Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spoiler-friendly thread to review HALLOWEEN (2018)!

If you've seen the movie, what did you think?

Is horrormeister Jason Blum's take on Michael Myers with director David Gordon Green a cut above the rest? Or should this slasher slash its wrists?

Should they erase Laurie Strode's history as the biological sister of Michael Myers? Or should Jamie Lee Curtis keep both chromosomes?

We're waiting to hear from you ... behind your door!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 4, 2019 9:26 PM

I saw the movie tonight and it is GOOD.

Not great, but good. It's coherent with a good premise and twists. That's really saying something, because 7 out of the 11 HALLOWEEN movies are total shitshows!

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2018 8:22 AM

People on DL were complaining about the twist being stupid or making no sense, but I actually liked it.

We expected the new doctor to be a good guy and hunt after Michael like Dr. Loomis did. So it's shocking and totally believable that he would want to defend Michael so he can make some money off his research project (kind of like Dr. Crews in Friday the 13th Part 7).

I think it would have been even more interesting if Dr. Sartain had done it out of a desire to treat or reform Michael.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2018 3:38 PM

I agree with the critics who say a 65-year-old Michael Myers wouldn't be able to lift people off the ground by the neck with one arm and rip the island cabinet off the kitchen floor.

That's really pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2018 8:10 PM

How did 6’5+ Michael fit into the jumpsuit he killed the little chub mechanic for

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2018 8:16 PM

I thought it was terrible and I'm a fan of the series as a whole (although, some are clearly better than others). The characters are as dull as can be and you feel nothing for them when they die. The movie appears to have been rearranged in editing or reshot or something, because everything feels weirdly jumbled and the story has no flow whatsoever. Jamie Lee is fine, but I thought she was better in H20 and was given much better dialogue to work with. The dialogue in this movie is really terrible and there's a two minute sequence right before the finale (the high point of the movie, BTW) where two idiot cops sit in their car talking about sandwiches.

The twist towards the finale is also idiotic and useless, but by that point, I'd checked out. The whole movie feels rushed and emotional moments aren't given a chance to build and breathe. The star of the movie is a little kid one of Laurie's granddaughter's friends is babysitting. He steals the entire movie.

I did like the cinematography and the score and it's nice that they got Michael's mask right this time, but it's strangely lifeless and dull. If anything it feels more like one of those early 80's Halloween ripoffs than a true sequel to the original.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2018 8:18 PM

I kind of feel the same, r5.

By making the first killings random, the victims aren't very connected. I doesn't allow for a very juicy struggle to develop against the same group of people — which most horror movies do.

But I do give Jamie Lee Curtis credit for the Post Traumautic Stress Disorder acting she did midway through the movie. It added some gravitas to the film — because that shit is true to a lot of peoples' lives.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2018 8:26 PM

I see the "HALLOWEEN 4 is the best!" loon has shown up in our poll ...

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2018 9:54 PM

R7 on what planet is Halloween 4 the best? Typical late 80s low budget, big haired, slasher dreck

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2018 10:44 PM

I am stunned at how bad it was. I yawned throughout the second half and began talking back to the screen. Hollywood is such a mess of non creative, non talented hacks. I cannot believe this was the best they could do.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2018 11:17 PM

I thought it was great. Every bit as good as the original. I TRULY LOVED it. Its like we all saw a different film-

And this will tell you my taste. I shouldn't share this. I loved the original, I loved Halloween 2 even more! (now I have lost your respect!)

Halloween 4 was decent. Halloween 5 & 6 were HORRIBLE. H20 was solid but ultimately not frightening enough, and the scoring, tone, and gore was way off. Jamie Lee was awesome in H20 though. Resurrection was pure garbage.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2018 12:08 AM

R10 wow basically what you just posted is exactly how,I fell about the series too

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2018 12:12 AM

Nice! R11. And I am not afraid to admit that Halloween 2 is my favorite of the entire series. This 2018 version is a strong 2nd for me, then the original.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2018 12:27 AM

The Rob Zombie ones are really the only good ones.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2018 1:12 AM

A poster in the wrong thread decried the lack of atmosphere that Carpenter created in the original.

I tend to agree — there's a dissonance when musical and visual cues from the first movie pop into this one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2018 1:30 AM

Wrong, r10 — NO WAY is it as effective as the original.

There's much more time developed on the same set of people connected in one location in 1978. 2018 spreads itself thin over many random and disconnected killings without a consistent atmosphere built up so well with the same music.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2018 1:34 AM

I never expected this movie to be so polarizing. I haven't seen it yet, but a lot of my friends went last night and I've seen about 20/30 responses from them and it seems pretty split. A lot of people seem to love it and a lot of people really think it missed the boat and sucks.

I expecting the Suspiria remake to be polarizing, but a Halloween sequel. What the hell is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2018 1:46 AM

The police show up too early. Judy Greer is completely miscast. The teenagers aren't as annoying as I expected yet still didn't care for them or even remember their names. Michael was a speed walker. But it's still better than Halloween 5.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2018 1:41 PM

Yeah it's better than 5, 6, and 8 for sure. I know that's not high praise, but it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2018 4:13 PM

I am copying my post from the other thread. I don't where to post anymore!

Very interesting that a slasher (and this a pretty gory slasher) gets 80% rave reviews by critics on Rotten Tomatoes (and I am talking the creme de la creme critics- has this ever happened??) and yet we are easily split 50/50.

We are criticizing dialogue for christ sake!

I kind of dig this. You are a picky bunch of cunts! And I am proud.

I loved this movie and I am tempted to go back with some friends.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2018 4:29 PM

This film was trash.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2018 6:12 PM

And so are YOU, R20!

