Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is the gay leather scene dying?

Not long ago, many clubs catered to enthusiastic leathermen. But predatory property developers, changing attitudes to gender and the rise of rubber threaten the scene’s existence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2019 10:27 AM

I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Me too. Those guys smell awful.

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2018 4:07 PM

I'm a vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2018 4:09 PM

Leather has always been icky. Plus those queens take themselves way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2018 4:13 PM

I hope not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2018 4:13 PM

R4, you're correct, I've always felt the same way, that guys into the leather scene take themselves way too seriously.

It's such a drag as well, because the right man in a harness, etc if incredibly hot. I love photos of hairy, fit men in their gear... but they never look like they'd have a laugh over a beer, or just let loose on the dance floor. It's all posing and looking down upon guys who aren't wearing a leather vest or chaps of over their jeans (or just chaps! - love that look, fine hairy ass on display).

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2018 4:17 PM

It's harder to tell anymore where the leather chaps end and their booty begins.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2018 4:18 PM

I have a feeling it's dead and will not have a resurgence for at least another decade. Even then I think it will become a fashion trend among straight men, just like facial hair has.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2018 4:18 PM

I hope to hell it is.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2018 4:36 PM

I find leather hot sometimes, but it's mainly older men at this point that keep that tradition going. Guys like the one at R5 are so rare.

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2018 4:44 PM

Not at all. Not my thing, but still going strong at gatherings and the few bars still popular (like the Eagle in NYC).

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2018 4:51 PM

R10's correct that the young guy is a rarity in leather - it's usually the the fat guy in the back of that photo who shows up. Sorry man, if you're that fat, keep the leather to the privacy of your own home and definitely wear a fuckin shirt outdoors! Yes, yes, yes, I'm a terrible person, I know, I know, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2018 5:02 PM

I never understood the appeal of this subculture!!

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2018 8:16 PM

The prisspots are out on this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2018 9:05 PM

Gucci, Gucci.

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2018 9:06 PM

Never got the appeal.

Though it was sort of comedy gold when you'd see one of them dressed up like the Village People guy and then he'd sound like Richard Simmons when he talked.

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2018 9:12 PM

Not on my watch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2018 9:14 PM

[quote] Though it was sort of comedy gold when you'd see one of them dressed up like the Village People guy and then he'd sound like Richard Simmons when he talked.

How dare you, R16!

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Of course, without that leather gear, r5 would be the ugliest boy in any room he entered.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2018 9:25 PM

I was always under the impression it was a derivative of the SM scene which in turn was a result of post WWII social positioning and its effect on the children of that era - lots of sadomasochism in Germany and the US, respectively. Oncecthat generation is done spreading its joy, it’s boynd to fizzle.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2018 9:28 PM

Bound to fizzle

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2018 9:28 PM

Lace/Taffeta, leather: what's the difference. It's all drag.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2018 9:33 PM

It’s a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2018 10:04 PM

R19 you must be that pick cunt in the other thread who never gets laid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2018 10:22 PM

It was sad seeing all these old guys with saggy asses wearing leather at the annual pride festivals.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2018 10:30 PM

Fix your sarcasmometer, r24. OBVIOUSLY he's not one bit unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2018 10:31 PM

He looks like the guy next door. The face is cute if a bit squirrelly and the body is fine! Hardly the ugliest man in the room.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2018 10:34 PM

It always looked like so much effort. Not just the get ups, but the whole scene.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2018 10:35 PM

I'm not into leather, but I do like the leather bars. They're usually alot more fun and down to earth than regular bars. Less pretense and not so many twinks

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2018 10:36 PM

How many fraus have commented on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2018 10:40 PM

It’s a lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2018 10:47 PM

I think some leather bits can look hot on the right guy, but I think the guys that make it into their whole lifestyle are truly laughable.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2018 10:57 PM

Obviously, R29 has never been to The Bike Stop in Philly, where pretention rules.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2018 11:01 PM

They've merged with and taken over the Bears. Or is that vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2018 11:04 PM

a) it's from another era b) the imagery that comes out of things like Folsom is usually gross and make us seem obsessed with inauthentic sex that must involve dress-up, masks, and degradation c) AIDS wiped out most of that generation d) those who dress in it now aren't usually that attractive.

what did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2018 11:09 PM

There were several years in the 80's when men went to bars and restaurants after work in suits and ties. I liked that scene.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2018 11:11 PM

I love leather but I can’t stand the BO. Years ago I went into a bar in San Francisco and I thought I was gonna vomit.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2018 11:22 PM

[quote]I was always under the impression it was a derivative of the SM scene which in turn was a result of post WWII social positioning and its effect on the children of that era - lots of sadomasochism in Germany and the US, respectively. Once that generation is done spreading its joy, it’s bound to fizzle.

I agree r20 but I think "gay leather" was a baby boomer things. Even though the Folsom St. Fair and similar stuff are very popular I'm guessing leather will sort of fade away. The sincere SM people will have a ways to connect but it won't be big part of the "gay scene."

I never had the slightest interest in leather but I inherited a few things and I wore them around for awhile. They looked sort of cool but I eventually gave them away. Sort of silly I always thought ...

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2018 11:24 PM

It's fine if the guys who practice the craft are manly men. I've met quite a few who looked like hot leather studs only to turn out to be mincing sissies once they opened their mouths to speak. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2018 11:31 PM

[quote] I love leather but I can’t stand the BO. Years ago I went into a bar in San Francisco and I thought I was gonna vomit.

Shit smell, too.

by Anonymousreply 40October 10, 2018 11:32 PM

My favorite is when the leather guys go on and on about how masc they are. Meanwhile they are acting like high school girls.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2018 12:13 AM

Is there an echo in here?

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2018 12:25 AM

At least they make an attempt to not sound like a bunch of queens in Taylor Swift's girl gang.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote]It's fine if the guys who practice the craft are manly men. I've met quite a few who looked like hot leather studs only to turn out to be mincing sissies once they opened their mouths

That's your prejudice r39. Other may feel completely different. It's a big world and lots of ways to do things

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2018 1:41 AM

It's a costly community to join. In part, that skews it a little older.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2018 1:56 AM

It's just a costume for a lot of guys. They take it off and they put it on. They aren't living the life. Just another form of cosplay - Its a fun way to hang around a bar with likeminded guys (and the occasional bikers).

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2018 2:03 AM

Losing appeal just like those hoop earrings that were popular in the 90's. You don't have to dress in leather drag to be masculine which I think is the reason men dress in leather. Most of the men in leather bars look like they need a good bath. And i agree that the smell is a turn off. One armband is hot.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2018 2:06 AM

Heavy guys and older heavy guys like to dress in leather. Just a fantasy

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2018 2:06 AM

[quote]Losing appeal just like those hoop earrings that were popular in the 90's.

I beg to differ. Hoop earrings are a classic and every woman should own several pairs.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2018 2:08 AM

No, it's not costume. It's not dress up. It's not a fashion statement. Men in the leather community are much more dominant and male identified. Many have a military or LEO background, and have little tolerance for the feminization some gay men present. It has nothing to do with World War II or the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2018 2:09 AM

Lol @R50. Mmm ok.

by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2018 2:11 AM

I truly hope so. Most of them smell bad 🤮

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2018 2:13 AM

I know many leathermen (I live in SF and I’m over 50) and hardly any of them has any sort of military or LE background. Most of them have ordinary 9-5 jobs, or else they’re in real estate. Or they’re therapists or writers.

As mentioned above, leather gear is really expensive - which doesn’t keep tech kiddies from swarming me. $ Leather on Folsom Eve so they can buy the same $250 bulldog harness as everyone else. But I digress.

by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2018 2:15 AM

^^^ I meant “Mr. $ Leather”, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 54October 11, 2018 2:16 AM

... and as far as World War II is concerned, the man who did more than anyone else to popularize the hyper-masculine leather look was Tom of Finland, who was inspired by the soldiers (including German ones) that he fucked during the war.

by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2018 2:23 AM

My God, almost no one seems to know much about leather. It predates the boomers--started in cities with large blue collar populations. I think Cleveland has the oldest leater bar in the Midwest. NYC &SF leather scenes developed among ex-military types after being demobilized from WWII.

Yes it's expensive (hasn't always been) and half the guys have purses in their mouthes despite the macho psosturing and yes it's role place and drag just like wearing a tutuand heels, but it makes a different kind of statement. yes there can be a lot of pretense, but stand and pose places and other subculture-oriented groups can be labelled the same way.

The decline in discrimination, rise of gay marriage, etc. are supposed to "normalize" gaylife, but leather isn't going away. The bars are threatened in places for the same reasons gay bars have had to adapt to bigh rents, internet hookeups, etc. Gay circuit parties, if anything, seem to be getting better. Yes, i can almost LOL when I see the solemnity some guys attach to leater customs, gear and rituals, but I can say that about a lot of gay stuff. No worse than listening to some queen defending Judy Garlard or (even worse) Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2018 2:27 AM

"It’s a lifestyle."

Oh, that's why it doesn't resonate. I have a life, not a lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2018 2:29 AM

Gay dress-up is so dated...unless you're a Furrie!

Still, it's all so exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2018 2:29 AM

I used to like going to gay bars back a few decades ago, but at some point it took a strange turn. Guys started to look increasingly odd as they get into accessories and piercings, tattoos, kilts, there's the image, and then there's the reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2018 3:49 AM

Reality:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2018 3:54 AM

Depends. Are millennial guys into the leather scene?

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2018 3:55 AM

Quenny men trying to look butch in leather. Ha!

The only men that look good in leather are hot cops.

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2018 3:59 AM

I used to love it back in the '70s going to The Spike and The Eagle and the guys at the bar in the heaviest leather drag were arguing in their nelliest voice who was the greatest Italian soprano, Callas or Tebaldi.

by Anonymousreply 63October 11, 2018 4:50 AM

^ Meanwhile, those of us in the back of the bar were hooking up with cops, construction workers and FDNY. Lovely times.

by Anonymousreply 64October 11, 2018 5:40 AM

It's just another form of drag. 100% of the time I've interacted with "leather" guys, they were big queens. There's nothing wrong with being a big queen, or into leather, just don't try to pretend you're "butch" or "manly". Maybe try being your regular old self, playing any sort of dress up becomes tiresome and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 65October 11, 2018 6:16 AM

I think the "50 Shades" novels destroyed it for at least 20 years. Leather is now associated with bored housewives. Once the books fall out of popular culture, another generation will "discover" it again.

by Anonymousreply 66October 11, 2018 6:20 AM

Some millennial guys are into puppy play, R61, whatever the hell that means. Is that like training wheels before hardcore S&M or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 11, 2018 6:25 AM

r67 That is so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 68October 11, 2018 6:32 AM

Gay subcultures die are dying out with the rise of heteronormative gay marriage and Monday night football.

by Anonymousreply 69October 11, 2018 7:38 AM

[quote] There's nothing wrong with being a big queen, or into leather, just don't try to pretend you're "butch" or "manly"

Being manly is part of the drag just like being feminine. All good.

by Anonymousreply 70October 11, 2018 7:40 AM

Not fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 71October 11, 2018 7:41 AM

They always look so unhealthy. Like just one liaison with one and you'd get herpes, HPV, chlamydia and hepatitis.

by Anonymousreply 72October 11, 2018 8:17 AM

I can only imagine the yeast infections ...

by Anonymousreply 73October 11, 2018 8:32 AM

Ha, ha, so many fraus, on this thread. Leather bars are the last place where woman are not really allowed. Men that smell like men are a turn on if you dig men. Not so much if you are a typical woman who says they love men, but dont like they way they act, smell. Lets be honest, most woman in the US think a mans cock and balls should never be seen outside the bedroom, even the slightest bulge in public is "ew gross" to them.

