Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Megyn Kelly replaced with lush G.W. Bush spawn Jenna Bush-Hager

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2019 8:19 PM

"We MUST have a conservative in that timeslot!" screams NBC News.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2018 3:58 PM

This is yet another disastrous decision made by a major American television network in a year full of such decisions.

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2018 3:58 PM

Here she is drunk from a simpler time, during the Iraq war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2018 3:59 PM

They turned to her because the li'l bitch works for cheap.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2018 4:00 PM

Here she is drunk during a rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2018 4:00 PM

So the slot must be filled with a white, blonde, female Republican?

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2018 4:01 PM

Here she's drunk during some other event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2018 4:01 PM

She’s actually very personable and probably voted for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2018 4:01 PM

She claims to be "nonpartisan" which is code for "Republican but embarrassed by my parents" or "Libertarian" which means she wants no government regulation and a free for all drunk orgy. She didn't vote for Hillary.

[quote]But not during the rest of a recent lunch near their homes in downtown Manhattan. It was Barbara who told me with little hesitation that she’d voted for Hillary Clinton and Jenna who demurred. Jenna’s answers were often the thoughtful mini-essays while Barbara naughtily thrust her smartphone at me to display the text messages that their father, the second President Bush, routinely sends them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2018 4:03 PM

Here she is drunk after being born

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2018 4:04 PM

R8, I don’t mind her at all, and she seems nice, but I just don’t understand how NBC decided to go with her?

Why not bring back Tamron Hall who left the network because of Kelly, or another more qualified anchor?

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2018 4:05 PM

Here she is drunk and trying to scissor her sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2018 4:07 PM

Here's an article from when she left her UT school ID card on her coke dealer's mirror in a club

---

No Happy Ending For Jenna Bush Jenna Bush’s infamous ID-gate videotape is raising more questions than the Zapruder film. According to a source who has seen the footage—which features a self-described downtown coke dealer relating his late-night run-in with the First Daughter, and brandishing her college ID as a souvenir—the man insinuates that the two shared more than just drinks.

A well-informed source, who has a DVD copy of the interview shot by tbirdshow.com’s Travis Poston, says that at one point the dealer claims that the young, blonde Jenna Bush with the Texas accent he hung out with that night (and who happened to leave behind Jenna Bush’s belongings) had been “helping [him] clean up” the bar after a long night of partying.

(A publicist for First Lady Laura Bush has unequivocally denied that her daughter has ever been to the Chinatown bar, Happy Ending, even though we hear the UT-Austin ID card displayed in the film clearly shows the hard-partying political liability’s name, picture and student ID number.)

According to the New York Post’s Page Six, the Secret Service are reportedly taking the tape seriously enough to investigate, and we hear they’re not the only ones. When Fresh Intelligence emailed tbirdshow.com about securing selected clips to host on this site, we received the following curt response: “There are about ten top papers fighting for that footage. Get in line.”

Needless to say, “if a coke dealer has your ID it doesn’t look so good,” quipped the source.

Apparently, the affable salesman doesn’t limit his company to presidential offspring. “He brags on camera that he’s down with all the members of Interpol,” our source says. “And everybody in the club that walks by in the video says ‘hi’ to him.”

Reps for Bush and Interpol could not be reached by press time.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2018 4:09 PM

R10 lol

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2018 4:14 PM

If air read it right she just refused to say who she’d voted for. She drank in college but she’s an upstanding frau now. She’s the most appealing of the Presidential daughter in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2018 4:14 PM

We've all done coke and alcohol in our youth. Get over it. Her twin voted for Hillary. I wouldn't doubt Jenna did as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2018 4:24 PM

Her speech impediment is too distracting. Pure nepotism. NBC is still hoping to get Conservatives to watch so they feature a Bush Dynasty member in a high profile position. It proves that to be successful on these "News Programs" like GMA and the Today Show all you need is the ability to read words written for you off of index cards and teleprompters.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2018 4:28 PM

Here she is drunk because.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2018 4:30 PM

I doubt any of the Bushes votes for Trump after the way he attacked Jeb, and W.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2018 4:34 PM

And, here she is, visiting the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2018 4:36 PM

Just don't make me pronounce "Nucular".

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2018 4:37 PM

Her father and grandfather are mass murderers, the latter of whom's actions destabilized the Middle East for generations, but instead of spending her time visiting them in Gitmo, this dim but seemingly pleasant Frau gets rewarded with a well-compensated timeslot on national TV.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2018 4:40 PM

R22 thank you

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2018 4:42 PM

R22 Obama was no better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2018 4:45 PM

I personally prefer her sister.