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2018 6:17 PM

It was ok I guess. The problem is that people are calling this the second coming of true horror and it's just not very scary or suspenseful. Moments that could have been suspenseful are usually dulled by stupid bits of "humor."

Had this just flown under the radar and been dubbed a typical slasher flick, people would probably like it well enough. I've noticed the reactions have been very split between my friends who have seen it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2018 6:19 PM

Right, r19.

Critics are still generally opposed to the genre of horror -- especially slasher -- because it's gratuitous violence.

But there's a re-evaluation that happens decades after a certain movie or franchise endures among fans and gets cited for inventing new techniques. The chorus becomes too loud for critics to ignore anymore.

This movie also has nostalgia and cross-generational appeal. It's nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis back in the saddle.

Then there's #MeToo. HALLOWEEN has three feminist heroines who fight back and win. That feminist message is trendy right now.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2018 6:20 PM

This is doing well in the same way Jurassic World did well. IT's all about nostalgia. The movie itself ain't that special.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2018 6:22 PM

Rather than just saying, “My favorite is Halloween 4, now I’ve lost your respect,” I’d like to hear WHY Part 4 is best overall.

The same goes for people voting for Rob Zombie and Season of the Witch.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2018 7:26 PM

Did JLC force them to write a bunch of crappy AA commercials into the script like she says she did for H2O?

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2018 7:29 PM

I would need a citation to know what r26 is talking about.

But Curtis has been very vocal on the panels and press junkets about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and #MeToo / feminism.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2018 8:04 PM

R 552 on the other thread brought up a point I was thinking. "Why didn't the cheating boyfriend get killed?"

The douche teens in slashers almost always get killed off in an amusing way. So why was Cameron let "off the hook?"

BTW actor Dylan Arnold has wonderfully jacked and lengthy biceps that I can't find pics of online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2018 8:14 PM

It was nice to see Jamie Lee get thrown around and box with that motherfucker, Michael. A little bit satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2018 8:17 PM

R13 = Rob Zombie

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2018 8:23 PM

But don't you think it was super cheesey when Jamie Lee said, "Happy Halloween, Michael!" right before stabbing Michael in the back?

That shot sequence was a reversal of Michael's attack on Laurie from the first movie. We see Michael looking down the cellar staircase for Laurie with a black background. Then Laurie steps out of the blackened door into a sliver of light and stabs Michael in the back.

Well the surprise and momentum of the moment is completely lost when Laurie stops to say, "Happy Halloween!"

So fucking corny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2018 8:31 PM

Just saw it-wtf happened to Judy Greers husband, wasn't he still alive trussed up on a shelf, no one seemed to be giving a fuck before torching the place!!??

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2018 8:52 PM

Laurie, with the aid of her daughter and granddaughter, trap Michael in the basement of her home, which is essentially a booby-trapped fortress designed to eventually catch him. Once he’s secured in, Laurie turns on the gas and drops a flare. The three women escape and are picked up by a truck while the house burns.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2018 9:22 PM

I think the husband was for-sure killed outside Laurie's home at the cop car.

They went back to a shot of his dead body by the cop car at the end.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2018 9:36 PM

Thanks for the gratuitous spoiler, troll @ r33.

Are you the same schizo-cunt who spoiled every Halloween thread in August?

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2018 9:37 PM

SPOILER ALERT R33- THE PIGCUNT WHO DIDN'T GET AN AUTOGRAPH FROM JAMIE LEE!

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2018 9:43 PM

R21 I’m not the one who the audience was laughing at in the theater last night. When you have the moviegoers talking back to the screen in upscale Westchester County, NY, you know your horror movie is a FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2018 10:30 PM

Suck my giant murderous cock R37. My film was not a fail. YOU are.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2018 11:13 PM

My NYC theater mates and I laughed a lot through the movie, too.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2018 12:13 AM

So did Michael somehow escape the basement and pick up the three ladies at the end?

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2018 12:14 AM

Or was it the other mental patient ,that wasnt found So many questions

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2018 3:00 AM

The Title of the thread is SPOILER FRIENDLY, reading challenged cunts R35 and R36.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2018 3:15 AM

I enjoyed seeing Rosie O on the big screen again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2018 3:27 AM

I'm sure he didn't escape the burning building so they can do another sequel.

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2018 4:27 AM

Just came back from a screening of the sequel reboot. I was floored. It has surpassed part 4 as my favorite sequel of the franchise.

The creators managed to thread together the best elements of the original and the franchise as a whole (including Zombie's what I consider "fanfiction remakes") weaving together both a frightening and poignant homage that also manages to use ambiguity expertly in exploring the character of Michael Myers and the evil that surrounds him.

Midway through our first encounter with Myers, it's as if something descends upon or is awakened within "the Shape", causing the atmosphere and those around him to buzz with foreboding. It's an unsettlingly electric and effective sequence that, rather than explain to you why, simply allows you to feel and imagine the evil that permeates this man through creator John Carpenter's chillingly atmospheric score and David Gordon Green's assured, poetic direction.

Green has a firm grasp on the elements that made the original work - simplicity, realism and a little grounded pathos (and never seeing the Shape's eyes!) - playing with and and amplifying them. The simplicity is artful and unsettling, the realism disturbing and frightening, and the pathos painful and familiar. Also, the use of light and editing left me feeling unsure about whether or not I ever saw Myers' eyes save for one fleetingly chilling reveal which tips the hat to the mythos of the original and to Laurie Strode's first encounter with him. It's as if hid eyes are under dirty water throughout: you catch yourself thinking you've seen them and as soon as you do, they're gone. It was a wonderful technique I haven't seen in any of the sequels or the original, for that matter.

