Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lindsay Buckingham sues Fleetwood Mac

They're totally done as a group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2018 12:56 AM

I can empathize.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2018 10:50 PM

I wouldn't pay 2 cents now to see them.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2018 2:04 AM

They were done as a group thirty plus year ago, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2018 4:07 AM

When you see the lawsuit which is on line the rest of the group comes off as total assholes. reply 3 when each person makes 14 million for a tour they are not done as a group.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2018 4:59 AM

here is the lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2018 5:01 AM

Litigation replaces sex when one gets older.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2018 5:08 AM

Why can’t they just retire gracefully?

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2018 7:26 AM

They can't retire, Mick and John don't write the songs and live off of touring revenue.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 8:35 AM

What’s Up with That?

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 9:48 AM

Embarrassing old fucks.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Don't be surprised if there is a #MeToo accusation when Ms. Nicks answers the complaint and/or counters!

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 1:38 PM

What r11 said

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 1:49 PM

Here’s the thread when he left FM, earlier this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 2:11 PM

I love Lindsay Buckingham. He gets a lot of shit over the years for being an ass. But you know, it takes two to tango. Depending on whom you are bouncing yourself off of. Weren't they all a bunch of complete messes?

Anyway he has alway struck me as an extremely creative individual, a true talent. And so handsome.

I have seen it many times, when you have so much success with a band, there is pressure to keep reuniting and making money from that cash cow. And sometimes a person wishes they could move forward and do other stuff, and getting back with the people from your past -- from younger, more immature versions of yourselves -- can impede growth.

Anyway...HE'S TOURING SOLO, RIGHT NOW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2018 2:48 PM

In fact you could say hes.... Going his own way...

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2018 2:53 PM

It's true he's difficult and arrogant. But those traits also make him the genius that wrote the moneymaking hits. He also put the sparkle on bandmates's songs, which would have otherwise sounded very generic without his touch. And onstage in 2014, he had the highest energy level of anyone else in the band. Mick doesn't care about the band's members or the fans. John will show up anywhere for a check. In the lawsuit documents, it was sweet to see that Lindsey did not try to contact Christine because he thought she was "fragile" at the time. Sounds to me like he didn't want to drag her into the band's politics.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2018 3:00 PM

My understanding is that FM wanted to start rehearsing and touring in the Summer and LB asked to wait until the Fall. FM said forget it and kicked LB out, he didn't quit voluntarily. Majority won the touring dates and he was odd man out. I doubt I'd ever go see Fleetwood Mac but I know I wouldn't if Lindsay Buckingham wasn't in the band. Who wants to watch Stevie Nicks twirl for two hours?

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2018 3:11 PM

Poor Lindsey looks like a wizened lesbian now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2018 3:32 AM

Stevie really comes off as a cunt in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2018 4:44 AM

Can't wait to see FM for the 14th time in Dec! Lindsey is just okay live performer for me. I'm good with it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2018 4:59 AM

Stevie just wanted her buddy Mike Campbell in the band and seized the opportunity. She is a bitter old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2018 5:55 PM

I love that Stevie has all the power. She said it's me or him and they immediately chose her. And now none of the others will talk to Lindsay or answer his emails. THE POWER OF STEVIE!

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2018 7:09 PM

Without Lindsey to spice up and arrange her songs, she would have no hits with Fleetwood Mac.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2018 8:02 PM

R23 Really? Cuz her solo career songs were huge hits and Lindsay didn't have dick to do with those. There are other producer/arrangers out there other than Buckingham.

I've always liked her solo work better than her Fleetwood Mac songs, so maybe Buckingham FUCKED UP her material.

Thank God she got away from that saboteur to do Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, Rock a Little and The Other Side of the Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2018 8:29 PM

Stevie’s “me or him” ultimatum was all about the current tour. In other words, she was saying “It’s either tour now with me or tour later with Lindsey!”

