efficiently, and entirely? Or was it the double-digit employment growth? Or maybe it was the "Care not Cash" program which was wildly successful at moving vagrants off the streets and into productive lives? Oh, I know, it was how, after only weeks in office, he opened City Hall to gay marriages, paving the way for nation-wide marriage equality... yes, I know there were bumps along the way and all of the great things he did didn't look so great throughout the process, but Gavin showed the city (and the nation) what leadership looks like, and left it in better condition than when he took office. And that includes dumping Kimberly because she's a whore who doesn't know the difference between a star and a slag.

I'm looking forward to the next four years with Gavin in Sacramento, and all of the thorns he's going to put in Trump's side.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2018 3:33 PM

According to the CNN exit polls, Gavin won not only white voters but white voters without college degrees too.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2018 3:44 PM

r82 it's a festering cesspool. And he ignored working-class and middle-class people. Sorry, he's not Mr. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2018 3:53 PM

from R48: “I can’t tell you how many women and gay men would tell me, when I started dating him, ‘I want him!’ ”

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2018 5:48 PM

What the fuck did he see in that Fox News personality? he was married to her, for christs sake!

by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2018 8:23 PM

She didn’t work for Fox when they married. She worked for the DA in SF IIRC. So she was an educated lawyer with a good job when they met, and really pretty at the time. My guess is the fact that she even wanted to go to Fox was the end of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2018 10:25 PM

This is her back in the day. People thought of them as an up and coming, hardworking, Democratic young couple, not a Democrat and a whore with no scruples. That came later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2018 10:27 PM

Hard to believe she was so pretty at one time; yeah, all women age, but now she looks like the Joker and has those horrible bolted on tits. Ugly on the outside now!

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2018 10:45 PM

God, he is beautiful! Is there a pic of him in a swimsuit? I’d love to see his bulge, chest, ass and feet. I bet he has gorgeous feet.

by Anonymousreply 90November 12, 2018 11:57 PM

I live in flyover country and damn well know who he is.

I actually Friday night gave a synopsis of him to some friends at dinner and said he might have what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 91November 13, 2018 12:23 AM

I still want to know about his big dick.

Has this been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 92November 13, 2018 7:44 AM

Dear lord, Kimberly and Don Jr. are Donald and Melania 2.0

How bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 13, 2018 7:46 AM

How in the hell does Kimberly pull in all of these hot guys?

I didn't realize that she was also married to someone named Eric Villency. He's a cutie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 13, 2018 7:48 AM

Why are DL sisters obsessed with this annoying queen who has never worked a day in her life?!

by Anonymousreply 95November 13, 2018 8:02 AM

Don Jr is a loser and is dating a loser. He's everywhere these days, except home with the five kids he selfishly brought into the world.

by Anonymousreply 96November 13, 2018 8:29 AM

He's handsomer now than he was in high school, and he was handsome in high school!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 13, 2018 8:46 AM

Kimberly thinks Don Jr is the next shining star on the Republican stage, and she has every intention of helping him succeed.

by Anonymousreply 98November 13, 2018 9:07 AM

The governor of the biggest state in the Union isn't going to give it up to be VP. I don't expect Gavin to run in 2020, but 2024 or 2028. He'll complete a term as governor first and if California's doing well, he'll have some nice credentials. He'll also seem like relatively fresh blood, which Democrats like.

And, yes, he's a liberal, but he's a white-guy liberal who used to play minor league baseball--in other words, relatable to working-class white guys. Very charming, great speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 99November 13, 2018 10:01 AM

R99, That will certainly give Newsom time to pair up for the national campaign trail. Any guesses who he'll pick? Age difference?

by Anonymousreply 100November 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Muller/Newsom 2020

by Anonymousreply 101November 13, 2018 10:31 AM

He has nice teeth.

by Anonymousreply 102November 13, 2018 11:08 AM

Let's see how he does governing CA before we mention he should run nationally.

by Anonymousreply 103November 13, 2018 1:26 PM

She is now old and her ass is saggy, so unless she has at least 8 inches she is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 104November 13, 2018 1:42 PM

That "festering cesspool" is now the second-most expensive place to live in the country, R84. Is that what you mean? Because normal people gravitate to places they think are desirable, warts and all.

Perhaps I should just chalk your comment up to illiteracy, because you apparently skipped right over the part where I specifically said "there were bumps along the way and all of the great things he did didn't look so great throughout the process." And that's what being a leader is; taking risks that your constituency doesn't particularly like, but having the vision and courage to do what you believe in for the long term. And that is what I respect in Gavin Newsom, even when he makes poor choices (like marrying a whore, and then fucking his chief counselor/assistant's wife), not because he does these things, but because he [italic]learns[/italic] from making mistakes... you know, like every other accomplished human being.

Bottom line, Newsom is exactly the kind of leader that Democrats need, and pretty much exactly like his predecessors. Democrats throughout the history of the party have been unable to keep their pants on and zippers closed, but the countervailing point and the reason that we need them is that they do the right thing [italic]politically[/italic] even while making [italic]personal[/italic] mistakes. Do I need to list the great Democrats in modern memory... and their personal foibles? Or can we act like adults for once and realize that we need to be more like Republicans in this regard and learn to live with our leaders' weaknesses... if we ever expect to regain control and save the republic?

by Anonymousreply 105November 13, 2018 4:00 PM

R104 is single and a sex addict. I'm guessing LA?

by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2018 5:53 PM

r105 honey San Francisco is Calcutta by the Sea.

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2018 9:04 PM

R105, I like Gavin but you are boring and talk too much.

by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2018 11:59 PM

SF was always known as "Baghdad-by-the-Bay."

by Anonymousreply 109November 14, 2018 12:32 AM

R105 Lots of grammar mistakes in that post, but you call out someone else for being illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 110November 14, 2018 8:03 AM

I hope Gavin does lot's of TV hits. He is way to sexy to not show it off

by Anonymousreply 111November 15, 2018 6:20 PM

Are we sure McBongo isn't pretending to be Newsom and Jeff Flake??

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2018 8:11 PM

I thought Devin Nunes was one of DL's pornstar faves.

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2018 8:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!