Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The rape allegation against Cristiano Ronaldo will test the limits of the #MeToo movement

The #MeToo movement began a year ago. Today, one of the biggest sports stars in the world is accused of rape. There is a police report, a hospital exam showing injuries, and a document in which Ronaldo himself admits she repeatedly said no. What's next?

All of the evidence that most survivors (understandably) don't have, Mayorga has. She did everything "right." Will it even matter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 1, 2018 4:34 AM

On Wednesday afternoon, Leslie Stovall — the attorney representing Kathryn Mayorga, the woman suing soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo for allegedly raping her in 2009 — stood in front of a room full of reporters in Las Vegas and tried to explain why his client was coming forward now, nine years after the alleged assault occurred.

“The #MeToo movement was very important to Kathryn,” Stovall said. “I think she looks at the women who are involved in the #MeToo movement as heroes.”

Mayorga says that Ronaldo raped her nine years ago, after they met at a Las Vegas night club. She settled with him months later for $375,000 and a promise to stay silent, but now is fighting to have that settlement voided. Der Spiegel first reported on this non-disclosure agreement in 2017, though at the time, they did so without unveiling Mayorga’s name and without her cooperation.

Now, she’s talking. Nine years ago, she believed that staying silent was the best option, that she wouldn’t be able to win a public fight against someone as internationally famous as Ronaldo, that justice would be impossible to come by.

Now, as hard as it is, Mayorga is speaking up because she believes that the world is ready to listen to survivors now, and to take them seriously.

There are small signs that she is right. The Las Vegas Police Department has re-opened its criminal investigation into her report. Nike and EA Sports, two of Ronaldo’s biggest sponsors, say they are “deeply concerned” about the allegations and are “monitoring” the case. Ronaldo won’t be with the Portugese National Team in its friendlies next month, though there’s no definitive proof that decision was based on the allegations.

Still, there are just as many signs that many people are far from ready to listen, much less sympathize. Juventus FC, Ronaldo’s Italian club team, released a statement on Thursday praising his “professionalism and dedication,” and saying that “the events dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion.”

In other words, they’re not denying he might have done this. They simply don’t care if he did.

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2018 2:27 PM

There has undoubtedly been progress over the past year, but the case of Ronaldo is a massive test of the limits of the #MeToo movement.

How does society reckon with the fact that the third-highest paid athlete in the world might be a rapist, if at all? Are sponsors ready to take action beyond vague expressions of general concern? Are clubs willing to stop signing him? Are fans ready to stop cheering for him?

The answer to the latter three questions should undoubtedly be, “yes.” So far, all are no’s.

I’ve covered many allegations of sexual violence against high-profile athletes over the years, and the amount of evidence against Ronaldo is absolutely staggering already. Calling this another instance of “he-said, she-said” or, as Ronaldo put it, “fake news,” would be drastic misrepresentation. Virtually all of the well-worn excuses that apologists typically use to attack the credibility of sexual assault survivors are not at all applicable here.

For a start, there’s absolutely no question of timing. We know that on June 12, 2009, a then 25-year-old Mayorga met Ronaldo in a Las Vegas nightclub. He was a superstar at 24 years old, about to transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid for a record 94 million euros. Paparazzi photos clearly show the two together.

Her description of the subsequent assault is horrific. According to her recent interview with Der Spiegel, she gave him her number when they met in a VIP section, and then he invited her and her friends to a party in the hotel next door. When she arrived, everyone was in the hot tub, but she didn’t want to go in because she didn’t have a bathing suit. Ronaldo offered her some clothes she could get wet, but as she was changing, he walked in with his penis hanging out of his shorts and “basically … begged [Mayorga] to touch his penis for 30 seconds.” When she denied, he begged her to suck it.

She says he told her, “I’ll let you go if you give me a kiss.” So she did. But when she tried to leave after that, he wouldn’t stop grabbing her. He ended up raping her anally, without a condom or lubricant.

“After he assaulted me, he wouldn’t let me leave again,” she told Der Spiegel. “He wouldn’t let me leave. And he was calling me ‘baby, baby.’ He gave me this look, this guilty look. Almost like he felt bad I don’t remember but I’m pretty sure he said ‘sorry’ or ‘Are you hurt?'”

This is Mayorga’s version of events. The “she said” part of the equation. But where the “he said” usually goes, instead lies a convoluted rat’s nest of denial and admission.

Now, of course, he denies the allegations. However, her account doesn’t differ that much from what Ronaldo admitted to in a document obtained by Der Spiegel. It is an early version of a questionnaire that was sent to Ronaldo by Mayorga’s lawyers when they first contacted him about the allegations in the summer of 2009. In a later version of a similar questionnaire, Ronaldo said the sex between them was consensual, and that Mayorga never seemed upset during their encounter.

But in the earlier version, which was e-mailed between Ronaldo’s lawyers in September 2009, Ronaldo says that Mayorga “said ‘no’ and ‘stop’ several times.”

“I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn’t change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn’t want to, but she made herself available,” he wrote. “But she kept saying ‘No.’ ‘Don’t do it.’ ‘I’m not like the others.’ I apologized afterwards.”

Ronaldo says in the document that Mayorga didn’t say anything to him about wanting to go to the police. However, he adds, “She complained that I forced her.” He essentially agreed with her story: He raped her anally, and afterwards, apologized.

This week, Ronaldo professed his innocence, and referred to Mayorga as someone “seeking to promote themselves at my expense.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2018 2:28 PM

But, unlike so many rape cases, this story isn’t based solely on the words of the accuser versus the words of the accused. Because Mayorga told a friend about the rape that very night, and was in so much pain that she called the police the next day to report it. They took her to the hospital, where she was given a rape kit and a drug test, which came back negative.

The police officer who spoke with Mayorga noted that she was extremely upset and did not want to provide the name of her attacker — though she did say that he was a “public figure” and an “athlete.”

At the hospital, her injuries — a circumferential swelling with bruising and a laceration — were photographed, and she was given two antibiotics and released.

Women are often questioned, when they come forward, about why they didn’t tell anyone at the time of the attack; why they didn’t go to the police; why they didn’t go to the hospital for a rape kit. It’s usually understandable why a woman wouldn’t want to do any of these things — they’re extremely, extremely agonizing steps to endure, especially when they so rarely lead to justice. But Mayorga went through all of them anyways.

Now, years later, despite the evidence and an admission, she still isn’t being believed, at least not fully, or by the people who matter most.

The #MeToo movement has been a powerful force to bring survivors out of the shadows and into the light. It’s taken down actors, directors, comedians, newscasters, and even some politicians. We’re seeing its limits in the Supreme Court right now, but Mayorga has the pieces of evidence in her case that Republican Senators argue Dr. Blasey Ford is lacking. Is that going to be enough to get justice, or even to force people to re-think their love and financial support of Ronaldo?

Or, will people simply go out of their way to discredit a survivor when the alternative — believing that someone they root for, or work with, or idolize, or partner with politically, is capable of committing sexual assault — is simply too inconvenient?

Only time will tell whether what happened on June 12, 2009, will have any concrete impact on Ronaldo’s present-day life or lasting legacy. We know that no matter what, Mayorga is going to be living with its effects forever.

“It’s never left her. Every day, she lives it,” Mayorga’s mother, Cheryl Mayorga, told Der Spiegel.

“There were times when she would call me and his — he would be on a billboard or whatever, and she would just completely disintegrate. Having to walk into a store to get a pint of milk, and you’ve got his picture everywhere. (…) He’s the soccer god that everybody thinks is just perfect and flawless. (…) And she can’t even get out of bed some days.”

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2018 2:28 PM

It's not that the average man doesn't believe women. It's that they don't think rape should qualify as a crime.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2018 5:52 PM

Oh, that's bullshit R4.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2018 6:24 PM

What a cunt. What an absolute cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2018 6:28 PM

I hope he’s taken down. He raped someone else too in 2005. And, you know he did. He has all these fixers following these women around, harassing them, learning things about them. He’s a bizarre asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2018 6:32 PM

Can Trump ban Cristiano Ronaldo from ever coming into the US ever again?

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2018 6:34 PM

How big is the victim's cock?

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2018 6:36 PM

Why would Trump do that (R8)? he loves rapists - he's one himself.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2018 6:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2018 6:38 PM

The MeToo didn’t affect Trump at all, nor Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2018 6:47 PM

The movement has seriously been hampered with fake bullshit, if someone groped or lifted your skirt you were not raped stupid fishes, report them so they lose their job not act like you're humanity was violated and you need counseling for ever over it. People have actually been raped and killed those are the people that have or had it bad.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2018 7:01 PM

.. and where are all the #metoo fraus when it’s women who commit sex crimes? Silent. It’s only men they target. They’re hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2018 7:06 PM

Like Katherine, R13. Who was forcibly sodimized by Ronaldo.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2018 7:07 PM

R13 Thank God!

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2018 7:08 PM

R13/R14 is obviously into Cristiano Ronaldo.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2018 7:08 PM

Jesus (R14), that's your response? this 'women do x too' shit seriously is the new 'not all men' -sex crimes are overwhelmingly committed by men and you know it. Rape is a male crime. And women do not go out and forcibly sodomize men on a Saturday night, they just don't, for many reasons - social, psychological and biological. Now fuck off you creep.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2018 7:12 PM

I thought DL said he's gay? Is that why he did anal to her? If it wasn't anal I wonder if she would have been bothered.

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2018 7:14 PM

R19 Yes he's gay

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2018 7:16 PM

What (R19)? You think she might not have minded being raped if he'd raped her vaginally instead?? the problem was that it was rape, and the fact that it was anal rape just exacerbates it. I feel like some people on this thread have a fundamental part of their humanity missing.

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2018 7:17 PM

What, R19?

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2018 7:18 PM

Exactly, R21! Where are these people coming from? Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2018 7:18 PM

Some cesspit I think (R23).

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2018 7:20 PM

Usually one would think he'd get away with it - the rich and famous always seem to. But he and his team have handled this so poorly this week, that it might be different. However, a billion dollar contract with Nike - I bet some lawyers have already made their way to Vegas from Oregon.

The contemporaneous reports are chilling. Him "apologising" afterwards, and saying 99% of him is good, but the 1%...it sounds like something a sociopath would say. And then admitting she was saying no in the questionnaire - just think how arrogant someone must think they are, how untouchable they think they are that you'd admit to that.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2018 7:31 PM

Yeah, if he said that she said no then he's publicly admitted to rape - I can't see how he can go back on that now.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2018 7:36 PM

I don't give two shuts for miss ronaldo btw, and he probably rapped her because he's a self hating homo who wanted to prove to himself his masculinity, he's good looking and a multimilinare women would throw themselves at him he'll, women would try and rape him to get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2018 7:49 PM

If Ronaldo raped me, I wouldn't say no

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2018 8:43 PM

r18 Actually, you don’t know. You’ve made an assumption followed by a blanket assertion: logical fallacy.

In a continuing study within the Department of Defense of sexual assault, 1 in 3 victims come forward now versus 1 in 14 in 2006. Each year during the study, there are changes in patterns of who reports and the types of assults that occur. The extrapolation of the data gathered estimates 8-9% of women experienced sexual assault and 1-3% of men. The study identified that 22-31% of women experienced sexual harassment (repeated requests for dates, touching) as did 5-7% of men. The overall statistic is that 4-6% of both women and men are diagnosed with trauma as a result. The aggressor identification was predominantly heterosexual.

Yet, the fraus here appear to believe only women can be victims and only men can be aggressors and only women can ever be injured as a result of sexual assault.

Facts don’t align with the make believe world some have created to perpetuate a culture of victimology. The many real victims of sexual assault are not served by shake down artists who pursue celebrities and athletes to cry rape in order to give magazine interviews, get pay outs and become fame whores.

That creates doubt for the vast majority of women and men who are real victims of assault, as we have seen these last two weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2018 9:15 PM

I’ve heard of gay men raping women (they also can be domestic abusers, too). I’m curious about the psychology behind this, what is their motivation?! Why?!