Jamie Lee Curtis gives her best film performance (she was also excellent in 2014's Scream Queens) since Freaky Friday here, shading her character with both pain and a will of steel. She's subtle, fierce and expertly gives us a realistic portrait of Laurie Strode as a PTSD suffering grandmother crippled by her past but fueled with the turbulent courage of someone with nothing left to lose. Her scenes opposite the shape are startlingly brutal and all the more satisfying for it.

It's easy to find out the myriad way in which this film could have gone wrong - watch Halloween ::gurgle:: H20, which also starred Jamie Lee Curtis on the franchise's 20th anniversary - and though it isn't a groundbreaking film, it's an excellent slasher pic that doesn't try to reinvent the wheel but puts the rubber to the road and lets it rip.

This is both a love letter to the original and to die hard fans, with mini homages cleverly executed and peppered throughout. The violence and gore are intensified for both current day horror fan sensibilities but also in service of the story, which is meant to highlight the savage and elemental quality of the evil on display. The kills are frightening, intense and surprisingly somber, which elevates and magnifies them.

Nearly halfway through the film, there's a beautifully rendered extended tracking shot during which the Shape swiftly enters a woman's home, bludgeons her to death with a hammer and after, with the oblivious nonchalance of a child switching toys, picks up a butcher knife. It's a chilling moment. Weapons are truly an afterthought for this kind of primal evil

The supporting cast is excellent, with Judy Greer and Andi Matichack providing the best, most nuanced supporting work since part 4s Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris team up. Matichack in particular stands out as a young actress with a promising career ahead of her.

Expanding on his original score for "Halloween", with echoes of his other brilliant compositional work in film and shades of the score to "Suspiria" , Carpenter's music here is a fantastic variations on a theme homage to the most iconic score in horror film history; his own.

There's a plot point many have found disappointing involving a protege of Dr. Loomis' which I found successfully subversive and perhaps revealing of where the franchise is headed.

Contd.

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2018 8:42 AM

Whether or not you believe in evil, fear is universal and triggered by as many unknown elements as it is the known. This sequel doesn't attempt to explain the 'unknown elements' but simply observes their mysterious, macabre chill.

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2018 8:43 AM

We made a "spoiler-friendly thread" so people could discuss specific parts they didn't like or understand.

Not for r33 to just drop another unnecessary bomb for the sole purpose of ruining the movie for someone that didn't need it. R33 was clearly being a douchetroll, so F&F.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2018 9:14 AM

I had trouble with some of the plotting.

A bus crashes, several people are murdered, well known homicidal maniac Michael Myers on the loose, no one in Haddonfield seems to know anything about it.

At least five people a brutally murdered in a nearby gas station, cops and emergency vehicles are all over the place, no one in Haddonfield, especially the police or the media, seems to know anything about it.

People are walking around trick-or-treating without a care in the world. Teenagers at the high school dance haven’t heard a word about it. Laurie’s granddaughter loses her phone, so it might be explained why she doesn’t know, yet all her friends have their phones and they are literally walking home in the dark, not knowing a thing.

Laurie has her house set up like a fortress, yet she doesn’t turn the outside lights on until it is too late, and she never turns the inside lights on when she is searching the house for Michael.

Those cops guarding her house know that a killing machine, already responsible for about a dozen extremely recent gruesome deaths, is on the loose nearby yet they haven’t the mildest sense of danger or alert and discuss sandwiches instead of being scared shitless over their assignment.

When they finally have Michael trapped in the basement (an absurd plot point, how could they be sure that they would ever get him down there) instead of any one of the three women shooting him with one of the many guns we’ve been shown over and over, Laurie turns into a James Bond villain, plotting an elaborate death scene that of course allows the trapped prisoner to somehow escape, as usual.

The sold out crowd at my local Multiplex on Thursday night was underwhelmed by the finale, and sort of plodded out when it was all over.

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2018 10:18 AM

The bus crash could've been the psychiatrist's doing.

I'm actually convinced it was

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2018 10:47 AM

R48. Thank you. Someone with a brain watched this movie and called it out for what it was- idiotic. It was lazy, trite, insipid and worst of all, not scary. My whole theater was pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2018 12:13 PM

Why does Replica Laurie plot for 40 years to save herself from Michael if she was just one of his random victims who survived?

If this Alternate Universe Laurie is not Michael's sister, I get the PTSD, but why specifically think he is coming after her 40 years later. The 1998 Real Continuity Laurie was still terrified after 20 years in H20 because she knew she was his sister and Michael wanted to kill his sisters.

But 2018 Non-Continuity Laurie is worried... why? NOT her PTSD, but why she's worried about Michael is what I'm asking.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2018 12:57 PM

Saw it a couple days ago and it's the best sequel by a wide margin. They throw in a silly plot twist that isn't earned 2/3 through and none of the teens can act for shit but Curtis + Greer are both excellent. The last 20 mins in particular were outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2018 2:20 PM

This is apocrypha, not a sequel.

Carpenter himself co-wrote the Myers siblings connection as well as The Thorn aspect taking over Michael.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2018 2:29 PM

Realism, r45?

How many retirees do you know who can lift people off the ground by the neck and detach kitchen islands in one heave?

Familiar?

Are people like Michael Myers and Battle Laurie “familiar” in your life?

Judy Greer and Andy Matichack hardly had any lines or screen time. One thing I disliked about the film was dialogue that bottom-lines everything for the audience. Instead if SHOWING a problem that arises because of the different ways characters do things, HALLOWEEN has Greer just diagnose herself and Laurie for the audience: “She’s been projecting her paranoia on to me my entire life and it ruined my childhood!”