Leather men say fuck that shit. Im wearing a cod piece to accentuate what I got not hide it in a hetero normative closet. Dont like it, dont come to leather events. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 74October 11, 2018 8:40 AM

I'm having difficulty imagining a leather bar in England. They all open their mouths and purses fall out?

by Anonymousreply 75October 11, 2018 9:49 AM

Why did New York's GMSMA (Gay Men's S&M Association) disappear?

by Anonymousreply 76October 11, 2018 10:18 AM

Does anyone know who the guy shown in the pic at R5 is?

by Anonymousreply 77October 11, 2018 10:34 AM

[quote]Men that smell like men are a turn on if you dig men.

But that's just it. They don't smell like men. They smell like horses (asses).

by Anonymousreply 78October 11, 2018 11:46 AM

Some leather guys just playing around. Some really living the life. Some really kinky guys with heavy fetishes are part the leather "community" because they find acceptance and also they can meet other guys with similar interests.

Leather used to be sort of mainstream gay - Proudly marching in the pride parade and lots of bars. But I think It was sort of a fad and I expect the leather "scene' will be smaller and more hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 79October 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Everyone died.

by Anonymousreply 80October 11, 2018 12:12 PM

HIV epidemic must have changed things a lot. It seems so dated not. Looks sort of silly.

by Anonymousreply 81October 11, 2018 12:19 PM

R50, most leather queens (and make no mistake, they are some of the biggest KAWEENS out there,) are florists, haridressers, opera choristers, etc. It doesn’t getting any more flamingly gay, so your idea that they are “mostly ex military” and uphold some sort of masculine ideal is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on DataLounge in sixteen years, and that’s really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 82October 11, 2018 12:22 PM

Most leather queens are out of circulation now because all that fisting made their innards fall out.

by Anonymousreply 83October 11, 2018 12:22 PM

I grew up in Boston and there was Ramrod and Eagle. I was cute, but too “apple pie” to get a job bartending at the Eagle NYC when it first opened, but over the years the sexy exclusivity and novelty of leather bars has eroded because of SMARTPHONES and SJW’s and you can’t get away with what we did before the aughts. It’s very much a subculture but expensive because it has to be fit properly like an custom suit by a leather maker - the best outfits are made to order or they look ridiculous.

You have to look good naked to look good in leather, and the sexiest guys use it to accent their looks, not overwhelmed by it. I’ve met plenty of kinky guys into leather and yes, they tend to be a fun if fragrant bunch.

by Anonymousreply 84October 11, 2018 12:51 PM

^ 😘😘😘

by Anonymousreply 85October 11, 2018 1:00 PM

Triggered fem queens...

by Anonymousreply 86October 11, 2018 1:01 PM

It was only ever a niche to begin with. And all drag.

I still remember being at a leather bar in Pittsburgh, a basement bar with dim lighting, with all these serious, dour looking dudes in leather. You know, the kind that don't smile, who push their voice down low to talk, etc. Taking it so, so, SO seriously.

The bartender was the one who would play music, and this was right when Cher's "Believe" came out. He put it on, and the dour, butch, deep voiced leather dudes suddenly TWIRLED and danced and SASHAYED to the music.

That was my lesson: it's all drag, honey, every last bit.

by Anonymousreply 87October 11, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]I still remember being at a leather bar in Pittsburgh, a basement bar with dim lighting, with all these serious, dour looking dudes in leather. You know, the kind that don't smile, who push their voice down low to talk, etc. Taking it so, so, SO seriously.

Sounds like the Mine Shaft, where I was once forced to apologize to a leather queen for laughing at his overserious stance. Seriously, he complained to the bouncer, "But he laaaaaaaughed at me!!!" and the bouncer took his side.

by Anonymousreply 88October 11, 2018 1:10 PM

R88 LOL at the leather Mary who had to TATTLE on you!

After the incident I mentioned above, I started to call that bar the Fisher Price Leather Hangout. Because it was.

by Anonymousreply 89October 11, 2018 1:12 PM

R50 - take it seriously, do you? LOL

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2018 1:21 PM

I don't know if it's true for the entire world, but I talked to a gay bar owner and he claims that the leather guys are the most loyal customers who actually go out, go to bars, buy drinks and mingle in person with like minded guys which makes me believe that gay leather bars will stay open longer, and catering exclusively to gay leather queens, than mainstream gay bars who will, if not already, branch out and pander to the queer community.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2018 1:29 PM

The cigar dudes are often the same way. It all looks very nice, all very Tom of Finland, but it's an act for many of them.

And I have no time for the snobbery of you can't come in if you don't have X shoes or this or that. If that pumps your nads, more power to you, but it doesn't fly for me at all, and I have no time for that sort of fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2018 1:35 PM

R62 Cops wearing leather is a retro porn fantasy

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2018 1:47 PM

Husband was big in the leather scene when younger. One oh the movers and shakers.Yes, former military and cops are indeed well represented in that community. I have been there, done all that. It is true.

by Anonymousreply 94October 11, 2018 2:26 PM

Hope so too.. Leather doesn't make a 7 an 9. It makes them a 6.5.

by Anonymousreply 95October 11, 2018 2:30 PM

Nope, it’s just changed a lot.

by Anonymousreply 96October 11, 2018 2:33 PM

LOVE LEATHER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 11, 2018 2:36 PM

R50 and r74 are some of the most hilarious posts. As someone stated before, most of these guys are in the gayest professions there are.

I remember my first discovery of what a ruse it was. I was fucking around with this guy I met off of a phoneline( 80's you know). I was too young for bars and didn't drink anyway. He considered himself leather and loved my punk look (studded leather jacket and Mohawk). He had leather pants, those leather arm band things, and that leather cap thing that the nazis wore. Always had a very stubbly face too and his denim jeans, if he wore those, fit like a second skin on him and were well worn. We were strictly weekend fucking and/or very late night as I worked evenings. I didn't ever ask him where he worked, nor did I care. Lo and behold one fine weekday I'm downtown doing my errands before work and I cut through one of the areas with a high number of banks. There he is sitting at a desk toiling away. I almost didn't recognize him except for his haircut and distinctive facial features. I go on over and he looks really nervous. He's completely clean shaven and dressed in a decent looking suit, not too cheap. I sit down and start chatting about how long he's been working here and such. He tells me in a whisper that I have to go. I ask him what's wrong and he just says "go". Needless to say I ignored him each time he called and finally told him off after him not getting the hint. What's sad is he seemed genuine when we were hooking up and talking. Ends up he's a "weekend leather guy". I look back and realize how naive I was.

To those of you out there claiming that these guys are "living the life" are deluding yourselves. What exactly does that entail? I would imagine someone full on into it would be wearing the gear all the time. Probably be working in a bar or construction or some sort of trade. And to the comments of ex military and law enforcement being heavily involved, you're fucking lying. Maybe one out of a hundred, and even then they have purses falling out of their mouths. Just sad.

by Anonymousreply 98October 11, 2018 3:16 PM

This thread is full of sulking thirsty old prissy queens that cant a dick anymore.

by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2018 3:22 PM

No way jose it's still alive and WELL!

by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2018 3:24 PM

To those who think military and law enforcement are not involved, you realy need to join a mc group so you can find out about this.

by Anonymousreply 101October 11, 2018 3:31 PM

[quote] Men in the leather community are much more dominant and male identified.

Bwahahaha.

[quote] Many have a military or LEO background

Oh! My sides!

[quote] And have little tolerance for the feminization some gay men present.

Until the third cocktail, when it comes pumping out of them like Liza's fist punching into the air.

by Anonymousreply 102October 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Leather, like a Speedo, can look hot on guys who can carry it off. Not for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2018 3:35 PM

[quote]To those who think military and law enforcement are not involved, [bold]you realy need to join a mc group[/bold] so you can find out about this.

Or not, r101. WTF is "a mc group"? Realy (sic).

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2018 3:38 PM

R101 is a sad example of someone pushing a fantasy. None, I mean none of these leather queens are in a "motorcycle club". Get over yourself, it ain't happening. A regular Joe who was into leather would never even be allowed in one of these supposed "clubs". They'd be laughed out for not knowing Cher or Bette midlers complete discography. They'd be shunned for not being a current or even former member of the Julie Andrews fan club. I can hear it now at the "leather" book club, "ooooh gurl, how can you NOT appreciate the cinematic adaptation of the epic nove Howard's End by E.M. Forster?"

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2018 3:51 PM

Novel that is...

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2018 3:53 PM

Kellan, extensively quoted in that article, is a vegan, amusingly.

by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Can R99 can a dick?

by Anonymousreply 108October 11, 2018 4:17 PM

i once told a friend that leather men scared me. he said listen to them talk, they're all just nellie queens. i did and he was right.

of course if they'd looked like this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 11, 2018 4:53 PM

The only thing I like about "puppy play" is that rubber tail they stick up their ass.

by Anonymousreply 110October 11, 2018 4:57 PM

We can hope so...and quickly.

by Anonymousreply 111October 11, 2018 4:57 PM

To answer the question, yes it is dying. Subcultures and scenes die when there isn’t a sustained interest from younger generations interested in carrying on the traditions. From what I’ve observed, I have never seen millennial men into the leather scene. But that could just be where I live?

by Anonymousreply 112October 11, 2018 5:19 PM

I think the problem with younger generations, as a whole, not being into leather is that they don't believe in the S&M culture of dominant / top / superior /masculine vs. submissive / bottom / inferior / feminine. It's more about sharing circles, cuddling, and empowerment through oversharing.

by Anonymousreply 113October 11, 2018 5:30 PM

^ LOL!

by Anonymousreply 114October 11, 2018 5:42 PM

A few years back some friends dragged me to the Eagle in Atlanta (At least I think it was called the Eagle). It's a leather bar.

There were some of the friendliest gays I've ever met anywhere. LOVED that bar!

by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2018 5:44 PM

Leather guys are not at all intimidating personally. I guess the leather look is to give them machismo and swagger, but, in bed, I've only experienced kindness and passion with them.

by Anonymousreply 116October 11, 2018 5:46 PM

Hilarious R113.

by Anonymousreply 117October 11, 2018 5:55 PM

When it works, it works...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 11, 2018 6:04 PM

Well one thing the leather guys seem to have in common is kinky sex. Whether they're "weekend leather" or "living the life" I think they're all have some sort of kink going on - whether it's just a mild taste, or full on hardcore.

I also think "bears" tend to look good in leather. A guy with a gut and a hairy chest and arms looks okay in a leather vest, etc. So I think of lot of this demographic winds up in the leather bars.

I think the guys that look the worst are the ones who don't have any musculature whatsoever. Leather accessories don't flatter thin bodies with thin arms and a pop-gut.

by Anonymousreply 119October 11, 2018 6:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 11, 2018 6:05 PM

R112, I see millennial guys at The Eagle.

by Anonymousreply 121October 11, 2018 6:20 PM

I've had an interest in this scene, but honestly, it's maybe one or two guys in ten that I've found interesting and authentic. They wear it confidently and they don't put on much of an act around it. And I've been lucky to fuck around with a few of those guys.

The rest seem to go to one extreme or the other. Either it is just "drag" or a costume (which I find with guys <30 or so - not exclusively but especially with them) or they take it super uber seriously as a role. I had some self-identified leather daddy try to tell me all the ways in which I wasn't submissive enough and, especially, how disappointed he was that I was only wearing jeans and not leather which meant I was not masculine enough. This, from a man who had lavender soap sachets in his bathroom. Your Honor, I rest my case.

I appreciate a masculine dude but I also really like someone who's very natural. I don't like performative stuff. I am not much for props. If you have to reach for a popper bottle every 30 seconds, I'm probably not a good match for you, because I want to get intimate and not have to follow a cue, or a scene, or stop every so often so you can huff toxic chemicals. So that's my quirk, I suppose. Just not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 122October 11, 2018 6:54 PM

For me, wearing skin tight leather that hugs my body decreases the risk of me having Grand Mall Seizures.

by Anonymousreply 123October 11, 2018 7:04 PM

[quote]To those of you out there claiming that these guys are "living the life" are deluding yourselves. What exactly does that entail? I would imagine someone full on into it would be wearing the gear all the time. Probably be working in a bar or construction or some sort of trade.

