Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Gypsy Men

Anyone here been with one?

The guys are smoking hot. Rough and tumble, with a swarthily handsome look. On that "My American Gypsy Wedding" show, the guys are all sexy.

Since they all get married at 16, I'm assuming that they are groomed to be straight. But I have to wonder if they ever dabble with other guys?

They must be good in bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2018 11:54 AM

They basically look Italian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2018 9:25 PM

They're all tops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2018 9:25 PM

I’ve had one. Uncut, hung like a mule, but he was into very vanilla mutual masturbation (which was sort of a relief, considering how sore my jaw was after only a minute or so of trying to negotiate that monster). Hairy, dark, swarthy. I wanted a repeat, but I never saw him again.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2018 9:30 PM

Why are the women always fighting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2018 9:31 PM

Hottie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2018 9:32 PM

Just caught an episode with this gypsy guy JR at his bachelor party.

He got into a bar fight with another patron, and all I can say is that his testosterone fueled rage was a huge turn on!

Love when he rips his shirt off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2018 9:52 PM

More bad-boy fixation from a distance here at the DL. They'll steal you blind, they are uneducated, they scam the system and their teeth are bad.

They're hot for about 10 minutes between childhood and adulthood.

Help yourselves. (HIde your belongings.)

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2018 10:04 PM

🎶No cares

No strings

My heart has wings

If I am fancy free

And love to wander

It's just the Gypsy in my hole🎵

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 10:17 PM

Are there any famous gypsy men? Hollywood movie stars, rockstars?

Also, aren’t they all short? I don’t mind short men, just wondering.

My ex is German. He and his family always referred to gypsy people as the scum of the earth. The scourge of Europe, and Germany. It really bothered me when I’d hear them talk like that. I dumped his ass, fortunately.

I was friends with a gypsy girl in high school. She came in from another town, and really tried hard in school, and did well. She was tacky as fuck, especially in our school, but I thought she was beautiful, and I’d let her do my makeup during lunch. She’s hang out at my house after school, and tutored her in Spanish. She ended up married with a baby soon after, but she was happy. She ended up opening up a small pizza parlor with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 10:18 PM

I always figured gypsies hailed from Romania or somewhere like that, then I heard the ‘gyp’ part of Gypsy was derived from ‘Egyptian’.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 10:22 PM

What about Tramps and Thieves?

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 10:23 PM

[quote] Are there any famous gypsy men? Hollywood movie stars, rockstars?

I did a search of "American Gypsy Men" and a picture of Elvis came up.

Was he really an American Gypsy? I could believe it. He also has those swarthy looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Do they all have unfortunate teeth?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 10:27 PM

From that American Gypsy Wedding show, I've learned that there are Romanichal Gypsies, who are actually from Romania.

There are also Irish Traveler Gypsies, who are obviously from Ireland.

And one more group... Tudor Gypsies, or something like that. Not sure where they came from.

Most of them look like any other white Americans you'd see all over the country, the only difference being that they are heavily into their Gypsy culture and traditions.

The thing I dislike most about their culture is that the wife stays home to cook and clean, while the man goes out to work. It's ridiculous in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2018 10:27 PM

The men are also supposed to find paving jobs, as work. Kinda weird.

From what I've seen, the majority live in Maryland and Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2018 10:29 PM

The Romas get engaged as children, and marry as soon as both are 16 or over. It’s not unusual for kids in the Roma community to be betrothed by the time they’re 5 years old.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2018 10:33 PM

They also practice arranged marriages.

On one of those wedding shows, I saw a mother force her 16 year old daughter to marry her 23 year old 4th cousin.

It was hilarious, because the narrarator didn't just refer to him as "Tony," but rather "4th cousin Tony."

The whole thing was kind of creepy. In the end, they actually did get married, all with the urging of the girl's mother.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2018 10:36 PM

"You see your GYPSY!!!"

Stevie Nicks 1982

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2018 10:38 PM

The Nazi’s didn’t seem to have much affection for them.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2018 10:42 PM

Gypsies aren't "Egyptian" r10. I've seen gypsies in Europe from Bulgaria, and of course Romania.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2018 10:54 PM

Their being Egyptian is apparently a myth. They've been shown to have originated in northern indian.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2018 10:57 PM

Interesting, r21. I wondered how many have such dark skin. That explains it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2018 11:01 PM

They’re Indians

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2018 11:11 PM

Was Elvis really a Gypsy? Maybe his family were Irish Travelers?