Better movies SHOW, they don’t TELL this stuff. Watch HEREDITARY for a good example of how to do it. The audience has to diagnose.

[quote]rather than explain to you why, simply allows you to feel and imagine the evil that permeates this man through creator John Carpenter's chillingly atmospheric score.

Let’s not get too grandiose. Carpenter’s score is great, but it’s always been a substitute for character development. The absence of a personality or motive in Michael Myers has always made him scarier and simple.

But it’s shallow and false-to-life. Real psychopaths tend to imitate feeling human beings as much as they can and try to fit in.

Myers is a cartoon villain contrived purely for movie thrills; not super relevant to life.

That’s okay, I like the movies. But let’s not aggrandize a shallow exercise. I feel like Jamie Lee Curtis:

“It’s judt a killer in a William Shatner mask!”

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Good questions, r51.

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2018 5:09 PM

[Quote] Midway through our first encounter with Myers, it's as if something descends upon or is awakened within "the Shape", causing the atmosphere and those around him to buzz with foreboding. It's an unsettlingly electric and effective sequence that, rather than explain to you why, simply allows you to feel and imagine the evil that permeates this man through creator John Carpenter's chillingly atmospheric score and David Gordon Green's assured, poetic direction.

No, that never happens. Just saw the movie and watched for the "descending" or the "awakening" and neither happens.

[Quote] Nearly halfway through the film, there's a beautifully rendered extended tracking shot during which the Shape swiftly enters a woman's home, bludgeons her to death with a hammer and after, with the oblivious nonchalance of a child switching toys, picks up a butcher knife. It's a chilling moment. Weapons are truly an afterthought for this kind of primal evil

Does this queen realize that that scene is a takeoff of two famous scenes in 1981's 'Halloween 2'? There's no brilliance; it was an Easter Egg.

[Quote] The supporting cast is excellent, with Judy Greer and Andi Matichack providing the best, most nuanced supporting work since part 4s Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris team up.

"Nuanced?" Bianca Kajlich did a better job with her glass-shattering screaming in 'Halloween: Resurrection' than Matichack's aimless shambling about. She's pathetic with her ugly cheating boyfriend but then goes all #MeToo on the drunk fat loser who tries to kiss her, and she's unconvincing in both scenes.

I've never heard people in a Dallas theater before go "Huh?" and "That's it?" when the movie ended after the Danielle Harris homage at the end. "What? That's all?"

This movie lagged, lagged, lagged and more lagging to come in the Extended DVD version. No music, no "stingers", almost nothing.

Except gore and lots more gore. Rob Zombie would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2018 6:41 PM

R56 again with some positives:

JLC was great and believable. I like this Laurie much more than "functioning alcoholic" Laurie in H20. I wish there had been more JLC and less of the granddaughter and the annoying Greer.

The "silly plot twist" is telegraphed throughout the movie from the beginning, so I'm refuting the notion that it came out of left field. I thought it worked well and with there had been another minute or two with the doctor wearing the mask and listening to his ravings. He died way too quickly.

I didn't see evidence supporting the claims that this movie was chopped up after test audiences hated "the original ending". I think it is a coherent film despite its many, many flaws.

JLC should have been in more of the mid part of the movie. She's the only absolutely terrific thing in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2018 6:55 PM

They could have scrapped the doctor character completely and given that screen time to develop the new characters. Did Judy or Andi have more than 30 lines put together? I feel like a lot of their stuff was cut out or something and I also hated how tacky and clunky the exposition was where Judy would tell her daughter stuff about her childhood. I feel like there were better, more polished ways to get that across. Even just the scene where Jamie Lee comes into Judy's house and tells her how she's not prepared drove this home better than Judy talking about it.

There were other ways to get Michael to Laurie's compound besides that goofy doctor twist. Didn't he hitch himself up to a truck in Halloween 4 or something? He could have done that, hid in the backseat, the trunk...something.

Those stupid cops talking about sandwiches was a pretty low point, too. A waste of 1/2 minutes that could have been given to the new characters. Allyson's boyfriend was pretty useless, too, and severed no purpose except to ruin her phone. That's literally his only reason for existing in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2018 7:34 PM

Why did Laurie have a replica of the Myers house in her compound? It has no significance for her since in this new continuity she is not part of the Myers family.

Why did Michael wait those 40 years to go after his non-sister Laurie? Why not 10, 20 or 30 years?

The English people dying gruesomely was satisfying, though.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2018 7:37 PM

R45 Hi PR guy!!

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2018 8:42 PM

Such a great and satisfying reboot sequel in so many ways.

Really loved it.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2018 8:44 PM

Well, it's not "Rob Zombie" bad. Give it a break.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2018 9:49 PM

It's definitely Rob Zombie-level as far as gore.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2018 9:53 PM

R48 and R51 nailed it. Completely. This movie is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2018 10:11 PM

The "funny" moments should have been much funnier.

The cop sandwich banter was disposable, the Smart-Mouthed Black Kid didn't have any memorable lines and "Happy Halloween, Michael!" was cheesey as fuck.

This is the problem with Danny McBride: He thinks he's funny, but he's not. That David Gordon Green keeps putting faith in him is a testament to his own mediocrity.

MCBRIDE = APPALACHAN TRASH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2018 12:28 AM

I think Danny McBride is very funny on Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals, but his style of humor doesn't quite work in this movie. Had it been humor that comes out of character instead of forcing it, it might have worked.

I wanted to love this movie, but I found myself rolling my eyes during most of it and I've sat through some really bottom of the barrel slasher flicks. Why are none of the critics talking about the shitty, underdeveloped supporting characters or the horrible one liners or the choppy editing? All they seem to do is praise Curtis and Gordon Green and never address any of the issues with the movie.