Since making money now is always more appealing than making money later, the band sided with Stevie/Touring Now.

THE POWER OF MONEY!

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2018 8:30 PM

R25 No it wasn't, in the Rolling Stone Lindsay Buckingham interview he states that the manager told him that Stevie NEVER wanted to appear on a stage with him EVER again, which would mean it wasn't just about THIS tour.

THE POWER OF STEVIE!

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2018 8:32 PM

...And it shows what a delusional narcissist Buckingham is that when he heard that, he assumed Stevie was quitting the band. Then when all members went radio silent, he called the manager back and was told - NO it's YOU who are leaving the band.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2018 8:46 PM

Stevie is getting revenge for the years when Buckingham belittled her in the band and kept her songs off the records in favor of his. I agree Lindsey is very talented but he is getting a just comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2018 8:50 PM

^Yes, and back in 1987 when HE quit the band right before the Tango in the Night tour, they didn't sue him. They were like okay, no problem we are still gonna tour without you. Bye Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2018 8:53 PM

Lindsay's been butt hurt for decades because the music buying public didn't give a shit about his solo work, yet Stevie became a superstar BECAUSE of her solo work.

OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2018 9:15 PM

^^^^ good point

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2018 1:12 AM

Every time there is a Fleetwood Mac thread, you can bet on the resident Stevie obsessive to talk about how awful "Lindsay" (even though he, being such a Stevie fan, would clearly know how to spell the man's name) was for Stevie's songs. I don't like Lindsey, his personality or most of his music, but he knew how to arrange her music to make it magical. Much of Stevie's solo songs sound dated and schlocky; Stevie's songs on the FM albums still shine. There's "I Can't Wait" and then there's the beauty of songs like Gypsy, Storms, Beautiful Child.

I'm sure that the situation is much more complex than Lindsey acknowledges in the lawsuit. Stevie has always felt that he belittled her talents, and it must have gotten to the point that she didn't want to take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2018 1:27 AM

I also looked at the Mac setlist. They should cut Lindsey's songs at this point. His only mega-hit was Go Your Own Way.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2018 1:29 AM

All rock stars are awful. But most of them don't kick other members on stage in front of an audience or make fun of them during a performance. I love that Christine McVie slapped the fuck out of him after that infamous concert in New Zealand (or wherever), and love that John McVie told Lindsay if he ever put his hands on Stevie again (when he was choking her in the parking lot after he quit right before a tour was starting) that he would kill him.

It always seemed like Buckingham was suffering from tiny dick syndrome. It must have really got to him that Don Henley and Joe Walsh were giving her the long dong at different times.

I was listening to Tusk the other day and it's weird how all of Christine and Stevie's songs seem recorded at a lower audio level then Buckingham's songs. I kept having to turn the volume down when one of his songs came up after listening to a song by Christine or Stevie. Was that intentional, or did he as producer just fuck it up? Lindsey cutting Silver Springs from Rumours shows either how clueless he was, or how spiteful - since that's one of the best Fleetwood Mac songs.

What's funny is during the Rolling Stone interview he kept talking about how he just doesn't understand why he and the other band members can't work it out - maybe they're just not that into you Lindsey.

I will, however, take Lindsey over Christine. My friends and I would always take our bathroom/food/pot break during her songs. B O R I N G.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2018 2:00 AM

R32 If you want to hear dated and schlocky, listen to Lindsey's solo work.

Someone left his cake out in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2018 2:15 AM

Who knows what these people are like in real life. But, from watching interviews, Lindsay Buckingham seems jealous of Stevie Nicks and arrogant as well. I think Stevie Nicks admitted that LB did help her with songwriting. But, like R24 pointed out, SN had a successful solo career.

For whatever reason, I do enjoy watching SN twirl and play tambourine. She doesn't really twirl any more, though. I love her songs. I love her stage persona with the scarves, stuff tied to the microphone stand, etc. She has written and sung some awesome songs that really touched people's hearts. So has LB, though.