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]I’ve heard of gay men raping women

Are you talking about that shitty film Irréversible ?

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2018 9:19 PM

(R29) - Non of the statistic you cited disprove my assertion that sexual crime perpetrators are overwhelmingly male - you're deliberately confusing the issue by casting such a wide net that it APPEARS as though there's any kind of comparison. It's intellectually dishonest to create fuzzy statistics by pretending there is any sort of similarity between 'repeatedly asking for unwanted dates' on the one hand and 'holding a person down and sodomizing them' on the other. It would be laughable if it wasn't so dishonest, and frankly disgusting.

Rape, it clearly bears repeating, is a male crime. In fact, in British law (just for example) it is definitionally a male crime as it is defined as the non-consensual penetration of the mouth, anus or vagina by a penis. Women can be charged with a serious sexual assault (which can carry a comparable sentence) but lets face it for - as I said before, biological, psychological and social reasons, this is like comparing apples and machine guns in terms of statistics.

I certainly have never said that ONLY men can be aggressors in sexual crimes generally - I was very specific with the language used, and in no sense would I EVER imply that only women can be victims of rape itself - I have heard terrible stories of men being raped by men for example. You're not helping any of these men by making it a competition, and you seem not to believe victims anyway - a 'shakedown' FFS! - Renaldo admitted that she said 'no' repeatedly - de facto that is rape - how is that in any way confusing for you?

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2018 9:45 PM

Ronaldo has been quote cavalier throughout these accusations.

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2018 9:50 PM

Quite

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2018 9:50 PM

r32 actually, and again, *he* hasn’t. You have a german magazine article (or at least the assertion of a german magzine article) to which he stipulated consensual sex - not rape. That she waited 9 years to reopen charges? I smell a famewhore.

The 2005 incident? charges dropped for lack of evidence. Seems like the fraus are stuck on the notion “but if we say it’s RAPE it must be RAPE”. You have to play by the same rule of evidence and the same rule of law.

That you don’t like facts? Feh. Too bad. Women don’t always tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2018 9:56 PM

Demi Moore is a pedo but unlike Spacey she's still working in Hollywood and she still has fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2018 9:57 PM

And that's the problem isn't it (R35)? Your position seems to be consistently not to believe women. Are you really saying that because 'he' didn't call it rape it can't be rape? OF COURSE he didn't self-identify as a rapist. And for the 2005 incident - do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a conviction? because the case was dropped doesn't mean he didn't do it - you accuse women of automatically believing and yet you automatically disbelieve. The fact is that a very tiny minority of allegations are false, we know this, so consistently assuming women are lying is another dishonest position to take.

Also you consistently call women 'fraus' so I think that tells us something about how well-disposed you are to be objective (ie. not at all). And to be honest I don't know why the fuck I'm humouring you in this.. You seem to be slightly hysterical in your compulsion NOT to believe victims.

Also 'the rule of law'? - yep very few rapists end up in jail, that is a terrible injustice, but it doesn't mean they didn't do it - I think you're getting really confused here. Assuming because someone isn't in jail already that they aren't a rapist??

And you havne't responded to my point about you intellectual dishonesty re: the statistics - or are those the 'facts' you were referring to.....?

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2018 10:13 PM

[QUOTE]actually, and again, *he* hasn’t. You have a german magazine article (or at least the assertion of a german magzine article) to which he stipulated consensual sex - not rape

Why lie? His response to a question posed by his own lawyers:

[QUOTE][bold]She said stop or no several times. She said that she doesn't want to[/bold], but she has made herself available. Afterwards I apologized. But she never screamed.

By his own words, she said no and to stop. He continued. How is that not rape? How can you even pretend that constitutes consent?

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2018 10:21 PM

It's very suspect isn't it (R38), why would someone (R35) want to claim something that was clearly rape, following the description of the perpetrator himself, was not rape? What would motivate them?

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2018 10:26 PM

R37 touched a never, did we fraulein? Look at you, just whipping out “intellectual dishonesty”. You handwave a magzine article as “proof”. I don’t think you quite understand the concepts you assert. Stick to concepts you might understand. The big ones like “what makes a prosecutable case?” And “what kind of weak cases undermine public perception of sexual assault?” This one’s a doozy.

24 year old woman, divorced after less than a year of marriage. Working as a hostess in a highclub where she’s supposed to dress and act in a sexually agressive way. The same club that was later investigated and fined for drugs and prostitution. You see where this could be a problem for the prosecution .

Since she gave her interview, all her statements are wide open for the defense to use against her. For example, why did she go back a hotel with a man whose name she didn’t know? Had she done this before? Was this expected behavior by her employer? (The drugs and prostitution investigation)

If she didn’t know the man’s name, how was it they came to be in communication after she filed the complaint? The LV Police say they didn’t follow up on her complaint. So - who initiated communication. Did she request the compensation? All her actions undermine the credibility of her complaint. Why did she accept compensation instead of pursuing the complaint.

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2018 11:16 PM

R40 where did you come from—twitter?

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2018 11:26 PM

I think I touched a nerve actually (R40) since I'm the one being calm and reasonable and presenting logical arguments while you call me names.... You seem to still be very muddled. You're confusing 'what the defence would use against her' with 'did he rape her/is she lying' - these are two VERY different things, as I made clear to you above. I don't know why you can't see the difference.But I am going to try and explain it to you in a way you might be able to understand:

Say I killed a man, but I had a very good alibi (a respected member of the community agreed to lie for me), there was no forensic evidence and I did not fit the profile of a murderer. The prosecution might have a weak case, but would that mean I hadn't committed murder? I'll give you a clue - no it wouldn't. That's the logic you are presenting - that because he hasn't been convicted before, because the defence will use x or y against her so he didn't do it....can you see the issue here?

Except his defence would be nothing like the one I outlined below. He himself told his lawyers that she repeatedly said no, and the circumstances are very very different to my 'solid defence' above. And surely you're not implying that a woman who is allied with a club with possible prostitution connections can't be raped? surely you're not implying that a woman who goes back to a man's room can't be raped? surely you're not that ignorant are you? are you??

Also, when you're refusing to address any of the issues I raised about your dodgy statistics, pretending that you're in a position to patronise me (classic misogynist behaviour) is very transparent - you're failing lovely and so you're getting nasty with it. The nastier you get the more obvious it is that you're losing the argument - as I'm sure you will illustrate again in your next reply.

However, I won't read your next reply as I'm blocking you. You carry on making yourself look like a fool if you wish, I've wasted enough time humouring you tonight darling. I've got more important things to do right now like reading about social science analysis methods, which is very apposite - I think you should take a class on interpreting statistics!

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2018 11:35 PM

R41 Seems they came from the 1950s, given the fact the comment about her divorce. Married less than a year? Oh well, she deserved it then.

[QUOTE]For example, why did she go back a hotel with a man whose name she didn’t know?

This is a lie. She knew who he was. And she went up to his suite - given they were already in the hotel - with a group of people.

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2018 11:36 PM

There are quite a few people who have not read this story, R42.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2018 11:38 PM

Oh that's brilliant, I pressed the block button and immediately all of (R40)'s nasty little messages just disappeared. What as sad individual!

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2018 11:39 PM

What do you mean (R44), which story?

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2018 11:41 PM

I assume R44 means this, the Der Spiegel article with Kathryn Mayorga which details everything

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2018 11:55 PM

Why would a gay guy rape a woman? Hoax!

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2018 11:58 PM

Ah right, of course. I was confused because I wasn't sure what point the commenter was trying to make. My reply at (R42) was to someone who was definitely aware of the story and it's contents - he recognised what myself and other posters were telling him as from the article and alluded to it himself. Anyway, never mind, that discussion is over thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2018 12:03 AM

I'm coming out

I want the world to know

Got to let it show

I'm coming out

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2018 12:15 AM

R49 I think their point was the level of ignorance in some posts here suggest quite a few people haven't read it. I think that does include R40 given the amount of lies they've been telling. It's aware of its existence, but clearly not the content.

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2018 12:18 AM

Yeah true, (R51) but then again I think (R40) and others are just determined not to believe her and/or not to take rape allegations by women seriously, so lack of information per se isn't the issue - it's more terrible logic, an inability to reason, and just general contempt for women/good old-fashioned misogyny.

But thanks for posting to article - more information can't hurt, although I doubt it would persuade those with the above mindset.

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2018 12:28 AM

To any of the idiots wondering why a "gay male would possibly rape a female" THINK- Rape is NOT a crime of Sexual passion, it is about one individual's attempt to dominate and control another, gender and sexuality have nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote]But Mayorga went through all of them anyways.

Oh DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2018 12:50 AM

[quote]dominate and control

and humiliate

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2018 12:50 AM

The police officer who spoke with Mayorga noted that she was extremely upset and did not want to provide the name of her attacker — though she did say that he was a “public figure” and an “athlete.”

At the hospital, her injuries — a circumferential swelling with bruising and a laceration — were photographed, and she was given two antibiotics and released.

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2018 12:53 AM

One of Enty's items:

[quote]We are getting really close to the I am gay defense for this foreign born permanent A+ list athlete who is much less known here in North America. I think he would be willing to out himself. He has spoken about it before. Cristiano Ronaldo.

Won't work. If he was in the room with her at the time it happened he's done. If he can prove he wasn't, the defense can suggest she was raped, but by someone else, and has decided to pin it on him. Expect lots of perjury if it gets to court.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2018 2:03 AM

Um, okay forget all that. I just read the article.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2018 2:06 AM

r30, are you serious? Closeted self-hating homos are angry - angry at the world, angry at themselves. They need to unleash that aggression on the vulnerable. They come in many guises: schoolyard bullies, gay bashers, rapists, right-wing bible thumpers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 59October 7, 2018 2:09 AM

Closeted gay men are dangerous and unhinged, absolutely. But, I’ve never heard of them raping women, but apparently they do exist. Or, maybe bisexual men. I mean, you have to get it up.

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2018 2:10 AM

But straight men can rape other men (R60), so I don't think ability to maintain an erection is dependent upon the usual sexual attractions of the person - with the other motivators of dominance and aggression coming to the fore in rape - or why else would closeted gay men be able to sleep with their wives for years?

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2018 2:14 AM

That’s very true, R61.

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2018 2:15 AM

Oh here we go, the posters whose only concern over a woman being raped is trying to reassure themselves that their celebrity gaydar isn't faulty.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2018 2:18 AM

Kathryn Mayorga kinds looks like Badr Hari with long hair 🤔

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2018 2:24 AM

Not sure if you're including my comment at (R61) in that (R63)? but I can assure you that my only concern in explaining this is to ensure people don't believe myths about rape and make false assumptions that can lead to disbelieving victims, on the basis of perpetrator's assumed/declared sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2018 2:25 AM

I know this is bad but I don't want him to get in any more trouble related to this because he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2018 2:29 AM

What’s the story at R57? Where’s that from—is that a BI?

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2018 2:29 AM

Most don’t like him R66 here.

by Anonymousreply 68October 7, 2018 2:30 AM

I don’t think the MeToo movement can reach international levels. I think this will be forgotten because women are treated differently in other countries, especially in countries Ronaldo is popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2018 12:09 PM

Yeah, we know that other countries reserve names and categories like "putas" for women whom they believe stand for and deserve rape by their very existence, but Nike HQ is in the U.S, where he should kiss his Billion dollar contract good-bye.

