Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Legendary cunt Debra Winger comes for Andy Cohen in cringetastic interview

I wonder how she got the reputation for being difficult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 30, 2019 8:09 AM

Cohen is an idiot and always cringeworthy

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2018 7:24 AM

Cool. She doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2018 7:25 AM

She's my idol for putting Cohen on his place.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2018 7:25 AM

Amanda Peet is annoying with 2 shots of her mugging in the corner

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2018 7:26 AM

She was not up for those stupid questions, but that's how Andy's show is, so why did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2018 7:29 AM

R3 in

by Anonymousreply 6October 31, 2018 7:30 AM

she is awful. like kathy griffin.

by Anonymousreply 7October 31, 2018 7:31 AM

why was she so mean to her poor fan who called in and complimented her

by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2018 7:37 AM

She's a class act. He's dreck.

by Anonymousreply 9October 31, 2018 7:37 AM

Andy is an annoying kiss-asser BUT Debra was a real bitch. She answered "NO!" to almost everything and twice said "the truth is in there somewhere". So she basically didn't give too many straight answers. She was annoyed at all the questions. Why go on this show if you're going to behave that way? What kind of questions did she want to be asked? She has a stick up her ass. This is 1 of the few times I felt for Andy. She ruined the show and made him look sympathetic. She even laughed and smiled about it all as if she was right to behave that way.

by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2018 9:10 AM

[quote]T10 She ruined the show

Can you ruin that show?

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2018 9:13 AM

R11 the mood of the show. If you're going to act like you're above it all, why bother going on it? She must be a real beaut for fans to meet in person. Self-important people are the most annoying

by Anonymousreply 12October 31, 2018 9:18 AM

I watched it thinking it would be a frosty interview- but not seeing the fuss at all. Both were fine.

by Anonymousreply 13October 31, 2018 9:20 AM

She actually seemed less uptight than I remember her from past interviews. It's always been a real head-scratcher as to why she even does interviews since she clearly doesn't want to answer questions. She never has.

by Anonymousreply 14October 31, 2018 9:28 AM

[quote]Amanda Peet is annoying with 2 shots of her mugging in the corner

She has the sort of teeth Americans admire so much - so she can get away with anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2018 9:42 AM

I loved her in Superman.

by Anonymousreply 16October 31, 2018 9:43 AM

[quote]r14 It's always been a real head-scratcher as to why she even does interviews since she clearly doesn't want to answer questions.

Well, a performer has to do SOME semblance of promoting their film or whathaveyou...they’re lucky she showed up at all.

In this case, she’s on the junket trail for the TV series PATRIOT.

by Anonymousreply 17October 31, 2018 9:44 AM

MORE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2018 9:46 AM

^^^ PLUS Amanda Peet shows us her teeth in their full glory. DON'T miss out!

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2018 9:47 AM

and look (@R18) what a cunt she's being mugging away when the nice lady calls in - pretending to look at her watch etc...horrid.

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2018 9:49 AM

No. Nothing achieves a "tastic" level on this show, everything just plops there and sits til it's flushed.

Debbie Wings has no desire to play Brown-Nose with Andy Lohan or whatever his name is. Even with all the white that goes in there, Andie's nose is the brownest in town.

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2018 10:30 AM

She needs a slap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2018 10:41 AM

Andy Cohen needs to learn how to be a more effective show host. You get difficult guests, that's part and parcel of the job. A skilled show host knows how to diffuse the situation and make it still fun to watch, even with standoff-ish guests.

Winger was irritable and didn't play along and Cohen just shrunk like a deflated balloon. He needs to have some jokes up his sleeve to make light of such silly situations. A host like Graham Norton would have handled this better.

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2018 10:43 AM

In many ways, Debra Winger is too intelligent for her own good, and yet she lacks a certain emotional intelligence. She is a great talent who blew her career due to being too smart to play the game. She has every right to give Andy a hard time, since he's an idiot, but she shouldn't be mocking her fan who called in to the show to speak to her. That was tacky and self destructive, not to mention cruel.

by Anonymousreply 24October 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Oh, yeah, Op, she’s SO difficult in that interview. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 25October 31, 2018 10:52 AM

[quote]Winger was irritable and didn't play along and Cohen just shrunk like a deflated balloon. He needs to have some jokes up his sleeve to make light of such silly situations.

I think he's too starstruck.

by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2018 10:52 AM

[quote]but she shouldn't be mocking her fan who called in to the show to speak to her. That was tacky and self destructive, not to mention cruel.

She's showing you what sort of person she really is.

by Anonymousreply 27October 31, 2018 10:54 AM

I want to become a "legendary cunt".

by Anonymousreply 28October 31, 2018 10:57 AM

I thought she retired.

She should stay away from the talk shows and stick to pretending to be someone else.

by Anonymousreply 29October 31, 2018 11:00 AM

she looks great tho. didnt recognize the other woman, she has a weird face. then i found out she was Amanda peet.

by Anonymousreply 30October 31, 2018 11:08 AM

[quote]she looks great tho.

R30 = Debra

by Anonymousreply 31October 31, 2018 11:11 AM

Debbie Wings is like the poor man's Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 32October 31, 2018 11:15 AM

The OP's picture remind you of anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2018 11:19 AM

Both Winger and Peet had to be bleeped repeatedly, with Cohen at one point saying "This is live television . . ." .

Stockard Channing was a difficult guest last week, but Winger surpassed her.

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2018 11:19 AM

It's her Taurus temper.

by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2018 11:21 AM

I haven’t watched him in years and just realized I’ve missed out on the DL’s trashing of him. I had a crush on him when he was younger but now I find him gross, especially after all his drug talk and his “pass around party bottom” talk. Once upon a time several guys here said he flashed them in the Equinox gym sauna. Why doesn’t anyone have pictures yet?

by Anonymousreply 36October 31, 2018 11:29 AM

[quote] Debbie Wings is like the poor man's Lens Dunham.

I’d take cantankerous Winger over the tiresome SJW exhibitionist Dunham any day.

by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2018 11:34 AM

She isn’t bad in the first clip. If I were assigned to do a talk show circuit to promote something and ended up on his show under pressure to either come across as an asshole by not playing along with his “plead the fifth” segment or else prove I am an asshole by playing along and starting shit with people by confirming awful rumors about others, I’d be annoyed too. It’s a setup. It’s a talk show, not a court of law. Jayzus. But she was terrible while taking that fan call. No excuse for that.

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2018 11:39 AM

no wonder h wood wont work with her

crappy old fug

ugh

by Anonymousreply 39October 31, 2018 11:44 AM

Her disgust with anyone who rubs her in the slightest wrong way is humorous...

all the good roles she missed due to her mean temper. … the storys are many....

awesome he had her on the show and we/the world got to see what a skunt she is

by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2018 11:47 AM

^ I fart in your general direction

by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2018 11:50 AM

Is she ill? she looks old as methusala.

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2018 11:51 AM

[quote] But she was terrible while taking that fan call. No excuse for that.

That's the clip OP should have led with.

Even the youtube fanfraus are calling her out on this.

and rightly so.

And even after the calls she doesn't address them but looks str8 back at Andy as though they don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2018 11:51 AM

I’ve always liked Debra Winger, but she was horrible in the second clip when the caller was talking. Winger’s reactions to the caller (who was being respectful) were cruel and dismissive. She richly deserves any online scorn she’s receiving for her response to that phone call alone.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2018 11:55 AM

I'll link it again in case you didn't see it. Wretched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2018 11:56 AM

So why are people fans of hers? Because of a couple of hit movies from 30 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 46October 31, 2018 11:58 AM

Emma was always an entitled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47October 31, 2018 12:03 PM

The other people in the interview room are enabling Winger’s crabby attitude towards the fan. Amanda Peet is rocking in her chair from laughter. Cohen is nodding. What a ship of fools.

by Anonymousreply 48October 31, 2018 12:08 PM

Evil funk has gotten the face she deserves....man she has crossed a lot of people in her time..

andy was super pissed by both their dumbass antics, Amanda has no excuse, she is more or less....normal

by Anonymousreply 49October 31, 2018 12:09 PM

[quote]The other people in the interview room are enabling Winger’s crabby attitude towards the fan. Amanda Peet is rocking in her chair from laughter. Cohen is nodding. What a ship of fools

They're sucking up to her. She could have done anything and they would have guffawed.

And Peet in one of those clips, to Debra “I lurve you”

by Anonymousreply 50October 31, 2018 12:17 PM

Who and or what is AManda Peet?

by Anonymousreply 51October 31, 2018 12:19 PM

[quote]So why are people fans of hers? Because of a couple of hit movies from 30 years ago?

Why should this surprise you?

ONE great movie role can make lifelong fans.

by Anonymousreply 52October 31, 2018 12:21 PM

[quote]Debbie Wings has no desire to play Brown-Nose with Andy Lohan or whatever his name is. Even with all the white that goes in there, Andie's nose is the brownest in town.

Again...why even go on the show? I didn’t think she was all that at bad. What I don’t get is Cohen’s deer in headlights look. It’s not like he’s talking to somebody that’s been relevant in the last 30 years. If she leaves pissed off BFD--play her game. She was cantankerous. He should’ve been equally or more so. Shit, she might’ve enjoyed it. I would’ve been all “Drusilla...er...I mean Debra.”

by Anonymousreply 53October 31, 2018 12:22 PM

And I agree with the folks who commented on Amanda Peet’s annoying mugging and over-the-top reactions.

by Anonymousreply 54October 31, 2018 12:30 PM

It’s possible to enjoy a good movie without becoming fantatically and unreasonably interested in the people who brought the writing to life. Especially if those people are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 55October 31, 2018 12:32 PM

R24 hits the nail on the head with Debra’s whole vibe and situation. She decided long ago that she is the smartest person in the room and because of that, can’t suffer any fools. She’s that person who starts everyone off with a D minus and they have to work their asses off to prove they aren’t functionally disabled to be able to intellectually “hang” with her. We all know that person and he/she is insufferable and so not fun. That being said, Andy had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 56October 31, 2018 12:33 PM

What is the basis of assuming this woman is incredibly intelligent?

by Anonymousreply 57October 31, 2018 12:34 PM

What Becomes a Legendary Cunt Most?

by Anonymousreply 58October 31, 2018 12:37 PM

Is this you, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 31, 2018 12:39 PM

Who the fuck is Debra Winger?

by Anonymousreply 60October 31, 2018 12:41 PM

I just watched the second clip. Yes, her "get on with it gestures" were odd, but her answer was spot on. When you have been in the business that long, and you are tired of the way you are treated...you don't give a shit. Although, she does come off as odd, and snooty, I still like her.

I have "met" her once. I was working in a hotel. I literally was so excited (I had watched "Terms of Endearment", like 500 times.) I told her that I cry at every movie she was in because I'm reminded of ToE.. She said "Maybe you should see my funnier movies." I asked her "Do you did at the end?" LOL?

by Anonymousreply 61October 31, 2018 12:59 PM

Both Winger and Peet were even more annoying on the WWHL After Show and they obviously had too much to drink.

Peet rated Ashton Kutcher's kissing a "9", then tried to walk it back.

Winger must need $$$, if she's hoping the new season of "The Ranch" on Netflix will include her.

by Anonymousreply 62October 31, 2018 1:03 PM

I don’t understand why people freak out when they meet celebrities. They’re just people who are recorded and seen by many. They’re not demigods. My favorite artist is Tori Amos—an incredibly talented composer, pianist, writer, singer with brilliant ideas and empathy—and despite my admiration, I’ve never felt like she is some sort of superhuman in whose presence I must cower. I’ve met lots of celebs. They’re just people. It would be like shaking and quaking and crying when you see people on the subway. I don’t get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 63October 31, 2018 1:05 PM

go easy on her

she is a notorious drunk.

by Anonymousreply 64October 31, 2018 1:07 PM

Imagine bein married to her or bein her kid....all that negativity she reeks. ...must be tuff.

by Anonymousreply 65October 31, 2018 1:13 PM

Why did she divorce Timothy Hutton?

by Anonymousreply 66October 31, 2018 1:19 PM

Probably because he no longer looks like this :-(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 31, 2018 1:23 PM

I liked Terms of Endearment . minus her! I didn't even care that she died. I liked the other characters, though.

by Anonymousreply 68October 31, 2018 1:26 PM

Is she a bigger Cunt than Faye ?

by Anonymousreply 69October 31, 2018 1:26 PM

R63 people have a fucked up weird relationship with celebrity. It’s gotten worse considering the culture we live in with social media and hardly any public people to like or admire outside of the entertainment industry. I think Winger just gets tired of being asked about UC, TOE, and OAAG and the people she worked with on each of them. Despite her cunty ways sometimes I still love her work.

by Anonymousreply 70October 31, 2018 1:27 PM

R67 they divorced in the late 80s so Hutton was still in his 20s then.

by Anonymousreply 71October 31, 2018 1:28 PM

Oh I just love when Andy is uncomfortable. His whole shtick is being a mean girl and trying to make others uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 72October 31, 2018 1:28 PM

I don’t know if this word has ever been used to describe her, but she seems “turbulent” to me.

by Anonymousreply 73October 31, 2018 1:30 PM

[quote]Both Winger and Peet had to be bleeped repeatedly

I don’t know her, or her.

[quote]Stockard Channing was a difficult guest last week

I don’t know her either.

by Anonymousreply 74October 31, 2018 1:31 PM

He is clearly under the impression that everyone thinks he's "adorable" with this "aw, shucks" expressions.

He can only feel superior with this condescending "sweeties" when it's one of the "lower" Bravolebrities.

by Anonymousreply 75October 31, 2018 1:35 PM

In her pre-show prep, she was asked by a producer if she would do the "Plead the Fifth" game and she agreed to do it. The game wasn't sprung on her. Nothing ever is on these talk shows. So for her to be a cunt while still playing the game is just flat out cuntiness for the sake of cuntiness. I wonder if she's pleased with herself this morning.

