Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elite - new Netflix show with gay storyline

Premiered today. Anyone watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2019 12:19 AM

I'm only 20 minutes in and so far there's lots of male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2018 2:09 PM

the co-creator Carlos Montero also created Fisica o Quimica (2008-2011) a high school teen drama also from Spain.

It was 77 episodes and had a great gay storyline of Fer and David.

Search YouTube or dailymotion Fervid or Fer y David FoQ

There's now gay storylines on soap operas from Argentina to Mexico too.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2018 3:06 PM

The show actually sorta has two gay storylines. I don't want to spoil anything, just watch. The show is good, not just because of the gay plots either.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2018 8:39 PM

Thanks for mentioning the show, Op. So far it's been really good.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2018 10:47 PM

I don't do subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2018 11:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2018 11:24 PM

[quote]I don't do subtitles.

I don't do idiots.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2018 11:25 PM

Thank you OP. It looks incredible.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2018 11:29 PM

It isn't subtitled. It is dubbed, which I hate.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2018 3:57 AM

R9 You can change the settings to have Spanish audio with English subtitles. I'm Norwegian and I changed it to Spanish audio with Norwegian subs. It's so much better.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2018 9:49 AM

SPOILER WARNING

It annoyed me that the gay couple was the only couple to not get a sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2018 11:35 AM

R2: I was going to say the same. In fact in the original idea of Física o química it was the gay charcter the one who hook up with the teacher but antena3 thought it was too risky so it was a teen hooking with a female teacher (before they knew they were teacher-student) the way the show started. Javier Calvo the actor who played Fer is now very famous, he had a theatre play hit a couple of years ago. He directed with his boyfriend, then they had a hit with tv show Paquita Salas and became very popular as teachers on Operación triunfo (which is similar to American Idol).

There's an article on El Pais about Elite, and they thinks thanks to Netflix they are going to introduce some plots in countries where it would be impossible to do it on a traditional channel

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2018 12:44 PM

I'm liking the hunky naked guys, especially Miguel Herrán, but I don't love the melodramatic telenovela plot and dialogue. Haven't gotten to the gay plot yet. That's the only reason I'm still in.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2018 6:50 PM

R7 - It's a TV show. I have no problem sitting down or going to a theater and watching a movie with subtitles. But TV shows just don't hold my attention. I usually am doing something else while watching TV. I can't do that and read the subtitles at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2018 7:28 PM

Do they show fistula?

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2018 8:24 PM

It's not only about kids in high school; it sounds as if it were written by them, too.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2018 8:39 PM

r11 I haven't watched it but I saw this comment. Which is the truth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2018 9:28 PM

Ok, so are there gay sex scenes or not?

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2018 9:33 PM

I watched the first episode and it didn’t really hold my interest. Too unrelentingly dark for me.

I wish Netflix US would air Seasons 2-4 of Merli.

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2018 1:27 AM

I'm on episode 6 this three-some story is hot as hell. That little manlet main character is so dull. I like the muslim girl, hot swimmer jock, and cocky third friend. This feels like a real Gossip Girl. Move over Riverdale and let the Spanish show a real sexy teen murder mystery.

Dialogue is decent, I used the English dups cause I don't feel like reading tonight. Hottest teen show I've seen in a long time. Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2018 3:37 AM

XOXO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2018 3:40 AM

R18 There is one gay sex scene, basically played for laughs, but I guess still a sex scene (only a bj, not anal). The main gay couple did NOT get a sex scene, despite all the other straight couples getting one. Kissing on the bed naked is not the same as a sex scene. Maybe that's why the guy in R17 was confused.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2018 9:18 AM

r22 I saw numerous people claim they had sex, like the person below. Are they just talking about kissing in bed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2018 10:21 AM

R23 Yes, they were making out in bed together, no hint of intercourse or even a bj. I watched the entire season in one day, trust me I know. You can watch for yourself if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2018 10:38 AM

R23 That Twitter person is obviously confused. No sex was shown on screen. Sure, they hinted at them having sex, but it all happened off screen. The closest we got to them having sex was being naked in bed together making out.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2018 10:41 AM

I don't get the threesome storyline. What is Polo's sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2018 2:09 PM

The creator of the series is married to a woman. I suppose he's like André Aciman - straight in real life but harboring gay feelings that he indulges in the works he creates.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2018 2:26 PM

SHOW US THEIR TITS

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2018 3:59 PM

Polo is like a Hollywood opportunist. He identifies as Straight but will blow a guy for a magazine cover. I'm curious, will he continue the three-somes next season or take control of that couple? The marquise daughter has some beautiful knockers.

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2018 11:48 PM

Spanish stanksleeve?

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2018 12:16 AM

It is very sjw. series probably more than Degrassi.

as for gay scene, i have seen better storyline in Degrassi and Riverdale

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2018 4:41 PM

For some reason the set up of the mystery reminds me of HBO's Big Little Lies. The rest is very Gossip Girl / Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2018 8:18 PM

I'm in season two of Riverdale the gay kid didn't even get much airtime.Why do people hold Riverdale up for gay characters. Does it get steamy in season two and beyond?

Back to this. The murder setup was interesting. I sort of wish they would have held off on showing more interrogations because I wasn't sure if more characters die.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2018 3:46 AM

European shows are better at portraying conflict between social and political classes.

"Guzman" is so fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2018 6:07 AM

As a general rule of thumb I believe European shows do gay characters and gay stories better than US shows. The exception is Eyewitness (The US version went farther than the original Norwegian series).

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2018 6:18 AM

[quote]No sex was shown on screen. Sure, they hinted at them having sex, but it all happened off screen. The closest we got to them having sex was being naked in bed together making out.

Not enough to get me to sign up with Netflix again.

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2018 7:45 AM

[Quote]Polo is like a Hollywood opportunist. He identifies as Straight but will blow a guy for a magazine cover.

You got it wrong. Christian is the one who wanted the cover. It is made clear he only did it because he wanted to get on the cover. Basically, he's an opportunist. I'm talking about Polo, Carla's original boyfriend. The guy was staring at Christian in the locker room then made Christian cop his boner after the shoot. Then he got all mad at Christian for thinking it was all just "casting couch". It obviously meant something more to him.

They clearly hinted at Polo being bi/gay, then dropped the plot shortly after and had him pining for his ex gf instead. Him being confused didn't mash with the story of him wanting Carla back. It's like the writers were more interested in plot than character development. Completely dropping Polo's bi plot after him pining for Christian in episode 5 and 6 was fucked up. It felt like a cop out. I was robbed. I really wanted to see more of his storyline. I'm convinced Polo is bi. Fucking hell, his own gf told him he liked boys! He himself almost admitted it at one point. He said "what if I like boys more than girls." I really don't get why it was dropped after that though. It was such a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2018 8:27 AM

[Quote]The marquise daughter has some beautiful knockers.

Clearly silicone. There's no way in hell a skinny bitch like her has huge boobs like that.

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2018 8:35 AM

One of the characters is wearing an islamic klan hood. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2018 8:58 AM

I assume it is adult actors playing teens getting naked.

I am all for teens watching "teen shows" where there is sex but an adult purposefully watching a teen show for the sex (faked, with adults) is a bit retarded and sad.

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2018 9:29 AM

r40, you mean as sad and retarded as "mature" adults watching superhero action blockbuster movies based on comic book / graphic novel franchises?

But I am sure your comment shamed them all straight and they will watch age appropiate entertainment from now on.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2018 11:06 AM

Thank you so much OP for the recomendation. The show is amazing.

