Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I really don't think I can take much more.

I have always been healthy, but once I hit 50 everything started going downhill. I needed glasses, fell walking the dog and jacked up my arm. I'm getting very close veins and my hair is almost white!!! What's next-grandma seizures??

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6710/16/2018

It only gets worse. trust me.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 110/11/2018

I'm keeping "very close veins."

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 210/11/2018

What the hell does “very close veins” mean?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 310/11/2018

Varicose veins, R3.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 410/11/2018

I understend your despeer, OP. I doo.

Eet sounds almost as bed as being boolied.

Call me, ve vill commizerate end haf dreenks!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 510/11/2018

Old age isn't for sissies.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 610/11/2018

There are some positives. I've been wearing glasses since I was 10 but at age 57 I finally passed the driver's license vision test without any. After 41 years of a "restricted" license! Asking me to read something, however, may be problematic.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 710/11/2018

R7 Same here. The last time I had an eye exam, my eyesight had improved. The optometrist said it sometimes happens with age,

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 810/11/2018

What is a grandma seizure?

Please tell me you were making a funny with "very close veins," OP.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 910/11/2018

Grandma seizure= grand mail seizures.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1010/12/2018

Mike) The world's a horrible place

Archie) Then why don't you leave

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1110/12/2018

R10, I thought it was Grand Maul Seizures

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1210/12/2018

varicose veins and grand mal seizures. Dumbass.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1310/12/2018

Here's hoping OP's mental maturity catches up with his age-related frailties.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1410/12/2018

It’s Grand MAUL Seizures you dumb hoes.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1510/12/2018

Just wait till you get seniors discounts without being asked. It's pretty much a given that things go into rapid decline around 50, very few people are spared and make it to old age without health issues. The worst thing for me personally is that my parents are elderly and not doing very well. Trying to help when you feel terrible yourself plus getting a preview of things to come is not a pleasant experience.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1610/12/2018

Just turned 49, It gets better! Get to the gym every day even if it’s just 30 minutes on the bike and light stretching. I fell in the shower two years ago and went down like a bag of bricks and tore my shoulder ligament and it took forever to heal.

I was spooked by series of sun blisters on my nose so 70 SPF sunscreen at all times too.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1710/12/2018

I will be rounding that corner soon and am worried about prostate problems after 50. Are they unavoidable?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1810/12/2018

Stay physically active and eat healthy. Get regular check ups for god’s sake take your prescribed meds as ordered.

Aging sucks but it is what it is, and you’re far from alone. You’ve made it this far, try and enjoy life without focusing so much on your age.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 1910/12/2018

Old bags should be thrown away.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2010/12/2018

I thought OP meant that he could see his veins through his skin when he said "very close" but varicose makes more sense. LOL

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2110/12/2018

Actually, it's "grand mal."

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2210/12/2018

Grandma seizures? Very close veins? I think you may have early onset Old-timers.... you should get that checked out.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2310/12/2018

People always say getting old is not so bad as long as you have your health, but if you don’t have that, it really sucks.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2410/12/2018

Jackie On Assistance had very close veins, and then she died.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2510/12/2018

They are called *grand mal seizures* not Grandma seizures, you silly goose. Go see an endo, get your hormones checked, and get on testosterone replacement therapy. It'll take 10 years away.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2610/12/2018

Dear friends, grand maul is a DL meme. We know it’s wrong.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2710/12/2018

It’s Grand Maul!!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2810/12/2018

They're Very Close to the Surface Veins.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 2910/12/2018

These medical conditions are of a jandra unknown to bossy old R26.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3010/12/2018

I'm so glad I grew up in a family where aging was seen as no big deal, and in fact it was even celebrated. In my family, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, and yes, even 90th birthdays (longevity runs in the family) were usually big celebrations. And there was none of this decorating in black and your life is over stuff. My brother and I turned 50 with no qualms whatsoever. We were taught to appreciate the wisdom you should gain with age, and we both wouldn't go back. The trade off is you lose some of your vitality, but the reality is our body continues to age and break down until we die.

I can't stand this modern obsession with youth and not accepting aging. It's the source of the infamous DL delusion that 40-something year olds pass for their 20s. I started graying prematurely in my late 20s, which is another family trait, and I just accepted it. By my late 30s and early 40s, I was getting compliments from strangers on the beautiful shade of gray my hair was. I'd never color it. Now in my 50s, my age has caught up to my hair. If people in the US worked more on their inner selves instead of obsessing about how they look, we'd have a better country. Instead, shallow, material concerns about appearances rule the day.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3110/12/2018

Lol R20.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3210/12/2018

Well, smell you, R31! Some of us don't feel like waking up in pain and taking their body weight in meds every day all because it's part of life.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3310/12/2018

Not seizures.

Impotence, OP, impotence.