What a delusional simplistic explanation. So anyone who calls them self a sports fan has to work for a sports team? A foodie is only someone who works in the restaurant business? An art collector needs to be an artist?

People have lives dip shit, they have to work and chances are their choice of profession came long before their discovery of leather. That doesn't mean they are not honestly living the life when they are off of work. I know plenty of guys that do that, and not in the closet about it. They just don't wear a leather harness to work.

by Anonymousreply 124October 11, 2018 8:38 PM

The leather subculture denotes practices and styles of dress organized around sexual activities that involve leather garments, such as leather jackets, vests, boots, chaps, harnesses, or other items. Wearing leather garments is one way that participants in this culture self-consciously distinguish themselves from mainstream sexual cultures. Many people associate leather culture with BDSM (Bondage/Discipline, Dominance/Submission, Sado/Masochism, also called "SM" or "S&M"). But for others, wearing black leather clothing is an erotic fashion that expresses heightened masculinity or the appropriation of sexual power; love of motorcycles, motorcycle clubs and independence; and/or engagement in sexual kink or leather fetishism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 11, 2018 9:09 PM

[quote] Grand Mall Seizures

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 126October 11, 2018 9:16 PM

^ I had a Grand Mall Seizure at Sears.

by Anonymousreply 127October 11, 2018 9:18 PM

Thank you, R127, for making me laugh on a day when the stock market continues to plunge.

by Anonymousreply 128October 11, 2018 9:38 PM

For me, leather is all about the fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 11, 2018 9:44 PM

It's straightbro fetishism from 70 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 130October 11, 2018 9:48 PM

I wanted to be a leather queen but father needed help behind the notions counter.

by Anonymousreply 131October 11, 2018 10:16 PM

Was there a gay bar near The Middle East in Cambridge or was I fucked up and someplace else?

I met a hot Massachusetts firefighter in London once. He was older and good looking. But he wasn’t into me. (I’m still handsome but then I was 20 and handsome.) He said he’d take me to a gay bar that night. I met him. He showed up in leather gear. We ended up going our separate ways, I forget what happened after that. I thought it was really weird st the time but all the power to him. I really wouldn’t want to be single in this new world where it’s all hook up apps.

by Anonymousreply 132October 11, 2018 11:23 PM

R101 why bring up mc? They’ll never get admitted, least of all for jockstrap night. They don’t have anything to put in. Maybe they can try for bra night with the leather ladies.

by Anonymousreply 133October 11, 2018 11:27 PM

R122, I think that’s what most guys mean when they say they like “straight” guys or straight acting/appearing. It basically means they don’t want a twink, bear, or other stereotypical gay, but just a natural guy—not self loathing, just normal.

(Twist that however you like, SJWs. But you know what I mean.)

by Anonymousreply 134October 11, 2018 11:30 PM

[quote]It basically means they don’t want a twink, bear, or other stereotypical gay, but just a natural guy—not self loathing

r134 - are you saying that twinks, bears or stereotypical gays are self loathing ?? Thanks ..

by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2018 12:52 AM

Yes...its no longer 1987

by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2018 1:16 AM

r136

Very sad for you

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2018 1:21 AM

[quote]^ I had a Grand Mall Seizure at Sears.

Well, you don't need to worry about that ever happening again. Sears is filing for dissolution bankruptcy tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2018 1:38 AM

Sorry to hear but of course completely expected. I will take my Grand Malls to Macy's

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2018 1:40 AM

I’m amused at all the “mc club” references. I ride a motorcycle and when I used to go to the SF Eagle regularly, I was almost always the only motorcyclist there. I wear black leather every day but when I take my helmet off, I look as preppy as can be.

by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2018 4:01 AM

whatever R50 - that's what you keep telling yourselves. If that was the case, then straight men would be running around in leather chaps and whips - they do not.

It's a fucked up mythical version of masculinity - perhaps brought on by Tom of Finland. But it is dying - thankfully. It's all soooo ridiculous and preening.

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2018 4:12 AM

For years, the "Dykes on Bikes" mc traditionally led the NYC gay pride protest march which became a "parade." They still do but now they have a more family friendly name and don't ride topless.

by Anonymousreply 142October 12, 2018 4:12 AM

R137 sad for you, ya old dried up leather queen. Take up,knitting, go the bingo,and remember your youth

by Anonymousreply 143October 12, 2018 4:18 AM

R124= triggered "leather" queen who thinks he's "masculine" and down with bikers, cops, and military men. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 144October 12, 2018 4:25 AM

R109 would be 100x hotter without all that ridiculous "gear" on. It's like thinking if you put refrigerator magnets on a refrigerator, it will make it work better. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 145October 12, 2018 4:44 AM

If millennial guys are at the Eagle or leather bars, I imagine they are there more for the scene and Instragram worthy posts rather than getting fisted on a sling or whatever, R121.

by Anonymousreply 146October 12, 2018 4:47 AM

Many leather guys seem to be into really nasty and unsafe practices so no.

by Anonymousreply 147October 12, 2018 1:13 PM

There used to be gay/leather MCs in the Bay Area pre-AIDS. The cuts of many of the clubs were hung on the walls of the Eagle in SF. Back when John and Joe owned it. AIDS decimatedthat whole scene. As far as I know the Rainbow MC still exist. There is also the Satyrs in LA, who actually did originate in the very early biker scene.

The leather thing has nothing to do with MCs.

by Anonymousreply 148October 12, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]If millennial guys are at the Eagle or leather bars they are there more for the scene and Instragram worthy posts rather than getting fisted on a sling

People of all ages like hardcore sex ..

by Anonymousreply 149October 12, 2018 5:30 PM

r136 = bitter troll

by Anonymousreply 150October 12, 2018 5:31 PM

OP : if it's true it's really sad because it was sexy and amazing : let's see the movie CRUISING.....

by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2018 11:00 AM

They're just drag queens, gone in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2018 3:32 PM

And wouldn’t the world be more boring without drag queens? 💄💋👠

by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2018 3:37 PM

There will always be a leather scene as long as there is a Germany.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2018 3:45 PM

It was time for the sad fugs to exit the stage

by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2018 4:30 PM

^ types R155 from his parents’ basement

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2018 4:35 PM

From your dad’s basement, R155

His prolapsed Hole is a guilty pleasure

by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2018 4:45 PM

A lot of gay leather scenesters have given up leather in favour of pleather. It’s a sign the leather scene has become more socially conscious.

by Anonymousreply 158October 13, 2018 4:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 13, 2018 5:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 13, 2018 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 13, 2018 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 13, 2018 5:15 PM

I can't get into the leather scene. Too many accoutrements required.

by Anonymousreply 163October 13, 2018 5:23 PM

Leather never appealed to 100% of gay men and it never will. For outsiders it will always be a subculture of kinky fetishes. But as long there is a heteronormative society pushing and shaming people there will be a demand for a community like the leather community where people explore their desires in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 164October 13, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote]Is the gay leather scene dying?

It depends upon who you ask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2018 8:27 PM

Fucking gross!!

by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2018 8:32 PM

Leather is just a costume.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2018 8:36 PM

Oh you nellie drag queens and fag hags go back to your Will & Grace reruns and reading your Victoria’s Secret catalog. The intact men are watching sports. Thanks for letting us know which of you really hate having male body parts. That’s a time saver.

by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2018 8:39 PM

^ dafuq

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2018 10:12 PM

OH! Maybe I should investigate this culture a bit more....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2018 10:56 PM

Yes. More research is required. Much more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2018 11:00 PM

It’s so expensive.

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2018 11:26 PM

Sorry but I've never found dead cow skin sexy.

by Anonymousreply 173October 14, 2018 10:14 AM

I am 100% homo, but even I find those gatherings of men like in R165 R170 R171 to be disgusting. I feel quite sad for those men that it takes parading around in public naked and in various states of arousal to give them a thrill.

by Anonymousreply 174October 14, 2018 4:20 PM

Why be sad for guys who are having fun?

by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote]I am 100% homo, but even I find those gatherings of men like in [R165] [R170] [R171] to be disgusting.

So. That doesn't mean that you can't be sexually repressed or a nerd. Shed your skin, baby. It's FUN out here! It's happy, peppy, and GAY!

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote] I feel quite sad for those men that it takes parading around in public naked and in various states of arousal

Don't fell sad for them. If you got it then show it!

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]Don't fell sad for them.

*FEEL

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2018 4:38 PM

Alert the Media: Samuel Jackson @ R171.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2018 5:34 PM

Always the fat, smelly, ugly types

by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2018 5:56 PM

Taboo....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 14, 2018 6:08 PM

They always look greasy or sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 182October 14, 2018 9:27 PM

I love you R82

by Anonymousreply 183October 14, 2018 11:24 PM

R174, all those pics are from the same event that occurs just one day a year. And it’s very easy to avoid it, as long as you never visit San Francisco on the last Sunday in September. Unless, of course, you’d like to clutch your pearls at those men IRL.

by Anonymousreply 184October 15, 2018 12:06 AM

Your FFRIENDLY Neighborhood Power Bottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 15, 2018 11:57 AM

R174 has never been laid.

by Anonymousreply 186October 15, 2018 1:04 PM

R185, now that’s when leather gear fuckin works. I get hard looking at that.

by Anonymousreply 187October 15, 2018 1:15 PM

Thank you R185, I love that pic. Friendly neighborhood power bottom? Hopefully (and I want to be part of sit roast), but man if wanted me on my knees to suck his cock, I'd happily oblige and if that's the scene he better talk dirty, call me names (yes I'd be good with 'bitch', 'cock whore' and 'fucking cum slut').

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2018 8:13 PM

Aaron Currie and David Currie, newlyweds and leather models

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2018 8:22 PM

it died when twinks started making it the 'it' thing

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2018 8:24 PM

That's more like "faux" or "wannabe" leather. Dressing up in something you bought off Mr. S no more makes you leather than buying a gym membership makes you drop a 100 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2018 8:52 PM

R191, that’s still not as pathetic as those queens who go to Mr. S, try on harnesses, and use in-store selfies of themselves in those harnesses (which of course they put right back on the rack) as their profile pics.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2018 8:56 PM

r191 yeah, totally with you on that.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2018 9:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2018 10:19 PM

^^ Why exactly did someone go through the trouble of photoshopping armbands onto them?

Oh, and those panties are rubber - not leather.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2018 10:49 PM

Leather, rubber...

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Sad little boys playing dress up.

Whatever happened to the uber macho man on here with the delusional thought that all these guys are serious ex military/law enforcement? What a piece of work. He also made out like there are roving gangs of macho hardcore gay leather bikers. Lol, you can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2018 5:40 AM

It just seems like a lot of effort and a lot of money just to play butch dress up.

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2018 11:18 AM

So to the posters here who keep commenting that, "It just seems like a lot of effort and a lot of money just to play butch dress up." or some variation - here's a question... have you ever tried leather? Have you gone out, tried on a harness or leather shorts? Taken off your shirt and tried on a vest to see how you look?

Maybe you'd like the way leather trousers feel or realize that you look hot in a vest with a pair of jeans and boots?

I'm not built to wear the gear, wish I was - I love the way a man's body looks in leather.

by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2018 11:26 AM

Lumberjack / flannel shirt fetish ? Check.

Army guy / military fetish? Got it.

Construction worker / blue collar fetish ? Understood.

Swimmer / speedo fetish ? Makes sense.