Andy is pretty good about trashing his awful guests after the fact. For example, he isn't shy about saying how awful Scott Baio was to interview on his show. He'll probably have plenty to say about Debra Winger in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 76October 31, 2018 2:29 PM

R15, thanks for bringing back good memories! I remember being insulted by Italian communists for my 'American teeth' and I had to laugh all over again.

by Anonymousreply 77October 31, 2018 2:33 PM

More of Peet’s teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 31, 2018 2:39 PM

What was the real dirt between her and Shirley?

by Anonymousreply 79October 31, 2018 2:42 PM

She and Shirley battled on the set of TOE...she also didn’t get along with Jack Nicholson. Things got so bad that at one point, Debra dropped her pants and broke wind in their direction! Shirley’s no prize herself, so maybe Debra was justified. But she also didn’t get along with the cast from other films either.

by Anonymousreply 80October 31, 2018 2:53 PM

If that dumb fool asks those stupid types of questions, he should always expect a reaction.

by Anonymousreply 81October 31, 2018 2:54 PM

No, if you’re an actor going on a talk show- to do a press tour to promote your career no less- then you should be prepared to give the show what it wants.

Go on Today or GMA? Give them fluffy Frau catnip.

60 Minutes? Something more serious and dignified

WWHL? Gossip and adoration for your fans.

It’s no secret what Cohen or his show is like. If you don’t want to do it, fine. Then don’t! But if you do go on, play the game.

by Anonymousreply 82October 31, 2018 2:58 PM

R39 I heard Winger got along with Nicholson. But I don’t think they were together face to face too much either. From what MacLaine has said Winger insisted being called Emma and wanted to stay in character. But MacLaine just didn’t work that way. James L. Brooks is to blame too for creating a rather tense set. It got so bad Shirley quit the film and had to be coaxed back.

by Anonymousreply 83October 31, 2018 3:35 PM

Here I was thinking that ol' Deb had cooled down a bit with old age, but nope - she's as county as ever. I don't like Andy Cohen myself, but Jesus. The stuff with the caller was so rude and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 84October 31, 2018 3:53 PM

Andy Cohen is a gross man who deserves it.

Somebody let me know when all those twinks comes forward with stories of sexual harassment and assault.

by Anonymousreply 85October 31, 2018 3:55 PM

Poor thing. Three nominations and no wins over an entire career.

by Anonymousreply 86October 31, 2018 3:58 PM

The questions were all stupid -

by Anonymousreply 87October 31, 2018 3:59 PM

He shows his ass when he can't handle a little blowback.

by Anonymousreply 88October 31, 2018 4:07 PM

R60 Winger is on the popular show "The Ranch" on Netflix. She and Sam Elliot have great chemistry. A lot of people know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 89October 31, 2018 4:12 PM

Sure r86...but unlike you, she didn’t get hers based on her lesser performances...coughIronLadycough

by Anonymousreply 90October 31, 2018 4:12 PM

Winger wouldn't have kept showing off with her asshole attitude toward the caller if she wasn't being encouraged by Peet and Cohen. They all thought it was hilarious. Not sure what was up with Peet, but Cohen was probably just trying to keep Winger happy for a few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 91October 31, 2018 4:15 PM

Peet was drunk. Debs a cunt. Andy looked like he wanted to pull the plug after the first 5 mins. Aside from Winger's dreadful behavior, when Andy was trying to get Peet to play along with one of his stupid games she totally ignored him and focused on Winger. Yes, the show is silly and Andy can be a bit much but if you agree to go on the show play along and don't be disrespectful especially to fans calling in. It makes me wonder how Winger, David Mamet and Patti Lu managed to work together on that awful play a few seasons back.

by Anonymousreply 92October 31, 2018 4:23 PM

Didn’t Debra French kiss a dog for a photo shoot once?

by Anonymousreply 93October 31, 2018 4:25 PM

Andy himself is no stranger to being an asshole on this show.

by Anonymousreply 94October 31, 2018 4:27 PM

They're made for each other.

She's been an asshole for years. He's just more recent.

by Anonymousreply 95October 31, 2018 4:30 PM

She's done great work and has more substance than the RHO--, Cohen, Peet combined. So she's snippy. Who gives a fuck. Untwist.

by Anonymousreply 96October 31, 2018 4:33 PM

Both Debra and Amanda bristled when they were asked about Jack Nicholson. They clearly didn't like him. I'm sure he tried to put the moves on them.

by Anonymousreply 97October 31, 2018 4:35 PM

I loved it when Anne Hathaway slapped her in Rachel Getting Married.

by Anonymousreply 98October 31, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]Who the fuck is Debra Winger? —Everyone under the age of 50

^This.

by Anonymousreply 99October 31, 2018 4:40 PM

[quote] In many ways, Debra Winger is too intelligent for her own good, and yet she lacks a certain emotional intelligence. She is a great talent who blew her career due to being too smart to play the game.

I'm a college professor, and every day I'm around exceptionally smart people who have Ph.D.s from Ivy League schools. That's not how smart people behave.

by Anonymousreply 100October 31, 2018 4:41 PM

Everyone knows Winger because of the Anarchist.

by Anonymousreply 101October 31, 2018 4:46 PM

Don't see the big deal some people here are making of this.

by Anonymousreply 102October 31, 2018 4:46 PM

R102 Did you accidentally wander onto the gossip board dear?

by Anonymousreply 103October 31, 2018 4:49 PM

She's beyond difficult and likely has mental issues. Probably bi-polar, or sexually abused as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 104October 31, 2018 4:50 PM

There is a kind of integrity to her cunting, which makes it almost admirable. Cohen was asking little girl questions and she wasn't playing.

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2018 4:52 PM

Are there assholes here ACTUALLY DEFENDING that miserable wretch Andy Cohen? You do realize where you are, don’t you? He’s REPULSIVE and widely and deservedly hated here. He’s a breath away from a major #metoo takedown, if Ronan or anyone else could be bothered with his pathetic ass.

Debra is fine. Everyone knows what you get with her. She doesn’t suffer fools gladly. You are also aware that she has had a Netflix show for the last three years now that is quite popular?

I swear, DL lives in opposite upside down world compared to the rest of reality 99% of the time. It’s exhausting and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 106October 31, 2018 4:53 PM

I would love to see Debbie Wings and Lens Dunham both guest on WWHL at the same time. THAT would be amazing. Who would be the cuntiest cunt?

by Anonymousreply 107October 31, 2018 5:06 PM

I think that most are taken aback that a 50yo man is asking questions like a 12yo girl at a slumber party.

by Anonymousreply 108October 31, 2018 5:07 PM

R107, since it's two people being compared, it's "cuntiER."

by Anonymousreply 109October 31, 2018 5:14 PM

Do you think OP ever used "legendary cunt" when talking about a man?

I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 110October 31, 2018 5:28 PM

I agree that Debra likely has some history of trauma or mental imbalance. Who knows? perhaps her formative years she was a very free range child without parental guidance where you learn some semblance of societal niceties or she was so beyond her years from the start.

She has always seemed to be such, whatever it is.

I always seek out her acting roles, and appreciate her obvious talent. There is something about her I truly adore watching. Living with her would obviously be an entirely other matter.

by Anonymousreply 111October 31, 2018 5:30 PM

She was in a bad car accident when she was barely out of her teens. She was temporarily blinded and paralyzed for almost a year. She made a promise that if she recovered, she’d become an actress. That sounds pretty traumatic to me.

by Anonymousreply 112October 31, 2018 5:33 PM

If I called in I would ask her about her role as Wonder Girl and what it was like to work with Lynda Carter.

by Anonymousreply 113October 31, 2018 5:34 PM

I still chuckle when I see her in her Baby WW outfit, with that bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 114October 31, 2018 5:36 PM

Just spin bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 31, 2018 5:37 PM

Andy probably didn't mind her jerking him around, since it made for good tv. This isn't actually anything to take seriously you know.

by Anonymousreply 116October 31, 2018 5:44 PM

Oh fuck off, R110. There's no greater compliment on DL than being called a "legendary cunt"

You're just a run-of-the-mill cunt. Why don't you go back to Slate or HuffPo, where you can throw a tantrum about word choice without having to offer anything substantial to the conversation. DL requires irony or some shred of a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 117October 31, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote]If I called in I would ask her about her role as Wonder Girl and what it was like to work with Lynda Carter.

I wish it had been you who had called in.

You would have gotten a lot more than an olde fashioned DL eye-roll and gurl please, that I can promise you.

by Anonymousreply 118October 31, 2018 5:57 PM

I've never in my life seen an actress behave so badly towards a fan. I've heard stories but never seen it.

Actually I've seen Julia be a sour-faced cunt - but not quite as bad as this.

by Anonymousreply 119October 31, 2018 6:02 PM

I would like for that clip to go viral on the internet. Gurl needs to learn how to behave.

by Anonymousreply 120October 31, 2018 6:03 PM

"I thought you wrote about Shirley MacLaine in your book because you wrote a great book!"

ANDY COHEN IS JIMINY FUCKING GLICK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 31, 2018 6:09 PM

Has anyone in any interview ever dared to ask her about “Wonder Woman”?

by Anonymousreply 122October 31, 2018 6:24 PM

yes - she did a whole schtick on Letterman once.

by Anonymousreply 123October 31, 2018 6:25 PM

here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 31, 2018 6:26 PM

r119 is the “Why, I never in all my life” frau.

by Anonymousreply 125October 31, 2018 6:33 PM

Gay men love to see extremely talented/fabulous women "being difficult" (being divas) and insisting on doing things their own way because they know best: witness the gay cultural following for figures like Barbra Streisand, Naomi Campbell, Roseanne, Bette Midler, Aretha Franklin, even Sharon Stone --in large part we love them BECAUSE they're difficult, and we like to imagine ourselves being like them and insisting things have to be done OUR WAY or not at all. And we excuse them by wrongly saying (as they say about themselves), "They are criticized only because they are women and are intelligent, and f a man behaved that way he would be rewarded" (when in actuality, men who do indeed behave that way, like Elton John or Val Kilmer or James Cameron, are themselves hugely criticized too).

The reality is: an asshole is an asshole, and Debra Winger is an asshole. Her talent does not stem from being an asshole, and she is not considered an asshole only because she's a woman: she's an asshole because she's an asshole. There are plenty of actresses who are just as talented as she is who do not behave like assholes (Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Jessica Lange) but who are professional and responsible and behave well in interviews.

Being an asshole is not a help to being a great performer. It is a hindrance.

by Anonymousreply 126October 31, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote]There are plenty of actresses who are just as talented as she is who do not behave like assholes (Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Jessica Lange) but who are professional and responsible and behave well in interviews.

Most successful actresses behave well and are friendly types ( but not necessarily full blown dollface types).

I once saw a documentary about actresses trying to make it and one was informed how she HAD TO CHANGE her attitude if she was going to make it big as there are lot of people who you'll need to get along with.

by Anonymousreply 127October 31, 2018 6:40 PM

Cate can be a bit of a cunt in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 128October 31, 2018 6:41 PM

I would've asked about "Mike's Murder" a James Bridges film which has a cult following. Supposedly Bridges' boyfriend has a bunch of excised footage from the film - which initially ran in an end to beginning format and the studio cut the film extremely so it tells the story in the traditional way.

by Anonymousreply 129October 31, 2018 6:58 PM

James Bridges is gay?

by Anonymousreply 130October 31, 2018 7:01 PM

Amanda and Debra were awful guests, but did that caller SERIOUSLY believe there would be real life’s sexual tension between Debra Winger....and JOHN TRAVOLTA?!

by Anonymousreply 131October 31, 2018 7:17 PM

I had completely forgotten her car accident. That she lost her eyesight and was paralyzed might .... explain a few things given the areas and level of trauma.

by Anonymousreply 132October 31, 2018 7:21 PM

"Men who do behave like that are themselves criticized too."

Well, maybe. Eventually.

by Anonymousreply 133October 31, 2018 7:34 PM

R133 Why are you comparing Debra to Cosby, Weinstein, Kavanaugh, Spacey?

by Anonymousreply 134October 31, 2018 7:41 PM

I would have lent her cuntiness slide and even found it amusing if it wasn't for the way she handled some poor woman calling in to tell her how much she admires her work. The eyeroll, the blah blah blah was too much and made her look really, really bad. I mean, Lauren Bacall was a legendary cunt but she still appreciated and respected her fans. Debs should just refuse to do any publicity for her films/tv shows. Is THE PATRIOT or whatever it's called such a big deal? Her appearance on WWHL certainly isn't going to make me tune in.

by Anonymousreply 135October 31, 2018 7:51 PM

R135

Lauren Bacall made 12 year old Anderson Cooper cry because he defended Palestinians to her.

by Anonymousreply 136October 31, 2018 7:54 PM

[quote]—Cosby, Weinstein, Kavanaugh, Spacey...

First of all, Kavanaugh does not count: we are talking about creative people, not judges and politicians.