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2018 12:31 PM

Hopefully, R70. That would be wonderful. That would be justice and the right thing for Nike to do. Ronaldo has been arrogant throughout all of this. Does Nike want this image?

by Anonymousreply 71October 7, 2018 12:33 PM

Since when is Nike an ethical company? Are people really fooled by the Kaepernick stuff? If they were concerned about doing the right thing his contract would've been terminated the second they read "She said that she didn’t want to". But they know they can get away with it, because Ronaldo is their big star in the countries like those R70 talked about, and so this won't hurt him - or them - there.

by Anonymousreply 72October 7, 2018 12:44 PM

No, you’re right, R72. Nike is garbage, imo. The Kaepernick thing with his non-voting is what brought us Trump—so, I don’t have faith in Nike. But, I would hope they do the right thing. They should have dropped him with the confession he made about the “she said no and stop multiple times”.

by Anonymousreply 73October 7, 2018 12:49 PM

EA did the right thing. I hope they kerp him dropped.

by Anonymousreply 74October 7, 2018 12:50 PM

I guess the only thing standing between Ronaldo and his billion dollar contract is his DNA in a rape kit in Las Vegas. Unlike so many, the woman went to the hospital afterwards due to much pain and tearing. There is evidence of trauma and probably smears containing Ronaldo's genetic leftovers in her anus and anal cavity. Unless his lawyers can get into the Clark County evidence locker to steal or tamper with he rape kit which was indeed taken, Cristiano is toast.

by Anonymousreply 75October 7, 2018 12:55 PM

It would make me so happy if he went to prison (R75) - he really needs to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 76October 7, 2018 12:59 PM

Me too. He’s awful. If not that, then his billion dollar contract.

by Anonymousreply 77October 7, 2018 1:04 PM

After yesterday, I don't think straight rape by a non-Black male is illegal anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 78October 7, 2018 1:05 PM

R29

Go back to your Menist forum where you and the other Goblins can continue to circlejerk of rape fantasies. Fucking clown

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2018 1:20 PM

Will that happen R75? Does anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2018 1:22 PM

Well, the DA reopened the case now that the perpetrator is named.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement Monday that it had reopened an investigation into a report of a rape of a woman who says her attacker was the soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo.

The police department, in response to queries from news organizations, issued the statement saying it was once again investigating the case and following up on information provided by the victim, though it did not name the woman or any suspect.

The woman, Kathryn Mayorga, filed a lawsuit against Ronaldo, the Portuguese star who plays for the Italian club Juventus, on Thursday in Clark County, Nev. She said that she was paid $375,000 by Ronaldo to settle her claims and that she had signed a nondisclosure agreement.

A number of documents that Mayorga’s representatives say support her allegation have been published in the German magazine Der Spiegel. Ronaldo’s legal team called their publication “blatantly illegal.”

In a statement, Christian Schertz, a lawyer for Ronaldo, threatened Der Spiegel and any news organization that might repeat its reporting, citing Ronaldo’s privacy:

“The reporting in Spiegel is blatantly illegal. It violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way. This is an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy. It would therefore already be unlawful to reproduce this reporting. We have been instructed to immediately assert all existing claims under press law against Spiegel, in particular compensation for moral damages in an amount corresponding to the gravity of the infringement, which is probably one of the most serious violations of personal rights in recent years.”

Schertz did not directly challenge the rape allegation; Ronaldo called it “fake news” in an Instagram video.

Mayorga said the attack occurred early in the morning on June 13, 2009, in a suite in the Palms Place Hotel. Ronaldo, who was in the midst of a blockbuster transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid, met Mayorga at a Las Vegas nightclub and invited her and others back to his suite.

According to the lawsuit, Mayorga reported the assault to the police later that day and received a medical examination, during which evidence was collected in what is sometimes known as a rape kit. A Las Vegas police spokeswoman confirmed that Mayorga had filed a report on July 13, 2009 and was examined, but said she did not name the person who was accused. The case was reopened at Mayorga’s request last month.

Last year, Der Spiegel reported the existence of the settlement. The magazine had received documents — including an unsigned copy of the settlement and a six-page letter Mayorga wrote to Ronaldo as part of it — through Football Leaks, a WikiLeaks-like website that has publicly released scores of confidential soccer-related documents. Der Spiegel said they had repeatedly contacted Mayorga in advance of publication, but she refused to speak.

At the time, Ronaldo’s agency called the report “journalistic fiction” and threatened to sue Der Spiegel.

On Friday, Der Spiegel published a follow-up article, which was done with extensive participation from Mayorga and additional documentary evidence. She told Der Spiegel she was breaking her nondisclosure agreement because new lawyers she had hired did not believe it to be valid. She also said she had been inspired by the #MeToo movement.

The additional documents Der Spiegel obtained include the report from medical examination and correspondence between Ronaldo’s lawyers. The report says Mayorga was treated at the hospital for two hours, and that her injuries were photographed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2018 1:52 PM

(contineued)

The correspondence between Ronaldo’s lawyers includes a questionnaire and answers submitted by Ronaldo, his brother-in-law and his cousin, who were with him on the night in question. According to Der Spiegel, there were multiple versions of answers to the questionnaire. In one, Ronaldo answered that Mayorga “said no and stop several times” and that “she said that she didn’t want to, but made herself available.” Those answers are not in later questionnaires.

Mayorga’s lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall, cited his client’s legal complaint, physical evidence of assault, the questionnaire and settlement agreement as evidence that Mayorga’s claims were not “fake news.”

Stovall also vowed to “publicize how ‘fixers’ cover up and enable sexual assaults by the wealthy and famous.”

by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2018 1:52 PM

With reference to his "fixers" that run around after him, sweeping up his mayhem, the primary and most successful one, Max Clifford is dead and gone. Notably, he died in prison after having been found guilty of assaulting a variety of underage girls. A classic case of "It takes one to know one"

[quote]Clifford was arrested at his home on 6 December 2012 by Metropolitan Police officers on suspicion of sexual offences; the arrest was part of Operation Yewtree which was set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.[32][33] He was taken to a central London police station for questioning.[34][35] The two alleged offences dated from 1977.[36]

[quote]On 26 April 2013, he was charged with a further eleven indecent assaults between 1966 and 1985 on girls and women aged 14 to 19.[37] Clifford claimed the allegations were "completely false".[38]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2018 1:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2018 1:59 PM

Results of "Max Clifford Ronaldo bisexual" Google search. Clifford was a fixer to many stars. At least he got his due.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2018 2:02 PM

I believe he's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2018 2:06 PM

He probably mistook an American woman for Russian woman who is expected to take it up the ass or violently down the throat, depending on her "beauty" or who does or doesn't protect her. I suspect many Russian fathers there pimp their own daughters out as an asset for their "companies" as one's own blood is cheaper than hiring professionals.

by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2018 3:37 PM

I don’t even know what to say to R87.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2018 3:42 PM

Agreed (R88). What is most disturbing is that (R87) seemed to enjoy creating that detailed description....or why else did he use such description and qualitative language.

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2018 3:49 PM

It was just a way to place blame on the female. First prostitute, now Russian—what’s next?

by Anonymousreply 90October 7, 2018 3:51 PM

It was just anal? There was no vaginal penetration?

by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2018 3:51 PM

We have Russian trolls, now Ronaldo trolls.

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2018 3:54 PM

R88/R90 - My father put me in that position as a teen for peanuts and some property and cash (cash which eventually went to relatives in an other country). I was not allowed to date or associate with teen boys my own age, lest I be considered a "whore,' but servicing my uncle was an expectation so as not to be disinherited.

Why would I not believe it happens in a more crass culture that would do the same to their own daughters if millions or billions were involved?

I brought up the concept of "puta." Don't you grasp it?

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2018 4:16 PM

I'd be curious to hear a description of how exactly a woman could assault a man. If it's a child victim, that I understand. IF drugs are involved, well I sort of understand. If assault occurs in prison, I sort of understand. But the high numbers suggest more than this. So, please explain, anyone

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2018 4:20 PM

So this whole thread has gone dead, for some reason

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2018 4:41 PM

Some really shocking comments on YouTube by straight guys. She was either a hooked who, somehow deserved it. Like being a hooker means you're forbidden to say no to anything?or its a conspiracy. Hateful pigs. It shows just how much some men hate women. I'd love to know what they'd say if a gay man raped a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2018 4:50 PM

there was another thread about this topic already ffs.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2018 4:55 PM

There’s two threads going. This is the new Aaron Hernandez.

by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]}So this whole thread has gone dead, for some reason

After nearly a hundred threads, it must be that sought-after, insecure VPL, muscular aggressive victim of all victims Aaron Hernandez that gets DL every single, fucking time. Poor Aaron and his slippery bar of soap.

by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Seriously, I mean that Susan Colllins cunt gets to linger on in the Northeast while poor, poor Aaron who only killed men to hide his homosexuality is STILL DEAD, and took his VPL with HIM!!!!

by Anonymousreply 100October 7, 2018 7:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2018 10:43 PM

[quote]I'd be curious to hear a description of how exactly a woman could assault a man.

Well, r94, the same way a man assaults a woman without using force -- by using the victim's social conditioning against them. Most boys are taught to NEVER EVER HIT A WOMAN. Using their physical advantage to defend themselves from unwanted touching goes against deeply ingrained socialization. Combine that with the idea that straight men are constantly horny and up for available pussy and it's easy for me to imagine a straight guy not feeling comfortable defending himself, or reiterating his "no" in the face of female sexual aggression. A guy who goes off to hook up with a gal and then changes his mind isn't going to find a sympathetic audience if he physically fights her off when she doesn't take his "no" seriously.

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2018 1:28 AM

I really can't fathom that this is happening to someone of his Cristiano's level. There are only a few at his level of success and athletic fame -- Messi, Tom Brady, Lebron, and that's about it.

Is he going down over this or what???

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2018 3:01 AM

What message does this send? He had anal with a girl (s) without lube, and with them saying NO, STOP. That’s torturous—yes?

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2018 3:16 AM

R103, I don’t think anyone—certainly not anyone in the media—can figure out how to process this.

And I think the message his alleged actions send, R104, is “I really want to hurt you in a horrible and unforgettable way.”

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2018 3:18 AM

The people around him aren’t helping. He has a sister, he has a daughter, his mother has a daughter and theyre all so insensitive. I get that women don’t support women, I wish it was the case.

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2018 3:33 AM

r106 2 daughters actually, one of the twins and the other one he had with her gf a bit later.

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2018 3:54 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2018 4:18 AM

Nike still hasn’t distanced itself from Ronaldo despite three women coming forward. Nike is revealing itself to be a shameful company—on top of celebratng a man who’s never voted. The non-voters brought us Trump.

by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2018 5:37 AM

Colin Kaepernick was even accused of rape. Normal people are not accused of these things. Who knows what happened to that woman who accused Kaepernick, but intimidation tactics are used to instill fear into these women and they disappear. Look at everything that’s happened with that Kathryn who was followed around by Ronaldo’s people. Nike’s track record is gross. It seems like Nike’s demographic treats women like shit. You can’t draw any other conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2018 5:47 AM

How do you have anal sex without lube? Doesn’t it hurt the guy as well?

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2018 6:23 AM

He's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2018 6:35 AM

The Nike crowd refers to women as “bitches” and “hoes”.

by Anonymousreply 113October 9, 2018 12:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2018 1:09 PM

Why are you making this about his girlfriend and what she's wearing (R114)? she didn't rape anyone. I don't see why, even when objecting to the worst instances of male violence, men still look for opportunities to blame women.

by Anonymousreply 115October 9, 2018 1:25 PM

Okay, blocked ^^. She OR he are taking this matter seriously.

by Anonymousreply 116October 9, 2018 1:26 PM

Not taking this matter seriously.

by Anonymousreply 117October 9, 2018 1:27 PM

The people around him will end him much sooner than any allegation. The mother and sister, the girlfriend, who’s father isa convicted drug lord.

by Anonymousreply 118October 9, 2018 1:30 PM

Three more women come forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 9, 2018 1:35 PM

He comes across as completely insane, quite honestly. Dangerous, probably bisexual, does whatever he likes, covers up his criminality with his money.

by Anonymousreply 120October 9, 2018 1:37 PM

[quote]He has a sister, he has a daughter, his mother has a daughter and theyre all so insensitive. I get that women don’t support women, I wish it was the case.

