Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix's "The Kominsky Method"

Starring Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin's With appearances by Danny DeVito, Ann Margaret and more.

This sounds fun. Like "Horace and Pete" for actors versus bar owners and patrons. Also, Jessica Lange AND Faye Dunaway are both mentioned in episode 1 by Alan Arkin's character, so I'm watching just for that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2020 4:38 AM

I can’t understand what you wrote and the link is just a picture.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2018 3:12 PM

You’re welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2018 3:14 PM

MD looks sooooo old.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2018 3:19 PM

It's getting good reviews so far.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2018 3:24 PM

I want to see this.

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2018 4:30 PM

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2018 5:58 PM

Binge watched. LOVED it! Charming. Sweet. Sarcastic. Funny. Lots of cameos and I am certain I had that same waiter at Musso and Franks.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2018 11:57 PM

Dead and slow compared to Curb. MD is really bad. Alan Arkin is good despite the dull pace and MD’s shrill acting.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2018 1:09 AM

MD looks older than Kirk at this point. How is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2018 3:55 AM

First episode was good enough for me to continue to watch. Arkin is excellent, and the scene with Susan Sullivan was outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2018 3:34 PM

It's not perfect, but there's a lot of really good stuff in this. Alan Arkin's performance is just wonderful. It will be a good year for him come awards season. Since he is 84 years old, good for him. I hope he enjoys every minute of it. Sarah Baker is terrific. Michael Douglas is 74 years old and looks every day of it.

There are way too many jokes about prostate problems, so I give the writing only an A-. But there are some great performances to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2018 3:43 PM

Old people are depressing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2018 3:47 PM

OMG ,who is forcing R12 to watch old people? Cruel!

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2018 3:49 PM

Arkin is surprisingly good. I've never thought he was much as an actor, but, despite the fact that he pretty much does what he's always done, he really nails this role and brings something more to it.

Douglas is just coasting along and being outacted by everyone. The writing is okay. It's benignly average. The show isn't memorable, but it's easy just to sit there and let the whole season cycle. The only real downside is Nancy Travis.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2018 3:50 PM

There are special little stories written in. Lots of dark humor. How do you handle the bad things that life throws at you? Who do you turn to?

Some inside Hollywood jokes. I loved how they go after actors who do those reverse mortgage commercials! But basically, I really enjoyed it. Arkin is wonderful. This series is well worth it.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2018 4:00 PM

It's like someone watched Grace and Frankie and said, let's do that but better.

I always like watching Arkin, even though it's been a while since he challenged himself.

For all the wrinkles, Douglas is healthy and vital in this. He looked like the undead in that Liberace movie, and that was five years ago. But it's weird that they write his character like he's 50, surprised to have health problems and trying to act like a player.

Halfway through the season and still enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2018 4:09 PM

I could take a crayon to a wall and do better than Grace & Frankie

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2018 4:11 PM

When them baggy faced Douglas genes collapse, they do, so gracelessly. Lord have mercy on a sex crazed Baby Boomer and his "dodgy" Silent Generation Pa. Shit, let's write of the whole Douglas clan except that gay one who suffered for his father's (even for then) overt homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2018 4:11 PM

r14 I'd rather have Nancy Travis than the annoying twatface that is Lisa Edelstein.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2018 4:15 PM

I like Travis!

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2018 5:05 PM

Speaking of Ann Margaret...........WTF? I understand Botox and all but she literally could not move her mouth. Nada. Way overboard on that shit.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2018 5:19 PM

Ann was born in 1941 so at 77 if she can just breathe she is ahead of the game.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2018 5:26 PM

Ann Margaret suffered extreme facial injuries as the result of a stage accident years ago. She's had limited range of motion in her face since.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2018 7:44 PM

It's nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2018 7:46 PM

MD looks sooooo old."

I was gonna say "because he is" but he's "only 74." I mean, he IS old and looks fine, but I've seen younger-looking 74 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2018 7:49 PM

The daughter, Mindy, is horribly miscast. An actress of supremely limited range.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2018 5:07 PM

Anybody know if there will be a third season?

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2019 2:33 PM

Why didn't they cast Mindy Cohn as the daughter? She already answers to Mindy.

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2019 2:41 PM

R27 Yes, confirmed 3rd season. I forgot where I read it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2019 2:53 PM

Casey Thomas Brown is out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2020 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!