Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernie Sanders IS Running for President

Is this going to be a disaster or can Democrats pull this off for 2020? Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2018 12:52 AM

disaster

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2018 10:33 PM

This has been obvious for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2018 10:34 PM

Goddamn it. Four more years of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2018 10:35 PM

Yet everyone's telling Hillary to go away.

Fuck this interloper. FUCK HIM STRAIGHT UP THE ARSE.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2018 10:35 PM

Is he running as an independent?

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2018 10:36 PM

I don’t give a flying fuck, and I will vote for Sanders if he’s the Democratic choice.

I will vote for Daisy Duck if I have to.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2018 10:36 PM

I'll preface this, as one needs to nowadays, by saying I mean this metaphorically, not literally.

But having said that....he desperately needs to

DIE IN A FUCKING GREASE FIRE ALREADY

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2018 10:37 PM

I voted for Bernie in the primary 2 years ago but he and Biden are both about 100 years old. They had their shot and blew it. Time to step aside for some younger leaders

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2018 10:37 PM

The OP is a lying shit-stain troll.

The ACTUAL headline is:

Bernie Sanders is Running?

There is no announcement. There is no news. It's just the OP being a cunt. F&F from me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2018 10:37 PM

Is this going to be another thread when DLers show they don't know what a primary is?

Running for president != competing in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2018 10:39 PM

Cue some of the usual crowd here saying every thread how we MUST have new blood in the Democratic party, we MUST get rid of these fossils, we MUST vote in anyone young to suddenly by totes on board with this.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2018 10:39 PM

Consider the source. It's the fucking far right wing Weekly Standard.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2018 11:04 PM

R11, that only works when talking about Pelosi or the Clintons. When it's Bernie, all the neo-libs think he's in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2018 11:05 PM

He's not even a Dem. Interloper, yes.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2018 11:09 PM

Truth r13. There is certain crowd that loves saying the dems need young blood...until it comes to Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2018 11:13 PM

Love Bernie, love Hildawg, but they both need to shut up, sit down and fade away. The more they stay involved, the more they'll be used to gin up the deplorables. The same with Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2018 11:20 PM

If Beto loses Texas, he should be the Democratic nominee. He's got the charisma of a JFK or a Bill Clinton. If they pair him up with Joe Kennedy, that could be the winning ticket.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2018 11:21 PM

He's not even a Dem. Interloper, yes.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2018 11:21 PM

Of course he is running and of course it will be a disaster. The Bernie supporters will align behind him and tear down any candidate that is an actual Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2018 11:22 PM

R19: No they won't. They didn't in 2016 (despite the PUMA mythology) and they won't now. If they loose the primary, should he run (I don't think he should, And I don't think he will, he'll endorse Warren instead, far smarter move) they'll vote for the nominee just LIKE WE DID IN 2016. Sorry PUMAs, the myth of mass desertion of Hillary Rodham by Sanders supporters is just that--a myth.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2018 11:28 PM

The scores of BernieOrBusters who constantly crow about how they could never vote for Hillz AND DIDN’T could’ve fooled me, R20.

You might even say that if the #NeverHillary crowd, who voted for Sanders (if they voted at all) in the primary and then Jill Stein (or no one) in the general, had voted for Hillary instead, Trump wouldn’t be president.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2018 11:34 PM

Sanders is planning to visit South Carolina soon, but many Democrats, including some officials, are not happy about it. There may be some Bernbro college students hanging around from 2016; but that's about it. In the 2016 primary season in SC, black women basically ignored him. Kamala Harris is also visiting soon. She will attract more attention. SC primary is an early one, right after the Iowa caucus and the NH primary.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2018 11:36 PM

R22: Black voters didn't know who he was in South Carolina. Reporters literally got the response "Bernie who?" Martin O'who?" when asking black voters in that primary about the other candidates. Early outreach was terrible from all of her opponents while she had the name recognition. The idea that black voters didn't like him from the get go is incorrect, and if you were a black Democratic primary voter under 30, you voted for Sanders over Clinton in numerous contests thereafter. The age gap was the biggest predictor of support for either candidate in 2016.

R21: If more people voted for Hillary instead of Johnson, she could have been President. If more black voters bothered to vote in PA, she would have won that state. If more Obama votes had stayed with Rodham Clinton then going to Trump, she would have won. If my aunt had balls, if chickens could pee. Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda. It's over now. 2020 is where the focus needs to be.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2018 11:43 PM

I am not black, but my job involves working with black women primarily in the south. They wanted absolutely nothing to do with Sanders back in 2015-16. To put it bluntly, the thing I heard the most was he looks like the evil overseer who beat and drove the laves to death with work back on the plantation.

One told me he reminded her of Col. Sanders. Considering how vital black women are to the Democratic party, this would be a difficult mountain to climb.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2018 11:48 PM

He would have to win the democratic nomination. He wouldn’t run as an independent knowing Trump would win another four years. He would split the left.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2018 11:53 PM

If the DNC had any brains it would back Bernie with everything it has if he does run for president. Bernie is far more popular than almost any Democratic politician and he doesn't have the baggage many Democrats do.

Unfortunately, the DNC will never go for anything other than a bland corporate candidate no matter how likely they are to sink like a stone. Bernie could attract Republicans and Independents away from Trump. Name one Democrat who could do that.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2018 12:00 AM

A fucking 105 year-old Jew from Vermont is NEVER going to be president. JFC just stop it already!

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2018 12:01 AM

r26 That post would qualify with a "guuurl no" in 2016 but in 2018 that post deserves the old grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2018 12:03 AM

The American People do NOT WANT Bernie Sanders as president, just as they did NOT WANT and do NOT WANT Hillary Clinton to be president.

I and many others voted for Clinton, reluctantly, because we were voting AGAINST Trump.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]They wanted absolutely nothing to do with Sanders back in 2015-16. To put it bluntly, the thing I heard the most was he looks like the evil overseer who beat and drove the laves to death with work back on the plantation.

Ok, they need to get the fuck over that shit. This is one of the major reasons why American blacks aren't getting ahead in society.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2018 12:05 AM

All the DNC, RNC and any NC of any party can do is schedule conventions, advise states when to hold primaries, and to spend money. That's it. They can't pick the candidate. They can put thumbs on the scales (they did it in 2000 and 2016) but they are not all-powerful. Keep some perspective here.