Second of all: all those people were criticized (certainly on DL and on the internet) when they were powerful; they were brought down when the culture decided they had gone too far. But Roseanne got away with everything (but was criticized) until SHE went too far, and then she was brought down. And Madonna, for example, still gets away with everything.

by Anonymousreply 137October 31, 2018 7:55 PM

R106 I feel like if there were any actual ME TOO stories about cohen, Kathy Griffin would have told everyone by now because she was really desperate to take him down and she published that sad letter from the fan who claimed to have slept with Andy

by Anonymousreply 138October 31, 2018 7:55 PM

She is lucky to land that show. Fallon, Kimmel etc would never have her on because no one under 50 would care to watch her be interviewed. Would love to see her pull that shit with Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 139October 31, 2018 8:07 PM

Here is Lynda Carter discussing her experience with Debra in an old Larry King interview. You’re welcome, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 31, 2018 8:09 PM

On that Letteman clip , it shows she has a sense of humor about herself. She seems so easy going and fun to be around. I just think she just doesn’t have time to play the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 141October 31, 2018 8:27 PM

What is she promoting? I'll check it out. Was that really Amanda Peet? I'm a fan of hers. What's happened?

by Anonymousreply 142October 31, 2018 8:33 PM

James Bridges was gay - he died quite awhile ago. He also directed "Urban Cowboy".

by Anonymousreply 143October 31, 2018 8:38 PM

I like her. I don't see why that interview makes her a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 144October 31, 2018 8:52 PM

She hasn’t got time for the pain - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 31, 2018 9:07 PM

All TV shows are fake. Reality and talk shows included. So the caller was a setup that the shows writer was hoping Debra would say something about Travolta being gay.

by Anonymousreply 146October 31, 2018 9:08 PM

I laughed out loud when Andy asked Debra if Billy Crystal was a good kisser.

by Anonymousreply 147October 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Debra, on WWHL: She's senile. She'd said to AC, " . . . WHAT were you doing 40 years ago ????" But then, she caught herself . . .

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2018 9:13 PM

Exactly, r118! I’m not impressed by her acting career and enjoyed her role as Drucilla, Wonder Woman’s younger sister, best.

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2018 9:17 PM

James Bridges longtime partner was Jimmy Olsen himself on the old b&w "Superman". (Jack Larson?)

by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2018 9:21 PM

Hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2018 9:24 PM

Debra STINKER

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2018 9:25 PM

She supposedly had a big affair with Nick Nolte, and the pair moved in together ON THE ACTUAL CANNERY ROW SET while filming.

I’d really like to hear more about THAT.

(I think Fonda and Sutherland moved into the KLUTE set together, too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 31, 2018 9:29 PM

I'm no Andyfan, but Debra is a vile beef curtain hag and cunt. If she was so stupid as to not watch an episode of the show prior, she didn't do her homework.

Has been, or never was. Reminded me of Carrie Fisher, minus the wit.

Her pussy STINKS.

by Anonymousreply 154October 31, 2018 9:42 PM

Maybe Deb was uncomfortable and nervous because it was live TV. Maybe being fawned over makes her uncomfortable. Maybe she has a sense of humor that only her closest friends can appreciate.

Otherwise, she's Queen of the Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 155October 31, 2018 9:50 PM

She deserves a humanitarian award for farting in Shirley Maclaine's face.

by Anonymousreply 156October 31, 2018 9:55 PM

omg I cant believe she showed the world what a monster she is....

by Anonymousreply 157October 31, 2018 10:18 PM

peet was just as badd

they made cohen look like an ass peet backed skunt winger up in every asswipe thing she said.

I wont watch anything ever with either of them in it..

by Anonymousreply 158October 31, 2018 10:23 PM

And R154 wins the Abomination Award!

by Anonymousreply 159October 31, 2018 10:25 PM

What the actual fuck, r32?

by Anonymousreply 160October 31, 2018 10:32 PM

I watched all the clips available and it made me love Debra Winger.

So now DL is saying celebrities who go on shows should be all sweetness and light. Fuck That.

Oh, and now DL is defending Andy?

The world has lost it's mind, but et tu, DL?

by Anonymousreply 161October 31, 2018 10:37 PM

The two of them were difficult to watch

by Anonymousreply 162October 31, 2018 10:41 PM

Andy posted on his instagram stories (can't copy the clip so you'll have to watch yourselves) after the show:

[quote] ahhh....tonight's show was rough. The team and I are having a cocktail to hash it out. I earned a drink...tonight.

and on his twitter he posted "Daddy needs a drinnk". I hate when he refers to himself as "daddy" ugh but this confirms that he was doing the most to fake being amused by Debra and Amanda. He knew it bombed

by Anonymousreply 163October 31, 2018 10:43 PM

edit you can see the clip here...it's the one below the clip of his dog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 31, 2018 10:44 PM

R163, I'd like to hash HIM out.

by Anonymousreply 165October 31, 2018 10:49 PM

The WWHL Debra Winger episode brought back memories of DL Icon Sean Young's talk show appearances -

by Anonymousreply 166October 31, 2018 10:52 PM

What a piece of no-talent garbage is AC.

by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2018 10:58 PM

You're not very good detectives. Lynda Carter in that clip said she'd been close to her and then heard she'd been bitching about her at a much later date. Then the various other “situations” with other people. The abandoning acting on a sour note. She bitches about the people who made one of her films. Now this.

I'm amazed she's lasted this long.

by Anonymousreply 168October 31, 2018 10:59 PM

Well, one has a popular show and the other hasn't been relevant in 30 years. Debra can lick my ass after a bad combo at Taco Bell (and a few ears of corn).

by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2018 11:01 PM

Stop with the Andy hate. It's so tiresome.

As for the people defending her. They're fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2018 11:01 PM

Wow, that Lynda interview w/Larry King makes me not like Winger at ALL.

by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2018 11:03 PM

Well, we know what bitches some talented people can be. Even some Oscar° winners.

by Anonymousreply 172October 31, 2018 11:04 PM

She has no talent. I feel sorry for the people working with her on that Netflix show.

by Anonymousreply 173October 31, 2018 11:06 PM

"Debra Winger, nobody else here even knows who you are, now get your butt over here and sign that autograph!" - slightly drunk DLer, Beverly Hilton, Oscar Night 1982

by Anonymousreply 174October 31, 2018 11:22 PM

I had no idea who she was. I’d heard her name...and that’s it.

Now I know she’s a giant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 175October 31, 2018 11:25 PM

The Golden Globes are held at the Beverly Hilton, as are most of the after parties. Not the Academy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 176October 31, 2018 11:26 PM

I stand by Lynda Carter! Winger is a cunt flap!

by Anonymousreply 177October 31, 2018 11:45 PM

For all intents and purposes, Debra was a guest in Andy’s “home” and she was nasty to him and Andy’s other “guests” ( callers). This woman is probably friendless and loathed by her family.

by Anonymousreply 178November 1, 2018 12:00 AM

Andy deserves any abuse he’s given.

by Anonymousreply 179November 1, 2018 12:01 AM

It WAS the after party at the Beverly Hilton, not the Oscars themselves. Many on DL already know this story.

by Anonymousreply 180November 1, 2018 12:06 AM

And, R179, he WANTS it.

by Anonymousreply 181November 1, 2018 12:08 AM

R154 she probably just assumed Andy was a less famous version of Kimmel or Fallon and so she didn't expect to be put on the spot. Like most celebs she doesn't watch any of these shows.

by Anonymousreply 182November 1, 2018 12:58 AM

You’re beyond tiresome Andystan R174, and a stupid twat. Blocked. Now shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 183November 1, 2018 1:14 AM

She and her creepy husband, Arliss Howard, didn't exactly win a lot of friends when they filmed BIG, BAD LOVE in Oxford, MS.

That said, there are interview clips out there where she is tough, but still somewhat charming...I think on WWHL she was probably drunk and also rightly figured out what a vapid loser Andi is.

There's no excuse for her being such a cunt to that fan who called in, though.

by Anonymousreply 184November 1, 2018 2:08 AM

peet was just as rude, laffin like a hyena along with winger at andy, he was so pissed. them harpys looked like asses.

by Anonymousreply 185November 1, 2018 2:19 AM

Uggg, all this time I thought Sean Young and DW were the same actress.

by Anonymousreply 186November 1, 2018 2:22 AM

Sean Young and Debra Winger are “essentially” the same person.

by Anonymousreply 187November 1, 2018 2:27 AM

Winger would never do the things Young would do.

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2018 2:41 AM

Amanda Peet was also wasted on Seth Meyers the other night.

They had prepared cocktails for her to drink during the interview. She confessed she had pregamed and proceeded to be a giggly mess.

by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2018 2:43 AM

winger makes young look like a sweet smart gal....

few in the history of filmdom have as shitty a reputation as winger..

looks like a sloppy drunk.

by Anonymousreply 190November 1, 2018 2:45 AM

Peet and her teeth. Just because.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 1, 2018 2:48 AM

Americans are just not used to an actor not being a huge phony in interviews. Watch some British talk shows. Brit actors, male and female, are not afraid to speak their minds. I find it very refreshing compared to the phony saccharine psuedo-niceness of American celebs.

by Anonymousreply 192November 1, 2018 2:49 AM

Did he ask if she was down with the swirl?

Did a caller ask what her HW tagline would be?

Did she have to marry/shag/ kill anyone?

by Anonymousreply 193November 1, 2018 2:51 AM

Just watched the clips.... much ado about nothing. She answered the fans question. she was just making funny faces more about how ong ago it was and that she herself is old etc.. she was fine.

by Anonymousreply 194November 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Between Linda Fiorentino, Debra Winger, and Sean Young, who is the most difficult actress to work with?

by Anonymousreply 195November 1, 2018 2:54 AM

No one is saying she had to be saccharine or a my little pony, but a celeb should know what type of show they’re going on and what the host expects of them.

If you go on Ellen, then yes you need to be saccharine and sweet. That’s what she wants and what the audience expects. But go on Wendy Williams or Andy Cohen and the performance needs to change. They can be dishy, gossipy and fun on Cohen.

And I assume the people who don’t know Winger aren’t gay because no gay man with a shred of dignity would skip a Patti LuPone performance on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 196November 1, 2018 2:55 AM

Winger had an affair with Jack Nicholson during the filming of "Terms of Endearment" so she obviously "liked" him. His nickname for her was "Buck"; it had something to do with the expression "buck and wing." A buck and wing is a kind of tap dance, but I don't he called her that because of her dancing. Anyway, in a Vanity Fair article about her it stated that she made a point of sleeping with every actor she worked with. Supposedly Richard Gere didn't want to go to bed with her, which is a major reason she hated him.

Anyway, she's always been combative in interviews. On "The Actor's Studio" she told James LIpton "I refuse to answer that question." I can't remember what the question was, but it was definitely not untoward. Debra Winger has always deserved her reputation for being "difficult." Actually, she seems more nutty than difficult. In Shirley MacLaine's memoir "My Lucky Stars" she describes Winger as being an out of control wacko, terrible to work with.

by Anonymousreply 197November 1, 2018 2:56 AM

Let's jump to the middle of Shirley MacLaine's juicy tell-all, "My Lucky Stars" -- this one's a show-biz bio, not a spiritual memoir -- and meet a young on the first day of shooting for "Terms of Endearment." All was not peaceful from the beginning, recalls McLaine. "Hey, Mom," Winger yelled to her (MacLaine played mother in the movie), "hey, get over here. These (placement marks) are yours." Winger had already proven demanding in rehearsal, says MacLaine, so when she again ordered "Mom" to her marks on the set, "the crew stopped talking," MacLaine writes. "They could sense a (territorial) stakeout.

" 'I heard you,' I said. 'I know marks when I see them.' 'Good,' (Winger) said. 'How's this for a mark?' She turned around, walked away from me, lifted her skirt slightly, looked over her shoulder, bent over, and farted in my face."

by Anonymousreply 198November 1, 2018 2:57 AM

R193, you forgot "Have you ever taken a dip in the lady pond?"

by Anonymousreply 199November 1, 2018 3:00 AM

She’s a disgusting cunt. Gen X needs to tell this wretched Boomer bitch to step aside. We will not tolerate her type of homophobia and anti-Semitism against Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 200November 1, 2018 3:03 AM

I give better interviews and I'm dead.

by Anonymousreply 201November 1, 2018 3:05 AM

Winger is Jewish herself R200

by Anonymousreply 202November 1, 2018 3:14 AM

I'm not an Andy fan but even I felt awful for him last night. Both guests were disrespectful. Winger should move into Sean Young's studio apartment in Astoria. I'm sure they'd be happily miserable together.

by Anonymousreply 203November 1, 2018 3:15 AM

[quote]Winger is Jewish herself [R200]

Well she’s also a Boomer and therefore needs to look into Euthanasia for herself.

by Anonymousreply 204November 1, 2018 3:16 AM

Whatta cunt....she still thinks she's a Hollywood star. I'm assuming she was "somebody" at some point ... Next!

by Anonymousreply 205November 1, 2018 3:22 AM

Andy needs to stop making his parents happen. Buy them a condo in Florida and STFU

by Anonymousreply 206November 1, 2018 3:27 AM

R146 may be right. There are all sorts of examples, like some of the games that Jimmy Fallon plays on his show, the celebrities are given answers in advance to stage the game. That slips out every once in a while and everybody pretends to not notice.

Also, I was once contacted by The Walking Dead show about information I had on my website regarding a horror movie set. They ended up having a caller call in, on what was supposed to be a live show, asking about that horror movie set. So clearly, hours earlier, they were setting things up to ask that specific question. The caller had to be a ringer and it was all scripted.

So this call may very well have been scripted too, which kind of makes Debra Winger's reaction even odder.

by Anonymousreply 207November 1, 2018 3:27 AM

She didn't do anything obnoxious in either of those clips. Y'all are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 208November 1, 2018 3:30 AM

Come on, R208. She made Andy Cohen uncomfortable and that's not easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 209November 1, 2018 3:37 AM

Did you winged cunt.

by Anonymousreply 210November 1, 2018 3:41 AM

R141, she doesn't have the "time" to suffer fools? The woman has barely worked, save for the odd TV appearance, in the last thirty years.