A subculture built around wearing strips of dead, pickled skin ? WTF

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2018 11:32 AM

Yeah, R197. It's SO sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2018 11:34 AM

Yeah R201 that's what most leather guys look like.

by Anonymousreply 202October 16, 2018 12:08 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 16, 2018 12:13 PM

Tragic, one might say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 16, 2018 12:18 PM

EXACTLY R146, it’s for the camp display, not actual interest.

by Anonymousreply 205October 16, 2018 12:30 PM

This thread didn’t go the way he wanted R197.

by Anonymousreply 206October 16, 2018 12:31 PM

What's sad is that some of you judgmental prisspots are so insecure in your own sexuality that you can't abide anyone whose tastes differ from your own. You sound like you'd be happy in a repressive theocracy where everyone fucks through a hole in the sheet. Go straight if gay sex freaks you out so much.

by Anonymousreply 207October 16, 2018 12:43 PM

That's the sense that I'm getting, R207. These are the same people who find the PRIDE parades embarrassing and some of the other things they define as "too gay". Hey! If it isn't for you then it isn't for you! But, don't judge people because they are just not into the chino pant, IZOD Lacoste type look and that look doesn't do anything for them.

by Anonymousreply 208October 16, 2018 12:48 PM

R207 = old leather queen who hasn’t been laid in six thousand years based on his old man fetish.

by Anonymousreply 209October 16, 2018 12:48 PM

R209 = blocked cunt

by Anonymousreply 210October 16, 2018 12:51 PM

R208, you do realize that the vast majority of these "leather" guys have professional jobs where they wear the exact clothes you think they DON'T wear? Stop pretending these guys are in some uber masculine, hardcore biker club where they go around on their Harley's day and night cruising and fisting their fellow ex military/law enforcement buddies while drinking whiskey and beer.There's no such thing as "in it for life" leather guys. They're all sad little man-children playing dress up. The sooner you realize this, the better off you'll feel.

by Anonymousreply 211October 16, 2018 4:25 PM

What’s sad is your smug closed-mindedness and Puritanism, Goody Miss R211.

by Anonymousreply 212October 16, 2018 4:40 PM

R212=0/10. So sad

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2018 5:18 PM

Girls, girls, you're all pretty.

Unfortunately for me, you need the body of a god to look good in leather, but that's true of most things. I do like the smell of leather.

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2018 6:03 PM

I remember when I was younger ( in the 80's) and going to the mall and heading over to Wilsons (?) leather for the smells. And, my first cool biker jacket that I punk rocked out. Still was never into the leather mentality/scene. Some of the guys were nice, but I was onto them.

by Anonymousreply 215October 16, 2018 6:38 PM

[quote]There's no such thing as "in it for life" leather guys.

Your provincialism is showing R211. I’ve encountered stacks of leather guys who are in it for life. American leather queens are often just dress up poseur play acting Marys, but in Europe you encounter warm and down-to-earth leather men all the time. I once worked in an office where there were two who came to work in leather every day. One had the German equivalent of Phone Mum roughly tattooed on the back of his hand because he told me his mother hassled him that he never phoned so he just walked into a tattoo parlor and had it down like one writes out a shopping list. Totally cool non-attitude rough-as-guts and broken nosed handsome Berlin guy built like a brick shithouse.

by Anonymousreply 216October 16, 2018 6:52 PM

I'm still laughing at r127's comment!

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2018 7:20 PM

I loved bald mink in my youth. I had the body and build for the stuff, but I didn't enjoy much of the kinky-stinky sex some expected from me. I have the stuff in a closet, but it's there only for the memories. I only use the term, bald mink, because it bothered the hell out of several guys that I enjoyed pissing off. I guess I wasn't very nice way back when, not much has changed.

by Anonymousreply 218October 16, 2018 8:36 PM

R216. Have you been to Amerca? We’re all S&M Maries (Stand and Model, Sneakers and Makeup). If you deviate from the formula - you’re an outcast. Everybody’s openminded and embracing - unless you’re leather, into fetish, bisexual, poly or admit to not being a gold star gay.

Then you’re a freak and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 219October 16, 2018 8:39 PM

Damn R201's pic is one fine lookin man and a good example of how leather can accentuate his build.

R218, you should pull out some of the gear, put it on and see how you feel - do it without all of the kinky/stinky crap you didn't relate to.

by Anonymousreply 220October 16, 2018 9:00 PM

I love this movie. And for historical perspective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 16, 2018 9:00 PM

Found this on another thread.

HOT!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2018 2:19 AM

Damn R222 - those boots have got to be custom and cost some serious cash... love it.

by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2018 10:04 AM

[quote]Grand Mall Seizures

Gran Mall? as in Mall of America?

by Anonymousreply 224October 17, 2018 10:09 AM

It was dead before it became a scene.

by Anonymousreply 225October 17, 2018 2:20 PM

R222 is such a hardcore looking dude. I wonder if he's ex military or law enforcement? Vroom vroooom, start up the Harley boys.

by Anonymousreply 226October 17, 2018 2:42 PM

The only thing hardcore about Seth Fornea (who is pictured at R222) is how well he takes dick of various ethnicities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 17, 2018 3:16 PM

BTW. the guy in r222's pic is gay porn star Seth Fornea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 17, 2018 3:40 PM

I always think if you have to gild the lily to this point you are losing the basic wonder of sex. Theme queens have always annoyed the fuck out of me,no matter what their choice of drag.

by Anonymousreply 229October 17, 2018 4:08 PM

Yes, it's Seth Fornea, blah, blah, blah... he wears those fuckin boots and that jock and harness better than most of us posting to this thread and I for one am glad to see him in the gear.

i don't give a shit if he's a bossy bottom, he looks good in the gear.

by Anonymousreply 230October 17, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote] Yes, it's Seth Fornea, blah, blah, blah...

Oh, did I ruin your fantasy that this is a real leather hunk with military background? Sow-ry!

by Anonymousreply 231October 17, 2018 7:53 PM

No you did not R231 - I don't ALL guys into leather have a military or law enforcement background... it' just that guys in this thread are so dismissive of good looking, well-built guys put themselves on display in leather.

BTW - whoever posted the video of Fornea enthusiasticlly sucking that big cock and then bending over to take it up his ass, thanks! LOVE that Seth's a pillow-biter, wish there was a video of him with his leather-wrapped legs high in the air while his hole took a pounding.

by Anonymousreply 232October 17, 2018 8:48 PM

What's wrong with a little imagination, R229?

by Anonymousreply 233October 17, 2018 9:24 PM

You're welcome, R232. Love a beefy ginger bottom.

by Anonymousreply 234October 18, 2018 1:30 AM

If it wasn't dead before that nelly cumdump Seth Fornea might have just gravely wounded it.

by Anonymousreply 235October 18, 2018 3:04 AM

I wish the Millennial Furry scene would die first.

by Anonymousreply 236October 18, 2018 7:29 AM

Furries don’t hang out in bars with their mascot suits on, though. In DC, I rarely see anyone under the age of 60 wearing leather.

by Anonymousreply 237October 18, 2018 1:33 PM

Foundation garments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 18, 2018 1:59 PM

Considering there’s one leather bar in DC and it’s in a shitty neighborhood, it’s not like you’re going to see men in leather in the gayborhood.

by Anonymousreply 239October 18, 2018 5:07 PM

Nice R238! Thanks for adding that to the thread.

by Anonymousreply 240October 18, 2018 5:43 PM

[quote]Considering there’s one leather bar in DC and it’s in a shitty neighborhood, it’s not like you’re going to see men in leather in the gayborhood.

You must be unaware and/or not old enough to remember the meatpacking district and Chelsea in NYC before the "proper" gays discovered it. It was NOTHING but gay leather/fetish after hours clubs. I point this out because I would think that DC would have (or had) the same dynamics. The worse the neighborhood the freakier the party.

by Anonymousreply 241October 18, 2018 6:01 PM

R241. Oh the NYC scene is a world apart and vastly superior. The DC Eagle moved location 3 times in NW DC during the time I’ve lived here, and now has moved to SE off Benning Road. There’s quite literally nothing there: no restaurants, no other bars. It’s such a hostile neighborhood the adjoining shithole of a strip shopping center put up an 8’ chain link fence to prevent bar goers from parking there.

Getting an Uber or Lyft is damn near impossible, and Metro which is about 1/4 mile away of course stops running well before the bar closes. You’re definitely in the wrong part of town. This isn’t the freaky part of town. This is the stab your ass part of town.

by Anonymousreply 242October 19, 2018 2:29 AM

It's in NE though.

by Anonymousreply 243October 19, 2018 3:19 AM

They put spotted dick in a can in Britain, r99! Seriously though, whenever I think of the leather scene I can't help but think of nasty-assed Robert Maplethorp and his coprophilic festish.

by Anonymousreply 244October 19, 2018 3:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 19, 2018 9:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 19, 2018 11:20 PM

R245, that looks like a pic from HotHouse video - am I correct? And yea, that guy's built for the gear... dig the jock too.

by Anonymousreply 247October 21, 2018 11:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 21, 2018 11:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 21, 2018 11:29 AM

R246, oh MY

by Anonymousreply 250October 21, 2018 11:56 AM

Of course any hot jock is going to continue to look hot even when wearing something made of leather. The fact remains that very few people who are part of the “leather scene” look remotely like the porn stars posted on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 251October 21, 2018 2:16 PM

New Jersey Leather Weekend 2018

Friday, October 19 - Sunday, October 21

Paradise/The Empress Hotel

Asbury Park, NJ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 21, 2018 2:19 PM

Love, love, LOVE, this!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 21, 2018 2:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 21, 2018 3:01 PM

I always found guys in leather both unappealing and comedic. No accounting for taste.

by Anonymousreply 255October 21, 2018 3:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 21, 2018 3:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 21, 2018 3:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 21, 2018 3:12 PM

Sorry, r253, he's married.

by Anonymousreply 259October 21, 2018 4:09 PM

So your “queery theory” of acceptance has a pretty limited range of acceptance, doesn’t it? You only have a range of tolerance for pretty young people who have “no labels” (those you accept, of course). Who have that bland sourt of tolerably bland, self effacing, non threatening, non binary attractiveness and are within that 18-30 age range. But you’re not at all judgmental.

Meanwhile, lets wander into any gay whoops “queer” bar and look at the retinue you attract. Is it the 18-30 age range, all blandly attractive in that mildly androgynous look out of Heinlein’s early 1970s novels? Of course not. Most of you look exactly as you are: post 40, trying to shave 10 years off.

But, why wait? You can be unattractive in your youth, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 21, 2018 4:27 PM

Leather died when it went mainstream. It was supposed to be about unapologetic masculinity, but it got co-opted by PC culture and started promoting women and drag queens at events and the sexuality got replaced by theater. It may have been AIDS/HIV epidemic-related but the sexual aspects became overwhelmed by accessories, tattoos (not one or two but fifty), piercings all over the place, bones through the nose, outfits that reminded you more of drag queens than leather. Men who never set foot in a gym in their lives wanting to show their eighty-year-old cottage cheese white ass to the world. It stopped being hot and became something uglified. Tom of Finland became Marvel Comics.

by Anonymousreply 261October 21, 2018 6:04 PM

R253, R254, R256 - two words FUCK YEA! Let me repeat that, FUCK YEA! And he's carrying around some serious cock!

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 262October 21, 2018 10:17 PM

The poor slaughtered cows put a curse on the leather scene...Boo!

by Anonymousreply 263October 21, 2018 10:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 22, 2018 11:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 22, 2018 12:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 22, 2018 5:40 PM

God that's a great addition to this thread R266 - more please (of him!).

by Anonymousreply 267October 22, 2018 5:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 22, 2018 6:52 PM

Miss R168 Has Stated Her Boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 269October 22, 2018 6:53 PM

OOOOOOOO!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 22, 2018 7:42 PM

the man in R266's pic, what do you think he does for a living what's his 9 - 5 job? I've started to fantasize about this recently. He's obviously a man who spends time in the gym and gets out into the sun to tan (or has the time to tan indoors.

