Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rami Malek on Freddie Mercury’s Bisexuality: ‘He Never Wanted to Be Categorized or Labeled’

Rami Malek spoke about how Freddie Mercury’s bisexuality is represented in the new film Bohemian Rhapsody.

Said Malek to GSN’s Jamie Tabberer: “I want everyone to be represented by this film. I think that’s exactly who Freddie Mercury was and is, is someone who’s inclusive of everyone. He never wanted to be categorized or labeled. He just was. Whatever he was should have been okay. And I think that’s the way he sees it.. If you’re out there and you’re exactly who you want to be, then I think for you Freddie Mercury might be a hero. He is for me.”

Added Malek: “Brian May told me this when we were talking about shooting the film. He said ‘There are a lot of people out there who don’t realize how significant of a death sentence it was. Over 35 million people have died of AIDS. It’s a pandemic that still exists. I was just in Swaziland seeing what Red and the Mercury Phoenix Trust have done. And if they don’t get those pills every day, this thing could have a resurgence like you wouldn’t believe. So as much as this is a very entertaining, emotional, celebratory film, it has an impact in so many different ways. It’s something you can take your kids to and perhaps give them a little bit of a history lesson, and still walk out singing some tunes.”

Malek recently spoke about his physical transformation into Mercury: “I have fake teeth. Freddie Mercury as a kid was called ‘Bucky.’”

And said he had to shoot the Live Aid Wembley stadium concert on the first day: “It was the most terrifying thing ever.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 7, 2018 9:21 PM

One tiny problem: Freedie wasn’t bi , but gay. He was gay! He liked having sex with men. Why can’t people get on board with this?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 8:54 PM

[quote]He never wanted to be categorized or labeled.

Because he didn't want to admit he was gay. Much like Elton John a decade before pretending he was bisexual and he hadn't seen a woman's vagina since the day he was born.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 8:57 PM

To those of you who liked Queen in the '70s and '80s, when did you realize Freddie was gay?

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 8:58 PM

I don't understand why some people label him as bi he had beards those women were not his real girlfriends he was gay

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 8:59 PM

R1, bi does in fact mean that one likes having sex with men. The question with Freddie is did he also like having sex with women. I don't think so. He was from a very different time, he obviously struggled with his sexuality, I have no idea what the attitude of his family was towards him being gay but they are from Zanzibar so maybe had more traditional "values".

R2, I suspect that, had Freddie lived, he would be like Elton is today, out, proud and content and one of the most famous gay men in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 9:00 PM

But, yes, it is bs to try to pretend that he was simply a "no labels" kinda guy. The problem is that today, with all this "queer" and "fluid" and LGBTQIA+++ nonsense, we are returning to that era of when people avoided stating what their sexuality was and everything was just one big hippy attitude of whatever makes you happy, don't put yourself in a box crap, I can imagine that most millennials and younger will think what a cool guy he was for not labelling himself.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 9:03 PM

R5 I know that bi means you love both sexes. But Freedie wasn’t bi, but gay. He was only sexually attracted to men. Why are people still debating this? He was really good friends with his wife and she supported him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 9:03 PM

Also, if I might add, I’m a millennial as well and I don’t find people who put themselves in the “no label” category cool, just attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 9:06 PM

r1 why are you convinced he was gay and not bi? I personally was propositioned by him. He had women in his group. This wasn’t a canasta club.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 9:06 PM

There you haven't it. There are no gays only bis and heteros. Any gays you see are a clear figment of your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 9:08 PM

R1/r7, I agree with you, just pointing out that bi means he likes men too. I don't think he was bi, I think he was gay. I'm glad to hear you're not into this no labels nonsense.

R9, are you a 70-year-old straight woman?

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 9:08 PM

He was homo-flexible.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 9:12 PM

Oh for heaven's sake, Freddie was gay gay gay. His early relationship with Mary was before he either recognized his homosexuality or before he just came out. Though she never wrote a book, she did discuss how this was a difficult thing for Freddie to do in telling her. I don't know what was in his mind. But women in his later life doesn't mean they were sexual partners. You think gay men don't have great platonic frindships with women?

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 10:02 PM

r11 no, i’m late 50s gay (not bi, not queer) man

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 10:28 PM

So NO, this movie DOESN'T address Freddie Mercury's homosexuality and AIDS cover-up nor questions Mercury in any way?

Gotcha.

This movie won't matter.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2018 10:29 PM

It's the E! Fake Hollywood Story!

We're really going to get the outside scoop on Queen! But at least Brian May approved the use of all their songs.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2018 10:31 PM

R14, how then can the fact that Freddie propositioned you, a gay man, be used to prove he was bi and not gay?

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2018 10:34 PM

He is not fit to play Freddy. Way too short.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2018 10:36 PM

Here we go again. Let's call it Truth Optional.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 10:37 PM

The delusionals are determined to make a "Magic Bisexual", freely and equally giving to men and women!!!!

He was a big ole faggot.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 10:40 PM

I just assumed he was gay the first time I saw him in the 70s and just assumed everyone else agreed. I agree he’s not attractive and when he grew his mustache he looked like one of those gay clones from the 70s. Hard to imagine him ever being anything but a gold star gay.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 10:49 PM

No, R15, it does address it quite clearly. In the film (and allegedly in real life), Mary turns down his marriage proposal by telling him he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 11:15 PM

The new film 'Bohemian Rhapsody' hasn't even been released and there's been controversy around the de-queering of Freddie Mercury.

We sat down with Rami Malek before the film's release to ask about this.

And his answer, um, didn't help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 11:30 PM

INTO: So, Freddie Mercy. Obviously a rock icon, a god. Do you also see him as a gay icon?

Malek: ...I think if he's an icon there's no reason that it requires another adjective, as far as I see.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 11:30 PM

Rami Malek

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 11:30 PM

Drop the frickin Q.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 11:34 PM

What does that tweet mean by "de-queering" r23? By definition queer today means anybody who doesn't identify as 100% straight and doesn't like labels but just believes that everyone can be into everything, so "queer" fits perfectly with Rami Malek's fluff that attempts to de-gay Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 11:35 PM

gay as a daffodil

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Malik is so full of shit at r23. So now calling yourself gay is "boxing yourself in"? When exactly did Malik ever hear Freddie say anything? If he means that when specifically asked if he was gay Freddie would (allegedly) reply "I'm just me", perhaps he should consider how frowned upon homosexuality was in the 70s.

Let's not forget that when Queen formed in 1970 homosexuality had only been decriminalised in the UK 3 years before that and Freddie grew up in an environment where it was literally a crime to be gay. By the late 1980s and just before his death he was, for the most part, publicly perceived as being gay with an ambiguity surrounding him, but the ambiguity was for protection.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2018 11:44 PM

When Freddie kept his mouth closed he was handsome. This guy is fugly.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 11:51 PM

[quote]One tiny problem: Freedie wasn’t bi , but gay. He was gay! He liked having sex with men. Why can’t people get on board with this?

Uh, he had a wife, genius. He's had sex with women.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2018 12:17 AM

R31 types dumb.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2018 12:19 AM

r17 unlike you, I was there with him. saw who he has with. who he was picking up - male & female. unlike you, i’m not relying on 2nd and 3rd party unattributed sources who have axes to grind.

I’m a guy who turned him down. As difficult as this is for you: a famous man picked up men and women. he propositioned is for sex.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2018 12:24 AM

You saw him propositioning women for sex, r33? Where?

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2018 12:26 AM

1970 was not the outest and proudest year on the planet. I had a girlfriend then. I told her I was gay in 1972, and we tried to make me "bi" until 1974, when I finally came out as the gay man I had always been. But even then, I wasn't [italic]out[/italic] out. That wouldn't happen until I moved to NYC in 1975.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2018 1:16 AM

The films PR team is really trying to beat down the gay angle. Yea - Mercury was gay gay gay. I can only wonder why in 2018 it was decided to be coy with Mercury's gayness as It was such a part of him. I would have made movie 20 times more interesting. But this PR bullshit is so annoying. Already two threads going and the PR people are blathering away.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2018 1:36 AM

R35, but you had a girlfriend so you were already bi.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2018 1:39 AM

Except I was really gay, r37. Not bi. Bi is what I pretended to be because I was too afraid to come out.

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2018 1:42 AM

"The films PR team is really trying to beat down the gay angle. "

Um, no. If you follow ANY of the PR team's social media, it's gay-inclusive. Too bad the film itself is moralistic and revisionist.

