Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dem Rep. Castro Floats Wild Theory: Khashoggi Was Killed After Kushner Gave Saudi Crown Prince a ‘Hit List’

On CNN this morning, Congressman Joaquin Castro claimed there is reporting out there that Jared Kushner may have some involvement in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi.

“Let me get to the point that I think is most disturbing right now,” he told anchor Poppy Harlow, when asked for his reaction to Khashoggi’s murder. “The reporting that Jared Kushner may have, with U.S. Intelligence, delivered a hit list, an enemies list, to the crown prince, to MBS in Saudi Arabia and that the prince then may have acted on that and one of the people he took action against is Mr. Khashoggi. And if that’s the case…”

Harlow immediately jumped in to say, “Just to be clear, congressman, we don’t have––I just want to be clear for our viewers, we do not have that reporting. I’m not sure where you’re getting that from.”

Castro claimed “there has been reporting to that effect” and said “that needs to be investigated.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 9:57 PM

Holy shit....I hope he has something to back this up.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2018 4:45 PM

Crazy doesn’t work for Democrats. Only Republicans get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2018 4:47 PM

It's obviously bullshitt. I don't know why Castro is saying this, even if he's just repeating what he's heard. If there's no evidence to back it up (most likely there isn't) then he's just going to come across as a loon.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2018 4:54 PM

So many are trying to blame Khasshoggi on Trump. He's done a lot of bad things but not this. And I do think he's taking the right approach. It was a horrible, planned murder, but Saudi Arabia has too damn much oil. Gas prices are way too high already. I think this is the third good thing Trump had done, the others being the economy and North Korea. I agree with Bernie Sanders on the latter.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2018 5:15 PM

Maybe we need to stop exporting our oil.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2018 5:18 PM

Not so wild a theory--remember how Tiny opened the Oval Office to the Russians and shared intel. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past this mob family.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2018 5:22 PM

This is an interesting tack. Let's go with it - throw some their way. We need our own Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2018 5:32 PM

R5: America hasn't been a net exporter of oil since WW2. The majority of the crude oil the U.S. still has is left underground as a kind of emergency reserve. It's been years since I've read the figures, but if all the crude oil imports into the U.S. stopped tomorrow, I think there's only enough from indigenous sources for a couple of years. There is still crude oil extraction happening on a small scale, but it could never compete with the billions of barrels that the likes of the Saudis are sitting on.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2018 5:35 PM

As if it would be shocking if Trump was behind this.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2018 5:39 PM

Khashoggi was a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and radical Islam, so it is probably better he is out of the way. These are tough times and tough decisions will have to be made. Obama probably would have told the Saudis to do it more discretely.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2018 5:41 PM

Not arguing with R8 or whoever else. Just noticed this in this week's Economist, thought it was informative.

[quote] Next year the shale boom will account for the biggest surge in one country’s oil output since the International Energy Agency began keeping track. America is now the world’s top oil producer, surpassing Saudi Arabia and Russia.

[quote] ... The upshot is that the world increasingly relies on American shale. In June America produced 13% of global crude oil, nearly twice the proportion of June 2008; that share will probably rise.

[quote] ... About a decade after American shale firms began to surge, their most fervent backers can rightly claim that innovation has given the world a vast new source of oil and gas. Shale producers can indeed ramp up output relatively quickly. But America is hardly energy-independent. Last year the country imported more than 10m barrels of petroleum each day, equal to about half of its consumption. And the ability of the shale industry to dampen oil-price shocks is easily overstated. The Dallas Federal Reserve recently warned of a “growing likelihood” that the shale industry will be unable to keep up with rising demand, leaving the world vulnerable to geopolitical events that cause prices to spike. Being a shale superpower is useful, but it does not mean that America can control the market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2018 5:42 PM

Told ya I was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2018 5:47 PM

He’s finished as a Democrat. We don’t go for this “it has been reported” conspiracy crap..

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2018 5:50 PM

[quote]We don’t go for this “it has been reported” conspiracy crap..

No, we would rather lose elections.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2018 5:54 PM

How is this such a wild theory?

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2018 5:54 PM

He's now walked back his earlier comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2018 5:56 PM

Who are we kidding? Kush totally has his fingers in this.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2018 5:57 PM

Someone without presidential aspirations needs to become our Nunes. Just spout shit out like they do.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2018 5:58 PM

We'll need a House hearing on this. Kusher needs to be subpoenaed.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2018 5:58 PM

I think he's correct.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Boy

I don’t know how to feel about this.

One hand - let’s give them a taste of their own awfulness.

Other hand - It seems that they always manage to turn everything back on us. That their base absolutely wouldn’t care if it was true helps them do that of course.

