Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill and Hillary Clinton launch U.S. tour - "One of a kind conversation"

Bill and Hillary Clinton are taking their show on the road.

The famous political couple, who individually charge well into six figures for an address, is launching a 13-city joint public speaking tour of the U.S. and Canada titled “An Evening with the Clintons” that kicks off Nov. 18 in Las Vegas.

Tickets to see the former president and former secretary of state live on stage aren’t cheap. At the 5,200-seat Park Theater in Las Vegas, the same venue where Lady Gaga will soon have a residency, seats cost between $72.48 and $228.44. And at the Opera House in Boston, tickets go for between $120.50 and $745.50, and that doesn’t include fees to promoter Live Nation.

So what can audience members expect from the show?

“Experience a one-of-a-kind conversation with two individuals who have helped shape our world and had a front seat to some of the most important moments in modern history,” the public relations copy for the tour reads. “From the American presidency to the halls of the Senate and State Department to one of the United States’ most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections, they provide a unique perspective on the past, and remarkable insight into where we go from here.”

The tour will wrap up at the 17,505-seat Forum in Inglewood, Calif., an arena that usually hosts music stars. In the coming days, Drake, Phil Collins and the band twenty one pilots will take the stage there. Also on the schedule, however, is former First Lady Michelle Obama, who will appear in mid-November.

The Clintons aren’t novices on the paid lecture circuit. From 2001 to 2015, they raked in more than $153 million in speaking fees for 729 events. As yet, there is no word on how much the former first couple might make for the Live Nation tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 4, 2018 6:14 AM

How about some cheaper tickets? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2018 12:59 AM

Another Opening, Another Show

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2018 1:01 AM

She's going to run again, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2018 1:01 AM

Oh dead god. They need to sit down and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2018 1:05 AM

I think this tour says the opposite, R3.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2018 1:07 AM

[quote]How about some cheaper tickets? Sheesh.

This is a money making venture for them, not a charity event.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2018 1:08 AM

I am glad they won't let themselves be bullied by anybody, right wing nuts and BernorBusters.

They show up and keep on doing what's the right thing to do!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2018 1:08 AM

"We don't have enough money already. Please give us more!"

WTF

Though I hear that what's left of Nirvana and Joan Jett are going to be opening for them.

There will also be a prize for the best "Rachel" haircut in the audience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2018 1:08 AM

They're waiting until after the mid-term elections, because it's going to kick start her 2020 campaign.

I really have a feeling that she hasn't given up her dream of being President.

She probably feels like she can beat him (again), especially given what Rump has done to the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2018 1:10 AM

Congress started giving former presidents a pension after Harry Truman was so broke that he was forced to do used car commercials or something similar. It was felt using his former position to make $$$ was tacky and damaging to the office. Now they all make millions cashing in on the office after they leave.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2018 1:11 AM

[quote] They're waiting until after the mid-term elections, because it's going to kick start her 2020 campaign.

Wrong. No way she'd go on a tour of any sorts if she wanted to run again. I think this is the Clintons saying, fuck you, we'll tell you exactly what we think.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2018 1:13 AM

I know I would enjoy listening to them...I think they will do OK.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2018 1:13 AM

Anyone who thinks Clinton is running again is not a person that can be reasoned with r11.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2018 1:14 AM

These two are a bottomless pit when it comes to money. For them it's never enough. They really need to shut the fuck up and go away. And I'm a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2018 1:16 AM

They don't think she's running, R13. They're afraid that she may run, but she won't.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2018 1:16 AM

[quote]Now they all make millions cashing in on the office after they leave.

It is hard to fault them. People want to hear them speak, people want to read their thoughts. That is why these officials get offered so much many for these speaking gigs and book deals. And who is going to turn away money for their thoughts. Especially politicians, who are by nature people who enjoy the attention and love to give their opinions.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2018 1:16 AM

Love them. Both national treasures.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2018 1:18 AM

I'd rather go to see Michelle Obama on her book tour.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2018 1:20 AM

[quote]These two are a bottomless pit when it comes to money. For them it's never enough. They really need to shut the fuck up and go away. And I'm a Democrat.

No R14, you are not a democrat, you are an idiot. They would be way more rich now if they hadn't been president, First Lady, senator or SOS.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2018 1:24 AM

They're deplorable. You can see why they were friends with Trump for 30 years.

And R18, agreed! I'd pay to see her speak. The Clintons? BLECH.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2018 1:24 AM

Hillary isn't running again. Her and Bill have passed the baton to Chelsea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2018 1:25 AM

"Love them. Both national treasures."

"National treasures?" You're a troll or crazy.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2018 1:25 AM

The Democrats have no strong message or messenger. The Clintons are going to fill that vacuum -which I don't think is a good thing. We need to get our younger candidates some room to rise.

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2018 1:26 AM

Now what would have sprung those two to massive riches if not for their political careers? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2018 1:26 AM

The tickets for Michelle's tour are just as expensive, maybe even moreso. I thought about going to see her in DC, the cheapest seats were like 120.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2018 1:26 AM

Why can’t they just go the fuck away?

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote] They're afraid that she may run

Which "they" are you referring to, R15-- the GOP? the other Democrats? Both?

[quote] They would be way more rich now if they hadn't been president, First Lady, senator or SOS.

Doing what, exactly, R19? Selling their Silicon Valley startup? Managing hedge funds?

Had they not gone into politics, they'd both likely be senior partners at prestigious law firms with about 1/10 of the total wealth they have now. (Though 1/10 of what they have now is still a whole lot of money)

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2018 1:30 AM

I hope Hillary sings "Wedding Bell Blues."

by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2018 1:30 AM

Bill Clinton was a great President and Hillary has been excellent in the political arena as well. I like both of them and wish them well.

Going out on tour and making money is The American Way.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2018 1:31 AM

Let me correct my post at R27

They'd likely be RETIRED or semi-retired senior partners by now, since politics seems to be the only field where people routinely work full time into their 80s.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2018 1:31 AM

[quote] experience a one-of-a-kind conversation ...

Why are they doing this? Do they need the attention? Do they need the money? They have less class than any political person beside Donald Trump. Just so many reasons this is wrong - but this is what politics has become in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2018 1:34 AM

R10 Harry Truman, one of America's greatest, down-to-earth Presidents, was also not given Secret Service men to look after him . After his Presidency was up he and his wife left Washington and drove their own car home to another state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2018 1:38 AM

Things were very different until very recently R32

In Lincoln's day, anyone who wanted to could walk into the White House and request to see the President, even if he was in his private quarters.

People used to come in an cut off pieces of the curtains as souvenirs.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2018 1:43 AM

Hillary is destined to run in 2020 and beat the Orange Tortellini.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2018 1:45 AM

Not sure what the point is - in all fairness, they have more money than they could ever spend at this point. But, whatever.

I’m just glad they had the sense to wait until after the mid-terms to go on tour, and I’m hoping no sound bites come out from the frank conversations that could be used against/tied to Democrats in 2018 and 2020 - fingers crossed!

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2018 1:48 AM

"The tour will start in Las Vegas, Nevada, with an event at the Park Theater. The couple will then travel to Toronto, Montreal and Texas before the end of 2018. The tour will start back up in April of 2019 with events in New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, the District of Colombia, British Columbia, Washington and California."

So three of the 12 stops are in Canada. Should Justin Trudeau be worried?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2018 1:49 AM

Neither The Clintons nor the Obamas were wealthy pre White House. They were just upper middle class families. They had humble beginnings, didn't come from family wealth.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2018 1:51 AM

[quote] Hillary isn't running again. Her and Bill have passed the baton to Chelsea.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2018 1:51 AM

The baton appears to have struck her face.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2018 1:53 AM

Don't believe the lying New York Times and the fake media.

My father only gave me a roll of quarters as a start.

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote] I really have a feeling that she hasn't given up her dream of being President.

Why the hell should the most qualified candidate in history just give up? The only reason she lost is that the Russians changed her votes.

Even Trump admits: "She doesn't quit, she doesn't give up"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2018 1:56 AM

They need money and attention, because they have the personality types that continually crave it. But I wouldn't pay two cents to have a "one of a kind conversation" with them.

I don't see Chelsea Clinton as ever getting elected to anything. She is SO unappealing, both in appearance and personality. And she's as money grubbing as deal old Mom and Dad.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2018 2:03 AM

I wonder if they'll sing?

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2018 2:28 AM

If this is to set up Hillary 2020, they have a giant uphill climb for me to agree with that. If this is to set up Chelsea for the 2020s, I disagree with that and think that ultimately she has a situation of even more negative charisma than Hillary. If this is to do some part in getting a Democratic win for 2020, then I just hope they have no blunder or push too hard to ensure just their person gets in the primaries. And if this is just for money, then no surprise.

I do think USA should move past the Clintons (though I'm Canadian), but I can say I'm a minimum open to them taking a subdued supportive approach.

This is likely just for money.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2018 2:35 AM

Hillary had a hard time filling rooms for free. Why would they pay now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2018 2:35 AM

R44 Why are you so pressed about the clinton's going on a speaking tour in their own country? Especially since you're canadian? WHY?

They're no longer running for political office and their also not beholden to official ethics of holding office any longer. So why does it bother you so much.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote] They're no longer running for political office and their also not beholden to official ethics of holding office any longer.

