Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway’s diva ways strike again

New salon, same old Faye Dunaway.

Last year, we reported that the “Bonnie and Clyde” star had broken up with her hairstylist because of a nasty spat over the bill.

Now we’re told that her antics at her new salon make the staff want to curl up and dye.

A source tells us the workers at the luxe Warren Tricomi on 58th Street have had it with Dunaway getting snippy with them.

“After moving her appointment 10 times during the day, she then yelled, ‘I’m ready now!’” says a source. “They’ve told Faye she can’t talk to them that way, and she asks, ‘Do you know who I am?’ … Then she screams, ‘I am Faye Dunaway!’ ”

We heard in addition to copping an attitude, she brings her infamous food scale — which she once memorably used at an amfAR gala — to appointments.

“She always comes in with a scale and measures out salad and other food — often dropping it everywhere and then yelling at the employees to clean it up because she might slip [on it],” says the source.

The salon’s Edward Tricomi tells us, “Faye is fine. I’ve known her 40 years or better. Look, everybody has their moments in time, but Faye is fine. She is not a problem.”

Tricomi added, “She isn’t any more pretentious than anyone else.”

Dunaway hung up on us when we called for comment.

Last year, the star stormed out of a salon over a $3,000 tab for hair extensions.

She told us at the time, “I’ve now paid the whole thing — but I will not be going back there because it is not the price they said it would be. So, I don’t know what to say to you except I didn’t throw a fit.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2018 3:00 AM

'Why can't you give me the respect that I'm entitled to? Why can't you treat me like I would be treated by any stranger on the street?'

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2018 2:41 AM

Years ago she was known to pull up in front of Video West in Weho, blast her horn and demand the clerk come out to her. Of course she didn’t rewind.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]”After moving her appointment 10 times during the day, she then yelled, ‘I’m ready now!’”

OMG....this sounds soooooo typical of her!

Really, she has some disability “up there” and just never sees the big picture.

I know someone who was friendly with her for a while, who swears she has some mild form of autism or something. Like, she just. Doesn't. GET IT.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2018 2:44 AM

Get this woman her own reality show!!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2018 2:46 AM

Sadly, no one knows anymore who Faye Dunaway is

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2018 2:47 AM

But what is the fish of the day???

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2018 2:49 AM

"Years ago she was known to pull up in front of Video West in Weho, blast her horn and demand the clerk come out to her. Of course she didn’t rewind."

Was the bitch wearing her seatbelt?

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2018 2:56 AM

These tales of Faye’s bitchcraft are delicious. She’s awful now, but damn she was very beautiful and talented in her prime.

I remember she tried to claim her elderly acting coach’s rent-controlled apartment for herself after his deat, but got caught violating the residency requirements. Niiiiice.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote] “They’ve told Faye she can’t talk to them that way, and she asks, ‘Do you know who I am?’ … Then she screams, ‘I am Faye Dunaway!’"

They should have screamed back at her, "I am NOT one of your faaaaaaannnnnnssssss!!!!!!"

In which case she would have knocked them to the ground, and tried to choke them to death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 3:16 AM

I know someone who worked at a vintage home store in LA, and whenever she called, they’d put her on the store intercom, so everyone could hear F-A-A-A-Y-E

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 3:19 AM

She caused hell at the Sally Hershberger salon in LA last year.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 3:22 AM

I bet a Grand Maul Seizure would put this bitch in her place.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 3:55 AM

Let’s not even go there.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 10:39 AM

R9 That clip, with the goat, is very clever.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2018 12:22 AM

Faye Dunway: replaced by Faye Dunaway Impersonator, Barbara Luna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2018 12:30 AM

Those are the same idiots who believe the Holocaust didn’t happen, r15. Total conspiracy theory nutcases.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2018 12:38 AM

Luna does not look like Faye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2018 12:41 AM

r16 no they aren't. They believe in the Holocaust. A lot of them don't believe in the Moon, though.

r17, I think she does.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2018 12:45 AM

Voicemail from a Cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2018 12:50 AM

R19 Shit...that’s a fantastic clip. This old broad is pretty fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2018 12:55 AM

This one never gets old either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2018 1:03 AM

Interview with a Cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2018 1:03 AM

OK! Faye Dunaway vs. (while alive) Lauren Bacall vs. Marissa Berenson.

Who wins?