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2018 1:55 AM

You don't become un-bi. Just like a murderer doesn't become not a murderer once he murdered someone. You can't undo things..

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2018 1:56 AM

Didn't Mercury become infected with AIDS from Rudolf Nureyev?

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2018 1:58 AM

By, "categorized or labelled," he means "openly gay."

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2018 2:01 AM

r34 Munich, dumbass. Right after a concert at Olympia Halle 1983. He walked through a club I was at, hit on me. Hit on girls, guys. Tables, chairs. Stereo equipment "Hey, wanna fuck?". He pulled a whole damn chain of people out of the club . I turned him down because he stank.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2018 2:10 AM

Correct, R41 . But then, some people pretend to be "bi" before they're completely out ie They're just closeted, not genuinely bi.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2018 2:14 AM

I love how just because some bug-eyed lightweight gets to play a music legend, suddenly he's looked to as an authority on what Mercury was really all about. Out-rageous!

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2018 2:16 AM

They're only asking him to comment because of the press interviews he has had to do for the movie. So I wouldn't look too much into want Malek is saying.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]The films PR team is really trying to beat down the gay angle. " ... Um, no. If you follow ANY of the PR team's social media, it's gay-inclusive. Too bad the film itself is moralistic and revisionist.

What twaddle. The film's PR team (like r39) is trying to promote the film and justify the lack of gay story-line .. This is a PR thread and there is lots of heavy breathing.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2018 3:04 AM

I'm more interested in the Elton John movie coming out next year. I'm never been a huge fan of his music but it at least looks like they're including all the gay sex and debauchery

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2018 3:09 AM

Why did they go with Malek anyway? I know Cohen dropped out but there must have been other actors to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2018 3:15 AM

Why did they make this movie? It's so dated. No one cares about Queen anymore. It's been 40 years. The gays would have given this film a huge boost but they were left out and now they are indifferent to hostile.

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2018 3:28 AM

But I'm so glad Choen isn't in it. He would have been perfect in some ways but he's done homophobic stuff. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2018 3:30 AM

Sounds like you misinterpreted a situation, r43.

Also, according to the link, Queen didn't perform any concerts in Munich in 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2018 10:14 AM

I think they could have chosen an actor who looked like him more. From the previews it made it seem like he looked like him but from that picture above.... not at all. I’d love to see a George Michael movie at one point

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2018 10:59 AM

I have written this on another thread

[quote] Dl and others often have it with the 10 out late and alive celebs that they must not have had straight sex ever and the one outed alleged pedophile Michael Jackson neither ever having had sex with an adult woman, so making it seem that the sites are quite informative and enlightening, when they are actually pretty PR-friendly; and they must not have had any straight feelings either.

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2018 11:11 AM

[quote]I’d love to see a George Michael movie at one point

Yes - the scene where he's cruising a public restroom in LA and gets arrested with his pants around his ankles would be riveting.

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2018 11:13 AM

Variety weighs in with their review. Kudos to Rami.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2018 11:14 AM

[quote]Added Malek: “Brian told me this when we were talking about shooting the film. He said ‘There are a lot of people out there who don’t realize how significant of a death sentence it was. Over 35 million people have died of AIDS.

Wow - I had never heard this. That's a lot of people. Brian is a genius. Thanks for letting us know !!

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2018 11:18 AM

Yesssss!! Rami is in!

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2018 11:18 AM

R50 I have an 18 year-old-son (straight) whose favorite band is Queen. He's been excited for this movie ever since they announced it. He's planning to see it opening weekend with a couple of friends.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2018 11:21 AM

[quote]I have an 18 year-old-son (straight) whose favorite band is Queen. He's been excited for this movie ever since they announced it. He's planning to see it opening weekend with a couple of friends.

Thanks for sharing. You must be very proud. And good on you for being so supportive of your special needs son. I'm sure he will love the movie. This is a heart warming story for sure.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2018 11:26 AM

I was never bi, r40. As r44 said, I was gay, but closeted. "Bi" was a lie.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2018 11:32 AM

[quote]Variety weighs in with their review. Kudos to Rami.

But they also said the film sucked. (But maybe good for retarded people r59 )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2018 11:33 AM

Having a faghag does not make you bi.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2018 11:35 AM

[quote]Having a faghag does not make you bi.

And they are very needy. Always ME ME ME ... really gets on my last nerve ...

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2018 11:39 AM

I wonder if that's what she thinks of herself as now, my faghag. We haven't spoken in years.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2018 11:39 AM

Another Hollywood biopic incapable of addressing the subject’s homosexuality for fear of losing revenue. The usual chickenshit approach. God forbid we offend delicate heterosexual sensibilities. If I’ve managed to watch countless overwrought heterosexual romances and sex scenes in movies you would think grown men and woman could manage the odd, honest depiction of same between men. Instead, we get the ‘bisexual’ bullshit.

Elton John married a woman and successfully sued a newspaper for saying he was gay. Of course, now he is an outspoken ubergay and we all should understand ‘it was a different time’ then. Money invariably triumphs over honesty.

I was a neighbour and met him a few times at parties. Gay parties. He was gay.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2018 11:47 AM

Hey - life moves on. She's probably got three bratty kids and is living in the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2018 11:48 AM

[quote]To those of you who liked Queen in the '70s and '80s, when did you realize Freddie was gay?

I did not. But I was 7.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2018 11:49 AM

Freddie was bi leaning to straight. He got HIV from Tina Chow, and Freddie passed the virus to Princess Diana who gave it to George Michael, who was bi leaning to straight.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2018 11:50 AM

[quote]when did you realize Freddie was gay?

I never knew he was gay until he died of AIDS -- but then the "light bulb" when off over my head and I said ... "Fuck - I think he was doing naughty gay stuff"

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Queen fans around the world has accepted Freddie for who he was a gay man I don't understand what's the point of censoring his gayness in his biography film?

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2018 11:54 AM

[quote]Freddie was bi leaning to straight. He got HIV from Tina Chow, and Freddie passed the virus to Princess Diana who gave it to George Michael, who was bi leaning to straight.

Diana was a total slut. She would have parties of homeless people and would fuck them all - several at the same time. She was insatiable. The whole car crash thing was a cover up. Diana died of AIDS

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2018 11:55 AM

R72 reddie passed the virus to Princess Diana who gave it to George Michael

Lies Lies Lies

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2018 11:58 AM

This is the Bands influence right? Cohen dropped out because they were whitewashing his history.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2018 12:18 PM

Cohen has done homophobic stuff so good riddance ...

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2018 1:33 PM

Many loons on this thread. Fred was gay, not bi. Just ask the woman to whom he left his estate. Gay Gayerson.

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2018 1:33 PM

Freddie didn’t bathe? Or was this post concert?

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2018 1:38 PM

[quote]Many loons on this thread. Fred was gay, not bi.

Well if Freddie was so gay how come he died of AIDS?? Please answer me this !!

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2018 1:38 PM

R75 he’s a comedian some of his stuff is meant to offend. He at least wanted to be honest about Freddie’s history

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2018 1:46 PM

Well he offended me .. I really get a strong whiff of homophobia from the guy and he doesn't belong in a gay biopic.

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2018 1:53 PM

You were 7 throughout the whole of the 70s and 80s, r68?

I'm a lesbian (in my teens during the 80s) but even I could tell that Freddie's look was that of a typical gay clone. Everything about him was obviously gay and his Queen persona, his whole stage performance, how he'd come out wearing a crown and cape. I mean, his band was called Queen ffs.

What I remember was lots of ambiguity around his sexuality. I sort of remember that he'd brush the subject off, which in itself is a big giveaway that he was gay. I even rumours that he had HIV/AIDS well before it was revealed that he did (when he was on his deathbed) and my gay friends saying that you could tell he was ill in the band's last video (at link, it's obvious).

I'm sure the tabloids knew everything, just as they did about George Michael, but they didn't expose anything, although there was always that ambiguity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2018 2:02 PM

Another obviously gay thing about Freddie was that he was good friends with the DJ and comedian Kenny Everett, who was similarly closeted but with lots of ambiguity around him and who also died of AIDS a few years after Freddie.

In the video linked, Freddie making a guest appearance on Kenny's TV show. Kenny literally says "hello all you friends of Dorothy" and he and Freddie are dressed as gay leathermen. Freddy even jumps on Kenny, as though he wants to hump him. So, on one level Freddie and Kenny were out but because they never officially confirmed that they were gay and would instread brush speculation off, not to mention the conveninent ex-girlfriend in the background.