After this one, I can't even imagine where they'd go with a franchise, but I know they're already working on it with the massive amount of money it brought in this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2018 3:29 AM

The cop scene, like a lot of other scenes, was just taken from a previous film. In Halloween 5, there's a scene where 2 doofus cops are stationed at a costume party, and they basically sit in the car talking about nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2018 4:02 AM

Can we acknowledge that the "Battle Laurie" concept was basically just a recycled Linda Hamilton from TERMINATOR 2?

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2018 7:17 AM

I have not met ONE person in real life who thought this movie was good. Everyone in the theater was disappointed and side eyeing each other. Apparently now there was a final scene after the credits- but I dont think anybody saw it. People couldn’t get out of there fast enough and everyone was pissed. This movie was hyped up and it worked. There’s much bragging about the weekend take but that wasn’t a testament to the film. That Danny McBride is one of those people who must have sacrificed another human for his career. There’s no explanation for it. I also read that they redid the script 80 times. Eighty rewrites and that’s the best they could do? Is there no talent anywhere anymore? Can nobody write? The perverts in charge have scared away all the talent in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2018 9:31 AM

In a world full of cell phones, breaking news, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, nobody knew a damn thing about the criminally insane escaping, a bloodbath at the gas station, and people winding up dead suddenly on Halloween. Nobody in fucking Haddonfield could put two and two together? And the ugly boyfriend tossing the phone in the whatever it was- and the granddaughter just leaves it? That was really stupid. Have the phone run out of battery. That is a real thing that actually happens.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2018 9:49 AM

Is nobody going to address the grossness of the dad proclaiming he got peanut butter on his penis in the first five minutes on the movie? In front of his teenage daughter? For me that was the most horrifying moment of the film.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2018 9:56 AM

I think the overwrought praise is due to #MeToo and #TimesUp and The Year Of The Woman and all that stuff. "Three kickass bitches!" was how the original (paid) reviewers referred to Laurie and her family, but, no, they weren't. Laurie was (for some still-undefined reason) but her daughter was a wimp and her "It's a TRAP!" line and shotgun blast were not in line with her character. And the pathetic granddaughter poked Michael's hand with a knife. Hardly three bad-ass bitches winning a battle for women everywhere over the male predators of the world.

The shill on here is pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2018 11:23 AM

There was no final scene after the credits, but there was the sound of heavy breathing on the soundtrack at the very end.

The few people who stayed all the way through were in agreement that the plot was full of holes and it was a very unsatisfying resolution.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2018 1:28 PM

R48 I agree with the majority of your post even though I did enjoy the film. I just found it hard to believe that the city would not have bene on lockdown mode if a notorious serial killer was on the loose and just killed multiple people beforehand.

Another problem I had was the opening scene where the two journalists/podcasters visit Michael in prison, when he pulled out the mask and all of this supernatural stuff started occurring. I just thought that whole scene was too over the top.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2018 2:03 PM

Wow, an absolute epic piece of shit film, it’s no better than ANY of the other sequels, the original Halloween II was a masterpiece compared to this dud! All the paid shill buzz made it sound like a modern horror classic, it was so fucking boring. And WHY show Michael Myers as a fat old man, boom, there goes any terror of “The Shape”, the whole thing was worse than some Z-list Netflix shit. Tragic!

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2018 2:12 PM

R45 is such a dumb, insufferable shill cunt I simply CANNOT with her! This flick is a turd!

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2018 2:38 PM

I would say 2018 is the Fourth Best Halloween movie of all time. Here are my new rankings:

1) Halloween (1978) 2) Halloween: H20 3) Halloween II (1981) 4) Halloween (2018)

The rest are just garbage, in descending order:

5) Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers 6) Halloween 4 7) Halloween 5 8) Halloween III: Season of the Witch 9) Rob Zombie's Halloween 10) Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 11) Halloween: Resurrection

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2018 3:45 PM

As to how Michael alluded the cops: he was in disguise, lol.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2018 3:58 PM

reply 68 That too. A total rip off of that.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2018 4:06 PM

R70 And Laurie didn't find out. She's been waiting for him all these years, and yet she's so oblivious that she never finds out what's happening? Absurd.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2018 4:09 PM

My ranking of sequels

Halloween

Halloween 2018

Halloween 4

Halloween 2

Halloween 5

Halloween 6

Season of the Witch

H20

Halloween 8

Zombie's"remakes" make for wonderful stand-alone fanfiction, which I enjoy but not as part of the franchise. Still, I rank them higher than half the sequels

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2018 4:13 PM

2018 in 2nd place? That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2018 4:20 PM

R70 / R80 I think the reconceptualization leaves you realizing that Myers isn't considered a big deal serial killer as much as a mystery, hence why it didn't all "blow up on social media".

Also, the fact that the bus contained SEVERAL criminally insane patients who escaped after the crash explains why the focus isn't immediately on Myers.

I also believe as the rebooting of Myers character continues with sequels to this reboot, they will focus more on supernatural evil.

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2018 4:22 PM

R82 I really loved it that much. The aspects that work transcend any of the perceived flaws.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2018 4:24 PM

Yes, r71, Peanut Butter Penis Perv Dad was awkward.

From what I could tell, they were setting up a typical slasher victim that you WANT to see killed, i.e. the Jock Douche, the Stuck-Up Cheerleader, etc. They also set the Dad against Laurie to make you hate him.

But they set up the boyfriend as a douche, too, and let him off the hook. They either really know what they're doing or they don't. The Dad kill wasn't satisfying like the Doctor kill was.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2018 4:26 PM

In all fairness, r74, they show the cops impose a curfew on the townspeople halfway through. "Everybody, get back in your houses! Lock your doors!"