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2018 1:23 AM

She still looks so good in that video.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote]A lot of them don't believe in the Moon, though.

What do they think that is up in the sky at night then? And whether Luna resembles her or not, their “theory “ that Luna has replaced Faye or is pretending to be Faye is absolute insanity.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2018 4:41 AM

Faye looks more like her idol, Alfred E Neuman, every year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2018 4:48 AM

faye honey pull up your face

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2018 5:03 AM

Faye cracks me the fuck up. She's such a nutjob.

I honestly don't get why she hates Mommie Dearest so much. It practically sends her into a rage!

But interestingly in that voice mail, she (on the other hand) doesn't understand why people ask her about Mommie Dearest so much.

The poor old bag doesn't realize that it's a camp classic. Surely, she never meant for it to be one.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2018 6:10 AM

She talked about it while promoting the film’s release. Then it was laughed off the screen, and she clammed up to run off to England for a decade, hoping it would all blow over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2018 7:02 AM

r25 maybe they think Luna is impersonating both Faye AND the Moon!

Well, some people think the Moon is holographic and some people think it's just a huge klieg light and some people think all of our "reality" is a digital simulation and some people think the Moon is manmade. People believe so many things. Someone probably believes all of those things are true but about Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2018 7:12 AM

Who took out the REAL Faye Dunaway, though? That’s the question.

Was it Polanski?

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2018 7:16 AM

That is a fascinating interview at R29.

She seems like a very thoughtful and intelligent person, so it's surprising when I hear about her crazy antics.

However, when she mentioned that she did indeed feel a "kinship" with Joan Crawford, I thought to myself... oh, here we go.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2018 7:23 AM

There never WAS a “Faye Dunaway”! It was all a massive scam created by a gaggle of bored Hollywood housewives. Each time a film came along, one or the other would put on the mask and play Faye playing a role.

The role of “Faye” in interviews was played by Elinor Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2018 7:26 AM

r31, Faye Dunaway is now in the touring production of the Moon. Luna took over the role of Faye Dunaway. And the original Moon retired to Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2018 7:26 AM

Yes, "Faye Dunaway" is like the "Dred Pirate Roberts" (and "Paul McCartney"); there will [italic]always[/italic] be a "Faye Dunaway."

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2018 7:28 AM

We can all have Faye Dunaway masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2018 7:30 AM

The interview at R29 is wonderful simply because Faye is so candid, open, and honest.

Celebrities in the past didn't have a million p.r. people surrounding them, and filtering every word they said, as they do now.

Faye was answering Gene Shalit's questions as they came, and she thought about them, and answered them as she saw fit.

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2018 7:59 AM

I had tickets to see Sunset Blvd at the Schubert Theatre in LA. We were informed by the box office that Miss Dunaway would not be performing that day , and that we could get a refund or see the play with the Dunaway replacement. Like idiots my Ex and I got a refund. The folly of youth

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2018 8:14 AM

Poor Faye. I love most of her early work and the films themselves, but her rage and insecurities are off putting.

A cautionary tale against narcissism and superficiality.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2018 10:51 AM

Forget tired, old Faye.

Her son, on the other hand, is welcome to take a seat on my face anyday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2018 12:23 PM

She was finished after 'Towering Inferno'.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2018 12:38 PM

R41 she won an Oscar after TI...she was done after Mommie Dearest

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2018 12:59 PM

Her movie career was done. She won an Emmy and Golden Globes for her tv work. Call Ryan Murphy Faye! He will find something for you,

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2018 1:02 PM

No no no. She was excellent in Barfly.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2018 1:59 PM

R38 is lying. There was no Dunaway replacement. Lloyd Webber simply closed the show with Glenn and that was that. People were given refunds at the box office, but no one was offered a replacement because there wasn’t one.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2018 4:13 PM

Oh that Faye is such a naughty little minx.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2018 4:15 PM

Faye does have coke nose. Never thought that she indulged in nose candy.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2018 4:31 PM

Is her son adopted or not? I did read here or somewhere else that Liam was family as well.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2018 4:34 PM

It's such an ancient pitch

But one I wouldn't switch

'Cause there's no nicer bitch than you, Faye!

'Cause it's bitchcraft

That crazy bitchcraft...

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2018 4:39 PM

[quote]R47 Faye does have coke nose. Never thought that she indulged in nose candy.