It's good that you get that, because it's a simple fact of life. Good people behave well. Bad people - male AND female - behave like cunts.

by Anonymousreply 121October 9, 2018 1:40 PM

They are disgusting people. That whole group.

by Anonymousreply 122October 9, 2018 1:42 PM

It's more complex than that though (R21) internalised misogyny, just like internalised homophobia, is one of the central mechanisms of structural oppression. The over-identification with male abusers and lack of solidarity with other women, is one example of this.

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2018 1:45 PM

They seem very arrogant. Very untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2018 1:46 PM

On the contrary (R16) - it's very much you who isn't taking it seriously. What a surprise that when I blocked the comment making it all about his girlfriend's tights your comments below also disappeared - very much a case of projection, accusing the other person of what you were doing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2018 2:29 PM

More sexism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2018 2:43 PM

Surely he has to convicted over this?

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2018 2:53 PM

r127 In an ideal world or if he were just a nobody, surely

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2018 3:03 PM

Ladies Don't ever go into a hotel room unaccompanied and get naked in a sexually charged hotel room with alcohol and probably drugs and guys that have raging testosterone period. Don't ever go to a hotel house party ever unless you are accompanied or prepared to play the game. Don't be naive and stupid. I found myself naked in a hotel in Miami with 2 soccer players and a NY ballet dude and a couple other guys. Alcohol and Drugs were everywhere. I knew what the game was and yes I wanted to play and yes. The ballet dude with a pistol tattooed on each thigh had the most amazing body ever. It was so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2018 3:10 PM

R129, she went with a group (her friends). Ronaldo followed her when she went to change alone. Do you just want to blame her? And, are you a gay man—because you fulfill every stereotype of a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2018 3:16 PM

r129 Just because you're a slut, doesn't mean everyone is. Also you were in equal avantage with the other men if you wanted to fight them or defend yourself, women are at a disadvantage, even more with one of the best athletes in the world, she must've been easily overpowered by him.

And she went to change her clothes ALONE, the creep followed her. But continue to blame the victim, after all what can we expect of someone who think "guys have raging testosterone" as if we are fucking animals in mate season and that somehow justifies rape.

I'm glad you're gay and I hope you'll never are in charge to raise a girl, or kids in general, because you're just like those straight pigs who think women are to serve men and therefore sex is entitled to them.

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2018 3:25 PM

Thanks (R313) for posting that reply - now I don't have to engage with (R129), who seems to have also missed the point that even if someone does consent to one form of sex it is not blanket consent for anything a man wants to do to you.

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote]she gave him her number when they met in a VIP section, and then he invited her and her friends to a party in the hotel next door. When she arrived

It’s like she never watched “Showgirls”

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2018 3:39 PM

I stand corrected. I should have said Never go back to a hotel room with some one or any one you don't know even if you are in a group. Never. Male or Female. Don't trust anyone in a setting like that. Vegas is one of the wildest most evil places in the world. Debauchery is everywhere. Parents tell your children there are evil people everywhere. Buy your daughters a gun.

by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2018 3:52 PM

Ladies Boycott Vegas and Males.

by Anonymousreply 135October 9, 2018 4:02 PM

R143 You're such a pathetic piece of shit, now moving the goalposts once you find out that Kathryn didn't do what you tried to suggest she did. Anything to blame the victim, eh?

by Anonymousreply 136October 9, 2018 5:23 PM

He will never be extradited to the US to face these charges

by Anonymousreply 137October 9, 2018 8:41 PM

Why is that R137?

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2018 8:45 PM

If he’s not, then this will weaken any if these kinds of movements, and Trump and his like will be voted in again and again because people would have given up. What’s the point in coming foward?

by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2018 8:51 PM

R139, that's much too extreme. Extradition can be a lengthy and highly political process. Italy isn't absolutely required to arrest and extradite Cristiano just because the U.S. presents an arrest warrant. The person facing extradition can contest the process as well, delaying things even further. And, as has been pointed out elsewhere, Cristiano could defeat an extradition attempt by moving back to Portugal, since most countries refuse to extradite their own citizens to face foreign charges.

by Anonymousreply 140October 9, 2018 9:37 PM

R130, she did not go with a group of friends. She went with 1 other friend...did you read the article?

by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2018 9:45 PM

I don't blame her for going into the hotel room. I blame her for being so stupid to sign that piece of paper. She should sue her lawyer for malpractice. She got peanuts for being raped in the ass. I would have pressed charges for sure. I didn't read anywhere that she went to hospital and did a rape kit etc...is that why she got so little money? If there were concrete proof, his DNA in her ass, blood etc, she would have gotten millions.

I don't doubt this happened. He is a superstar, he isn't used to people saying no to him.

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2018 9:49 PM

She went to hospital because she was in pain (R142), they examined her, she spoke to police (didn't give his name at the time - but said he was a famous sports player), they documented injuries and did a rape kit. They have plenty of evidence to pursue him now. I think, from what I read, she signed the paper to make it go away - she didn't want her name out there either, even though she was the victim that is completely understandable but she feels stronger now.

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2018 10:02 PM

She went into hiding shortly after bectof Ronaldo’s people following her around. They went through her personal life, uncoverered tickets/citations she received. They are very much like Scientologists.

by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2018 10:19 PM

The “CR7” cult is Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2018 10:21 PM

Cristiano loves coming to America. He can’t just hide in Portugal for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2018 12:20 AM

Maybe Ronaldo should come out gay like Kevin Spacey did … worth a try ..

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2018 1:18 AM

I barely know nor care who this guy is. I don’t think the majority of Americans do either. He seems popular on DL though.

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2018 1:28 AM

R148, you must live under a rock.

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2018 1:39 AM

Are they mocking the rape victims? This the most press that poor man’s Kim Kardashian has ever gotten. These two are repugnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 10, 2018 2:38 AM

Thry can fake the funk all they want to, but this is killing Cristiano. He cares more about his image than the glorified surrogate whore in those pics, who could disappear with the snap of a finger. The public's perception of him is vital to his well being. For people to be out there calling him a rapist is saddening to his spirit. Worrying about extradition to the US? Potential prison time? These are not the things he wants swirling around him. He’s highly stressed right now.

by Anonymousreply 151October 10, 2018 2:49 AM

So after 9 years she spent the 375k and needs more. My friend got 12 million from her father that raped her in Montgomery Al. The Dad was worth 60 million. Judge Helen Shores Lee figured all the 5 kids were abused so she awarded her 1/5 th of her part of the estate. This girl should have held out for at least 3.75 million. Just saying. Her attorney sucks.

by Anonymousreply 152October 10, 2018 5:59 AM

Didn't someone say the Statue of limitations in AZ is 3 or 4 years? So he can't be charged. He should just pay her money to shut her up for life.

by Anonymousreply 153October 10, 2018 6:04 AM

R152, she's suing to void her prior agreement, on the grounds that Cristiano broke one of its terms.

But I am baffled as to why he's just letting the story stay out there, festering. He could have just immediately given her more money.

by Anonymousreply 154October 10, 2018 12:52 PM

They are all lies, lies, lies! The man is gay!

by Anonymousreply 155October 10, 2018 1:06 PM

A shame that he'd rather be known as a rapist than as a gay man. One thing is for sure, Ronaldo is a mean mutherfucker. I'm sure he will be cutting off his current baby mama like any other bitch on the street in no time.

by Anonymousreply 156October 10, 2018 1:22 PM

I'll take #metoo more seriously when they start screaming for Bill Clintons head on a spike.

They've been totally silent on that score...hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 157October 10, 2018 2:26 PM

[quote]R152], she's suing to void her prior agreement, on the grounds that Cristiano broke one of its terms.

Funny, the same thing happened to Peyton Manning after he sexually assaulted that sports doc at UT. After her settlement they both signed a NDA, which Manning broke to badmouth the woman in the press. She sued and won. Manning did it AGAIN a few years later in the book he co-wrote with his dad. She sure AGAIN and won. He’s lucky he got out of sports when he did, fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 158October 10, 2018 2:57 PM

*sued AGAIN and won

by Anonymousreply 159October 10, 2018 2:58 PM

Bill Clinton? He's probably already paid them all off by this point, he's made millions giving speeches.

by Anonymousreply 160October 10, 2018 3:04 PM

Juanita/r157 shouldn’t you be on twitter shitting on Dr Ford and all of the women that accused trump of assault.

by Anonymousreply 161October 10, 2018 3:25 PM

Paula Jones was pretty much broke after setting with Clinton r160. Most of her settlement went to attorneys and her and husband we’re divorcing close to the same time which is why she posed for penthouse and did celebrity boxing with Tonya Harding .

by Anonymousreply 162October 10, 2018 3:28 PM

R153, this took place in Nevada, not Arizona, and in Nevada there is no statute of limitations for rape as long as a "written report" of the attack was made within four years of the event. She went to the police and submitted her account within a day of the attack, so for Cristiano the limitations period is not a defense.

by Anonymousreply 163October 10, 2018 3:58 PM

If the statute of limitations had expired then Crissy wouldn’t be sitting with his million dollar lawyers pondering a return to Portugal to escape US extradition. Hell, we wouldn’t even be discussing this right now.

by Anonymousreply 164October 10, 2018 4:17 PM

EA dropped Ronaldo from advertisements but Nike is still “concerned”.

by Anonymousreply 165October 10, 2018 4:28 PM

Could you imagine pretty boy Crissy in a Nevada state prison for 10 years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 10, 2018 4:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 10, 2018 4:46 PM

r167 Let's see how he can prove that. Real Madrid were actually lucky to get rid of him before all this mess

by Anonymousreply 168October 10, 2018 4:50 PM

That’s what they say—that he has blamed them or will.

by Anonymousreply 169October 10, 2018 4:54 PM

And, the “innocent until oroven guilty” comment are so funny. He already acknowledged that he forcibly had anal sex with her. It’s out there and documented. That’s guilt. She said no and stop. That’s rape.

by Anonymousreply 170October 10, 2018 4:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 10, 2018 7:04 PM

Where exactly did he admit everything to the Las Vegas police? Links to documents. If he admitted to the police that he raped a woman, why didn't they arrest him?

by Anonymousreply 172October 10, 2018 7:08 PM

I'm just shocked he raped a woman.

by Anonymousreply 173October 10, 2018 7:09 PM

R172, he admitted it to his attorneys. Der Spiegel obtained confidential documents from his attorneys' files and published them.

by Anonymousreply 174October 10, 2018 7:12 PM

How come nobody else has published these files?

by Anonymousreply 175October 10, 2018 7:30 PM

R174, link to these files please.

I'm still baffled as to why the Las Vegas police would let him go if he admitted to raping a woman, especially when that woman had been to hospital.

by Anonymousreply 176October 10, 2018 7:31 PM

R176, he never spoke to the Las Vegas police. The admission is in the attached document; it's a questionnaire from his lawyers.