LOL... you obviously have no idea how that sounds or you wouldn't have made that observation in this context.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2018 2:56 AM

Unless they’re reviving Sonmy & Cher’s act I don’t know why anyone in their right mind would go.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote] I wouldn't pay two cents to have a "one of a kind conversation" with them

Well it doesn't sound like it's going to be much of a conversation, since they'll be the only ones talking.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2018 3:54 AM

A philanderer and a two-time loser. Hot ticket!

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2018 3:56 AM

I’m in. I’ve been to some of these speaking events. In the past. Quite a bit of the money goes to charity. Honestly, I don’t care. These are often shockingly frank events. I saw one with Bill Clinton and Bob Dole and they just were brutally honest about the state of American politics - during Bush 43. It was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2018 3:59 AM

If Bill and Hillary would tell us the amount of money they require for us to be able to get rid of them—once and for all—it would probably be worth it.

Name your price, Bill and Hillary!

(After this…we can take on the rest of the corrupt, corporate, oppressive, establishment of the Democratic Party.)

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2018 4:11 AM

The Clintons have dominated Democratic politics for the last 25 years. They're not going away.

Until we come up with a new generation of charismatics leaders, they're basically all we have.

But to their credit they stay engaged, whereas most other politicians just leave the spotlight and go into hiding.

Public service (and self service) is in their blood. That's why they're perfect for each other.

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2018 4:40 AM

I like the way R48 thinks!

I can totally see them doing Sonny and Cher's act. Bill doing the goofball braggdocio, Hillary doing the droll putdowns, bringing out Chelsea in her pjs at the end to say good night to the audience...

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2018 4:45 AM

An idea for their opening number. I'm sure Sonny and Cher did this act at some point in their illustrious career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2018 4:48 AM

I hope they make a tone of $$$$$$ doing this tour. They deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2018 5:41 AM

I'd like to see an evening with the Clinton's and Obama's tour. Now that would be huge. They'd have a sold out arena tour all over blue state America.

Can you imagine the amount of $$$$ something like that would generate? It would be insane.

And what if the Bushes joined them? Insane.

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2018 5:44 AM

It would be a good idea if Bill, Hillary, Michelle and Barack, Elisabeth Warren, even Bernie would come together on a tour to encourage people to vote in Nov. Not having unity is the biggest problem the democrats and people left of center have to beat the repugs.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2018 5:53 AM

R58 That is a good idea. Unfortunately, many of the people on that list would only participate in such a tour if they were offered fees along the lines of the $600,000 they got from Goldman "That's what they offered" Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2018 5:56 AM

[quote] I'd like to see an evening with the Clinton's and Obama's tour.

That'll never happen. Bill hates Obama with the heat of 10,000 suns.

Actually, both the Clintons still blame Obama for her not being President.

They tolerate each other, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2018 5:56 AM

Will she top or will they flip-flop?

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2018 5:57 AM

R53 writes,

[quote]The Clintons have dominated Democratic politics for the last 25 years. They're not going away.

Nobody lasts forever.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2018 5:59 AM

President Carter on speaking fees:

"That's not what I want out of life," Carter said in 1989. "We give money. We don't take it."

by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2018 6:02 AM

The Obama's are out there too. Michelle is always speaking at some elite conference event. And Barack is out there too giving a lot of speeches and attending events.

We should just be glad we have the Clintons and Obama's. There voices are very much needed right now. Especially with Trump at the helm.

I welcome anything any of them have to say. It's actually comforting to me. I don't want them to go away.

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2018 6:05 AM

R63 There's nothing wrong with making $$$. The Clintons and Obama's don't come from wealthy families. The clintons have chelsea they want to leave set for life. And I'm sure the Obamas want to do the same for their two daughters.

Making $$$$ legally is OK!!!

But I do get what Carter is saying.

by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2018 6:10 AM

R65 Amy Carter didn't expect her parents to buy her a $10,000,000 Manhattan condo after her and her husband's hedge fund careers tanked. Teach your children well.

by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2018 6:12 AM

R66 Everyone's priorities are different and there's nothing wrong with that. Remember, this is America land of opportunity. Cash in while you can.

Money is hard to come by in this world. So if corporations want to pay me hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of decades to speak especially if i have the gift of gab. Why not? It's easy money.

I'm taking the money and running. And you know you would too.

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2018 6:22 AM

The Clinton Foundation gravy train is gone. Their access to first-class travel is gone, hotels, etc. the fact they’re now charging the hoi polloi to hear them pontificating about groping interns and losing elections, instead of Arab governments paying them millions is kind of sad. They really have to work now, since foreign governements are no longer willing to pay for access to two has-beens.

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2018 6:25 AM

R67 I know I wouldn't. Why would I need it? I don't want a car and other crap. Taking money from Goldman Sachs or the Saudis is gross and corrupt. The Carters have worked for Habitat for Humanity for decades.

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2018 6:30 AM

r37 Hillary Clinton's father was a multi millionaire, back in the 60s already, Obama's father was a Harvard grad and a successful Kenyan politician, his white family was allegedly CIA, etc. . r46 The US has an empire, American companies read most people's emails, text messages, drive lots of smaller businesses and foreign businesses in general around the world in ruin, US movies and television and music run on television and cinemas and radios etc all around the world all the time and not that much to do about it, there are things like foreign policy and the world and its people can be very thankful that the American empire (that Americans are unwilling to admit and take responsibility for, just to profit from it) is actually a British-American empire, the US has military forces stationed all around the world, with those countries mostly not asking for it, no peace treaty with several countries, leader of the Western world etc. . Most countries are not allowed to become nuclear powers, having to buy their protection and give up their sovereignity to one of the big three or four powers.

Environmental destruction of the world, global warming, human extinction and several other problems of the world cannot be reduced on a national level, only populists pretend and uneducated people believe so. The US has never had that much of a culture, but being more influenced by immigrants and their quest for freedom, money, primitivity, and a few other things and rootlessness .

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2018 6:34 AM

Yet another money grab.

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2018 7:49 AM

Psychologists and her close personal friends have stated that Hillary is obsessed with money. No amount is ever enough. Bill is probably fine with having enough loose change to buy a coffee and a sandwich, but she puts him to work to double her income.

by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2018 7:56 AM

Will Bill be chomping on a cigar as he prattles on?

by Anonymousreply 73October 9, 2018 8:26 AM

[quote] It would be a good idea if Bill, Hillary, Michelle and Barack, Elisabeth Warren, even Bernie would come together on a tour to encourage people to vote in Nov.

Are you aware that the Senate is currently in session? If Liz Warren and Bernie leave for a moment, the turtle will ram the filthiest legislation he's got through. (He cancelled recess so that Dem senators can't go to their home states to campaign: we're having this problem with Bill Nelson right now.)

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2018 8:40 AM

I love the tour idea, after all Hillary Clinton won the election, was rightfully the First Woman President of the United States.

Sadly it was only to have a the most stupid, illiterate crook in all of NYC conspire with Putin against the United States to rob our country of a Free and Democratic election. now it turns out many countries were willing to help as long as Donald gave away US economic security to Pay the bribes, with US Tax dollars.

Madam Secretary has quite a story to tell - the Trumps participation in Cyber warfare against our country is just another part of the whole.

Hillary will also have a lot of solutions and well thought out ideas that citizens may use to address the most critical problems facing out country’s survival. (Of course Shit for Brains and his Kids dont even know what is going on.)

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2018 9:03 AM

One of the "problems facing our country's survival" is too much credence given to the mainstream media. As displayed by fangurl R75.

by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2018 11:24 AM

I personally would find it extremely cathartic to hear them speak and possibly have the opportunity to ask a question. I will likely look into attending, if at all possible.

by Anonymousreply 77October 9, 2018 12:47 PM

R75 is obviously Chelsea Clinton

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Given the Random capitalization though R78, it could be POTUS himself having a little fun.

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2018 1:01 PM

Do you prefer Reynold's Wrap for your hats R70, or will a store brand work just as well?

by Anonymousreply 80October 9, 2018 1:03 PM

Perhaps they can get revenge on Bart O'Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 81October 9, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote] Why the hell should the most qualified candidate in history just give up?

[bold] STOP, HILL SHILLS, STOP!!!! Even Hillary does not profess this R41 [/bold]

She was arguably the most qualified candidate running in 2016.

But in "history" she's somewhere near the back of the pack.

Al Gore was a two-term Congressman, two-term Senator and two-term Vice President. And an Army officer in Vietnam.

Bush The Elder was probably the "most qualified" -- he'd been VP, Head of the CIA, Ambassador to China, Head of the RNC, a Congressman, a naval officer.

Bob Dole had been a Senator for around 30 years when he ran, had headed up the RNC and chaired numerous committees in the Senate (he was House Minority Leader) and was also a WW2 vet

That's just in the past 20 years. The list of candidates more qualified than Hillary Clinton is fairly lengthy.

This is not to take away from her abilities. Just that when you repeat ridiculous lies like that, you give the GOP ammunition.

by Anonymousreply 82October 9, 2018 1:16 PM

R79 the caps are where they should be.