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2018 3:01 AM

Lindsay has always had a violent temper, particularly if he was drinking or on drugs. At least one other girlfriend (Carol Harris) has written about the abuse he subjected her to. He's always made himself out to be a more "true" musician than anyone else in that band and has openly mocked and berated Stevie. I think she finally just had enough. It apparently eats him alive that she has had a far more successful solo career and that a majority of concert goers are there to see her, not him. I don't blame her for not wanting to spend a year on the road with his arrogant ass. I've seen the "new" Mac on this tour and what I noticed immediately was how much happier that everyone looked/acted without Lindsay. I think they've all lived on eggshells for way too long around him. Go your own way indeed.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2018 3:28 AM

We all have coworkers that we dislike, nay detest, but we must work with them because the bosses continue to pay them.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2018 3:35 AM

Yes, but co-workers we dislike that kick us and choke us while at work, are referred to Human Resources and fired.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2018 4:15 AM

Ultimately, this is all just sad. Sad for them, sad for fans. When talking about a legendary artist or group of artists, it's the most recent memories of how they behaved during their last days in the spotlight that will cement public perception and legacy .

All I can remember about Elvis, for example, is that he died on the toilet, bloated and drug-addled. And that he ate fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Not a great legacy.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2018 11:02 AM

Lindsey is an ass. But I can understand his anger and jealousy.

Stevie has written simple but great melodies. However, they're mostly dull until Lindsey works his magic on them. Imagine Rhiannon as a piano-only song without the heavy-metal style riff intro that continues through the verses. Imagine Gypsy without the exotic sounding riff that plays over the verses...and the glittering solo at the end. Imagine Dreams without that ...dreamy, swirling, guitar lick that plays between the verses.

Lindsey forced the rest of the band to accept Stevie as a member, and then we worked his ass off to improve her songs. As a result,the band's fans--and seemingly the public--adored her above all other members of the band, mainly because she's a pretty woman with blonde hair. (Christine should be pissed, too, she does everything Stevie does, and she even plays an instrument, but she seems to be a quiet, noncompetitive type who's glad to let someone else have the spotlight.) However, Lindsey can't really blame Stevie for the fact that more people like her. And it's his job to produce all three songwriters' songs; he gets paid extra for that.

I love Stevie's music with Fleetwood Mac. But I don't like her solo work, except for BellaDonna. All the albums after that were too synth-heavy and therefore sound dated with the stamp of the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2018 2:56 PM

Oh, Lindsey. You take a woman, you make her into a star and then she kicks you in the balls. I know it well.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2018 3:00 PM

Excellent points, R14.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2018 3:02 PM

R42, I think Lindsay just saw "A Star is Born".

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2018 3:06 PM

Stevie, who I ADORE, was lucky AF to get with one of THE BEST guitarists and song writers out there.

Fleetwood Mac would not have been what it was, without Buckinham, who I quite obviously, also adore.

A fucking BRILLIANT guitarist. Get on your Spotify or iTunes, and listen to Big Love, live, from The Dance.

I don’t GAF how difficult he was or can be, he brought the house down, every fucking time. Best concert ever attended at the Hollywood Bowl, or in the 90s.

Thanks, LB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2018 3:17 PM

Way to go, Stevie!!!!!

Finally, no horrible endless shit like "I'm So Afraid", "Not That Funny" or the horrid solo "Big Love"!

The suit is wrong about the band becoming an opening act for lesser bands because of his leaving in 1987. The 1987-1988 'Tango In The Night' tour was extremely successful without him, as was 1990's 'Behind The Mask' Tour.

The band could NOT tour successfully, however, without STEVIE.

Nor record successfully without STEVIE, since Christine is on 1995's mega-flop 'Time' (I can't believe she sings one of those songs on the new tour but I like the band showcasing much of the band's past, thankfully).