R175, the questionnaire has been quoted repeatedly by numerous news outlets all over the world. It was released exclusively to Der Spiegel by the Football Leaks site, which has obtained and released many confidential sports documents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 10, 2018 7:47 PM

Hi R176,

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 10, 2018 7:54 PM

Bullshi, r50 - the amount of times when someone rapes someone they're not sexually attracted to (outside of a prison setting) is miniscule. You may have noticed that Bill Cosby raped dozens of women - not 50/50 women and men. Why do you think that is?

by Anonymousreply 179October 10, 2018 7:58 PM

^I meant r53, not r50.

by Anonymousreply 180October 10, 2018 7:59 PM

R177, why on earth would his lawyers make him answer such a questionnaire, and in writing too? It's an unusual practice for lawyers. Have these documents been authenticated, or did they just somehow manage to be leaked by someone associated with his lawyers?

by Anonymousreply 181October 10, 2018 8:23 PM

I'm just not clear on why Ronaldo's lawyers would ask him to make such statements nor why, if he denied the accusations, he would make a statement - and in writing - saying that he forced himself on this woman. None of this makes sense. Why would Mayorga only ask for a payoff (and for such a small amount) if he had basically admitted it? Can someone please explain this, especially the why he would admit in writing that he raped her and why his lawyers asked him to answer such questions in writing.

by Anonymousreply 182October 10, 2018 8:30 PM

This guy is gay, these allegations of supposed women who got abused by him are insane.

by Anonymousreply 183October 10, 2018 8:31 PM

I don’t know R182. Maybe he didn’t consult his lawyers first. It was an error in judgment perhaps. I think police released those statements. They let him go probably because be’s a big star.

by Anonymousreply 184October 10, 2018 9:06 PM

Or, R181. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 185October 10, 2018 9:07 PM

IF is he is gay, he needs to come out. Take a year off. Go to rehab. Come back. He’s only 33. But, he forced himself on this woman and the wouldn’t let her go after.

by Anonymousreply 186October 10, 2018 9:09 PM

Everything being asked about the questionnaire has already been answered in the Der Spiegel articles, so if you want to know the answers, look those up. Though it's more likely this is just an attempt by R182 to try and make the questionnaire answers look made up.

by Anonymousreply 187October 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Oh well look here. At the same time we have a poster trying to question the authenticity of the documents, Ronaldo's lawyers are claiming they're fake. You trolls should at least try and make your timing look natural, rather than so baldy coordinated.

Of course, if they were faked, then the legal action against Der Spiegel would've actually been taken. Instead it's just been constant empty threats. Also, if they were fake, you think they might've mentioned that sooner. They know that those documents damn Ronaldo and now they're trying to undermine them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 10, 2018 9:19 PM

He's the most unattractive man of his age and build alive. Always thought so. And look carefully at pictures. There's CR, and then there's a VERY good hired impersonator. I'm sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 189October 10, 2018 9:52 PM

why would those lawyer documents be published? wouldn't that be illegal? What kind of stupid lawyer would do such a thing?! I would sue for malpractice!

by Anonymousreply 190October 10, 2018 10:12 PM

R188, I wonder how "the documents are fake" claim will be coordinated with the "Real Madrid is plotting to ruin my life" theory that his team is also putting out there. Maybe "Real Madrid hired hackers who worked with German media to ruin to my life"? Yeah, that will work . . .

by Anonymousreply 191October 10, 2018 10:20 PM

Good call R188.

by Anonymousreply 192October 10, 2018 10:40 PM

Hackers altered the documents? They are trying every single Trump tactic aren’t they? This is getting comical.

by Anonymousreply 193October 10, 2018 10:42 PM

Because this is getting more and mire bizarre, can Nike still take Ronaldo seriously anymore?

by Anonymousreply 194October 10, 2018 10:44 PM

R188, you flatter me with your insinuations that I am somehow employed by the kinds of lawyers that a multimillionaire can afford, but could you please actually explain why on earth an accused person's defence lawyers would ask them to admit in writing that they committed the crime they have been accused of?

Forget claims about whether these documents were hacked or altered - the truly bizarre thing is that they were created in the first place. Can someone please explain why? Perhaps you, r188?

by Anonymousreply 195October 10, 2018 10:48 PM

Nike couldn’t give a shit. The US market- the one most likely to take these allegations seriously and call out Nike- either has no idea who Ronaldo is or doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 196October 10, 2018 10:49 PM

R184, are you seriously suggesting that the Las Vegas police had written admission from Ronaldo himself that he raped Kathryn Mayorga but they let him go because he is a star? In that case, Mayorga should be suing the Las Vegas police too!

by Anonymousreply 197October 10, 2018 10:50 PM

You are definitely on Ronaldo’s side.

by Anonymousreply 198October 10, 2018 10:52 PM

So...blocked.

by Anonymousreply 199October 10, 2018 10:52 PM

The Nike defending is also pro-Ronaldo.

by Anonymousreply 200October 10, 2018 10:53 PM

R198, I'm on the side of the truth. Now, can you please explain why Ronaldo apparently gave written admission to his lawyers that he raped Kathryn Mayorga? On which planet are the accused requested by their defence lawyers to admit in writing that they committed the crime they are accused of and that the same lawyers are trying to get them acquited for?

Of course you want to block me, that means you can avoid seeing my questions and therefore avoid the issue - just as you have avoided it so far.

by Anonymousreply 201October 10, 2018 10:55 PM

R201, just so we are clear, I'm not R198. I can only tell you that attorney-client communications receive the highest level of protection from disclosure, even in criminal cases, and that attorneys want to know the truth from their clients. Attorneys also tend to want to have everything in writing, even when they arguably should not. These documents from Cristiano's law firm were never intended to see the light of day, and, in the normal course of events, never would have.

by Anonymousreply 202October 10, 2018 11:06 PM

Who the fuck knows r201? People make mistakes. Some people receive ineffective counsel. Some people are just fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 203October 10, 2018 11:06 PM

Everyone around him is burying him.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2018 11:11 PM

[QUOTE]Now, can you please explain why Ronaldo apparently gave written admission to his lawyers that he raped Kathryn Mayorga? On which planet are the accused requested by their defence lawyers to admit in writing that they committed the crime they are accused of and that the same lawyers are trying to get them acquited for?

You've been told how to answer these questions yourself, and yet insist on being spoon-fed it seems. Of course, we both know your real aim.

As part of the case, Ronaldo had his own lawyers but also hired an American legal team. They needed to question him and so submitted a list of 274 questions for him to answer. Does the idea that lawyers ask their clients questions seem unlikely to you? It is as an answer to one of these in which Ronaldo admitted there was no consent.

You saying the lawyers "required" him to admit in writing his crime is a strawman argument. They didn't require it. I'm sure they wish he didn't do it. But he did.

And to be clear, I don't think you're paid by his lawyers. I just think you're a pathetic little Ronaldo supporting troll who will parrot whatever the official line from Ronaldo is.

by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2018 11:34 PM

Exactly, R205. They need to be spoonfed when all they need to do is google “Cristiano Ronaldo”.

by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2018 11:38 PM

[QUOTE]Der Spiegel says it has documents in which Ronaldo is referred to as X and Mayorga as C. In one of the documents, X states: “She said no and stop several times." In the document, X says that she was lying on her side. "I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available. But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards."

The fukk, how did he not go to jail for that?

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2018 11:42 PM

what kind of lawyer would make their client admit guilt on paper, in the settlement etc? No way that happened.

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2018 11:56 PM

A Portugese lawyer specializing in business transactions, would be my guess. When I first read about Ronaldo's statements, I assumed they were in response to a form of Interrogatories produced by a Plaintiff's attorney. It sounds like the questions may have been generated by his Portugese legal team. There's no reason to believe they actually turned over the incriminating statements to the victim's attorney or the police. That was a rough draft (i.e. Ronaldo's honest answers), later watered down, and leaked by somebody on Ronaldo's team (because they're the only people who would've had access to all versions).

As a former litigator, I assure you people will admit to all sorts of crazy shit when they don't understand what it adds up to. Ronaldo plainly doesn't understand he's admitting to rape. He's not unusual in that.

by Anonymousreply 209October 11, 2018 12:14 AM

The people here defending him or trying to dismiss the claims of these women because he's "gay" are pathetic

by Anonymousreply 210October 11, 2018 12:18 AM

Sooo-

Nevada has no Statute of Limitations applicable: (noted upthread) as a rape kit police report was filed and evidence is held.

Will that rape kit (still) contain or really include possible DNA evidence? (excuse my ignorance about rape kit contents and process)

Will that rape kit evidence be even legally applicable to an NDA voidiing litigation here at all?

IF ....

(HUGE AS FUCK 'IF' see OP thread title AND/OR the reality check of very likely power to Juventus' organization and legal defense founded in the presumed $$ impact potential of their losing CR for UEFA or Italian contracted obligations via his safe citizen legal refuge in Portugal in the first instance OR this NDAcase's further legal progress in Nevada and USA case in pursuit further.)

....this Nevada case plays out and is pursued, doesn't it by legal remit, exclude the rape kit stuff anyway, at least here? Isn't the case about the terms of the NDA in breach by (who applies?) Der Spiegel-Ronaldos original legal team-Ronaldo himself per se?

THEN, presumably (IFF - 'if and only if'!) should this Nevada case even playout with extradition attempts on an on -a la Polanski shit- or whatever AND the clout of Juventus'organization in tandem with CR's personal team stymying the whole Nevada shebang (no pun intended) anyway at this first instance, will CR ever actually face an ACTUAL rape charge?? Rather than just having to fork out muchas $$ for an NDA breach and losing some or all of his endorsements and PERHAPS (yeah right?!) his current league football team.

I smell Settlement but ultimately no shame in this game.

Ronaldo is sacrosanct in Football/Soccer terms. That's why the media can't process it quite yet. It's kinda as Weinstein is to Hollywood, CR is to the World Game.

by Anonymousreply 211October 11, 2018 12:25 AM

She said she’s not in it for money. I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 212October 11, 2018 1:03 AM

[quote]I smell Settlement but ultimately no shame in this game.

Are these pro-Ronaldo trolls on multiple devices?

by Anonymousreply 213October 11, 2018 1:11 AM

So, r202 etc. is it normal practice for the accused to make written statements to their lawyers as to what apparently happened, even if they are guilty? So in the offices and on the servers of all defence lawyers around the world there are written confessions by their clients, whom they then lied in court to defend, knowing full well that they are guilty? Why has such documentation never been leaked in other cases?

The idea that lawyers ask questions and expect a response in writing, whereby an accused can implicate him/herself does seem unlikely to me. They're lawyers, they know people commit crimes, so if they didn't "want" him to make any admissions of guilt they wouldn't have asked him those questions and asked him to write answers. 274 questions at that!

I'm not a Ronaldo troll, I'm actually a woman. But this whole thing about the written questions sounds highly implausible to me. How did Football Leaks or whoever even get hold of these documents? Maybe you're just Ronaldo haters who have always been prepared to believe the worst of him.

R206, I googled this case and found no answers to my questions, and have read the Der Spiegel article. Still haven't, not convincing ones at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 214October 11, 2018 10:15 AM

In the Der Spiegel article, Mayorga told a Las Vegas police officer the name of the person (i.e. Ronaldo) who had allegedly assaulted her. It still makes no sense to me how the police can have all this physical evidence of an assault and the name of the perpetrator, given to them by the victim, yet still not press charges against him.

by Anonymousreply 215October 11, 2018 10:21 AM

R205, according to the Der Spiegel article, it was not his American legal team that submitted the questions to him but his Portuguese one, so you are wrong on that point. There are apparently several versions of the questionnaire, and it was apparently submitted to Ronaldo several times - not sure what the point of that is though. Were they trying to confuse him? "There are several versions of the questionnaire. The questions remain more or less consistent on all of them, but the answers do not."

That in itself is odd. Not only is it odd to ask your client to potentially incriminate himself in writing, but they did it several times and he apparently gave different answers on different occasions.

"But there is another, much earlier version. It is the document that could have serious consequences for Ronaldo. It was sent via email in September 2009. The sender was a lawyer from Osório de Castro's firm. The recipients were Osório de Castro himself and an additional colleague."

If the questionnaire(s) was conducted by Ronaldo's Portuguese legal team, were the answers in Portuguese? If so, were they translated into English by Football Leaks? This would mean they are not the original documents.

by Anonymousreply 216October 11, 2018 10:28 AM

Given, then, that there are apparently several versions of this questionnaire and Ronaldo's alleged answers, perhaps there was really only one version (where he says the sex was consensual) and there is indeed a doctored version (the one where he allegedly said he forced himself).

I can sort of see the point of the lawyers getting Ronaldo to make some written answers so as to get his story pinned down, but for something to be put in writing first it would make more sense that he had already discussed things with them and they had warned him what sort of things he shouldn't write.