At first I felt sorry for the murder victim, but by the end of the season I was so over her screwing everybody over with her high almighty attitude. Felt sorry for Samuel and what he's put through. Good guy through and through. I agree with the previous poster that the threesome plot is really hot. Wish more shows would go for that (well, except for the final part of course). The gay plot was really sweet. But IMO the best love story was between Guzmán (with his quest for redemption) and Nadja, the Muslim girl.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2018 6:47 PM

[quote] I'm talking about Polo, Carla's original boyfriend. The guy was staring at Christian in the locker room then made Christian cop his boner after the shoot. Then he got all mad at Christian for thinking it was all just "casting couch". It obviously meant something more to him.

Polo was jealous, because Christian was only after Carla and not him. He felt like a third wheel and felt Carla was slipping away from him losing her to Christian. When he saw how desperate Christan was to better himself and become a model he took the opportunity to fuck with him to feel less of a third wheel.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2018 6:57 PM

Itzan Escamilla, Samuel, reminds me of Cockyboys' Jake Bass (before he went overboard with the tattoos and the earlobe stretching).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2018 7:05 PM

R31 In Riverdale? are you serious? what's the fucking gay storyline in Riverdale because i can't remember one? Just a waste of a gay character with a lot of potential

And Polo is bisexual, when he indulges in the threesome i don't think he was expecting to be atracted to Christian

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2018 7:05 PM

With rich guys like Polo it's more about ego and insecurity than about attraction. Polo always acted out right after the times Guzman talked to him about how Carla and Christian made a fool of him. I wouldn't be surprised if Polo's main crush was Guzman since his friendship and validation meant so much to Polo.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2018 7:11 PM

who gets slammed in the pooper?

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2018 7:13 PM

R43 I disagree. He was clearly upset when Christian admitted he did it just because he wanted the cover. Why was he so upset if it was all a game from him anyway? Again, makes no sense. And the part about Carla telling him he likes guys, and he himself admitting he likes guys?! COME ON! I feel like the writers wanted to go there, then dropped the idea in the last minute. Would probably be too much with three bi/gay characters. Can't have that! LOL. Instead they had the token gay couple be sexless. Of course! I started liking this show a lot, but I was robbed of the one storyline I really wanted to watch - Polo coming out as bi. Not to mention a better story for the main gay couple. They barely got any screen time and they didn't get to have sex like all the other couples on the show. It pissed me off. Plenty of straight sex, yet only minimal gay sex, basically played for laughs. Can't have a gay couple in love actually making love!

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2018 7:13 PM

]Quote]who gets slammed in the pooper?

Nobody. There is one gay bj scene and it isn't even the main gay couple. Again; all the straight couples got to have sex except the gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2018 7:15 PM

[quote] He was clearly upset when Christian admitted he did it just because he wanted the cover. Why was he so upset if it was all a game from him anyway?

Well, of course he was upset that his ego got hurt. Christian agreed to the threesome because of wanting Carla not him. It's like when straight guys get butthurt when nobody hits on them in a gay bar. While Polo likes boys I do think that at the end of the day Polo beleived that Christian was beneath him social status wise and he was just a plaything to Polo, but it hurt Polo's ego that Christian didn't want him, at least, as much as Carla.

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2018 7:22 PM

What I found a bit odd was all these fade to black cuts. Given that it's a Netflix show this wasn't about cutting to commercial breaks or something so the scene transition edit felt rather strange to me.

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2018 5:44 PM

Because it was already broadcasted in Spain on the Antenna channel.Probably also in some other South American countries.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2018 5:58 PM

r52, thanks. I thought it was an actual Netflix exclusive or original.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2018 6:06 PM

The have a fairly intimate scene, R49.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2018 6:40 PM

I thought Polo was plainly portrayed as bi, leaning heavily towards gay. He wasn't pining for Carla romantically; he didn't want to lose the life they had planned together. She's probably the only woman on earth he can imagine himself being partnered with, given most of his interest is in men. Keeping his relationship with her was about securing his elite status AND having the freedom to fuck around with guys as he pleased. Does anyone think Barry Diller is less gay for having married DVF?

The poster complaining about the gay sex scene is dumb. The actors are completely naked, bodies pressed up against each other, positioned in such a way as to suggest penetration and there is thrusting. It's not the longest or hottest scene, but it required more of the actors than the straight sex scenes did.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2018 6:42 PM

R53 I think it's a Netflix production since it's up to them to renew the series or not.

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2018 6:19 PM

R56: And it is, an i think the second season is already planned

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2018 7:08 PM

Omar y Ander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2018 7:15 PM

Way hotter kiss scene at r58 than whoever Kevin Keller kissed on Riverdale. Though I like Riverdale for other reasons than the gay content.

by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]...than whoever Kevin Keller kissed on Riverdale

Moose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2018 7:46 PM

No, the other one, that Serpent guy who moved to San Junipero (Black Mirror shoutout).

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2018 7:48 PM

R60: I hope they do something with the whole Kevin/Moose this season because frankly the gay storyline is a big dissapointment (and it's a pity because Kevin is a good character)

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2018 7:13 PM

This is gooooddd!! ❤

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2018 2:13 AM

Can anyone give me tips how to know which one is which? I'm on episode one and all these twinks look the same to me, except the Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2018 6:36 AM

r64, just check out the show's imdb page. You get the names and the images of the actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2018 10:32 AM

r65 just finished ep3 i can now distinguish them apart lol thanks though!

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2018 11:22 AM

quid pro quo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2018 1:27 PM

Gosh I jerked off to that scene r67

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2018 12:38 AM

not as graphic as the straight scenes, but at least the gay agenda is there.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2018 1:30 AM

I like that they made the throuple MMF, instead of the utterly tiresome and overdone FFM.

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2018 3:13 PM

Nano[Sam's elder brother] 's dick pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2018 4:17 PM

R70: And it's more surprising given they have a gay couple on the show.

What i like it's not everything revolves around them being gay, there's a lot of things going on, from feat to dissapoint his father to religion

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2018 5:19 PM

I finished binge watching season one today. Mere words cannot express how much I love this show.

A must-watch if you love Spanish twinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2018 10:52 PM

Any other fans?

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2018 12:24 AM

It gets 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 6 reviews. I might try it out, but I don't usually to like having to read subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2018 12:35 AM

R75, you can watch it dubbed into English (that’s actually the default on Netflix), but I highly recommend watching it in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2018 12:36 AM

R71, it looks to me like he’s wearing shorts.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2018 12:37 AM

Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2018 12:38 AM

Damn, Spanish TV high school students look even older than American TV high school students.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2018 12:42 AM

R79, the one on the left plays an older brother who is not in school.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2018 12:44 AM

r80

Ah, I see.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2018 12:45 AM

Can't also forget this from another Spanish tv show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2018 2:23 AM

R82, which show? Twink nudity?

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2018 2:24 AM

Merlin r83

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2018 2:49 AM

Merli

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2018 3:07 AM

r75 you won't regret it

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2018 5:24 PM

r81 and the guy on the right just looks older with beard, because he looks quite young if you actually picture him without one.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2018 5:26 PM

r82 i HATED that storyline and how they handled it. Lazy and forced writing imo. Even more overrated than CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2018 5:30 PM

Merlí is a great show, at least in the first season which is the one i watched. It took a lot of themes related to education with every chapter about a philosopher.

To be fair, the gay character is not always likeable (well the main gay character)

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2018 5:42 PM

Merli had to find a way to deal with David Solans choosing to leave the show and agreeing only to come back for limited appearances.I

The Spanish tv show Fisica o Quimica was much better than the American remake Relaciones Peligrosas and it didn't hide gay kissing like the American remake did.

