Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Senator Mitch McConnell Confronted at Restaurant by Angry Customers

Senator Mitch McConnell was confronted at restaurant by protesters who threw his doggie bag out the door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2018 3:22 PM

This is counterproductive and feeds into Hair Furor’s narrative. STOP!!!

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Was he eating real turtle soup.....

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2018 2:57 PM

Did someone yell “Beto’s hotter than you, dude”?

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2018 2:57 PM

To be fair, this is the ONE person who really needs to be chased out of all public spaces. The other are bad, but he's the antiChrist

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Someone is going to get killed. These politicians are playing with people's lives. I just know it's coming. People are very angry and desperate at what see happening in this country. And it's coming from the Trump republican side.

We really need to get to moderate politics in this country. And soon.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2018 3:01 PM

All the psycho killers are on the Republican side, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2018 3:05 PM

What about that senator who was shot last year during baseball practice? Wasn't that a Bernie supporter?

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2018 3:10 PM

[quote]This is counterproductive and feeds into Hair Furor’s narrative. STOP!!!

The man is trying to destroy peoples lives, FACT, and for an extra dollar in his pocket. You may have enjoyed being beaten up in the school yard, Hell, you probably said "thank you", we did not.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2018 3:11 PM

Good. He should have all his meals thrown out into the street. Let him eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2018 3:12 PM

Best yet, this happened in Kentucky, not in Washington. Turn the tide, Kentucky!

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2018 3:13 PM

MORE!

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2018 3:15 PM

He should have had Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2018 3:18 PM

Kill the fucker

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2018 3:19 PM

I'm surprised he goes out without security. He's really bold. He must not understand just how much he's hated in this country.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2018 3:23 PM

I think he's hot!

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Was his wife wack wife defending him again. We all know McConnell is a scary bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2018 3:26 PM

I agree 100% with the anger and the causes for that anger, BUT, I'd like an investigation on whether these people are on the Russian & Repug payroll.

Democrats are held to a different standard then Repugs. That's not right, fair, or logical, but it's the truth. And that's true even in the face of that repulsive, ignorant, bigoted, asshole Trump. Yes, believe your unbelieving eyes and and ears- Trump and his henchmen and henchwomen are given a pass. I like to think it's because nothing more is expected of them

But still, whether we like it or not, this shit DOES give pause to stupid independents and stupid wavering Republicans, on whether or not to vote Democratic.

While I understand it, I'm against this shit. The Dems don't need the already polarized and energized to vote We can't scare away potential Dem voters who, because of Trump fatigue are inclined to vote Dem.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2018 3:29 PM

People who support (like R8) this are obvious Russian trolls.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2018 3:31 PM

Smooches, Della!

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2018 3:32 PM

My emotional response is "good!" He really abrogated his responsibilities to this country. But anything physical IS counterproductive. Give him a piece of your mind (he works for us) and don't hold back. But don't get in his space.

And also...VOTE.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2018 3:33 PM

I think that the liberals are the real uncivilized deplorables and should be held accountable for their actions and prosecuted to the fullest extent. Liberals are simply crazy pathetic communists without morals. Leave our country if you don’t like it! Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2018 3:34 PM

Forgot to add, it's been credibly reported that TMZ's Harvey Levin is reported to be on the phone with Trump weekly for at least a couple of hours filling him in on all the dirt too hot for even TMZ to handle.

I believe that. because, what's not to believe about that?

Levin and Trump up each others assholes.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2018 3:34 PM

back at 'ya, r19.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2018 3:35 PM

Fuck Mitchell McConnell, he always looks like he's melting. I can't believe he has the nerve to go out in public and dine. He really is out of touch. What the fuck is wrong with people in Kentucky? Vote McConnell out of power NOW!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2018 3:40 PM

Someone should have thrown hot coffee in his face.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2018 3:46 PM

Being nice and taking the high road has not gotten Democrats very far. They are seen as weak by the Rethugs.

R21 You are either a Russian troll or very very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2018 3:47 PM

I agree with R1 and Della.

I’d love to see someone really go after these people with something of the awfulness and carelessness they show everyone else. But it does always seem to get turned around on liberals somehow. The current republican reality is that THEY are the persecuted. These even very mild attacks feed into their delusion and only insure them.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Agree with you, r26 when you right "Being nice and taking the high road has not gotten Democrats very far." I too get frustrated by the Dems bringing a wooden spoon to a knife fight.