I don't think he's the manager of a supermarket... I can't see him as an accountant or CPA, doing tax work. Could he be a lawyer? Maybe an RN? It's hot to think of him as your house painter or contractor, but that's just stereotyping, right?

What do you think? Elaborate please!

by Anonymousreply 271October 22, 2018 8:29 PM

[quote]the man in [R266]'s pic, what do you think he does for a living what's his 9 - 5 job? I've started to fantasize about this recently. He's obviously a man who spends time in the gym and gets out into the sun to tan (or has the time to tan indoors. I don't think he's the manager of a supermarket... I can't see him as an accountant or CPA, doing tax work. Could he be a lawyer? Maybe an RN? It's hot to think of him as your house painter or contractor,

Why can't he be, R271?

Doctor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 22, 2018 9:02 PM

LOL at all you silly queens who think that any man in leather is a “leather man.”

by Anonymousreply 273October 22, 2018 9:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 22, 2018 10:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 23, 2018 2:00 AM

Exactly r273, the one posting all the photos is the one who thinks all these guys are ex military/law enforcement, uber masculine, who go around swigging whiskey and beer all the live long day with their equally macho male friends. Sad and deluded queens the whole lot of them. I know drag queens more hardcore than these princesses.

by Anonymousreply 276October 23, 2018 5:40 AM

I think no such thing, R276. The question asked by the thread is; "Is the gay leather scene dying?". My answer is "no". It's alive and well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 23, 2018 11:21 AM

We are recording IP addresses. Happy Jesus Day, Heathen Sinners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 23, 2018 11:41 AM

Oh Mike, we all know you're self-flaggelating at night after spending time on DL, reading this and other threads, your dick hard and leaking pre-cum. Personally, I think you would have looked good in leather a couple of decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 279October 23, 2018 10:49 PM

I know a few leather guys who post pics about attending leather events, beyond IML (International Male Leather in Chicago); the events are always packed and sell out quickly. 1000s attend. It may be smaller, but those who are into it are quite devoted.

by Anonymousreply 280October 23, 2018 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 24, 2018 6:21 AM

You silly queens complaining the leather bars are in bad neighborhood, WTF is wrong with you? That's always been where they are located. The seedier the better. Go back to your dance clubs, do some Tina, drink your Cosmo and STFU.

by Anonymousreply 282October 24, 2018 7:44 AM

It died when the Mr Leather contests began and the grown men got to wear sashes.

It is different in Europe. A friend told me two friends of his from the US, who were very serious about their leather in that squeaky clean full outfit way, visits a notorious bar in Paris and were appalled how sleazy the regular punters were. Not the kind to sit bolt upright on their Harley dressers and ride in parades. I’ve also been in bars in Berlin and Amsterdam where it is pretty rough and ready. The US was like this way back when in NYC, we know, but it seems now the scene is mostly about the uptight auntie mentality when it comes to ‘outfits’. Most of them look like that Peter Merino fella. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 283October 24, 2018 7:59 AM

I’m doing my part!

by Anonymousreply 284October 24, 2018 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 25, 2018 10:29 AM

Excellent R285 - you should add that pic to the Hairy Black Men thread!

by Anonymousreply 286October 25, 2018 12:23 PM

Well there is a push to make all things bovine go vegan so probably.

by Anonymousreply 287October 25, 2018 12:25 PM

The man in the photo at r285 would look way hotter and more masculine in a good suit. Anytime I see a hot guy dressed up in leather, I have an immediate revulsion. Kind of like a lot of you hateful, bitter queens when it comes to tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 288October 25, 2018 6:20 PM

Poor, poor you R288 - so delicate. R285's man has a beautiful body, sexy in his gear and yea, he be sexy in a suit - I'd like to see a third pic of him in a brightly colored speedo or square-cut swimsuit.

by Anonymousreply 289October 25, 2018 8:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290October 27, 2018 7:49 PM

Leather dying? YES, but not quick enough. It always bothered me to see men pretending to be men.

by Anonymousreply 291October 28, 2018 12:11 AM

The dudes at r275 are middle aged+ HOT. They embody being active, fit, and natural while aging. THAT is super sexy. And I’m not into leather at all, but to each their own. It’s not my thing, but they are all fine specimens of healthy aging, super super sexy.

by Anonymousreply 292October 28, 2018 2:45 AM

They all look prematurely aged from hard living to me

by Anonymousreply 293October 28, 2018 1:38 PM

Well, most leather guys are into all kinds of extreme shit so that's bound to age you faster.

by Anonymousreply 294October 28, 2018 2:55 PM

It was a fetish from the 20th century. Yes, it's dying.

by Anonymousreply 295October 28, 2018 3:06 PM

It was all very German. I'm sure it's still somewhat popular in Cologne.

by Anonymousreply 296October 28, 2018 3:19 PM

It was thriving in Amsterdam through the 90s. The perfect environment for it. Argos was a classic leather bar - oldest and most real leather/shipman bar ever. So many eye-opening and atmospheric memories - now closed. Walking around Adam now in leather is depressing - you will be gawked at by all the tourists and there are very few other guys in leather. But still more alive than San Francisco or NYC. Cuckoos Nest, the Web, Eagle, Dirty Dicks are still open and always see a few (older) leather guys.

by Anonymousreply 297October 28, 2018 4:14 PM

I hope the leather scene sticks around, even if it becomes more niche within the gay community. Others have wrote about over the top and serious it's become and I think that's a very good point. I think some men are incredibly sexy in the gear... I like to think that they know they are sexy in the gear and they use that when at a bar or event. There's a strut and an attitude exuded that I find very sexy. For example...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 28, 2018 5:00 PM

This, however, looks really uncomfortable - dude, your cock's to have more room than that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 28, 2018 5:03 PM

Here's another good example of a sexy guy in gear...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Are the costumes supposed to look like Nazi uniforms on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 301October 28, 2018 5:23 PM

Yeah, right. Didn't you know they all wore studded leather gauntlets and leather shorts that lace-up the sides?

by Anonymousreply 302October 28, 2018 5:36 PM

They are harmless why give them a bad time. They say clothing makes/defines the man and if that's the way they see themselves, go for it. Besides, a little 'pretend' is fun now and then. I've always thought of it as performance sex. All drag is performance sex.

by Anonymousreply 303October 28, 2018 7:11 PM

Glad R301 brought up the elephant in the room. Most of the gear does evoke a certain authoritarianism. Not surprised it originates from Germany.

by Anonymousreply 304October 28, 2018 7:42 PM

I'm sure you're glad. Any chance to torpedo someone else's kicks is your orgasm of choice right? You are truly and undeniably a member of the international finger wagging brigade at all adults only events screaming-what about the children?

by Anonymousreply 305October 28, 2018 8:23 PM

I just find it an interesting parallel. Geeze. Fuck who you want, lady.

by Anonymousreply 306October 28, 2018 9:01 PM

What's the parallel? Ever heard of lederhosen? How about motorcycle clubs? People get a thrill out of erotic scenarios and gear that you clearly don't. Big deal. Save the aghast frau responses, nobody is interested.

by Anonymousreply 307October 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Leather queens are some of the most sensitive, fragile, insecure, vicious little man-children I've met. Leather/lace/lisp.

by Anonymousreply 308October 29, 2018 5:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 29, 2018 6:09 AM

PETER MARSHALL: "Paul, why do motorcyclists wear leather?"

*pause*

PAUL LYNDE: "Because taffeta wrinkles!"

by Anonymousreply 310October 29, 2018 6:46 AM

[quote] Anytime I see a hot guy dressed up in leather, I have an immediate revulsion.

Mary, put your head between your knees!

by Anonymousreply 311October 29, 2018 6:48 AM

The line is chiffon.

"Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather? A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312October 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Dying? Lol.

DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 313October 29, 2018 9:03 AM

^ Miss Gurl doesn't get out much

by Anonymousreply 314October 29, 2018 10:53 AM

The guys with the Corinthian leather on their back will be around for quite some time. Leather is usually the last act for old gays with enduring sex drive before surrendering to the recliner and TV. Sort of the last stab at feeling like a man.

by Anonymousreply 315October 29, 2018 6:53 PM

hey R315, z-z-z-z-z-z-z. Look online any yes, you're going to find older men who are into leather, but then there are the younger men who seem to enjoy it as well. Just look online through some tumblrs for guys in leather.

by Anonymousreply 316October 29, 2018 9:16 PM

The youngin's are simply corinthian models

by Anonymousreply 317October 29, 2018 10:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318October 30, 2018 12:54 AM

R315 you seem to be the expert

by Anonymousreply 319October 30, 2018 1:56 AM

I guarantee Paul Lynde was way more masculine than these delicate, leather clad princesses. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 320October 30, 2018 5:48 AM

His cock was probably bigger, and anus more musky.

by Anonymousreply 321October 30, 2018 6:58 AM

Leather Heathers are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 322October 30, 2018 8:14 AM

So true R315, you typed, "Leather is usually the last act for old gays with enduring sex drive before surrendering to the recliner and TV." Example one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 30, 2018 10:06 AM

And this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 30, 2018 10:07 AM

Nothing to see here either R315...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325October 30, 2018 10:09 AM

I'm living the leather life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 30, 2018 10:21 AM

Love this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 30, 2018 10:33 AM

Let me say this, (and I say the same thing about men and thongs); If people weren't buying it then it wouldn't get made. So! Is the gay leather scene, or leather scene in general, dying? I don't think so!

by Anonymousreply 328October 30, 2018 10:37 AM

I have friends who have a small business making leather goods and fetishwear for the leather community and it is a growing business. No it is not dying.

by Anonymousreply 329October 30, 2018 10:59 AM

R327 had me cracking up. Those are the limpest wrists I've ever seen. And him hiding his eyes means he probably had an eye job. Keep on with all these "hardcore" guys fellas.

by Anonymousreply 330October 30, 2018 5:09 PM

Because chiffon wrinkles SO easily.

At that level, every word is important.

by Anonymousreply 331October 30, 2018 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332October 30, 2018 5:55 PM

^ oh, MY!

by Anonymousreply 333October 30, 2018 9:06 PM

Here's a pic to trigger so many of you... he's obviously posing - the cigar is a cliche - he's not shaved, but has body hair - he's more fit/fat than chiseled - look away, look away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 30, 2018 9:35 PM

What happens to the gear when the old coots die? Is there a secondary market in gently used leather? Donated to police unions?

by Anonymousreply 335October 31, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]What happens to the gear when the old coots die? Is there a secondary market in gently used leather?

Now, that's interesting that you should ask that. I've recently wondered that too. You might laugh but some of these creations are very haute couture and cost a good penny. I wonder if there is a secondary market like that of used furs and other types of clothing.

by Anonymousreply 336October 31, 2018 1:44 PM

A bunch of stand and pose muscle Marys playing dress up.

by Anonymousreply 337October 31, 2018 2:23 PM

R337, posts like yours always make me think that you WISH you could stand pose because you were built and muscled.

But you're not, you sound bitter, dismissive and probably cruel.

Personally, I'd love to be built for leather... try it out, see how it feels, what reaction I'd get from other men. I know I'm not however.

by Anonymousreply 338October 31, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote]But you're not, you sound bitter, dismissive and probably cruel.

She's just an old, mean, and evil, Queen!

by Anonymousreply 339October 31, 2018 9:44 PM

Thanks for noticing me R338! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 340October 31, 2018 9:54 PM

"But you're not, you sound bitter, dismissive and probably cruel."

And leather queens are all charming little saints-in-waiting, perfectly mannered and polite, not a drunk or drug addict among them? If you say so, R338. BTW: go fuck yourself, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 341October 31, 2018 10:23 PM

R341, I'm guessing you are also R337. Who here has said that men into leather are "all charming little saints-in-waiting, perfectly mannered and polite, not a drunk or drug addict among them?" Here's an answer: no one.

However the fact that you were described as "bitter, dismissive and probably cruel." and have now told someone else to "go fuck yourself, asshole" - well, it proves the point made by R338.

