Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aunt Jackie gets a boyfriend! Matthew Broderick joins Laurie Metcalf on The Conners

Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2018 2:06 AM

Wow. The chemistry will be sizzling between those two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 8:43 PM

That should add dozens of new viewers.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 8:44 PM

Oh, Matthew! Did Sarah finally start charging you rent? That you had to get a supporting role on a tv show that is about to crash and burn.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 8:54 PM

Last week he also signed up to play the principal in a new Netflix series.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 8:55 PM

Someone's hard up.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2018 8:56 PM

Someone is ready to have some fun, you mean. Theatre people respect Laurie, John, and Matthew as competent and sometimes thrilling actors. They can fly back and forth together, and then put on Roseanne, the Musical with Rosie O'Donald.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 8:58 PM

what?

why?

who?

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 7:13 AM

Money well spent

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 7:23 AM

This seems like a step down for him but then again he is getting up in age and not as in demand any more

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 7:26 AM

[quote]This seems like a step down for him but then again he is getting up in age and not as in demand any more

When I was his age, I had just completed filming five seasons (86 episodes) of Family. And I had to put up with Sada "I Get Top Billing" Thompson, Meredith Lesbian Baxter, Kristy Butch McNichol, Gary "I'm the sex on the show" Frank and fucking Quinn Cummings.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2018 8:01 PM

Is he fat? Because that actress is one of the worst looking actors in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2018 8:06 PM

Jackie really is a lesbian to go for that puff-faced, bonbon-eating she-male. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2018 8:09 PM

I am a fan of his, from the 80s. I really like him and John Goodman...so I might watch the show because of them.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2018 8:13 PM

She just needs to tone down her ridiculous facial expressions on the show. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2018 8:47 PM

They should do an episode where the Conners come to NYC and run into the glam Sex & the City gals. Matthew and SJP could meet cute and have a spin-off series.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote]They should do an episode where the Conners come to NYC and run into the glam Sex & the City gals.

Or the Sex & City gals go to Lanford and meet Booker and Fisher and Fred.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2018 8:55 PM

Yeah R14.. She's a little too over the top with the quirkiness. It's ridiculous and she's too old for that. Jackie wasn't that crazy in the original Rosanne. I like Matthew Broderick. I liked his movies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Glory.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2018 8:58 PM

The predictable reaction things like what ? why? who ? are so hmmmm….. predictable. The poster knows who the person in question is, but gives pretense of cool by being ignorant of the person. " Pointless bitchery" indeed, on my part, at least.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2018 9:01 PM

Aren't Goodman and Broderick both closeted? Should be interesting

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2018 9:24 PM

The writing’s bad.

The direction’s bad.

The acting’s bad because everyone is overcompensating for the bad writing and direction.

Same as the first reboot.

Does anyone think of the audience anymore? How much we know about television and movies and family dynamics and humor and current events?

Enjoy your paychecks, jerks.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2018 11:00 PM

R18.....HUH?

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2018 11:07 PM

Ive always liked Matthew. It’s weird though how young Matthew and old Matthew don’t seem like the same person; I watched one of his old movies recently and it was a bit of a shock to be reminded of how adorable and swoon-y he was. It’s like he became asexual and harmless once he turned 30

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2018 11:25 PM

I always thought the character of Jackie was a lesbian. She was a cop and a truck driver, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2018 12:35 AM

Matthew has been bumped to recurring for The Conners. It's not a one-off now.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2018 12:41 AM

IS this like when Vincent Price guest-starred on THE BRADY BUNCH?

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2018 1:20 AM

Ratings for The Connors dropped by about 25% from the first episode. It's poisoning the entire night for the network.

Its declines carried over to the rest of ABC’s Tuesday series. New comedy The Kids Are Alright (1.1, 5.1 million) was down 21% in the demo from its debut last week, black-ish (0.9, 3.8 million) dipped a tenth, while sophomore Splitting Up Together (0.7, 2.9 million) and newbie The Rookie (0.8, 4.4 million) each slipped two tenths.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2018 1:56 AM

Ferris Beuller's Off Night?

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2018 1:58 AM

This is why the reboot is awful. Jackie dated George Clooney, then Gary who left her when she was a cop, then Fisher who beat her, then ugly ass Fred who gave her a kid we never hear about now, then she dated a prince after winning the lotto, then she cane out as lesbian and now she’s dating Matthew Broderick. Also Jackie was like the fourth lead originally

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2018 2:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!