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2018 6:11 PM

R90: Curiously the actor who played the gay main character in Física o química is now one of the most relevant directors with success in theatre, tv and cinema. He codirects and creates everything with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2018 6:17 PM

Conversely R91 the actor who played the main gay in the American remake that show is himself rumored to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2018 6:33 PM

It's funny because the actor was rumoures to be the boyfriend of one of the actress of the show (Úrsula Corberó, La casa de papel). They were together a lot and a lot of magazines run the news about their relationship. The truth is they never say a thing (apart of being best friends, they still are). It was funny because she started to date other actor of the show (the one who played Fer's boyfriend when he and David break up), and there was a very funny pic of the three in Madrid during pride (actors generally are very open minded but generally they don't go to the gay pride with their supposed ex and her new boyfriend).

Sometimes you don't need to do anything to carry a "bearding" relationships, only going out with a female friend and let the press do all the work

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2018 7:06 PM

Polo and Ander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2018 2:17 AM

Thank you OP for bringing this show to light. Gentlemen, and ladies, it's only 6 episodes so it's not very taxing. Trust us, you will like it.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2018 2:23 AM

It’s 8 episodes and I adore it. Watch it in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2018 2:26 AM

r94 I feel like there is a chance they may have a thing next season since Omar and Ander's time for each other are reduced to 10 minutes.

Also, yes, they just confirmed a season 2

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2018 5:17 PM

R97 Yup, I'm convinced Polo is bi. Someone else on this thread disagreed with me though.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2018 5:53 PM

R98: Polo is bi, the creators of the show talked about that when the show was released

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2018 6:00 PM

I never watched Gossip Girl or Riverdale, but I'd imagine it's as trashy. Probably more similar to MTV's Scream. Regardless, Ander is super cute; he looks like Benjamin Pavard (and one french-american actor that shall not be named) so to me it's worth the watch

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2018 6:02 PM

R99 Thanks, so I was right. Whoever said I was wrong about it can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2018 6:04 PM

R100 Sadly I find Ander the least attractive of the cast, same with Omar. That's why the main gay couple was such a let down. All the hot guys were straight, sigh (except Polo I guess, he's a cutie and he's confirmed bi). This is why I don't want the main gay couple to have sex just so I can "watch porn" as someone here said. They don't turn me on anyway. I want them to have sex for equality, you know, gay and straight couples being treated as equal. It's a fact that the only gay couple on the show did not get to have sex on screen, while we saw countless of straight sex scenes. It's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2018 6:07 PM

Douchey title. Makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2018 6:13 PM

R103 Here in Norway the show is named Eliteskolen, literally The Elite School. Slightly better than Elite imo.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2018 6:25 AM

r102 Still going on on this, huh?

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2018 11:51 AM

Of the four guys I find cute, three are playing non-straight characters. Both Ander and Omar are attractive to me. The only straight male character I find attractive, is the one playing Samu.

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2018 12:02 PM

R106 That's funny. I find Christian, Polo, Guzman, Samuel and Nano attractive. The only ones who aren't attractive are the gay guys, Ander and Omar.

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2018 12:12 PM

I wanted them all deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2018 1:04 PM

r107 wtf Aron Piper(Ander) is a god. And Omar is a cutie.

Guzman looks like the gay twink from Center of My World

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2018 4:39 PM

r108 get ready to be fucked by Lucrecia's 12-inch cock

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2018 4:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2018 5:27 PM

r111 How can anyone deny that Ander and Omar are the hottest two?

by Anonymousreply 112October 18, 2018 7:40 PM

They are hot, but even if they weren't the storyline is interesting, in fact it has a lot of points of interest that weren't solved in the first season.

I read an article today and the actors became stars overnight, given that there are some rumours that some of them don't get along i hope they won't in Glee mode and made the filming a nightmare (fortunately the actors that didn't seem to get along were the ones playing Omar and Lu with the actress who plays Marina, given that Marina is dead and she won't appear in the second season problem solved)

by Anonymousreply 113October 18, 2018 7:52 PM

The creators said that they were very surprised by the reaction of viewers to Omander. They wanted to tell a story but they really didn't planned a love story just two boys exploring their sexuality with someone who was in the way. In fact they said they were a bit conditioned by the fans reaction, they thought on breaking the couple and let them explore for a while but they changed their minds. They talked about not given the fans what they want (they want a happy couple but they said the fans will be bored by the third episode) and given them insted what they don't know that they wanted yet. Anyway in their case (like in Nadia's case) it's quite easy to guess the path to follow, in fact Ander basically solved his family problems but Omar and Nadia are almost in the same situation they were at the beggining of the show, they changed but his father is still the same and the situation is probably even worst for them with less freedom

by Anonymousreply 114October 18, 2018 8:09 PM

R112 I can because they're not. I'm not attracted to them at all. To me they're the least attractive.

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2018 8:10 PM

r115 you are wrong

by Anonymousreply 116October 19, 2018 12:55 PM

r114 their father 100% dying next season

by Anonymousreply 117October 19, 2018 12:56 PM

There is still a great deal of potential with the dad and him being in the way of his kids' happiness. These family dramas need their villains who create all sorts of drama and teen angst within their main cast.

by Anonymousreply 118October 19, 2018 1:42 PM

r79, neither of them are students of the school the main cast goes to.

by Anonymousreply 119October 19, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote] Yup, I'm convinced Polo is bi. Someone else on this thread disagreed with me though.

I apologize if I am not the one you are referring to, but I never questioned Polo's bi status. I just tried to argue that he did put the moves on Christian (with the magazine cover) out of wounded pride that Christian didn't like him as much as Clara and he feared he was being pushed aside (which in the end did happen afterall).

by Anonymousreply 120October 19, 2018 2:18 PM

A message from Ander (Aron Piper) and Omar to you R115.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2018 5:26 PM

That's not Omar

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2018 11:35 PM

R122 Might not be. Hard to tell from a blurry photo. Eyebrow shapes look the same, but then the guy seems to have more chest hair than Omar so you may be right. I scrolled through IG comments, some think it is Omar. It would make sense that Aron is teasing "Ander y Omar" shippers for S2 by posting the photo. If you are sure that's not Omar, who is the guy?

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2018 9:41 AM

I’d guess it’s the guy who’s tagged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2018 10:55 AM

Everybody wants to fuck Ander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2018 11:36 AM

It's funny how many want to kill Marina, I don't go with the rumours about the bad relationships, but the truth is the creators said the whole cast (except Omar) wanted to be the killer (it seems that Omar didn't want his character to end in jail).

They say the most difficult character to cast was Christian and the easier Polo.

And Marina wasn't expected to be the character with HIV, it was a male character (a straight male character) but they changed their mind because they thought a character like Marina (woman, straight, rich) was almost the opposite of what people expect of a character with HIV when in fact everyone could be infected

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2018 5:53 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2018 9:31 PM

Polo just has the face of a true psycho. When he started crying in the bathroom, it was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2018 11:52 PM

I added it to my wish list.

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2018 1:34 AM

Someone said that they actors are even older than in american shows, but in fact they are between 20 and 24 most of them.

Omar is one of the youngest, he is 20 (without the facial hair he looks way younger) he is 4 years younger than the actress who plays his sister. Ander is 21.

