Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Election Endorsements/Voter Guides

Lets use this thread to post voter guides, questionnaire answers and election endorsements in the final weeks of the campaign. Below is the guide form the Windy City Times, the last gay newspaper in IL. If they update it in the coming weeks, I'll try to post the updated versions. Hopefully they do update the rankings for non-Cook County judges.

Down ballot races are just as important, and this can help a lot of people out with the long ballots we have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2018 2:50 AM

If you’re in Nevada, I’ve met Chris Brooks, who’s running for Assemblyman. He is a nice, humble, pleasant person. He was so unassuming that at first I didn’t know who he was. He appears to be a hard worker too. He’s not in my district but I would gladly vote for him if he were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2018 12:27 AM

Louisiana: Vote YES on Amendment 2 and get rid of a leftover Jim Crow law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2018 12:32 AM

A document indicating support for all the candidates of one party across the board is not really a "guide", is it? Seems like it could be simplified into a single sentence instead of listing all the offices.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2018 12:56 AM

For those in the Seattle area:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2018 1:09 AM

For Californians, I highly recommend this site. They don't do endorsements, but for all of the propositions they indicate who has endorsed each side. It's very easy to use -- input your address and they'll give you all of the races that are on your ballot. And it lets you save and print out a guide you can use when you go vote (if you vote in person.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2018 1:18 AM

I use the Progressive Voters Guide. I'm in Washington state, but I'll bet that there are similar guides all over the country. They lay out the positions that the opponents have on any number of issues and then say why so and so is the better candidate for a Progressive. (I took that little quiz elsewhere, and I fit strongly in the Progressive Activist category). The guide also explains why it supports various propositions that are also on the ballot. I like it because it actually does more than just say vote for so and so - it gives the explanation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2018 1:33 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2018 2:26 AM

Any new endorsement and/or voter guides?

by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2018 11:55 PM

Where are you located, R8?

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2018 1:20 AM

Illinois. I started the thread. Was just trying to make this a one stop shop across the country. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2018 1:28 AM

I love it, it’s like a mall for voters

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2018 1:34 AM

I am too, R10 but I live in Cook County. I followed VoteforJudges.com's recommendations. It includes recommendations from all 11 Cook-Chicago bar associations, including the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association, Cook County Bar Association, Black Women Lawyer’s Association of Greater Chicago, and the Illinois State Bar Association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2018 2:47 AM

I also obviously voted for Pritzker for Gov, Raoul for AG and straight Dem ticket down the ballot. Rauner needs to go. The Attorney General race is reportedly close between Erika "I would rather give foster children to a heterosexual couple who abused that child rather than a gay couple who didn't" Harold and Kwame Raoul is reportedly close so don't skip it.

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2018 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!