Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GIRLS Beauty Zosia Mamet to headline the Tales of the City reboot with Ellen Page

Girls vet Zosia Mamet is the latest TV vet boarding Netflix’s forthcoming 10-episode revival of Tales of the City, TVLine has learned. The actress will play the recurring role of Claire Duncan, a driven documentarian who has a burgeoning relationship with Ellen Page’s Shawna that catches them both off guard. The fourth TV chapter of Armistead Maupin’s LGBT-themed, San Francisco-set series (following the landmark 1993 version and the “sequels” More Tales of the City and Further Tales of the City) finds Laura Linney’s Mary Ann — in full-tilt midlife crisis mode — returning home to her daughter (Page) and ex-husband Brian (Paul Gross) in San Francisco, 20 years after leaving them behind to pursue her career.

ADVERTISING

The cast also includes Tales vets Olympia Dukakis (Anna), Barbara Garrick (DeDe), as well as franchise newbies Murray Bartlett (Looking) and Charlie Barnett (Chicago Fire). Maupin previously revealed that the latest edition of Tales would be set in present-day San Francisco and feature new “joys and complications… for the residents of 28 Barbary Lane,” adding that “Mrs. Madrigal’s tenants, both old and new, will be entangled in delicious new adventures and ever-expanding possibilities for love.” Production on Tales of the City is currently underway in New York City. If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our weekly newsletter. Click here to subscribe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2021 11:30 PM

Somehow I don't see Zosia Mamet fitting into this show.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 7:50 PM

Fuck. I told him to pull out.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 7:59 PM

I wonder how Zah-shah Mamet got in to Hollywood?

Was it her biting wit, her exquisite acting ability, her glowing personality, her gorgeous looks, her wonderful voice, her overwhelming charisma ... or was it something else?

By her own confession, she spent her entire childhood in a bad mood whilst throwing up in the bathroom with a major eating disorder and wasn't taking acting classes working on her craft.

How did she get her big break? How did she get an agent? Probably her work ethic and never say die attitude to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Zosia Mamet a beauty? I'm sure the OP was kidding because, um... no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 8:05 PM

She looks like Melissa Rivers uglier sister.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2018 8:19 PM

She's a capable actress and hardly an embarrassment. She'll probably age into a quirky character actress.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 8:19 PM

"Beauty"?

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2018 8:34 PM

Did sense of humor depart DL this morning? Of course OP was joking.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2018 8:35 PM

She's an even odder combo of her two not-very-attractive parents.

Sometimes, plain to ugly people somehow manage to have beautiful children, not in this case.

The blond hair isn't doing her any favors either. She does have nice thick brunette hair.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2018 8:45 PM

Caterpillar eyebrows !!

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2018 8:50 PM

Zosia is Hollywood royalty. Her grandfather was Russell Crouse, writer of The Sound of Music among other things. Her mother, Lindsay Ann Crouse (get it?) led a very privileged life growing up on Park Avenue. And, of course, her father is well established playwright David Mamet.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2018 8:50 PM

If her last name was Manet instead of Mamet, she'd be working at Jerry's Deli as a waitress.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2018 8:59 PM

Uh, god.

Having to look at her ruins everything she's in.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2018 8:59 PM

She's hideous. Can we boycott?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2018 9:04 PM

R9 Not even attractive parents is a guarantee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2018 9:13 PM

She’s not a bad actress at all and was good in something called ‘Bleeding Heart’ with Jessica Biel.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote]Zosia is Hollywood royalty. Her grandfather was Russell Crouse, writer of The Sound of Music among other things. Her mother, Lindsay Ann Crouse (get it?) led a very privileged life growing up on Park Avenue. And, of course, her father is well established playwright David Mamet.

Most are quite aware of her background. Yet that guarantees nothing, such as the person's level of attractiveness or whether to not they will be as talented as their accomplished famous family members. For many children of the famous, getting work is all about nepotism, nothing more.