I think in this case is quite easy to understand why they cast actors older than their characters. It would be very difficult to make all those sex scenes with underage actors

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2018 8:05 PM

Started watching this today. I'll watch anything with a decent gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2018 10:16 PM

I find Omar unattractive; I was bit disappointed when I realized he was going to be part of the gay storyline. Overall, the show is nothing special. I’m watching it in French for practice, which I generally only do with mediocre shows.

by Anonymousreply 132October 28, 2018 5:29 AM

Is this show similar in tone to Skins?

by Anonymousreply 133October 28, 2018 6:03 AM

Omar Ayuso & Aron Piper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 28, 2018 3:04 PM

R134, so sexy, with or without clothes.

by Anonymousreply 135October 28, 2018 3:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 28, 2018 5:51 PM

The show has surprisingly good reviews. Teen shows destined to be guilty pleasures usually don't get critics attention, i suppose they appreciate it for what it is, a fast pace teen drama with a little mystery.

The muslim family was a really good idea, it opens the show to a lot of themes. Both Omar and Nadia are clearly spanish (unlike their parents) but a lot of times is like being foreign in your own country. For a show that is not holding the storylines forever they took their time, both characters evolved but they are basically in the same position in terms of their family (both have exactly the same freedom or even less). And both Nadia and Omar ended in the most popular couples of the show (well calling Nadia and Gúzman relationship a couple is maybe a little too much).

I hope the actors are getting sage advice because they became very popular overnight. Fortunately three of the members were popular before so they could give some advice.

The show was a big hit in Brazil (it's easy to guess given a lot of fan videos on youtube are from Brazil)

by Anonymousreply 137October 28, 2018 6:49 PM

[Quote]I find Omar unattractive; I was bit disappointed when I realized he was going to be part of the gay storyline.

FINALLY! Someone other than me thinking he's unattractive. Ander and Omar were the two guys I found the most unattractive on the show, and of course they turned out to be the gays, lol! Typical my luck. At least I have cutie Polo as a possible bi guy.

by Anonymousreply 138October 28, 2018 7:06 PM

[Quote]Is this show similar in tone to Skins?

Yes, it reminded me a lot about Skins, don't know why. These kids are rich, the Skins kids were poor (or "working class"), but other than that there are a lot of similarities.

by Anonymousreply 139October 28, 2018 7:08 PM

Polo was pretty much confirmed bi on the show.

Christian is definitely at least bicurious as well.

by Anonymousreply 140October 28, 2018 7:08 PM

r138 We get it, you've said that 400 times already.

by Anonymousreply 141October 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Christian is at least hedonistic enough to be with a guy if that gives him pleasure.

And Polo is bi for sure. The actor is like a ken doll

I find interesting that both gay character have best male friends instead of the usual best female friend. Samuel and Omar relationship is very conventional, both guys grow together and they really like each other, but Gúzman/Ander friendship is very intereting. Both know each other for very long but they are from a different social class (Ander family is middle class while Gúzman is filthy rich), and Gúzman has a peculiar way to be a good friend, he obviously care for Ander but he is manipulative and possesive in their friendship

by Anonymousreply 142October 28, 2018 7:15 PM

Aron Piper/Ander is not ugly!!! WTF

by Anonymousreply 143October 28, 2018 8:02 PM

r142 they made Polo like the American Psycho dude

by Anonymousreply 144October 28, 2018 8:04 PM

R144: Ummm no, Polo in fact is insecure, Carla was for sure the one in control in that relationship. And the same in his relationship with Guzman. In fact he is soft bullied the whole time so he explodes

by Anonymousreply 145October 28, 2018 8:11 PM

Yeah, Polo freaked out when Carla disinvited him from that precious summer trip with her royal family. It also gave credibility to Guzman's claim that Christian and Carla are going to make a fool out of him if he stays in that arranged threesome.

by Anonymousreply 146October 30, 2018 7:24 PM

Polo is the typical person who is very different from what you expect for. He is rich, he is handsome but he is very insecure.

And it seems almost everybody thinks Guzman is a very good friend, but he is very manipulative with Polo and overprotective with Ander, like he always need to be in control of his friends.

Carla is a casting success, that girl looks like a delicate princess but she is very able to be a total bitch

by Anonymousreply 147October 30, 2018 8:44 PM

r145 no i mean his looks kinda remind me of the American Psycho dude.

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2018 6:43 AM

Guzman is the only one that I find totally unattractive. Christian, I wanna do him all day and all night. I think Ander and Omar are fine as fuck also. The remaining guys are also very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2018 7:23 AM

Hottest guys on the show (from hottest to ugliest).

1. Guzman

2. Nano

3. Christian

4. Sebastian

5. Polo

6. Ander

7. Omar

by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2018 7:46 AM

R142, the accent in Guzmán goes on the a. If for some reason, it’s pronounced with the emphasis on the first syllable (which would be a disruption of the traditional Spanish surname) then it wouldn’t require an accent.

Words ending in n,s, or vowel (including proper nouns) require a written accent if they’re accute (“agudas”) , meaning, if the emphasis is on the last syllable. Avión, Pelé, Anís. Otherwise, they don’t have a written accent. Mamar, tener, patrol.

Words with the emphasis on the second-to-last syllable (“llanas”) need a written accent if they do NOT end in an n, s, or vowel. Lápiz, López, súper. Otherwise, they don’t carry a written accent. Pinga, culo, examen.

Words with the emphasis on the third-to-last syllable or above (“esdrújulas”) always require a written accent. Décimo, Fátima, pésimamente.

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2018 8:51 AM

Omar looks like a chain smoker. Actor or character?

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2018 8:53 AM

[quote] And it seems almost everybody thinks Guzman is a very good friend, but he is very manipulative with Polo and overprotective with Ander, like he always need to be in control of his friends.

But Guzmán was right in both cases. Ander was in danger of slipping into s drug addiction, because he couldn't deal with the family problem (his father pushing him into a tennis career he doesn't like and got his hand broken in a fight while high). And Polo got ousted from the threesome he initiated. The show didn't show any indication of Guzmán having self serving motives for getting into his friends' business or being a smug "told 'ya!" kind of friend making his friends feel small and inferior (while he's the alpha in the pack).

by Anonymousreply 153October 31, 2018 12:30 PM

Sorry, slipping into a drug addiction, ...

by Anonymousreply 154October 31, 2018 12:32 PM

I love the moment of Samuel and Guzmán catching their best mates (Omar and Ander) making out with each other.

by Anonymousreply 155October 31, 2018 12:34 PM

Sorry, I meant Samuel, not Sebastian lol. I have no idea where Sebastian came from. I know his name is Samuel.

by Anonymousreply 156October 31, 2018 12:39 PM

r150 horrible taste. Also, Sebastian is so hot I don't even remember him existing in the show.

by Anonymousreply 157October 31, 2018 1:36 PM

Little Piper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 31, 2018 1:39 PM

Isn't Sebastian the third friend from Guzmán's entourage (Polo and Ander being the other two)?

by Anonymousreply 159October 31, 2018 3:05 PM

Oh, and if you’re gonna use accents, Sebastián wears one too.

by Anonymousreply 160October 31, 2018 6:11 PM

R153: I didn't say otherwise. He has good intentions and he cares about Ander, but the way he acted makes me think that he is able to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He didn't talk with Ander first, he went to his father.