It just reminds me of how frigging hard it really was to be out as gay back then, which makes all this nonsense today about how we shouldn't label people even more infuriating considering it was a hard slog of a fight just to be able to say you're gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote]You were 7 throughout the whole of the 70s and 80s, [R68]?

Yes - I had the disease where I never aged. It used to make me very self-conscience and I cried a lot. I think it's very cruel of you to be so callous.

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2018 2:11 PM

Kenny Everett's Wikipedia entry has a lot more on both him and Freddie being gay than Freddie's does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2018 2:16 PM

Freddie called himself "Queen." That's enough. Even a pre-teen in the midwest knew what that meant. Rami is a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2018 2:28 PM

Gees, even Leonard Bernstein’s wife told Lenny he was homosexual

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2018 2:34 PM

I'm over Rami. He sounds pretentious and is too much of an overt media whore.

Pandering to a small group of cunts that are too embarrassed to be called what they is insufferable. Yes honey, you a gay. Accept it, embrace it. Don't be ashamed by your label.

Both Freddy & Rami have had had more cocks in them than a Greenwich Village gloryhole. Bi, don't fucking make me piss myself.

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2018 2:39 PM

"We'll never stop straight washing gay people!" vows Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2018 3:29 PM

Cohen? Who is Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2018 3:33 PM

Sacha Baron Cohen R89

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2018 4:10 PM

I think Sascha would have killed it as Freddie- he's quite Method that way. Sacha has also said racist and sexist things in his characters to illustrate how homophobic/racist/sexist people are. Quite the satirist.

As a girl growing up in Chicago the 70's, I knew that Freddie, Elton John and Richard Chamberlain were not really attracted to women, but at the time, I didn't know what gay was.

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2018 4:15 PM

R3 I was a teenager in the 70's though not really a fan of Queen. Everyone assumed he was gay, in the same way we assumed George Michael was gay in the 80s. It wasn't a surprise when either one of them came out. Having said that, I did hear a story from someone in the biz about Freddie fucking a female groupie at an afterstage party, whether thats true or not, or whether it was coke induced or whatever, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2018 5:24 PM

[quote]Pandering to a small group of cunts that are too embarrassed to be called what they is insufferable.

It’s not closet cases that have the problem, it’s the genderqueer, we-don’t-believe-in-labels-here-are-my-labels crowd that are screaming about “bi-erasure”. Bi-erasure! Of a man so flaming he named his band Queen!

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2018 5:41 PM

Freddy was not bi-sexual. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He was a 100% homosexual. He liked and partook of the cock. If he ever got near a naked vagina in his life it was probably when he was very young and most likely drunk or drugged.

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2018 6:05 PM

This comment string from R23. wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2018 6:06 PM

The people who come out of the woodwork to claim he's bi because of Mary Austin drive me nuts. I've never seen her imply their relationship was sexual, but the "Freddie was bi!" people have latched onto her in recent years.

If they had a sexual relationship, she would have been infected and died like Jim Hutton- who, funnily enough, the same "Freddie was bi!" people try to diminish the importance of.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2018 6:33 PM

Exactly r96 - and let's not forget Freddie's real lover who also died of AIDS, Jum Hutton. I don't even remember hearing of Mary Austin until Freddie died.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2018 6:43 PM

It's almost heartbreaking r95 to see that young people today don't comprehend just how hard it was to be out gay in the 70s and 80s and not to understand that Freddie wasn't not "labelling" himself, but he was just not in a position to come out publicly as gay.

I'd have a little more respect for that Twitter feed if it wasn't called LGBTIQ+ Today @fluidNewsToday because, if anything, it's the ridiculous "LGBITQ+" and "fluid" mindset that is enabling this "no labels" crap. Zach Stafford does the same with his talk of "de-queering": "queer" doesn't mean gay, it incorporates bisexual as well.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2018 6:58 PM

[quote]The people who come out of the woodwork to claim he's bi because of Mary Austin drive me nuts. I've never seen her imply their relationship was sexual, but the "Freddie was bi!" people have latched onto her in recent years.

But it's taken on a new urgency because of the film's decision to downplay Mercury's homosexuality, Really dumb decision - it's pleased no one - and the movie isn't very good from what I've read. I will wait and see it on Netflix (if then).

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Jim Hutton looking on lovingly at Freddie. They were obviously in love but during Freddie's lifetime Jim was hidden away - nothing to do with "no labels" and all to do with homophobia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote]I'd have a little more respect for the Twitter feed if it wasn't called LGBTIQ+

I've totally lost respect for LGBTIQ+ (or whatever version). It doesn't speak for me. I still like the flag though. It's pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2018 7:09 PM

Happy birthday, Freddie Mercury! Did you know the rockstar's partner was from Co Carlow? Peter Lee @PulitzerPeter May 15, 2018 10:41 AM

Freddie Mercury (1946 - 1991), lead singer of 70s hard rock quartet Queen, in concert in Milton Keynes. Freddie Mercury (1946 - 1991), lead singer of 70s hard rock quartet Queen, in concert in Milton Keynes. HULTON ARCHIVE/GETTY IMAGES With the release of Queen's Freddie Mercury biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody" this November, we take a look back at the frontman's County Carlow boyfriend, Jim Hutton. Jim Hutton is most notably known for being the partner of former Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. Before meeting Mercury, Hutton was a hairdresser in his hometown in County Carlow before moving to London, where he met his future boyfriend.

Hutton was with the dynamic singer for seven years until Mercury’s untimely death in 1991 due to AIDS. Hutton and Mercury shared an extremely private life away from the cameras. So what do we know about the Jim Hutton?

Jim Hutton died at 60 years of age due to lung cancer On New Year's Day in 2010, Hutton died at the age of 60 from lung cancer, just three days shy of his 61st birthday. In 1990, Hutton was diagnosed with AIDS and dealt with it until his death. Hutton, who cared for Mercury during the singers battle with the same syndrome, said that it took him a year to break the news to Mercury that he too had been diagnosed with AIDS. Many believed that Hutton had died from complications with AIDS, however, it was revealed that his death was caused by lung cancer.

Released his memoirs entitled ‘Mercury and Me’ In 1994, Hutton released a book entitled ‘Mercury and Me’, a memoir of his relationship with the famed singer. Within the book, Hutton shared details of his relationship with Mercury as well as some never before seen candid photos of both himself and Mercury together. In an interview given shortly after the book was released, Hutton discussed various reasons why he wanted the book to be written and how it helped him deal with his grief in the aftermath of Mercury’s death.

Helped care for Mercury after the singer was diagnosed with AIDS In 1987 Freddie Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS. For the next number of years, Mercury denied publicly rumors that he had contracted the syndrome. However, it was later found out that he had informed only those he most truly trusted, with Hutton being one of those people. Mercury told Hutton that he would understand if he wanted to end their relationship to which Hutton replied, “I love you, Freddie, I’m not going anywhere.” For Mercury’s remaining years Hutton took care of him and was by his side until his death.

Both Hutton and Mercury wore wedding bands during their relationship Despite not being legally married, both Hutton and Mercury wore wedding rings.

Hutton and Mercury weren’t officially married, but they both wore wedding rings to show their commitment to one another. Hutton and Mercury began their relationship in a time long before same-sex marriage and other forms of equality we see today, which various groups have been campaigning towards for the last number of decades. Hutton lived with Mercury in the singer's Garden Lodge home soon after they began dating where they remained together until Mercury’s death.

Both private individuals Both Hutton and Mercury were extremely private individuals and therefore so was their relationship. It wasn’t until after Mercury’s death and the release of Hutton’s memoirs in 1994 that fans were able to get a glimpse into their relationship. The book included many intimate photos of the pair from their many happy years together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2018 7:11 PM

At one point it was just the gay flag r101, we can still reclaim it.

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2018 7:11 PM

R31, "He's had" nothing, being decidedly in strictly Past Tense.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2018 7:12 PM

The alphabet soup media is claiming that 40% of “our” community is bi...no wonder. Its BS.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2018 7:13 PM

Freddie and Jim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2018 7:13 PM

Freddie and Jim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2018 7:14 PM

Are people seriously saying that Freddie was bi because he (probably) slept with a woman at some point? So if a modern-day gay couple gets into a threesome with a woman as an experiment, they lose their gay status? Absurd. I've always assumed Freddie and Mary were lovers before he started fucking men, which would explain why she didn't get infected. But wasn't she the great love of his life? If he were bi, why did they break up? That alone tells me he was gay.