Some of her behavior that derailed her post-Oscar career was cocaine-induced. She cleaned up that part of her life, but was left just being bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2018 7:01 PM

I could never stand the BITCH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2018 7:32 PM

God, I love Faye. I WANT my legendary Oscar winning Actresses to be batshit crazy. It's much more fun.

Back on the IMDB message boards (remember those) someone who worked in the industry always claimed that she had a heroin problem back in the late 70's. Has this ever been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2018 7:46 PM

I think her and former hubby Peter Wolf were into it. Who in Hollywood WASNT wasted in the 70s?

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2018 7:49 PM

I love me some mad Faye gossip.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote]I did read here or somewhere else that Liam was family as well.

Probably because he mentions his career at obe point as “interior designer.” But hus Instagram is totally straight, no hint of being gay. His girlfriend is a blonde woman, and he writes constantly about how much he adores her and what did he ever fo to deserve such a wonderful woman.

And honestly, he sounds just a wee but like he’s inherited a bit of the family crazy as well.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2018 11:25 PM

Faye was a total cunt in that interview. “Oh, Joan was THE big movie star of the 1930s! Oh, there were others like Garbo, but Joan was THE star!” No wonder Bette loathed her with force of a thousand suns. First Faye’s totally unprofessional behavior on the Aimee set, and then a giant diss from her.

Faye’s career came and went in less than 15 years. Bette was a star for 65 years.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2018 2:04 AM

I know for a fact Faye is a serious alcoholic. That has always been the issue and remains so.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2018 2:16 AM

I knew a famous costume designer who mentioned in a letter that Dunaway “blew” a major career...an allusion to cocaine. He also said she was “very neurotic”.

I’m sure she was a boozer, too, but I think it was drugs that sent her off the (Hollywood) rails in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2018 4:41 AM

Also, designer Irene Sharaff finally quit MOMMIE DEAREST, saying, “I will not work with that DRUG ADDICT!”

Sharaff’s also the one who famously said, [italic]“Yes, you may speak with Miss Dunaway, and Yes, you may enter her dressing room...but you have to throw a raw steak in first, to distract her.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2018 4:49 AM

Dunaway gave a great performance in Barfly.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2018 11:10 AM

She was very good in BARFLY, and [italic]Vanity Fair[/italic] put her on the cover...but Hollywood itself never really got behind her again, as everyone in town remembered what a nightmare she’d been in the past.

Once you stop being a box office draw, the industry just doesn’t have time for that behavior. There’s no shortage of talented people who AREN’T hard to work with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2018 4:01 PM

From the L.A. TIMES, before the Oscars .2 :

[quote] Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were waiting in the wings backstage at the Oscars, and Dunaway seemed nervous.

[quote] She noticed a camera snapping photos in her direction and became distressed. Even though the photographer said he was not taking her pictures, she shooed him away.

[quote] "Can you walk away? I don't want cameras. I don't want anyone near me. What can we do about all these cameras?"

Shut the fuck up, lady! Everyone’s just trying to do their damn job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2018 4:07 PM

Poor Faye is a bundle of nerves. I agree R61 once you stop being a draw at the box office your power suffers greatly. You might get the odd chance at a great script or get lucky with a project over performing against expectations but you start getting discounted very easily.

Plus woman over a certain age no longer get the plum roles. Faye turned down some great roles early in her career which may have kept her on top a little longer.

I am sure she's very hard to deal with but I find her oddly endearing.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2018 4:17 PM

Yes, I will always have a soft spot for her, too, but she is [italic]wackadoodle.[/italic]

My (female) friend was gym buddies with her for a year or so, and found her fascinating...but kept her distance and wouldn’t work for her because the actress was obviously unstable.

My friend insists Dunaway must have some mild form of autism or SOMETHING, because she simply cannot relate to people in a normal way. She said it was like Dunaway was the type who needed to be shown those clinical drawings of emotions, like, “This is what a sad face looks like, this is an angry face...this face is not being threatening, it is just SMILING.”

Dunaway just doesn’t “get” other people, or what they’re doing. In a sense, she’s clueless.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2018 6:05 PM

God, I love Faye.

The last Hollywood Star. And I love that she's 'not normal' or whatever - makes her much more endearing.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2018 7:20 PM

Appalling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Will R66 please meet me in the rose garden???

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2018 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!