You really do seem to be toxic, unhappy and prone to lashing out irrationally.

by Anonymousreply 342October 31, 2018 11:37 PM

Mirror, mirror...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 31, 2018 11:43 PM

OMG. I just realized one of my best and oldest friends is into that scene, it just never clicked til now.

I met this hot writer guy in the 90's who became a FB. Eventually he let me know he was into being dominated. He like the nipple clamps and hot candle wax and being whipped. It was new to me and to be honest, it was a chore to do all the work just to prepare for the real sex. And please I was uncomfortable with causing pain to another human being. One time as he was spread-eagled on the bed tied up, no less, I just started laughing at the situation and had to stop.

When we would cruise bars he went out in the leather straps on the chest and a arm band with jeans. I was an interesting experience. Had I met him originally in full regalia I don't believe I would have interested in him at all. He lured me in!

by Anonymousreply 344November 1, 2018 12:26 AM

Wrong again R342 I am the one and only R337...Bwahaha!

by Anonymousreply 345November 1, 2018 12:29 AM

Girls girls, you both look ridiculous in leather.

by Anonymousreply 346November 1, 2018 5:33 AM

Nice R346, made me smile...

by Anonymousreply 347November 1, 2018 9:38 AM

With the rise of HGTV, the gay granite counter scene is all the rage!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 1, 2018 10:54 AM

Maybe it just smells like it's dying, some of those leather queens are seriously into stench you know.

by Anonymousreply 349November 1, 2018 12:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 2, 2018 3:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 2, 2018 3:24 AM

Pleather is all the rage now, OP. Haven't you heard?

by Anonymousreply 352November 2, 2018 4:13 AM

I love R351's pic... wish there were more, want to see the front.

by Anonymousreply 353November 2, 2018 9:54 PM

R353 search Francois Sagat

by Anonymousreply 354November 2, 2018 10:22 PM

one can only hope it's dying. The whole leather/gear/fetish/nipple clamping/all-other-weird-shit is so embarrassing and disgusting. They give gays a bad name and make us look like freaks. I instantly reject any potential dates who are into any of that shit

by Anonymousreply 355November 2, 2018 10:32 PM

Gosh R355, I feel the same way when seeing RuPaul's Drag Race is still on TV or when Queer Eye for the Straight Guy has been re-booted. The incredibly fey, sashaying men prancing around, bitching at each other, being perpetually "fabulous", having some emotional break down. Embarrassing...

by Anonymousreply 356November 3, 2018 8:34 AM

They're both tired and obnoxious forms of drag R356 so I'm surprised you aren't a fan.

by Anonymousreply 357November 3, 2018 8:41 AM

r356 ditto for any guy who's into those stupid ass runway/model shows. that's emasculating. gotta go, you take care now, princess.

by Anonymousreply 358November 5, 2018 2:53 AM

GOD, I hope not. I'm 56 now and almost old enough to enter one of their contests !

I've always desired to be known as MR. PIGFUCKER LEATHER 2018

by Anonymousreply 359November 5, 2018 4:21 AM

Sponsored by Geritol

by Anonymousreply 360November 5, 2018 1:10 PM

GUUUUURL....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 5, 2018 1:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 5, 2018 8:46 PM

F u u u c k yea...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 5, 2018 9:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 5, 2018 9:24 PM

^ those boys WEAR it

by Anonymousreply 365November 5, 2018 9:32 PM

Bovine coverings for the elderly are so passe. Besides, the vegan guys are always made fun of for wearing naugahyde

by Anonymousreply 366November 5, 2018 9:34 PM

Clearly there will be no sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 5, 2018 10:11 PM

Leather always looks good on muscle studs and porn stars . The reality is something different. You go to leather bars and it's fat or skinny oldsters looking just dreadful in the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 368November 5, 2018 10:11 PM

R368 well, either you should stop going or you should wear something else, Madge

by Anonymousreply 369November 5, 2018 10:23 PM

Live and let live!

by Anonymousreply 370November 6, 2018 3:00 AM

Yep, R370

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 6, 2018 3:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 6, 2018 4:08 AM

It's rather ironic for fem gays on here complaining about masc gay guys being "heteronormative". Masc gay guys dig other masc gay guys. That's about as gay as it gets. If you're fem, and constantly looking for some masc gay guy to fuck you, that's heteronormative.

by Anonymousreply 373November 6, 2018 4:36 AM

Effeminate gay guys sulking because hunky masculine gay guys aren't interested in them...

by Anonymousreply 374November 6, 2018 4:37 AM

That's as bad as the straight fraus on here who are constantly questioning why gay guys aren't interested in them. Same thing goes for them hanging out at gay bars and wondering why they're not the center of attention...

by Anonymousreply 375November 6, 2018 4:40 AM

99% of these "masc gay guys" are really not masculine. It's all an illusion. The minute they open their mouths, rainbows and purses fall out. Your definition of masculine is quite distorted r373. Now go back to your fantasies of these "masc" men drinking whiskey and beer and being ex military or law enforcement riding around in their macho little motorbike club. Bunch of sissified redneck wanna be nazis. LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 376November 6, 2018 5:45 AM

I feel there are a lot of things about men that are hot, and a lot of things that are gross. This is like everything gross all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 377November 6, 2018 6:39 AM

[quote]^ those boys WEAR it

Yes, r364 is a great promo still from "Leather Love Boat," the upcoming guest-star-studded (and STUDDED) television programme featuring the perky cruise director Julian and sidekick purser Beaver.

by Anonymousreply 378November 6, 2018 7:28 AM

LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 379November 6, 2018 7:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 6, 2018 2:46 PM

R374 : masculine gay guys are tops. I used to get them a lot in my yourh when i thought i was a bottom; They like twinks. They DO not like other big guys--that's purse out if the mouth territory

by Anonymousreply 381November 6, 2018 4:22 PM

Also the leather thing is gross unless you're buff and well hung

by Anonymousreply 382November 6, 2018 4:23 PM

I guess

by Anonymousreply 383November 6, 2018 4:23 PM

yikes...taken to the extreme!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384November 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386November 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Man that article at The Stranger is disturbing. I tried reading the entire piece but found myself scrolling down because the details about the lives those men led was so freakish. I just can't relate to adults with such extreme body issues that they would do things such as silicone injections in their cock and balls...

I love this thread about men in leather, but those guys in the BDSM polyamorous "relationship" is just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 388November 7, 2018 12:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 7, 2018 3:03 PM

R389 suck it in Mary! The fem hands and eye job give you away. LOL

by Anonymousreply 390November 7, 2018 3:11 PM

Vinny Vega

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 7, 2018 7:56 PM

R373, R374 and R375: the biggest fags to have ever fagged.

Why are the biggest flamers always the most oblivious and clueless?

by Anonymousreply 392November 7, 2018 8:23 PM

The guy at r391 is wearing makeup. This is an example of a masculine guy? LOL, you can't make this shit up.

R 392, I believe they're suffering from some sort of body dysmorphia. Kind of like anorexics who look in the mirror and see fat even though they weigh 78 pounds. Or like the steroid case who still thinks he looks skinny and weak even though he looks like he could be popped like a balloon. Or a male or female who thinks they are the opposite sex. Or Mark Sam thinking he's handsome and talented. Mental illness comes in various forms. So sad.

P. S. Did I mention r391 is wearing makeup?!?! Lol

by Anonymousreply 393November 8, 2018 6:06 AM

I think r389 is wearing makeup, if not he's had an eye job.

by Anonymousreply 394November 8, 2018 6:09 AM

I had dinner with a good friend who brought along a friend of his I'd never met. Very nice guy. Apparently, he's into puppies? Literally guys that act like dogs. They wear tails. Bark at the mailman. Have whole conventions. This guy was the master. He just said the utter submissiveness turned him on.

Eh, whatever puts the puppy chow in the bowl.

by Anonymousreply 395November 8, 2018 6:19 AM

yeah, 'puppy play' is a thing now. whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 396November 8, 2018 10:28 AM

R394 I don't think he's wearing makeup but the photo has been retouched.

by Anonymousreply 397November 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Miss Priss is wearing foundation AND blush!

by Anonymousreply 398November 9, 2018 4:43 AM

It's for cheesy and insecure men.

by Anonymousreply 399November 9, 2018 4:48 AM

Leather is tired but that puppy bullshit is just fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 400November 9, 2018 7:01 AM

"fucking creepy" is putting it mildly R400, God, how many mental issues must a man have to be treated so cruelly and don't even try to calculate the issues that master has to be so intentionally cruel and domineering. I should have showered after reading that article from The Stranger.

by Anonymousreply 401November 9, 2018 12:32 PM

Full regalia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 14, 2018 1:10 AM

Big week long event in Ft. Lauderdale in two weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 14, 2018 4:11 PM

Most of the time leather guys end up being voracious popper huffing bottoms only with no concept of limits or boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 404November 15, 2018 6:19 PM

Wait, are you millennials and Gen X'ers who run around in dresses and make up calling yourselves "Queer" still trying to lecture us on masculinity?

by Anonymousreply 405November 16, 2018 9:42 PM

NEVER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 21, 2018 8:43 PM

Hell hath no fury like an aged self appointed "Master" who realizes his "superiority" and "natural dominance" are a joke. LA is full of these old leather queens, sitting in their one bedroom apartments, raging about the "scene" and the asshole "puppies" who have ruined everything. Sad. You'v never met such a humorless group of grouchy old men in your life. I guess thats what happens when you try to elevate fisting to some sort of spiritual art form??

by Anonymousreply 407November 21, 2018 9:34 PM

I love when they do that r407,some will also try to explain that scat or fisting is a radical, macho sex act. No, it's depravity usually stemming from improper toilet training when they were younger.

P.S. R406 photo made me throw up a little.

by Anonymousreply 408November 22, 2018 5:40 AM

R407 My goodness, why do they continue to invite you to these parties, knowing how much you detest them. And, why do you continue to go?

by Anonymousreply 409November 22, 2018 5:14 PM

Hello....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410November 23, 2018 4:08 AM

Id fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 411November 23, 2018 9:19 AM

When that silly Richard Quest, the British CNN newscaster with the obvious fake butch speech pattern got arrested in Central Park in the early morning hours when the park was closed, dressed in leather S&M gear, with a rope around his neck tied to his cock, a sex toy in his boot, and a baggie of meth on him, I knew the leather scene was a farce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412November 23, 2018 9:49 AM

Those shiny pointy toed boots the guy in R406 is wearing look more like boots some female stripper would wear in her act. Not even remotely masculine.

by Anonymousreply 413November 23, 2018 9:51 AM

clearly, this was written by a "gay guy"...

by Anonymousreply 414November 23, 2018 9:54 AM

Wrong r413, he's ALL MAN!!! Anyone who wears any piece of leather is a beer drinking, whiskey swilling, ex law enforcement/military man. Probably has dozens of equally masculine friends who he hangs out with at their motorcycle club. When they rumble into town, heads turn and sphincters tighten.

by Anonymousreply 415November 23, 2018 10:34 PM

Those shiny pointy toed boots

PFCs

by Anonymousreply 416November 23, 2018 10:42 PM

Pig Week starts today in Wilton Manors. So no, it’s alive.

by Anonymousreply 417November 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Who would have thought this thread would get over 400 posts in less than 50 days?

More surprisingly who would have thought this thread would turn into a cat fight?

by Anonymousreply 418November 23, 2018 11:14 PM

I wonder how long it will take for someone to "accidentally" shart while getting fucked and set off the eventual full on scat-fest at Pig Week?

by Anonymousreply 419November 23, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote]It's such a drag as well, because the right man in a harness, etc if incredibly hot.