R29: She won the most votes nationwide, so wrong on that count. And he has never been in the general election for President, so we don't know that America doesn't want him. Wrong on that count.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2018 12:06 AM

r29 She WON the popular vote by a huge margin. She lost by 17,000 votes spread over 3 states. Stop with this bullshit the country didn't want her when FACTS speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2018 12:07 AM

R30: If you believe that statement is true. I, for one, do not. Classic trolling. I mean my god Colonel Sanders? He doesn't have a beard, and that man is only known for friend chicken, not white racism. Such made up bullshit "my black friends said...."

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2018 12:08 AM

We know R31. We already know that America doesn't want him.

Like others have said in this thread - another 4 years of Trump then.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2018 12:09 AM

Hillary Clinton was a fairly unpopular candidate, and Bernie still couldn't beat her in a primary. I don't know why people think he will win the primary.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2018 12:10 AM

The popular vote is not how presidents are elected, it is the electoral college.

Hillary only got 3 million more popular votes over Trump, which is downright fucking pathetic. A person running against that idiot Trump should've won in a landslide. BTW, the 3 million were from the West Coast, hardly a national mandate.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2018 12:10 AM

[quote]BTW, the 3 million were from the West Coast, hardly a national mandate.

This is such a weird comeback. California is by far the most populous state in the country, of course it is a major factor in who wins the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2018 12:11 AM

But it's still not a national mandate, r37. I was actually shocked by how much fewer popular votes Hillary got. I knew she was hated, but had no idea how bad it was.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2018 12:13 AM

R37: It's clear from that line of attack that we're dealing with a right wing troll. No self-respecting civilized human being talks like that, only deplorables. FF.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2018 12:14 AM

R34: For the last time, no, we don't. Just because YOU don't want him, doesn't mean ANY of US knows how he would perform at the nominee in 2020. I for one, don't think he'll be nominated. If he is, I'll vote for him. And yes, he could easily beat the Orange Afterbirth. You frankly come across as someone who doesn't really know what's going on in this country.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2018 12:16 AM

Yes, I was on to the troll early on. The California/west coast shit just confirmed it. Always trying to tear Hillz down.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2018 12:17 AM

[quote]But it's still not a national mandate

This is a meaningless term. What is it even supposed to mean? If you ignore the over 1 in 10 Americans who live in CA, that's the REAL nation.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2018 12:19 AM

R41: It's amazeballs that these assholes think the most populated state isn't a part of this country. She got more votes than him, that's a national mandate. They were ALL AMERICAN VOTES!!! Idiots! Of course, it's also the most liberal, forward thinking, intelligentsia state, so naturally it doesn't count to the collective hog farm that is the Republican base.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2018 12:19 AM

Hillz? That is so juvenile. What are you, a 14 year-old girl. I voted for her but it was really a protest vote against Trump. I wish the Dem candidate had been someone else.

[quote]She got more votes than him, that's a national mandate.

Not when it's only coming from one state, genius.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2018 12:21 AM

Yes, lets just subtract CA, NY and IL votes from the national tally. I guess that is "real" America? How bout we subtract all the southern states? After all, THEY don't represent America. They lost the fucking civil war.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2018 12:23 AM

R44: WE ARE ALL CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY, RETARD!!! What is wrong with you people? You don't get to pick and choose who's an American and who is not! Get the fuck off this site, you piece of trash, I'm so over garbage such as you!

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2018 12:23 AM

r44 is a fucking troll. FF and blocked.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2018 12:24 AM

Is that so R40...

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2018 12:26 AM

[quote]Yes, lets just subtract CA, NY and IL votes from the national tally. I guess that is "real" America? How bout we subtract all the southern states? After all, THEY don't represent America. They lost the fucking civil war.

Preach. Apparently only the traitors who seceded and rural nothingness is "Real America!" The economic engines of America don't count!

If Trump didn't get Texas electoral votes he wouldn't have won, it is such bullshit when it all comes from one state!

Weird how you never hear that...

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2018 12:27 AM

Dammit, thought I'd give it another try.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2018 12:28 AM

[quote]WE ARE ALL CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY, RETARD!!! What is wrong with you people? You don't get to pick and choose who's an American and who is not! Get the fuck off this site, you piece of trash, I'm so over garbage such as you

You unstable moron, nothing of the sort has been said in this thread. JFC the political threads on DL used to have some good discourse, now it's just a bunch of emotional trolls.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2018 12:30 AM

I don't want it to be a disaster. I like Bernie Sanders. His ideas make sense. We must end the greedy healthcare companies and join the rest of the civilized world. Healthcare is right. Not a privledge. I also agree with the 15 dollar minimum wage. Perhaps we can get people off welfare. We are already paying for these people making minimum wage with our taxes. I don't agree with all colleges and universities free. Community colleges should be tuition free.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2018 12:30 AM

r49 Yep, lets just take out Texas then. Can't come from just one state.

This troll is on the late shift in Moscow. So he isn't making shit. He needs to get an 80 or higher on his English test to be promoted to the Moscow day shift.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2018 12:31 AM

Democrats are fucked for at least 20 years if you can't beat us join us you losers.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2018 12:33 AM

R52: I like the British way for college. Here's how it works. You go to Sixth Form College (Junior and Senior year in high school), study a subject, then take exams. The exams help place you in certain universities. You then pick one of those, go there, pick your major and study it for 3 years (4 years for us Americans). The costs are totally covered in Scotland still, in England now you have to pay top-up fees though they aren't as high as US tuition. If you change your major, though, you forfeit the free 3 year ride. And you only get one ride as well. Plus, you had to have tested into said university. I'm all for that system. Perhaps a British DLer can confirm if I've got that right.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2018 12:34 AM

R54: Is it true the Rent Boys are better in Indy than in DC? How often do you use their services? Every day, or only when Miss Swann wouldn't put out... So everyday it is.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2018 12:35 AM

Fuck Bernie Sanders.