I'd be especially surprised if Ronaldo had made a written statement effectively saying he'd raped Mayorga and his lawyers then tried to keep this top secret but then started emailing it to each other, when they should know how unsafe that is in terms of keeping it confidential.

by Anonymousreply 217October 11, 2018 10:36 AM

You're trying way too hard, troll.

Here's a question for you to answer though: if the response detailed in the article is fake, why has it taken two weeks for them to say so? You don't think they'd try to shut that down immediately? Instead they just left the claim out there for two weeks before they bother to say anything? And why has the claim come from Ronaldo's American lawyer, rather than the lawyer in Portugal who oversaw the process?

They know they're fucked and they are trying desperately to discredit the document. Which is what you're doing too. The fact you're a woman doesn't change the fact you're a Ronaldo supporting troll. In fact it just makes you more despicable, as one would think a woman might have more empathy for the victim.

by Anonymousreply 218October 11, 2018 11:36 AM

R201 maybe the woman wouldn't accept a settlement unless CR admitted to what happened in writing.

by Anonymousreply 219October 11, 2018 11:56 AM

R219 here. It's seems r205 answered the question

by Anonymousreply 220October 11, 2018 11:58 AM

So I get one of CR's legal team had him fill out the questionnaire but how did it get the hands of Der Spiegel? Surely, someone on CR'S own legal team didn't leak it?

And before I'm branded a CR troll, I believe the woman but all the pieces of the puzzle are still not connecting for me. Like why hasn't Nevada filed any charges and why didn't they file charges in 2009 when the incident occurred?

by Anonymousreply 221October 11, 2018 12:12 PM

R221, all these questions have been answered, and answered repeatedly, on this thread and in the articles linked to on this thread.

I'd just emphasize in response to R218 that all of Der Spiegel's information (except for the woman's name) was published over a year ago, so Ronaldo and his team had a long time to figure out if they were "fabricated." Yet they said nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 222October 11, 2018 12:17 PM

There may be a legal reason, btw, that these claims are suddenly coming from Ronaldo's US legal team: the US has very weak libel laws. They can say whatever they want here; they don't have to prove that their claims are "true," because no one can sue them. That might not be the case in Portugal or Germany.

by Anonymousreply 223October 11, 2018 12:29 PM

How many devices are you using on Datalounge, R221? Just curious? More than two?

by Anonymousreply 224October 11, 2018 12:30 PM

All these information from the german mag came from hack in 2015. It was a football (soccer) related hack. Football leaks. And the German mag are claiming they have hundreds of documents supporting their claim.

But CR7 camp are saying the documents were doctored after the hack.

by Anonymousreply 225October 11, 2018 12:44 PM

[QUOTE]And before I'm branded a CR troll

You're branded a troll because you keep asking questions already answered, and you keep making false claims - like suggesting his lawyers insist he make an admission in writing, when they did nothing of the sort - they simply submitted a written list of questions and he decided to answer the way he did. Also, because you only started posting about this at the same time the lawyers started claiming it was fake.

by Anonymousreply 226October 11, 2018 1:05 PM

R222 The original article only seemed to have access to the later version of the answers. The earlier version - with the answer confirming he didn't have consent - was first mentioned in the latest article.

That said, it's true that Ronaldo and his lawyers have been saying they'll sue Der Spiegel for 18 months, and still nothing. And it took them two weeks to claim this older version of the answers is fake.

It also needs to be said, Der Spiegel isn't some cheap tabloid or blog; they aren't going to publish something without having checked its authenticity.

Someone upthread said it best, Ronaldo is just using Trump tactics.

by Anonymousreply 227October 11, 2018 1:06 PM

Sounds more like someone's mussy hasn't been explored in a while

by Anonymousreply 228October 11, 2018 1:11 PM

I don't think the can comment too much since there is still a police investigation and also a lawsuit. The German mag bought the documents hacked, so of course they say the info is real. who knows? Maybe the hackers are Messi fans lol.

by Anonymousreply 229October 11, 2018 1:16 PM

Der Spiegel has been investigating this story for more than a year.

by Anonymousreply 230October 11, 2018 1:23 PM

R226 I'm not the other person who keeps asking questions about the case and claims to be female but is stanning for CR

Thanks r225 that answered my question.

by Anonymousreply 231October 11, 2018 1:25 PM

They are really playing the Trump card: blame it on hackers, fake news, blaming the media. Trump needs to go. Ronaldo needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 232October 11, 2018 1:53 PM

Real Madrid sues over allegations that they encouraged Ronaldo to pay off Kathryn. They did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 11, 2018 2:22 PM

There is not just one poster here who is not 100% convinced by Der Spiegel's article and the questions I raised have not been satisfactorily answered by posters here. I am female, whether you want to believe it or not (the irony of you not believing a woman...).

- Why on earth would Ronaldo's lawyers allow him to incriminate himself in writing? Is it a common practice among defence lawyers to get their client to admit his/her guilt in writing?

- Why are there different versions of the answers to the questionnaire (one where Ronaldo says the sex was consensual and the other in which we are supposed to believe he admitted he was guilty of rape)?

- Which language was the questionnaire in, Portuguese or English?

- How did Football Leaks get hold of these documents and how have they been verified?

- Why did the Las Vegas police officer who Kathryn Mayorga told she was raped by Ronaldo (giving his name) not have Ronaldo brought in for questioning or open a case?

by Anonymousreply 234October 11, 2018 9:21 PM

Football leaks has been leaking many info gotten via hacks. Player contracts, incentives etc.

Also, this info was published by a GERMAN mag, I assume they paid the hackers the info. Now...think about this, CR7 is Nike's golden boy globally. Adidas is a German company, their main competitor. How do we know the German mag didn't alter any info gotten from the hackers? There is a lot of money at stake. More than just CR7's career. I wouldn't be surprised if it was corporate warfare.

by Anonymousreply 235October 11, 2018 9:27 PM

[QUOTE]and the questions I raised have not been satisfactorily answered by posters here

And? We don't know everything, and also we're not your answering service, especially given the fact that you aren't really interested in getting any answers or information; this is obvious from the way you keep asking the same questions over and over, even when they've already been answered. Do your own research.

[QUOTE] I am female, whether you want to believe it or not (the irony of you not believing a woman...).

The only person who doubted you being a woman is someone posting the same kind of posts as you, at the same time as you - what a coincidence. How dishonest of you to try and make it seem otherwise. Also, you're the one not believing a woman...

[QUOTE]Is it a common practice among defence lawyers to get their client to admit his/her guilt in writing?

Still clinging to that strawman, eh? Once again, they didn't make him do anything. They asked a question, he answered it. Yes, lawyers do tend to ask their clients questions.

[QUOTE]Why did the Las Vegas police officer who Kathryn Mayorga told she was raped by Ronaldo (giving his name) not have Ronaldo brought in for questioning or open a case?

As the article said, she decided not to press charges. It's not difficult to see why. One only need to look at the vitriol she's now getting online. On advice of her lawyers she pursued civil litigation instead, which could remain private.

[QUOTE]Adidas is a German company, their main competitor. How do we know the German mag didn't alter any info gotten from the hackers?

Except Der Spiegel's other stories exposed Messi's tax dodging, and he's an Adidas spokesman. And no, they wouldn't alter it as they know they'd be liable for massive libel payments. Christ, you trolls are idiots.

Now, troll, how about you try answering my question from earlier. If these documents are fake, why did it take them two weeks to say so?

by Anonymousreply 236October 11, 2018 11:45 PM

Der Spiegel have a new article up. It points out how after the first article, Ronaldo's lawyers described the article as "journalistic fiction" and yet now admit there was a pay off and agreement, etc. How they claimed Der Spiegel based articles about Ronaldo's tax dodging on "unreliable" information - which Ronaldo has since admitted to. And how they're using the same tactics now - empty threats of legal action and attempts to claim the information is fake.

[QUOTE]DER SPIEGEL is in possession of hundreds of documents from a variety of sources pertaining to the rape allegations that have been made against him. In a year and a half of research, those documents were examined and complemented by additional further research. All information was carefully vetted before publication.

[QUOTE]Before publication, DER SPIEGEL informed Ronaldo's representatives about its research and granted them the opportunity to respond. At the time, they did not dispute the authenticity of the documents, which DER SPIEGEL referred to in its request for comment. The claim of "fabricated" documents was only now raised by Ronaldo's new lawyer, two weeks after publication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 11, 2018 11:50 PM

Sorry (R236) I ff'd you -meant to ff the person whose post you were responding to. can't ww now.

by Anonymousreply 238October 12, 2018 12:09 AM

Ronaldo’s team ignored the claims at first probably because they felt nothing would come of it. They must live under a rock. Now, they’re just taking a page out of Trump. They probably thinking a wealthy and powerful man like Trump can claim “fake news”, “it’s the media’s fault”, and “hackers” like Trump does and this will go away because it does for him. I’m don’t think it’s going to work like that for Ronaldo, and it’s all going to catch up to Trump sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 239October 12, 2018 3:09 AM

*I don’t think it’s going to work like that...

Sorry for the typos.

by Anonymousreply 240October 12, 2018 3:10 AM

R236, and you are SO SURE the documents are REAL? You don't know that. Nobody does. I'm keeping an open mind, anything is possible.

Regarding Messi and tax dodging...lots of outlets have that info and were gonna publish that info.

How come nobody but this German mag is standing by the documents? fishy.

by Anonymousreply 241October 12, 2018 3:57 AM

That German mag is one of the most reputable news sources on the planet. If they stand by the documents, then so do I. They’re certainly far more trustworthy than Cristiano Ronaldo and his sleazy defense team.

by Anonymousreply 242October 12, 2018 4:25 AM

Explain to me how a gay guy manages to rape a woman. Unheard of.

by Anonymousreply 243October 12, 2018 4:31 AM

r243 By inserting his dick in her, how do you think? The same way closeted gays have kids with their wives

Regardless, is really the possibility of him being gay or not the only thing that you care about out of all of this?

by Anonymousreply 244October 12, 2018 4:46 AM

Who said he’s gay? I always thought he was bi.

by Anonymousreply 245October 12, 2018 4:48 AM

A Portuguese newspaper reported yesterday that part of Ronaldo’s defence will be to say that Real Madrid forced him to settle. Real is taking legal action against that newspaper, according to the Guardian, saying that they knew nothing about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2018 5:57 AM

Leave Christiano alone you liar bully bastard people. Just bastard people

by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2018 6:03 AM

"The rape allegation against Cristiano Ronaldo will test the limits of the #MeToo movement"

Nope. We have a rapist president and a rapist Supreme Court justice.

A rapist soccer player is par for the course. Even if it's Ronaldo.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2018 6:24 AM

Something seems off in this story and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I don't disbelieve the accuser that something happened, but if the rape kit doesn't match to his dna (condom used/she had washed the area would affect results) where does that leave things legally? Is she potentially then left open to a counter claim/charge of extortion?

I would assume due to the manner they were obtained the documents der Spiegel are using would be inadmissible for any legal process?

by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2018 6:45 AM

Go away R249. You are the most BIZARRE troll. HOW many times am I going to block you? You are on all kinds of devices.

by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2018 11:23 AM

"German magazine 'stands by reporting' of rape allegation"

[quote] The German magazine that reported a rape allegation made against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo says it has "no reason" to doubt the authenticity of key documents used in its story.

[quote] Lawyers representing the Juventus player said on Wednesday that documents had been "completely fabricated". But Der Spiegel said: "We have hundreds of documents from different sources that substantiate our reporting." It added in a statement: "We stand by our reporting. We have no reason to believe that those documents are not authentic.