That said, I did enjoy Zosia's GIRLS episodes when her character was in Japan. Lens Dunham seemed to go out of her way to make most of her characters annoying and extremely unsympathetic. Since that was the case, performers dealing with those scripts would have to be the world's best actors and actresses. Unfortunately, the acting couldn't transcend the terrible writing.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2018 9:24 PM

I read the book. The casting is pretty dead-on.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2018 11:17 PM

She was born a man

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2018 11:40 PM

She has a very hot and talented husband Evan Jonigkeit, so suck it, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]She’s not a bad actress at all

Competent acting is actually not that difficult and there are plenty of children of accountants and nurses who could probably do just as good a job if not better than she does. She gets the parts because she knows the right people - that's the only reason.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2018 11:45 PM

The lovely couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2018 11:50 PM

The only thing I know her from is her guest appearance on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, where she and her real life husband play godawful trust fund hipsters from Texas who invade Kimmy's neighborhood with the intention to gentrify it. I kept thinking they were unbearably annoying to look at. She does have caterpillar eyebrows, and her husband has some quality about him that makes me want to punch my television. I should have known she got where she is via nepotism and that her big break was acting alongside Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 12:34 AM

[quote]She has a very hot and talented husband Evan Jonigkeit, so suck it, bitches!

If you think that bizarre looking man is "very hot", time to book an appointment with an ophthalmologist. A regular optometrist visit won't be enough!

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 12:46 AM

[Quote]Competent acting is actually not that difficult

As someone that has been involved in amateur filmmaking and community theater, finding acting talent which can honestly be described as competent is harder than you think.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 12:46 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]As someone that has been involved in amateur filmmaking and community theater, finding acting talent which can honestly be described as competent is harder than you think.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 12:53 AM

Lindsay Crouse was attractive AND a fine actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2018 1:09 AM

R28 found the most attractive photo of Lindsay Crouse in existence.

She pings so damn hard. How is she not a lesbian?

Zosia needs to stay brunette. The thing is, I believe that there is a shade of blonde for absolutely any woman. The likelihood of most of them actually finding it is slim to none, though. Very few can pull off a platinum,especially if they weren’t born blonde.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2018 2:12 AM

Is she not a natural blonde?

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 2:19 AM

No, Sylvia dear, Check out below.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]found the most attractive photo of Lindsay Crouse in existence.

I worked with Lindsay Crouse on a project. She's nice enough looking. Her acting is so-so. It depends on what the role is. In real life, she's a major airhead. She's told a story about her divorce from Mamet. They were in the court room and the divorce was settled. He got up, went over to her, stuck out his hand, shooks her and said, "Good luck" and walked out the door. She said she sat there stunned and crying. I guess he was ready to move on and she didn't know how to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2018 2:58 AM

Is Zosia close with the wife who replaced Lindsey? I can’t remember her name. Mamet put her in all his films and she was wooden as shit.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2018 3:01 AM

Do you mean Rebecca the Pidgeon?

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2018 3:04 AM

Crouse eventually stopped crying and found a terrific lawyer: the divorce settlement reportedly gave her the rights to "American Buffalo" and other early Mamet plays.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]Crouse eventually stopped crying and found a terrific lawyer: the divorce settlement reportedly gave her the rights to "American Buffalo" and other early Mamet plays.

My daughters, Zosia and Willa, had to eat! And they sure as hell weren't getting my cut from The Sound of Music.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2018 3:11 AM

Mamet pouts whenever American Buffalo is revived.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2018 3:14 AM

That’s one homely ass broad.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2018 3:26 AM

They boyfriend looks like he could have a big dick. She probably shuts her eyes and thinks of Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2018 3:33 AM

When ZM showed up on Mad Men, she was so homely and couldn't act worth shit. I figured she must be someone's relative. I Googled her and lo and behold she was! Sometimes you can spot nepotistic hires right away.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2018 4:03 AM

Lindsay Crouse always had such a sporty lez thing going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2018 4:07 AM

She could play PJ Harvey in a bio pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2018 4:09 AM

Assumed she was trans from OP’s post

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2018 4:10 AM

Very sporty Lindsay gets a makeover in Slapshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2018 4:38 AM

R44, and the highlight of the scene was where Jennifer Warren tells Lindsay that with a little bit of make up "you could look like Cher."

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2018 4:48 AM

haha Well, not quite Cher. But a post-makeover glam shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 4:53 AM

In OP's pic, it looks like Ivanka Trump had a kid with Melissa Etheridge.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote] Lindsay Ann Crouse (get it)?

Sorry I don’t! Can someone explain the joke? And gimme some dirt on that awful Pidgeon woman.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2018 11:29 AM

Calling some a beauty doesn't make it happen. She's ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2018 11:47 AM

Sorry DL bitches her husband looks totally gay!

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2018 12:34 PM

Zosia Mamet is so dang hot, I'm queer as a three dollar bill, but I'd fuck her!