Are you on your milk & cookie break in kindergarten?

by Anonymousreply 83October 9, 2018 1:26 PM

That's the value of a college education, R75

Words like "pay" do not get capitalized. Ditto "cyber", "free" and "democratic"

Unless you are one of Donald Trump's tweets

by Anonymousreply 84October 9, 2018 1:41 PM

This will help R75

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 9, 2018 1:41 PM

[quote]I think this is the Clintons saying, fuck you, we'll tell you exactly what we think.

The problem is that nobody cares what they think. They are two Baby Boomers who can't let go of power and attention. It's time the Democratic Party got some new voices. Why can't they just be like the Carters and go build homes in poor countries? What happened to the Clinton Global Initiative?

by Anonymousreply 86October 9, 2018 1:42 PM

{quote} Why the hell should the most qualified candidate in history just give up? The only reason she lost is that the Russians changed her votes.

Exactly. Exactly how I feel.

by Anonymousreply 87October 9, 2018 1:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 9, 2018 2:16 PM

She was not the most qualified. But you go on telling yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 89October 9, 2018 2:50 PM

Wow, delusional berniebro at R89 alert!

by Anonymousreply 90October 9, 2018 2:53 PM

The trolls ooze out in flocks in these threads, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 91October 9, 2018 3:12 PM

I certainly voted for the Clintons and support them totally over any republican, ever and always. And they certainly are the most interesting power couple in the country.

That said, I wish they could go the Jimmy Carter route and go out and help the poor that they always talk about, build houses for the immigrants they support, get their hands dirty with those who need them. It just would be nice, for once, to see them do something that they didn't charge money for.

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2018 3:16 PM

What happened to the Clinton Global Initiative? Why aren't they out doing work for that?

by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2018 3:19 PM

Maybe the Carter's should invite the Clintons to come and build some houses for them.

It would look really bad if they turned them down. Maybe invite the Clintons in a very public way then they'd have to come.

by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2018 3:35 PM

He's not delusional R90

As per my post at R82, she was possibly the most qualified candidate in the2016 election. (Though an argument could be made that Bernie Sanders, who'd served as a Congressman for 16 years and Senator for 9 years, or John Kasich, who'd been a Congressman for 18 years and governor of Ohio for 5 years were equally as qualified as Clinton, who'd only held elective office for 8 years plus 4 years as SOS.)

Historically, she is somewhere towards the back of the pack.

But that doesn't matter-- Obama was one of the least qualified candidates--ditto JFK and even Bill Clinton--and they made excellent presidents.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2018 3:38 PM

[quote]Oh dead god.

Totally stealing that.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2018 3:42 PM

And then there's bush Jr who wasn't qualified at all and should have never been president in the first place.

But republicans stole that election too. Literally stole it.

by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2018 3:42 PM

I’ve never understood this argument that a resume full of political offices is evidence of being highly qualified for the presidency. Before becoming president, James Buchanan’s list of federal offices included US Representative, US Senator, Ambassador to Russia, Ambassador to the UK, and Secretary of State. Abraham Lincoln served one term as a US Rep before being elected president. Buchanan isn’t the one on Mt. Rushmore.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2018 4:23 PM

"The Clintons and Obama's don't come from wealthy families. The clintons have chelsea they want to leave set for life."

She's already "set for life", you cluck. So are her parents, they've been wallowing in dough for a long time. They don't need money. They WANT it. They're greedy, always have been. Consumed with money lust.

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2018 9:13 PM

There's only four faces on Mt Rushmore, r98.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2018 9:38 PM

[quote]Hillary Clinton's father was a multi millionaire, back in the 60s already, Obama's father was a Harvard grad and a successful Kenyan politician, his white family was allegedly CIA, etc

Hillary and Obama may have come from money, but Bill Clinton didn’t. His mother was a nurse, and his stepfather was an alcoholic car salesman.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2018 9:54 PM

They want for nothing, except for Hillary wanting power and Bill wanting freedom.

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Like most jobs in life though, people expect you to have relevant experience r98.

That's the way the world works, if your resume doesn't show that you have the experience necessary to do the job, odds are you are not going to get hired.

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2018 10:44 PM

R99 people with money want more money. Look at Trump and billionaires and the kardashian jenner family. All very wealthy people but constantly chasing more wealth.

So what's the problem with the clinton's grabbing what they can too? For some people it's never enough.

by Anonymousreply 104October 10, 2018 2:50 AM

Hillary was elected the President of the most powerful Democracy on Earth. She was robbed by an illiterate, money laundering mobster for Russia Authoritarian Dictator.

Trumps conspiracy w/Putins Cyberwarfare against America is revealing even more evidence that Trump/Putin/Russia stole emails from Clintons campaign that specified targeted demographic voters to feed Russian created propoganda to depress her support.

If Hillary and Bill want to speak with the citizens of this country about Domestic and Global Affairs we should be ALL for it.

FYI Hillary did not come from a family of millionaires, her father owed a small fabric printing shop, her mother was an orphan. Also she was always the better lawyer, was widely regarded as a scholar about childrens legal issues. She always earned more money. Also after Ken Starr and the bogus witch hunts they were broke. When they did start making money they created the Clinton GLobal initiative - ne of the most celebrated non profits on the planet.

I will be F/F all Boris Bots and Breitbart trolls. You fuckers are warned.

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2018 8:12 AM

Hillary sold her soul to be married to a Serial philanderer in exchange for a political career. And she got cheated in that Arena as well. So these are her last gasps in an attempt to balance the scales. It's obvious. By the way tickets for Michelle are running up to $3,000 so the Clintons are bargain by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 106October 10, 2018 8:23 AM

Do the audience members get to ask about all those "accidents" and "suicides"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 10, 2018 8:30 AM

I understand that R103 but I wish people would look at how well a politician did in a previous job rather than just say, “she held all of these offices so she must be qualified.” James Madison was Secretary of State for 8 years. While SoS he endorsed insanely stupid policies regarding our relationship with Great Britain. He of course continued those policies as president with near disastrous results for America. So what I don’t get is why people say, “Apart from her support for the War in Iraq, the Bankruptcy Reform bill, the Patriot Act, and the Wall Street bailout, Hillary’s time in the senate indicates she’s well-qualified to be President.”

by Anonymousreply 108October 10, 2018 8:41 AM

What Hillary needs to win the 2020 election is easy. A spray tan, dark hair extensions, glitter nails, fake lashes, lip injections, contour makeup, stilettos, boob job, butt lift, tight dresses, and half naked selfies. Stop all the "smart" talk and dowdy pantsuits. Unfortunately, this is the only thing to entice straight male voters.

by Anonymousreply 109October 10, 2018 8:47 AM

R19 How would they be "more rich?" The majority of their wealth is from things like their books and their speeches, which no one would pay big money for if he hadn't be President, and she hadn't been SOS and First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 110October 10, 2018 10:30 AM

[quote] people with money want more money

Actually, I think that people with money just attract more money, because it's easy for them.

If you're poor, money is incredibly difficult to obtain.

However, if you're rich, the opportunities to make even more money, are nearly endless.

by Anonymousreply 111October 10, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]Hillary was elected the President

Do mental health professionals have a name for this delusion? Two years into the current administration, how does someone persist with it?

by Anonymousreply 112October 10, 2018 11:37 PM

Peanuts. Wait till Barack and Michelle start raking it in with Netflix is it.

by Anonymousreply 113October 10, 2018 11:44 PM

R112 Yes, the delusion is called the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 114October 10, 2018 11:46 PM

There are certain DLers R112 (and I suspect it is just a handful) who have diva-ized Mrs. Clinton, they fangurl her in ways remarkably similar to the segment of our resident Lee Pace/Ben Barnes/Luke Evans/Janet Jackson trolls who zealously defend their idols.

In their warped world. any negative inference is heresy -- admitting to a fondness for one J. Jackson album over another = I think the other album sucked.

Same thing, different package.

by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2018 12:27 AM

Good for them. I hope they make a billion trillion zillion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 116October 11, 2018 12:41 AM

I'm sure the evening will be likeable enough.

by Anonymousreply 117October 11, 2018 1:21 AM

R116=Chelsea

by Anonymousreply 118October 11, 2018 1:22 AM

Hillary lost Pennsylvania for Gods sake.

She did not win the election.

GORE won the election

Hillary lost.

by Anonymousreply 119October 11, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote] I understand that [R103] but I wish people would look at how well a politician did in a previous job rather than just say, “she held all of these offices so she must be qualified.”

If you are not going to look at the political resume of someone running for an office, what are you going to look at?

You don't think Clinton was good at any of her jobs, but a lot of people disagree with you. Maybe that's what's bothering you.

by Anonymousreply 120October 11, 2018 5:06 AM

Hillary gets alot of Love when she Tweets. She should tweet more often and let her true personality and spunkiness shine. That could be the Hillary 3.0 if she chooses to run again in 2020.

Social media is how people connect these days. Being active on Twitter is what gave Trump such large momentum. It is a brilliant marketing strategy.

by Anonymousreply 121October 11, 2018 5:21 AM

R116 her greediness is what killed her

by Anonymousreply 122October 11, 2018 5:26 AM

Are you bothered by the millions made by all other Democrats, R122. How about Sanders?

by Anonymousreply 123October 11, 2018 5:35 AM

I wish they would go away. They are so polarizing. And they are not doing the democrats any favors. They are so greedy

by Anonymousreply 124October 11, 2018 5:44 AM

R123 I'm not quite sure how I feel. On one hand, I feel it really is the hardest job in the world, so the presidency should attract the absolute best, and they should be financially rewarded. On the other hand, it is a little troubling now that the presidency is starting to feel like a jumping point to extreme wealth.