Debra Winger has nothing BUT time.

by Anonymousreply 211November 1, 2018 3:44 AM

Her TV series was just picked up for season 4 today. It’s a big hit on Netflix. You were saying, R211?

by Anonymousreply 212November 1, 2018 3:52 AM

Jennifer Lawrence was a better guest and a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 213November 1, 2018 3:52 AM

Jennifer Lawrence doesn't take herself too seriously unlike Winger.

by Anonymousreply 214November 1, 2018 4:00 AM

[quote]R198 " 'I heard you,' I said. 'I know marks when I see them.' 'Good,' (Winger) said. 'How's this for a mark?' She turned around, walked away from me, lifted her skirt slightly, looked over her shoulder, bent over, and farted in my face." (Shirley MacLaine)

At last someone had the guts to do it....

by Anonymousreply 215November 1, 2018 4:02 AM

That’s what I thought when I saw the clips Winger isn’t a phony

by Anonymousreply 216November 1, 2018 4:30 AM

Good actress, notorious cunt, used to run around smoking a lot of weed with a friend of mine. Not a nasty person by any means, but she has no interest in pleasing the public. Tricky attitude for an actress to carry off.

I had no idea she was working in an online show.

by Anonymousreply 217November 1, 2018 4:50 AM

She’s just interested in acting, not inane chitchat.

by Anonymousreply 218November 1, 2018 5:02 AM

[quote]She’s just interested in acting, not inane chitchat.

The don’t do any press...you stupid cunt. Why go on a show like Cohen’s... you fucking stupid feckless wretched cunt????

by Anonymousreply 219November 1, 2018 5:05 AM

Debra would get a laugh from being called Debbie Wings, then knee you in the crown jewels.

by Anonymousreply 220November 1, 2018 5:06 AM

[quote]R219 The don’t do any press...you stupid cunt. Why go on a show like Cohen’s... you fucking stupid feckless wretched cunt????

Jeez...it’s not like she stabbed anyone.

Calm down, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 221November 1, 2018 5:12 AM

Fuck Debra, the talentless cunt. She only embarrassed herself.

by Anonymousreply 222November 1, 2018 6:45 AM

Or won new fans, who admire adults.

by Anonymousreply 223November 1, 2018 6:49 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that was a phony caller asking about gay as goose John Travolta and the chemistry they had ?

by Anonymousreply 224November 1, 2018 7:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 1, 2018 7:07 AM

Isn’t it called “watch what happens live??”

Well... we watched it and Debra Winger was a giant cunt.

Isn’t that what this show is all about???

by Anonymousreply 226November 1, 2018 7:18 AM

Winger is a REAL-DEAL actress. She has the same no nonsense attitude Bette Davis did. Take it or leave it...she doesn’t care.

And Davis singled out Winger as the actress of that later generation that she admired the most.

by Anonymousreply 227November 1, 2018 7:28 AM

in my research, I could find no one who had a good thing to say about her cunt, who has worked with her smelly cunt, not her fault: she was born with a stench mouth cunt, but must she show it to all she works with???

by Anonymousreply 228November 1, 2018 7:39 AM

She’s so good in her season of IN TREATMENT. She plays a stage actress.

If you haven’t seen it, it’s a lesson in acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 1, 2018 7:43 AM

[quote]And Davis singled out Winger as the actress of that later generation that she admired the most

Davis was 95 years old, suffered a stroke, and had dementia.

by Anonymousreply 230November 1, 2018 7:46 AM

[quote]She’s so good in her season of IN TREATMENT.

God, it was boring that show. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 231November 1, 2018 7:55 AM

IN TREATMENT was brilliant. And the acting was never less than superb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 1, 2018 8:04 AM

twas a great show cept for the CUNT FACED WINGER

by Anonymousreply 233November 1, 2018 8:11 AM

OMG....what did she DO to you?

Beat you out for a role??

by Anonymousreply 234November 1, 2018 8:18 AM

So, was she so dismissive with him because he misattributed a passage in Shirley Maclaine’s book to her? It sounds like he didn’t read her book, but commented something like “you wrote a book, a great book” right after discussing MaCaine’s writing about Winger on the set of Terms of Endearment. I know it’s common for interviewers to discuss books they have not read, but Cohen snared himself. In the end, they both seem awful.

by Anonymousreply 235November 1, 2018 8:23 AM

R227, Bette Davis also singled out Sissy Spacek and surprisingly, Lindsay Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 236November 1, 2018 8:30 AM

R230, She was only 81 when she died and still sharp as a tack.

by Anonymousreply 237November 1, 2018 8:32 AM

^^^Macaine is meant to spell MacLaine above.

by Anonymousreply 238November 1, 2018 8:37 AM

Jesus, she was right.

He hadn't read her book, had ridiculous excerpts from Shirley's book and claimed she wrote stupid shit about herself. It was live. There was no time to say "Cut!" He's sitting their backtracking "oh but you wrote a great book!" Yeah, dumbass not the one you're trying to jab me with.

He's like one of this ditzy high school girls who thinks he's clever and gets flustered when people think he isn't.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 239November 1, 2018 8:40 AM

R239 exactly. And, yeah, I know interviewers frequently don’t read the books their subjects have written. But this looked more egregious and lightweight, even for Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 240November 1, 2018 8:56 AM

give cohen a break, she operatin on half a battery....her brain mighty tore up.

by Anonymousreply 241November 1, 2018 9:01 AM

Debra Winger is so deeply and importantly talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 1, 2018 9:31 AM

Fuck no, r241. She was the perfect guest for him. He's scum and has shat up the television landscape and has a hideous ego.

The only "break" he deserves is for someone to send him away for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 243November 1, 2018 10:34 AM

I think she must be a little mentally ill. She is just a bitch. Amanda Peet seemed incoherent.

by Anonymousreply 244November 1, 2018 11:20 AM

This thread prompted me to revisit the best Oscar moment ever. Watch as Debra openly laughs at her. Watch their weird, almost open lip kiss. Watch as Shirley seizes this moment and treats it like the audition of a lifetime. She had to hire a professional writer for this. It’s just to good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 1, 2018 11:51 AM

^^too

by Anonymousreply 246November 1, 2018 11:52 AM

Was Barry Diller her date to the Oscars that year???

by Anonymousreply 247November 1, 2018 12:52 PM

I wouldn’t watch that nasty cunt Cohen’s show if you held a gun to my head but I wanna see this one.

by Anonymousreply 248November 1, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote]Are there assholes here ACTUALLY DEFENDING that miserable wretch Andy Cohen? You do realize where you are, don’t you? He’s REPULSIVE and widely and deservedly hated here. He’s a breath away from a major #metoo takedown, if Ronan or anyone else could be bothered with his pathetic ass

R106, nasty cunt Andie knows about DL and that nasty cunt Andie is the only one defending nasty cunt Andie here.

by Anonymousreply 249November 1, 2018 1:08 PM

R247 yes. She didn’t even attend the year before for her OAAG nomination. She hated the film that much.

by Anonymousreply 250November 1, 2018 1:09 PM

Debbie Wings looks pretty good and gets around pretty well for being a paraplegic. Had forgotten all about that.

by Anonymousreply 251November 1, 2018 1:44 PM

I wonder which modifier would upset her more--"legendary" or "cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 252November 1, 2018 1:47 PM

Wow R245's clip! How times have changed. Nobody looked overly made up or over done, well except Liza. And this must have been shortly before Rock Hudson left us. Shirley looks like the Mother of the Bride, what a horrid outfit. Jane Alexander was a great actress too, what happened to her? Why is she not working??

by Anonymousreply 253November 1, 2018 3:09 PM

R230,dear Bette died when she was 81 I saw the Barbara Walters special they both appeared. Bette complimented Winger but it didn’t seem very sincere. I think Miss Davis was more of a Glenda Jackson fan.

by Anonymousreply 254November 1, 2018 4:30 PM

You can all eat me.

And my wings.

by Anonymousreply 255November 1, 2018 4:36 PM

"Turning!"

by Anonymousreply 256November 1, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote]The questions were all stupid -

The whole show is stupid.

But if you agree to go on it... then play along.

by Anonymousreply 257November 1, 2018 7:33 PM

R257 Oh shut the fuck up.

I might agree to go on you, too, but if you're dick is like a Tootsie Roll, I'm making fun of it and getting off.

by Anonymousreply 258November 1, 2018 8:11 PM

I liked her Richard Gere story and will always be a fan.

by Anonymousreply 259November 1, 2018 8:37 PM

Why is she even being interviewed? Her career ended decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 260November 1, 2018 8:44 PM

Then you're a tacky bitch like her.

by Anonymousreply 261November 1, 2018 8:44 PM

meant for R260

by Anonymousreply 262November 1, 2018 8:44 PM

no, meant for R259.

by Anonymousreply 263November 1, 2018 8:45 PM

[quote]Why is she even being interviewed? Her career ended decades ago.

She's on some Netflix show or something. Fangurl @ R259 probably knows.

by Anonymousreply 264November 1, 2018 8:46 PM

Looks like nasty cunt Andy’s on a coke bender and started posting.

by Anonymousreply 265November 1, 2018 8:48 PM

Debra Winger served as a soldier in the Israeli army before becoming an actress.

by Anonymousreply 266November 1, 2018 8:50 PM

Kim pre Kanye looks like a completely different person. I wonder if she misses being able to dress herself without Kanye’s input

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 1, 2018 8:56 PM

R267 oops, wrong thread 🏃

by Anonymousreply 268November 1, 2018 8:57 PM

[quote]Debra Winger served as a soldier in the Israeli army before becoming an actress.

No. She spent a few months at an Israeli Kibbutz as a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 1, 2018 9:12 PM

I started watchiing Patriot which is the Amazon show she is in. It's kind of a good dark comedy spy thriller. It doesn't always work but deserves points for trying. She is in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 270November 1, 2018 9:31 PM

R240 why didn't he have his assistant Daryn (?) read the book and then summarize it for him? Isn't that what assistants are for?

by Anonymousreply 271November 1, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote] It doesn't always work but deserves points for trying.

Gee! Now I'm DYING to see it!

by Anonymousreply 272November 1, 2018 9:49 PM

R245

Grade A for Liza’s Halston, and Rock’s BDF

C- Shirley’s copious shoulder pads and blush

D Meryl’s soccer mom hairdo

A+ Anjelica Huston looking better than the nominees

And A++ Debra Winger acting nervous, and humble.

by Anonymousreply 273November 1, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]R257 the whole show is stupid. But if you agree to go on it... then play along.

Debra Winger doesn’t play by YOUR, or anyone else’s, rules.

It’s those very instincts that make her a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 274November 1, 2018 10:31 PM

I always hated when she do her cutesy smirk move in every movie (for example in "Terms..." when Lithgow tells off the rude cashier). I think we try to give her more depth due to her crazy mean persona (she must be "artistic") but she wasn't that great ultimately. "The Ranch" certainly makes me want to take back any good will I ever gave her. It's dreck.

by Anonymousreply 275November 1, 2018 10:57 PM

"she" = "she'd", above

by Anonymousreply 276November 1, 2018 11:01 PM

She was pretty fucking good in Terms Of Endearment.

Everyone was good - apart from Patsy of course.

by Anonymousreply 277November 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Winger has never given less than a very very good performance (Wonder Girl aside)

by Anonymousreply 278November 1, 2018 11:26 PM

She’s basically faultless as a performer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 1, 2018 11:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280November 1, 2018 11:32 PM

I cant imagine my mother leaving me messages like this on Instagram

[quote]Happy Natal Day Babe... it is the hour of your birth+ 21 years ... LOVE is the key. Many Happy Returns - thanks for all you’ve taught and will teach me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2018 11:35 PM

"Debra Winger doesn’t play by YOUR, or anyone else’s, rules."

Then it's no wonder she's known as "difficult" and cuntish.

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2018 11:50 PM

I’ve never heard any other actors say a good word about her.

by Anonymousreply 283November 1, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote]R282 Then it's no wonder she's known as "difficult" and cuntish.

Why would she care what others say? She can deliver the goods...that’s her job.

She never needs to work again, anyway. And the people who matter will always offer her roles because they respect TALENT. If she likes them and it fits into her schedule, she’ll do them. Pay or No Pay.

by Anonymousreply 284November 1, 2018 11:59 PM

[paste]R283 I’ve never heard any other actors say a good word about her.

...except that she’s a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 285November 2, 2018 12:01 AM

Every workplace, company, etc., has at least one “legendary cunt”.

It’s not a good reputation to have.

by Anonymousreply 286November 2, 2018 12:04 AM

You guys act like she’s trying for the [italic]Miss Nebraska [/italic]title or something.

She’s already made it! She doesn’t need the simpering public’s goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 287November 2, 2018 12:10 AM

[quote]R286 Every workplace, company, etc., has at least one “legendary cunt”. It’s not a good reputation to have.

Debra Winger is not Janice in Accounting.

Do you think she’s afraid you won’t invite her out on Girls Night, or buy her a plant for National Secretaries Day?

by Anonymousreply 288November 2, 2018 12:13 AM

Is Deb still married to Arliss Howard? I worked with him about 8 years ago. What a piece of work!

by Anonymousreply 289November 2, 2018 12:17 AM

She’s fine when she’s with an INTELLIGENT host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290November 2, 2018 12:22 AM

She backed out of A League of Your Own after learning she would have to act alongside Madonna. Geena Davis got the role instead.

by Anonymousreply 291November 2, 2018 12:29 AM

Debra wasn't here for that embarrassment of a gay mans pre-school questions. Cunty or not, she wiped the floor with that cross-eyed bug.

by Anonymousreply 292November 2, 2018 12:29 AM

She was even polite to Elizabeth Hasselfuck, or whatever that fetid toad’s name is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293November 2, 2018 12:30 AM

@R291

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 2, 2018 12:34 AM

No one cares about this hag or her stinking pussy. Debra thinks she is so grand and clever, but still appeared on the show. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 295November 2, 2018 12:48 AM

Keep dreamin’.