Fuck anyone naïve and gullible enough to fall for his dishonest, divisive bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2018 12:47 AM

Bernie Sanders himself was not divisive, he fully supported Hillary after the primary r57.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2018 12:48 AM

Bernie Sanders is a geriatric pervert, an old white guy who has been in government 30+ years and has literally zero accomplishments to show for it. He's an intellectually dishonest empty-suit who talks a good game, but who has proven he's promising unicorns to a gullible cult of naïve followers, that he has absolutely no clue or idea how to implement. His disastrous NYDN interview from 2016 should have been the end of him.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2018 12:49 AM

Kanye and Trump are popping bottles tonight....maybe in Africa with Melania.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]Bernie Sanders himself was not divisive, he fully supported Hillary after the primary [R57].

No he didn't and he stayed in even when he knew he had no chance of winning. He did everything he could to hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2018 12:51 AM

God Fucking Damn It. I’ll vote for whoeve the Democrat is., but fuck. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote]And he doesn't have the baggage many Democrats do.

You're right; his baggage is far worse.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote] His ideas make sense. We must end the greedy healthcare companies and join the rest of the civilized world. Healthcare is right. Not a privledge

Oh, dear, and he has no idea how to implement them. The rich should not be getting a free college education. Next.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2018 12:53 AM

Sorry, R58, I actually paid attention and your'e full of shit. Bernie was mathematically eliminated by March 15th, 2016. He had no road to the nomination, yet he proceeded to get nastier and nastier towards Hillary and deceived his followers about his chances of winning. After the primaries his behavior was that of a petulant sore loser. When Hillary was rightfully and justly nominated, he behaved poorly still. He did NOT support her. He went away and wrote a book instead of campaigning for her. He did the MINIMUM to support her through the General. He never called out his army of abusive Bernie-bros, NEVER did much to unify his base with Democrats, raised ZERO money for down-ticket democrats... he did the least of any primary loser in modern history.

And yes, he's personally divisive. His purity politics alienates natural allies, and he is unwilling to compromise to make any progress. He spends more time attacking Democrats than Republicans.

Fuck you for pushing the lies trying to erase the deep flaws and divisiveness of this asshole. He needs to go away. He's been a disaster for Progressive politics, dividing the left, and enabling GOP wins across the board. He's a FRAUD. Wake the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2018 12:53 AM

One, I specifically said "after the primary", so bringing up you wanted him to drop out earlier is pointless.

And fucking christ, he endorsed unreservedly. Now you are complaining he didn't do enough campaigning for her. He gave her his full support, he purposely chastised the bernie or bust people, even helped quiet down some bernie protestors at the DNC.

If he wanted to be divisive he could have been divisive, he he could have tried to run as a independent, his core base certainly wanted that. He did not, that is just a fact. Don't be me that he didn't do enough bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2018 12:57 AM

I sure hope his supporters learned their lesson and don't stay at home in November 2020 like many did in 2016 or vote for Trump because they want to throw a temper tantrum because their guy didn't win in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote] The scores of BernieOrBusters who constantly crow about how they could never vote for Hillz AND DIDN’T could’ve fooled me, [R20].

I would not put much stock into a handful (or even "scores" -- two score? four score?) of knuckleheads on Twitter.

Twitter has a very small user base comprised of the loudest and most obnoxious voices from all sides (or complete introverts who use the anonymity of the internet to try on a different personality)

It's why it is Orangino's platform of choice, but I would not give much credence to anything that is said on there.

Think about it--if your goal is to get noticed, you'll get way more attention with #NeverHillary than with #AnyoneButTrump

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2018 1:10 AM

For those rehashing the general election of 2016, with the fact that Hillary Clinton won the U.S. Popular Vote and Donald Trump won the Electoral College, and then wanting to say she should have been projected the presidential winner, what 2016 was what a split outcome: He won the Electoral College, in a Republican pickup, and she won the U.S. Popular Vote, in a Democratic hold, and it is this simple to understand:

2012 U.S. PRESIDENT—Mitt Romney 47.15% | Barack Obama 51.01% (Margin: Democratic/Obama +3.86); Electoral Votes: Obama, 332 (from 26 states, plus District of Columbia).

2016 U.S. PRESIDENT—Donald Trump 45.93% | Hillary Clinton 48.02% (Margin: Democratic/Clinton +2.09); Electoral College: Trump won the 24 states carried in 2012 by Mitt Romney, for 206 electoral votes, and Trump won 2012 Democratic-to-2016 Republican pickups of +100 net gains in electoral votes for 30 states, plus Maine #02, and 306 initial electoral votes.

How can Trump win the Electoral College but not the U.S. Popular Vote: He needed to erase Mitt Romney’s popular-vote margin loss of –3.86. Trump shifted only +1.77 of that amount. But, state after state, he shifted the popular votes of Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and the 2nd Congressional District of Maine enough to flip them.

Here is the map showing states in red where Trump had sufficient shifts that gave him opportunity to win over the U.S. Popular Vote. Those colored in blue are where he did not shift sufficiently. Remember—he needed a national shift of +3.87 to win over the U.S. Popular Vote by at least +0.01. So, those colored in red were sufficient shifts. Those colored in blue were insufficient—helping to explain why Hillary Clinton held in the Democratic column the U.S. Popular Vote. In one of Trump’s Republican pickup states, Florida, he shifted it by +2.07. In 2012, re-elected Democratic incumbent U.S. president Barack Obama carried it by +0.88. Donald Trump’s 2016 Republican pickup of the state of Florida was a margin of +1.19. Enough for winning over the state. But not enough for what was necessary in his effort to also win over the U.S. Popular Vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2018 1:21 AM

[quote]And fucking christ, he endorsed unreservedly.

Sanders is the king of damning with faint praise. His behavior after the primaries was disgraceful.

What is he running as? Anti-Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2018 1:21 AM

God I hope he loses the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2018 1:23 AM

Bernie is a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2018 1:26 AM

R33 If you choose to not believe me fine.