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2018 5:52 PM

R23 you mean like Snow Mexicans?

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2018 5:55 PM

[quote]They also practice arranged marriages.

As said ], they originated in India. This explains some of their customs.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2018 7:03 PM

Gross leeches

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2018 8:41 PM

They are scam artists.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Like Jack Klugman, Karl Malden, Boyd Gaines, Peter Riegert, Jonathan Hadary, and John Dossett? That kind of "Gypsy" men?

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2018 9:45 PM

Raymond Burr was an Irish gypsy

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2018 9:46 PM

They behave just as badly over here as they do in Europe and commit many of the same scams. For example, preying on the elderly. The black top scam was pulled on my grandmother. Rang her door bell and told her that as they passed her property they noticed her driveway had problems they could fix for her at a very 'reasonable' price. They quickly poured a shitty uneven layer of blacktop on it and then intimidated her into writing a check made out to them for several hundred dollars. Younger gypsy females scamming lonely elderly men. When I worked as a hotel manager,I had an older white man use his credit card to check in with a slightly younger 'romani' looking woman. After several days, the card stopped getting approval for more funds. Turns out the man was gone and an entire gypsy family was now inhabiting the room. Had to repeatedly threaten calling the police to get them out.

At link , are recent videos shot in San Francisco of them begging around Market Street. If you notice the infants they have in their arms are almost always sleeping. That's because they drug them to keep them compliant while they are at work. Also, the kids they use are often not even the offspring of the beggar. They pass them around among themselves because if they have them it elicits greater symphyse from passers by and thus larger donations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2018 9:48 PM

Hmm. Perhaps old habits die hard.

Why don’t they just go to school, get an education, and have decent careers? Begging for money and scamming the elderly looks like a lot of work.

West Hollywood was packed with them in the late 90s. They sold roses in bars. They were everywhere, and one day, they were all gone.

Travelers and Romas are two completely different types of gypsies. Elvis allegedly descends from the Romas.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2018 4:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up, R31.

That's kind of terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2018 4:20 AM

Ronnie Wood of the Stones came from a Romani gypsy family. They all lived on boats. He was the first in his family to have been born on dry land.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2018 4:37 AM

More:

FAMOUS CELEBRITIES OF ROMANI ORIGIN

Michael Caine (1933) Charlie Chaplin (1889-1977) Yul Brynner (1920-1985) Elvis Prisley (1935-1977) Bob Hoskins (1942-2014) Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Rita Hayworth (1918-1987)

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2018 4:39 AM

Are they like a cousin of hobos?

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2018 4:43 AM

They're all over Italy. There was one leathery woman with a husky voice who frequented the Ponte Vecchio. You'd see others with fabric swaddled up to look like babies.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2018 4:45 AM

[quote] Ronnie Wood of the Stones came from a Romani gypsy family. They all lived on boats.

Wow, cool. Like that movie Chocolat.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2018 4:48 AM

LA designer Michael Costello from Project Runway said during his original season, that he's a Roma Gypsy.

Now that he's extremely successful, I wonder if his deadbeat relatives hit him up for money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2018 4:51 AM

yep they are sexy!!!

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2018 4:51 AM

they don't look indian to me, more southern european-middle eastern.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2018 4:52 AM

Gypsy is considered a derogatory term like the n-word. Just ask the Actor’s Equity Union. They forbid the tradition of the Gypsy Robe and re-named it even though theatre folk call themselves gypsies. Anyhow there was quite a lot of pushback about the name-change and the ending of that tradition. But if the word Gypsy is a racial slur like the n word then it shouldn’t be used.

Quick story...I was in Spain decades ago and a Romani woman threw her “baby” at someone - it was just a bunch of blankets wrapped up but the man was pickpocketed while he panicked about the “baby”. GYPSIES TRAMPS AND THEIVES?

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2018 4:54 AM

Very interesting ties to Mormon culture ("Romney"=gypsy) The handcarts the Mormons pulled across the plains to Salt Lake were derived from roma practice. That said today's Roma are more likely to be pentecostal than Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2018 5:05 AM

R42, I had no idea that gypsy was a derogatory slur. Thanks for that heads up. But it seems to be widely used, still. Even “My Big Fat Gypsy American Wedding “, or whatever the name of that reality series is called, uses it in their title.