HOORAY for STEVIE!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2018 3:26 PM

R41, exactly. It's the atmosphere that he gave Stevie's songs that stands out to me. I say this as someone who doesn't care for much of his music. Other than Bella Donna, most of Stevie's stuff is hit-or-miss and uneven and doesn't have the same vision that Lindsey had for her songs.

I hope that someone reveals the band's side of the story on his firing. I'm sure there's more to it than he portrays.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2018 3:30 PM

[quote]Lindsay's been butt hurt for decades because the music buying public didn't give a shit about his solo work, yet Stevie became a superstar BECAUSE of her solo work.

True. Lindsay's always been jealous that Stevie had a huge solo career. His ego could never handle it.

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2018 3:33 PM

Let's not forget that Stevie takes coke up her cooter.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2018 3:33 PM

[quote]Lindsey cutting Silver Springs from Rumours shows either how clueless he was, or how spiteful

It had to be spite. That's one of the best songs they've ever done, and even the biggest moron only had to listen to it once to know it would've been a huge hit. If Silver Springs had been included on the Rumours album, they probably would've had another #1. That song was just too good to leave off the record, so Lindsay must've been in a snit about something.

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2018 3:35 PM

R50 it had to do with the LP runtime, not Lindsey. The song that Lindsey was never able to work his magic on was Planets of the Universe from the same time period. She finally released it on a solo album from 2001 and the dance remix was a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2018 3:38 PM

His story about "equal percentage/partnership" in the band is not true until 1996. That's when Mick was told that WB/Reprise had NO interest in Fleetwood Mac unless STEVIE NICKS had an equal partnership as well as highly visible participation and equal songs in concert. The gist of it was that there was NO Fleetwood Mac without Stevie Nicks.

LB wasn't even mentioned. LOL!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2018 3:39 PM

I always loved Stevie's version of Silent Night. I listen to it continually at Christmas. She needs to sing some of the classic ballads: Cole Porter, Gershwin, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2018 3:48 PM

Stevie 1998

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2018 3:51 PM

Stevie should have played Sandy in Grease.

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2018 4:14 PM

Who the hell are these deplorables who think Silver Spring is a great song?! I was the biggest FM fan in the day, I bought many copies of their albums. SS is a cute song for a few seconds, but that dirge-like feel is awful. That song was the end for me. Besides being too long to fit on the vinyl it was a crappy song. The music is just repeating 3 chords until a screaming mess.

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2018 4:17 PM

"I was the biggest FM fan in the day" is the new "I'm a lifelong Democrat who voted for Obama twice, but..."

"Silver Springs" is fantastic and Stevie is killer in it!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2018 4:23 PM

R56, I wanna know who thinks Big Love is a shitty song.

It’s one of their best, along with The Chain, Go Your Own Way, etc.

You know what’s really fucking sad? I’ve dated younger guys (millennials-never again, btw), and most of them aren’t even into Fleetwood Mac. I don’t know wtf is going on with younger people currently, but unless they were raised in a household where good music was played by their parents, they have no fucking clue what good music is.

Could you imagine going through life, listening to nothing but rap, or Taylor Swift, and having no clue who Lindsey Buckingham is? That’s a very real scenario, and it’s one of the major things that turned me off from hanging out with younger men.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2018 4:26 PM

[quote]Let's not forget that Stevie takes coke up her cooter.

No. It was up the ass, with a straw.

Sincerely,

Mick Fleetwood, Tom Petty, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Jimmy Iovine, Glenn Frey, Kenny loggins, Hall AND Oates. Hell, even the Village People

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2018 5:33 PM

R32 Of course it's way more complex than we will ever know. Plus there are the personal relationships and all of that menushin. But some people can get along peacefully with others and some people can't no matter what the issues are. Money and everything.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2018 7:37 PM

Jesus you eldergays really keep these FM threads going, don't you? I think there must be some special gene for people who think Nicks sounds good. I just...I don't get how people like her voice. She sounds retarded, very retarded. Or drunk?? IDK...