And every inch as much a drag queen as last years RPDR winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420November 23, 2018 11:50 PM

Initiation...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421November 27, 2018 2:20 PM

Oh.... it's alive and well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422December 1, 2018 11:54 PM

Fingers crossed Op...fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 423December 2, 2018 12:02 AM

Dying? It has been dead for decades. Most men into leather, kink, or BDSM find the contests and events silly, and it's just used as an excuse to have lots of drug fueled bareback sex.

by Anonymousreply 424December 2, 2018 9:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425December 3, 2018 1:21 AM

The leather “scene” yes is dying and I think for the better, the smell alone in those places made me want to barf. Now occasional leather and toy kink with your daddy, that’s different.

by Anonymousreply 426December 3, 2018 2:11 AM

Its still a thing. Deal with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427December 4, 2018 6:48 PM

It might still be a thing but it's still hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 428December 4, 2018 7:06 PM

Years ago, one of my favorite FB's was a cute, calm, quiet guy. He was "married" to another guy (It was no where near legal yet) yet we hooked up a few times. I would have totally fallen hard for him had he been single. (In fact, I met another guy and I had to make a choice whether to put my energies into the new one or continue to pine after the old one--glad I did because the new one and I have been together now for 15 years).

Anyhow, back to the leather story--a few years later I walked passed a newsstand and saw a gay magazine with my old FB on the cover. Apparently he met a guy who was in the leather scene, left his husband, and became Mr Leather NYC! I drooled over his online pictures.

by Anonymousreply 429December 4, 2018 7:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430December 7, 2018 1:59 PM

R429 can you please post some pics of your ex?

by Anonymousreply 431December 7, 2018 3:26 PM

Sexy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 18, 2018 2:58 PM

[quote] It's rather ironic for fem gays on here complaining about masc gay guys being "heteronormative". Masc gay guys dig other masc gay guys.

No, they don't. Masc guys hook up with, and date, submissive femme guys to reaffirm their so called superior masc status. "Masc guys" dating "masc guys" only ends in tears because it's a constant struggle of who is the top and who's the bottom. And when the couple decides that they need to open their relationship up to allow bottoms to be included it will end with one of the "masc guys" falling for the bottom and leaving the other "masc guy", because too much drama!

by Anonymousreply 433December 18, 2018 3:34 PM

R433 as someone who is masculine and a top, that has not happened to me. I only date and have partnered with masculine men. I dated a fem guy before and it did not work out. He sucked my cock and licked my hairy butt well, but the fact he was femme was a turn off, and also he would lie about the stupidest stuff like where he attended college as though it is not easy to look this up online, and wanted me to work with him and was too clingy when we were just casually dating. I am mainly into oral sex so maybe that's why this has been my experience?

by Anonymousreply 434December 18, 2018 4:31 PM

Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 19, 2018 12:19 PM

Cutie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436December 19, 2018 12:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 19, 2018 12:22 PM

It looks hot. I mean, it really looks hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 19, 2018 11:52 PM

I hope so, leather guys are some of the most tedious mean girls in the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 439December 20, 2018 6:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 20, 2018 11:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441December 20, 2018 11:39 PM

^Why would you despoil a work of art like that with that fucking ugly walking-museum fetish drag. I can hear the (desperatrly tryong to conceal) lisp from here

by Anonymousreply 442December 21, 2018 7:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 29, 2018 1:38 PM

t'aint nothin' wrong with the look on the man in R441's post. He fills out those pants nicely and has hot body.

by Anonymousreply 444December 29, 2018 1:53 PM

I'll just let this set here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445January 2, 2019 2:00 PM

They wouldn't make it if it didn't sell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446January 3, 2019 11:53 AM

troo dat

by Anonymousreply 447January 3, 2019 12:00 PM

In the cities I visit, leather is a pretty strong scene. Except for Palm Springs which may be the Mary!est of all of Mary! leather scenes I've ever seen. That's the first time I've felt like yanking every last bit of leather out of a bar and replacing it with chenille and taffeta. Every negative trope here of leather was played out, right down to the screaming Mary! whining she felt she was going to be raped! yes raped! when she got up to go go dance.

by Anonymousreply 448January 3, 2019 5:42 PM

R438, where is that picture from? I"m pretty sure I hooked up with the guy in the far right years ago.

by Anonymousreply 449January 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Yeah, nothing turns a gay man on more than a woman in a leather magenta vest and skirt and a frizzy perm.

by Anonymousreply 450January 3, 2019 6:06 PM

Nothing is hotter to me than watching a daddy in leather fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 451January 3, 2019 7:44 PM

HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 9, 2019 7:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 10, 2019 6:26 PM

This guy would be hot with or without leather, but something about the leather kicks it up a level or two for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 10, 2019 6:37 PM

R448 that reminds me of the leather bar Daddies in SF. The regulars there who would dress in leather looked very masculine, and when they would open their mouths it was all MARY!!1 with flowers of velour popping out.

by Anonymousreply 455January 12, 2019 9:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 15, 2019 2:10 PM

After listening to the podcast The Competition about the Mr. LA Leather competition, the whole leather scene comes across as unnecessarily complicated and childish.

There are names for everything--and how you wear the leather supposedly give messages like if you're a top, bottom, partnered but open, belong to a master, blah blah blah. Plus, everything seems to only be about crazy sex--what kind of sex do you have, where, how many men, what fetishes, blah blah blah.

If this is the center of anyone's life, get a life.

by Anonymousreply 457January 15, 2019 3:05 PM

SHOP #CHARLIEFAN

@charliebymz on instagram

$275

THONG HARNESS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458January 15, 2019 7:49 PM

R457 If you listen to anything from an insiders perspective, it's complicated and ridiculous. Ever listen to a bowling tournament? Please, put me out of my misery. How about a dog show? Now that's some childish crap.

Leather, like anything can be a bit of an obsession for some. It's "mostly harmless". For the men into it, it's a fetish. I can't explain what the hell I saw in Palm Springs. I think that's closer to what a lot of people here complain about the scene: it looks like a smelly costume party. I don't know who those people are, but they're not the men I know. That's cool, too.

The same can be said for anyone who goes to excess in their area of interest - including drama queens, dog show fanatics, bowlers, golfers. Whatever. If you obsess about anything to the extent it's the sum of your identity - hey. You're probably a little creepy.

by Anonymousreply 459January 16, 2019 7:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 21, 2019 7:10 AM

A lot of money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 21, 2019 7:12 AM

I like it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 21, 2019 7:17 AM

You never know....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463January 21, 2019 7:29 AM

OMG the boots at r461 are awesome!

by Anonymousreply 464January 21, 2019 6:13 PM

Leather is Prada for ex-twinks.

by Anonymousreply 465January 21, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]Leather is Prada for ex-twinks.

It works!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 23, 2019 12:41 PM

R463, man that has always been a fantasy of mine. A well-dressed man, you cruise him (or meet him over drinks) head off to have fun and when he loses the shirt, voila! he's in a harness... so hot (as a fantasy). If you can pass along where you found that pic and others, please share.

by Anonymousreply 467January 23, 2019 12:48 PM

I'm convinced the writers of Grace and Frankie read here. They just did an episode that touched on the gay leather scene dying.

by Anonymousreply 468January 25, 2019 12:57 AM

MMPH! Well, she looks fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 29, 2019 8:40 PM

Damn R469, thanks! That man can carry off the look when wearing leather.

by Anonymousreply 470January 30, 2019 12:06 PM

I'm kind of impressed and exhausted by all the effort that has to go in to it...

by Anonymousreply 471January 30, 2019 2:15 PM

What is funny is when you see a guy look that hot, then he opens in mouth and sounds like Truman Capote.

by Anonymousreply 472January 30, 2019 2:23 PM

So, pretty much everyone her hates any form of femininity? A man in leather speaks and people lose it. weird.

by Anonymousreply 473January 31, 2019 7:08 PM

God R472, your ilk are exhausting... this thread would probably have 50 fewer posts if the "purse falls out, sounds like bid ole Mary!, Truman Capote" posts were deleted.

by Anonymousreply 474January 31, 2019 8:12 PM

R472 A few months ago, I would have gotten really angry over that comment. I’ve been in leather since the early 80s. I hadn’t seen what you describe - until I did. Men who have a negative perception of leather do make a solid point. There are parts of the country where leather bars are a cartoon.

It’s humilitaing to go into what is supposed to be a positive, masculine and strong environment that turns out to be an antiques road show with a buffet and broadway musical sing along. Being masculine shouldn’t mean toxic, but it shouldn’t mean gay comedy sidekick from every ‘80s movie, either.

by Anonymousreply 475January 31, 2019 8:22 PM

Probably R468, but that show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 476February 3, 2019 1:40 AM

Hmm... he looks fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 5, 2019 11:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 6, 2019 7:49 PM

My experience is that guys who need to show off into horse harness and hard dicks on parades are the ones that were once sexually repressed. I grew up in a very liberal household, with parents who made sure my brothers and I had any sexual hang ups. I've never felt the need to liberate myself because I was never repressed. It doesn't bother me to see naked guys with harnesses but I find it as childish and silly as drag queens. Both seem repressed people trying to find themselves. I'm a regular masculine guy, I don't need gear to show it off. Maybe the newer generations are killing these subcultures because they also don't need to do it.

by Anonymousreply 479February 6, 2019 8:58 PM

Disagree R479. There's something about the feel of tight leather on your skin that's just hot.

by Anonymousreply 480February 6, 2019 9:08 PM

[quote]Maybe the newer generations are killing these subcultures because they also don't need to do it.

They feel that they're accepted by everyone. "Why, everybody thinks of us as normal people who deserve equal rights! LOOK! We can even marry now!!!"

These naive idiots have no idea about all of the pain and struggle that it has taken to get us here, or how easily we can lose all of this.

by Anonymousreply 481February 6, 2019 9:08 PM

Well so what that it was full os struggle? Why would wearing tights or leather make any difference? if anything it's great these subcultures are dying, because unlike the homophobes upthread, being normal and regular is what full integration means. We're sorry we're normal dudes and don't need to dress like women or like hyper masculine minstrels to appeal to people.

by Anonymousreply 482February 6, 2019 9:11 PM

"These naive idiots have no idea about all of the pain and struggle that it has taken to get us here,"

So parading around in a leather jock strap is the balm that dulls your pain? Kool for you.

by Anonymousreply 483February 6, 2019 9:14 PM

[quote]So parading around in a leather jock strap is the balm that dulls your pain? Kool for you.

Go back to the sandbox to play children.

by Anonymousreply 484February 6, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] if anything it's great these subcultures are dying, because unlike the homophobes upthread, being normal and regular is what full integration means.

I disagree. I think full assimilation and integration would be boring, and I hope subcultures (including gay leather) will always exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485February 6, 2019 9:37 PM

Sure, how boring a world where we can concentrate on something other than acting up like horny teenagers who need to expose themselves to feel loved.

by Anonymousreply 486February 6, 2019 9:46 PM

R486 yes, but if everyone becomes clone Instagram Incest Survivor Holiday Card Creators, where oh where would you get your moral superiority fix?

by Anonymousreply 487February 6, 2019 10:21 PM

I don't think I'm superior to people who dress like that and feel the need to expose themselves like teenagers. I only know I'm more mature and not sexually repressed. You do what you wanna do, we'll be laughing at you regardless.

by Anonymousreply 488February 6, 2019 11:41 PM

you sound like a smug cunt, R488

by Anonymousreply 489February 7, 2019 9:58 AM

Oh, come on R488! How is this that much different from those guys who get caught up in a fit of passion and excitement and start screaming; "Fuck my pussy"; "I want your babies"; "Make me pregnant"; etc...? It's all fantasy and it's what's gets them off. What's the problem? Stop being such a tight ass. If leather is not for you then it's not for you. You're always welcome to leave this thread. But, instead you're here.... That might make some go "hmm..."