R41, I think most look Southern Italian. Theresa Guidice and her kids all look Roma.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2018 5:12 AM

Paris : Son of former President Giscard D'Estaing robbed of 1000 Euros by a pair of Roma teenagers

Henri Giscard d'Estaing was the victim of a violent robbery at the end of September when he was withdrawing money from a cash from an ATM in Paris. The amount taken was approximately a thousand euros. Henri Giscard d'Estaing, son of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who was president of the republic from 1974 to 1981, was attacked by two Roma teenagers ten days ago, in Paris (XV), while he was withdrawing money. Henri Giscard d'Estaing, 61, President of Club Med and former General Counsel of Loir-et-Cher visited the premises of BNP Bank on Boulevard de Montparnasse on 30 September for a withdrawal. When he entered the lobby, he didn't pay attention to two Roma teenagers, busy near another ATM. The son of VGE entered his pin code. At that moment, the two teenagers rushed over to him, jostled him and typed in the requested amount. They pushed Giscard d'Estaing away and managed to grab the money before running away, leaving the victim alone in the locked vestibule area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2018 5:56 AM

Again, why won’t they go to school and get regular jobs? Are they forbidden to go to public schools in Europe? Why do they continue to live in poverty and crime, rather than assimilating?

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2018 6:09 AM

If you watch that "My American Gypsy Wedding" show R46, you'll see that they are VERY stubborn people, and that they sort of take pride in their backwardness.

They keep saying the words "culture" and "tradition" and "pride" over and over and over again. Of course, these words are probably referring to their criminal ways, and not what other people would think of as culture, tradition and pride.

One episode even showed the mother of the bride forcing her non-Gypsy fiance (called "Gorgers") to prove that he could live the life, by shoveling gravel and paving a road with it. It was bizarre. He was also expected to change HIS last name to the Gypsy last name, to prove loyalty to the family.

It's a very archaic way of thinking, but it's ingrained into their kids, and they use fear of being "shunned" as a means of discipline.

Also, men are expected to work and provide for the family, while women are expected to cook, clean, and take care of the kids. Oh, and in one instance, the female said that she wasn't allowed to drink alcohol, or question the husband (if he went out drinking) where he was, or when he would come back.

Basically, it's like they are stuck in the 1500's, and both the men and women had no problem with their roles. It was completely bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2018 6:24 AM

Thanks, R47. I’ve never watched the program you referenced. Doubt that I will, so I’ll take your word for it.

I assume some people get out of the community. I’d have a very difficult time living in squalor, with little resources. And if these people are good cons, they’re not stupid, or even lazy. They’re just stuck in, as you say, a backwards way of thinking.

What a shame, and what a waste.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2018 1:40 AM

First dick I sucked was my Roma neighbor Steve, I was 10, he was 12. He was really good looking with an average dick. We became fuck buddies for a couple of years. From that first suck session we rapidly ramped in up to fucking, he was totally versatile, I'd fuck him, he'd turn around and fuck me. It only stopped when we moved out of the area. I heard through the grapevine that he died at the age of 20 from some type of heart disease.

When they first moved in next door my father - right in front of Steve forbid me to associate with him. He walked way sad but i had the feeling this wasn't the first time this had happened to him. But his family had partially assimilated to American ways, for instance, his dad bought old cars at auction, fixed them up and then sold them for a profit. So eventually Steve and I were able to become friends, and then fuck buddies.

Regarding why some don't the go to school or get regular jobs etc, because it's a basic tenant of their "religion", it is their duty to steal from the gorger. In some big cities, there'll be a whole police unit devoted to just to deal with the Roma and their scams. There's a whole myth behind this stealing, scamming stuff, google it.

BTW the show "Shut Eye" is about a Gorger conman dealing with Roma rivals, it stars the very sexy Jeffrey Donovan as the Gorger. Give it a shot, it's lot of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2018 2:38 AM

I worked for a company where the owner was particularly upset about the discrimination against gypsies who suffered so terribly in the holocaust. So he hired a bunch. For years they were model employees: and then bam, millions of dollars disappeared

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2018 3:58 AM

Hot story R49!