Yes, she really is polarizing. I saw a clip of her talking on the news, she still refuses to admit to making any mistakes. Talking about Russian interference in the election, implying that was why she lost.

by Anonymousreply 125October 11, 2018 5:50 AM

She admitted to making mistakes in her book, R125. (I didn't read the book, but I remember that's what was being reported.) To say that she is flat out refusing taking responsibility for her loos would not be entirely right.

It's safe to say, with what we know so far, that Russians had a lot to do with the outcome of the election. If not the Russians directly, certainly hundreds of thousands of Americans who bought the anti-Clinton propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 126October 11, 2018 6:10 AM

^ loss

by Anonymousreply 127October 11, 2018 6:12 AM

I would love to attend this, I just wish tickets were more affordable. I think Bill and Hilary are two very interesting people.

by Anonymousreply 128October 11, 2018 6:12 AM

R126 writes,

[quote]It's safe to say, with what we know so far, that Russians had a lot to do with the outcome of the election.

No.

It is bullshit propaganda.

She lost.

by Anonymousreply 129October 11, 2018 7:40 AM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 11, 2018 7:57 AM

Did the Russians tell her to go to Arizona and ignore campaigning in Wisconsin, Michigan, and western Pennsylvania-you know, the blue states?

by Anonymousreply 131October 11, 2018 8:21 AM

say what u may she woulda made a hella better prez than that cuntlicker trump

happi now all u lovely deplorables out yonder in the universe???????????

by Anonymousreply 132October 11, 2018 8:54 AM

Name another politican that's spent as much as they have on the poor folks of the world.

by Anonymousreply 133October 11, 2018 8:58 AM

[quote]Mrs. Clinton, they fangurl her in ways remarkably similar to the segment of our resident Lee Pace/Ben Barnes/Luke Evans/Janet Jackson trolls

For somebody who left 25+ comments on this thread, it looks very much like YOU are the one being obsessed with Hillary. Tell me R115, how much does Puty pay for every comment?

by Anonymousreply 134October 11, 2018 9:21 AM

[quote]Did the Russians tell her to go to Arizona and ignore campaigning in Wisconsin, Michigan, and western Pennsylvania-you know, the blue states?

You can thank the Bernorbuster for giving Trump the EC win in WI, MI, PA. Probably when Bernie stole Hillary's voter data from the DNC servers to help Putin hack voting machines.

BTW she did campaign in those states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 11, 2018 9:30 AM

I was luck enough to attend one of Bill Clinton’s speeches right after he left office. Riveting. Seriously.

The Clinton’s can do whatever the fuck they want to and make as much money as they want to.

by Anonymousreply 136October 11, 2018 9:31 AM

They know so much and have so much wisdom, they should share.

I would still like to know why she voted for the Iraq War. I believe it was a purely political move and it turned me off her, yet I still voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 137October 11, 2018 9:46 AM

"When I have no argument left, I accuse my opponent of being a Russian troll. I can't imagine anyone would not be able to understand why Janet Jackson/Hillary Clinton/Luke Evans/Lee Pace/Timothy Chalamet/et al is not a gift from the gods

--R134

by Anonymousreply 138October 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Hillary is brilliant. I voted for her, as I have always for Democrats since 1976.

But (yes) 2016 was Joe's time, not hers. There is no "being owed" here; Joe was VP!

And Hillary, with her "We need to admit more Somalians/Syrians/Muslims"; Huma Abedin (with her demonstrably radical mother); Omar's father in prime seating behind HRC at a televised rally; didn't "read the room," as it were.

Yes, she got millions more actual votes, but not where they would have mattered for the Electoral College.

Yes, she campaigned in PA, but not in the Lehigh Valley (erstwhile Bethlehem Steel, plus Mack Trucks and a renaissance for Billy Joel's Allentown), where her husband, Obama, Gore, Kerry, and McGovern (among others) had in their day. Instead, Kaine came, to little notice and avail. The LV then went Red.

As for the speech circuit, I wish I could go. I have no problem with the ticket costs; they're cheaper than a concert.

by Anonymousreply 139October 11, 2018 11:05 AM

I guess it was Joe's turn but I did not think either would be our best candidate. I am old but I don't think we need all these older candidates...get someone in their 50s...come on! Stop with the old people.

by Anonymousreply 140October 11, 2018 1:28 PM

Hillary Clinton/Michelle Obama 2020

by Anonymousreply 141October 11, 2018 11:13 PM

Hillary can't and Michelle won't.

by Anonymousreply 142October 11, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]And Hillary, with her "We need to admit more Somalians/Syrians/Muslims"

She never said anything like that, only suggesting we should help Yazidi women who are Christians.

[quote]Omar's father in prime seating behind HRC at a televised rally

Also not her fault, it was a open door even and she and her campaign distanced herself from Mateen the next day calling him 'an individual they are not in anyway associated with'. I still believe Mateen was put there by Trump's team.

And, no it was not Joe's term, Biden never came close even winning a nomination. He has never been a viable presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 143October 11, 2018 11:40 PM

Part of what makes Michelle great is she honestly does not want to run for President, and bless her for it. She is not desperate for the power and attention.

by Anonymousreply 144October 11, 2018 11:42 PM

*Joe's turn

by Anonymousreply 145October 11, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote]He has never been a viable presidential candidate.

Until now. He is the single best candidate for this moment. One term, then whichever one of DL's favoured diva stars get picked for VP can give it a go. At this moment, the country needs a guy like Joe Biden. No more poetry, no star power, just good, stable, likeable, down to earth Trumanesque normal.

by Anonymousreply 146October 11, 2018 11:46 PM

This country does not need Joe Biden r146. Joe Biden needs to relax, and quit freaking out because he never got to be President and that was his lifelong dream.

by Anonymousreply 147October 11, 2018 11:48 PM

Then what in your view does the country need?

by Anonymousreply 148October 11, 2018 11:50 PM

The democrats need a new leader r148. They need another Obama who can excite the democratic coalition and get them the White House for another 8 years. No one is excited by Joe Biden.

There are a lot of potential candidates, and once the midterms are out of the way and campaign is in gear hopefully we will be able to see who has the right stuff.

by Anonymousreply 149October 11, 2018 11:53 PM

Will you vote for whoever gets the nomination, R149? Even Biden ?

by Anonymousreply 150October 11, 2018 11:54 PM

Of course, I always do r150. I'd vote for a ham sandwhich over Trump.

But I hope Biden doesn't run for presidency for a 3rd time, to me it just looks sad and tarnishes his political legacy.

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2018 11:57 PM

HRC is catnip for DLers. She is a private citizen and if people are willing to pony up $$ to see here, then there is nothing to see here. I don't understand why it's a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 152October 12, 2018 12:02 AM

Truth be told, Hillary Clinton was terrible at campaigning. She turned a lot of people off just because of that.

by Anonymousreply 153October 12, 2018 12:46 AM

What about Joe Kennedy Jr?

by Anonymousreply 154October 12, 2018 1:46 AM

Yazidis are in no way, shape or form Christian, R143. The religion, as per the Wikipedia link, is vaguely related to Zoroastrianism and "combines aspects of several monotheistic religions: Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism."

But nice try.

The fangurls have ruined these political threads. It's like debating with Janbots, LukeEvansbots, LeePacebots and the rest of the crazies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 12, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote]And Hillary, with her "We need to admit more Somalians/Syrians/Muslims"

[quote]She never said anything like that, only suggesting we should help Yazidi women who are Christians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 12, 2018 2:05 AM

She clearly said the US should prioritize Yadizi women in R156's article link.

Yadizi women suffered the most in ISIS occupied territories because they are not Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 157October 12, 2018 7:57 AM

In the context of 2015 and 2016’s weekly video drops of ISIS beheadings, and the constant stories of Muslim crime, rapes, and general failure to assimilate in Germany, Italy, and throughout Europe, her message didn’t exactly thrill many voters.

Then contrast her “65000 more Syrians” with Trump’s message of a “compete Muslim ban”, and it’s easy to see why voters preferred Trump.

by Anonymousreply 158October 12, 2018 8:52 AM

^complete

by Anonymousreply 159October 12, 2018 8:53 AM

If anything is to blame for her loss, it's Jim Comey deciding to play politics and re-open a CLOSED investigation a few days before the election

I am glad that scumbag got dumped by Trump/his fellow Republicans. It's what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2018 1:32 PM

[quote]Hillary was elected the President of the most powerful Democracy on Earth.

One more time for people who are idiots. Hillary was NOT elected President. She may have had more votes, but that's not the way the US election game is won. You don't bring a tennis racket to a football game and expect to win by swinging the racket. She KNEW the rules going in, she refused to listen to her twice-elected husband and took the advice of some millennial advisor and she fucking LOST! Had she spent less time with Hollywood types and actually got her ass to places where normal citizens were bothered by what they were seeing, maybe she would have won.