Every word I typed is the truth. I didn't exactly get the Col Sanders reference, but I do know that e used the n word a lot and he was the sort who would say "darkies" and "pickaninnies" as well. Did you not read about the Papa Johns head guy who spoke of Sanders using the n word with his employees? He was removed from the board following a conference call we he related that info about the colonel.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2018 1:31 AM

Three million votes is three million votes. It doesn't matter that they came from California. This is a BS freeper talking point. Hillary won the popular vote and was the people's undisputed choice for President in 2016..

The new guy won by barely 40,000 votes in three states, BTW. The merits of that win still being under debate due to Russian influence.

Notice how Hillary's popular vote win has never been contested.

An honest outcome will always shine through.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2018 1:34 AM

Bernie and Stein were a little too close with Pooty of Russher.

Bernie voted against Russher sanctions. Russher was using Bernie during primaries to weaken HRC. Russher operatives played a big role on social media to generate Bernbro crowds.

And do you really want Jane and her relatives getting ahold of your contributions again? 4th lake house? Another trip to Italy? Weaver? Tad Divine, Manafort's bud and former business partner? The Pence bud Manafort?

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2018 1:42 AM

Didn't the Democrats change their rules after the election so that you have to be a Democrat to compete in the primaries, to prevent an Independent like Sanders from fuck things up again?

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2018 1:47 AM

It may be likely., but it's not a given that Sanders will make the Clinton supporters bow before him after he gets the nomination. He may be magnanimous.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2018 1:49 AM

R74,

Take a look at the below map from Election 2016.

(Light shades are pickup states.)

After doing this, get yourself educated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2018 1:52 AM

All Sanders needs to do is join the Democratic Party and he can run as a Democrat, R76. The only difference is that in the future the Democratic nominee has to serve as a Democrat if he or she wins the presidency. Sanders has said he would never serve as a Democratic POTUS, but I don't doubt that Sanders will find a way to dishonor any deal he makes with the DNC if he makes one.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2018 1:54 AM

Bernbros 4 LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2018 1:56 AM

So he couldn't win against the supposedly most unlikeable candidate in history in the last Dem primary, but he's going to run again? He should step aside so someone younger with less baggage who can actually win can have the spotlight. Talk about white male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote] It may be likely., but it's not a given that Sanders will make the Clinton supporters bow before him after he gets the nomination. He may be magnanimous.

It's the only way Sanders would ever be magnanimous - if he wins. We know he is far from a gracious loser.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2018 1:56 AM

I think it's the trolls putting out there that he'll run. But I'm loyal democrat and promise to treat Bernie the same way the Bernie Bros treated HRC.

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote]After doing this, get yourself educated.

Three million votes aren't three million votes?

Hillary didn't win the popular vote?

There aren't allegations of Russians meddling in the election?

Where are the allegations concerning the popular vote? Why is only the Electoral College that is being contested?

Educate yourself, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2018 2:01 AM

Sanders will be 79 years old in Sept of 2020. The media will be heavily pouncing on this fact.

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2018 2:03 AM

No one seems to address the fact that he would make an awful President.

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote] Where are the allegations concerning the popular vote? Why is only the Electoral College that is being contested?

1. Because no one but you gives a fuck about the popular vote. It's a footnote

2. Because that's how elections in the United States have been decided since our country was founded--who wins the electoral vote.

This was not the first time that someone won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote.

In fact it is the fifth time it's happened.

3. Up until the evening of Election Day, the electoral college was expected to break for Hillary, as the Democrats have a natural advantage there in that there are more "deep blue" votes than "deep red."

In fact, the conventional wisdom was that as soon as she won Florida, the race would be over, as that, plus all the other expected blue states, would put her over the top, as Florida would have put Al Gore over the top in 2000.

Part of me thinks you actually know all this and are just trolling, pretending to be an ignorant fangurl, but for others who are following along....

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2018 2:08 AM

That too, R86.

People forget that Sanders was/is not liked by his colleagues in Congress (in 2016):

[quote]But there is something notable Sanders is missing – endorsements from the colleagues who know him the best.

[quote]Strikingly, Sanders has to yet win an endorsement from a sitting Democratic senator, House member or governor, according to FiveThirtyEight.com's endorsement tracker.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2018 2:11 AM

R81: Faulty logic there. Rodham Clinton couldn't beat the unknown Senator from Illinois who was black with a funny name and give one good speech at the convention in 2004. Why did she run again in 2016? I want him to stay out and endorse Liz Warren, who will make a fine President. But to say he didn't win the primary then shouldn't run again? Half the Presidents in history wouldn't have served under that logic.

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2018 2:25 AM

R81, The primary was stolen but I forgot we are suppose to defend those sins.

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2018 2:26 AM

Liz Warren is also too fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2018 2:26 AM

How can we "defend" what doesn't exist, R90? Of course it wasn't stolen, which is why none of you morons can ever come up with a convincing story on that.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2018 2:27 AM

If only we were a real country with electoral systems that allowed multiple people to run, like France or any country that uses run-offs. Then we wouldn't have to waste time on primaries and nominations and all this garbage. All of this would be moot. But alas, we have to be us....

by Anonymousreply 93October 12, 2018 2:32 AM

Trolls divide. It's what they do.

by Anonymousreply 94October 12, 2018 2:33 AM

[quote] To put it bluntly, the thing I heard the most was he looks like the evil overseer who beat and drove the laves to death with work back on the plantation.

Oh well. It's good that it's not for a stupid, silly reason.

by Anonymousreply 95October 12, 2018 2:34 AM

DIE DIE DIE DIE YOU OLD COCKSUCKER

by Anonymousreply 96October 12, 2018 2:34 AM

It'll be interesting to see Bernie gang up on a woman of color. SJWs will be torn.

by Anonymousreply 97October 12, 2018 2:36 AM

I've heard first hand accounts about how difficult Sanders was in 2016. He's not a good person. He doesn't care about Americans more than he cares about himself.