Depending on the dialect of the Roma language, the term for non-Roma is "Gajo" or "Gadje" or "Gadzhe" -- I've never seen "Gorger" used before.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2018 5:17 AM

[italic]Gypsy Boy[/italic] by Mikey Walsh, one of the best books I’ve ever read, is the autobiography of a gay Romany gypsy in England. An eye-opener.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2018 6:56 AM

[quote]r49 I heard through the grapevine that he died at the age of 20 from some type of heart disease

Steve died of a BROKEN heart, you monster!

He LOVED you ! !

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2018 7:26 AM

The Roma are a nation accredited to the UN - without a land.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2018 10:05 AM

Travellers , Roma, Gypsies. etc. they are not to be fucked with. Even inside their own culture it is pretty dark. Outside it can get really ugly.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2018 10:11 AM

Are they testing the virginity of the girl before the wedding in America ?

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2018 10:14 AM

R56 There is no testing. The whole situation is awful.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2018 10:18 AM

To answer OP's question, that show featured two different gypsy gay weddings.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2018 10:25 AM

You’d better stay away from those.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2018 11:19 AM

R38 Chocolat was more romanticized.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2018 11:21 AM

Yep r59 Nothing comes good from those folk.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2018 11:21 AM

R10 You’re confusing two words in there: Rom ( who are the gypsy people) and Romanian (nationality).

Rom are not necessarily Romanian folks. They can have different nationalities.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2018 11:27 AM

R62 YOU are confusing the two. Roma (the "gypsy people" as you say) or Romanian. Two totally different cultures.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2018 11:32 AM

R63 You’re basically saying what I wrote. They’re two different cultures. Roma is the plural of Rom.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2018 11:39 AM

You know nothing r64. What is your point of posting here?

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2018 11:41 AM

R65 First of all, why are you so upset? I didn’t disagree with you. Roma is the plural of Rom and identifies the same group of people. Romanians are a different matter. And so far so good. Chill.

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2018 11:43 AM

Not upset at all. Just bored with the non information. Take your misplaced anger elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2018 11:48 AM

Any roma dick pics anyone? Please share

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2018 11:50 AM

I’m not angry, wow. Also, what non information? I just replied to a poster who thought that gypsy people come from Romania which is NOT true. And I think we agree on this...don’t we? In fact, as I’m half Romanian, I’m a bit fed up with that connotation.

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2018 11:52 AM

Oh, of course you are r69 *EYEROLL*

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2018 11:55 AM

R70 Were are you from? You want me to switch to Romanian so I can prove it to you?

Sincer sa fiu, singurul lucru care am vrut sa fac este sa-i spun acelui poster despre aceasta diferenta, nimic mai mult. De fiecare data astia cred ca Rom=Romania, tara draga. Atata tot.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2018 11:58 AM

We are so not impressed r71! So just how tiny is your meat? It must be small if you feel you have to do all of this back and forth. Don't bother answering. No one will believe you.

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2018 12:03 PM

R72 I guess you have bigger issues than a misplaced anger....and here I thought I was talking to a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2018 12:05 PM

R73 Nighty night Boris you dumb fuck who cant even get his fake language correct.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2018 12:07 PM

Guys take it outside. You've hijacked the thread and taken all the fun out. Basta!

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2018 12:07 PM

R75 OK, you wannabe Avenatti , bring some discussion to the table then.

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2018 12:14 PM

R75 Don’t worry, I’m out of here. No point in talking with retarders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2018 12:14 PM

R77 Oh Boris, it is retards, not retarders. Retards, and you are the head retard of the retards.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2018 12:17 PM

R78 You need to do some more reading. Don’t be so worked up, Svetlana, dear. Try finding someone who will give you a nice and long fuck. You deserve it, sweetie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2018 12:39 PM

R79 proving he still does not understand the English language.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2018 12:48 PM

R76 see R77. That's the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2018 1:05 PM

Is R77’s gentleman a Rom, or a Romanian? Can anyone post his address or caravan route?

These are the important questions that need to be answered, in ENGLISH, please!