But I'm speaking of effective, trenchant, to the point, eviscerating political rhetoric, not this counterproductive shit.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2018 3:50 PM

You are no better than r21. Idiot lefty meet idiot rightwinger.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2018 3:51 PM

Meant Inspire them@R27, not insure them

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2018 3:58 PM

This plays right into Trump's depiction of Democrats as 'mob rule." It's the surest way to get the Republicans re-elected. Accomplishes nothing, except to make the man confronting McConnell appear to be a ranting lunatic. Nothing constructive came out of the Red Hen restaurant incident with Sanders. Nothing constructive will come of this.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2018 3:59 PM

Della is generally right except when it comes to green and yellow.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2018 4:02 PM

What kind of restaurant was that? Kinda cheap looking for a senator.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2018 4:10 PM

R21...You smell like cheap vodka.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2018 4:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing, r34. It looks like a Denny's.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2018 4:13 PM

Oh, and Senator, just one more thing: love your suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2018 4:14 PM

GREAT but listen to all the stupid fucking CUNTS telling the guy to STFU "we don't care!" THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM!

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2018 4:16 PM

One should always treat rich and powerful white men with unctuous respect. Please avert your eyes

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Glad to see that guy is white. Maybe there is hope for some people in Kentucky who are beginning to realize what a total evil douchebag Mitchie Poo is.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2018 4:17 PM

Has stoning been abolished? Pity.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2018 4:17 PM

I get it. People are upset and frustrated, but someone like Mitch McConnell has no soul and it doesn't bother him. He's not going to have a eureka moment and suddenly have compassion for people who are struggling just to get through each day just because he was confronted in public. Look at what happened with Jeff Flake. For one brief moment I thought that those women really got through to him, but in the end, he sided with the devil. The only way to make a difference is to vote. However, I do think that orderly protests can be inspiring and give people a sense that they are not alone, even if they don't participate in the protest. It let's them know that there are thousands that feel the way they do.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2018 4:28 PM

Cabbage Patch Kid mouth and eyes coupled with turtle chin and neck is quite creepy. Unfortunate evil closet-case he is.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote]Leave our country if you don’t like it! Jeez!

A) a majority of Liberals were born here, so it's our country too, troll.

B) only the elderly, who adore corniness in all its forms, say, "Jeez!"

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2018 4:48 PM

A pie in the face.. meh. A check for $50K..yeah

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2018 5:09 PM

Mitch McConnell's actions, especially regarding the judiciary I, have been egregious. The young man screaming in the video above has to live in the world McConnell is making. If the young man is upset and frustrated, I don't blame him for feeling that way. It is very polite to send a letter to your Senator, but no one believes those letters are actually read by the addressee. Why should Mitch McConnell not hear first hand how the people feel? Why should he be free to move about unmolested, as if he were a decent and respectful human being.

Let then eat their every God damn meal at a Republican Country Club, or let McConnell and his cunt wife take their chances with the people they have so grievously wronged.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2018 5:23 PM

OP is a Repub troll and a Kavanaugh defender.

The political threads he starts are meant to put Democrats to be on the defense.

[quote]**BREAKING** Chuck Grassley Claims That Dr Ford’s Ex-Boyfriend Witnessed Her Coaching Witness On How To Take Polygraph Test

[quote]Ford’s Ex-Boyfriend Witnessed Her Coaching Witness On How To Take Polygraph Test

[quote]Outside counsel in Kavanaugh hearings argues Ford case weak on legal grounds

[quote]Only 46% of white American women believe Dr. Ford

[quote]The supreme hypocrisy of Democrats' Kavanaugh strategy

[quote]Dershowitz: 'All the rules are called off' when the left accuses a white man of sexual offenses

[quote]Trump: “It’s a very scary time for young men in America.”

[quote]Yep.

[quote]Collins On Kavanaugh: Activists Tried To Buy My Vote

[quote]White House Finds No Support in FBI Report for Claims Against Kavanaugh

[quote]Well that’s over.