Counter to what's been posted upthread, his behavior after the primary was extremely unhelpful.

by Anonymousreply 98October 12, 2018 2:38 AM

Running doesn't mean he's going to get it ( the nomination).

by Anonymousreply 99October 12, 2018 2:39 AM

R89, you win the prize for missing the irony completely.

by Anonymousreply 100October 12, 2018 2:40 AM

R96: Sigh. Every time I think I'm out, you trash pull me back in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2018 2:40 AM

R98: Yeah. So unhelpful. You PUMAs are so god damn stupid. We have the links that show EVERYTHING you say about that time period is WRONG. Just fucking stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2018 2:43 AM

Sanders shouldn't run. He should have the dignity to back out of public politics, already. Dems need to mobilize around ONE strong candidate they can all agree on.

by Anonymousreply 103October 12, 2018 2:44 AM

How old is this cocksucking cunt? He looks about 88.

by Anonymousreply 104October 12, 2018 2:47 AM

I love how the right wing trolls are trying to divide us why also getting in digs at their most hated person- HRC. I've blocked so many in this thread. I laugh at their juvenile attempts to inflame.

by Anonymousreply 105October 12, 2018 2:49 AM

The Democratic primary is going to be LIT! It's going to be so exciting with all the diverse candidates and will generate tons of buzz. Trump is going to be so jealous.

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2018 2:51 AM

r102. I talked to people who were there. You read a New Yorker puff piece.

by Anonymousreply 107October 12, 2018 2:53 AM

Sanders is old enough to have a Grand Maul Seizure.

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2018 3:03 AM

Take away his heart medicine. For the love of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2018 3:04 AM

The DNC is going to sink him with their cheats, nominate some unpopular anodyne Dem, and give Trump 4 more years. Write this down.

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2018 3:09 AM

r110 But But we need someone YOUNG and we need NEW BLOOD, right? Isn't that what you all have been saying? I agree. You're right. Next.

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2018 3:27 AM

And I'll support it R110 (except the 4 more years of Trump) after what he did. New blood please.

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote]And fucking christ, he endorsed unreservedly. Now you are complaining he didn't do enough campaigning for her. He gave her his full support, he purposely chastised the bernie or bust people, even helped quiet down some bernie protestors at the DNC.

That's an amazing fantasy world you live in, R66.

If you want to see how someone supports the winner of a primary, look no father than Hillary Clinton's unreserved and enthusiastic support for Obama in 2008... in complete contrast to Bernie's reserved, lack-luster, lame "support" for Hillary in 2016.

You Berners are so fucking delusional. It's like you can't see reality with your heads so far up Bernie's ass.

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2018 3:37 AM

r113 I honestly think these are right wing trolls, not actual Bernie supporters. They have their language and beliefs nailed but I just think these are divisive right wing trolls.

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2018 3:40 AM

R90, stop mindlessly parroting that debunked sore-loser "the primary was stolen from Bernie" nonsense. Seriously, fucking stop it. It's a lie.

by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2018 3:41 AM

I'm a Democrat, but the Hillarystans are so fucking annoying. She had a LOT of issues.

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2018 3:42 AM

We don’t believe you, r116.

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2018 3:43 AM

Yes, she did, R116. So does Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2018 3:43 AM

R61. My understanding was that Bernie stayed in so every state got the chance to vote in the primary. I don't see a problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 119October 12, 2018 3:43 AM

No, R116. Sexists and misogynists had a lot of made-up and weird issues with her.

She's never lost the popular vote in any election she's ever run in. She's been voted the most admired woman in the world a record 22 times (16 times in a row). Virtually every smear against her is manufactured... untrue, debunked lies that people believe anyway.

Just stop with the whole bogus "she was a flawed candidate". The fact is, she was the LEAST flawed candidate to run in 2016. By a wide margin.

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2018 3:45 AM

R119 you're missing a little bit of the story don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2018 3:45 AM

[quote]we MUST vote in anyone young to suddenly by totes on board with this.

Well, considering it’s Bernie, “anyone young” could be up to 70.

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2018 3:45 AM

r120 you are delusional. And her shrill personality didn't help matters.

by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2018 3:48 AM

Bernie had a good message. He was just a flawed candidate delivering that message.

by Anonymousreply 124October 12, 2018 3:49 AM

My favorite thing is watching Bernie llatch on to campaigns that don’t need him to win...because they are already winning. Bitch finally learned to stiop backing the losers, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 125October 12, 2018 3:49 AM

He needs to go away or democrats are going to die in 2020!

by Anonymousreply 126October 12, 2018 3:51 AM

Bernie has one foot in the grave, he's so fucking old. Nobody's going to take him seriously in 2020, if he's even still alive.

by Anonymousreply 127October 12, 2018 3:51 AM

R123, now facts are delusional to you, huh? What are you, a trumpster? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 128October 12, 2018 3:52 AM

And his old curmudgeon personality didn't help matters.

by Anonymousreply 129October 12, 2018 3:52 AM

R121 I don't think so. I do like Bernie Sanders ideas. Especially healthcare for all. I voted Bernie in primary and I voted Hillary in the general. I believe the dems need to adopt some of Bernie Sanders ideas for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 130October 12, 2018 3:55 AM

R130, they're not Bernie's ideas. He's stolen every idea he's ever had... usually from Democrats. And ideas aren't enough. You need to have plans and strategies for IMPLEMENTING them. And Bernie doesn't. He just handwaves and engages in magical thinking.

Bernie voted against Universal Healthcare in 1993 (which Hillary was pushing... she's been advocating for universal healthcare longer than Bernie!)

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2018 3:59 AM

R130, they're not Bernie's ideas. He's stolen every idea he's ever had... usually from Democrats. And ideas aren't enough. You need to have plans and strategies for IMPLEMENTING them. And Bernie doesn't. He just handwaves and engages in magical thinking.

Bernie voted against Universal Healthcare in 1993 (which Hillary was pushing... she's been advocating for universal healthcare longer than Bernie!)

by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2018 3:59 AM

R130. I want to look at the future for this country now. We can't and shouldn't keep going back to the past. people can't change their feelings on situations? Maybe Bernie was against single payer years ago. Perhaps he educated himself on it and saw the benefits. Bernie did say how he would pay. Through taxes. Yes he did say all of our taxes would increase. I'm fine with that because finally I would get something from it. If every other country can do it? So can we.

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2018 4:13 AM

Obligatory Bernie was named in Mueller's indictments as well as trump and Stein, as receiving aid from Russia during the 2016 campaign.