Ben Whishaw was slated to play Freddie after Baron Cohen. And he could sing the songs, too. I don't immediately see him as Freddie, but he's brilliant in everything so I'm sure he would have killed it.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2018 7:16 PM

Lots of gay men have had sex with women at some point. Doesn't mean they're any less gay.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2018 7:17 PM

As a woman, Generation X woman, it pains me to realise that online, the overwhelming majority of Millennial straight or Bi women are homophobic. "Gay" will soon become the "G" word. It's like they hate the fact that some men are cock exclusive , even if they had to go through a couple go vaginas to realise this. Funny how these bitches are not so "essentialist" when to comes to biology pertaining to Gender, though. It has made up my mind that a certain paradigm is based off of no more than gynophobia and good old fashioned HOMOPHOBIA as finessed by LGBT Inc.

May not be my place, but I recognise fuckry when I see it and this straight woman will continue not using "queer" in my lexicon. It used to mean "gay/lesbian/". Now it means "I might not be". I recognise dissembling when I hear it, same as code switch. And Our Freddie was gay as ; just as the woman that he proposed to kindly told him. Then again , most adults aspired to be adult back in the day. Now we know a lot of straight male centred, homophobic women will hold onto that only fucks her every four months , straight acting, if he likes cock he must be bisexual man with both hands, knowing that they are gay as a a Toucan. Now , I like to think I have a magic puss. But I have enough sense to know that a gay man likes the male body along with the genitals. That woman who told Freddie that he was gay knew that there was better out there for her and him, despite their mutual love. Sometimes you just have to let go of the ego and let the gay men go on their merry way, with support if a woman is strong and sensible enough. If not, just back the fuck off, piss and moan for a little while and wait for the next one to come along.

These brand new Bettys and Bobbys don't believe in labels......well only the Gay and Lesbian labels , it seems. Jeezam peez. Nearly fifty years of gay emancipation is swiftly going down the pan and I'm horrified at the rank disregard for that fact by many in and out of "the community". Sorry for the rambling.

by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2018 7:18 PM

I was 13 when "Bohemian Rhapsody" came out. I knew what "gay" meant, but I'd never seen anybody whom I knew to be gay. In the video, Freddie wore the lowcut white leotard which showed off his chest hair; nonetheless, I vaguely registered him as a woman. If I'd put my mind to it, I'd probably have put 2 and 2 together and realized I was looking at a gay man, but I never bothered. By the time he cut his hair and grew the mustache, I was older and the gay thing was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2018 7:30 PM

Freddie, like so many others to this day, didn't like labels that come with bad or negative baggage. Especially when you are raised in conservative homes and still feel the need for the approval of conservative parents or other people with authority.

So what you don't want to put a label on it? So what if you call yourself queer?

Do we use labels to judge other people or do we use them to find like minded friends?

Labels can be used for good, but also for bad.

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2018 7:49 PM

The living members of Queen want a Disney movie version of their band's past. An introduction for younger generations to the band, the band's history, and most importantly their music catalogue ready to be purchased in physical and digital formats.

That's why Sacha Baron Cohen left the project early on. He wanted something more edgy.

by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2018 7:55 PM

Rami should prepare for the same Oscar fate as the guy who played James Brown so well. nada.

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2018 8:42 PM

[qoute]Freddie, didn't like labels that come with bad or negative baggage. Especially when you are raised in conservative homes and still feel the need for the approval of conservative parents or other people with authority.

Well - that's great Freddie didn't like labels with negative baggage. But that doesn't mean we can't call the truth as we see it. Especially as it's been 26 years since Freddie died. History doesn't work that way. Once people die the truth eventually comes out about their sexuality. Especially now. Historians almost always out dead people. Sooner or later - and that's the way it should be. People want to know.

by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2018 9:00 PM

How much input has John Deacon had to the making of this movie? He seems to have been the band member that was most shaken up by Freddie's death and detached himself from the band after that.

by Anonymousreply 116October 24, 2018 9:01 PM

R115, it's not even true that Freddie didn't like labels. He lived at a time when it was really difficult to come out and in fact actively discouraged by the music industry. His pal Kenny Everett was married to a woman yet he eventually admitted he was gay. I have no doubt that had Freddie lived he would have been just like Elton John and come out as gay at some point in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 117October 24, 2018 9:04 PM

I am the great RAMI MALEK, and I am all-knowing about everything. Especially things that I have no firsthand knowledge of, especially those things. Because I am RAMI, star of the greatest television show ever, MR. ROBERT! All kneel before RAMI, you worthless inferiors!!!

by Anonymousreply 118October 24, 2018 9:10 PM

[quote]I have no doubt that had Freddie lived he would have been just like Elton John and come out as gay at some point in the 1990s.

Or sooner - Freddie was more radical than Elton. Elton is a bit of a fuddy-duddy - he likes to hang around with rich people.

by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2018 9:14 PM

I too believe Sacha Baron Cohen is in need of a great role and a great director.

by Anonymousreply 120October 24, 2018 9:21 PM

But I hope he stays away from gay themed stuff. He has too much baggage.

by Anonymousreply 121October 24, 2018 9:25 PM

I doubt Rami came up with this on his own - someone involved in the press for his movie gave him the party line. Either that or the remaining memebers of the band

by Anonymousreply 122October 24, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote] Freddie Mercury (1946 - 1991), lead singer of 70s hard rock quartet Queen

Since when was Queen "hard rock"?

by Anonymousreply 123October 24, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote] He lived at a time when it was really difficult to come out and in fact actively discouraged by the music industry.

I disagree because I lived through those times. In the 70's, pre-AIDS, there was a' sexual revolution' going on. It was free love with both sexes. There were even women who loved gay men or wanted to be with them sexually. It wasn't that hard to be out and gay, it was part of the sexual mores of that day---in certain cities. Yes, I believe Freddie was with women too because women were throwing themselves at him, unlike today where women stay away from gay or bi men because of HIV. Women would sleep with gay men as a fling, getting involved with them in a relationship is another thing.

Barbara Palentin started out as one of Freddie's lovers, after Mary but eventually became his hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 24, 2018 9:33 PM

Hutton was HAF! He should have been in porn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 24, 2018 9:39 PM

OK, why is it that so many assume that glamboyant men like Freddie must be totally gay, not a single tick away from the “6” on the K scale? Truth is, he was a sex addict who liked variety and did not run screaming fron vagi like the Gold Star queens here on DL. Don’t despair, ladies; he was still a thirsty cock slut. Don’t let his lack of disgust towards women ruin it for y’all.

by Anonymousreply 126October 24, 2018 9:51 PM

And you know that how? What's your verified source for this most personal information about someone you couldn't even being to hope to have ever known? That's right, you don't know anything and you're just talking out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2018 11:51 PM

Does anyone know the details of Kenny Everett and Freddie Mercury's encounters with Rudolf Nureyev?

by Anonymousreply 128October 24, 2018 11:59 PM

Total cockaholic.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2018 12:02 AM

I don't want to be labeled means "do not call me gay no matter how many cocks go up my ass".

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2018 12:09 AM

I think what confuses people is that Freddie left Mary Austin everything when he died, even his house he shared with Jim. Jim got only $500,000 which is the same amount he left several of the household help. Jim didn’t even get their house. It’s really sad how he was treated.

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2018 1:06 AM

Yeah, that is confusing. Why would you leave your lover the same amount as your help? Most likely, he probably was not there while he was dying and she was.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2018 1:10 AM

Thanks R124! After Stonewall until the AIDS epidemic, gayness was paraded with Pride! After AIDS hit, people got scared and went into the closet. As for Freddie, tween me knew he was gay! Hell, my 9 year old knew he was gay when I showed her Queen music videos (having a gay dad helped). As for sex with women, even George Michael said ecstasy turned your whole body into a raging hard-on and you would fuck anything...There you go.

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2018 1:11 AM

R132 No he was there. He cared for Freddie until he died and was in the house when he died.

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote]Freddie Mercury was born Farrokh Bulsara on Thursday September 5th 1946 on the small spice island of Zanzibar. His parents, Bomi and Jer Bulsara, were both Parsee (Persian).

I wonder if the movie goes into his motivation to be so closeted?