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2018 3:15 PM

I agree R161 she blew it. Bill was a master campaigner who won two elections. And she had him for free since he's her husband. She really should have listened to him.

But I also take into consideration all of the corruption during the campaign that was going on coming from the Trump side.

The whole thing was just one big shit show tragedy. I never want to relive any of it again.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2018 3:27 PM

Is Robby Mook still alive?

I know he must feel terrible.

Where Hillary goes drama and infighting seems to follow. Reports say the campaign operatives were arguing with each other in the final months and there were many campaign advisers opposed and doubtful of Mook and his overconfidence in polling data/data models. I agree. Hillary should've listened to her husband Bill, one of the most brilliant political campaigners of our time. Don't forget Bill played a huge role in Obama's re-election campaign in 2012 especially with his grand slam convention speech. I don't know why Hillary and her team of millennials decided to downplay him. Youthful arrogance vs expert politicos. I think Hillary thought going with the expert politicos is what tore down her 08 campaign so she decided to lean toward a younger demographic.

by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2018 4:35 PM

[quote]Mook and his overconfidence in polling data/data models.

I thought the Democrats had learned that when John Kerry ran. "Exit polls" were saying that Kerry won and yet when votes were counted, he didn't. Polls are only as good as the people who don't lie and they shouldn't be taken with 100% accuracy.

by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2018 4:45 PM

Of course, he's alive. He works at Harvard.

[quote] And Hillary, with her "We need to admit more Somalians/Syrians/Muslims"; Huma Abedin (with her demonstrably radical mother)

Can't help felling sorry for Huma. Her political friends advised her that Weiner was going places. She grew up with a nutso mother. Her intelligence, her hard work mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2018 5:16 AM

[quote]Then contrast her “65000 more Syrians” with Trump’s message of a “compete Muslim ban”, and it’s easy to see why voters preferred Trump.

No, it's not easy to see why voters preferred trump. Speak for yourself.

Did people actually think that 60000 Syrians (with focus on women and children refugees) would raid, rape and pillage across the US?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2018 6:18 AM

The only politicians with something to say, besides Warren.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2018 6:20 AM

[quote]Did people actually think that 60000 Syrians (with focus on women and children refugees) would raid, rape and pillage across the US?

Yes, just like people saw happening all over Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2018 1:11 PM

I think ex presidents and their families have the right to make as much money as they can. This is a capitalist country. They didn't take a vow of poverty.

My only problem with this tour is that I am afraid it simply is a warm-up/precursor to Hillary announcing another run. She will say the "love and support from the audiences" convinced her to run again.

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2018 6:51 PM

[quote]Yes, just like people saw happening all over Europe.

In the 15th century, yes. Do you know European history at all?

Shouldn't you worry about Nazi sympathizers freely marching our streets here in the US? Oh, that's right. They're white.

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2018 7:07 PM

R169. I love her, and accept she’s too polarizing to carry enough republicans to win. A country this split has to peel off enough votes from moderate republicans. Putting a leftist candidate up won’t do it; it just guarantees trump another 4 years.

A centrist southern Democrat has a better chance - someone like a Mark Pryor but from a top 5 state.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2018 7:11 PM

you Americans were stupid in not electing this goddess for President, you blew it

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2018 7:17 PM

It was the russians. She won.

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2018 7:21 PM

Bernie Sanders smear campaign and his refusal to step down after Super Tuesday certainly didn't help. The lethargy of the 18-24 crowds to vote was a big factor in her loss and Sanders has to take responsibility for this.

Lots of factors were working against Clinton in 2016. The press, voter suppression, Comey, likely hacking (we know the Russians tried). She lost the EC by very small margins. Yes she made mistakes, but ultimately she's not to blame for he loss.

She won the PV, all three debates, was a head of Trump literally 98% of the time, was ahead and and rising while Trump was falling on election day.

There was something incredibly rotten going on in 2016. The people who still say it's mainly her fault that she lost the election to Trump are just part of the ongoing smear campaign against Clinton and are the ones who don't want the truth to come out.

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2018 7:50 PM

[quote]The people who still say it's mainly her fault that she lost the election to Trump are just part of the ongoing smear campaign against Clinton and are the ones who don't want the truth to come out.

Also, they didn't vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 175October 13, 2018 7:53 PM

R174 Shouldn't the "18-24 crowds" have to take responsibility for their own lethargy? No one forced them not to vote.

by Anonymousreply 176October 13, 2018 7:54 PM

You don't understand, R176, Hillary Clinton forced them not to vote in the general because she beat Sanders in the primaries. Also, the DNC totally forced them not to vote because they "rigged" the primaries (where did those extra four million votes come from?!). And lastly, the Democratic party forced them not to vote because the party "picked" the wrong candidate (voters had no say in this, somehow).

by Anonymousreply 177October 13, 2018 8:00 PM

[quote]was a head of Trump literally 98% of the time, was ahead and and rising while Trump was falling on election day.

She was ahead in the polls, because voters in the Midwest who hated both candidates were embarrassed to admit they were going to vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 178October 13, 2018 9:18 PM

More ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 13, 2018 9:46 PM

That's a stupid argument R178, fly over folks hate Hillary just as much as they hate Trump.

The election was rigged, you don't lose the presidency when you are ahead of your opponent. Trump was never ahead of her except for one day by 1.1% on 26th July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 13, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote]The election was rigged, you don't lose the presidency when you are ahead of your opponent.

Lots of people lied to pollsters, and lots didn’t make up their mind until last minute which candidate to “hold their nose” for.

by Anonymousreply 181October 13, 2018 11:01 PM

Trump was on a downward tick on election day and was slipping for the last 6 days, Hillary was on an upward tick, you don't magically gain 3.2 points on election day.

The election was rigged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 13, 2018 11:08 PM

The polls were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 183October 13, 2018 11:11 PM

The polls can be wrong sometimes but they aren't wrong 98% of the times during the election.

A presidential candidate doesn't lose the election when he/she clearly wins all three debates.

by Anonymousreply 184October 13, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]A presidential candidate doesn't lose the election when he/she clearly wins all three debates.

A presidential candidate with record-high unfavorability ratings, one week before the election, can easily lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 13, 2018 11:29 PM

A presidential candidate with record-high unfavorability ratings doesn't win the popular vote by 3 million. (She had nearly the same PV count as Obama in 2012, BTW {65,915,795-65,853,514})

Nor does this candidate beat the ass of the opponent who apparently is 'the most popular senator in the US' in the primary.

You can spin this all the way you want R185, the election was rigged. Trump is not a legitimate president.

by Anonymousreply 186October 13, 2018 11:38 PM

Trump is the President, as elected by the Electoral College.

The Dems should focus on nominating a better, less-disliked candidate next time.

by Anonymousreply 187October 13, 2018 11:42 PM

I will never forgive you for not voting in this goddess

by Anonymousreply 188October 13, 2018 11:47 PM

they should both just go away and crawl under a rock somewhere and take Obama with them

by Anonymousreply 189October 13, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]Trump is the President, as elected by the Electoral College.

That's what Nixon thought too.

- Bob Mueller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 13, 2018 11:52 PM

Two smart people in politics discussing issues seems really interesting to me

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2018 11:54 PM

I loved the Obama-Hillary debates because they actually discussed policies and what the various options were to improve them.

The GOP debates focused on Trump’s dick size.

by Anonymousreply 192October 13, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote] The polls were wrong

No, they just didn’t take into consideration Russia infiltrating the election

by Anonymousreply 193October 13, 2018 11:56 PM

The polls were right. Putin interfered. Illegal election = illegitimate president

by Anonymousreply 194October 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Will Bill & Hill do the tarantella while singing I Got You Babe?

by Anonymousreply 195October 14, 2018 12:14 AM

Are the Republicans spreading lies to keep Hillary away from campaigning in close Democratic races?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 14, 2018 12:24 AM

I'd say fuck it and just disappear for good. No more public appearances. No more interviews, nothing!

If they don't want me anymore then I'd just go into obscurity and live the rest of my life as a private citizen indefinitely. And I wouldn't want anyone bothering me.

I'd say fuck America and let it go to complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 197October 14, 2018 12:58 AM

R170, Hillary might have meant "mostly women and children"; Huma might not share her mother's published opinions; and Mr. Mateen might not have been seated pride of place by the Clinton campaign.

But Hillary has been around too many blocks not to know the power of perception.

by Anonymousreply 198October 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Everyone does the phoney wave and point. In politics and showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 199October 14, 2018 1:46 AM

R175, I not only voted for her, but I've been phone-banking for Democrats this go-round.

But before the Russian hacking became known, I predicted Hillary was going to lose simply by, as I noted up-thread, the indifference to Tim Kaine's visit, Hillary's notable absence, and a much longer line at my polling place when I voted. I don't live in a Blue precinct.

When people have to say, "She's much funnier and warmer IN PERSON," you don't have a Bill Clintonesque candidate.

by Anonymousreply 200October 14, 2018 1:47 AM

Nobody ever thought she was a Bill Clinton-esque candidate, at least not anyone who knows anything about American politics or the Clintons. Who told you that she was like Bill? It's just nuts.

People should have voted for her because she was more qualified, more experienced, more level-headed, more intelligent, better-educated and had stronger political contacts around the world.