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2018 1:16 PM

The Romani People are from Northern India and Pakistan and left about 1500 years ago. No one is certain why. I read an article claiming they were Jews who were forced out when Islam came to the region. Apparently, they continue to have certain Jewish customs. I've never seen this theory repeated so who knows how valid it is. Whatever the reason, they were forced out and dispersed across Europe. I was good friends with a Romani for a while and he told me that the men are mostly illiterate and the women supported the community by fortune telling. I know this sounds like a stereotype but this guy was second generation from Florida and had no reason to lie. He was an evangelical and was trying to convert me. The men contribute by stealing. They are extremely insular and are usually in arranged marriages from infancy. They really are hot for only about 10 minutes in their early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2018 1:25 PM

R7 Thanks for the warning, Antoine.

I've only met one guy, the son of schoolteacher from my town, who was allegedly of classic "gypsy" heritage. I think his Dad was Armenian, some kind of Persian and East Indian. His Mom was Irish. He was one of the most stunning works of God's art I have ever seen. It was like God had been molding a combo of Jessie Metcalfe and Wentworth Miller and thought, "hmm, I think I'm going to take this up a notch."

He had seafoam/turquoise green eyes. Yeah, the memory was so dizzying it just made me type "seafoam" green. He had this unusual, cool olive skin. So beautiful. Hid Dad had lavender/violet eyes. Seriously. I guess these kinds of eyes are actually pretty common in Anglo-Indians/European-Indians but they stood out as incredibly unusual to me. I didn't grow up in a place with enough of a classic gypsy community or culture around, so I can't speak for the alleged shell game scams others on here claim is abundant in gypsy communities. But that guy could have robbed me blind and I'd be too distracted to remember what I even had on me to begin with, let alone even know if I'd been pick-pocketed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2018 1:31 PM

They must have mixed with Europeans in those 1500 years. They look like they have more white in them now compared to Indian Caucasians.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2018 1:33 PM

The punishment for marrying outside the community is excommunication. I don't have figures to back it up but my impression is the overwhelming majority stay in their group.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2018 2:45 PM

Tonight I saw a rerun of MBFAGW with a really cute gypsy guy: the cousin of a gypsy girl whose snaggletoothed hillbilly gorger boyfriend showed up drunk to their wedding. Supposedly the cousin is her only family (he walked her down the aisle), and they ran off together at the reception. He said he wanted to be with her, but to me he pinged really hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2018 6:19 AM

I caught that episode R87, and it was hilarious!

That guy who showed up drunk to his wedding, just cracked me up. What a loser. I would have walked out on him too.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2018 8:11 AM

"Not upset at all. Just bored with the non information. Take your misplaced anger elsewhere.

—R65"

God, the DL has a resident GYPSY??

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2018 9:39 PM

[quote]I did a search of "American Gypsy Men" and a picture of Elvis came up.

Elvis was supposedly part Melungeon—a tri-racial people (white, black, and Indian) who historically lived in Appalachia's Cumberland Gap, which encompasses parts of eastern Tennessee, southwestern Virginia, and eastern Kentucky. Ava Gardner supposedly had Melungeon ancestry as well.

A related group are the Lumbee Indians of eastern North Carolina, who are black and Native American but legally recognized as an Indian tribe. A couple of semi-famous Lumbees are Stacy Layne Matthews of Drag Race and Tatanka (Chris Chavis), the WWE wrestler. Heather Locklear also has some distant Lumbee ancestry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2018 10:14 PM

Aren't many of them like Russians, prone to thievery?

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2018 10:18 PM

Very cursory. Rocks off and goodbye. Smallish peen.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2018 10:23 PM

There are plenty of Roma who are educated, contributing members of society and don't participate in any of the activities described above. It's difficult for them to assimilate when there's outright suspicion and hostility when they are outed as Roma. There are several nonprofit organizations working to change the often unearned perception of being Roma. As gay men and women, we should understand that.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2018 10:38 PM

Beware the Romani.

Avoid the poor, avoid the wealthy!

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2018 10:40 PM

I made a new friend a few years ago with a neighbour, young pretty and very WASP-y looking. Awhile into our friendship she told me she had gypsy ancestry on her mum's Polish side. The link in her family were Scinti, from Germany. Apparently they consider themselves apart from the Roma. Her father was German, and I don't suppose anyone would ever guess by looking at her: natural blonde and blue eyes. Very striking. I think many assimilated a long while back, and probably do not tell people or are even aware of their heritage.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2018 12:05 AM

^ unaware

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Another thread about a marginalized group filled with racist trash posts.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2018 12:58 AM

Roma Yes.