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2018 3:23 AM

Apparently it doesn’t even get into his background r135, or that he was an immigrant.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2018 3:34 AM

Watch the documentary "when Freddie met Kenny" on YouTube. Great overview of both their lives.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2018 4:15 AM

I love that Freddie didn’t let his sexuality define him - he was way ahead of the curve in his rejection of identity politics. He was just an extremely talented rock vocalist who happened to enjoy sleeping with men while getting his spiritual and intellectual fulfillment from women. I get the appeal of claiming “He’s one of us! ” but he’s really not, unless you have a four-octave vocal range with a killer vibrato and amazing onstage charisma.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2018 7:25 AM

Being bisexual doesn't mean that you regularly date men and women and have sex with men and women in equal numbers. It never has. You could fuck hundreds of men and be married to a woman who you love and have sex with. Men who mostly have sex with women but are turned on by men 10-20% of the time and fuck them are bisexual. So would Freddie Mercury be if he had sex with women and were attracted to them 10-20% of the time but 80-90% of the time fucked men.

No one here knows what have Freddie a hard-on. He was known to have sex with women even though he was known to have sex with lots and lots of men. I've had people on this board over the years tell me I'm not gay but bi because I had sex with women. To hell with it. No one has to identify as a little bi or mostly gay to satisfy everyone.

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2018 7:42 AM

Go away r138.

R135, that is absolutely a central reason why he was so deeply closeted but the film barely mentions his family.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2018 7:44 AM

R83 - R66 here. That’s how I met Mercury, through knowing Kenny. They were good friends. Both also had the same experience of being high profile figures in the media ( obviously Mercury on a larger scale ) and having AIDS in a time when right wing fucks were calling for quarantine etc. People who weren’t there have no idea how hostile and fearful the environment was for gay men with AIDS. Both the Reagan and Thatcher administrations did all they could to ignore the horror. As ever, the media were like vultures with any celebrity who looked ill. In the UK it really was Diana who changed public perception through the media ( it was Act Up who changed the political reality ) so people should be grateful to her for that.

Mercury ( and Kenny and others ) were hounded and really became recluses. Last time I saw them both was sat forlornly together in the kitchen at a party in Lexham Gardens. It was a sad time.

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2018 8:05 AM

R141, I was a kid at the time but still remember in the UK talk about how you wouldn't be able to sit on the same toilet seat as someone else or shake hands because it wasn't known how the disease was transferred.

But even in the pre-AIDS era it's not as though it was easy to come out and be publicly out, especially in showbiz. Gay singers and artists were constantly told by their record companies to pretend they were straight. Heck, even today, when all this fluid no labels rhetoric is so popular, Shawn Mendes is still pretending to be straight.

Don't forget that just 3 years before Queen formed, gay sex was a crime in the UK. That's the environment Freddie was operating in, plus his own personal one of a perhaps socially conservative immigrant background.

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2018 12:48 PM

R43 tries really hard to write good fiction ad fails.

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2018 12:56 PM

I read a long time ago that Mary Austin was Freddie's nurse and caretaker in his dying days, and that he left the bulk of his estate to her. Is this untrue?

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2018 2:02 PM

Ah, sorry, I just saw R131's post.

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2018 2:03 PM

He left the bulk of his estate to Mary but Jim was his caretaker in his dying days, r144.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2018 2:34 PM

True - r146 - Mary Austin was his “muse” and soulmate of many years, while Jim was the caretaker, thus the estate settlement makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2018 2:49 PM

Jim was his lover, r147.

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2018 2:53 PM

Mary herself told Freddie that he was gay - and not bisexual - and if anyone should have known it was her.

He once said to her "I think I'm bisexual" and she replied "No Freddie, you're gay". This is even a scene in the movie, so why Rami feels the need to come out with all this "he never wanted to be labelled" crap is beyond me. Of course, on the one hand he's right - Freddie didn't want to be "labelled" because Freddie denied for a long time even to himself that he was gay. He obviously didn't feel 100% comfortable with his sexuality. But that doesn't mean it's correct to talk about his sexuality in these "he didn't like to be boxed in" terms.

As Mary put it, "Freddie, you're gay".

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2018 2:59 PM

r148 - Caretaker with “benefits.” They had a mostly physical relationship stemming from a torrid nightclub hookup a mere 7 years prior to Freddie’s death, and Jim was kind of screwed on the estate because of that. Perhaps over time their partnership would have evolved into a deeper emotional bond, but sadly it was cut short.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2018 3:16 PM

Mary's exact words were: "No Freddie, I don’t think you are bisexual. I think you are gay".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2018 3:41 PM

7 years is quite a long time to develop a relationship, r150. Not that I know the exact nature of the relationship between Freddie and Hutton.

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2018 3:43 PM

This idiot interview is sufficient reason to boycott this idiot film.

I don't pay money to be insulted.

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2018 4:03 PM

Rami Malek is such a talented little homophobe. But, anything for a buck, right.

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2018 4:24 PM

I socialized a bit with Fred and other musicians in Switzerland and I can confirm from my experiences with him what you already know. He was gay. Absolutely gay. Not the least bit interested in women.

It was tough to be gay then. Even around other musicians the gay ones tread carefully because the straight ones could be quite cruel. The gay slurs flowed freely.

Malek doesn't seem to understand who Fred was. Not even a bit.

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2018 5:50 PM

If this movie is successful, it will once again legitimize the career of Bran Singer. On behalf of all of Bryan Singers Victims, I refuse to participate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2018 6:06 PM

Has he been to Matt Damon School of Straight Washing?

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2018 7:12 PM

I think one of the main reasons he didn't come out was his family. It wasn't that they didn't get on - his mother and sister did an interview or two a few years ago and it's clear they adored him. He just thought they wouldn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2018 8:20 PM

I still don't understand why he left half of his estate to her and only $500,000 to Hutton, who --as some say here--was his caretaker in his last days. He also wanted to marry her in 1982 but didn't want to give her a child, he preferred to buy another cat. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2018 1:13 AM

[quote]No one here knows what have Freddie a hard-on. He was known to have sex with women even though he was known to have sex with lots and lots of men. I've had people on this board over the years tell me I'm not gay but bi because I had sex with women. To hell with it. No one has to identify as a little bi or mostly gay to satisfy everyone.

r139, it's not about behaviour, it's about sexual attraction. For example, if you are also having sex with women because you are sexually attracted to them (which, to be fair, is a pretty reasonable conclusion) then you are bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2018 5:00 AM

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or not getting the point. Yes, I agree that if Freddie was having sex with women because he was attracted to them, even if he mostly fucked men, he was bisexual. And I, despite having had sex with a couple of women, consider myself gay because of who I'm attracted to.

But no one here knows who Freddie was attracted to, who gave him erections. He may have been gay or "mostly gay" for those who need the qualifier, but he said he was bisexual and had sex with women. It's not a solid case either way. Only he knew. I understand the people who are right that homophobia is behind a lot of people saying they're bi and not gay, but telling people how they should identify is not the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2018 8:05 AM

I would say he was a 4 on a scale of 0-6. Predominantly homosexual but occasionally with women when it was convenient.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2018 8:32 AM

I meant 4 on the Kinsey scale.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2018 8:50 AM

The "Confusion" comes from this need to label. Label, label, label. I think Freddie Mercury--if he has to be labeled--was gay. However, if there's enough coke, poppers or alcohol in the room, anything and EVERYTHING went down. Not to get all "New Age-y" on your asses, but some people are just fucking sexual and don't give a fuck about the box you want to put them in. Especially, if they live in an environment where boxes don't really matter.

Dig?

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2018 9:47 AM

why get all worked up about this? so what. live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2018 9:50 AM

whats with this guy

so annoying

looks tweeker burnt.

spoiled the whole movie

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2018 10:19 AM

Which women exactly did Freddie Mercury have sex with, aside possibly from Mary Austin, who is convinced that he was gay?

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2018 10:28 AM

R167 how does anyone know that? How does anyone know which men he had sex with apart from Jim Hutton?

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2018 10:35 AM

Was Jim Hutton Tim’s father?

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2018 10:36 AM

What a perfect 21st Century misinterpretation of the gay facts. I’m going to skip this POS twice.