Other thing that it was interesting was the way Guzman and Samuel let Ander and Omar they know they are gay. While Samuel way backfired and Omar ended comeing out as a drug dealer intead of gay it was a direct and soft approach. In Guzman's case it was about himself, the thing was not Ander being gay but why he didn't told Guzman. In the end he cares about his friend but Ander's coming out like his drug use concert had a lot to do with Guzman (or the way it affects him)

by Anonymousreply 161October 31, 2018 7:24 PM

One of the creators of the show Carlos Montero was not only the creator of Física o química but one of the writers of Al salir de clase, a teen deily soap opera that was very successful at the end of the 90's beginning of the 00's, so apart of Fer and David, he was the writer of Santi who was the first gay teen on a spanish tv (he was very far from the cliché because he was the bad boy of the high school when he started on the show and a trouble maker). It was the first daytime show who screened a gay kiss. Alejo Sauras the actor who played Santi is 20 years later still popular

One thing that is quite different on Elite than on his previous shows is that Ander and Omar don't struggle with their sexuality, both hide being gay but neither of them has trouble accepting they are attracted to men. I don't know if Ander really solved his situation with his father and tennis (i doubt he will accept he quitted that fast) but Omar is almost at the same point that at the beginning of the show with his family. I like they weren't trying an easy route with that storyline, Omar changed, now his not denying liking guys and he is even in love, but everything is still there to be solved which will give the writers plenty to work with

by Anonymousreply 162November 4, 2018 8:59 PM

r162 that's interesting

by Anonymousreply 163November 4, 2018 9:02 PM

I just watched the whole thing and really liked it. Are these names typical Spanish names? I find Guzman, Ander, and Polo to be strange names but maybe they're not unusual in Spain. I think all the guys are hot in their own way. And that Carla, wow, she really has a special something...very interesting actress. Samuel is really adorbs and almost too good to be true.

by Anonymousreply 164November 6, 2018 3:04 AM

Omar's name is really Omar IRL

by Anonymousreply 165November 6, 2018 9:34 AM

I’m malking MY own list:

The sixth runner up is: Nano (gets 🌹 and shoved out)

The fifth runner up is: Ander (gets 🌺 and his bony butt outta there)

The fourth runner up is: Lanky Polo! (gets 💐 and a $500 certifícate to Crunch Fitness to build bulk and b’bye).

The third runner up is: Guzmán!! (Some jeers from fans in the audience who like them big, cocky and straight, gets 💐 🌹 and a $1000 certifícate to Harry’s Dental Center and Tanning Spa)

Big suspense as the audience realizes that the winner will be someone under 5’ 7”. It’s a victorious day for pocket gays all over the planet.

The second runner up is ... Omar! (Big applause of support from all kinds of admirers of puppy-eyed otters, gets 💐, a sash that says Second Prince, a $5000 certifícate to the Fuzz Factory, and a small crown)

Christian and Samu hug and hold hands, facing each other. Usual 1st runner up crap speech is given.

And Mr. Elite 2018 is .....

CHRISTIAAAAAAAAN! (Samu gets 💐, little 👑, sash, and some certifícate thrown at him and shoved out of there BEHIND the commotion so you never hear from him again, until six months later pictures surface of Christian sucking dick which finally lands him the cover of a magazine: Daily Mail!)

Christian is definitely the hottest, and best acted character.

Lovers of adorable puppies and hot “straight” muscle studs rejoice at the thought that Christian is a happy medium for both. Compromise wins!

by Anonymousreply 166November 6, 2018 10:29 AM

My clear winner, when it comes to looks and acting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 6, 2018 10:37 AM

R167, good choice. And what a lovely ass he has!

by Anonymousreply 168November 6, 2018 11:05 AM

And great cocksucking lips, and warm smile.

by Anonymousreply 169November 6, 2018 11:30 AM

El culo de Miguel Herrán

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 6, 2018 11:46 AM

Elit3 is your typical teen soap, where the adults, however well intended some of them may be, are the bad guys and the kids are the good guys...and gorgeous!

I guess I’m saying it’s Madrid 90210.

But it’s still alluring enough. I’m in.

Their at the end of their junior year. They should have one more season, two tops, to tie all ends (right now everyone hates each other!) just in time for graduation.

by Anonymousreply 171November 6, 2018 12:52 PM

They’re *

by Anonymousreply 172November 6, 2018 12:53 PM

[quote]I guess I’m saying it’s Madrid 90210.

[quote]They should have one more season, two tops, to tie all ends (right now everyone hates each other!) just in time for graduation.

Unless they all go to Spain University.

by Anonymousreply 173November 6, 2018 12:56 PM

I guess it’s more like Río Dale, 90210.

Given all the dark plots, sexual trysts, and violence.

by Anonymousreply 174November 6, 2018 1:02 PM

It’s 2018 ... and very difficult to believe that the Olympic-sized swimming pool building of an elite European private school wouldn’t have at least one working security camera.

by Anonymousreply 175November 6, 2018 2:21 PM

Talking of pocket gays r166, it appears Omar Ayuso is part of that family. His perfect bed partner? Timothée Chalamet and he mentioned a male Spanish actor/celeb as his first celebrity crush.

by Anonymousreply 176November 6, 2018 2:26 PM

Omander interviewed on intimate questions. Omar is openly gay and Ander actor is straight. The latter has a the self confessed party boy, and the former agrees.

Both couldn’t stand Miguel Herran (hottie Christian) when they first met him and now bothadore him. Probably jealous of the Goya winner at first.

Ander actor (Arón Piper) would love to sleep with early Julia Roberts, Omar (his RL name as well) wants Timotay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 6, 2018 3:39 PM

Curiously i don't find Miguel Herran particularly handsome but the guy has so much charisma that he is really attractive.

I doubt Omar was jealous of the Goya, he wasn't an actor till Élite. In fact he is in the show just for luck, a couple of female friends listened in a bar someone saying they were luking for a young arab guy for the show and they call him to get the audition. He was studying to be a director (so he was not totally foreign to tb and acting). I suppose he is only half arab because his last name is spanish

Arón Piper was nominated to a Goya too, but not for his acting but for his writing. He was one of the writers of a song that was nominated when he was fifteen (i think he raps in that song). Arón was supposed to play Samuel

R171: The creators of the show talked about the show being limited in its seasons because they don't want to follow the characters once they leave high school. One of the them (the one who created Física o química) said that he has no fear of jumping the shark (he started in Al salir de clase which was a crazy daily show) but the other one is not that fond of crazy plots

by Anonymousreply 178November 6, 2018 6:34 PM

Omar’s Drag Queen name: Miss Zejas (cejas means eyebrows, but he wants it written with a Z)

Arón’s drag queen name:

by Anonymousreply 179November 6, 2018 6:38 PM

The actor who plays Christian has a painfully weak chin, which the directors of Elite hid, and the directors of La Casa de Papel did not.

by Anonymousreply 180November 7, 2018 12:34 AM

OMG just google Miguel Herran, and you’ll get dozens of pictures, none of which depict a weak chin at all. Quite the opposite, I’d say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 7, 2018 6:25 AM

Herrán wins Best Newcomer in 2016.

The lady in red is his mother. The crying guy is some person named David, whom Herrán thanks profusely for giving him a life and a career, since apparently he was an aimless punk before he started acting. So my bet is the crying guy is an agent, manager, director, or mentor - not a boyfriend or relative!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 8, 2018 1:32 PM

So Herrán May have been typecast in Elite!

by Anonymousreply 183November 8, 2018 1:33 PM

R183: He was not interested in the role at first, but when he knew two of his ex colleagues of La casa de papel got roles he decided to give it a try.

I suppose it's very common for actors but most of them got the role just by luck. Dana Paola almost missed the opportunity (and it was a good one for her who generally played good girls her whole career) because she was directly approached by email and she almost missed it.

