Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Official Voting Snafu Thread

A thread devoted to stories about voting machine "malfunctions" and other voting-related sketchiness, which somehow always seems to favor the GOP.

For starters, in Texas, votes for Beto are mysteriously being changed to Cruz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2018 3:12 PM

Democratic nominee for Secretary of State left off the ballot in Arkansas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2018 3:24 PM

4,700+ applications to vote by mail missing in Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2018 3:26 PM

This is all some third world bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2018 3:37 PM

People in Georgia are complaining that some older voting machines are not registering the votes for Abrams

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2018 4:00 PM

I don't even want to hear the outrage now. I've been saying to you all for months that it doesn't fucking matter how many people vote when we have no election integrity. And then I get called a troll and they bray on and on: "JUST VOTE STOP BEING SO LAZY GET OUT THE VOTE EVERYBODY VOTE LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU STOP TRYING TO KILL THE MOOD WE WILL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THE LAST 20 YEARS OF OVERT ELECTION FRAUD!!!". Fucking idiots and assholes.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2018 4:06 PM

I agree with r5

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2018 4:15 PM

But, but, but, I worked so hard canvassing

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2018 4:16 PM

I think there is more outrage now because it's so blatant. I mean, you have Kemp openly proud of the fact that he is stealing and rigging the election in Georgia. The Supreme Court has been gutting voting rights since 2013, and gave them another blow earlier this year. I don't see it get any better anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2018 4:29 PM

r8 are you familiar with Bev Harris? It is not 'more blatant' now; you're just finally paying attention now.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2018 4:40 PM

Republicans are all crooked and gullible...that is exactly why Trump decided to represent the Republican party. He might not be as dumb as he seems.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2018 4:44 PM

r10, but you just might be as dumb as you seem. What do you think that 'Captain Obvious' statement contributes to this conversation?

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2018 4:46 PM

Tennessee judge blocks Republican attempts to prevent (black) voters from voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2018 5:25 PM

Thanks for making the thread, OP. I posted this in another thread that in NC, people are finding their Dem votes switched to GOP. This twitter thread discusses it a bit more and steps you can take to avoid incorrectly voting for a GOP bastard.

I get people don't want to hear more bad news, but if your state gives paper receipts, please verify. Unfortunately they do not in Georgia so I don't know the answer, but be very careful and attentive when casting your ballots! Before you cast your ballot, double check to make sure your vote has not been switched, if it has please alert someone immediately that the machine is not allowing you to vote correctly.

It sucks, but better to be informed than to be like some who aren't bothering to check their paper receipts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2018 6:10 PM

I think this will only make more young people vote.

“Oooo I want to see if my vote changes”

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2018 7:30 PM

Use stories like these to be proactive and vigilant when you head to the polls. Can't be an idiot and act like not voting would be better, that is a lie. Maybe you are a troll that thinks by being negative, it will make some DLers stay home for these elections, but you would be wasting your time since I don't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2018 7:39 PM

Dodge City, After Moving Sole Polling Place, Sends Voters Official Notice With Incorrect Location

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2018 7:48 PM

...wow, do you even have a first language?

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2018 9:55 PM

I just heard the ACLU is now suing over the lack of a polling place in Dodge City, Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2018 10:26 PM

Any more?

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2018 12:42 AM

I asked in the Trick or Treason thread if it is legal to take a picture of your ballot to document it, and someone posted this incredibly helpful link. It is not legal to take a picture everywhere FYI, it varies by state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2018 4:55 AM

The only "snafu" is Americans and their insane penchant for scapegoating.

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2018 5:00 AM

We really do get the dumbest trolls here, don't we? They're not even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2018 3:00 PM

It has been really bad the past two days, r22. The revelation of the MAGAbomber has them spinning. Muriel needs to put her weekend plans on hold and do a little exterminating.

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2018 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!