[quote]DERSHOWITZ: IMPEACHING KAVANAUGH WOULD BE FOOLISH, UNCONSTITUTIONAL

[quote]New midterm polls show repub enthusiasm is picking up-are we really fucked again?

[quote]Trump Attacks ‘Horseface’ Stormy Daniels

[quote]Lindsey Graham: I’m Taking the Cherokee DNA Test Because ‘I Think I Can Beat’ Elizabeth Warren – WATCH

[quote]**BREAKING** Judge throws out Stormy Daniels’s defamation lawsuit against Trump

[quote]Poll: Indicted GOP Rep. Chris Collins holds slim lead in New York House race

[quote]Trump Attacks “Phony Pocahontas” Elizabeth Warren

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2018 5:23 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2018 5:25 PM

OP had a rare slip when he defended Kavanaugh.

[quote]-- CNN Exclusive: Judge Kavanaugh's Accuser Wants FBI Investigation Before Testifying

[quote][bold]He’s guilty because he has an R after his name. Al Franken and co are totally innocent though. [[R125]], Democrats are desperate to get rid of Kavanaugh. They couldn’t care less if it’s true or not. This is all they have. Spare me the “think of the poor woman” routine when this board calls women and the MeToo movement every name in the book. It’s only when it’s convenient do posters suddenly side with the alleged victim.

[quote]When is DNC chairman Keith Ellison going to step down? Dems don’t have a leg to stand on. [/bold]

[quote]--- "All Kamala Haris has to do is ask to see his calendar the day of the hearing and see if he wrote any entry in it. If it's not there, he's outta there."

[quote][bold]Oh, is Kamala gonna pretend to know something again and then come up with nothing for the three billionth time? Give me a break. Diane Frankenstein needs her old ass kicked out of the party for sitting on this shit. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2018 5:25 PM

When a thread like this is stared by a Repub, it has quite a different meaning:

[quote]Senator Mitch McConnell Confronted at Restaurant by Angry Customers

[quote]Senator Mitch McConnell was confronted at restaurant by protesters who threw his doggie bag out the door.

Think, DL-ers.

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2018 5:27 PM

Agreed, R46! I tried to post something but was deleted because... well, just look at R47

This is all made up by the Republicans and the OP is just a troll. They're really too many of these unwashed Republican trolls here on DL these days.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2018 5:28 PM

If the doggie bag was for the dog, why punish the dog?

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2018 5:28 PM

When a thread like this is started by a Repub, it has quite a different meaning:

[quote]Owners Of OUT Magazine and the ADVOCATE Have Donated To Anti-LGBT Republicans

[quote]Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2018 5:29 PM

I love these people. It’s time to put our public servants in their place, and make them work for the people.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2018 5:30 PM

When a thread like this is stated by a Repub, it has quite a different meaning:

[quote]McConnell Vows To Try Again On Obamacare Repeal If Republicans Win More Senate Seats In The Midterms

[quote]Well we have that to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2018 5:30 PM

[quote] Agreed, [R46]! I tried to post something but was deleted because... well, just look at [R47]

That's just a DL rule. You can't post links to that one UK based paper.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2018 5:32 PM

Mitch McConnell has a security detail;

[quote]Want to know the secret to success in Washington? Get a job chauffeuring Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) around. Unfortunately for McConnell’s minions these days, his majority leader post comes with a security detail, which handles the driving. So we can expect the officer who drives him to be chief of police before too long.

This is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

[quote]That's just a DL rule. You can't post links to that one UK based paper.

Thanks. I couldn't remember which one until it didn't post. But, it was referencing Nancy Pelosi's recent "even". Either she's trying to turn the tables on the Republicans or, the Republicans are trying to disguise their strategy.

But, let's not humor this troll--the OP. This thread should be shut down now. MURIEL!

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2018 5:38 PM

My first thought was “this a repub plant,” my second is McConnell and the rest of his kook group are playing with fire but are too stupid to understand the real-life consequence to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2018 5:45 PM

I became suspicious of all this when Steven Miller and Kristjen Nielsen were heckled out of a Mexican restaurant after implementing something that was very anti-immigrant earlier in the day. Yes, they're stupid but they just can't be that stupid. Although I do believe that he did throw out his $80 worth of sushi when the bartender or waiter gave him the finger.

