Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF!?! Jim Brown, NFL legend with a violent, assaultive history was invited to the Trump - Kanye "summit"

Kanye's craziness has been the focus of this fiasco, but the whole thing is even worse, if you can imagine. I'm old enough to remember a lot of Jim Brown's scrapes with the law, sexual assaults, domestic violence incidents and jail time. He's such an old geezer now, I didn't recognize him sitting next to West in the Oval Office.. I was shocked, but not shocked when I saw his name on the invite list for lunch. Of course, someone with a history of violence and flaunting the law and the court system got an invitation to Trump's White House. Remember the Republican outrage when Obama hosted the rapper Common?

[quote]In 1965, Brown was arrested in his hotel room for assault and battery against an 18-year-old named Brenda Ayres; he was later acquitted of those charges.[37] A year later, he fought paternity allegations that he fathered Brenda Ayres' child. In 1968, Brown was charged with assault with intent to commit murder after model Eva Bohn-Chin was found beneath the balcony of Brown's second-floor apartment.[38] The charges were later dismissed after Bohn-Chin refused to cooperate with the prosecutor's office. Brown was also ordered to pay a $300 fine for striking a deputy sheriff involved in the investigation during the incident. In Brown's autobiography, he stated that Bohn-Chin was angry and jealous over an affair he had been having with Gloria Steinem and this argument is what led to the "misunderstanding with the police."[39]

[quote]In 1970, Brown was found not guilty of assault and battery, the charges stemming from a road-rage incident that had occurred in 1969. In 1975, Brown was sentenced to one day in jail and two years' probation, and to pay a fine of $500 for beating and choking his golfing partner Frank Snow.[40] In 1985, Brown was charged with raping a 33-year-old woman.[41] The charges were later dismissed.[42] In 1986, Brown was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend Debra Clark. Clark refused to press charges, though, and Brown was released.[43] In 1999, Brown was arrested and charged with making terrorist threats toward his wife. Later that year, he was found guilty of vandalism for smashing his wife's car with a shovel.[44] He was sentenced to three years' probation, one year of domestic violence counseling, and 400 hours of community service or 40 hours on a work crew along with a $1,800 fine.[45] Brown ignored the terms of his sentence, and in 2000 was sentenced to six months in jail for refusing the court-ordered counseling and community service. He was released after 3 months.[46][47][48]

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 2:58 AM

So he either wasn't charged or did his time for minor offenses. What's your point OP?

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Hey, you think it's easy to find photo op-worthy black people that support Trump?

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2018 7:04 PM

That despite his lawlessness, he was put forth as an upstanding and impressive delegate of the president, r1. That's my assumption.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2018 7:04 PM

You're right, R1, he's just an innocent pussy cat. Striking a sheriff's deputy, beating and choking a male golf partner, vandalizing a car with a shovel, being found guilty of at least one charge of domestic violence, and refusing court orders are very "minor," individually or taken as a whole. And all those other allegations of domestic violence and rape that were either dropped or were acquitted are sure signs that the courts realized that he was misunderstood black man who made it big in a white man's world. The jealous bitches were out to get him. The '60s, '70s and '80s were a much more enlightened time in the U.S. where women had no need to be frightened and the scales of justice were justifiably balanced for the rich and famous.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2018 7:16 PM

Disrespectful and debasing of the Oval Office and Presidency! And seems to be done on purpose.

Possibly a distraction from Wall Street panic?

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2018 7:35 PM

The Wall St. panic, Hurricane Michael, the Saudi journalist who was kidnapped and sent to his death in Saudi Arabia by the Prince, a good friend of Jared Kushner's. without being warned either by the WH or intelligence agencies that his life was in danger after intercepts indicating as much. Have I missed anything? It was a very organized chaotic moment.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2018 9:55 PM

Jim Brown is suffering from traumatic brain injury and can no longer be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2018 10:31 PM

I believe in rehabilitation. People who pay their debt to society should be able to move forward with their lives.

[quote] And all those other allegations of domestic violence and rape that were either dropped or were acquitted are sure signs that the courts realized that he was misunderstood black man who made it big in a white man's world.

No one knows the exact circumstances so it's unfair to speculate. One thing that's absolutely certain is the culture of outrage has gotten way out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2018 11:23 PM

[quote]he stated that Bohn-Chin was angry and jealous over an affair he had been having with Gloria Steinem

Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 1:15 AM

I think Jim Brown should be President because of his Playgirl spread. I still jack off to it as often as I can.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 1:54 AM

He was so innocent and misunderstood, just like O.J. who would never have dared to beat and choke one of his country club pals. Brown's contempt and refusal of the court ordered rehabilitative treatments were sure signs of his "rehabilitation" as much as his incipient dotage. He was cured, for sure.

Who the fuck has taken over DL? You don't believe he's a homophobic cunt who would have beaten a gay man to a pulp if he dared to put the great Jim Brown in a spot? I guess he's the olden days' Aaron Hernandez, all VPL and a killer at heart. But all is forgiven for erotic reasons...

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 2:49 AM

More Important-

The 13th amendment enshrined the ability for prisons to pay people pennies per hour to manufacture private items.

The majority of the prison population is young black man.

Ergo, the 13th amendment merely shifted slavery from one group to another. Both of them have the same skin color, though.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!