Those who chose instead to cry "but her emails!" or "but I don't like her!" or "but Bernie!" should have the right to vote removed from them until they learn to take it seriously and value it. We don't have the time or energy for that bullshit anymore, children.

by Anonymousreply 201October 14, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote]People should have voted for her because she was more qualified, more experienced, more level-headed, more intelligent, better-educated and had stronger political contacts around the world.

Her policies, like the aforementioned “65000 more Syrians”, were stupid and anti-American.

Americans were tired of being told to apologize for our country, and cater to the needs of terrorists and illegal immigrants.

Hillary was tone-deaf to all of it... and the voters in the Midwest told her to take a seat.

by Anonymousreply 202October 14, 2018 2:08 AM

I'm sort of surprised they want to spend that much time together.

by Anonymousreply 203October 14, 2018 2:09 AM

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. If we didn't have a slave voting system still in place hillary would be the president right now. Instead of that clown we have right now.

by Anonymousreply 204October 14, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote] Her policies, like the aforementioned “65000 more Syrians”, were stupid and anti-American.

Her policies were anti-American? Now I heard it all. I would ask for links to her anti-American policies and for you to explain what was stupid about them, but what's the point. You'll just post another sign from some anti-Europe rally.

All this because Sanders lost to her in the primaries... Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 205October 14, 2018 2:21 AM

So, you didn't vote for her R202. Do you see yourself as a trump enabler? Of course not. You have zero ability to self-reflect.

by Anonymousreply 206October 14, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]Americans were tired of being told to apologize for our country, and cater to the needs of terrorists and illegal immigrants.

Speak for yourself. The majoriti of Americans voted for Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 207October 14, 2018 2:30 AM

No, the Mid-West didn't tell her anything. Vladimir Putin chose Trump because he knew Hillary wouldn't take any of his shit. And because he had years of Kompromat on Trump.

Midwesterners had fuck all to do with anything, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 208October 14, 2018 2:36 AM

[quote]Speak for yourself. The majoriti of Americans voted for Clinton.

And Trump is in the White House, while she is selling tickets to her “tour” for $27.

by Anonymousreply 209October 14, 2018 2:36 AM

And that makes my statement incorrect how, R209?

It doesn't. Period.

by Anonymousreply 210October 14, 2018 2:38 AM

Deplorables can't read and follow along like normal people can, r210. I used to think that they were all dropped on their heads as babies but can all of their mothers and fathers really have been that careless? I just don't know, but there is some brain damage happening up in there.

I wonder the same thing about their dickless leader. He can't even put a sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 211October 14, 2018 2:44 AM

I dont think most americans understand how admired Hillary is in foreign countries, after Trumps election most people thought you were stupid to let her go

by Anonymousreply 212October 14, 2018 2:45 AM

Setting aside their politics how many of you have seen these two in a public setting answering audience questions. It's worth the money, especially now since neither is running for office. They are both very smart and have a lot of info at their fingertips.

If I lived closer to anyone one of the sites I wold go.

by Anonymousreply 213October 14, 2018 2:45 AM

It's pretty clear, R178, R181, R183, R185, R187, R202, R209, you are hear to gloat about Clinton's loss to the Democrats who post here.

You hate Hillary Clinton and you revel in her loss. You will say whatever it takes to get your point across, but you are short on links.

How can you still hate this woman, it's been two years? It's abnormal.

by Anonymousreply 214October 14, 2018 2:46 AM

We know, R212, we regret it every day. It's the dumb cunt deplorables and the rest of the stupid people who don't regret it.

Before those Russian freaks and Deplorables all went mad, Hillary Clinton was always one of the top ten most admired women in the world and she still is, they have no idea. They watch Fux Noise so they don't actually get any real information or news about anything or anyone.

by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2018 2:55 AM

Played out.

by Anonymousreply 216October 14, 2018 2:59 AM

No one over 65 years old should be allowed to hold office as POTUS...I truly believe that it affects how the country is being run...if a candidate can’t be younger than 35, then 65 should be the oldest...hell, maybe even younger, 55-60.

by Anonymousreply 217October 14, 2018 3:32 AM

The Clintons are two of the smartest people in the country. I'd love to see them talk.

by Anonymousreply 218October 14, 2018 3:36 AM

I bet Syria would have a female president before America does.

In fact, their Vice President is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 219October 14, 2018 6:53 AM

I've always heard that the clintons never got mixed up in Washington society and never did the social circuit while they were in office. Why didn't they? I'm always curious about presidents and first ladies and the Washington society scene and why pretty much all presidents and first ladies stay away from that crowd.

You'd think the first lady would be interested in the political social scene of Washington. And that she'd basically would be the queen of DC society. I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to Washington society can someone with knowledge of that scene please explain why the first couple usually shun Washington society I'm really curious about that whole world.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 220October 14, 2018 7:07 AM

My guess, R220, is that (a) Washington society regarded the Clintons as outsiders; and (b) for their part, the Clintons had better things to do with their time than go to parties.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2018 8:13 AM

[quote] Lots of factors were working against Clinton in 2016. The press, voter suppression, Comey, likely hacking (we know the Russians tried).

Yes, but there were even more factors working in her favor. She had more built-in advantages than any previous presidential candidate in history. She went into the campaign with 100% name recognition. Her campaign had raised a shitload of money. She had run for president before and knew what to expect. She had a husband who was a masterful politician and had been elected president twice. And she was endorsed by nearly every newspaper in the country, even newspapers that had traditionally endorsed Republicans. Not to mention the support of nearly everyone in Hollywood. And then she lost.

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2018 8:51 AM

Her motto was wrong too. I'm with Her.

by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2018 9:01 AM

Exactly R215. Hillary's rallies have always been electrifying.

We would be seeing Hillary's face on our TVs every day if the Russians didn't take her votes.

She should be charging more!

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2018 9:11 AM

The pantsuit club would have sent Vlad packing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2018 10:21 AM

These conversations are welcome, but we need Hillary to build an entire TV network.

The bulk of the programming will be Hillary telling us why she lost.

The rest of the content will revolve around Russia.

Because of the constant Russian threat, all shows will be pre-recorded. That way, there is no risk of an anti-Hillary comment reaching viewers.

by Anonymousreply 226October 14, 2018 1:29 PM

R222 - everything you describe as a Clinton advantage are indeed advantages in a popular vote election. That's not what the US Presidential election is. Like it or not the US Presidential election has come down to winging swing states. Some would argue the election hinged on swing counties in swing states.

by Anonymousreply 227October 14, 2018 3:18 PM

More on what R220 said please. Can we please stop talking about that fucking election already? It's over hillary is going to be president. That's history. You people have run that whole incident into the fucking ground.

Let's just stop litigating it on the daily. This thread is about the clintons going on tour, not the ill fated 2016 election. Every thread on hillary always revert back to 2016. Lets move on already. I hate she loss to but it's not going to change anything at all.

Lets focus on midterms and then 2020.

by Anonymousreply 228October 14, 2018 3:26 PM

Isn't going to be president, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 229October 14, 2018 3:27 PM

Is Hillary still married to Huma?

by Anonymousreply 230October 14, 2018 3:29 PM

I want her to run again, it is her destiny

by Anonymousreply 231October 14, 2018 8:34 PM

R201 204 211 213 Thank you. Deplorables are intellectually lazy, come from christian nutters, crave white male nationalism of some form, hate thier ex wives or indeed were dropped on their heads.

Both Bill and Hillary are pretty funny and will certainly serve #Illegitimate #TreasonousPOS up on a platter with great wit. They are cool heads, ALWAYS optimists “Thinking about Tomorrow!” strategic thinkers and have certainly watched him and his entire grifting family mob with concern for decades. NYC is THIER TOWN now baby - count on it. They both have volumes to say about how to restore the Institutions of our Democracy: belief in quantifiable facts/truth, Science, Rule of Law/Equal Justice, shared responsibility as the largest Democracy on the planet to support developing Democracy’s, how to counter attacks on a Constitutionally enshrined Free Press.

They also will certainly offer counterweight to the emergence of Nazi’s/KKK, Xenophobia, Racism, overly misogyny and abuse of women, rising authoritarianism at home and in our traditional allies - what bannon calls “populism.”

Bill and Hillary will show us how to recover ourselves, our hope and this countries basic dignity.

by Anonymousreply 232October 14, 2018 8:36 PM

You've managed to hit all the Shareblue talking points in a single post. Bravo, R232!!

by Anonymousreply 233October 14, 2018 8:40 PM

R231, this idea that it's Hillary's "destiny" or "turn" to be President is exactly why she lost and why Americans dislike her. I cringed when I heard her motto was "I'm with her" and I also cringed when I heard her inquire why is she not 50 points ahead. The arrogance/entitlement just seeps through.

She is not owed the presidency.

Americans hate and distrust Washington insiders/ experienced professional politicians and usually elect the Washington newbie and whoever is the underdog in the race for president. Think back to Trump, Reagan, Obama, Clinton, Carter, Kennedy for example. Even W was an underdog despite the nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 234October 14, 2018 8:54 PM

The optimistic candidate will always win over the gloomy, negative one.

Even if the gloomy one is correct, they can't win.

by Anonymousreply 235October 14, 2018 8:59 PM

She never acted like she was owed the presidency, R234. People like you who dislike her will just find whatever reason to keep hating her and blaming her for the loss when you didn't even vote for her.

