Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Gotye?

Remember this birdlike songster? Wherever did he go?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2018 3:37 AM

God, I hated that stupid song.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 12:40 AM

Op, it’s “WHET”, you stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 12:41 AM

He's got a big mouth. Surely that can be useful.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 12:56 AM

Is Gotye pronounced "gotcha"?

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 12:57 AM

He's someone that I used to know.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 12:58 AM

Goat?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 2:41 AM

Every few years one of those comes along, and annoys us for what seems like forever: James Blunt, Daniel Powter (BTW, WHET him??), Gotye... In reality, they are one-hit wonders but that one hit is usually like herpes until everybody realizes how shit it was in the first place and tries to quickly forget about it. Unfortunately, Ed Sheeran is like a cockroach, he simply refuses to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 2:52 AM

I give him credit for being an artist who won't put out music unless he feels it's really good. We have enough crappy music out, artists shouldn't feel obligated to release every couple years.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 2:58 AM

"WHET Gotye"

The more talented half of the duo, Kimbra, has moved on -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 3:04 AM

I still love that song

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 3:47 AM

He is one of the sweetest guys I ever worked with. He was never comfortable with fame and shies away from it all still. He never expected that song to be that big.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 4:22 AM

My understanding was that he had a big following before the song and still does.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 4:51 AM

I love the song too. And this one too. 3/4 billion views must mean he's not a complete obscurity?

When the old gays go on about James Taylor, Harry Chapin or the awful Carly Simon I guess they were like these guys. Emotionally resonant songs with good hooks that people tire of and later find simplistic storytelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 4:58 AM

Is Lukas Graham Gotye's real name?

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 5:02 AM

I like r13.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2018 5:03 AM

I love the song and the video. And he's very cute.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2018 5:20 AM

Didn’t they do the song in Glee ?

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2018 5:29 AM

Is he related to KanYe?

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2018 5:29 AM

Live:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 7:12 AM

R4 it's pronounced like goatee-yay, or at least that's how I once heard a radio dj pronounce it.

R14 his real name is Wouter "Wally" De Backer. He's part Aussie, part Belgian, hence the weird name. The name "Gotye" is apparently a respelling of "Gauthier", the French cognate of his first name Wouter.

While we're on the subject of one-hit wonder indie rockers, who remembers butterface Gavin Degraw? Goofy face but he appeared to have a pretty nice body in the Chariot music vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 7:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 7:55 AM

R20 I loved Gavin DeGraw! Big fan of his song "Follow Through". And he did have a great body!

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 8:21 AM

I was never a fan of Glee and barely know who Darren Criss is but the performance in that clip is really good. Was Matt his boyfriend? The flashback looks like they were brothers. Is that Matt singing or dubbed?

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 8:31 AM

Did his label just give up on him?

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 8:34 AM

He bought a chalet in Verbier, neighbors with James Blunt, and often invites his uncle Goatse. They all have cocktails with Sarah and the girls. Fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 9:26 AM

[quote]who remembers butterface Gavin Degraw? Goofy face but he appeared to have a pretty nice body in the Chariot music vid

[quote][R20] I loved Gavin DeGraw! Big fan of his song "Follow Through". And he did have a great body!

Where did you two see Gavin DeGraw's body? It's not on display in this "Chariot" video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 10:31 AM

He sucked, like American Authors and Paula Cole, and whoever did that "discovery channel" song...and disappeared. But you knew that already OP.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 11:33 AM

What a strange song. Some guy whining like a teenaged girl.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2018 3:26 AM

The Glee version is supposed to be about long lost brothers but it reads like childhood fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2018 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!