Travellers Not So Much.

Generally.

But there's a tremendous amount of diversity among the Roma. I've enjoyed time with raiyen who were Spanish, German and English with differences among them, although there is a lot more freedom of movement with the EU and I wonder if that and further immigration from Turkey and Middle East will bring people together more or emphasize distinctions. I haven't gotten to know families much, but some siblings and a couple aunts. As a gadjo, a non-Gypsy guy, I always feel there's some holding back, although usually it's more like I'm treated "nicer" or with some respect.

The men in Spain have been the sexiest and most openly passionate. The Roma in England and Germany have been more furtive, but they also have been camp living, and in Spain people seem more fixed. A lot of musicians. None want to be topped, in my experience. Nothing else is off limits. A couple were engaged to women. I noticed that once brothers know you're friends with their brother they're curious - too much so. A younger brother - a shav - looking for an outlet is not my idea of a good situation, and I've avoided it. I never feel I know how far the families will go if they think someone has crossed them. But there's also a lot of homophobia and having sex with men has had nothing to do with living a gay life. Marriage is inevitable, except for men wanting to live a life outside the family. I've known two who were pretty much living on their own in an out way, but they sent money to their fathers.

I just have found Travellers to be less trustworthy, but that may be my experience only - just met them in the UK and the USA.

And, yes, there's usually bias against them, and I've known people to try to block legal caravan access or stir up legal issues. At the same time, the women still will try to sell things to people in the area and property does go missing. I have an English cousin who lives close to a camp site, though, and she says she's never had any issues and that people are just nasty to them.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2018 1:02 AM

I finally found a gay Romanichal Gypsy.

On this episode, the girl's uncle is gay and marrried. His name is Ivan.

The whole story was funny, how 18 year old Heather is marrying 15 year old Brandon, and they had only met twice before. Plus, the two families are feuding like the Hatfields and the McCoys, which makes the story even more bizarre.

Who in the fuck gets married that young???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2018 7:18 PM

These people are so trashy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 28, 2018 7:21 PM

Romas originated from India and have spread through Europe through intermarriage. I was on a tour through Greece and the guide was always on the lookout for Gypsies and didn't have a good word for any of them. They did look shiftless.

by Anonymousreply 101October 28, 2018 7:23 PM

I wonder why people think that they're trouble? lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 28, 2018 7:24 PM

Tramps & Thieves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 28, 2018 7:31 PM

Our town has a renowned Gypsy clan (the Marks), who famously laid a curse on the city after a police raid in the 1980s. Since that time, every storm, every cancer death, etc, they all attribute to the success of their curse. One of the clan (most of the men wear telltale short fedoras) was a common sight in one of the cruisy gay parks, although I never saw him having sex there, so I don't know if he was cruising or just being a voyeur. In many parts of Europe, notably Switzerland, they are required to settle. They aren't allowed to wander. They have to declare a home village and vote there. They can find a job in another town, but they have to return periodically to their home village to take care of any official business.

by Anonymousreply 104October 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Highly questionable anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 105October 28, 2018 9:53 PM

R105 They're apparently very particular about regions below the belt. I have read according to ancient gypsy customs, seperate soap, flannels, and towels are used for cleaning parts below the waist. Apparently touching any part of the body bbeliw the waist requires immediate washing up as those parts are deemed unclean, and they wish to stem any spread of contamination. On TV shows, their homes are impeccably clean.

by Anonymousreply 106October 28, 2018 9:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 28, 2018 10:10 PM

R106 Did the important research.

by Anonymousreply 108October 28, 2018 10:11 PM

R108 I have indeed read a great deal about them and their customs. I have also known three quite well. (one currently a close friend) Each of them were/are settled and not working in scam occupations. One more assimilated than the other by marrying outside gypsy circles. BTW, your Wiki link, or citation does not mention anything about their hygeine practises/customs.

by Anonymousreply 109October 28, 2018 10:22 PM

I saw an episode last night that was straight out of Jerry Springer. The guy was marrying his ex-wife's sister. The other storyline was about a young woman who wanted to go to college but her mother wanted her to get married and take care of her man. Then she introduced the daughter to a guy and he proposed right on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2018 11:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!