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2018 8:59 PM

Can we reevaluate the whole "Lindsay is a brilliant producer" and "Stevie would be nothing without him" meme? Her demos and outtakes flow freely amongst her band of loyal Chiffon Heads and there are several songs she recorded solo that were originally done but discarded by Fleetwood Mac. Other producers have done substantially better work with her than Lindsay. Lindsay's resentment and intense entitlement to be recognized as a God (born rich) has simmered into a boil in recent years and the band booted him for it. He should be happy he's still getting royalties from his work with them (b/c he's not getting anything from his lackluster solo career).

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2018 9:29 PM

you already said that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2018 9:48 PM

R62, regardless, Buckingham is a top notch musician.

I love Stevie, and Lindsey, too.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2018 1:45 AM

They're all so old. I think Grace Slick had it right when she said "old people don't belong on a rock and roll stage. It just looks pathetic."

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]I wanna know who thinks Big Love is a shitty song.

I do. "Trouble" is the only solo song of his that I can tolerate, although I would have preferred to hear someone else sing it. He's a whiney bitch and his music irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2018 2:18 AM

I eat teenyboppers shit.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2018 2:36 AM

IF buckingham is such a musical genius how come none of his solo albums were successful?

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2018 3:31 AM

Here's his genius with her songs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote]Without Lindsey to spice up and arrange her songs, she would have no hits with Fleetwood Mac.

Arrangers are dime a dozen, songwriting is where the talent and yes, the money is.

FM's most memorable songs were written by Stevie and Christine.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2018 4:18 AM

Yeah, Stevie and Christine will be immortalized for "Hypnotized."

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2018 4:19 AM

What Gypsy would have sounded like if Tom Petty produced it. What Lilndsey did to songs like Gypsy show his brilliance. The man is a genius and nothing you "a night of a thousand Stevie" queens can change that fact,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2018 6:13 AM

and even in an early working version you can see Lindsey's brilliance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2018 6:17 AM

I'm seeing Lindsey tomorrow at the Boulder Theater and can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2018 6:27 AM

The amount of money he is going to have to spend on lawyers, is nothing NEAR what this twat takes in on royalties. Stevie could buy and sell him twice if not thrice. What a stupid dick move, but stupid dick sums him up.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2018 6:28 AM

There are hundreds of brilliant arrangers out there. LB was lucky to be in Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's BF (and he wasn't even good at that), because otherwise he would be sweeping the streets right now.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2018 6:37 AM

If he really does dig in on this lawsuit R76 that is likely what he will end up doing. S.N. could easily counter sue and suck him dry. Sadly, I don't think she is that type of person. This is one time she needs to be. I think he is doing this "lawsuit" to get a payoff. Probably wise on their end to give him some go-away money, just to shut him up. He's such a tool.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2018 6:43 AM

R77 She counter-sue him on what grounds? Not being nice to her at the MusiCares event?

His lawsuit is stupid because he could have reentered the band in a few years without it. He and Stevie thrive on hating and being competitive with each other and have for years.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2018 1:58 PM

{r76} you DO KNOW that Lindsey is worth MORE then Stevie because of all his producing credits. LOOK IT UP. Plus he had 3 top 10 hits for FM. Stevie didn't have many more. Stevie has become a bitter old cunt and thats a FACT. She can't handle that Lindsey is happily married with a GORGEOUS family.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2018 7:05 PM

R79 = Lindsey. Kick him in the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2018 7:11 PM

good looking family and Stevie can't take it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2018 7:11 PM

So, R81, what you're saying...on a gay forum, no less... is that if someone doesn't procreate, they cannot be happy or satisfied with their life?

