Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New owners Of OUT Magazine and the ADVOCATE have donated to anti-LGBT Republicans

The new owners of OUT magazine and the ADVOCATE are the stepbrothers Adam Levin and Maxx Abramowitz, they are the founders and operators of Oreva Capital, which last September under the umbrella of PRIDE Media acquired the two LGBT publications along with related brands and intellectual property. They are also, respectively, the chief executive officer and lead investor of High Times magazine parent High Times Holdings.

However, it turns out the two new owners have given money to anti-LGBT politicians who have worked against that community.

Levin has donated to a number of Republicans including Devin Nunes, Dean Heller and Josh Mandel (all of whom have publicly taken anti-LGTBQ stances, like supporting religion-based discrimination), and Dana Rohrabacher (who recently said gay people can be denied the right to buy a home and has consistently opposed legal advancements for the LGTB community).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2018 8:34 PM

Interesting, but I can't boycott something I haven't bought in decades.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2018 8:28 PM

Exactly, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2018 8:29 PM

FUCKING terrific.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2018 8:30 PM

They're still in operation, R1, OP, so that sucks. Won't be touching it in someone's house now, either.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2018 8:33 PM

Boycott.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2018 8:40 PM

Yes, but how to boycott a haggard dying pair of publications one can't find on a newsstand, and whose content you abandoned years ago?

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Well, they still have their online website which people read, yes?

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2018 10:09 PM

Last time I looked, actors & other celebrities were still doing interviews with OUT.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2018 10:22 PM

Does Josh Kardashian-Purcell still write for them?

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2018 10:33 PM

Maybe they will relaunch as Bashers Monthly with pics of especially effeminate mincing queens who are just asking for it. The climate seems right now.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2018 10:37 PM

Wasn't it OUT magazine that did an interview feature with Milo Y.?

Guess they were already heading that way even before the sale.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2018 10:45 PM

Well they could only run trans and gender fluid articles !

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2018 10:51 PM

This is what conservatives do, they infiltrate and then destroy from within. They did it with school boards decades ago. They did it with Komen and the stunt the pulled cutting off Planned Parenthood a few years ago. It's why Republicans appoint incompetent people to high level cabinet and government positions who have demonstrated hostility to the very offices they are representing.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2018 10:56 PM

This is why r14 conservatives are garbage people. Nothing but moving backwards and tearing down. Never building up or looking forward. They're a blight on humanity.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2018 11:56 PM

We need new sources of media. Start a new magazine.

But this is very scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2018 12:02 AM

Have they been grilled about this yet?

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2018 5:41 AM

Call me a SJW, but after I found out that the Coachella festival is owned by right wing assholes who give to right wing causes I didn't put money in their pockets. Same will go for OUT and Advocate. I guess it gives these assholes a cheap thrill that they take that money and use it against the ones who gave it to them (like they tricked their customers real good and laugh at these fools!).

It's a disgrace that these were sold to right wingers in the first place. But money talks. Always.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2018 5:49 AM

Haven't looked at even the website in a decade. Knew someone who worked for them (selling ad space).

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2018 10:18 AM

If "Rackover" said that then it was really creepy since the old guy was not his "dad". Was pretending they were dad and son part of the sexual thrill? Or maybe Joey after hearing the "dad" thing all night finally coked up said "He's not your fucking dad, you fruit!" and mayhem commenced.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2018 11:57 AM

What?

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2018 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!