Know who wasn't named as being a treasonous pos? Clinton.

Sanders can do whatever he wants. He's not a Democrat. So fuck him and all you Russian trolls and OP for citing a Nazi propaganda rag.

by Anonymousreply 134October 12, 2018 4:23 AM

I wish that the idiot Hillary lovers would just shut up about those 3 million votes as if they are a part of some nefarious theft of her presidency.

The Gore "loss" was 100X more nefarious. He actually WAS robbed, and even though I was not wild about him, I voted for him because of who was opposing him. He had good reason to complain, and yet he did not.

Please Hillary worshippers, take a clue from the old Veep and accept the loss. The election was and never has been about popular votes and you know it. The POTUS election is not a true democratic process. The founding fathers did not want to see the candidates campaigning and only appealing to the residents of heavily populated states. All that vast Red sea of states represents people who do not want to see politics controlled by NY and Cali. And I will never be.

by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2018 9:20 AM

So what you're saying, R135 is 33 indictments, 12 of Russian military officers and 13 of Russian individuals and agencies, and the 7 convictions so far Mueller has obtained, have nothing to do with Russian interference in the 2016 election.

No, those electoral votes weren't altered at all by the Russians.

Ok, better call Mueller and tell him he's wasting his time.

by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2018 9:27 AM

R98 You're adorable. Do you think any presidential candidate in history ever cared more about the country than himself?

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2018 9:38 AM

Some of the skinny, twinky, Bernbros with a buzz-on were rather cute.

But not the old, bearded ones, the fatbros, & Bernhos.

by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2018 10:04 AM

u son of bitch u gonna get trump in twice

fukker !!!!

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2018 10:27 AM

r137, having had the good fortune to meet a handful of them and discuss with their staff, I do. This goes even for Republicans. It's unduly cynical to believe otherwise, and I'm sorry that you apparently do.

Sanders is a difficult personality in almost every conceivable way, and he was detrimental to the Clinton campaign. He is horrible even in small ways.

As an example, the black colleagues who intuited his racist attitude as recalled by the poster upthread were right. I know that Sanders personally objected to being introduced by black and Asian speakers on a handful of occasions. He may have had minorities working on his staff and as surrogates, but he demurred when it came time to stand behind them.

by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2018 1:58 PM

I will always remember Hillary actually won the popular vote by over 3 million. The results of the electoral vote have always been suspect. He did not really hurt her in the last general election but gerrymandering and the Russians did. Let the old fool have his day. I think even a lot of supporters will give him a pass this time around. O'Rourke/Kennedy ticket or O'Rourke/K. Harris ticket will bring out a lot of people who passed this time because of that old fart. Also, if he does run the DNC should refuse him any money this time. Let his adoring public start Go Fund me pages.

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2018 2:06 PM

If Bernie Sanders would have won the Democratic Party nomination, the GOP would have dropped their campaign of manufactured lies against Hillary Clinton and immediately begin dumping Bernie Sanders’ closet full of skeletons into the daylight. Bernie’s carefully crafted image would disintegrate in a matter of days. His baggage is real, and it’s not pretty.

The GOP and Russia pushed Bernie hard, and slagged Hillary hard, because they knew Bernie would be EASIER to defeat than Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 12, 2018 2:19 PM

Every time some brainwashed moron insists that "Bernie woulda won", I link this post... which lays out clearly that there is no fucking way this loser would have won anything:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 12, 2018 2:20 PM

R136 Indictments against people other than Trump mean shit.

Where are the charges against him? Yes, I do believe the whole production will end up being a massive waste of time and money.

Did you see how the SCOTUS nom and investigation went? The man is not going anywhere and deep down inside you know that. The only hope you have is that he won't be reelected. But as for the Mueller mess: big fat goose egg.

by Anonymousreply 144October 12, 2018 2:21 PM

R135, shut your idiot self up yourself.

Yes, the election was stolen from Gore. But it was also stolen from HILLARY, and if you think it was more nefarious for Gore than Hillary -- where a hostile foreign power conspired with an American political party to steal the election -- you're insane.

Hillary "lost" by fewer than 78k votes spread across three states. That's fewer than the number of people attending a home Ohio State Football game IN PERSON, in ONE STADIUM.

The election was also stolen from Kerry in 2004, for the record.

by Anonymousreply 145October 12, 2018 2:23 PM

You sound insane R143.

by Anonymousreply 146October 12, 2018 3:13 PM

Bernie... the first time a tragedy, the second time a farce.

by Anonymousreply 147October 12, 2018 3:21 PM

[quote]R136 Indictments against people other than Trump mean shit.

Really? So even if we completely take out the level under Trump, that doesn't "mean shit?" You have such an odd definition of that phrase.

[quote]Where are the charges against him?

Have you really been sleeping through the past year or so? Every investigation of this type follows the same pattern: start at the bottom and work your way up. Take out the side issues that are just distractions. Follow the money and turn the lower-level people.

[quote]Yes, I do believe the whole production will end up being a massive waste of time and money.

Then you're a fool.

[quote]Did you see how the SCOTUS nom and investigation went?

Yes but that has no relevance at all to this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 148October 12, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote]You sound insane R143.

Really? You sound like you have no answer for his post or to the reddit post he linked, so you have to attack him instead. Classic logical fallacy.

by Anonymousreply 149October 12, 2018 4:10 PM

No, he's not. Family reasons why he can't.

by Anonymousreply 150October 12, 2018 4:11 PM

The Dems shouldn't allow him to run because he's NOT a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 151October 12, 2018 4:18 PM

Me too, R148!!

The election of 1824 was also stolen from me!!

Those scallywags didn't care that I had won both the popular vote AND the electoral college vote

They sent it to the House of Representatives where they turned it over to John Quincy Adams, the original "W"

Stealing elections seems to be a long-standing American tradition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 12, 2018 4:27 PM

R8 I agree. I love Bernie, but we need some new blood. Also, I'm sick of people that had their shot running again. John Kerry as talking abut running again a few weeks ago.