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Stevie and Lindsey broke up more than 40 years ago! At this point I don’t see Stevie caring at all about Lindsey, his family or whatever. She’s admitted not wanting to do a new FM album and tour and not wait like he wanted too. Lindsey made certain demands in the band but I think he was worth it. Stevie was the driving force in getting him out no doubt. I have no interest in seeing a MAC, Heartbreaker, Crowded House hybrid. The chemistry and sound with Lindsey in the group can never be replicated.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2018 7:29 PM

R83 R81 On the other hand it looks like Lindsay cares a lot about Stevie. He married her doppelganger. Because he couldn't be away from her for any amount of time. Even if it was just a look- a-like fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2018 8:31 PM

Stevie seems like the type who would've rather had a limb amputated than have children. I'm sure she couldn't give a shit that Lindsay has kids, she's probably thanks God every day she never had any.

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2018 10:21 PM

The first page of the complaint reads more like an angry teenaged girl's Tumblr screed than a cause of action.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2018 10:50 PM

They're all in their 70s and they all have more money than they could ever spend. Just retire already you old farts and enjoy the 10 or so years you have left!

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2018 12:57 AM

R83, Stevie probably cares about him having a family in the way Lindsey supposedly threw a fit about Rhiannon being their entrance music at Musicares. It's spite and competition.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2018 2:27 AM

[quote]Lindsey is worth MORE then Stevie

I doubt that, the real money is in songwriting and Stevie wrote the most famous songs for Fleetwood Mac. Her songs are part of rock music history.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2018 4:04 AM

JFC, why would a woman in her 70s give a shit about her teenaged angst filled love affair with her ex from waaaaay back?

Let him sue. And let them tour without him. I’m happy I saw them in concert, because no fucking way am I shelving out $700 for two tickets, as I did last time, without Buckingham in the band.

Worth every fucking penny, btw.

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

R90, I paid $650 for two tickets in 2014, one of the first shows after Christine rejoined. I agree; it was worth every penny. I'm not interested in seeing them this year, especially since the cost is $250 a ticket where I am right now. However, the cost of Lindsey's upcoming show is $50 a ticket. Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2018 4:37 AM

{r89} you are kidding right? Christine Mc Vie had most of the hits. WAY more in fact. Christine: Say You love me Over My head You Make Loving Fun Don't Stop Hold Me Think about Me Everywhere LIttle Lies Stevies: Sara Rhiannon Dreams Seven Wonders (didn't hit top ten) Gypsy (hit number 11) Lindsey Big Love Go Your Own way Tusk

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2018 6:50 PM

If Lindsey is still holding a grudge, or has any feelings at all for Stevie, then I feel very sorry for his wife. It would only show emotional immaturity and that he never got over her which would have to be incredibly hurtful and humiliating to his spouse. She and their kids,deserve better than to be 'second best' or a stand-in for what he really wants.

If that isn't the case, then his behavior ought to reflect it. He's old enough and talented enough to not to have to do things like this. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2018 7:05 PM

Maybe the only man (save Kristofferson) who looked better with a beard.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2018 7:05 PM

R93 His wife doesn't "deserve" anything. She married him for money. There's a 20 year age gap between them. I read she uses his money to finance her interest design and horse farm hobbies. She's fine.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2018 9:40 PM

Just die already, the whole lot of you baby boomer scumbags.

No one except other baby boomer scumbags cares about you, your whoring around with each other and your lame ass "hippie music" from when you were all strung out on LSD.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2018 9:46 PM

I wasn't aware of the age gap or her hobbies, R95. Huh. Sounds like it's fine for both of them, then.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2018 9:50 PM

{r95} Lindsey was still WAY hot when they met.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2018 1:22 AM

The complaint makes him sound like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2018 2:34 AM

They're all so fucking old. Retire and enjoy your money, it's not like you have a lot of time left!

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2018 2:45 AM

{r99} you mean Stevie rigtht?