Itzan Escamilla (Samuel) only got the role because he was partying with Arón Piper. Arón was supposed to play Samuel. Itzan did the cast too and he ended with the role of Samuel and Arón with Ander.

Omar got the role thanks a mutual friend with one of the women who were doing the casting, they talked about the show and they were looking for an arab young man, his friend show her a pic of Omar and he got the role.

One good thing about Miguel Herrán is that he really profited of winning the Goya. It wouldn't be the first time a young non profesional actor won best newcomer only to not get jobs after than and quitting acting (in fact one of the youngest female winners was doing microtheatre recently) but Miguel got that role in La casa de papel, he was not only getting jobs but being very successful in everything he did till now

by Anonymousreply 184November 8, 2018 5:08 PM

Gracias por toda esa información r184 et al - sé que debes ser español para estar tan informado.

by Anonymousreply 185November 8, 2018 5:34 PM

Any more behind the scenes stuff r184/r178?

by Anonymousreply 186November 8, 2018 5:35 PM

I think Netflix renewed the show even before the first season was aired. There was a recent interview with Dana Paola and she said there's crazy stuff for second season.

I fear a little for the actors (specially the ones who weren't famous first) because they are everywhere. The guy who plays Guzman is everywhere because he is supposedly (both of them denied) the runner up in last years Operación triunfo (a talent show which by the way was way gay last year, in fact both gay hymns that Arón and Omar mentioned in the interview were sung in that show) but i think he will deal well with that, hiis mother is a famous actress and his uncle is Nacho Duato, a famous dances and choreographer.

The actors who play Nano and Marina are supposedly dating. In this case is suppose it's real (but we know that this type of shows generate a lot of similar rumours).

There was an article on a cinema magazine a couple of months ago when one of the directors made an unvoluntary spoiler (that Marina was the character who died), at that time it was a spoiler because there was a discussion about the way the storyline will be told. The creators wanted it the way it is but on Netflix there were some doubts because they thought that it was similar to the beginning of 13 reasons why but in the end they let them do it their way. The magazine didn't revealed the spoiler (of course by the time the show was released it was not a spoiler anymore but something revealed at the very beginning).

In the interview was pretty clear that they had something written for the second season because they said Marina won't be on the second season (maybe on a flashback but nothing more) and there won't be jail scenes (so maybe Nano will be released from prison soon). That there'll be two or three new characters. And that they know fans want Omander to be happy but that'll be pretty boring after a couple of episodes.

This kind of show usually tanks in second season but there's some hope because Física or química was a decent guilty pleasure for several seasons. Curiously most of FoQ actors had decent careers (most of them even great careers right now). The guy who played Fer, the gay teen mostly quitted acting but curiously he is right now the most popular one because he is a successful director, he had success on theatre, film and tv show (and he even was a teacher on the talent show Operación triunfo which was a huge hit last year). He did everything with his boyfriend (who is the codirector)

They were everywhere when they started to promote the show (even i didn't pay that much attention) and they are still everywhere. I was listening the radio and they were promoting a radio show with the actors who play Carla and Polo

by Anonymousreply 187November 8, 2018 6:39 PM

I saw some magazine show or YouTube clip in which Dana belted I Will Always Love You a la Whitney Houston. She sounded pretty good, if a little nasal.

by Anonymousreply 188November 8, 2018 6:44 PM

She was a child prodigy in Mexico. She started acting and singing at 3. The show is an opportunity for her too, first because she changed radically the type of character she used to play (i know Lu is described as the villain, and even she is harsh she has a heart too, in my opinion Carla is the top bitch there) and second because now she is popular in Spain too (she was unknown till now). Given the show was a hit in a lot of south american countries (specially in Brazil, half of the fan videos are from Brazil) she had now a way bigger market. And they used three of her songs in the show (i think one of her songs is at the moment she arrives at Carla's mother party)

by Anonymousreply 189November 8, 2018 7:29 PM

I would like to thank all these great posters who share the press and behind the scenes gossip from outside the US. Things like this is why I love Datalounge so very much. Thank you r189, r188, r187, R184 / r178, etc.

by Anonymousreply 190November 8, 2018 7:55 PM

The cast holds a viewing of Season 1’s last episode. I don’t pretend to make you watch the whole thing but I couldn’t help noticing that the actor who plays Nano pings, and the actors who play Guzmán and Polo are very touchy feely throughou at least the first 10 minutes (didn’t watch the whole thing).

We’re talking Polo’s hand is grabbing the inside of Guzmán’s leg and Guzmán is hugging Polo’s shoulder. Herrán/Christian is notably absent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 8, 2018 9:46 PM

The guy who plays Nano is supposedly dating María Pedraza (Marina).

I heard rumours about Polo and Carla but i think it's more the typical rumours of actors on this type of show.

Guzmán is all over the press here is Spain because there are rumours he is dating Aitana Ocaña, the runner up of last years Operación Triunfo (a talent show). Of course the poor girl is dating every guy in her way since she left the show. Both denied rumours and there's a precedent with a fellow contestant, Ana Guerra (both signers had a bit hit this summer) who was linked to José Lamuño, an actor (very handsome) who is not exactly out of the closet but it's not that secret anyway (so the press will link anyone with anyone if they sell, no matter if they know the couple is fake and they are acrively denying).

Miguel (Guzmán) has a famous gay uncle. Nacho Duato who was a famous dancer and now is a choreograper.

The cast (agains some rumours) seems to like to hang together. Omar said they are like a family, and like every family they have their ups and downs

by Anonymousreply 192November 9, 2018 8:43 PM

Loved this series. Was expecting some Riverdale rubbish but was pleasantly surprised by how adult it was.

by Anonymousreply 193November 9, 2018 8:47 PM

R193: The curious thing is the creators focused only in the young cast. They said that one great thing of filming for Netflix is that they didn't have to write a show for everyone like in a conventional tv, so the adult characters are just on the sides (there's no scene with an adult without one of the young characters). On the other hand they said that create a show for young audiences doesn't mean it should be limited to younger viewers because in fact if the story is interesting there'll be adults who enjoy the show

by Anonymousreply 194November 9, 2018 9:13 PM

Guzman and Samuel are the only main characters who have not kissed a dude yet.

Even Nano got a kiss from Christian.

by Anonymousreply 195November 9, 2018 10:06 PM

If you count the brotherly kiss from Christian to Nano, then you should be able to count Nano’s several kisses to his brother Samu as well as Guzman’s kissing his dad.

by Anonymousreply 196November 10, 2018 8:32 AM

I’m 58 and I’ve enjoyed Madrid 90210 tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 197November 10, 2018 8:33 AM

Lamuño, yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198November 10, 2018 8:34 AM

r196 oh I didn't know Samu and Nano kissed too, must've forgot

Anw so Guzman is the only one who haven't kissed a dude in this show lmao I love this but I think Guzman and Ander will kiss at some point next season

by Anonymousreply 199November 10, 2018 9:51 PM

r198 who is that

by Anonymousreply 200November 10, 2018 9:52 PM

R200 Jose Lamuño

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 10, 2018 9:53 PM

R191: There are a lot of videos of them partying during the filming, Herrán is not in most of them. There were rumours that María Pedraza (Marina) didn't get along with Danna (Lucrecia) and Omar, but there are tons of videos of them joking and having fun (and Omar said it very clear they were like a family with its good and bad things).