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2018 10:38 AM

R167, there are all these posters going on about how he sometimes had sex with women but there's no real evidence for that other than with Mary Austin - and sex with her can't have been that successful considering she told him he was gay. Maybe he dated and had sex with women when he was much younger, but once he started fucking men, it's obvious that men were what he was really into (without wanting to be insensitive, I doubt he caught HIV from a one-off experience). Even when he was alive he didn't hide his sexuality, he was just ambiguous about it. The music industry and society as a whole was fine with a bohemian (no pun intended) artist, but less comfortable with out gay men, especially ones who were intended to be idols to the young.

by Anonymousreply 171October 26, 2018 10:43 AM

^ I mean r168.

by Anonymousreply 172October 26, 2018 10:44 AM

Enough r164, deal with who you are and grow-up. And I say this a gay guy who loathes Trump but loves his legislating the entire trans thing out of existence.

Now regarding the film, Rami Malek is not a star; nor is he all that talented. He is the wrong body type for Freddie Mercury.

by Anonymousreply 173October 26, 2018 10:49 AM

Mercury was kind of an asshole. How many guys did he infect with HIV wiith or without knowing?

Sure, he was a great songwriter and performer, but still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 174October 26, 2018 11:33 AM

His bandmates were the doosh wipes. now they cash in on poor Freddie, with a shit movie.

pure crap is the movie, Freddie deserved better.

by Anonymousreply 175October 26, 2018 12:11 PM

In fairness, R175, one reason Freddie Mercury is so iconic today among the general populace is his bandmates' relentless promotion and marketing. The money is a bonus but I think they genuinely want to solidify the band's status while they're still able to.

by Anonymousreply 176October 26, 2018 12:15 PM

Also, from the 1980s onwards Queen was a business first and a band second. That's why I only really like their 1970s music.

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2018 12:17 PM

lets face it, Rami sucked in this flick....

by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2018 12:48 PM

I already hate this film. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2018 1:00 PM

That's not entirely fair r176. Queen were huge when Freddie was alive and he was a major star. His death was a shock, not least of all to his bandmates. Imagine being in this band you love, that's been your life for 20 years, that you've done things others can only dream of doing with and made classic music, and suddenly that's all gone, cut off, forever.

Those songs belonged as much to Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon and they would never be able to perform them in the same way, I can imagine how terrible that would have felt.

Yes, they should be doing Freddie more justice by ensuring that any film about the band was a decent one, but much of the time once you have given your contractual consent it's out of your hands.

by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2018 1:46 PM

The first album I ever bought was Queen's soundtrack to Flash Gordon. I was 10 and had saved up my pocket money.

by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2018 1:49 PM

I understand Rami’s plight in portraying a well known musician/entertainer and having it misfire.

by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2018 2:04 PM

They really do want to erase being gay from society don't they? So much panic and the media is helping them.

by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2018 2:05 PM

They do, R183. They really do. I saw the trailer and thought, “boy, that looks really heterosexual”.

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2018 2:21 PM

Did you also say "boy, that looks really bi sexual too." r184

Because that's why I made my comment. It would be great if we could talk about Freddy being a gay man, but clearly we can't in the media. They want to pretend that he wasn't gay. I guess that's all right with you.

by Anonymousreply 185October 26, 2018 2:36 PM

rami had to fill sasha baren cohens shoes who quit over the demands of the narcissus band members. he never filled them, alas..

major flop of the season, thanks to the bands' screenplay that downplayed Freddie and played band up. …. goofy.

by Anonymousreply 186October 26, 2018 3:01 PM

Did Freddie say he was gay or bisexual though? I'm confused. I know most of the fans assumed he was gay back in the day. I don't think anyone was bothered, at least not in the UK so there was no need to say he was bi if he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2018 3:05 PM

The bi freaks are nearly as tiresome as the trans. Freddie was a gay man. End of story accept that films like this one continue to straight wash our history.

by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2018 3:09 PM

Sadly, female fans want to dream that they had a chance with Freddie even though he's been dead for decades.

by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2018 3:11 PM

he was beyond gay......he was QUEEN OF THE ULTRA FAB UNIVERSE OF COKE AND HOPE.

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2018 3:23 PM

What R185? I’m on your side. Reading comprehension. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2018 3:30 PM

I didn't mean it in a bad way, R180. I was trying to say was that these tacky media ventures are helping to give Queen a whole new audience. I do appreciate the contribution of the other band members a lot. I'm a big fan of Brian May's songwriting in particular.

by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2018 3:38 PM

R110, come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2018 7:46 PM

r110 - A 100% gay man might, on occasion, slip into a vag if he’s horny and desperate enough, and it’s really up to an individual to define theselves as being “gay,” “bi,” etc. Whatever Freddie defined himself as, I’d respect that instead of how others label him.

by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2018 8:48 PM

R194, I believe a 100% gay man would not like to look into the face and titties of a RW bit would flip her over and take her in the ass and think of a man.

by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2018 9:05 PM

After just watching the film I have to wonder in what universe is this film homophobic.

I liked it. I understand it's difficult to put someone's entire life in two hours and that's why some things, especially at the beginning, feel rushed. But it was mostly fun. All the actors are believable. I'm a huge Queen fan so I had to ignore a lot of historical inaccuracies, but I understand the reasons behind those decisions. All in all, it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2018 9:08 PM

I find it a bit sad that people fight over a dead guy's sexual identity like their lives depend on it. The dude is dead and his music is his legacy not who he fucked.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2018 9:11 PM

r197, like Sir Elton John is nothing more than his music.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2018 9:13 PM

r198, really? You really want to imagine Elton John having sex with anyone? Ew!

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2018 9:15 PM

r195 - It’s like prison sex... just tap into the land of make-believe to get your rocks off.

by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2018 9:16 PM

r199, please learn to read critically.

r198

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2018 9:16 PM

Love that Rami is an expert & personally knowledgeable about Freddy Mercury & what went on in his head.

Freddy died before Rami was likely even born.

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2018 9:21 PM

Who is Freddy?

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2018 9:24 PM

Even for you r197, that is a stupid comment. And believe me after seeing the rest of your posts that is indeed saying something.

In short R197, maybe because our lives DO depend on being visible.

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2018 9:55 PM

R196, I think people are reacting more to Rami's stupid interview, as posted by OP.

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2018 10:52 PM

R205 yes it was a stupid interview. I won't be seeing this movie and it has now prejudiced me against this unknown bug-eyed actor.

by Anonymousreply 206October 27, 2018 12:55 AM

Way back in the mid-eighties, Roger Taylor casually (and laughingly) told an anecdote to a Dutch music magazine about the time when their manager took them to some high-class brothel in Munich. While the three heterosexual members were happy to be "entertained" by the girls, Freddie sat there pouting and demanded that he be supplied with a male playmate.

by Anonymousreply 207October 27, 2018 2:18 AM

According to one of his ex-lovers, Freddie still slept around even after he found out he was HIV. it was only when the disease began to take a significant toll on him physically that he stopped being promiscuous. He also most likely gave the disease to his long-term partner Jim Hutton, who initially was unfairly accused of infecting Freddie instead.

by Anonymousreply 208October 27, 2018 4:38 AM

I cannot stand that weird creep Malek.

I wont go see it.

by Anonymousreply 209October 27, 2018 5:15 AM

The reason why the movie has turned out like it has is due to Brian May and Roger Taylor. They obviously had an interest on ensuring the script focused more on the band than just being about Freddie. Brian May especially micro-managed the film project from the start, and that's why Sacha Baron Cohen ended up leaving the project early on. Cohen quite rightly wanted to explore Freddie's personality and lifestyle to a greater degree than either May or Taylor were willing to allow.

Also, after Freddie died, the rest of the band kind of put him on a pedestal. They weren't interested in allowing a more honest portrayal of Mercury. I think that's why they went with Malek, he was probably seen as being more malleable, especially after the conflicts they had with Cohen over how they wanted Freddie portrayed.

by Anonymousreply 210October 27, 2018 5:44 AM

Freddy was BI. Datalounge gays are a bunch of horrible whiners. Grow a pair and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 211October 27, 2018 5:47 AM

Did Queen ever perform for the Queen, in a royal command performance? What was her favorite of thier songs? I would bet it was this, because she identified with it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 27, 2018 5:54 AM

Is Rami Malek a professional cokehead?

by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2018 6:02 AM

R176 Wayne's world made them cool to a younger generation, I believe

by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2018 6:07 AM

Honey, Wayne's World came out about 40 years ago...

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2018 7:53 AM

R215 at that time

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2018 7:58 AM

[quote]Enough [R164], deal with who you are and grow-up. And I say this a gay guy who loathes Trump but loves his legislating the entire trans thing out of existence.