#NinaTurner2020

by Anonymousreply 153October 12, 2018 4:57 PM

Who^?

by Anonymousreply 154October 12, 2018 5:04 PM

I will vote for Bernie Sanders if he’s the nominee and I hope Democrats galvanize around him. And, if not him, then Biden or Clinton, etc.

by Anonymousreply 155October 12, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]I love Bernie, but we need some new blood.

So does he.

by Anonymousreply 156October 12, 2018 5:07 PM

I’m running too. AWAY.

by Anonymousreply 157October 12, 2018 5:08 PM

And so it begins again...

Candidates catering to "feels", splitting the opposition to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 158October 12, 2018 5:33 PM

R158: You do understand that we have to have a contest to determine the nominee, like we've been doing in this country since the 1830s. And that this splits opposition to no one. You do understand that, right? Because it SOUNDS like you don't understand that. But you need to understand that. Because it's reality. Going on 2 centuries. So please understand that.

by Anonymousreply 159October 12, 2018 6:16 PM

When will this moron stroke out of the picture? He’s a significant component to the mess this country is in.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2018 7:29 PM

He's the modern Ralph Nader. He pissed off a lot of people with his attacks against Hillary and I doubt any of them will vote for him, ever.

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2018 7:54 PM

I'm an ardent HRC supporter, and I do harbor huge resentment toward Bernie Sanders. I think he unintentionally fostered a wing of "progressives" who effectively convinced folks in 2016 that not voting for HRC was the morally superior choice. They still believe that, and they continue to espouse that not voting for Democrats is the morally superior choice - in 2018, 2020, and beyond.

So I would not support him in a primary. But I'd vote for him over any Republican in the age of Trump because that actually is the moral thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2018 8:16 PM

R52 I don't think college should be free, just much cheaper. My mom went to the University of Michigan from 75-79 and paid out-of-pocket with money she made from working part time. I looked up tuition then and it made me want to cry it was so low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2018 8:16 PM

R154 You don't know who Nina Turner is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2018 8:18 PM

2 years is like 20 for a 77 year old u know.

by Anonymousreply 165October 12, 2018 8:27 PM

Nina Turner is another example of an awful person.

by Anonymousreply 166October 12, 2018 8:42 PM

Did I stumble into the 'Lets be a Russian Troll Farm' thread?

by Anonymousreply 167October 12, 2018 10:14 PM

STFU r167. There are valid opinions being discussed her. Just because someone has a "D" after their name doesn't make them an infallible god, you idiot. People who vote Democrat can be opinionated about Democratic politicians.

by Anonymousreply 168October 12, 2018 10:31 PM

Bernie's not a Dem

by Anonymousreply 169October 12, 2018 10:39 PM

Any shot that contains the lead characters walking in a group towards the camera in slow motion.

by Anonymousreply 170October 12, 2018 10:48 PM

How old is this fucker. I can smell sander's halitosis off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 171October 12, 2018 11:20 PM

R166 How so?

by Anonymousreply 172October 12, 2018 11:22 PM

Maybe he will be dead by next year

by Anonymousreply 173October 12, 2018 11:24 PM

r26, there is no way a democratic-socialist is going to win the presidency. I'm a democrat and I'm not even voting for one, ever. Fuck Kevin Deleon.

by Anonymousreply 174October 12, 2018 11:30 PM

R153, the only fucking fraud worse than Bernie fucking Sanders, is that fucking cunt Nina Fucking Turner.

Rot in hell you fucking moron for even bringing that idiots name up.

by Anonymousreply 175October 12, 2018 11:52 PM

R155, your choices are 1) Bernie, and 2) Biden? You fucking sexist piece of shit. Dear god no. Neither.

by Anonymousreply 176October 12, 2018 11:53 PM

Good lord ^. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 177October 12, 2018 11:54 PM

R177 can't handle the truth. Good riddance. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 178October 12, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]there is no way a democratic-socialist is going to win the presidency.

There is no way A FUCKING 105 YEAR-OLD JEW FROM VERMONT is going to win the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 179October 12, 2018 11:57 PM

R179... an ATHEIST, CASTRO-LOVING, RAPE-ESSAY-WRITING NRA-PUPPET JEW FROM VERMONT.

by Anonymousreply 180October 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Can’t the Dems find anyone below the age of 90???

by Anonymousreply 181October 13, 2018 12:05 AM

Berners are every bit as bad as Trumpsters.

And it's no surprise there's actually some overlap in that venn diagram.

by Anonymousreply 182October 13, 2018 12:33 AM

R164 Oh yeah. I can see the majority of the US voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 183October 13, 2018 1:23 AM

R151. Here's the thing. he votes with the ddemocrats most of the time. They need his vote and they usually get it. It's ridiculous reading all these Bernie hate posts.

by Anonymousreply 184October 13, 2018 2:11 AM

If the Democrats have 50 seats in the Senate, not counting Sanders, he will be warmly embraced as a full-fledged Democrat. He should extract some concessions in exchange for his support though.

by Anonymousreply 185October 13, 2018 2:20 AM

Bernie is bad news. Most people should have seen Trump coming a mile away and understood what would happen if he won. If Bernie values the US more than he values his own ego, he will either stay out of it or pick a candidate and strongly support that person.

by Anonymousreply 186October 13, 2018 3:07 AM

R180 You sound like a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 187October 13, 2018 4:06 AM

THANKS FOR HANDING THE ELECTION TO TRUMP MR SANDERS U SKUNT....

by Anonymousreply 188October 13, 2018 10:35 AM

Montana governor Steve Bullock has told people in Iowa that he's running in 2020. I think he would have strong appeal to Midwesterners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 13, 2018 6:32 PM

This should be the Democratic ticket for 2020:

"Just got to @DelMarCollege and the line for @BetoORourke and @joekennedy is already circling around the Richardson Performance Hall. They’re set to speak at 10am."

by Anonymousreply 190October 13, 2018 7:04 PM

I fucking hate him and his cultists, but I would vote for him if he’s the Dem nominee. I would vote for a potato if it’s the Dem nominee. ANYONE BUT TRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2018 7:19 PM

I would vote for him too if he is the Democratic nominee. That said, I have no respect for him as a person or as a politician. It's disgraceful what he did to Democrats during the primary and the way he has been carrying on since then.