But you're right about the supernatural nonsense — the Researcher Duo are stock characters from other Blumhouse franchises: The Warrens from THE CONJURING and the ghost hunters from INSIDIOUS. So Jason Blum just had to put his supernatural stamp on a franchise that was traditionally scary only because mortal psychos are real.

"You can feel your mask, can't you, Michael? It's a part of you!" with the chorus of loons freaking out like animals before an earthquake.

That's one of the moments I found Too Cheesey.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2018 4:35 PM

R86 But I think that scene had nothing to do with Michael "feeling the mask" and everything to do with (a still unexplained) spiritual/supernatural evil. Why would the inmates react? Do they, too, "feel the mask"?

The fact that they chose not to explain"the evil" but hinted at it (the psychiatrist's plot and the suggestive shot of the person holding the knife at the end)) I think is what makes it all work.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2018 4:40 PM

It was ALREADY explained in the 1978 H1 novelization and in several sequels beginning with H2 in 1981. It’s The Thorn evil infecting Michael.

This isn’t new, Tired Shill at R87.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2018 5:14 PM

R88 I'm not a shill you neurotic cunt.

Also, please do point us to the receipts indicating that Green and Co. are going the route of the film novelization and other sequels.

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2018 5:22 PM

Well, r87, the researchers admitted later in the movie that their mask experiment failed on Michael -- that Michael didn't respond to his mask or even look at it.

So they were speculating the supernatural which failed.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2018 5:30 PM

This is a reboot, r88.

None of the old rules apply -- they're making up new fiction, so anything could happen. The Thorn nonsense was lame, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2018 5:32 PM

Exactly. R90.

The reaction by the inmates was for the audience to realize there's something else at work here and it's not some fucking mask.

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2018 5:36 PM

It was heavy-handed direction with the inmates and music.

But the movie did not endorse as a fact that something supernatural was occurring. The journalists later said that Michael did not "feel his mask" or do anything supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2018 8:13 PM

lol, r71 and true.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2018 1:31 AM

r45 is the Bipolar Movie Maniac and Redundant Thread Thief starting 12 threads about HALLOWEEN.

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2018 3:41 AM

Late 50s age (Laurie) and early 60s age (Michael) can sure kick ass.

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2018 4:17 AM

"In a statement, producer Jason Blum, who is seeing the best opening ever in U.S./Canada for his Blumhouse label, said,"

[quote]“The reception of fans and critics alike is a huge endorsement of the Blumhouse model. Combining legendary source material, the participation of original creators and a fresh take from talented directors and writers who don’t normally do horror films, Halloween brings the franchise back to life in a fresh, relevant and fun way.”

But it's neither FUNNY nor SCARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2018 5:48 PM

Reply 84 Perceived flaws???? LOL!! Nice one, pr troll!

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2018 5:58 PM

reply 97 It's the only horror movie out at Halloween, and it's a longstanding franchise. Of course it did well...doesn't make it any good.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2018 5:59 PM

I think Hell Fest and The Nun are still in theaters ...

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2018 7:23 PM

My main issue was the disposable characters, which sounds like a dumb nitpick for a slasher film, but the original Halloween wasn't a dumb slasher flick. If you're promising to go back to the original roots and do a film like that where the characters had personality and you don't deliver, you deserve to have your film trashed.

Also, all this talk about how emotional the film is was pure bullshit. Every time a scene starts to get emotional and truthful, it cuts away.

I agree with the other people who said the doctor and Allyson's boyfriend didn't even need to be in the film. They were just eating up run time that could have gone into developing the new set of victims. I actually liked the Vicky and Dave characters, but that's more a testament to the actors who found some way to make them endearing. I'd have liked spending a bit more time with them.

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2018 8:45 PM

I liked the doctor twist.

But it was underdeveloped, like everything else. The show simply had too many characters to do any one of them or their themes justice.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2018 6:31 AM

Best movie in the "franchise" was the original, closely followed by H2O. Every other off-shoot made since then can suck it. (although I'm really looking forward to seeing the new one in a few days)

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2018 6:49 AM

Did anyone notice that Michael was allowed to kill (horribly) the little white boy, but the black boy was allowed to live?

Also, it annoyed me that all the teenage boys had long hair. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2018 6:06 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis is on the cover of next week 's People magazine to promote the film and talk about her 10 year battle with opiates

She's been on the cover of everything to promote this movie, Entertainment Weekly, Good Housekeeping, Parade, New York etc

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2018 7:02 PM

Well, Jamie Lee is the reason this movie's made so much money. Her return is a big deal and she's great in the movie even if the film itself never rises to her level.

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2018 9:31 PM

I am VERY surprised that Halloween made 11 million between this Monday and Tuesday- Am I crazy, or is that pretty good??

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2018 11:33 PM

Sorry, link~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2018 11:34 PM

R104 Whose ugly nephews did they pick to play the teenage boys? All three were disgustapusses. The little black boy was cute but his “sassy” scene was contrived. The murder of the young white boy was shocking, and put a bad taste in everyone’s mouth, in my theater. It was at this time that everyone started kind of looking at each other like WTF is up with this movie?

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2018 11:37 PM

It all seemed so randomly plotted.

Why didn’t Michael kill the girl in the backseat of the police car appointment they were locked in there together ?

Why go through so much trouble to set up the Australian bloggers, and then have them killed where no one who knew them could see it, or enjoy the sense of Michael ‘s retribution for having been taunted by them.

by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2018 12:05 AM

R109 glad you mentioned the little boy. I really couldn’t believe they went there killing a kid like that. Truly horrible. The murders were pretty intense and I’ve seen a lot of horror. Mixed bag of a film. A lot of idiotic characters that weren’t memorable like the ones in the 78 version and stupid dialogue. Greer looked more like the younger sister of Curtis. But the Michael scenes when he’s in action were well done.