Also, R231 was clearly trolling and you fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 236October 14, 2018 9:00 PM

R232 here, any reasonably intelligent, intellectually curious lover of Democracy can see where the problems lie with Shit for Brains in the Oval Office. Also smart people can see what the strengths of Secretary and People’s President Hillary Clinton and former President Clinton clearly are. They have always been HUGE defenders of America and our Allies.

Trumps, all of the disgusting Trumps, didnt even know that had to register to vote, let alone what governing in a Democracy would entail. That bunch is far more intimate with Mobster Rules of family loyalty, greed, criminality.

by Anonymousreply 237October 14, 2018 9:18 PM

R222, she did win the popular vote by 3 million and lost the electoral vote by just under 80 thousand.

The margin by which she lost the EV was very small in several crucial swing states. The whole thing is very dodgy. She should have won.

by Anonymousreply 238October 14, 2018 10:00 PM

Hillary lost by nearly the identical number of Stein votes in all three states. The Facebook accounts of areas listed inthe stolen DNC/Hillary Campaign Voter Demographics should be compared to lists stolen by the Russian/Putin/Trump Conspiracy to Commit Treason against the United States handiwork.

Stein voters: the most narcissist and illogical bookends to Grifter. I recall saying to one acquaintance “you would rather be able to sit around the Holiday table smug in knowing you voted neither than think about the ramifications of what you have done to the most damaged & most deserving of our help and compassion - RIGHT?”

by Anonymousreply 239October 14, 2018 10:35 PM

R239, it is not really fair to blame Stein voters. Remember that our media was debating whether Hillary was going to win in a landslide, or the biggest landslide in history.

Stein voters had no way of knowing how important their votes were, especially in the key swing states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 14, 2018 10:42 PM

Funny - when thier votes add up - it sure is. Trump=Stein. But you can stop trolling now.

by Anonymousreply 241October 14, 2018 10:52 PM

Stein was the worse of them all. She had foreign policy ideas that would have ruined the world. Her VP candidate was an absolute loon.

He thought the 2014 Ukrainian revolution was a "U.S.-supported coup" that contained "racist neo-Nazi elements and that the Charlie Hebdo March in Paris was a "white power mach". You can't make this shit up.

He calls himself a human rights activist BTW.

by Anonymousreply 242October 14, 2018 11:02 PM

Oh God, here come the Stein bashers again. Are you cunts still going on about Jill Stein?? Jesus Christ, get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 243October 19, 2018 3:42 PM

R242 You're a moron. Her VP is a respected civil rights activists. And you do know that it was reported that soldiers in the Ukraine were seen wearing nazi helmets? Do you not understand that the government there IS right-wing and neo-nazi? People are so fucking stupid on this board.

by Anonymousreply 244October 19, 2018 3:45 PM

^^ Links for supporting evidence, or it didnt happen

by Anonymousreply 245October 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Here's your link, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 19, 2018 3:48 PM

"More recently C14 beat up a socialist politician while other ultranationalist thugs stormed the Lviv and Kiev City Councils. Far-right and neo-Nazi groups have also assaulted or disrupted art exhibitions, anti-fascist demonstrations, a “Ukrainians Choose Peace” event, LGBT events, a social center, media organizations, court proceedings and a Victory Day march celebrating the anniversary of the end of World War II."

by Anonymousreply 247October 19, 2018 3:50 PM

How do we put away the myth regarding Jill Stein? The victimization hatred only works if one assumes that all or almost all, of her votes would have gone to Clinton. This just wasn't so.

by Anonymousreply 248October 19, 2018 3:51 PM

It's sexism. Stein got virtually nothing in votes. It's just woman bashing from people claiming to be pro-woman.

I have many friends in the Green Party, and their strategy was never to take votes from Clinton. Greens were told to vote for Stein ONLY in states where Clinton was assured a win. And the fact is that all the Greens I knows voted for Clinton anyway, just to play it safe. It's just liberal-bashing, which DL loves the most.

by Anonymousreply 249October 19, 2018 3:56 PM

Funny how another discussion about the Clintons gets deflected into something else.

The Clintons are determined to ruin our chances in 2020. It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 250October 19, 2018 3:58 PM

Why are they doing this anyway? Isn't the Clinton foundation worth hundreds of millions. Are they no longer allowed the same access to that money like they once were, or is this more to do with massaging their egos.

by Anonymousreply 251October 19, 2018 4:33 PM

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I feel that she sees the situation as if she can hold her 2016 voters, while he has lost as much as 10% of his who have buyer's remorse, she's in.

by Anonymousreply 252October 19, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote] What happened to the Clinton Global Initiative?

With both of them out of office with nothing more to sell people like the Saudis no longer needed to launder the bribes through payments into a "charity" or "foundation".

by Anonymousreply 253October 19, 2018 4:45 PM

I think Bill was secretly relieved when Hillary lost to Trump. It was a disaster for the nation and all, but does anyone really believe that he was relishing the prospect of being America's first man. I'm sure he didn't want his wife undermining his legacy as President.

by Anonymousreply 254October 19, 2018 5:17 PM

"These two are a bottomless pit when it comes to money. For them it's never enough."

I don't think you should talk, Donald.

Don't you people understand what ex-presidents and ex-congress people so? They make speeches for $, and the congress people usually become lobbyists, using their connections to influence present congress people to vote for whatever they're lobbying for like the NRA. I think those that can't handle a Clinton Tour are simply jealous, like the one who wrote what I quoted above.

It'll be interesting to see the Clintons together in this kind of setting. There'll be highlights on MSNBC I'm sure, you don't actually have to go. If they make a bundle, more power to them.

by Anonymousreply 255October 19, 2018 5:19 PM

I can tell you're under 40, R254.

by Anonymousreply 256October 19, 2018 5:19 PM

R250, no one will remember this in 2020, fool. Remember when everyone said Hillary's book would ruin the Dems in 2018? No one remembers that either. If YOU want to help this years midterms, you need to work to get those Dem leaning voters off their asses an to the polls on Nov 6.

by Anonymousreply 257October 19, 2018 5:24 PM

R256: Bill Clinton was a popular President, despite what happened with Monica Lewinsky. For all his faults he left office with fairly high approval ratings. I can't see him liking the prospect of taking a back seat to Madame President. She also would have wanted to forge her own path, so I'm sure his influence within her administration would have been limited. Can you honestly say that a man of Bill Clinton's past achievements would have enjoyed playing a role traditionally reserved for "First Ladies".

It would have been humiliating for him, especially since he was a former POTUS. I'm sure he went all out for her campaign, and if she'd won, he would have likely made the best of it. However, deep down I think he was relieved.

by Anonymousreply 258October 19, 2018 6:22 PM

To all you Stein haters: I voted for Stein and never, ever would have voted for Clinton. Stein didn't "steal" my vote.

I'll never understand why people think that if a Green candidate weren't in the race all of her votes would've gone to the cunt that sold fracking around the world and voted for the Iraq war.

by Anonymousreply 259October 19, 2018 7:06 PM

R258 - I think you are on to something. I'm not at all sure what role Bill Clinton would have played in a Hillary Clinton White House. Probably the best thing he could have done would have been to take a teaching position at Georgetown.

There is no doubt he wanted a post-presidential career. The Clinton Foundation is an example. It also can be argued that the fact he started the foundation upon his exit from government is an example of how he wasn't completely committed to supporting Hillary's career.

by Anonymousreply 260October 19, 2018 7:07 PM

Granny's running again, despite having lost to a black man with little political experience and a rich man with zero political experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 19, 2018 7:18 PM

R258 ans 260, you obviously don't remember 1992's "two for the price of one." The Clintons are a team, they're not rivals, and that included in the White House 1993-2001. For Bill Clinton it's never ending - her presidency would be his too.

"Can you honestly say that a man of Bill Clinton's past achievements would have enjoyed playing a role traditionally reserved for First Ladies."

The role is flexible, R258. Hillary certainly didn't play the part the same way Barbara Bush did, which is when the demonizing of her started. Bill played a major role helping Hillary when she was Sec of State. Lots of really dumb sexism in this thread, really, some of you sound like my 85 year old grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 262October 19, 2018 7:20 PM

Agreed r262z. The role of First Lady or Man can be defined in any way one wishes — Bill would have redefined it. And it speaks to those posters that they think being First Spouse is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 263October 19, 2018 7:29 PM

R262/263: Hillary might have not been a traditional First Lady but she wasn't the only one. I remember at the time there was just as much resentment about her role in the Clinton administration - remember the interview she gave about how she could have stayed home and baked the cookies - that made her come across as arrogant and dismissive. The simply truth is no one voted her into office, it was Bill Clinton who became President. She insisted that they be seen as a political team because she's always been incredibly ambitious. That's not sexism it's a fact.