And who cares if they were drunk when they were young? We all did stupid shit when we were young, we just didn’t have photographers following us around constantly.

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2018 4:45 PM

Is this a permanent gig for her or is this temporary until they can find a replacement? She's fine in small doses but I wouldn't watch an hour of her. Besides, W&G is on COZI TV from 9 - 10 AM ET.

by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2018 4:59 PM

Jenna was in Kappa Alpha Theta, one of the mean-girl/rich-bitch sororities at UT, along with Pi Beta Phi and Kappa Kappa Gamma. "PKT" have always been infamous for trolling and humiliating the girls they don't want during rush. Water under the bridge, yes, but enough to make me side-eye her adult "Gosh, I'm so nice!" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2018 5:00 PM

By no means am I saying that the Democrats aren't equally as much the war party, although Obama did push back on the Israel Lobby a bit.

But the Smirking Chimp allowing Cheney to lie us into starting a disastrous (in global terms) war (well, two if you count the never-ending war in Afghanistan/Pakistan, which took the US, AKA the Land of the Free, to a whole new level of Doublespeak.

I love the good things about the US, but let's get real; if Saddam had, by some miracle, managed to defeat the US, Bush père et fils would be rotting in a prison somewhere awaiting execution, if not six feet under already in a hidden grave. And Jenna and her annoying spawn would be in hiding.

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2018 5:03 PM

I don’t dislike Jenna, but I don’t really enjoy her in this role, because she’s a mommy blog come to life. Rather than that junk being contained to just a segment, now it will be expanded. Zzzzzz Then there is her Xanax & gin slur, I mean speash impediment, which can be distracting. at the least

I remember an interview with Barbara & her mother Laura on Larry King back in like 2008. Barbara was pretty clear she was leaning left. Not that it matters...

As far as Jenna goes, she was smart to have “demurred.” She has had her eye on keeping her little NBC job doing segments and filling in for KLG and probably hoped to have it expand. So, why alienate one side or the other by saying definitively in The Times who she voted for?

by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2018 5:04 PM

I believe Cheney was the real war criminal. George W was just too stupid and intellectually challenged... he delegated all of the policy decisions to Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]"We MUST have a conservative in that timeslot!" screams NBC News.

The conservative part isn't as offensive as the nepotism part. Same with Chelsea Clinton and Russert's douchebro, doughy kid. I even recall them pathetically trying to get Pippa Middleton.

Andrew Hack is such a shit, as is every other executive who engages in this type of hiring. I mean Christ, heaven forbid you hire people who actually get an education and work hard to become a journalist. Nah, just have your connected dad bust a nut in your mom and your CV is done.

by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2018 5:05 PM

She's really terrible on air.

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2018 5:10 PM

She's better in water.

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2018 5:27 PM

Tamron Hall isn't available. She's been signed to do a new syndicated talk show that's in pre-production.

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2018 5:32 PM

Why was MK fired? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2018 5:40 PM

She’s been fairly open about who she voted for. She voted for Obama and she voted for Hillary. She admitted this at the time of those elections, not recently.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2018 5:55 PM

They need to get someone who is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2018 6:00 PM

r29 so you're saying she's a manipulative sociopath who uses people to get what she wants?

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2018 6:02 PM

r36 link or it didn't happen. She wouldn't admit to voting for Hillary. And she wouldn't admit to voting for Trump after he bashed Jeb, regardless of whether she did or not.

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2018 6:03 PM

I detest all Bush

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2018 6:06 PM

r36. I’ll give you this. Her father in law was Lt Gov of Virginia. He was a Republican

by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2018 6:06 PM

R40 = Barely-legal fiend!

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2018 6:16 PM

Just be thankful they didn't get Tiffany Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2018 6:26 PM

White privileged cunt replaces White privileged cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2018 6:34 PM

I don't for a minute believe she will be the permanent replacement, at least not by herself. She might be part of a team but I really doubt that too.

by Anonymousreply 45October 29, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote]Just be thankful they didn't get Tiffany Trump

We're working on it!

by Anonymousreply 46October 29, 2018 6:37 PM

Another entitled white spawn of power who gets handed everything with no effort and no talent. NBC can go fuck themselves. I hope their ratings continue to go down the shitter. The minority woman who used to have that time slot was talented and worked her ass off to get ahead but that just doesn't fit with NBC's Trump-loving white supremacy image does it?

by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2018 6:46 PM

Her parents and grandparents are closer to the old school Republicans. Her parents have become totally involved with not for profit work, mostly in Africa. They’ve divorced themselves from politics but their complete disgust with Trump is a poorly kept secret.

