Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Love Wins (*only for the white, cisgender, and gay)

Op-Ed from a Columbia student from SF about the state of queer inclusivity on campus. Interesting read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 11:28 PM

She seems disappointed that her whitegays™ didn't throw her a parade upon arrival at Columbia. Poor thing, it must be miserable being privileged, accepted and loved.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Eh -- she'll marry a man and have two kids, both gender-neutral.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2018 3:38 PM

Some of us choose to live in a "the grass is always greener over there!" life when their lives suck by constantly comparing it to others.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2018 3:44 PM

Apparently I didn't get the memo that every non-hetero is supposed to have an altar of icons to Marsha P. Johnson on their premises.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2018 4:29 PM

"The author is a sophomore"

If ever there was a more justified use of sophomoric, it would be this garbage article. R4 said it best. Instead of being "excited to breathe the same air as Marsha P. Johnson and many other queer and trans people of color" why doesn't she mosey her E.X.H.A.U.S.T.I.N.G. ass down to Greenwich Village to the AIDS memorial and recognize some real fucking struggles people had rather than her boo-hoo "queerness."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2018 5:12 PM

'She is not your model minority and refuses to be used as a pawn in the game of white supremacy."

Exhausting is right. Seriously, she needs to shut her mouth and her vag.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2018 5:15 PM

We'll, Columbia is the same school that coddled the Mattress Girl (wonder what happened to her anyway?)

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2018 6:33 PM

I was drowning in her college buzzword-speak while reading that article.

[quote]I couldn’t even validate my own feelings because I was complicit in my own erasure.

That's on you, honey, and ONLY you. She needs to take several seats.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 6:40 PM

I find her overt homophobia . . . problematic. She never says why gay white men grind her gears, she's just offended by the thought of them walking around, existing.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 8:55 PM

Are white, cis, gay men really in charge of all queer spaces? I feel like we (myself being one of them) have been pushed to the side and no longer are the majority members anyway. Maybe at a gay bar, sure. But not at a campus organization.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 9:15 PM

“White” gays (read: everyday gays) just either abstain from this drama and grin and bear it, or they up and walk away R10. But even if they do that, the fun-suckers like this “queer POC” make up some other goal posting bullshit. Bi-erasure!!! (No, people just don’t care) Sexual racism!!! (Talked about to death here) Add BLACK AND BROWN to the Pride flag!!! (Okay gurl I’m done)

When people walk away, they get all pissy but no one wants to be around them in the first place because they aren’t fun! Like this chick. She wants to whine about how she can’t be her true self but that’s because she’s LONELY because she’s fucking exhausting and not even the gays want to be around her. So now she wants to be “queer” thinking she can strong-arm her way into the clique that way, but instead she gets the biggest SURE JAN in the universe. So now it’s the “whiteness” of gay men that’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 10:30 PM

Honey, if gay life seems to have too many white gay men in it for your taste, it's because the gay white men have come out of the closet in much greater numbers than bisexual people of color.

Go harangue at the bisexual people of color then, if you can find them.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 11:24 PM

Well there are a few here on DL. Who like to lecture us on being "effeminate" and "stereotypical".

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 11:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!