Enough? Enough of what? Common sense? Of an opinion that doesn’t mesh with your antiquated views of the world. Christ, I CANNOT wait until YOUR generation dies off. Trust me, the world will be a better place.

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2018 10:09 AM

Oh shut up r217, the antiquated views of the world, of sex, of gender roles, of what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman, of women's ability to define themselves and not be defined by people with penises, of the notion that lesbians should have sex with people with penises are yours. Just because everyone is being silenced for fear of being attacked as transphobic, don't think there isn't a lot of resistance among all age groups to the idea that there is no such thing as biological sex. The dumb idea that there shouldn't be any gay people and we should all be open to loving the "person" and not the genitalia is your bullshit too.

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Btw, r217, the antiquated generation that you so want to see dead is the one that fought prejudice and discrimination and to get basic civic rights, so you can enjoy legal equality and social acceptance today. That generation is anxious that what they fought so hard to achieve - being able to live our lives as gay people and not having social pressure on us to have relationships with the opposite sex and women's equality - are going to be lost in this mishmash of everyone having to be queer or pan or LGBTIAQ+++ (i.e. saying you're gay is "antiquated") and the word "woman" being defined as anything someone born with a penis wants it to be.

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2018 12:01 PM

Bland, meaningless statements made to reassure straights that it's okay to see this movie--they won't be made uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote]Btw, [R217], the antiquated generation that you so want to see dead is the one that fought prejudice and discrimination and to get basic civic rights, so you can enjoy legal equality and social acceptance today.

Blahblahblah...ENOUGH R218! That doesn’t give you the right to decide who someone wants to fuck, how they want to be perceived, or what THEY choose to call THEMSELVES.

Let me be VERY clear. I will ALWAYS give older generations their due. I have NEVER not done that….with my ethnicity OR sexuality. What I won’t do is let you shit all over the way I choose to live my life. What I won’t do is let you guilt me into thinking in the same antiquated, black and white way you choose to.

….And I don’t care if you issued the Emancipation Proclamation.

Your view of society--gay or otherwise--is dying. It's called evolution. This idea of putting people into neat little boxes to make YOU feel better is in the rearview mirror, man.

Sorry...it just is. You can either accept that...or turn into your parents bitching about Elvis. And it seems that you've already made that decision.

by Anonymousreply 221October 28, 2018 9:23 AM

[quote]I CANNOT wait until YOUR generation dies off. Trust me, the world will be a better place..

[quote]Let me be VERY clear. I will ALWAYS give older generations their due.

That is a what is known as a logical inconsistency - but logic isn't your strong suit, is it?

by Anonymousreply 222October 28, 2018 9:32 AM

yea, brian may and the rest ruined it by firing Cohen......sad

by Anonymousreply 223October 28, 2018 9:36 AM

NOPE R222. Not trans and it's not illogical AT ALL. Just because I have no problem honoring your contribution doesn’t mean that I have to enjoy the constant negativity and bullshit your generation brings. I stand by my statement.

I mean...is that all you got?

by Anonymousreply 224October 28, 2018 9:43 AM

Malek looks as druggie as old Freddie....pity he has no starpower

by Anonymousreply 225October 28, 2018 10:04 AM

"That doesn’t give you the right to decide who someone wants to fuck, how they want to be perceived, or what THEY choose to call THEMSELVES."

So, r221, you therefore oppose those people with penises who call themselves lesbians and insist that "cis" lesbians must sleep with them and play with their dicks, otherwise they are transphobic.

You support my choice to call myself a lesbian and reject terms such as "LGBT" and "queer" as something I do not want any part of.

You support gay people's right to love only people of their own sex and oppose pressure on them to have relationships with people of the opposite sex for fear of being accused of "putting people into neat little boxes" and being seen as "antiquated".

by Anonymousreply 226October 28, 2018 1:31 PM

Some of the eldergays on here seem to be up in arms about Malek's comments but the simple fact remains: people no longer have to be defined by their sexuality. In the past gays might have had to come together for protection and a sense of "community" but with gay culture becoming more and more mainstream this is no longer necessary.

The younger generation no longer need to feel constrained by being labelled "gay" if they have same sex attraction.

by Anonymousreply 227October 28, 2018 10:06 PM

"Do you see Britney Spears is a gay icon?" "Hmm, I don't think there's a reason it, uh, requires another adjective."

by Anonymousreply 228October 28, 2018 10:25 PM

*as

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2018 10:25 PM

ide love to see it, but will wait for HBO cause rami does zero for me.

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2018 10:27 PM

R227, the elder and younger gays here are not "up in arms" about people "not defining" themselves, but about the degaying of a specific individual who would very much be an eldergay if he were still alive today. Freddie Mercury was gay - the eldergays know exactly why he could never fully come out of the closet in the 70s and 80s, especially in the music industry. When even the woman who is pushed as the "evidence" that he was bisexual or didn't like being "labelled" told him he was gay and not bisexual, then he was definitely gay and not anything else.

By the way, all the "I don't like labels" and "I don't want to be defined" and "I don't want to be put in a box" was used when I was a young 'un too - by those who were just coming out of the closet and still felt uncomfortable about their sexuality. Once they'd been out for a while, however, they invariably dropped the "I don't like labels" waffle and were happy to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 231October 29, 2018 7:32 PM

R227 Heteronormalized twat who hates being seen as 'only' gay as he is so much more.....

by Anonymousreply 232October 29, 2018 8:27 PM

R227 You say "the younger generation no longer need to feel constrained by being labelled "gay".

Now is now and then was then.

Show some respect! Freddie was around 20 years ago and he wanted to break free!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 29, 2018 9:39 PM

I'm ready for my Oscar, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 29, 2018 10:04 PM

R233, Freddie wasn't around 20 years ago, he was dead then. He was around 50 years, 40 years and 30 years ago, not a time when it was easy to be out as exclusively gay. Even today it isn't. Who are today's out gay pop/rock/hip hop stars?

by Anonymousreply 235October 29, 2018 10:28 PM

Troye Sivan R235

by Anonymousreply 236October 29, 2018 10:40 PM

R236 The current arrangement of out gay pop/rock stars include Elton Hohn, Troye Sivan (who I've never heard), lots of semi-famous Brit stars, that retired singer from Brisbane, a bunch of nobodies and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 237October 29, 2018 11:07 PM

Precisely r235/r236, even today the number of out gay pop/rock stars is barely a handful, so why should anyone expect a singer from 30-40 years ago to have been out and proud as specifically gay when in today's supposedly more liberated times practically no one is.

by Anonymousreply 238October 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Malek has an identical twin brother. A photo is shown on this Graham Norton clip. Also in the clip is Chris Pine sitting next to Malek. Pine is one year older than Malek, but looks a decade and a half older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 29, 2018 11:37 PM

That sad though if true, that Freddy infected Jim Hutton. He was really adorable. I mean, why do that at all?

by Anonymousreply 240October 29, 2018 11:38 PM

R239 Wow, how charmless is Rami?

by Anonymousreply 241October 29, 2018 11:43 PM

^ Wow, he is both charmless and as bug-eyed as Jeff Goldbloom (who made his reputation playing a bug)

by Anonymousreply 242October 29, 2018 11:46 PM

R236, Troye Sivan is not very mainstream. He has only ever had one song in the US Top 40.

Sam Smith is the only real current mainstream gay singer of today.

Harry Styles is someone we can reasonably infer as being bi from that Medicine song and the bisexual lighting.