[quote] "Furthermore, as always and before publishing every single article in Der Spiegel, we have meticulously fact-checked our information and had it legally reviewed. "The statement that was issued by [Ronaldo's lawyer] Peter Christiansen on behalf of Cristiano Ronaldo presents the usual path that Mr Ronaldo and his lawyers have taken in the past when unsuccessfully fighting our investigative work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2018 11:24 AM

Portuguese newspaper stands by claims Real Madrid pressured Ronaldo into out of court settlement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2018 11:37 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: German magazine 'stands by reporting' of rape allegation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: 'Allegations of rape based on completely fabricated documents'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo 'ready' for police interrogation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 12, 2018 11:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 12, 2018 12:29 PM

The rape kit doesn't matter because Ronaldo admits that he had sex with her.

[quote]How come nobody but this German mag is standing by the documents? fishy.

Because they're the only ones with the documents. How stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 257October 12, 2018 12:51 PM

R249, documents obtained by Der Spiegel from Football Leaks have ALREADY been used in a criminal prosecution against Ronaldo, in his tax fraud case in Spain. The fact that they were stolen wouldn't matter in this case unless Mayorga herself had stolen them, and, obviously, she did not.

And, as it should go without saying, the lawful use of the legal process cannot constitute "extortion." No one is criminally prosecuted just for not being able to provide sufficient proof of a claim in a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 258October 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Tax fraud too?

by Anonymousreply 259October 12, 2018 4:12 PM

Because of COURSE when she accepted the invitation of a sexy, hot, studly internationally famous athlete in a NIGHTCLUB to go back to his hotel, she just assumed he wanted to play Trivial Pursuit and talk about global politics...how SHOCKING that he wanted to bone her!! WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!

by Anonymousreply 260October 12, 2018 5:02 PM

To go up to his suite, along with her friend and a group of other people. And even if she had gone alone - are you really suggesting that would excuse rape, R260?

by Anonymousreply 261October 12, 2018 5:04 PM

r260 Roll your eyes all you want, but the moment she said "no" and "stop" (like he admitted she said himself) he should've stop

by Anonymousreply 262October 12, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] Women are often questioned, when they come forward, about why they didn’t tell anyone at the time of the attack; why they didn’t go to the police; why they didn’t go to the hospital for a rape kit. It’s usually understandable why a woman wouldn’t want to do any of these things — they’re extremely, extremely agonizing steps to endure, especially when they so rarely lead to justice. But Mayorga went through all of them anyways.

[quote]Now, years later, despite the evidence and an admission, she still isn’t being believed, at least not fully, or by the people who matter most.

Can we stop asking the fucking question "Why don't women come foreward?". If after all that has happened especially with Kavanaugh, how can anyone not see that women don't come forward because most of the motherfucking time men, and some women, won't believe them and will put them through hell for telling their story.

Hmmmmm. Let's see, keep my mouth shut or get tortured by most of the people who find out and question me? Which to choose?

by Anonymousreply 263October 12, 2018 5:15 PM

I don't think (R60) understand what rape is. He seems to think that if a woman spends time alone with a man in a situation in which she MAY consent to vaginal intercourse that it's okay to forcibly sodomize her. By the same logic, if I were to go into a Starbucks with (R260) I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I held his head back, forced his mouth open, and caused him injuries to the mouth and throat by pouring a mug of boiling hot coffee into his mouth while he tried to say 'stop' - after all, why would he be in a cafe if he didn't want to drink coffee?

by Anonymousreply 264October 12, 2018 5:16 PM

^^ The first number was meant to be (R260) obviously.

by Anonymousreply 265October 12, 2018 5:17 PM

r265 Exactly, it's like if you consented to have anal sex with a guy and he suddenly wants to fist you, just because you consented at first it doesn't mean the other person has the right to do whatever he pleases with you.

To clarify though, she didn't consented to anything at all, she was creeped out of him since the very beginning when he wanted her to touch his dick, he then wanted her to perform oral on him and penetrate her, she refused to both. When he couldn't rape her vaginally because she turned around, he sodomized her.

by Anonymousreply 266October 12, 2018 5:27 PM

She said no to everything: touching his cock when he walked in with it exposed; sucking his cock, and finally when he held her down and sodomized her.

by Anonymousreply 267October 12, 2018 5:35 PM

Never understood the mindset of people who think that accepting an invitation to a celebrity’s hotel room gives said celebrity automatic consent to do whatever the hell they want to the person. I guess if he killed her and hacked her up into pieces like the Saudis did that reporter, R260 would be like “WELL WHAT’D YOU EXPECT?” 😂

by Anonymousreply 268October 12, 2018 5:36 PM

R263 Add to this that photos of her were already appearing on celebrity gossip blogs by the time she got home, asking who the mystery woman with Ronaldo is. She was getting that kind of attention from just standing next to him in a club. The thought of what would've come her way in a public rape trial, especially one in 2009 long before Me Too - only someone utterly lacking in empathy or a Ronaldo fanboy/girl would ask "why didn't she come forward then".

The most disgusting thing is the system is built to work this way. Scare women into silence so they're more willing to take a payoff and the accompanying gagging order, and let the rich men keep doing whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 269October 12, 2018 6:05 PM

R268 Never go into a Hotel room with a stranger. Ever. You don't even need to comment. Take your meeting in the Lobby. They have restrooms in the Lobby. Just ask Janice Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 270October 12, 2018 6:22 PM

Fuck off R250 it's my first comment and just an observation! Take your meds and calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 271October 12, 2018 7:42 PM

r270 It's stupid to talk now about what she could've done in a different way, it already happened. The what ifs won't help her actual situation. What she needs now is justice.

by Anonymousreply 272October 12, 2018 11:42 PM

yes, i understand that she said NO. But did he hold her down? Did she run from the room? what happened?

by Anonymousreply 273October 12, 2018 11:53 PM

Another troll asking questions already answered. Total hypocrite given R273 is also R141 where they asked someone else

[QUOTE]did you read the article?

It's also the same troll trying to suggest this is an Adidas plot.

by Anonymousreply 274October 13, 2018 12:11 AM

I don't remember the details...

by Anonymousreply 275October 13, 2018 12:30 AM

ADIDAS plot? 😂

by Anonymousreply 276October 13, 2018 12:31 AM

Then re-read the article.

by Anonymousreply 277October 13, 2018 12:31 AM

R270, she went with a group of people. He cornered her when she went to the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 278October 13, 2018 6:28 AM

How is Nike still with Ronaldo after all of this? The fixers, or “sweepers”. Is Nike anti-woman?

by Anonymousreply 279October 13, 2018 11:32 AM

If Nike is anti-woman, then they’re certainly anti-gay despite all that “Be True” marketing. Could be all bullshit. New Balance donates thousands to Republican candidates.

by Anonymousreply 280October 13, 2018 11:35 AM

I’m happy that Juventus’ stock has been plummeting since the rape accusation and their support of Ronaldo. It’s down now 30%. If they lose Ronaldo, then they’re out 100 million. Would they sue Ronaldo for it back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 13, 2018 2:48 PM

Many hetero male celebrities do anal to avoid unwanted pregnancies, so this is not proof of him being gay. It doesn't matter the orifice, but the gender that owns the orifice.

by Anonymousreply 282October 13, 2018 2:56 PM

[quote]Would they sue Ronaldo for it back?

I don’t know about that, but if contract has a morals clause this could render the contract void.

by Anonymousreply 283October 13, 2018 2:59 PM

Bisexual rapist. They exist, right?

by Anonymousreply 284October 13, 2018 3:00 PM

So now is bisexual when before he was gay hahaha. I see DL. If you fancy a male, you label him gay, because in your head he must be gay or you can't fantasize about him. Poor imagination you have.

by Anonymousreply 285October 13, 2018 3:05 PM

I would imagine teams that he passed on are relieved—how can he come back from this? The million dollar fixers, the rape(s), tax fraud...teams lose all share price and 100M dollars. But, Juventus supportered him, so they deserve what they’re getting. If they tweeted that they were horrified/disappointed by these rape claims, I would root for them to sue him and get their money back.

by Anonymousreply 286October 13, 2018 3:08 PM

A gay man could rape a woman, too. I've never heard of it but I would imagine it happens. Anyone ever hear of such a thing? Maybe the availability of drugs like Viagara also has had some impact?

by Anonymousreply 287October 13, 2018 3:08 PM

I thought European culture was different and he wouldn't be hurt by this situation.

by Anonymousreply 288October 13, 2018 3:09 PM

Gay men rape women all the time.

by Anonymousreply 289October 13, 2018 3:10 PM

I don’t think he’s gay or bi. I think he’s entitled, he’s probably a serial rapist. He’s dishonest, cold—lacking in morals.

by Anonymousreply 290October 13, 2018 3:10 PM

No, R288. But keep your fingers crossed. What a bizarre statement.

by Anonymousreply 291October 13, 2018 3:12 PM

I hope he never touched his kids.

by Anonymousreply 292October 13, 2018 3:12 PM

What do you mean by 'European culture (R288)? there are many countries in Europe. Do you imagine that Russia has the same culture or attitude to women as Britain or Norway? surely not. And yes, we do care about rape in Europe, although unfortunately some countries treat violence against women less well than others - for example Russian attitudes to domestic abuse comparative to British attitudes.

by Anonymousreply 293October 13, 2018 3:15 PM

R291 how is it a bizarre statement? The PM of Portugal came out in vocal support of Ronaldo even though he essentially admitted to the rape AND a rape kit containing with his DNA exists.

Italy, France and more...these are very male-centered cultures. When the French PM raped a maid the French were aghast that he should be accused of such a thing. The rape was viewed as a form of chivalrous attention to a lady and she should be grateful for it. And several prominent French women also expressed this attitude!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 13, 2018 3:18 PM

Okay, blocked. ^^ Fuck off. Go defend Cristiano Ronaldo somewhere else. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 295October 13, 2018 3:22 PM

^Where do you get that I'm defending CR. Work on your reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 296October 13, 2018 3:23 PM

r293 I know what you are trying to say, but you should read Eurostat to know how Northern European countries have a higher rate of domestic violence against women: 5. Sweden 41 % 4. United Kingdom 42 % 3. France 42 % 2. Finland 43% 1. Denmark 48%

by Anonymousreply 297October 13, 2018 3:27 PM

Rape can be about power too, but anyway the straights can have him, he's a piece of shit. Besides he only raped her anally because she turned around and protected her vagina with her hands so he had no other choice and was, apparently, very determined to get what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 298October 13, 2018 3:28 PM

r291 You are so wrong. Read Eurostat to know how Northern European countries have a higher rate of domestic violence against women: 5. Sweden 41 % . 4. United Kingdom 42 %. 3. France 42 %. 2. Finland 43%. 1. Denmark 48%.

by Anonymousreply 299October 13, 2018 3:29 PM

They’re trying to clean up Ronaldo’s image now with family photos. Definitely anticipate a 180 from lavishness and braghing to humble and family.

by Anonymousreply 300October 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Exactly, R298. If she covered both areas, I wonder what he would have done. The only thing was violent.

by Anonymousreply 301October 13, 2018 3:32 PM

r301 You are so delusional. He is not gay, so what. Many of the men labelled gay on this website aren't. Why bother trying to claim men who aren't? Gays don't need them.

by Anonymousreply 302October 13, 2018 3:37 PM

What? ^

by Anonymousreply 303October 13, 2018 3:41 PM

I'm not clear on what you're trying to say (R297) - higher than who? My point in bringing up DV was to illustrate the fact that Europe is not culturally homogenous and certainly not on attitudes to male violence - Britain is definitely different to Russia in this regard (for example,, they decriminalised some acts of domestic violence last year), while the more male dominated countries like France and Italy and Spain are also more traditional and patriarchal than Britain.

I'm not saying that the UK is a paradise for women - certainly not, just that there are significant cultural differences in attitudes (that may or may not be reflected in statistics). Being accused of rape would harm his image here, which is not to say that male football fans would not also support him. The question is complex within a country but lumping all European countries together like that isn't helpful.