If no one cares about Debra Winger, why does she keep getting interviews and acting jobs?

by Anonymousreply 296November 2, 2018 12:53 AM

Exactly, R291. And her snobbery cost her a role in a film that is still popular thirty years later.

by Anonymousreply 297November 2, 2018 12:53 AM

I’m sure she cries herself to sleep every night over not appearing in that flabby puff piece.

by Anonymousreply 298November 2, 2018 12:54 AM

I think one problem with many actors is they don't bother to watch some of the shows they're booked to be on, so they don't really know how to get into the spirit of things. If you're going to appear on Andy Cohen's or Graham Norton's shows, you need to be prepared for the frivolity of the proceedings. Jane Fonda and Martha Stewart were absolutely delightful guests with Andy Cohen.

R291, Debra had a terrible grudge against Madonna, although I don't know if it was before 'A League of Her Own' was cast. Debra and Timothy Hutton were friends with Madonna and Sean Penn until, in an interview, Madonna said that Debra was "wrong, wrong, wrong" for the part of Jane Bowles' character in 'The Sheltering Sky'. I still love that movie, though.

by Anonymousreply 299November 2, 2018 12:56 AM

All of you being cunty about Andy, as though she's better than him...there's another clip from the same show where she makes it clear how very much she LIKES HIM.

No, I won't search for it.

Or maybe it's in the clips already posted here.

by Anonymousreply 300November 2, 2018 1:22 AM

If that is how Winger showed him how she liked him, I'd be terrified to see how she acts toward someone she doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 301November 2, 2018 1:25 AM

She's as ugly on the outside as the inside now. Kudos to Andy who could have read her for filth.

by Anonymousreply 302November 2, 2018 1:33 AM

Good for Debra. It is impossible for her to ruin this show, it is the View for queens and hosted by that midget.

by Anonymousreply 303November 2, 2018 1:33 AM

R284/285 = Winger's desperate agent

by Anonymousreply 304November 2, 2018 1:36 AM

302 = Andy Pandy

by Anonymousreply 305November 2, 2018 1:40 AM

[quote]Debra had a terrible grudge against Madonna

Is there anyone on Earth she doesn’t have a problem with??

by Anonymousreply 306November 2, 2018 1:46 AM

[paste]R304 Winger's desperate agent...

Winger doesn’t actually NEED an agent to drum up work. People call HER.

She’s a legend. I mean, she had a whole documentary done on her with half of Hollywood’s actresses providing laudatory commentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 2, 2018 1:51 AM

Shirley is a major bitch ya know

funny that old nutbird winger stood up to her

by Anonymousreply 308November 2, 2018 2:03 AM

She had a lot of interesting, thoughtful things to say, but man she really went out of her way to be cunty to that poor fan who called in to compliment her and ask a question. And Andy cohen is a dingbat, but she booked her spot on the show. She really thought she was clever being so evasive!

by Anonymousreply 309November 2, 2018 2:11 AM

Debra Winger has never wedged herself into any of the stereotypes men like to see women as: the daffy babydoll, the slinky siren, the cold hearted frigid power mama. She is simply Debra Winger, who graduated at 15 and went on to study criminology before acting her guts out.

This makes a lot of men (even gay men, apparently) nervous.

by Anonymousreply 310November 2, 2018 2:13 AM

For the adults present:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311November 2, 2018 2:14 AM

"Winger doesn’t actually NEED an agent to drum up work. People call HER."

Oh shut UP. For someone supposedly so in demand she rarely works. And don't start screaming "she never has to work again! She only works when SHE wants to!" It's apparent that she doesn't get a lot of offers. And just because some stupid low budget movie has been made about her doesn't make her a "legend." Some idiots admire her for having the so-called guts to be unabashedly "difficult." But she is far from well liked. You sound like some kind of nutty fangurl. Winger has always had the reputation as a cunt, and deservedly so. And this latest interview is further confirmation of that.

by Anonymousreply 312November 2, 2018 2:28 AM

R312 has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 313November 2, 2018 2:48 AM

R312 sounds like an affronted Debbie Reynolds fan, aghast that women aren’t all sweetness and light anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314November 2, 2018 3:10 AM

Sad - Rock Hudson already had some facial wasting there.

It was probably very close to when full-blown AIDS kicked in — he was dead 18 months later.

by Anonymousreply 315November 2, 2018 4:57 AM

I heard her interviewed on a radio show, years ago, and she was incredibly rude. she'd called into the show (it was scheduled). He was clearly a fan and being deferential, and she was just rude and dismissive.I never liked her again after that. It was a local show, and she treated him like he was beneath her. She is a cunt, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 316November 2, 2018 5:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 2, 2018 5:35 AM

Who could blame her r291 ? Now Madonna truly is someone who appears not to have any redeemable qualities. Also in ALOOO I must say Madonna wasn’t horrible.

by Anonymousreply 318November 2, 2018 5:47 AM

[quote]R318 In ALOTO, I must say Madonna wasn’t horrible.

A ringing endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 319November 2, 2018 5:53 AM

Films Winger turned down:

The Accused, American Gigolo, Arthur, Basic Instinct, Blue Velvet, Broadcast News, Bull Durham, Dancer in The Dark, Ed Wood, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Fatal Attraction, Ghost, The Grifters, Indecent Proposal, A League of Their Own, Misery, Moonstruck, Music Box, The Object of My Affection, Peggy Sue Got Married, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Risky Business, Six Degrees of Separation, Sleeping with The Enemy, Sleepless in Seattle, Star 80, The Terminator

by Anonymousreply 320November 2, 2018 6:13 AM

R320, You left out "The Color Purple".

by Anonymousreply 321November 2, 2018 7:13 AM

The ones I wish she had done were BROADCAST NEWS and SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION.

The first because it was written with her in mind, and the second because it’s different from other things she’s done....it’s more poetic and high toned.

I’ve always been indifferent to Miss Stockyard Channing. That stage role in DEGREES was originally to be done by Blyth Danner, but she quit by mutual agreement after the first week of rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 322November 2, 2018 7:34 AM

bitch lost soo many gr8 roles due to her shitty personality....due to booze I guess.

IMAGINE BEIN MARRIED TO THAT....

by Anonymousreply 323November 2, 2018 10:20 AM

She told Andy that many of those films listed above weren't offered to her.

by Anonymousreply 324November 2, 2018 11:35 AM

She and Amanda Peet were the worst guests ever, talk about deplorables

by Anonymousreply 325November 2, 2018 11:40 AM

Interesting actress but by no means one of the greats. Insanely charismatic, dangerously intelligent and hopelessly rebellious. Unfortunately, she stopped receiving good work because her taken was not worth the trouble.

Unlike Lange, Streep and even Close, she never bared her soul in a part. Say what you will about, M, G and J, but those bitches know how to make a comeback and put on a show.

Much like Susan Sarandon, Debbie Wings is definitely more seductive than she is satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 326November 2, 2018 11:41 AM

*her talent was not worth the trouble

by Anonymousreply 327November 2, 2018 11:41 AM

You’d think she’d be sick of hashing the Shirley M. situation over and over and over. They weren’t buds. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 328November 2, 2018 11:52 AM

Yes , R326. Like the fatal blossom of the graceful gimson weed, she entices with her fragrance but can provide no suckle.

by Anonymousreply 329November 2, 2018 1:21 PM

R329 lol.

by Anonymousreply 330November 2, 2018 1:47 PM

They must have rewritten the role of Dottie in A league of their Own after Winger dropped out. Dottie is suppose to be so beautiful that they want to make her the focal point. Winger does not fit that bill, pretty then yes not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 331November 2, 2018 2:37 PM

She looks like Lorraine Bracco..

by Anonymousreply 332November 2, 2018 2:37 PM

She looks like she's done a shit-ton of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 333November 2, 2018 2:57 PM

Horrid person.

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2018 3:06 PM

she look like the old lady down the block who drinks so much gin she don't know whuts whut...

by Anonymousreply 335November 2, 2018 3:23 PM

Andy has to ask her those stupid questions, because there’s nothing else to ask her.

She’s been in like 3 movies her entire career.

And she’s known for being a bitch on-set and hating all her costars.

That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 336November 2, 2018 3:27 PM

I'm envious. None of my body parts are "legendary".

by Anonymousreply 337November 2, 2018 4:11 PM

Her book (and I use the term loosely, more of a pamphlet) was just awful.

by Anonymousreply 338November 2, 2018 6:51 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 339November 2, 2018 7:49 PM

R339, it has a legendary stench.

by Anonymousreply 340November 2, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]Unlike Lange, Streep and even Close, she never bared her soul in a part. Say what you will about, M, G and J, but those bitches know how to make a comeback and put on a show.

Quote of the week.

by Anonymousreply 341November 2, 2018 7:57 PM

R320 is full of shit. But she was said to have been seriously considered for "Fatal Attraction." I think she would have been perfect in it. A totally wacko woman...it wouldn't have required much acting for her to nail THAT role.

by Anonymousreply 342November 2, 2018 8:44 PM

Goodness me, how did this thread reach 342 replies and counting.

Who knew Debra Winger was so [italic]au courant[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2018 8:52 PM

For a moment there I mistook her for Sean Young. They’re both crazy, right?

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote]Who knew Debra Winger was so au courant!

More like “au cunt”.

by Anonymousreply 345November 2, 2018 8:57 PM

Many years ago there was a concert version of The Wizard of Oz with Jewel as Dorothy and Miss Debra Winger as the Wicked Witch of the West (insert 'type casting' joke here). At the time I thought it was very sweet of her to do something like that (it was for charity) and there was a shot of (I think by then) ex husband Tim Hutton and their young son in the audience cheering her on.

by Anonymousreply 346November 2, 2018 9:01 PM

You all are on drugs. She played along and didn't do anything rude.

by Anonymousreply 347November 2, 2018 9:18 PM

Team Debra!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 348November 2, 2018 9:19 PM

She should be a DL fave. What is wrong with you people ?

by Anonymousreply 349November 2, 2018 9:21 PM

[quote] Uggg, all this time I thought Sean Young and DW were the same actress. Bad gay, VERY BAD gay....

Omg, I'm not alone in this! I watched the whole interview thinking it was [italic]that[/italic] actress from Blade Runner. I kept thinking to myself: "She seems relatively sane and still looks ok, why didn't they use her in the sequel?". *Facepalm*

by Anonymousreply 350November 2, 2018 9:32 PM

Winer and Young could not have more different noses.

Sean is great as Twinkle in 'Hold Me, Thrill Me..."

by Anonymousreply 351November 2, 2018 9:47 PM

Winer...?

by Anonymousreply 352November 2, 2018 9:52 PM

[quote]Who knew Debra Winger was so au courant!

Gurl - the way she responded to that woman who called in has had MADE her au courant....forever.

Someone who knows how needs to make a gif of her looking at her imaginary watch.

She's bitch of the week!

by Anonymousreply 353November 3, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]You all are on drugs. She played along and didn't do anything rude.

Idiot of the week.

by Anonymousreply 354November 3, 2018 12:23 AM

Debra Winger is a rotten human being. She's a nasty cunt to everyone who's ever worked with her. Here's Linda Carter. Andy Cohen is a human fart, but that doesn't let Debra off the hook. She's totally unprofessional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355November 3, 2018 12:31 AM

Winger first said Carter was shallow. You expect to say nice things about Winger. Actually I like them both even though Carter is probably on the wrong side of politics.

by Anonymousreply 356November 3, 2018 2:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 3, 2018 2:57 AM

She's lucky WWHL gave her a little PR. At least she didn't resort to flashing her knee-length beef curtains.

by Anonymousreply 358November 3, 2018 5:53 AM

She looks really good for a 63 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 359November 3, 2018 6:03 AM

I have always loved this legendary cunt. She cuts bitches anywhere any time. Funny Shirley was a caregiver to another legendary cunt Miss Julia Roberts when Herbert Ross was abusing her daily on Steel Magnolias. Shirley became her protecter.

by Anonymousreply 360November 3, 2018 6:11 AM

How the hell was Ross abusing Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 361November 3, 2018 6:27 AM

He thought she was a shit actress at the time and would make her do takes up to a crazy amounts of times. Verbally abusing her and even Dolly Parton to the point that Roberts was sent home crying through the majority of the shoot. Miss Mcclaine comforted our Julia nightly.

by Anonymousreply 362November 3, 2018 6:31 AM

The diabetic seizure is said to have been done over and over to where Roberts was crying throughout

by Anonymousreply 363November 3, 2018 6:37 AM

What a bastard. It’s not like he was some great director or anything.

by Anonymousreply 364November 3, 2018 6:43 AM

I didn't watch the interview but I get sick of the hosts playing all the damn games instead of actually interviewing

by Anonymousreply 365November 3, 2018 8:15 AM

Walter Matthau and Maggie Smith didn't like Herbert Ross doing California Suite.

by Anonymousreply 366November 3, 2018 9:51 AM

I feel sorry for her

she must be a miserable cunt to be so grouchy.

by Anonymousreply 367November 3, 2018 9:56 AM

[quote] Winger first said Carter was shallow. You expect to say nice things about Winger. Actually I like them both even though Carter is probably on the wrong side of politics.