Of course Herrán is the most popular actor of the cast so he could be easily busy during all that time the rest spent together. By Arón and Omar interview Herrán seems to be very reserved and took some time to know him. In my opinion he knows what happened to other Goya winners who came out of the blue and he took his opportunity very seriously.

by Anonymousreply 202November 11, 2018 10:56 AM

Oh shit. I just remembered. Polo and Guzman did kiss on the lips on Marina's funeral lmao.

Every guy on here has kissed another guy! *mindblown*

by Anonymousreply 203November 11, 2018 11:52 AM

What happened to Marina's first boyfriend? We know that Guzmán and Polo attacked him and then he left town. Is this the secret Polo kept talking about what had happened? It was never really clear.

by Anonymousreply 204November 11, 2018 12:28 PM

R204: I think he drugged her and he was responsible for her being HIV positive. He was one of the poor students. He was the son of one of the worker, i don't remember if it was the chef's son or something like that, and that's the reason Guzmán was so against the new students

Guzmán almost killed him. Ander was questioned about that by the police (and he lied to protect Guzmán)

by Anonymousreply 205November 11, 2018 12:33 PM

Polo lied for him too (or at least it's implied, because Polo was there too).

That's what he said to Guzmán at the party when he got angry because they bring Christian

by Anonymousreply 206November 11, 2018 12:37 PM

Just found out 22-year old Pedraza used to be a professional ballerina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 11, 2018 1:27 PM

The guy crying in the Goya audience is Spanish director Daniel Guzmán, who discovered Herrán.

by Anonymousreply 208November 11, 2018 1:29 PM

How many of you watched it in Spanish versus watching it in dubbed English?

by Anonymousreply 209November 11, 2018 1:30 PM

I speak Spanish, watched it in Spanish but found the English subtitles helpful because I’m not from Spain and a lot of colloquialisms Can go over my head. Élite is jammed with them, as well as youth-speak, and I’m in my fifties.

by Anonymousreply 210November 11, 2018 1:34 PM

Subtitles for me. I’ve never watched a dubbed movie or series and never will.

by Anonymousreply 211November 11, 2018 1:36 PM

I watched it in Spanish (with subtitles on), because I like the language.

by Anonymousreply 212November 11, 2018 4:28 PM

R208: Daniel Guzmán had a very emotional night. It was his first project as director (he is a known actor), his grandma (who died last month) was nominated (it was her first and only film, she was not profesional) and he discovered Herrán who won for best newcomer.

I think subtittles are very useful, of course it's not totally accurate, and sometimes the slang is not trasnlated that well but i think they did a good job (and it's good they have a lot of different options)

In Spain all films and tv shows are dubbed (that explain our bad english), the advantage is there are a lot of good actor doing it. In Portugal it's the other way around (which in my opinion is better) but when they try to dub a show the result is terrible

by Anonymousreply 213November 11, 2018 6:30 PM

A Puerto Rican coworker of mine started to watch but got irritated that he didn't understand the Spanish (his native tongue) and was too proud to use the English subtitles, so he quit.

by Anonymousreply 214November 11, 2018 9:56 PM

R214, maybe that was just an excuse and he got too hot and bothered by the hot male flesh.

by Anonymousreply 215November 11, 2018 9:58 PM

Actually, NETFLIX gives you two "Spanish" option for the language. "European Spanish" as they call it and that is the original or "Spanish" which is dubbed in some kind of neutral Spanish spoken in LatinAmerica.

by Anonymousreply 216November 12, 2018 7:42 AM

Elite explained in 7 minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 12, 2018 12:39 PM

I think the actor playing Polo is dating the actress playing Carla. They often comment and like each other's pics on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 218November 12, 2018 1:22 PM

R 216: Yes, there are two spanish versions. Anyway your coworker is really lazy (or his knowledge of spanish is not that good), when i watch mexican or colombian telenovelas there are words that i don't understand (but they are not difficult to guess by context) and the accent is way different but that's what make rich a language, the different interpretations around the world. I find it more difficult in novels because you have to made an effort but in the end it pays the prize.

R218: The actors playing Polo and Carla are rumoured to be dating (which is something that happens everytime in this type of show), but comment and like each other pics is not a clue given that Ester usually edit Alvaro's pics before updloading them. They even comment that in an interview.

Of course they could be dating, they are young and beautiful and all that, and the cast seems to get really well (there were some rumours about Omar and Danna not liking María, but there are a good bunch of them hanging together)

The rehearsals for next season start next month. People keep asking the actors for some clues but they don't know anything (and it seems this time they are saying the truth, and i say that because they knew from the beginning the show was renewed, it seems one of those cases that Netflix has so much confidence that renew the show before the release)

by Anonymousreply 219November 12, 2018 5:44 PM

[quote] (and it seems this time they are saying the truth, and i say that because they knew from the beginning the show was renewed, it seems one of those cases that Netflix has so much confidence that renew the show before the release)

Some TV shows get a contract that "guarantees" an x amount of seasons (like, two) right from the start so the showrunners cancreate an overall story and character development road map for that guaranteed run of the show. Of course if the ratings are terrible the TV station can pull the plug after a few episodes (like, say, ABC) or cancel it after one season (HBO, or Netflix) or significantly cut its budget (Lifetime, they did that with Drop Dead Diva and Devious Maids).

Of course there is also the approach of greenlighting just a limited run and, if successful, order more episodes later (like it was recently done with The Connors) on and then go from there (greenlighting a full second season) when the first season has aired in full (or a couple of episodes before).

by Anonymousreply 220November 12, 2018 6:06 PM

r209, I started watching in Spanish and couldn't understand anything (Spaniards speak so fast! I could only understand the Mexican girl, Lu), then I turned on Spanish subtitles, and they went by so fast I couldn't read them, so I switched to English subtitles and finally understood what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 221November 12, 2018 6:16 PM

R220: That's not the case. The show was one season (of course with the posibility of more), Netflix bosses watched the first season and thought it would be a success so they decided a second one even before the release (which is the reason a show that was aired in october has some screen plays ready to start rehearsals in december).

Right now La casa de las flores is filming its second and third seasons at the same time.

R221: Yes spaniards speak faster than in southamerica, and we sound rude in comparision with the soft accents (it happens the same with portuguese and brazilians). For some southamericans is a shock when they come to Spain because they think we are angry all the time. Not all regions of Spain are the same, Galicia has a softer accent (there's another language there, gallego that came from latin too) while Vasque is harsher (they have their own language too, Euskera whichi is one of the oldest languages in europe, it's pre romans). That on the north, but it happens the same on the south, Andalucía is soft (they speak really fast and had an strong accent) while in Extremadura the tone is way harder.

The show was a huge hit in soutamerica, specially on Brazil. It did very well on Asia, and was big in most european countries, specially on France and Italy.

The numbers are poorer in english speaking countries, i guess because most people are not used to subtittles or watching shows on a foreign language. It would happen the same if in Spain was released a show with subtittles (people are used to be dubbed)

by Anonymousreply 222November 12, 2018 6:49 PM

Do we know something about the actors who played the gay couple?

by Anonymousreply 223November 13, 2018 5:50 PM

I didn't watched too many interviews with Alvaro (Polo) but i find curious that he is not questioned about Polo's sexuality more.

He was the first actor hired but he played the role of Guzmán in the cast.

Guzmán is an interesting character too, he has a very controlling way to be friend, he cares for Polo and Ander, but he seems to have the need to control and manipulate them. He is way more successful with Polo, Ander goes his own way most of the time. Arón was questioned about the reason Ander gets along so well with the new students and he thinks the reason is even Ander is perfectly integrated in the elite group, he feels he doesn't belong there so he is receptive to the new students

I find curious people speculate about the sexuality of actors who play gay characters like playing a straight character make you automatically straight. Anyway, gay or straight sex scenes are not comfortable for most actors

by Anonymousreply 224November 13, 2018 6:17 PM

Polo and Guzman making out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 15, 2018 12:49 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 226November 15, 2018 1:20 PM

The cast like to dance for sure, there are tons of videos of them dancing.