Btw. I used to run a refuge (perhaps known in the US as a 'battered women's shelter'?) in the UK so I am under no illusion that we are DV free - far from it, but that doesn't mean that attitudes aren't different between countries.

by Anonymousreply 304October 13, 2018 4:26 PM

r304 Higher than the rest of EU countries. Higher than South European countries. You have no idea and base your opinions on stereotypes from the past. Spain is one of the countries with more progressive laws regarding women and progressive views on everything, YES. Defined by an English journalist like a paradise for women. We legalized gay marriage in 2005, with 80% of the population in favour. No dramas and no violence like in the UK many years later. We have more equality in women/men salaries than the UK or Germany, for example. Check the statistics and review you stereotypes and clichés, please.

by Anonymousreply 305October 13, 2018 4:47 PM

He will get away with it. Scary how the public protect their celebrities even in the face of evidence they are scum.

by Anonymousreply 306October 13, 2018 4:54 PM

(R305) Well that's fantastic if Spain is so progressive on women's issues and gay rights. My main point was in response to an assumption that Europe was a cultural monolith and I'm sure you can agree that my general argument that while some European countries (eg. Russia) are not good at all on women's rights, others are very different.

I do apologise if I am not up to date on Spanish attitudes, my impression had been that it was a more traditional culture but it is possible that I was wrong. Anyway the assumption that I was responding to, that Ronaldo will not be harmed by this in Europe, because 'European culture' doesn't take rape so seriously, is one that I'm sure you'll join me in refuting; that poster seemed to be from American and seemed to be of the opinion that 'Europe' doesn't take rape seriously, which I think we can both agree is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 307October 13, 2018 9:19 PM

You know, even if the document were somehow faked by mysterious hackers (did the unemployed schoolteacher who verifiably had sex with him 10 years ago hire them?), it seems to be inarguable that he did it to her so painfully that she had to go to the hospital the next day and receive antibiotics for her injuries, and the people who examined her thought that she’d been raped. Why wouldn’t she have said “no” and “stop” during sex like that?

by Anonymousreply 308October 13, 2018 9:21 PM

The document is not fake.

by Anonymousreply 309October 13, 2018 9:24 PM

R285 I see DL. If you fancy a male, you label him gay, because in your head he must be gay or you can't fantasize about him.

That's not true we don't fantasize about DiCaprio, Cruise, Pitt and Clooney but they are all gay

by Anonymousreply 310October 13, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote]If you fancy a male, you label him gay, because in your head he must be gay or you can't fantasize about him

Bitch please. No straight man would fly his private jet to Morocco every other afternoon to see another man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311October 13, 2018 10:16 PM

R311 That other man also has a history of violent behavior including domestic violence against an ex-girlfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Ronaldo were feeding these fake gay rumors to the press to cover up what they really do, much like Franco and Leto.

by Anonymousreply 312October 13, 2018 10:25 PM

Dude likes being around hot guys? Look at the television right now. College football. Have you seen those tight asses on the field Is that gay? Maybe everyone is gay.

by Anonymousreply 313October 13, 2018 10:25 PM

r311 A picture with a man? This is your proof? Hahahaha. No wonder gays are hairdressers, make-up artists, designers... eating shit make your IQ's low.

by Anonymousreply 314October 13, 2018 10:31 PM

Leto has slept with men. I agree about Franco though.

by Anonymousreply 315October 13, 2018 10:35 PM

R314 What do you want as proof? a sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 316October 13, 2018 10:36 PM

R314 blocked

by Anonymousreply 317October 13, 2018 10:36 PM

r316 You really are pathetic. Patent your scientific method for detecting gays hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 318October 13, 2018 10:39 PM

So much for Spaniards being progressive. I guess behind those positive legislative moves the same old homophobes remain, as R314 proves.

by Anonymousreply 319October 13, 2018 10:49 PM

"Ronaldo is an Icon of Corruption in Sports"

When you have 122 million Facebook followers, you are too important to sponsors to be held accountable for much of anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 13, 2018 11:02 PM

r319 Blame it on them fuckers LMAO

by Anonymousreply 321October 13, 2018 11:12 PM

EA sports did the right thing—they removed him from their advertisements. Nike, on the other hand, still “concerned”. Ronaldo walked in with his cock out, begged her touched and suck it like a perv. Demanded, and she says no and stop, then had forced anal with her. Then after all that—he STILL wouldn’t let her leave. Is this worse than Weinstein? Nike is still “concerned”.

by Anonymousreply 322October 13, 2018 11:33 PM

This is Cosby-level crazy.

by Anonymousreply 323October 13, 2018 11:36 PM

The girl should hire Avenatti and destroy him. She should sue him for 100 million. No guy wants to date a girl that was raped in such a horrific manner to such a soccer legend. She can maybe start a new anonymous life with the money Out of the limelight and certainly out of the horrible Sodom and Gomorrah city of Las Vegas. A city full of rapist gamblers prostitutes escorts drug dealers and alcoholic animals.

by Anonymousreply 324October 13, 2018 11:45 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend’s father is in prison for being a drug lord. His grossness is just never ending.

by Anonymousreply 325October 13, 2018 11:52 PM

All of the Badr Hari stuff was nonsense. It is possible that Crissy had a girl in Morocco and him spending extra time there was the reason that he and Badr crossed paths in the first place.

The guy is what, 33 years old? Who are his other male flames? If he’s gay then he’s probably a cockhound who has the hottest men in the world chasing him yet we can only tie him to one man?

And if Badr Hari is gay, then who are the other guys that he’s hooked up with? There was never any rumor of him being with guys before, nor have we heard anything after.

by Anonymousreply 326October 14, 2018 12:36 AM

But he has abs tho.

by Anonymousreply 327October 14, 2018 12:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328October 14, 2018 1:07 AM

I wonder if Ronaldo was ever raped in the ass by an older soccer coach or teammate.

by Anonymousreply 329October 14, 2018 1:28 AM

I’m sure he would’ve had them killed by now.

by Anonymousreply 330October 14, 2018 2:15 AM

He had forced anal with her because she was covering her vagina, R329. He was going to penetrate her anyway he could without her consent.

by Anonymousreply 331October 14, 2018 2:22 AM

This is not some sort of “product of molestation” thing. This is rape. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 332October 14, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]No guy wants to date a girl that was raped in such a horrific manner to such a soccer legend.

????

by Anonymousreply 333October 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Just stumbled across this from CDaN (yes yes I know) from Jun 2017 by the 'Mr.X' source they have there, that is supposedly not enty:

[quote]It wasn't rape that caused this A+ list soccer star to write a big check to a woman. It was because she had a tape of him having sex with another man. She was in the room when it happened and was holding the phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 14, 2018 6:03 AM

r334 She went to the hospital and got a rape kit done though

by Anonymousreply 335October 14, 2018 6:12 AM

Well, she said NO and NOBODY ever says NO to him. He can't have that! That's why he raped her.

by Anonymousreply 336October 14, 2018 7:06 AM

Italy is fucking backwards. Racism is still a big problem. They still have racist chants and gay chants and all kinds of backward shit.

So Juve fans won't give a shit if CR7 continues to score goals for them. Football (soccer) is like a religion to these people.

by Anonymousreply 337October 14, 2018 7:09 AM

I don’t think R334 is the same incident as this. Did they have video on phones back in 2009?

by Anonymousreply 338October 14, 2018 2:43 PM

R338, yes, you could record video on phones then, but the blind item doesn't make any sense for this situation: if someone had video of gay sex, they'd just keep quietly blackmailing the subject, wouldn't they?

by Anonymousreply 339October 14, 2018 3:28 PM

Let me guess, she recorded him having sex with Badr Hari? Why, there’s a pic of him holding Cristiano in his arms. Has it been posted yet?

Clearly weak tea assembled by someone who had no idea what actually happened in that hotel room, and didn’t want to believe that Crissy actually raped that girl. Well he did. To create such a cockamamie story makes light of his heinous acts and belittles the victim.

by Anonymousreply 340October 14, 2018 3:37 PM

According to the Portuguese press, Cristiano's US lawyer has met with the Las Vegas police and pronounced the meeting "successful." Why? We don't know yet, and the lawyer was unlikely to say anything negative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341October 15, 2018 4:14 PM

Gay Portuguese baker sells “Ronaldo having sex” biscuits. Defends and believes in Ronaldo. Fulfills every stereotype.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 16, 2018 12:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 16, 2018 1:02 PM

R341, that media source seems extremely pro-Ronaldo. They seem to have a bias.

by Anonymousreply 344October 16, 2018 1:14 PM

I’m sad that nothing may come of this. Despite all of that craziness, he’s getting away with all of it. I hope I’m wrong.

by Anonymousreply 345October 16, 2018 6:43 PM

Ronaldo reduced from cover star of EA FIFA19 to just a small promo.

by Anonymousreply 346October 17, 2018 6:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 27, 2018 8:54 PM

So, is he charged yet? Hope this doesn’t go away.

by Anonymousreply 348October 27, 2018 10:31 PM

Looks like this was buried. Ronaldo gets away with it.

by Anonymousreply 349October 27, 2018 10:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 27, 2018 10:41 PM

I bet the "victim" got a huge paycheck! congrats girl!

by Anonymousreply 351October 27, 2018 10:48 PM

He’s very shiny in that press conference as he was laughing and smirking about the rape allegation. Maybe it’s symbolic of him being “clean”. 😂

by Anonymousreply 352October 27, 2018 10:52 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo will test the limits of [italic]your ass.

by Anonymousreply 353October 27, 2018 11:12 PM

Are NSDs a form of blackmail?

by Anonymousreply 354October 28, 2018 1:59 AM

NSD?

by Anonymousreply 355October 28, 2018 10:26 AM

R354, NDAs are the opposite of blackmail; they are usually proposed by the perpetrator to stop the victim of misconduct from talking about it. However, they cannot be used to stop someone from going to the police; they cannot legally be used to conceal crimes. Bill Cosby used NDAs to try to get his victims to stay quiet, but the victim who filed the criminal complaint against him got her NDA vacated.

by Anonymousreply 356October 28, 2018 12:12 PM

Yes, NDA, I mean. Sorry R355, thank you, R356.

by Anonymousreply 357October 28, 2018 12:16 PM

Nobody cares. Coz he has overtaken Gomez as the most "followed" person on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 358November 1, 2018 9:56 PM

He is so thin and so shiny.

by Anonymousreply 359November 3, 2018 1:56 PM

So have the limits met the test?

by Anonymousreply 360November 3, 2018 2:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 3, 2018 2:11 PM

Ronaldo is trending

Ronaldo gets his first Champions League goal for Juventus ... against Man Utd

by Anonymousreply 362November 7, 2018 10:39 PM

Cristiano remains untouched. MeToo has peaked for several months, now.

by Anonymousreply 363November 7, 2018 10:53 PM

But we knew nothing would happen immediately. Billions of dollars ride on Cristiano; he's the public face of the biggest sport on the planet. He has enormous institutional support.

Oh, and Juventus lost. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 364November 7, 2018 10:57 PM

This case will go on for years.

by Anonymousreply 365November 7, 2018 11:21 PM

r364 If it won't happen immediately, then it won't happen at all.

If Cristiano remains untouched in this MeToo times, then nothing will happen to him in other times. At least for as long as he keeps playing. Maybe when he leaves football, and people start thinking about him less, it will be easier to snag him.

by Anonymousreply 366November 7, 2018 11:41 PM

“Il Segreto di Cristiano”

Street artist TvBoy comments his work “Cristiano’s Secret":

“Public installation at Corso di Porta Ticinese 46, Milan. Life-size, 2018.

The graffiti portrays Ronaldo in a pose that wants to remind of the Riace Bronzes and refers to the canons of beauty of the classical Greek and Roman tradition.

The mural toys with the ambivalence of secrecy: does the work allude to his alleged homosexuality or to the fact that Cristiano is in love with himself?“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 22, 2018 11:43 PM

He’s garbage. Good for Der Speigel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 1, 2018 4:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!