I believe the Sarah Sanders Red Rooster incident but the recent Ted Cruz event smelled of pure set up. I don't believe the Susan Collins ricin mailing. Anyway, overall this is nothing more than a Republican strategy and Boris/Natasha OP is part of it.

I'm done with this thread and will deselect! It's time to be much more productive and look at the "Men In Speedos" thread!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2018 5:57 PM

In addition to feeding into a narrative, the video I saw showed more people taking up for Yertle against a lone loon. Not productive...

by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2018 6:01 PM

The deplorables can fuck off with their whining about "civility."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2018 6:06 PM

The problem is other people are in these establishments with their families. They shouldn’t have to put up with riots and the police being called. They just pulled this shit in Philly with Democratic governor Tom Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 61October 20, 2018 6:43 PM

If they stuck to Chick-Fil-A, this wouldn't be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 62October 20, 2018 10:05 PM

I'm pretty sure heard Roseanne shouting something in that video.

by Anonymousreply 63October 20, 2018 10:17 PM

I agree with R58. This is the Republicans’ strategy for whipping up support, because they have no message. They can’t run on the tax cuts, and lying about protected pre-existing conditions will only get them so far. I absolutely agree that the Huckabee Sanders incident was legit. It also didn’t deal with members of the public expressing their disapproval. Not sure about the Nielsen one. But Cruz and his wife deliberately went into the lion’s den, hoping to provoke a response and play the victim card. So too is McConnell there. It may backfire on them.

I’m torn about whether to condemn or condone public outcry. One the one hand, it’s human nature, and for the individual who has a once in a lifetime chance of being in the person’s company, it’s their chance to express how they feel. Booing is a perfectly acceptable form of expressing discontent, I think. If may be rude, and so it shouldn’t be employed if you are responsible for inviting the individual. But if you’re a member of the public and you’ve come across someone who has engaged in heinous activities like McConnell has, I think vocally expressing one’s displeasure is within the realm of appropriate discourse.

I take this back to the end of Dangerous Liasions. The crowd turns on Glenn Close’s character, to the point she has to leave the theatre. She is being shunned from polite society. McConnell, Cruz, and their ilk deserve no less a fate.

by Anonymousreply 64October 20, 2018 11:11 PM

R12 He'd already eaten your pussy Elaine, but thirty minutes later he was hungry again.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2018 12:36 AM

he needs to see this visceral reaction in public places as politicans at that level are generally isolated and face no backlash

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2018 1:31 AM

I agree R66. These people need to run scared.

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2018 2:19 AM

So many Deplorable posts at TMZ

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2018 2:48 AM

Mitch McConnell should get hassled as often as possible, however, it does make sense that slimy shitty Republicunts would stage these things to get sympathy. There’s no low they won’t go, there’s no swamp too noxious.

I like the guy that farted on Mann Coulter’s drink and retweeted it over and over. That’s a better tactic. Harass them constantly and then make fun of their crybaby whining. Fucking Republicunt snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2018 5:46 PM

[quote]he needs to see this visceral reaction in public places as politicans at that level are generally isolated and face no backlash

Political/Governmental representatives should be required - if they are to receive a paycheck and healthcare FROM US - to put in a requisite number of hours dedicated to community service/public outreach, whereby they are in close physical proximity to the constituents whom they represent, rather than holed-up in some institutional ivory tower.

If for any reason, other than verifiable emergency, they are unable to attend these requisite sessions, they have their pay withheld until the time is made up. After three unattended sessions per year, their seat is up for grabs and the cost of an election to replace them comes out of their pension/retirement fund.

by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2018 6:19 PM

These look like set-ups by Republicans to anger Republican voters. It's all a part of their "angry Democratic mob" gameplan for the mid-terms.

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2018 6:37 PM

JUICY!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2018 3:02 PM

As interesting as information on a McConnell court martial for sodomy may be r72, I do not think that anything relating to McConnell and sex qualifies as juicy.

Smelly? Sure, but not juicy.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2018 3:09 PM

Not to mention comically inept, r73 and very...very.....

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2018 3:16 PM

How is a turtle face with a turkey wattle deemed sexy by anyone except for kinky turtles and turkeys?

Expensive challenge for Putty getting dick for Yertle.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2018 3:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!