They daughters were a bit wild at one point, but they’re Texans. They have zero tolerance for the bigotry espoused in the so-called Republicans of today.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2018 7:27 PM

Her parents and grandparents are closer to the old school Satanists, Bilderbergs, the Kennedy assassinations and Nazis.

Fixed that for ya!

by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2018 7:32 PM

[quote]I don’t dislike Jenna, but I don’t really enjoy her in this role, because she’s a mommy blog come to life.

This reminds me of her other gig as "editor at large" for [italic]Southern Living.[/italic] I'd love to know what her writing looks like before the real editors get ahold of it.

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2018 7:32 PM

Didn't George say he and Laura didn't cast a vote in the last presidential election? My mom worked with a lady whose daughter was on the same dorm floor as Jenna at UT. Almost every morning there were empty beer cans and bottles left outside her dorm room for someone else to deal with it and there was gossip of an abortion. She apparently was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2018 7:34 PM

According to TMZ, Al Roker has been permanently re-assigned to the 9 AM hour. His co-host or hosts haven't been decided, despite Jenna filling in today. Hoda is unlikely to do it because she already hosts three of the show's four hours.

Meanwhile, Megan is demanding $50 million to go away.

Again, it's TMZ, so take it with a grain of salt, but when comes to entertainment news, Harvey has a lot of sources and spies and TMZ is often correct.

by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2018 8:03 PM

Jenna Bush Hager will be spearheading the new initiative for the Today show, "morning Mimosas!"

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Give Matt Lauer the hour.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2018 10:44 PM

R10 Yeah, I would have sucked his dick.

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2018 10:49 PM

Move no-nonsense lez Stephanie Gosk up into the rotation.

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2018 10:50 PM

God, talk about somebody who's never had to work hard a day in her life.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2018 10:51 PM

Of course she's drunk. It's an unwritten rule that the last hour of Today be hosted by drunks.

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2018 10:53 PM

R48, that's not the point. The issue is more that these spawns literally get handed EVERYTHING based on their family name, not on hard work or even going to journalism school - and that includes Chelsea. How in the hell is a kid coming out of journalism school supposed to catch a break when these people are given the jobs because of their surnames?

NBC really is one of the worst when it comes to this.

by Anonymousreply 59October 29, 2018 11:04 PM

This has been in the works for a while. I have a friend at NBC in NYC, and it's been circling for a few months now. NBC wanted Meghan out and the blackface comments gave them the opportunity to kick her to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 60October 29, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote]and the blackface comments gave them the opportunity to kick her to the curb.

Because her years at FOX weren't enough evidence of what a repulsive swine she was prior to her joining NBC. Every exec at NBC needs their head on the chopping block. It's amazing how all of these assholes get to fail upward, like Jeff Zucker.

by Anonymousreply 61October 29, 2018 11:12 PM

Does Jenna have lipstick on her teeth in the OP photo?

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2018 11:13 PM

[quote] NBC wanted Meghan out

"Meghan" is on "The View." They wanted MEGYN out.

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, Megyn is demanding $50 million to go away.

PAY IT!

by Anonymousreply 64October 29, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]Her parents have become totally involved with not for profit work, mostly in Africa. They’ve divorced themselves from politics

It seems really inaccurate to say that. W is raising funds for Republicans of all stripes, from "moderates" to teaparty creatures, including that McSally mess in Arizona. He was right there pushing for Kavanaugh to be nominated. Librarian Laura came out against the border kidnapping policy, along with all the other ex-First Ladies. They seem pretty engaged in the public sphere.

by Anonymousreply 65October 29, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote]How in the hell is a kid coming out of journalism school supposed to catch a break when these people are given the jobs because of their surnames?

NBC is only interested in ratings. They don’t care about journalistic integrity.