Lynda Carter is a confirmed Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 368November 3, 2018 10:38 AM

Debra Winger is a confirmed Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 369November 3, 2018 11:38 AM

her gaping hole drapes the chair when she sits her sloppy hole down...

by Anonymousreply 370November 3, 2018 11:45 AM

Having seen her in the interviews in this thread, she seems pathologically unable to let any positive moment, remark or flattery (even or especially to herself) lie, she always has to contradict or deflect it. Even in her 'nicer' interviews.

by Anonymousreply 371November 3, 2018 11:49 AM

Did Debi and Mandi do shotskis with Andi?

by Anonymousreply 372November 3, 2018 2:04 PM

No, they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 373November 3, 2018 3:48 PM

Every baby actressexual goes through a Debra Winger moment. For what little she ended up doing, she was great. She's also very pretty, ballsy and tomboyish, which we love.

However, her arrogance and self-destructive behavior (she was a self admitted drug addict) forever stood in the way of her reaching greatness.

Actresses like Meryl Streep, Jessica Lange and Glenn Close are considered iconic because of how fearless they were and are in tackling characters. Their courage in the face of possible embarrassment is awe-inspisring and the fact that they pull off most of their tight wire acts is what makes them great.

Winger could never get over herself to do that or leave much of a lasting impression.

by Anonymousreply 374November 3, 2018 4:26 PM

R374 It seems like you're saying that she had three years of success and then disappeared.. In fact, her debut as a leading lady in Urban Cowboy was in 1980 and since then, she was nominated for an Oscar three times, last time in 1994 for Shadowlands. So she had success as an acclaimed actress for 14 years. She did not know how to choose her roles after a certain time and had some box office failures, but in fact she had a lot more success as an actress than Jessica Lange, for example, whose films, with the exception of Tootsie, were ALL flops at the box office. She CHOSE to leave the profession in 1995 to live her life and came back in 2001, when she was 46 years old, a deadly age for actresses in Hollywood. In the 90s, she was chosen by Bernardo Bertolucci to star in The Sheltering Sky as Kit Moresby, a role coveted by the hottest actresses of the time. In fact, after 1984, she had huge success and co starred with names like Robert Redford, Billy Crystal, Steve Martin, Anthony Hopkins, Dennis Quaid, Tom Berenger and John Malkovich. After her biggest hit, Terms of Endearment, she turned down great roles for various reasons. There are people here rewriting history and portraying her as a failure, when the story is very different and much more complex. She put Andy Cohen in his rightful place and didn't like the question of an Alabama frau and demonstrated it, now people are behaving as if she killed somebody.

by Anonymousreply 375November 3, 2018 5:07 PM

^^^^^ hottest actresses AT the time

by Anonymousreply 376November 3, 2018 5:10 PM

Debra and Alec Baldwin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 3, 2018 5:20 PM

R375. Lange never chose films based on their financial potential. In fact, most of her films are dark and melancholic. When she did choose to do more mainstream films, she experienced success, too. King Kong, Tootsie, Cape Fear, Big Fish and The Vow were all box office hits, with one winning her an Oscar and another fully deserving of one for her (Cape Fear).

As for comparing Winger to either Lange, Streep or Close, you can't. They are our Vanessa Redgrave, Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.

Winger is one of those stars that always play very slight variations of themselves. Susan Sarandon, Sissy Spacek and Dianne Keaton do the same. They're fantastic at it and charismatic and charming and deeply poignant at times, but there's no deep, inherent risks.

Lange, Streep and Close have all done things on screen that I've had to watch through splayed fingers because of the potential secondhand embarrassment fact, and time and again they've shocked, wowed, seduced and sublimely satisfied me.

by Anonymousreply 378November 3, 2018 5:20 PM

*secondhand embarrassment factor

by Anonymousreply 379November 3, 2018 5:22 PM

Lange was a supporting actress in Cape Fear, The Vow, Big Fish. She didn't carry those films. Their success had nothing to do with her. And she's overrated.

by Anonymousreply 380November 3, 2018 5:24 PM

Lange is perfection and any snivelling idiot with an axe to grind against her is doing so out of envy - a cardinal sin! - because their sad little fave will never reach the eternal, infinite Triple Crown winning heights of Magisterial Lange.

by Anonymousreply 381November 3, 2018 5:28 PM

Meryl has worked continuously since the 1970s up until now when she is 69 years old. And she’s managed to do it by being professional on-set and civil with costars... not acting like an outrageous, arrogant, above-it-all bitch like Winger.

by Anonymousreply 382November 3, 2018 5:32 PM

R382 Meryl is an exception. There's nobody like her.

by Anonymousreply 383November 3, 2018 5:35 PM

Jessica Lange is always playing slight variations of herself. Even her Crawford sounded and acted like Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 384November 3, 2018 5:37 PM

R383 And one of Meryl's big faves is Lange.

Mama Lange be doing assclaps in front of Meryl while M slips tips in her thong, gleefully.

R384 This is such bullshit. Her 6 Oscar nominated/winning performances alone are a masterclass in acting, each so varied yet deeply felt, ranging from the bubble headed to the dangerously intelligent, all whilst mastering accents, wearing crazy garb and ripping your heart out.

Her Joan Crawford was an exquisite impressionistic portrait which actually serves as a wonderful companion piece to Dunaway's surreal yet powerful pop culture piece.

Lange totally got and nailed and slayed and resurrected Joan Crawford and better yet, Lucille LeSueur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 3, 2018 5:47 PM

[quote]R375 She put Andy Cohen in his rightful place and didn't like the question of an Alabama frau

She should have slapped their faces. VICIOUSLY!

by Anonymousreply 386November 3, 2018 5:50 PM

Meryl speaking truths and revealing the only actress she's ever felt inferior to.

At 4 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 3, 2018 5:50 PM

I always liked Winger. Now I like her even more. Andy Cohen sucks.

by Anonymousreply 388November 3, 2018 5:55 PM

R385 Please. Lange looked and sounded as much like Joan Crawford as Debra Winger would have.

by Anonymousreply 389November 3, 2018 6:00 PM

The proof is in that video of Crawford, R389.

Lange really did capture that.

by Anonymousreply 390November 3, 2018 6:20 PM

When the Lange Loon makes an appearence, it's the sign that the party is over.

by Anonymousreply 391November 3, 2018 6:28 PM

Gurl (can't remember who) - even Barbra Streisand is very personable and affable with her audiences on shows like Oprah.

In fact, most actresses and actors are - this Winger travesty is very unusual. I once saw Julia being sneery with the audience on Oprah, but not as bad as this.

by Anonymousreply 392November 3, 2018 6:49 PM

[quote](5728 views)

LOL

by Anonymousreply 393November 3, 2018 6:51 PM

"There are people here rewriting history and portraying her as a failure, when the story is very different and much more complex. She put Andy Cohen in his rightful place and didn't like the question of an Alabama frau and demonstrated it, now people are behaving as if she killed somebody."

You obviously never tire of kissing Debra Winger's wrinkled ass. She got a bad reputation for being a cunt (deservedly so) , which negatively affected her career. She was thought of as "crazy" by some people, and that's not far off the mark. In interviews she always comes across as having some kind of mental problem. Her fucked up behavior and drug addiction caused her career to decline, not her "choosing" not to work. And she didn't "put Andy Cohen in his rightful place", you dumb fuck. She just did what she normally does, that is, act like a cunt. You can defend her ass from here to kingdom come (to hear you tell it she was America's Sweetheart), but facts are facts. Debra Winger is a certified cunt. Always was, always will be.

by Anonymousreply 394November 3, 2018 7:22 PM

And yet R394 she has 3 academy award nominations and was considered by Pauline Kael as the best actress of her generation. And you? What have you got to brag for?

by Anonymousreply 395November 3, 2018 8:11 PM

"Smooch, smooch, smack, smack, slurp, slurp." That's the sound of R395 still kissing Debra Winger's ass.

by Anonymousreply 396November 3, 2018 8:13 PM

I don't care how many Oscar nominations the cunt has. She burned bridges and is lucky to get TV. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 397November 3, 2018 8:22 PM

R394 he wasn't talking about her acting capabilities. Grow the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 398November 3, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]In interviews she always comes across as having some kind of mental problem.

She likely suffered some brain damage from the car accident she was involved in at a young age.

Regardless of the cause, there is definitely something mentally wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 399November 3, 2018 8:39 PM

sorry, I meant R395

by Anonymousreply 400November 3, 2018 8:54 PM

Winger endlessly bitched about being asked about films from decades ago- I sort of understood her frustration....HOWEVER, Andy changed gears and asked a smart question from a viewer about what attracted her to her current film and she gave some ridiculous reason about it enabled her to wear garters!! WTF!

After that I was team Andy all the way.

by Anonymousreply 401November 3, 2018 8:57 PM

It wasn't really a car accident. She fell off a tram when she was working as a character at a theme park. You know damn well she and hers sued that park for a lot of bucks so no waitressing for her as a young starlet.

I used to find such talk rebellious and fun when she'd say she liked her behavior because "it keeps weak people away." Now, after years of dealing with various Wingers on various sets, I know that just means she's a nasty bully who likes to yell at the wardrobe people (and, later, her director if he'll let her. You notice she never worked with female directors either). Yep, very much a cunt. And sentenced to life on Netflix sitcom as a result. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 402November 3, 2018 9:02 PM

Legendary cunts, exchanging glances

Legendary cunts. What were the chances?

by Anonymousreply 403November 3, 2018 9:03 PM

Love u R403

by Anonymousreply 404November 3, 2018 9:06 PM

Maybe I'm missing something because the two clips I saw I didn't think she was being difficult at all.

by Anonymousreply 405November 3, 2018 9:09 PM

[quote]Love u [R403]

But does he love YOU?

by Anonymousreply 406November 3, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote]Maybe I'm missing something because the two clips I saw I didn't think she was being difficult at all.

You're missing a lot things, obviously.

400 hundred responses about he cuntiness and you can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 407November 3, 2018 11:00 PM

** HER cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 408November 3, 2018 11:01 PM

Her cuntiness is visible from space.

by Anonymousreply 409November 3, 2018 11:22 PM

I love a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 410November 3, 2018 11:23 PM

You forgot to sign, R410.

I'll do it for you.

by Anonymousreply 411November 3, 2018 11:25 PM

No. She couldn't do "Six Degrees of Separation" She's too hard- hearted. I know. It doesn't look right but how else would you spell it?

by Anonymousreply 412November 3, 2018 11:34 PM

I’d love to have seen Winger in Meryl’s roles in Marvin’s Room and Postcards from the Edge, although I guess the latter could never have happened with Shirley Maclaine playing her mother.

by Anonymousreply 413November 4, 2018 12:15 AM

She would be more authentic.

by Anonymousreply 414November 4, 2018 12:24 AM

The only reason you remember those roles is because Streep played them so memorably. Debra Winger was over by the 1990's. She always was kind of nasty and condescending, despite being an unlikable shrew and drug addict. Of course fans ask her about old movies because she is so awful and can't get good roles now.

by Anonymousreply 415November 4, 2018 12:30 AM

Streep gives one of her worst performances in Marvin's Room. That movie, at the height of Miramax mania, was supposed to get her that third Oscar, and instead she wasn't even nominated (but Diane Keaton was).

by Anonymousreply 416November 4, 2018 12:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417November 4, 2018 12:36 AM

And yet you are continually talking about her. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 418November 4, 2018 12:37 AM

Keaton blew Streep off the screen in Marvin’s Room.

by Anonymousreply 419November 4, 2018 12:43 AM

Winger is one of the very few actresses in Hollywood who REALLY knows her shit. There’s no point in debating her abilities; they are legend.

If she gives prickly interviews....who cares? That’s not what acting’s about. She’s always said she hated the competitive, phony side of the business.

She is incapable of being fake while being interviewed, just as she’s incapable of being fake while performing.

by Anonymousreply 420November 4, 2018 12:44 AM

Streep was nominated for the Golden Globe for Best Actress for “Marvin’s Room”.

by Anonymousreply 421November 4, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]She is incapable of being fake while being interviewed, just as she’s incapable of being fake while performing.

Being fake is what actors do for a living. Otherwise, you’re just playing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 422November 4, 2018 12:47 AM

Pia Zadora has a Golden Globe, r421.

Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie were nominated for Golden Globes for The Tourist.

by Anonymousreply 423November 4, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]R442 Being fake is what actors do for a living. Otherwise, you’re just playing yourself.

Yes, we’ll i’m sure Ms. Winger will appreciate your explain to her how her industry and craft work.

by Anonymousreply 424November 4, 2018 12:52 AM

Wow. She insults Andy Cohen on his show and makes fun of her only fan who calls in! What an ingrate.

by Anonymousreply 425November 4, 2018 12:58 AM

CALL YOUR SENATOR NOW!

by Anonymousreply 426November 4, 2018 1:00 AM

Let’s face it if Winger acted as sweet as pie people would be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 427November 4, 2018 1:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428November 4, 2018 1:01 AM

"There’s no point in debating her abilities; they are legend."

Actually, it's her cuntiness that is "legend." Her cuntiness is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 429November 4, 2018 1:09 AM

She had Timothy Hutton's cock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430November 4, 2018 1:23 AM

[quote]Yes, we’ll i’m sure Ms. Winger will appreciate your explain to her how her industry and craft work.

Maybe Ms. Winger would rather appreciate a boot up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 431November 4, 2018 1:28 AM

debra posted this on her instagram stories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432November 4, 2018 1:28 AM

The best publicity for Andy ever! And she was a total bitch. She must have more money than God.

by Anonymousreply 433November 4, 2018 1:35 AM

I would take just anyone’s side over Andy Cohen. Besides as I tried and tried to tell the ‘fan’ phone call was totally fake.

by Anonymousreply 434November 4, 2018 1:41 AM

Does she live in a barn? Why did she even go on the show if she can't have a conversation like a normal person. I thought she had improved but she seems worse with age. Her and Jessica - it's not a shock they barely work. Mess! Mess!

by Anonymousreply 435November 4, 2018 3:45 AM

I love a cunt and a mess.

by Anonymousreply 436November 4, 2018 4:24 AM

Her and Jessica

Oh, dear. What percentage of adult Americans are semi-literate?

by Anonymousreply 437November 4, 2018 4:36 AM

Well, we know Miss Andy’s illiterate. He couldn’t even read the guest’s biography before pretending to quote it.

by Anonymousreply 438November 4, 2018 4:42 AM

[quote]When the Lange Loon makes an appearence, it's the sign that the party is over.