It doesn't help that his wife is a crook.

by Anonymousreply 192October 13, 2018 7:23 PM

What's the latest on crooked Jane's bank fraud case? I know a grand jury is looking into it, but the press is hardly reporting on it.

Apart from Trump going down, it would give me tremendous pleasure to see Bernie being exposed for being the hypocrite he is.

by Anonymousreply 193October 13, 2018 7:29 PM

Bernie, for all these years, has failed to get even Democrats to buy into his agenda. None endorsed him. Had he won the nomination, the Republicans would have destroyed him. Bernie never got seriously scrutinized in 2016. Hillary feared losing his supporters later. That was a mistake. Take out your challenger hard and fast.

by Anonymousreply 194October 13, 2018 7:47 PM

^mean in the Senate

by Anonymousreply 195October 13, 2018 7:48 PM

R187, no.

And the only option worse than Nina Turner (who is a complete loser), is Tulsi Gabbord. Ugh. The entire cabal of Sanders surrogates is just uniformly terrible (throw in Susan Sarandon and Nomiki Konst in that basket).

And I agree with R194. Democrats treated Bernie with kid gloves, resulting in him never really being vetted. And most of his support came form misogynist, sexist, "no way I'm voting for a woman" dude-bros, most of whom were never Democrats anyway.

Fuck Bernie, and fuck anyone still trying to push that deceitful failed old mediocre white man fraud on us.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 196October 13, 2018 7:50 PM

The "Bernie v Hillary" rehash is a talking point of the right-wing shit stains and the trolls.

Why are we participating? Do we want to help them?

by Anonymousreply 197October 13, 2018 8:00 PM

It's very much BernorBusters talking points, R197.

Sanders' millennial crowds were as much obsessed with hating Hillary Clinton as were the alt right Nazis.

Both groups ate up Russian propaganda. The democratic socialism talk very much comes from this. Putin would very much love to see Americans distrust the system. This is all part of the grand plan of 'divide and conquer'.

You see this all over western countries. Leftist parties eating away the majority of established moderate, social democratic and labor parties.

The Hapsburg groups, the European politicians Manafort bribed to support Putin's puppet Yanucovych in the Ukraine, were mostly left of center politicians.

Steve Bannon was just recently talking about this. He sees it absolutely possible to consolidate the hard leftists and the right wing groups under his influence.

by Anonymousreply 198October 13, 2018 8:28 PM

Well we all remember the last election, R198. We're not having that Bernie v Hillary nonsense here. Oh, they can keep trying if they like and the right wing trolls can troll away at the Datalounge. It will do them, and you, no good.

Almost every Bernie voter voted for Hillary, just as almost every Hillary voter voted for President Obama.

This idea that there is some huge group who won't vote if we don't suck Bernie's dick is just silly. It's a right wing scheme.

by Anonymousreply 199October 13, 2018 8:39 PM

These Sanders threads always reinforce how wealthy the majority of DL users are. Only an economically comfortable person would have issue with Sanders' policies of a living wage and universal healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 200October 13, 2018 8:45 PM

I hate Hillary, can't stand her, never could, but I voted for her in the General Election. Anyone who says they wouldn't vote for any Democrat running, including Bernie, this November or in 2020 is just as evil as any Trump supporter. None voting Democrats were bad enough in 2016 but now that you've seen what happened how the fuck can anyone even think of not voting if they are not really for Trump and the GOP in their vile hearts!

by Anonymousreply 201October 13, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote]Almost every Bernie voter voted for Hillary,

No they didn't, in several crucial swing states the Bernorbuster millenials often voted three times as much third party or Trump over Hillary, resulting in her losing the EC in those states.

by Anonymousreply 202October 13, 2018 8:50 PM

Tell it to Putin, R202.

by Anonymousreply 203October 13, 2018 8:52 PM

I never had 3 houses, nor am I a millionaire idiot @ R200

by Anonymousreply 204October 13, 2018 9:11 PM

It is entirely possible to have zero problem with Sanders policies and have major problems with Sanders himself. I don't like him, I don't want to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 205October 13, 2018 9:18 PM

R196 Bernie also had a huge millennial support. Democrats need to stop being stupid and embrace universal healthcare. Embrace the 15 dollar minimum wage. Talk more about climate change (the biggest threat we face) these are things millenials care about.

by Anonymousreply 206October 13, 2018 9:37 PM

Millennials don’t vote.

by Anonymousreply 207October 13, 2018 9:41 PM

Bernorbusters who voted for Trump

WI: 51k

MI: 47k

PA: 116k

EC Trump win margin…

WI: 22k

MI: 10k

PA: 44k

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 13, 2018 9:41 PM

R200. Exactly! So these people enjoy the healthcare companies screwing everyone? They need to get lost. (the healthcare companies) Nobody should be making a profit off someone's health. It's disgusting. Does anyone care about climate change? Bernie is absolutely right on it.

by Anonymousreply 209October 13, 2018 9:42 PM

We need somebody new. Retread candidates are always a bad idea, because they start out as losers. That includes Biden, as well. They're never able to recapture the excitement they had the first time around. Hillary was a bore compared to the first time she ran in 2008. Likewise, Bernie can never generate the same enthusiasm he got in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 210October 13, 2018 9:48 PM

[quote]Does anyone care about climate change? Bernie is absolutely right on it.

No, just Sanders.

(rolls eyes)

by Anonymousreply 211October 13, 2018 9:52 PM

Whatever the fuck he's doing, he's not doing it as a Democratic candidate.

He can fuck right off with that game.

by Anonymousreply 212October 13, 2018 11:04 PM

R208 Wow. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 213October 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Anyone that was a Bernie supporter and voted for trump in the general is a pos. It tells me that they didn't give a shit about what Bernie said or what he believed in. I voted for Hillary in the general because I knew what a monster trump was/is. I can't blame Bernie for this. He asked his supporters to vote for Hillary. I also wonder if Hillary had picked Sanders as a vp would it have made a difference?

by Anonymousreply 214October 14, 2018 12:46 AM

Probably not, because the BernorBusters didn't accept any other narrative than Bernie won the primary.

by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2018 12:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!