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2018 1:05 AM

Incidentally, I'm reminded of when Steven Spielberg decided to age-up the kids in JURASSIC PARK. He felt that children that young in peril would make an audience uneasy. I was 13 when that film came out and read THE MAKING OF JURASSIC PARK, but didn't think much of it... until this movie. Now I know what Spielberg was getting at.

by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2018 1:29 AM

There were supposedly 80 previous versions of the script. This was the best of the 80??? Such a mess.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2018 2:08 AM

R109 The kid playing Dave was Miles Robbins- the son of Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon. He also played William in the XFiles reboot. He was awful in that, but okay in Halloween. He's not a looker, but he wasn't as fug as the other two guys.

Especially the chubby who got impaled on the fence. Why would he think Allison would be into him? His obnoxious personality?

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2018 2:12 AM

Why are some here such pansies about child murder in movies?I thought the kill of the white boy was brilliant and served notice that this film would break some rules.

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2018 2:16 AM

Why didn't Laurie turn the lights on when she was checking each room in her house for Michael? That made no sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2018 2:18 AM

R115 Pansies? Get lost breeder.

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2018 2:37 AM

You're right, r116.

That was another "contrived purely for thrills" nonsense.

The only plausible explanation would be that Laurie wanted to stalk and surprise Michael just like Michael wants to do to Laurie.

But that's stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2018 4:46 AM

I kinda thought the murder of the kid was one of the few times this movie took a big risk and, for just a second, the film was scary and felt unsafe. I like that about horror movies. I want to feel like I'm in the hands of someone who doesn't have my best intentions in mind and will show me things I didn't want to see.

If anything, there wasn't enough danger or stakes in this movie. I mean, the lead of the film is a woman who actually hopes the killer will escape and come after her.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2018 4:51 AM

I rewatched H20. It's a much better movie than H40 and a more realistic take on Laurie. She WOULD NOT stick around Haddonfield. She would start over somewhere else and change her name to escape the tabloid drama, etc.. The whole movie is much scarier.

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2018 2:34 PM

Agreed R120, had to rewatch it after suffering through this overhyped piece of shit. H20 is a much more inspired entry in the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2018 3:02 PM

R120,121 you guys are joking right? H20 is a Scream knockoff featuring Michael Myers

The mask is HORRIBLE, the music sucks, the atmosphere, except for the opening kill in Haddonfield, sucks

I could go on...

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2018 3:13 PM

R110, I thought they were English, not Australian.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2018 3:47 PM

Yes, the actors/characters are English.

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2018 4:30 PM

H20 is not the same plot as SCREAM by a long shot.

It's a deft, logical and interesting movie with great themes, characters and plot twists. I would have made the lighting darker and stalk scenes scarier, but the characters, themes and story are solid.

PUKE unto the people who are rating 2018 over H20 -- they probably haven't seen them both.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2018 4:44 PM

H20 has its flaws, but I did think it was a little bit better than the new movie from a script standpoint alone.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2018 5:47 PM

H20 is like The Godfather compared to 2018 Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2018 6:04 PM

AMC is doing a marathon of all the HALLOWEENS on Halloween!

Paramount Network is doing the ELM STREETS and IFC is doing all the ALIENS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2018 10:27 PM

I just saw it today and while I enjoyed it, I did feel like it played like one of the better sequels and isn't really worth the critical acclaim it's apparently received.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2018 10:52 PM

I don't get all the love for it, either. I thought the pod cast guy holding up the mask to Michael and yelling at him was ridiculous. So goofy. Maybe that put me off the rest of the movie.

The two cops arguing about sandwiches was unnecessary and kind of out of place. They seemed so incompetent.

I wasn't that impressed with Judy Greer's character, but she seems to be getting high praise. And I know they probably want to make a few sequels, but wtf wouldn't Laurie unload one of her many guns at Michael when he was trapped in the basement? After all her paranoia, I'm sure she'd want to be absolutely certain he was dead, not just leave him to the fire. Dumb dumb dumb.

Overall, not that memorable or great.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2018 11:06 PM

The picture resonates: Laurie is still traumatized from an event that happened 40 years ago when she was a teenager. She escaped death. She built a fortress. Dr. Christine Ford is clearly disturbed by what happened to her 36 years ago, when she was a teenager. She escaped rape/suffocation. She had her house specially modified for extra escape exits.

by Anonymousreply 131October 26, 2018 12:36 AM

Just saw the movie. I dunno, I was bored shitless.

by Anonymousreply 132October 26, 2018 1:23 AM

Miles looks like Mary Louise Parker w/o makeup when he had long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2018 1:38 AM

You can smell the PR shill desperation to stick up for H40:PU! and manically defend it and attack any of us who dare call out the flick as the mediocre mess it truly is, I mean the “Oscar” buzz being thrown about is the kind of bullshit best kept to the Trump rallies.

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2018 2:50 AM

I'm not the loon who keeps making duplicate HALLOWEEN threads, Oscar lunacy and positive reviews of the 2018 film, r134.

But I am a fan of H20 — it's one of only 4 movies in the franchise that even hold water, as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2018 3:58 AM

Wow, HALLOWEEN only did 53% of what it did last weekend.

That's about 3% better than an average film. I was expecting a MUCH stronger hold because of the holiday.