I love how that drug addict is STILL posting the same Crawford interview as proof that his goddess is the best actress alive.

by Anonymousreply 439November 4, 2018 4:55 AM

R320

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440November 4, 2018 4:56 AM

She did famously turn down a league of their own, but she turned down millions of dollars of acting offers? Basic Instinct? HAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 441November 4, 2018 5:05 AM

Lange haters are such feeble, withered cunts.

They smell like failure.

by Anonymousreply 442November 4, 2018 5:09 AM

I agree. Lange is a great actress that made AHS watchable.

by Anonymousreply 443November 4, 2018 5:16 AM

She was great in Mask and I loved Jessica in Knots Lamding.

by Anonymousreply 444November 4, 2018 5:16 AM

She wasn't in Mask R444

by Anonymousreply 445November 4, 2018 5:23 AM

R445 It was a read, dear.

by Anonymousreply 446November 4, 2018 5:47 AM

[quote]R441 She did famously turn down a league of their own, but she turned down millions of dollars of acting offers? Basic Instinct? HAHAHA

Winger had done a previous Joe Eszterhas project in 1988 called BETRAYED.

BASIC INSTINCT was first offered to Greta Scacci, then about every other star in Hollywood, who all said No. That’s how a B-level actress like Sharon Stone ended up with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447November 4, 2018 5:57 AM

Deb Winger is grade A drama. I fucking love this crazy bitch

by Anonymousreply 448November 4, 2018 5:01 AM

R447 Eszterhas loved working with Winger. He praised her very much in his autobiography. So he invited her to star in Basic instinct.

by Anonymousreply 449November 4, 2018 5:10 AM

Debra Winger and Isabelle Adjani, both notorious crazy bitches, turned down offers to star in Fatal Attraction. Glenn had to beg for a screen test.

by Anonymousreply 450November 4, 2018 5:13 AM

It's so sad how we have to resort to justifying cantankerous bitches by trying to demean the greats.

by Anonymousreply 451November 4, 2018 5:16 AM

Wow I cannot see Winger in Basic Instinct at all. She must have been uncomfortable with the nudity, like the other actresses who passed on it.

by Anonymousreply 452November 4, 2018 5:31 AM

Lol at this thread having 450 replies!

by Anonymousreply 453November 4, 2018 5:56 AM

Debra was very nude in Sheltering Sky.

I don’t think Sharon was a B actress. Maybe an up and coming one. She got good reviews playing Cybill Shepherd in a bad Shelly Long/ Ryan O’Neal/ Drew Barrymore movie.

by Anonymousreply 454November 4, 2018 6:12 AM

That was something like a decade before BASIC INSTINCT. It was supposed to be her big break, but she ended up in stuff like POLICE ACADEMY 4.

She was in her 30s when BASIC INSTINCT came along, and still doing a lot of dreck. TOTAL RECALL was, granted, a step up. At least it had a big budget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455November 4, 2018 6:27 AM

sheltering sky won 3 razzies,

winger won 4 over her lifetime...

by Anonymousreply 456November 4, 2018 7:51 AM

The famous vag shot in Basic Instinct was Sharon’s own idea, so that can’t be why Winger turned it down. But I doubt the story that it was offered to “every other star in Hollywood, who all said No.“

by Anonymousreply 457November 4, 2018 8:18 AM

I don’t know about that. The director had already shown many private parts male and female in his movies. Besides didn’t Sharon give an interview that she had no idea the shot was going to be so graphic.

by Anonymousreply 458November 4, 2018 9:11 AM

hilarious how many people hate wingers guts....

she alwys struck me as a mean skag.

by Anonymousreply 459November 4, 2018 9:19 AM

Sometimes you think you know a celebrity and you love them. The same goes when some people hate them.

I have always liked her as an actress but what I remember most about her is the night of the Oscars when Terms was the big winner. When Shirley’s name was announced she was crying her eyes out eventhough just about everyone knew Shirley was a done deal. Also I could tell Debra didn’t like being called turbulent. Later she said she would have preferred if Shirley said ‘ thanks bitch ‘.

by Anonymousreply 460November 4, 2018 9:32 AM

[quote]Deb Winger is grade A drama. I fucking love this crazy bitch

The gays love nutty women.

They're often nutty women's only friends.

by Anonymousreply 461November 4, 2018 9:44 AM

She’s way beyond nutty... she’s psycho mixed with evil.

by Anonymousreply 462November 4, 2018 1:28 PM

I wonder how she’s liked on The Ranch set. She has to be better than that Masterson guy.

by Anonymousreply 463November 4, 2018 1:32 PM

I’m sure she hates everybody there.

by Anonymousreply 464November 4, 2018 1:33 PM

It would be funny if there was a [bold]meetoo#DebraWinger[/bold] movement.

Everyone who's ever met her coming out with their vile stories. Each one worse than the next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465November 4, 2018 1:49 PM

^^ not sure what happened there

by Anonymousreply 466November 4, 2018 1:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467November 4, 2018 1:51 PM

Perhaps suspension-bridge grade comparison, but she reminds me of Phil Jackson of legendary basketball coach fame. Bristly, talented, lauded, and completely oblivious or with complete disdain for the usual manners when interacting with people.

C'est tout. I have always loved Debra, and am a late adapter on Phil. Jane Fonda is another odd duck I will defend, though her chameleon colors depending on what man she is with is quite off putting. To be fair, she had enough trauma in her early life that I can certainly understand her zigs and zags.

There must be something in Debra's background that explains it. Did she give any real background to her early life in her book? I know she had a painful accident in her teens?, but prior to that must be something to explain her not only not caring what others think (which can be admirable), but to actively want to "keep away the weak ones" I think she said.

Now I want to watch The Ranch, which I had barely heard of, and never seen. Was this supposed to be publicity for the show? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 468November 4, 2018 1:53 PM

I think it has been renewed for season 4.

by Anonymousreply 469November 4, 2018 2:03 PM

R469 = Debra

by Anonymousreply 470November 4, 2018 2:54 PM

This thread has been all about Andy Cohen, Winger's bitchiness and other superior actresses (Streep, Lange, Close, et al.).

It has barely discussed her talent, which goes to show you how memorable she is, lol.

by Anonymousreply 471November 4, 2018 3:24 PM

R468 There is nothing admirable in being a complete bitch to a fan calling in to a late night talk show to compliment you and ask you a question. She’s 63 years old. If the nasty hag hasn’t gotten over whatever horrible thing you say happened to her in her childhood 45+ years ago then see a therapist. Don’t agree to appear on a talk show where you drink, play stupid games and take viewers calls. There is no excuse for bad behavior. Debra Winger is just a top flight bitch that destroyed her own career and missed out on many opportunities due to her piss poor attitude. There is a special place in hell for her. I don’t even like Andy Cohen but I can’t wait to see him roast the bitch in his next book.

by Anonymousreply 472November 4, 2018 3:31 PM

fyii, just found Andy's second diary book on clearance for $7 at B&N yesterday. Went ahead and grabbed it. Why not.

by Anonymousreply 473November 4, 2018 3:35 PM

The phone call was staged. The "fan" thing is a nicety to get he to talk. To get her to out Travolta in that shitty midnight show that nobody watches. She was having none of it. Andy Cohen is an imbecile. She was perfectly fine, possibly because the bar was set so low. However, in that bit with Stephen Colbert, who is an intelligent, considerate host, it is apparent she is suffering mentally from something - this doesn't take away from her talent but might her explain her very strange career for someone so charismatic and, again, insanely talented.

The only interview I like of her is the one with Letterman but I'm guessing it's because it's scripted from start to finish - she is a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 474November 4, 2018 3:50 PM

Cohen is a vapid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 475November 4, 2018 3:54 PM

I think it’s so strange some here are literally AGHAST that an actress isn’t all atwitter doing publicity, like Loretta Young or June Allyson in the 1950s.

If you like her, fine. If you don’t like her, fine. She’s not invested in whether you like her or not.

It’s called boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 476November 4, 2018 4:06 PM

The Alec Baldwin interview is cringeworthy, albeit with very interesting bits in it. He is being very patient. The thing is it seems she expects to be treated as if she had the achievements and the body of work that she doesn't, despite the undeniable talent, and intelligence. However she's not a very good listener, and that's gotta hurt when it's half the job. Perhaps if she had been European or had made movies in Israel she would have had a very different career. But I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 477November 4, 2018 4:13 PM

R477 I've been very critical of Winger in this thread, but I her interview with Baldwin is one of my favorite things. They're both Aries and you can tell they "get" each other. He really gets her and all of her high-maintenance "liberalism" and he tames her in a way that makes her come off still sharp and intelligent but very charming and charismatic, too.

by Anonymousreply 478November 4, 2018 4:15 PM

Actually, people do watch Andy's show. That's why the cunt agreed to appear.

by Anonymousreply 479November 4, 2018 4:26 PM

Andy needs to have Kenya Moore on. I want to hear about her new baby! Debra Winger is like another generations Winona Ryder but people still like Winona because she seems sweet and has class. Eye rolling Winger needs to act like an adult.

by Anonymousreply 480November 4, 2018 4:31 PM

They don’t fake viewer calls. She thought the question was beneath her. Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 481November 4, 2018 4:41 PM

R474 Stop making excuses for the bitch. Doing publicity is part of her JOB. If the “Actress” doesn’t want to appear on talk shows or take questions from fans that are beneath her then perhaps she shouldn’t be cashing checks from Amazon and Netflix. She’s starring along side Ashton Kutcher on “The Ranch” how selective could she possibly be? Stop making excuses for bad behavior. If she’s suffering from a mental issue then the person handling her PR should not allow her to do Live TV like WWHL. It works for Britney Spears. Stop making Andy Cohen out to be the bad guy. Debra Winger was a Class A bitch to him and he kept the show moving despite her. Andy is a horrible person but in this particular case the devil is Winger. No excuse. She’s a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 482November 4, 2018 4:56 PM

How many times has Miss Andy posted in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 483November 4, 2018 4:58 PM

Andy didn't need to post in this case. Debra is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 484November 4, 2018 4:59 PM

I agree with you R478, he plays off her beautifully but still the high-maintenance drives me nuts. What they talk about and what they say is very interesting, though. Two of my favourite American actors, somehow he managed it better - perhaps more chances were given to him because he's a guy.

by Anonymousreply 485November 4, 2018 5:04 PM

Andy Cohen is not even talented, so I don't see the point of talking about him or his low-class, vapid show.

by Anonymousreply 486November 4, 2018 5:06 PM

R485 I get what you mean.

Also, seeing that interview made me realize how perfect they would've been onscreen together. They have great chemistry even during that interview.

by Anonymousreply 487November 4, 2018 5:28 PM

After talking about how great her interview with Baldwin was, I rewatched the clip in OP and felt really bad for Winger. It wasn't all heirs. You could tell she was embarrassed by what she had reduced herself to and that she may also have been expressing a little regret over her past behaviors and slights.

It's really a shame she didn't do more. I mean, I'm sure she's quite happy and content, living a comfortable life but it would have been interesting to see her tackle more varied work.

Fame is so strange and utterly manufactured. Very few stars are stars because the general audience actually likes them. It's usually paid-for fame. Winger is actually very similar to Lange in that they can both get challenging when faced with superficiality and frivolity. Lange is much more alluring and as a result can mask her contempt more, though sometimes she lets it all hang and she's also a deeply melancholic person which comes through so you tend to understand her aloofness more. Lange is an Aries/Taurus cusp and Winger an Aries, so I think they probably share qualities from both signs.

by Anonymousreply 488November 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Interviews ranked:

Meryl's are the more intellectual and thought provoking while Lange's are the more alluring and whimsical.

Close is always a bit too eager though she can be refreshingly candid and fun and is always intelligent.

Those are the best.

Sarandon is definitely fun, Spacek is a little square and Keaton is a blast. Fonda is spicy and sexy and her interviews are everything we love about Jane in a soundbite. Sigourney is great too.

The rest fall off my fucking radar.

by Anonymousreply 489November 4, 2018 5:53 PM

R456 Debra Winger wasn't nominated for a single Razzie. Never. Neither The Sheltering Sky.

by Anonymousreply 490November 4, 2018 7:09 PM

I just watched the entire episode and honestly don’t see the big deal. She’s a smart ass to be sure but she was laughing through the entire thing.

Compare her to Stockard Channing on WWHL the week before. Ellie Kemper was the other guest that evening and Stockard clearly didn’t appreciate having another person there. She barely engaged with Ellie at all and turned her chair away every time Andy focused on Ellie.

by Anonymousreply 491November 4, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]R484 Debra is a cunt.

It’s called being uncompromising.