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2018 6:31 PM

He has an Anthology out this week.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2018 6:32 PM

R101 and R99, they all pretty much sound like a bunch of greedy bitches at this point.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2018 6:38 PM

He does NOT sound like a bitch. He had an agreement to do this tour with them and is now losing 14 million. FUCK Stevie. All you queenfaces who are bitching would not turn down 14 million dollars . And if they are SO over why do they sell out HUGE ARENAS still They have very young fans my niece and nephew included. My nephew is 18 years old and Lindsey is one of his idols.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2018 6:52 PM

R104 He had an agreement to tour in 1987 behind the Tango in the Night album but backed out of that - stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2018 7:50 PM

No Lindsey, no problem. They sound great to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2018 7:51 PM

Stevie harmonizing with Neil Finn on “I Got You”. I think they sound great together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2018 3:25 AM

"But those traits also make him the genius that wrote the moneymaking hits."

Aren't the money-making hits relatively equally distributed among Nicks, Buckingham, and Christine. That's rare to to have two, much less three, great songwriters in one band.

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2018 4:08 AM

R92 And Stevie had the better solo career than either Lindsey or Christine.

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2018 4:14 AM

Ugh. This drama was tiresome 40 years ago. Never could stand Miss Nicks. Her voice could barely be described as average - but that is neither here nor there. At 69, Lindsey is the youngest member of the band - you'd think at that age, the era of drama and turmoil would be something you would want to leave behind ----they deserve each other - may they make each other miserable to the grave.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2018 4:18 AM

[R107] You've got to be kidding that they "sound great together!" Jesus Christ - they suck! They're out of tune and Stevie just shouts it out like a drunken, elderly secretary at a bachelorette party. Ugh. Why couldn't they just bow out with dignity? To think this woman once had the most expressive voice in pop rock.

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2018 4:07 PM

I can understand why a band like ABBA decided to leave the party early. Sometimes, that's for the best.

by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2018 6:14 PM

I like Finn and Nicks doing the great early MTV Split Enz classic "I Got You." Thanks, r107. You can see my eyes;you can tell that I'm not lying.

I have tickets to an upcoming FM show and yeah, I might miss Lindsey, maybe a lot. But the prospect of a different set with new players and a new voice is also appealing. The clips I've seen of "Black Magic Woman," with Campbell wailing on lead guitar, are terrific.

by Anonymousreply 113October 19, 2018 7:34 PM

I watched the I Got You video. Stevie is so locked into that dynamic of singing to Lindsey that it looks ridiculous now that it's Neil Finn. It's just not Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac is about the drama of Stevie and Lindsey. They should have just called off the tour, Stevie could go on another solo tour if she wanted money.

by Anonymousreply 114October 19, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote]Fleetwood Mac is about the drama of Stevie and Lindsey

Is it really, though?

by Anonymousreply 115October 19, 2018 8:25 PM

But it is, R115. I knew someone would bring up Peter Green, etc. The main appeal since 1975 has always been the "soap opera" of the main two. Christine has always been happy in the background. John and Mick would show up anywhere for money. The other players have their fans, but the emotional hook has been Lindsey and Stevie. Now it's just Stevie & Friends and seems to have the same vibe as her solo shows.

by Anonymousreply 116October 19, 2018 8:38 PM

I doubt Neil Finn will cope very well with being second banana in this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 117October 19, 2018 9:50 PM

[R117] Agree that it's a total shit-show. They will slide into oblivion from this point. This version of the band makes me cringe. Stevie has been particularly embarrassing and Christine's haunted presence makes me feel sad. I wonder what it's like backstage.....

by Anonymousreply 118October 19, 2018 9:57 PM

If they insist on touring, just tour without Buckingham as Fleetwood Mac. It's incomplete but it's all original members. There's enough big songs that were sung by Nicks and McVie. Better yet, just don't tour.

by Anonymousreply 119October 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Poor R96 thinks only baby boomers like Fleetwood Mac.