A guy like Bill Clinton has a large ego, he wouldn't have got where he did if he didn't. To become a background player in his own wife's administration would be a huge blow to him on a personal level. It's not like he's always been behind the scenes and she's been the one in politics, he was POTUS for Christ sake. In reality he always probably wanted his political legacy to stand on its own, without the competition and comparison of Hillary becoming the first woman President.

by Anonymousreply 264October 19, 2018 8:03 PM

Sounds reasonable, R264, but it's not. None of the cabinet members were voted into office either. The "stay home and bake cookies" remark was after Hillary was pressed relentlessly by a reporter asking why she pursued her career instead of being a governor's wife. It was incredibly stupid, and her answer was edited and she came off looking dismissive. This was just the kind of senseless crap the Republicans went after her for.

by Anonymousreply 265October 19, 2018 8:12 PM

But even stronger was her remark, "You get two for the price of one." As pointed out, we did not elect Hillary Clinton. Early on, Bill tried to give her the healthcare project and she fucked it up so badly that he never let her publicly have another project. She was arrogant at that time as well. She started the healthcare project and never once asked doctors to contribute their input, and so the doctors basically said, "If you're not going to talk with us, we won't accept your stupid healthcare." It was Hillary Clinton that stopped US healthcare dead in its tracks.

by Anonymousreply 266October 19, 2018 8:15 PM

Bill Clinton would have loved to be first husband. He promoted strong women all his life.

by Anonymousreply 267October 19, 2018 8:18 PM

R250, I am glad Hillary is giving you night mares that forced you to post 9 comments in this thread so far.

by Anonymousreply 268October 19, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote]Bill Clinton would have loved to be first husband. He promoted strong women all his life.

He also sexually molested several. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 269October 19, 2018 8:31 PM

Dust off those cankles and tap dance your way back into America’s heart ❤️

by Anonymousreply 270October 19, 2018 8:38 PM

R259 -- once more I welcomes my Americans friend to Datalounge for giving us a good lessons in how to votes. You are very smart to votes for Jill Stein because she is American who loves Russia, but she loves America to just as you do and I do. Thanks you.

by Anonymousreply 271October 19, 2018 8:42 PM

It's a little known secret but Jill Stein went to the same Swiss plastic surgeon as Putin.

by Anonymousreply 272October 19, 2018 8:45 PM

Actually he didn't R269

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 19, 2018 8:51 PM

Didn't Clinton have a long term mistress on the go a couple of years back. I think he had an apartment in harlem where he was more or less living with her. That doesn't sound like they're especially close as couple anymore. I think she had a driving ambition to become President, and that's why she stayed married to him.

I know ex-presidents never separate from their spouses, but I've always thought Bill would have liked to divorce Hillary at some point and move on to a younger woman. It's probably too late now but I think Bill is less invested in the relationship than she is.

by Anonymousreply 274October 19, 2018 9:06 PM

[quote]Her VP is a respected civil rights activist

He actually isn't R244, he is a pro Russian, pro Islamist leftist hypocrite. Exactly the kind of idiot who would attach himself to a misguided Greens politician who loves a misogynist and homophobic pedophile Russian mobster dictator more than the US, NATO and the EU.

by Anonymousreply 275October 19, 2018 9:18 PM

R271 Fuck you! I voted for Dr. Stein in 2012 as well. Did Russia force me to do that too?

Some of us actually believe in the Green party's policies.

by Anonymousreply 276October 19, 2018 9:26 PM

R274 Her name is Julie Tauber McMahon.

by Anonymousreply 277October 19, 2018 9:27 PM

Thanks, r277.

by Anonymousreply 278October 19, 2018 9:35 PM

Lots of assholes on this thread. If you don't like the Clinton's why comment?

And Hillary is not running in 2020. Who the fuck would want to go through that again. I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 279October 20, 2018 4:48 AM

They want to collect even more Clinton Cash.

by Anonymousreply 280October 20, 2018 4:50 AM

like r279 just said, lots of assholes, right r280?

Didn’t you vote for your cult leader because he was sooooooooooo good at deal-making? What the fuck is it to you how they make their money in this season? I thought you Trumpanzees just worship money money money money, so I’m ever so confused about what exactly your fucking problem with this is?

They are circuit speakers . Speakers have fees, and good speakers have good fees, and great speakers can charge HUGE fees. Why shouldn’t they do this? It’s not like they don’t constantly ALSO speak for free? What. Is. Your. Problem?

by Anonymousreply 281October 20, 2018 5:00 AM

R281 Where in that post do you see any problem?

by Anonymousreply 282October 20, 2018 5:06 AM

[quote]And you do know that it was reported that soldiers in the Ukraine were seen wearing nazi helmets?

These were a group of soldiers in east Ukraine fighting against Russian invasion, they had very little to do with the Euromaidan protests, which were pro EU and pro NATO. You are just repeating Putin talking points without realizing that you voted for a politician who is a crook and a traitor.

I hope they throw Jill Stein and her phony human rights activist VP in jail.

by Anonymousreply 283October 20, 2018 6:15 AM

But even stronger was her remark, "You get two for the price of one."

R266, you fucking moron, BILL CLINTON SAID THAT, not Hillary.

Note Al Gore was more than perturbed that Hillary had Bill's ear more than he since Clinton-Gore campaigned as equals, like they'd be co-presidents.

by Anonymousreply 284October 20, 2018 4:26 PM

Two for the price of one was at best a campaign slogan.

The comparison to cabinet positions is flawed. Members of the cabinet have to be approved by the Senate. The First Lady does not.

Just out of curiosity what part of "two for the price of one" and being a team was Bill getting a blow job from Monica Lewinsky?

If Chelsea Clinton has political aspirations her parents need to get off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 285October 20, 2018 5:51 PM

Chelsea really doesn't have the "it" factor to become an elected politician. She should focus on becoming the head of a department (a cabinet member).

by Anonymousreply 286October 20, 2018 5:54 PM

Are you serious R286? Mitch McConnell has the it factor? Or Chuck Schumer?

by Anonymousreply 287October 20, 2018 6:58 PM

Yeah you're right, r287. Chelsea should become a republican.

by Anonymousreply 288October 20, 2018 7:04 PM

Bill and Hillary and their daughter need to disappear from the public and while they're at it they can take Bernie Sanders with them. I wish to never hear from any of them again. They are why we have Trump and the GOP now.

by Anonymousreply 289October 20, 2018 7:14 PM

Mitch McConnell has the "it" factor in the state that he is from. He looks like (and is) a southern, gentle-spoken, racist. That goes over really well there.

Schumer--though a democrat--backs big banks in NY in a way that is disgusting and very republican. But he's the senator from NYC/Wall Street.

Who the hell is Chelsea Clinton? She grew up nowhere: sort of in Arkansas, sort of in DC, now in NYC. She's one of the "homeless" elite. She has no regional ties to anyone/anywhere. She has no likability among any group of people she would need the support of who live in one concentrated geographic region. People don't really warm to her.

But she's smart; she's well-educated; she has the financial stability to chase any whim and the eclat for any door to be opened for her. That's why I say she should shoot for being an appointee, and try to specialize in some particular kind of policy.

by Anonymousreply 290October 20, 2018 7:41 PM

I know that it's unrealistic, but I wish Hillary would run for president in 2020. I love her. I wanted her to be president since 2008 and then again in 2016. I never wanted Barack Obama even though he turned out to be a good president. I am a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. Hillary would have been a brilliant president. She is smart, intelligent and a great leader. It is an enormous regret and misfortune for the country that she will not be president. But if she ever ran again, I would vote for her again.

Hillary is also presidential and has respect for the office, something the current White House resident does not have and of which he is ignorant. The current resident is a thug, slimy criminal and moron. Having said all that, I'm hoping that Kamala Harris or Corey Booker will defeat the current White House resident (see below for my favorite). I think that Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, while capable and good men, are too old and part of the old guard. old faces. We need to move on, and unfortunately from my point of view, we need to move on from Hillary as well.

My hope is that Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington state will run for president. He is smart and a great leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 20, 2018 7:47 PM

After Bill dies, Hillary will run again and win the presidency. Hear that Bill?

by Anonymousreply 292October 20, 2018 8:26 PM

I love that Hillary won't let herself be bullied into silence by idiots like R289 who still refuse to acknowledge that the election was illegitimate.

She keeps speaking up and she keeps fighting for her country and for what is right. Obama meanwhile is probably still on vacation and hoping that people will never find out what a weak assed president he was.

by Anonymousreply 293October 20, 2018 8:39 PM

If Bill had died in 2016 she likely might have won just on the sympathy factor. I kept waiting to see if Hillary would offer him a dish of figs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 20, 2018 8:44 PM

It would be a one of a kind conversation. They lost their high speaking fees from special interests, so this is the only way the can keep accumulating more Clinton Cash.

by Anonymousreply 295October 20, 2018 10:22 PM

Fine 290. She should run for office. I still stand by my original statement. Her parents need to leave the political stage if she wants to enter politics.

by Anonymousreply 296October 20, 2018 11:06 PM

R295 and "Clinton Cash," are you still trying to sell that bullshit book, Peter Schweizer?

by Anonymousreply 297October 21, 2018 2:29 AM

Schweizer's book was full of lies and half truths.

by Anonymousreply 298October 22, 2018 9:52 AM

Imagine paying $400 to hear those grifters speak?

by Anonymousreply 299October 22, 2018 10:14 AM

You're lame R299, you'd have to pay people to come and hear you speak.

by Anonymousreply 300October 22, 2018 10:38 AM

Any reviews from our Canadian friends?

by Anonymousreply 301December 4, 2018 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!