Their base would probably applaud if Jared did have a hit list.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Let's go for it. We need some crazy in the mix. It's like when you fought in the schoolyard: if they got crazy, you'd better get fucking crazy (e.g., start fucking biting and going for their eyes), to freak them out. Often they fucking back down.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2018 6:03 PM

Kushner is scum.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2018 6:03 PM

Bitches don't know how to fight. Some of you go/stay on the high road. Some of us will take the low and pound the fuck out of them.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2018 6:04 PM

Ha ha

This tard again?

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2018 6:14 PM

We can’t make claims and call for investigations when Trump wants to lock up Clinton and Feinstein without any proof? What about all the other false claims that Trump has made? I certainly won’t give Castro any crap for using GOP tactics to make his point.

I just hope that there will be an investigation into Kushner. Remember when the Saudi crown prince stated that Kushner was in his bag? Or when Trump bragged about the hundreds of millions of dollars that the Saudis were pouring into his businesses?

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2018 6:16 PM

Kushner knows a lot about this sordid tragedy. A lot. Is he still holed up in NYC

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2018 6:17 PM

Hulian is just trying to distract from his peanut head and receding hairline

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2018 6:18 PM

[QUOTE]Bitches don't know how to fight. Some of you go/stay on the high road. Some of us will take the low and pound the fuck out of them.

When they go low, we go high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2018 6:24 PM

Cunt face

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2018 6:25 PM

R29, duh, that's why I said "go high".

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2018 6:32 PM

Oh FFS. Seth Abramson already reporting on this and yes. Jared Kushner gave the Saudi Prince a list that he knew of from Security briefings as to who the enemies of the prince were/are whereby the prince" invited" these men to the Ritz Carllton in Ryadh and these dudes were tortured and at least one died during the interrogation. Now did Jared know what the Saudi prince planned-maybe not but he gave the list to the prince. Seth Abramson reported on this back in June or July. Im not surprised MSM is just now catching up. And Poppy Harlow knows squat like most of the reporters on the 24 hr. news channels.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2018 6:33 PM

R10 You are either a troll or stupid and gullible, IOW, a Trump base member. The truth on Khashoggi-according to his friend and colleagueDavid Ignateus-the well respected journalist-is that Khashoggi had belonged to the Muslim Brotherhood as a young man but he hadn't agreed with them in a long time. So fucking stop helping the Trump dumpsters and the Saudi prince and Kushner spread the smear. Thanks so much you piece of....

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2018 6:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2018 6:41 PM

Interesting, r32. I can see something along those lines happening. However, maybe the Prince requested intelligence information and Kushner was stupid enough to give it to him. The Saudi Royal Family is known for their oppression of any dissent within the Kingdom. The Prince who's in charge now is insecure enough to order something like this.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2018 6:45 PM

Castro's a member of the house committee on intelligence, foreign affairs, and human rights. He very well might have heard something.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2018 6:49 PM

Saudi Arabia's claims to having x number of barrels available come from the results of a saudi owned review board. Not credible esp given their history.

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2018 6:54 PM

R29 - When they go low, WE GO VOTE!

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2018 7:02 PM

[quote] Khashoggi was a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and radical Islam

There is little evidence the journalist was a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, but that was the right wing is pushing to give Trump cover. Basically, it’s okay that he got killed because he’s so bad

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2018 7:03 PM

R34, juicy stuff!

We just need it from an outlet other than the Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2018 7:04 PM

If Castro is on the House Intelligence Committee, while he may know of stuff like this, he can’t just reveal it to the public .

It has been reported however that Kushner gave the Prince a list of people— basically classified stuff

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2018 7:07 PM

Castro needs a large helping of sky blue eye shadow

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Well if Trump can say that Sen Ted Cruz's father was with Lee Harvey Oswald just before JFK was assassinated, the Castro can make up stupid shit, too.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2018 7:17 PM

See link. Supporter of Muslim Brotherhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Re the NY Post article authors- "Tony Badran is research fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. Michael Doran is a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute."

Koch Brothers are funders for the Hudson Institute, The FDD is neo-conservative and favors US military intervention in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2018 8:43 PM

R32, yes. I heard about this quite a while ago, long before Khasghoggi was murdered, and then I read about it again, soon after Khasghoggi disappeared.

This isn’t as far out as everyone here thinks.

I have no idea if this is true, however, why is it impossible?

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2018 8:31 PM

Body parts found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2018 4:09 PM

At this point nothing would surprise me. I just cant believe where we are as a nation,is no one even pretending anymore???

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2018 4:20 PM

[quote] It has been reported however that Kushner gave the Prince a list of people— basically classified stuff

What kind of offense would this be? Who's following this up?

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2018 9:03 PM

Come on people wake up.

Trump is sharing classified info with Putin.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2018 9:06 PM

We know R50

Everyone in the world probably knows.

The question is, can we do anything about it?

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2018 9:32 PM

The Five Eyes countries share info too. So when is it treason and when is it not?

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!