But R96 is correct. As soon as all of the conservative baby boomers kick the bucket, we will all be better off.

by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2018 12:09 AM

You think they won't be replaced? You are incredibly naive. Even for DL.

by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2018 1:40 AM

Stevie and Christine could quit today, and Mick would just hire two replacements and keep touring as Fleetwood Mac. They did it before in the early 90s, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2018 9:59 PM

I like Fleetwood Mac - but even when they were playing for the Clintons in the early '90's they no longer sounded that good live. I can only imagine how they sound in concert now.

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2018 10:02 PM

They're totally done as a group.

That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2018 10:04 PM

R119 Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are not original members of Fleetwood Mac. Neither is Christine McVie.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2018 10:19 PM

r125 the classic Mac lineup is the only one anybody remembers.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2018 10:42 PM

Mac fans don’t care what they sound like anymore ad long as they can attend a concert.

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2018 10:50 PM

Any news from more recent shows?

by Anonymousreply 128October 27, 2018 4:20 PM

This is such a sad ending for this lineup. Although it does seem sort of perfect considering the soap opera that has always consumed the band.

by Anonymousreply 129October 27, 2018 4:33 PM

R129, plenty of the reviews of the early part of this tour have been very good. The Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal says this was the best of the last three shows the band has played in that city.

And new international dates are being added into the summer of 2019, so I'm not sure how "sad" an end this is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 2, 2018 5:46 PM

R122 and they'd be playing state fairs for 500 people.

by Anonymousreply 131November 2, 2018 6:09 PM

Exactly, r131.

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2018 3:57 PM

The biggest difference between Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles is that Fleetwood Mac existed.

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2018 4:07 PM

Is the role of 'Stevie Nicks' now being performed by the same actress who portrays 'Randi Rhodes'?

by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2018 4:08 PM

Man, some of you are really too cruel. So the average age of the four principals and two new players onstage is what? 65? 70? And maybe the average age of audience members is 50 or north of that?

The divine Elaine May, older than Stevie or Mick, is back on Broadway this fall, and getting raves despite rumors (so to speak) that she sometimes blows her lines and appears tired. But people want to co e see her onstage, applaud her and thank her for a multi-decade career as a writer, comic actress, and director. What's wrong with that?

Mick, John, Stevie and Chris are working their asses off for two hours, three nights a week or more. Too bad the "youngster" Lindsey isn't there; maybe in the future he'll win the right to the name of the band and play small theaters and county fairs as "Fleetwood Mac featuring Lindsey Buckingham"

by Anonymousreply 135November 4, 2018 5:08 PM

Lindsey is a Loser!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 4, 2018 5:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 4, 2018 5:12 PM

Interesting note at the end of the review linked at R130:

[quote]At that Milwaukee show three years ago, I had a seat up near the top of the arena over the stage — and I could see a drummer, hidden behind a stack of speakers, who played every beat along with Fleetwood (except the solo). The way the stage and seating were set up Sunday, it wasn't possible to see if there was again a hidden drummer, but this time out, there was another percussionist on stage who helped fill out the sound.

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2018 8:38 PM

[R137] I'm a longtime fan but I have to say Stevie looks and sounds old and tired. I have lost interest in the band since Lindsey's firing and I won't support this incarnation. No way.

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2018 9:06 PM

'Stevie Nicks becomes first woman inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice.' This time for her SOLO career. But HOW could THAT be when Mr. genius and vitality didn't have ANYTHING to do with it.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Wow, Lindsay must be gnashing his teeth and banging his head against a wall. Toooooo deeelicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 14, 2018 5:22 AM

R139 “Honey, if you had to work for a living, your ass would be draggin', too!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 14, 2018 5:37 AM

Has anyone checked on Buckingham yet? Is he DEMANDING a recount on the RnR Hall of Fame induction of Nicks for a SECOND time?

I hear he asked if it was Faye Dunaway that read out the names of the inductees, grasping to a glimmer of hope that a mistake had been made.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2018 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!