Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Chris Tucker?

Friday, The Fifth Element, Jackie Brown... he started doing the Rush Hour movies in 1998 and seems to have done nothing else since...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2018 2:08 AM

People got sick of his loud high pitched voice & him playing the same character in everything he does.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2018 12:16 PM

He was the late 90s early 2000s Kevin Hart.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2018 12:33 PM

He was the best thing in the first Friday movie. Don't remember him in Jackie Brown which is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. Have to re-watch. Maybe he was in a Deniro scene.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2018 12:38 PM

I could never understand his character in THE FIFTH ELEMENT. He's supposed to a ladies' man, yet he's clearly as gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2018 12:39 PM

In Jackie Brown...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2018 12:41 PM

He enjoys being rich. He mostly only works when he gets paid $20 million to do Rush Hour sequels. He can afford to be choosy and do whatever the hell he likes.

He was a loyal friend to Michael Jackson and hasn’t sold any secrets.

A few years ago he did a Netflix stand up comedy special that is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2018 12:51 PM

I was just thinking about him the other day. Loved him in the Fifth Element and Rush Hour movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2018 1:22 PM

He wants huge salaries and unless he is making Rush Hour, he will not get a huge salary.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2018 1:30 PM

He made an insane amount of money for the Rush Hour sequels. I always liked him for making his millions then riding out into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2018 1:37 PM

Didn't he owe like $12million in taxes a few years ago, though?

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2018 1:37 PM

They waited too long with Rush Hour 3.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2018 1:40 PM

Why do rich people insist on not paying their tax bill? Do they think they will be excused? Fuck them.

When will they make Trump pay his bill? If a black guy doesn't pay, the whole world knows about it and then he goes to jail...if scum like Trump doesn't pay, he gets to be president.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2018 2:48 PM

A few years back he got stopped for speeding on I-16 in GA. He was going well over 100 mph when he got stopped. He isn't aging well either.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 12:18 AM

“He was the late 90s early 2000s Kevin Hart.” r2 I said almost the exact same thing to my husband last weekend. We were laughing so hard at Chris Tucker’s scenes on YouTube. Tiny Kevin Hart came along and is cast in all the roles that Tucker once played. If it’s by his choice, then more power to him. BRAVO for getting out of the rat race and enjoying your life. I do hope he does an independent film completely different than anything we’ve seen him in as yet. I believe he does have a wider range than the public has seen on screen yet. I always remind myself that casting agents and directors usually have zero vision to cast against what’s worked or sold in the past. Plus the producers that pay the bills are too fearful to take any risk with casting.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2018 12:46 AM

Wasn't he in CB4? I saw it in the mid-90s and barely remember. Someone remind me.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2018 2:05 AM

[QUOTE]He was the late 90s early 2000s Kevin Hart.

Kevin Hart puts in way more work and effort than Chris Tucker ever did.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2018 2:29 AM

He's waiting for Friday 4.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2018 2:57 AM

R16=Kevin Hart

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2018 7:52 AM

Tucker became famous for a flamboyant gay character he hated.

He made his anti gay sentiments quite well known.

You do not do that in H'wood and expect your career to survive.

He is only hired by people who specifically want him. He is no draw.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2018 8:26 AM

I thought Tucker was a big ol' 'mo.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2018 2:15 PM

His Fifth Element character was modeled after Prince, after Prince himself bailed from the movie in preproduction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2018 2:26 PM

R21 Wow i didn't know that. I wonder if he regretted it....?

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2018 4:55 PM

He got good reviews for Silver Linings Playbook

He’s worth too much at the box office to let a few anti-gay statements kill his career. He doesn’t make more movies because he doesn’t want to make more movies.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote]He’s worth too much at the box office to let a few anti-gay statements kill his career.

LOL. Gotta love this place. It’s the most anti-gay, I love it. I found a thread on Stormfront talking about Datalounge and posters said they posted here and there. It makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2018 1:39 AM

Wasn't it Chris and his wife who warned Michael Jackson of the grifter mother and son? I believe the Tuckers had befriended them earlier and been scammed.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2018 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!