If a nepotism hire can get more people to tune in than someone with a journalism degree... then NBC considers it a success.

by Anonymousreply 66October 29, 2018 11:29 PM

Celebrities become politicians, adjacent politicians become celebrities. We're so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 67October 29, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]Her parents have become totally involved with not for profit work, mostly in Africa. They’ve divorced themselves from politics

They can "divorce" themselves all they like, but there's a million dead body count in a country that never did a fucking thing to this country and has led to the fucked up situation we see now that will never be erased. Dubya's legacy is written no matter how many hard candies he passes to Michelle or how "adorable" their friendship is.

by Anonymousreply 68October 29, 2018 11:58 PM

More evidence to NOT pay...Kelly was ranked America's LEAST liked TV news personality...WEEKS before the blackface issue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2018 1:31 PM

Networks don’t care about ratings anymore, they care about profits.

You can now make higher profits with lower ratings. It sounds counterintuitive, but with advances in consumer data, advertisers will pay big bucks to target specific viewers.

So that’s why CNN is in third place and doesn’t care. They can make more money than other networks. Which makes the board fat and happy. Which explains why CNN sucks yet Zucker is still there. As long as Zucko brings home the bacon, the ratings are inconsequential.

Not a media person but this is my layman observations.

Unless the corporate overlords simply commanded the CNN footprint to shrink because the people were getting to uppity with their 24-7 buzzkilling of the elites... aka journalism.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2018 1:44 PM

[quote] Her parents have become totally involved with not for profit work, mostly in Africa. They’ve divorced themselves from politics

They haven't divorced themselves enough not to push the alkie Brett for a SSCOTUS nomination.

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2018 4:44 PM

^^ SCOTUS

by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2018 4:44 PM

R60, that might explain why Craig Melvin made the decision to leave the Saturday Today show.

by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2018 4:52 PM

Craig Melvin is an underrated hottie.

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2019 3:17 PM

The Bush twins are Democrats. So is Pickles, their Ma.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2019 3:19 PM

While we're on the subject of the horrors of war, and humanity's most poisonous and least charitable attributes, let me not forget to mention Barbara Bush (that would be former First Lady and presidential mother as opposed to W's liquor-swilling, Girl Gone Wild, human ashtray of a daughter. I'm sorry, that's not fair. I've no idea if she smokes.) When the administration censored images of the flag-draped coffins of the young men and women being killed in Iraq - purportedly to respect "the privacy of the families" and not to minimize and cover up the true nature and consequences of the war - the family matriarch expressed her support for what was ultimately her son's decision by saying on Good Morning America on March 18, 2003, "Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? I mean it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Mrs. Bush is not getting any younger. When she eventually ceases to walk among us we will undoubtedly see photographs of her flag-draped coffin. Whatever obituaries that run will admiringly mention those wizened, dynastic loins of hers and praise her staunch refusal to color her hair or glamorize her image. But will they remember this particular statement of hers, this "Let them eat cake" for the twenty-first century? Unlikely, since it received far too little play and definitely insufficient outrage when she said it. So let us promise herewith to never forget her callous disregard for other parents' children while her own son was sending them to make the ultimate sacrifice, while asking of the rest of us little more than to promise to go shopping. Commit the quote to memory and say it whenever her name comes up. Remind others how she lacked even the bare minimum of human integrity, the most basic requirement of decency that says if you support a war, you should be willing, if not to join those nineteen-year-olds yourself, then at least, at the very least, to acknowledge that said war was actually going on. Stupid fucking cow.”

― David Rakoff, Don't Get Too Comfortable: The Indignities of Coach Class, The Torments of Low Thread Count, The Never-Ending Quest for Artisanal Olive Oil, and Other First World Problems tags: humor, politics

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2019 3:23 PM

When is Hoda going to lock it down with her boyfriend? What is the holdup?

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2019 3:34 PM

ALL HAIL OUR FASCIST OVERLORDS!! ARYAN CONSERVATIVES 4EVER!!

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2019 3:36 PM

Jenna Bush-Hag is fine. She was transparently brought onto the Today Show by NBC years ago to ensure access to the former president. I hated her at first.

But she has made hundreds of reports/appearances since and has acquitted herself. She's a smooth conversationalist who can talk about frau/family issues in a non-alienating way, and it's pretty clear that she, like her mother, is a closet progressive. And she pokes fun at her own airheaded moments, which high-and-mighty Kathie Lee would never deign to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2019 8:01 PM

It doesn't matter if you're a "closet progressive' if you pull the lever for Trump.

Why does she have to keep any progressive beliefs in the closet? What about her beliefs is so shameful to her? If she believes something, shouldn't she use her platform to advocate for them like a normal human being would do?

One last thing: Fuck Jenna fucking Bush and fuck NBC for shoving her at us

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2019 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!