And DataLounge has turned it into an art form.

by Anonymousreply 492November 4, 2018 7:52 PM

The joke's on Winger as she'll never be back and Andy has years to shade this bitch with other guests.

by Anonymousreply 493November 4, 2018 8:09 PM

Plus, Andy gets material for his next book.

by Anonymousreply 494November 4, 2018 8:17 PM

Interesting IG post, R432. There is something to what Winger says about the inane questions she was asked in the “Taking the Fifth” segment. I never saw any issue with her responses to those questions, it was her nasty, dismissive response to the respectful caller that I thought reflected abominably on Winger.

by Anonymousreply 495November 4, 2018 8:32 PM

WTF? Familiarize yourself with a show before you apeear. Plead the Fifth is a staple.

by Anonymousreply 496November 4, 2018 8:45 PM

R495 The caller insisted on a question that she had already given signs that she did not felt like responding. She actually answered the question, after making clear her astonishment at people's insistence on asking about chemistry with partners from 30 years ago. She was clearly over it. She said that she had chemistry with Tracy Letts, her partner from The Lovers.

by Anonymousreply 497November 4, 2018 10:37 PM

[quote]after making clear her astonishment at people's insistence on asking about chemistry with partners from 30 years ago

if she was so "astonished" she shouldn't have been so sour about it - because clearly she'd never been asked these questions before.

Actors who have long careers are always being asked about projects from decades ago. They're usually gracious that people remember and love them. Not this gurl though. No, siree.

by Anonymousreply 498November 4, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote]The caller insisted on a question that she had already given signs that she did not felt like responding. She actually answered the question

In a huff and not addressing the woman at all, but Andy. SO RUDE!

[quote]after making clear her astonishment at people's insistence on asking about chemistry with partners from 30 years ago. She was clearly over it.

She was only in there a very short time. It wasn't so hard. Bitch needs to get over HERSELF. Show some GRATITUDE.

by Anonymousreply 499November 4, 2018 10:56 PM

and DIGNITY.

by Anonymousreply 500November 4, 2018 10:57 PM

I never knew that dlrs were so proper and dignified. I love a rude cunt and the awful Cohen had it coming. He's a nobody, a nasty nobody.

by Anonymousreply 501November 4, 2018 11:01 PM

She is a mess. This is the most attention she has received since the 1980's. Isn't she third banana on an unfunny Ashton Kutcher comedy? No wonder she was no longer offered A-list jobs. She is an incoherent brat.

by Anonymousreply 502November 4, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote]He's a nobody, a nasty nobody.

Not really - he's extremely successful and well known.

You may not LIKE him, but...

by Anonymousreply 503November 4, 2018 11:05 PM

The Ranch is an extremely mediocre sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 504November 4, 2018 11:08 PM

Stockard Channing just plain ICED poor Ellie. I don't think she looked at her once during the entire show. I thought that was rude....until I saw Winger.

by Anonymousreply 505November 4, 2018 11:22 PM

[quote]making clear her astonishment at people's insistence on asking about chemistry with partners from 30 years ago.

Well she hasn’t done anything interesting in the past 30 years, so what did she expect the questions to be about??

by Anonymousreply 506November 4, 2018 11:38 PM

People watch movies and TV shows to be entertained.

Nobody living in the real world wants to tune into this late-night show and have to tolerate this bitch’s attitude and anger and whatever other mental issues she suffers from. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 507November 4, 2018 11:40 PM

lmao. R507 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 508November 4, 2018 11:43 PM

Winger is smart so when Cohen said what he said about her book she knew he was an ass kisser. First he said she wrote about McClaine in her book, she didn't she wrote about Winger, then he says 'well you wrote this amazing book.." I wanted Winger to look at him and go "did you fucking read it?"

by Anonymousreply 509November 4, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]I wanted Winger to look at him and go "did you fucking read it?"

Nobody read her fucking book.

by Anonymousreply 510November 4, 2018 11:53 PM

How many decades since she made a decent movie? Or did the cunt turn them all down?

by Anonymousreply 511November 4, 2018 11:57 PM

That must be good for Stockard Channing when the word is

“You came off well compared to Winger”

by Anonymousreply 512November 5, 2018 12:12 AM

Apparently, her book's awful. Why am I not surprised?

by Anonymousreply 513November 5, 2018 12:54 AM

Insteresting article on WWHL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514November 5, 2018 4:43 AM

Debra Winger is actually a Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 515November 5, 2018 8:50 AM

Ah yes some of you are so desperate to make Winger so clever. How dare vapid Andy Cohen and his frau callers ask the actress such silly questions. Plead The Fifth? Never in my life should Ms. Winger be subjected to the torture and humiliation on live television. Bottom line she’s an uppity cunt and a fucking has been bitch. Like someone said above jokes on her Andy will be tearing her apart for years and skewering her in his next book. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 516November 5, 2018 2:19 PM

I'm surprised Andy Cohen reads books, let alone writes them. It's probably one of those books with the big letters.

by Anonymousreply 517November 5, 2018 2:42 PM

No one (aside from a poster here) is really up in arms about Debra Winger.

She’s one of the most respected actresses of her generation, was seen as quirky and a little puzzling....but she never caused a budget to skyrocket, or sank a picture by her behavior. In fact, she’s more of a mystery than anything else - people wonder why she walked away from Hollywood and what she was all about, underneath it all.

It seems to me the intelligent side of her became impatient with the film industry, just as she disdained Miss Cohen’s and the caller’s stupid line of questioning. She finds it demeaningly reductive to talk about making out with a fellow performer when she was in fact ACTING. (And, in truth, acting brilliantly.)

by Anonymousreply 518November 5, 2018 6:03 PM

R518, she’s not respected. She’s either forgotten or loathed for being a cunt to everyone on set. People have had to walk off haunting production because of her shit. She’s a nightmare. Think Faye Dunaway. She’s not a team player. It’s all about her.

by Anonymousreply 519November 5, 2018 6:11 PM

"She doesn't NEED me to like her." - Debra Winger on Kathleen Turner

"She kept having 50th birthday parties" - Debra Winger on Shirley Maclaine whom she trashed in the press if not her lousy book

"He is the DEVIL!" - weeping Winger pointing to James L. Brooks sheepishly lurking in the corner

"All she cared about was her hair." - Debra Winger on Lynda Carter

by Anonymousreply 520November 5, 2018 6:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 5, 2018 6:31 PM

[quote]R519 People have had to walk off haunting production because of her shit.

Um, like who?

by Anonymousreply 522November 5, 2018 6:33 PM

R520 Those are the worst quotes I have ever heard anyone say about anybody, ever! Actually on AC's radio show today or yesterday his friend was walking his dog and DW approached out of nowhere to get friendly with it. AC said she was an icon and it was kismet. He didn't have anything bad or awkward to say about her or the episode she was on.

by Anonymousreply 523November 5, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote]R523 Those are the worst quotes I have ever heard anyone say about anybody, ever!

I know!

Acknowledging Kathleen Turner doesn’t need your approval is REALLY crossing the line!!!

by Anonymousreply 524November 5, 2018 6:49 PM

[quote] Sean Young and Debra Winger are “essentially” the same person.

Except one has only a tiny talent and the other has tons of it.

But they're both crazy assholes, and they're both faded Eighties sensations. And they both were pretty once.

by Anonymousreply 525November 5, 2018 6:52 PM

While Debra Winger (like her or not) is obviously an intelligent person, Sean Young has, sadly, always seemed more like a clueless dingbat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Cohen would never trash anyone who might possibly be connected to someone else. He has only ever trashed Jillian Michaels and Jill Zarin. Winger agreed to play Plead the Fifth and for fucks sake, if you had the chance to ask her three questions on ANY subject and she could Plead the Fifth to only one would on of your questions be "who was the best kisser?" For fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 527November 5, 2018 10:14 PM

Am I supposed to believe Ms. Cohen didn't even suspect what was going to happen?

by Anonymousreply 528November 6, 2018 4:22 AM

Andy will milk this more than his last party bottom.

by Anonymousreply 529November 6, 2018 4:51 AM

Debra had a mini O over this thread. Her first in years.

by Anonymousreply 530November 7, 2018 12:49 AM

She’s an annoying, angry bitch.

by Anonymousreply 531November 7, 2018 9:43 PM

R450 John Carpenter also turned down directing Fatal Attraction

Sherry Lamsing, the head of Paramount at the time, BEGGED John to direct it

by Anonymousreply 532November 8, 2018 9:46 AM

Debbie WIngs so needs to get casted on American Horror Story! She'd be fabulous! I'd love some scenes with her and Jessie Langs!

by Anonymousreply 533November 8, 2018 6:04 PM

yes - she should cash in on this and get herself cast in some really evil part...Sybil's mother type thing.

by Anonymousreply 534November 8, 2018 6:52 PM

I love that she snarkily pissed off Miss Andi Cohen and most of DL. Way to go Debra!

by Anonymousreply 535November 8, 2018 6:59 PM

She didn't piss off DL.

You're not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 536November 8, 2018 7:03 PM

R536 What?? She made all the snarky queens in here behave like those fraus from Celebitchy! The pearl clutching was real. Great Debra, making waves and pissing off DL.

by Anonymousreply 537November 9, 2018 12:30 AM

Debbie WIngs - oh dear Jessie Langs - oh dear CASTED - oh dear

by Anonymousreply 538November 10, 2018 11:48 AM

One wonders why is she forgotten while other actors from her generation are still on the spotlight....

by Anonymousreply 539November 10, 2018 12:37 PM

I love that her drunk ass went on that show

her reputation is ruined forever..

by Anonymousreply 540November 10, 2018 12:38 PM

Gee that photo says it all: what a smug nasty old skunt.

by Anonymousreply 541November 10, 2018 1:16 PM

Loved her as an actress but the worst thing about Winger is that she is one of those who thinks she's the sensitive wronged one all the time. Such a nightmare breed of woman (and far from the only one).

by Anonymousreply 542November 11, 2018 4:28 PM

Unfortunately 539 she is also one of the more talented in her class and America is lagging behind when it comes to real acting talent. I say ignore her interviews, what counts is can she work with others? Be collaborative and cooperative? Maybe not so much eh?

by Anonymousreply 543November 11, 2018 4:48 PM

All great points r518.

We forget that for some actors acting is a real craft and they are not just up there posing in front of a camera saying words. From the standpoint of someone like Winger what questions can you ask that are not stupid? Asking about their process is not interesting to most viewers. It's all the fluffy questions they want to hear but those questions would be irritating to any actor that truly works at their art.

by Anonymousreply 544November 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Debbie Wings does not pull on my heartstrings.

by Anonymousreply 545November 11, 2018 11:31 PM

Debbie is such a cunt that this thread is gonna make it all the way to 600.

by Anonymousreply 546November 11, 2018 11:57 PM

Not everyone posting things so , dear.

by Anonymousreply 547November 12, 2018 12:11 AM

Debra was never all that. Now, she's a forgotten old hag- except for DL.

by Anonymousreply 548November 12, 2018 12:18 AM

Hardly forgotten , dear.

by Anonymousreply 549November 12, 2018 12:30 AM

R544 Debra’s delusions of grandeur aside she’s no more an Artiste than any of her contemporaries. That was the most annoying part of the interview for me actually - she could never rank how they kissed because she “was in her character” at the time - what a pretentious gasbag.

Like someone said know your audience. You don’t get into discussions of your “craft” on Andy’s show, and if you don’t like that, then don’t go on.

by Anonymousreply 550November 12, 2018 9:45 AM

Did the cunt think she was being interviewed by James Lipton?

by Anonymousreply 551November 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Has Debbie WIngs ever done a Broadway musical?

by Anonymousreply 552November 13, 2018 12:20 PM

Bitch can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 553November 13, 2018 3:50 PM

She'd sound like Marge Simpson doing the "Streetcar" musical.

by Anonymousreply 554November 13, 2018 4:20 PM

Yes r515 - Taurus the Cow

by Anonymousreply 555November 13, 2018 4:26 PM

I can see her as Vlema in Chicago

by Anonymousreply 556November 14, 2018 5:33 PM

She’s a horrendous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 557November 17, 2018 5:37 PM

In all seriousness, if she could sing, she'd be a great Mama Rose in Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 558November 17, 2018 6:25 PM

The only thing she did was even semi-"cunty" was roll her eyes at the caller.

if you queens think that is cunty, you would never have survived gay life in the 80s and 90s with true butch divas.

by Anonymousreply 559November 17, 2018 8:15 PM

I love Debbie WIngs! She deserves her own Bravo show! We should bow down to Debbie WIngs and love her like I do! Debbie WIngs forever!

by Anonymousreply 560November 21, 2018 3:06 PM

PBS showed Terms of Endearment last night and her performance stands up. Her death scene is one of the most realistic on film. Neither female lead character is likable yet the actresses make them so.

by Anonymousreply 561November 25, 2018 9:19 PM

She might have been a good actress... but her outrageous behavior and horrid personality prevented her from having a bigger career.

by Anonymousreply 562November 28, 2018 9:05 AM

I thought she had a bit of Ali MacGraw Movie Star Disease when she died at the end. Watch Mary Louise Parker in "Boys on the Side" for a more radical approach (and a lot of weight loss).

by Anonymousreply 563November 28, 2018 6:44 PM

She was a very talented actress at her best. I would pay to see a cunt off between La Winger, La Streisand, La Fonda and La Roberts each thinking they own their era. Have at it bitches.

by Anonymousreply 564December 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Put Debra Winger and Faye Dunaway in a movie asap!

by Anonymousreply 565July 30, 2019 2:33 AM

I used to wait on her in the late 80s, early 90s. Sure, that was a long time ago but she was a bigger star then, and a hugely unpleasant person. You could see her using every bit of her strength to seem human and barely civil. She's uncomfortable to be around. People like this don't mellow with age.

by Anonymousreply 566July 30, 2019 3:18 AM

DIFFICULT!

by Anonymousreply 567July 30, 2019 3:23 AM

Debra Winger is a prick. No need of it. Just be a little nicer. It's necessary or funny to be mean to a fan who called to compliment. And then she hardly answers the question and then moves onto a movie about which no one asked.

by Anonymousreply 568July 30, 2019 8:08 AM

It's necessary = It's NOT necessary.

by Anonymousreply 569July 30, 2019 8:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!