Black people are majorly overly represented on the music charts relative to their population. Most of today’s black music is just garbage.

by Anonymousreply 243October 30, 2018 12:05 AM

The no labels douche needs to get over himself.

by Anonymousreply 244October 30, 2018 12:12 AM

R239, Rami's indetical twin brother is a lot better looking than him.

by Anonymousreply 245October 30, 2018 12:26 AM

^ indetical = identical

by Anonymousreply 246October 30, 2018 3:13 AM

R245 The twin has never had to work with Mrs Singer, that would age anyone

by Anonymousreply 247October 30, 2018 4:02 AM

A datalounget here even said he fucked trannies in brazil as well. I think he was bi

by Anonymousreply 248October 30, 2018 4:14 AM

hutton died from aids?

by Anonymousreply 249October 30, 2018 5:29 AM

R249 Yes, years later though.

by Anonymousreply 250October 30, 2018 6:11 AM

R234 He better be ready for the Esquire article due to drop soon....

by Anonymousreply 251October 30, 2018 6:14 AM

No, he was HIV-positive, but died of cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 30, 2018 6:20 AM

Rami is an asshole and is fucking annoying. ugly bug eyes too.

by Anonymousreply 253October 30, 2018 6:38 AM

What the fuck would Rami know about Freddie Mercury? He would have been still been in nappies and having his arse wiped by his mother when Mercury passed away.

by Anonymousreply 254October 30, 2018 7:04 AM

Rami probably got his info from Brian May -- who else?--whose control over the movie ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 255October 30, 2018 7:41 AM

Rami Malik just want Freddie Mercury to be bi so he can say I didn’t play a gay man in a movie l he’s in the closet that Rami

by Anonymousreply 256October 30, 2018 8:12 AM

The heavy makeup can't disguise this new kid's bug eyes.

by Anonymousreply 257October 30, 2018 8:25 AM

R226 Dude (I don’t care about your gender), what are you EVEN talking about?

I don’t know if you’re simply reaching because I drop kicked you with my earlier replies and you’re trying to save face or what, BUT what I posted is very clear. You and your crazy can interpret it until the cows come home, but if I didn’t specifically post it, there’s a pretty good chance that you’re making baseless assumptions. I don’t care what gender you claim to be or what appendenge you decide to stick into where. My point is people don’t have to fit into any category that they don’t want to. Thank you, period, THE END. Why is that so hard for people like you to grasp? ESPECIALLY, when it has no effect on YOUR life. You sound like a goddamn Republican.

[quote][R227], the elder and younger gays here are not "up in arms" about people "not defining" themselves

But you are CLEARLY “up in arms” about people "not defining" themselves.

[quote]but about the degaying of a specific individual who would very much be an eldergay if he were still alive today.

My posts are not about people who CLEARLY define themselves. Anybody familiar with Mercury knows that HE considered himself a gay man. I’m talking about people who DO NOT define themselves in black and white terms. Why is that so threatening to older gays?

Y’know...despite my posts, I’m NOT an ageist. I’m just being reactionary and defensive. I just really hate people--whatever age, creed, color, etc--that cannot mind their own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 258October 30, 2018 11:21 AM

This is an interesting interview with Brian May and Roger Taylor a week after Freddie Mercury's death (second part is in another video). They were trying to counter the overly-lurid (and homophobic) tabloid coverage of Mercury's life. I suppose if they want to stress the aspects of his life that were more 'normal' and settled, it's understandable, if not (from today's perspective) entirely satisfactory. However, they are pretty adamant in the interview about not skirting around the fact that he was gay and that it's not a character failing (as the papers were portraying it), and neither was having AIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 30, 2018 12:25 PM

R258 is a complete idiot and doesn't realise that, rather than being bowled over by his stunning arguments, we think he's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 260October 30, 2018 12:37 PM

He had a relationship with Barbara Valentin, the German Jane Mansfield, which may or may not have been sexual and he had a girlfriend in his 20s.

But undeniably he was gay and decidedly so.

Don't know how people get all worked up about the idea that FM could have had sex with women a few times in his life or that he had long lasting friendships with women.

by Anonymousreply 261October 30, 2018 1:03 PM

r52 poor deluded bitch. I may have been off by the year, but you don't get to play games. I was there for a number of years. Now why don't you crawl back into your bitter, repressed catholic guilt corner of the bar and suck some dick and then flame about how your were attacked some more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 30, 2018 2:21 PM

r156 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 263October 30, 2018 2:26 PM

Well after Rami was mean to that black woman last night on that phone video he is OVER.

Twitter rightly DESTROYED him last night.

by Anonymousreply 264October 30, 2018 3:50 PM

That whole controversy was so silly, R264. Fans don't have "the right" to a photo with a celebrity let alone start bossing them around like a publicist ("say hi to my friend - no, do it again - that wasn't right"). That way madness lies.

by Anonymousreply 265October 30, 2018 4:49 PM

Rami just isn't hairy enough to play Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 266October 30, 2018 5:37 PM

R264 What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 267October 30, 2018 7:58 PM

One of my customers today, some dry-ass Boomer white guy, said he just saw BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY and hated it because he thought it was "targeted at women". I asked him to elaborate and he couldn't explain why he felt that. That said he also said he was more a fan of Status Quo and thought Queen were pablum.

I saw it on the weekend with my parents and while they loved it/got chills etc. I damn near fell asleep in the third act. I also felt like it pussied out of the gay reality of Mercury's life and struggles with drinking/drugs.

So in conclusion it's a movie that tried to please everyone and yet pleases no-one.

by Anonymousreply 268October 30, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote] [R264] What did he do?

Nothing that huge of a deal. A fan wanted to record him saying hi to her friends. He refused, but said he'd pose for a photograph with her instead. Then he realised the phone was set for video and not still photography, so he took the phone from her and was trying to switch it to photo mode. He was cranky, but it's not like he spewed racial epithets or called her a cunt, or anything.

by Anonymousreply 269October 30, 2018 11:49 PM

Congratulations, R221, we got together and voted you Cunt of the Year on DL. Wear that sash proudly. Maybe your "ethnic" pioneers will do the same for you on their end.

by Anonymousreply 270October 31, 2018 1:51 AM

Where is Sacha? Movie needs him.

by Anonymousreply 271October 31, 2018 2:05 AM

"Bohemian Rhapsody" Sells A Sanitized Vision Of Freddie Mercury

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 31, 2018 2:10 AM

I predict Sasha Baron Cohen will win an Oscar someday for sure. It's in there waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 273October 31, 2018 2:13 AM

I'm not a big fan of Sacha Baron Cohen, but I agree he would have been perfect for this film if it had been made ten years ago. I remember reading an interview Cohen did shortly after he left the project, where he stated that it was his disagreements with Brian May that made him walk away.

by Anonymousreply 274October 31, 2018 2:28 AM

Rami was wrong.

When you are the star of one of 20th Century Fox's major fall releases, and you are in Manhattan for key media appearances right before opening weekend, you just smile and act like everyone is your best friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 31, 2018 4:24 AM

God he's so weird.

by Anonymousreply 276October 31, 2018 5:09 AM

[quote] he's so weird.

He's not weird. He loves Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 277October 31, 2018 5:54 AM

Say what you will about Cohen but we all know he would have been perfect for this role.

by Anonymousreply 278October 31, 2018 6:26 AM

I've been involved in gender studies for decades and I don't remember anyone ever saying "so-and-so didn't want to be categorized or labeled" before about 2012 or so. The sooner this truism dies, the better.

by Anonymousreply 279October 31, 2018 10:27 AM

R273 I predict Sasha Baron Cohen will win an Oscar someday for sure. It's in there waiting to happen.

Whishaw too

by Anonymousreply 280November 7, 2018 1:57 AM

seemed like a movie of the week

too glossy

whre was the shit bout his wild gay life.

bummer.

by Anonymousreply 281November 7, 2018 3:00 AM

Funny how it's always "He/She didn't want to be labelled", "He/She was probably fluid" or (one of my favorites) "Gay, lesbian and homosexual are anachronistic descriptors"* when the subject is historical gay men and lesbians, but when it comes to the rest of the alphabet soup, then their sexual orientation and "gender identity" are 100% self-evident and span the entire history of humanity; Mulan was trans, Joan of Arc was trans, Wilde was bi/pan, Whitman was bi/pan, etc.

*Because obviously zebras didn't exist until the word appeared in the 1600s.

by Anonymousreply 282November 7, 2018 3:01 AM

dumb as fuk they not show freddies gay nutty side.

movie too drained of the real life/facts

by Anonymousreply 283November 7, 2018 5:30 AM

Is this film the real life?

Is this film just fantasy?

by Anonymousreply 284November 7, 2018 6:06 AM

Is it sposed to be a cartoony take off on his life?

lies lies lies

by Anonymousreply 285November 7, 2018 11:39 AM

Er... Have ANY of you actually watched the film?

by Anonymousreply 286November 7, 2018 1:36 PM

Freddie was straight, because he was married to a woman and she inherited his money. He loved her very much. She was the only person he ever loved.

by Anonymousreply 287November 7, 2018 2:44 PM

He never married her. As in the film she told him that he wasn't bi, he was gay. She also didn't inherit all his estate as it was spread across a few people.

by Anonymousreply 288November 7, 2018 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!