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Lindsay's first name was in honor of Howard Lindsay, the playwrighting partner of her father Russell Crouse. Together Lindsay and Crouse wrote the very long-running hit Life With Father, as well as the libretto for The Sound of Music.

So, even without David Mamet's royalties, Lindsay Crouse (get it now, r48?) would be making some good money.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 1:04 PM

I worked on a Mamet revival in NY. Once he gave us the rights, he was incredibly hands off, never came to rehearsals, declined to answer questions about the characters' motivations, and stayed in the back of the house during previews and never came to the opening. But he gave us the most fabulous opening night gifts.

On the rare times we chatted, he wanted to talk about anything other than his play. He was most interested in showing off the expensive new clothes he'd bought for himself.

Strange fellow!

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2018 1:09 PM

R46, wasn't she the lucky gal dating Michael Ontkean in that?

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Girls Beauty ! isn’t that a far stretch for her ?

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2018 2:03 PM

Since when do actors need to be pretty?

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2018 4:07 PM

[quote]Sorry I don’t! Can someone explain the joke?

As r52 pointed out, Lindsay's father, Russell Crouse, was writing partner with Howard Lindsay. So when she was born, Russell decided to enshrine their writing team into her name, thus Linsday & Crouse (her middle name is Ann to signify and).

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2018 4:19 PM

I saw Zosia Mamet in her play in NYC back in 2013 or 2014 or whenever it was. She's about 5'1" in person without heels. And quite "simian" in features.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2018 6:12 PM

[quote] Lindsay's father, Russell Crouse, was writing partner with Howard Lindsay. So when she was born, Russell decided to enshrine their writing team into her name

Were they lovers?

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]Were they lovers?

You decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2018 8:12 PM

Tea baggers if not lovers.

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2018 11:38 PM

She has such a simian look about her. Horribly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2018 1:38 PM

Are you saying she looks like an ape?

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2018 5:15 PM

The ugly face of nepotism

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2018 5:50 PM

R58-she looks like a Rhesus Monkey.

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2018 8:25 PM

So sick of the weird looking Girls actresses. With the exception of Brian Williams’ daughter, who is gorgeous.

I hate the British one the most. She’s now directing music videos and apparently dating the AWFUL, ironic-Millennial Bruce Springsteen, Alex Cameron from Australia. God he is awful.

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote]I hate the British one the most. She’s now directing music videos and apparently dating the AWFUL, ironic-Millennial Bruce Springsteen, Alex Cameron from Australia. God he is awful.

Are you talking about Jemima Kirke? She's actually quite good looking and has a degree in fine arts painting. She claims to have fallen into acting by accident, she was one of the best things in Lena's film TINY FURNITURE. She's a natural actress. I have no idea who she's dating, except she seems to have moved on quite fast after her divorce!

Her sister. Lola Kirke, is on that series with Gael Bernal Garcia, forgot the name. I'm sure there was some nepotism at work with both of them becoming actresses, though, not sure how much.

Their father is the drummer from 70s rock bands Free and Bad Company, Simon Kirke. Don't know how much that helped either of them get their foot in the showbiz door.

Jemima probably got the TINY FURNITURE and GIRLS gigs because she knew Lens from St. Ann's school in Brooklyn. They're longtime friends.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2018 10:58 PM

Jemima had zero interest in doing GIRLS. Lens convinced her.

by Anonymousreply 68October 27, 2018 1:41 AM

Mamet's kid actually can act. I rememebr seeing her in some pre-Girls thing and she was actually quite good. On Girls, she mostly seemed to function as a naive sight gag.

by Anonymousreply 69October 27, 2018 1:59 AM

I actually think her husband is very hot. But I find Zosia repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 70October 27, 2018 2:03 AM

Her sister Clara is a firecracker. Though she's vanished off the face off the earth.

by Anonymousreply 71October 27, 2018 4:37 AM

Wow, I love Free and Bad Co., R67.

But after Jemima’s association with Alex Cameron, I cannot take her seriously.

I have a hard time taking Millennials seriously anyway, for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 72October 27, 2018 4:44 AM

terminal resting bitch face

by Anonymousreply 73October 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Evan Jonigkeit and someone-not necessarily BS-involved in the making of the X-Men films, he's an okay stage actor but not that talented and his beard, er "wife" ZM and her dad are not so powerful they could automatically get him a role of a character in a Marvel action film, in TV shows they produce are involved in yes but not in a major film.

This queen pings to the end of the universe, if you can't see that your gaydar/bidar is broken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2021 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!