The only thing you'll be able to get up is your blood pressure.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3410/12/2018

@ R26 . Testosterone therapy can take away more than ten years of your life by increasing your risk for cancer and cardiac disease, among other problems. One successful truism for getting older is to 'reduce your risks' . Raising your health risks for some kind of short term gain is a fool's game.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3510/12/2018

The grandma seizures discussion made me cry, lmao. Thanks OP!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3610/12/2018

You're getting OLD???? Well, boo-hoo-hoo. Join the club, sister.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3710/12/2018

It’s too late for early onset anything, toots.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3810/12/2018

I was always healthy until I hit my lat 40s and menopause hit. I started having distorted hearing and vertigo attacks (it turned out to be Meniere's) they did a MRI and found an unrelated brain aneurysm behind my left eye. Then horrible anxiety and insomnia hit.

I'm finally beyond that and feeling good at age 61. I eat a plant based diet, walk, hike, bike and do yoga. My weight is excellent. I still can only sleep 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night and I tend to go through stages of drinking too much. Other than that things are good.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 3910/12/2018

It's grandma seizures or you bitches have never been mauled by a mee-maw like mine. Old Irish lady with a cane that she used to enforce her righteous ideals. We avoided her until she got a wheelchair.

OP, here's my two cent advice: take the hints your body is giving you and get a work up to find out what you can do to help the transition be smoother and lighter. No sense in feeling pain you don't have to if you do some basic stretching or get a 15 minute walk in the morning. Also improves digestion and disposition.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4010/12/2018

R35 Not if you are a fool who prefers quality to quantity. Life isn’t necessarily a contest to see how long you can live. It’s about how well you live it!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4110/12/2018

R15, out here in the Valley, it's Grand Mall.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4210/12/2018

Make sure you prepay for your burial plot or else no one will claim the body.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4310/12/2018

In Hawa-ii we call it Grand Maui.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4410/12/2018

40 here and can't lose weight for shit. I've even tried the insane fasting "diets" and I don't lose weight! I'm basically done trying.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4510/12/2018

Here in Oxymoronia, it's Grand Small.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4610/12/2018

R45 you have to lose weight on a water fast. You lose at least a pound a day. Do a 20 to 30 day one and you’ll be brand new.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4710/12/2018

OP, whenever I get in your mood, I just remember Tony Danza a Danza for Money and any old music will do.

Now, piss off my story is on.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4810/13/2018
by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 4910/13/2018

Oh, you'll take it, OP. You'll take it and you'll fucking like it! Damn you!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5010/13/2018

I'm 55 and not getting the W&Ws I used to get. It seemed to happen overnight. In fact I thought the system had broken (and was ready to send a handwritten note to Muriel). But apparently not. I guess I'll get used to it.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5110/14/2018

[quote]I needed glasses, fell walking the dog and jacked up my arm.

What does that mean "jacked up my arm"?

& what happened to the dog while all this was going on?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5210/14/2018

I’m 53 and laughing my ass off at this thread, HAHA! There are some assholes on this site but so many genuinely witty posters that I can never quit it.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5310/14/2018

Good to have humor as we age. I laugh about waking up in the morning feeling like I helped someone move the day before, but remembered that I only walked to the store. I'm thankful that at age 64 this old man can still get around without help, takes no medication (except for an occasional Tylenol or aspirin), and catches one cold each year. I'm thankful because I know that my health could change by the next day. I try to enjoy each day and will deal (with humor, as possible) when something significant happens.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5410/14/2018

Is your dick failing to work?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5510/14/2018

Fentanyl

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5610/14/2018

As long as there's spaghetti, dark chocolate and Joan Crawford...

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5710/14/2018

I'm 57 and in good health. What I have noticed and have not really prepared for are the additional medical costs that comes with age. It is expensive to get old in America.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5810/14/2018

51 and no issues - which is surprising because I don’t work out and am not overly health conscious. Only walking. I guess the absence of running has saved me from getting sore - though I wonder if I’ll get cancer or a heart attack instead.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 5910/14/2018

Apparently we all die. Who knew?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6010/14/2018

58 and in good health. You gotta move it or lose it. That’s my advice. That and don’t bother with coloring your hair. After 40 you’re not fooling anyone and it works against you. My hair is solid white and I get told I look young for my age? I don’t think younger people know what 50 + year olds look like.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6110/14/2018

Honey, if you have solid white hair people assume you’re 80. Of course people are going to think you look young for your age.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6210/14/2018

Dye it purple. Kicky!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6310/14/2018

I have very FAR VEINS, OP!

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6410/14/2018

OP, how do you jack off an arm?

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6510/14/2018

Jacked UP.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6610/15/2018

My right nut is trying to reenter my body.

by Sweet Bird of Yutereply 6710/16/2018
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!