Wearing leather makes a lot of people feel sexy and whatever else. What makes you feel sexy, R488? A pair of pressed dockers and a polo shirt? Well... if that works for you then that works for you.

by Anonymousreply 490February 9, 2019 11:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491February 17, 2019 3:51 AM

Call me Mary...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492February 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Yea, R492's pic is proving a point... the mix of butch and fey does not work. And pink's NOT his color!

by Anonymousreply 493February 21, 2019 7:11 PM

This isn't a good sign. The DC Eagle was one of the premier leather bars in the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 21, 2019 8:58 PM

R491's guy ... fap fap fap

by Anonymousreply 495February 21, 2019 9:07 PM

I dont judge this scene if you're into it. Have fun, who cares.

But the scene is dying because masculinity has become muted in our culture. Masculinity is now toxic.

by Anonymousreply 496February 21, 2019 9:32 PM

R479, or they just have a fetish for leather, or uniforms? It is actually pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 497February 24, 2019 7:58 AM

[quote]But the scene is dying because masculinity has become muted in our culture. Masculinity is now toxic.

No. Masculinity itself is NOT toxic, but over-proclaiming it IS - to the point of it becoming just foolish, and ironically, UNMASCULINE. This has been going on for decades. Unfortunately, some men are too dense to sense the distinction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498February 24, 2019 8:33 AM

Most leather guys I've interacted with are into extreme and unsafe stuff so leather has come to have a very negative connotation for me.

by Anonymousreply 499February 24, 2019 8:46 AM

R494 no it is not. A lot of LBG bars and clubs have closed over the last decade because people would rather use apps than actually go out and meet people in person.

by Anonymousreply 500February 24, 2019 9:24 AM

The minute I see someone like r477, my "fem-dar" goes off. The cap pulled down like that is key to hiding their eye work they had done for their pretty corporate job at Macy's or nordstroms.

by Anonymousreply 501February 24, 2019 10:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502February 24, 2019 3:56 PM

Hmm... it looks uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503February 27, 2019 12:05 PM

Instruction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 27, 2019 2:41 PM

We can only hope...it already looks and smells dead.

by Anonymousreply 505February 27, 2019 4:44 PM

No surprise about the DC Eagle. It's a horrible location. No parking, 1/2 mile to the nearest metro station. Incredibly hostile neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 506February 28, 2019 7:38 PM

I get it, I'm really turned on by masculinity. Doesn't have to be a guy done up in leather necessarily, but sometimes a guy gets the look right and it's almost breathtaking how masculine and hot the look can be. But there are other masculine looks out there (construction worker, cop, native American) when, if done right, can be a masculine marvel.

by Anonymousreply 507February 28, 2019 7:52 PM

Speaking of masculine marvels...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 28, 2019 8:25 PM

^ hoo dat?

by Anonymousreply 509February 28, 2019 9:18 PM

Is the gay leather scene dying? I don't know, is the Millennial drag queen scene dying? Two different sides of the same coin, I prefer the masculine one since im into dudes its the natural choice. Gay men into dressing up like woman have deep issues with sexuality, personal identity, and body dismorphia.

by Anonymousreply 510March 1, 2019 10:38 AM

Oh, I hope not....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Hey guys, please check out my new site for traveling Leathermen. I’ve got info for most major US cities, with more to come. I’ll soon be adding Canadian cities and eventually European and other international cities. If you like it, please tell your friends and also sign up for free updates on when new places are added. Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 4, 2019 2:50 AM

Yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513March 7, 2019 12:37 PM

Hmmm...No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 514March 7, 2019 12:40 PM

r510, what are the issues involved in dressing up inthe human equivalent of a dog harness?

by Anonymousreply 515March 7, 2019 12:42 PM

Leather can be very hot, but some guys overdo it and it becomes pathetic, almost drag. Some guys also cannot pull it off with their cottage cheese white ass and skinny arms and pot belly.

by Anonymousreply 516March 7, 2019 12:52 PM

It may just be another form of drag, but some men look incredibly hot in leather. Some not so much. I think you have to have a pretty masculine appearance to carry it off. I've seen a few especially skinny nerds trying to work the look and they look ridiculous. I especially find men who are fit and have very handsome straitlaced corporate looks to be the hottest when they leather up. The old fat hairy bear leather guys, well bless their hearts.

by Anonymousreply 517March 7, 2019 1:00 PM

Leather smells. Literally. Rubber probably smells worse.

by Anonymousreply 518March 7, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote] I especially find men who are fit and have very handsome straitlaced corporate looks to be the hottest when they leather up.

YUP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 7, 2019 1:02 PM

I see that famous architect Peter Marino is still working the leather look, pretty much full time apparently. Here he is with his wife Jane Trapnell. Does he make you want to hire him to design a house for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 7, 2019 1:07 PM

Laughable @ r520 and R519. Just as silly looking as it is possible for humans to look.

by Anonymousreply 521March 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Looks claustrophobic .

by Anonymousreply 522March 7, 2019 1:20 PM

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 11, 2019 2:41 AM

"Losing these spaces is a tragedy"

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 524March 11, 2019 2:47 AM

If you have to ask, you're not invited.

by Anonymousreply 525March 11, 2019 2:50 AM

R513, my God, perfection

by Anonymousreply 526March 11, 2019 2:57 AM

He looks fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 12, 2019 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 12, 2019 7:35 PM

It's still alive. It just has mo' flava now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 12, 2019 7:50 PM

Only a handful of leathermen look like the musclebound studs up thread, most are very average and very...messy.

by Anonymousreply 530March 13, 2019 5:59 AM

Welcome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Buenos días... caballeros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 13, 2019 3:26 PM

Me me me! What about me?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533March 13, 2019 3:39 PM

There’s nothing sexy about leather. Unless it’s in a really nice BMW or Lexus.

by Anonymousreply 534March 13, 2019 3:46 PM

The cows wore it better.

by Anonymousreply 535March 16, 2019 6:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 16, 2019 9:57 PM

The scene is a bit retro now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 16, 2019 9:58 PM

Pretty much any gay circuit party, even not leather themed, includes packs of guys afraid to be shirtless without a useless harness. They're like false eyelashes for your tits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 16, 2019 10:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539March 25, 2019 11:22 AM

But its not masculinity.....its PLAY ACTING masculinity. Huge difference. Its so constructed that its laughable. My issue is that, and the huge drug problems in this community. Somewhat required, I supposed, to take a double fisting? Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 540March 25, 2019 12:49 PM

Love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 25, 2019 8:26 PM

Excellent addition R541 - thanks!

by Anonymousreply 542March 25, 2019 8:56 PM

LOL Maybe 1 in 10 leatherettes looks anything like the guy in R541.

by Anonymousreply 543March 25, 2019 9:52 PM

More like one in 10,000.

by Anonymousreply 544March 26, 2019 12:52 AM

Terry Miller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545March 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Interesting look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Stop trying to make Terry happen Terry!

by Anonymousreply 547March 26, 2019 3:20 PM

When it works, it works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548March 26, 2019 3:28 PM

#brutparty

BRÜT NYC — BRÜT - NYC Mens Gear party - BRUT Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 29, 2019 3:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550March 29, 2019 3:26 PM

I bet there were many toxic loads swapped by those leather queens at that party.

by Anonymousreply 551March 29, 2019 4:05 PM

Far left in R549's pic is something! I want to see him naked...

by Anonymousreply 552March 29, 2019 7:57 PM

I think not!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 4, 2019 6:28 PM

Someone should tell the guy at R553 that smoking kills among with some of the other things he's probably into.

by Anonymousreply 554April 4, 2019 7:03 PM

R553 Thanks, Concern Troll! Nobody’s every heard that before!

by Anonymousreply 555April 5, 2019 1:18 AM

Paddle! Paddle!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556April 10, 2019 11:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Let's speculate about the day jobs some of these men have... what does R556 (who's fuckin hot!) do 9 to 5? Is he a pediatric nurse? A contractor? Maybe he's an elementary teacher?

by Anonymousreply 558April 16, 2019 9:14 PM

Is it dead yet? That would explain the smell.

by Anonymousreply 559April 17, 2019 10:06 AM

BAD! BAD!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560April 17, 2019 12:37 PM

Actually, R558, from my experience in the leather scene, I would guess either IT or accounting. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 561April 17, 2019 12:49 PM

R561 Don't forget hairdresser/makeup artist.

by Anonymousreply 562April 17, 2019 1:25 PM

Doubt it, R562. While you are comfortable with the stereotype of the effeminate gay man, I would counter that the majority of leather men are usually white collar average guys who use the fetish a means of expression.

by Anonymousreply 563April 17, 2019 4:20 PM

Wrong r563, most leather guys are more on the effeminate side. The problem is that there's nothing wrong with it. The problem is trying to cover/hide ones effeminacy by putting on a facade of hyper masculinity by wearing leather. That gear is soap very expensive, so that doesn't make the wearer exactly "average". The guy could be anything from a boring office manager type to a boring banker or realtor. Also, the way he trims his beard is very effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 564April 18, 2019 2:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565April 18, 2019 9:59 PM

I so hope not!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 30, 2019 11:22 AM

^ the voice of reason

by Anonymousreply 567April 30, 2019 11:24 AM

Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 6, 2019 4:21 PM

Damn R268, at what splooge covered event was that pic taken? Personally, I think the man on the left, on his knees holding the riding crop is the bukkake bottom.

If not him, than the guy on his knees in the lower far right.

by Anonymousreply 569May 6, 2019 9:41 PM

luv the drag kween

by Anonymousreply 570May 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Please let this be true.

Few things are a bigger turn off .

And those guys are inevitably into painful odd kink (sounding) to the point where it becomes their main hobby.

I suspect many guys who would have once been leathermen are now bears.

#Marketing

by Anonymousreply 571May 6, 2019 10:03 PM

Now that the Black Party is done there’s no reason for it to continue.

by Anonymousreply 572May 6, 2019 10:35 PM

We can only hope Op.

by Anonymousreply 573May 7, 2019 11:40 AM

"If They Lived"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574May 7, 2019 2:17 PM

I find that those who think of leather as a lifestyle are on the older side.

Younger gays will wear leather to a specific party but don't tend to get into all the details.

by Anonymousreply 575May 7, 2019 3:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 9, 2019 10:47 AM

A different view

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577May 14, 2019 12:46 PM

Leather smells.

by Anonymousreply 578May 14, 2019 12:50 PM

Is that a tire iron in r576's hand, or just a truncheon?

by Anonymousreply 579May 14, 2019 12:50 PM

The cows wore it better.

by Anonymousreply 580May 14, 2019 1:08 PM

I prefer earrings

by Anonymousreply 581May 14, 2019 1:25 PM

I prefer caftans!

by Anonymousreply 582May 14, 2019 1:25 PM

The "leather" scene is all vinyl bought from Wish, and the scene isn't dying, they just smell that way.

by Anonymousreply 583May 14, 2019 2:37 PM

Hmm... love these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584May 14, 2019 2:53 PM

Hmm... interesting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585May 14, 2019 6:25 PM

They look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 586May 14, 2019 6:38 PM

As long as gay men have fists, it lives!

by Anonymousreply 587May 14, 2019 7:04 PM

I want one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 21, 2019 1:04 AM

This is what most leather guys actually look like...Enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589May 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Too many accessories.

by Anonymousreply 590May 21, 2019 12:01 PM

It's still around. It's still hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Flat asses are not appealing unless you're on meth I guess.

by Anonymousreply 592May 22, 2019 5:53 AM

NEVAH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 23, 2019 9:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 23, 2019 10:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595May 23, 2019 10:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Hey look at me, I can sit on a fire hydrant. I'm soooo macho and tough. Now I'm off to bed so I can get plenty of rest and do my job as an office manager tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 597May 24, 2019 4:25 AM

The guy pictured in R595 and R596 used to appear in "regular" porn once in a while but now he just does scenes that involve him taking entire arms up his ass...gross.

by Anonymousreply 598May 24, 2019 9:19 AM

Well, I find this quite civilized....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599May 25, 2019 2:09 AM

That's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2019 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!