I GUESS THIS MOVIE SUCKS. It's not benefiting from word of mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 28, 2018 7:42 PM

The Rob Zombie films are among the worst films ever made by anyone ever in the history of the universe.

by Anonymousreply 137October 28, 2018 7:48 PM

It's just sorta there. Mostly bland and soulless. I didn't care about any of the new characters, but it's nice to see Jamie Lee again and I'm happy the movie's doing well for her, because I've always liked her and she seems like a swell gal. It's better than say 5, 6, and 8, but that's not exactly high praise. Even despite Michael looking scarier than he has in years (and they FINALLY got that fucking mask right again!), the movie itself just isn't very suspenseful or scary.

by Anonymousreply 138October 28, 2018 8:10 PM

R136- Get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 139October 28, 2018 9:08 PM

R139 you first, pr cunt!

by Anonymousreply 140October 28, 2018 9:11 PM

R136 the drop isn't that bad at all, horror films ALWAYS have the biggest second week drops of any genre, on average they drop about 75%

The F13 remake had a 90% (!) week 2 drop!

by Anonymousreply 141October 28, 2018 9:47 PM

^That's right, it's the biggest hit in the franchise history, article states: "The latest installment, directed by David Gordon Green, slid a relatively modest 58 percent – especially good for a horror release – after setting a record for an October debut last weekend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 28, 2018 10:08 PM

I am seeing it again....on Halloween!

by Anonymousreply 143October 28, 2018 10:09 PM

R136 the movie was #1 at the box office again and has grossed $127 million stateside (and an additional $46 million overseas) on a production budget of $10 million. I'm sure the filmmakers are crying all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 144October 28, 2018 10:27 PM

And the reason it's always made money is mostly by exploiting the Halloween holiday and giving people something to do on Halloween.

These movies AREN'T about Halloween.

John Carpenter and Deborah Hill never thought about connecting it to Halloween until just before production of the 1978 original. Their concept and the script was originally called "The Babysitter Killer."

They very cheaply exploited the holiday by grafting the setting on to Michael Myers as a marketing ploy just weeks before the production.

So pat the holiday on the back for half of this box office, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 145October 28, 2018 11:05 PM

You horseface.

by Anonymousreply 146October 28, 2018 11:50 PM

Will the people voting for Halloween 3 in the poll please explain yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 147October 29, 2018 11:16 PM

It's a good movie, that's why. Creepy town, sinister plot, great score, Nancy Loomis being Nancy Loomis. It was a nice little breather. People need to unclench when it comes to this movie.

by Anonymousreply 148October 30, 2018 2:41 AM

It's lame, unmotivated, underdeveloped and worst of all, unscary. Cheesy, unconvincing special effects and cheesy kills.

It's a campy train wreck and that's why horror fans hate Part 3 the most of all Halloween films.

Why don't you start by explaining why a cult of "evil sorcerers" would want to kill everybody in the world?

What do they gain by that?

And won't their demon overlords be upset that they wasted millions of innocent people before the demons got the chance to seduce their souls?

A lot of nice people went to heaven without any reward to Satan.

by Anonymousreply 149October 30, 2018 6:11 AM

Halloween III is a great film.

by Anonymousreply 150October 30, 2018 8:32 AM

[quote]Why don't you start by explaining why a cult of "evil sorcerers" would want to kill everybody in the world?

[quote]What do they gain by that?

LOL

by Anonymousreply 151October 30, 2018 8:33 AM

The bipolar Halloween fanatic is bumping his propaganda thread, so I'll make room for the people with common sense instead of that deranged troll posting to itself through deleted cookie browsers.

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2018 7:35 PM

Good movie.

by Anonymousreply 153November 4, 2018 4:42 PM

Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 154November 5, 2018 1:53 AM

Just watched the film on blu-ray and thought it wasn't much better than any of the other sequels. I don't know why everyone was raving about it or about Jamie Lee Curtis' performance. So overrated.

by Anonymousreply 155February 3, 2019 3:25 AM

Just watched it. I did not think it was bad, but did not think it was worthy of all the good reviews it got when it came out. I thought Jamie did a good job, but I remember people thinking she could get an Oscar nomination, which seems to be a stretch.

I know you have to suspend disbelief in movies like this, but I think the hardest thing I had getting past is that they transported Michael in a regular school bus without any precautions and it conveniently went by the town he terrorized 40 years earlier to the day.

[quote]She WOULD NOT stick around Haddonfield.

Not to mention her estranged daughter settling down there when it clearly a bad childhood there.

by Anonymousreply 156February 3, 2019 3:45 AM

I do think that, despite its flaws, H20 gave us a much more interesting and emotionally fulfilling reunion movie for Michael and Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 157February 3, 2019 4:33 AM

You would think after years of target practice Granny Strode would have done him in with a single bullet or two as opposed to burning down her house.

by Anonymousreply 158February 4, 2019 7:35 PM

R158 who is Granny Strode?

by Anonymousreply 159February 4, 2019 7:43 PM

R159 - he was referring to Laurie/Jamie Lee Curtiss.

I watched the extras which had an extended scene of the target practice. It did seem odd after focusing so much on Laurie and her marksmanship for her not to shoot him. I suppose they wanted the imagery of him burning in hell and a way to have him appear alive in a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 160February 4, 2019 7:58 PM

The burning scene at the end was part of a reshoot last summer where they retooled the entire finale. I believe there was originally supposed to be a knife fight between Laurie and Michael on the front lawn and Judy Greer steps in and shoots Michael with a crossbow. He was to limp out into the woods, wounded but clearly still alive, while Laurie and co. hitchhike in the back of the truck.

I'm sure we'll see the original ending when they release the sequel and repackage this movie in a brand new special limited edition with "footage too extreme for theaters." LOL!

by Anonymousreply 161February 4, 2019 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!