They seem to get along very well, hopefully it'll last. Everybody knows Glee set was a nightmare and it happened to a lot of teen shows, young actors, suddenly they are popular, the ego explodes and all that jazz

by Anonymousreply 227November 15, 2018 5:56 PM

r227. I could see that the set gets a bit tense in the second season with Miguel Herrán letting the award success get to his head and annoy his co-stars (or where they resent him). It's not like they are seasoned professionals.

Glee became the most toxic when Darren Criss became the standing out shooting star while Queen Bee Lea Michele and Chris Colfer felt sidelined all of a sudden and took it out at others like Naya Rivera (well, Lea mostly did).

by Anonymousreply 228November 15, 2018 6:04 PM

R225 Oh my word, I'm dead.

by Anonymousreply 229November 15, 2018 6:13 PM

R225 Looks like they're at a gay bar. Not surprised, Spain is very gay. I was in Madrid a few years ago and the gay nightlife there was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 230November 15, 2018 6:14 PM

R228: Miguel Herrán won the Goya in almost three years ago, i think he had plenty of time to focus. And he knows there were several young actors in his position, who won the same award and their career went nowhere. A Goya is not an oscar, it's a recognition but doesn't guarantee getting work.

Miguel seems pretty reserved, there are tons of videos of the cast having fun. Miguel is absent of most of them. But Arón and Omar said he is a great guy, they thought he was distant at first but when they really knew him they thought he was a great guy.

I think being a Netfilx hit has its advantages, you make a name for yourself, you are suddenly popular, but not being on conventional tv make that you are not so recognizable for everybody on the street so give you some time to adjust. Omar said he is still doing exactly the same things, going to university and travel on the underground. He simply avoids too populated streets.

On the other hand Miguel Bernadeau is the son of a very popular actress (she is known for more than 30 years and she is on a very veteran and popular show) so he is used to fame and probably has weapons to deal with it (but he seemed very uncomfortable with the rumours of dating Aitana Ocaña). His mother is not one of those who are all the time in magazines talking about her life so i suppose he wants something similat to himself

Glee was massive and in my opinion Ryan Murphy has a tendency to favour some actors in detriment of others which is not the best way to create a good enviroment

by Anonymousreply 231November 15, 2018 6:18 PM

r225 Where is it?

by Anonymousreply 232November 15, 2018 7:09 PM

R232 They didn't kiss.

by Anonymousreply 233November 15, 2018 7:12 PM

Really looking forward to season 2. It's been a sleeper hit here in the UK, but I think we're pretty open to watching series with subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 234November 15, 2018 7:12 PM

They will start rehearsals next month and i suppose they'll start filming in january or february.

by Anonymousreply 235November 15, 2018 7:45 PM

There was an article in El Pais (the most important spanish paper) about how the music of La casa de papel and Élite had an impact on streaming in foreign countries. I don't even remember if there's music but it during Omar and Ander main scene became a hit (it's not even a new song, and it's from an almost unknown band)

by Anonymousreply 236November 15, 2018 8:37 PM

r233 Then they weren't making out.

by Anonymousreply 237November 15, 2018 8:44 PM

r225 fuiken clickbait. they've already kissed on the show anyways

by Anonymousreply 238November 16, 2018 12:09 AM

wtf this show is wild!!! They just aired season 1 and haven't even filmed season 2 and they already have season 3? lol I love them ❤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 17, 2018 9:00 AM

Can we take a moment to appreciate the soundtrack. The music was on point during the entire season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 17, 2018 9:39 AM

R239, The Big Bang Theory didn’t even do it step by step, like Elite. They went ahead and decided, at the same moment, to renew seasons 2 and 3, with contracts to reflect it.

by Anonymousreply 241November 17, 2018 10:15 AM

R239: I'm not that surprised. La casa de las flores was renewed for seasons 2 and 3 at the same time. They can film both seasons at the same time so give the actors plenty of time to work on another projects. Netflix bosses were pretty confident the show would be a success and they were right and the creators had ideas for two more seasons (at least)

by Anonymousreply 242November 17, 2018 10:23 AM

it was a top 5 show across all streaming service[and not just netfflix] around the world for many weeks .so it is not surprising

by Anonymousreply 243November 17, 2018 4:32 PM

Even the music of the show was successful in several countries. If you watch fan videos there are a lot of comments made by turquish fans or brazilians.

For the actors is great news, they have work for 8 months (if all survive to the third season), they have two premiers in 2019 for second season and in 2020, giving them time to work on other projects and if they have not luck the'll be in the spotlight again the following year.

I don't know if they wrap up in three seasons or leave room for more. As the creators say being a high school show limit the number of seasons, but with 8 episodes for season they have some room if the second and third became as successful as the first season

by Anonymousreply 244November 17, 2018 5:43 PM

Polo and Guzman again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 18, 2018 2:26 AM

They like each other for sure, maybe not in a romantic or sexual way, but they really like each other.

The whole cast is very affectionate with each other, no matter the sex of the castmate

by Anonymousreply 246November 18, 2018 7:25 PM

There was an interview on EW with Miguel Bernardeau (Guzmán) where he talks about Nadia-Guzmán, and how close to her own story is. Mina (Nadia) talked about the bad memories wearing the hijab gave her. It seems she came from a very conservative family too and had to fight for being an actress.

I think most shows could learn a thing or two about Élite, here the shipps that worked better where not the supposed main couple (trio). Watching the videos is quite obvious that Omar-Ander and Guzmán-Nadia are the couples with more fans and Netflix is promoting all shipps (there were a photo session with Arón and Omar recently). Generally gay couples generate a good fanbase if there's a decent storyline, but with Guzmán and Nadia you get a lot of fans from a storyline where they barely touch each other.

And it's nice they create a muslim family which is more common than the usual representation

by Anonymousreply 247November 21, 2018 5:13 PM

And Omar Ayuso is on a music video of the indie band Miss Caffeina. The video is weird (most of their videos are weird) and Omar is barely in two scenes kissing a guy

The sons is inspired on other spanish show, the very gay friendly Merlí, in fact there's a couple of sentences in catalán

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 21, 2018 5:32 PM

Dude on left is hot

by Anonymousreply 249November 21, 2018 7:50 PM

I was wondering what happened with Miguel Herrán to not hanging with the rest of the cast but after reading an interview with him i understand why he is so reserved.

He was questioned about where do he thinks he will be if he wasn't discovered by Dani Guzmán and he said he was almost sure he would be dead or in jail

He said he didn't keep any of his pre fame friends (probably that's better for him) and he thanked his mother for not quit on him, he said he was a terrible son and the enviroment was not the best, very small and conservative village and he was the son of a single mother.

When he won the Goya he knew he was his oportunity and he is working hard for keep it the good momentum (even he recognize he knows the popularity won't last). He even said he doesn't like social media but even he was tempted to close it he knows is good to have followers to have jobs

by Anonymousreply 250November 23, 2018 7:43 PM

So the guy who plays Ander is dating anyone in real life?

by Anonymousreply 251November 27, 2018 1:59 PM

R251: If he is dating someone it's not public. Soime of them (like the guy who played Guzmán) are always in the press (like it or not), and there are some speculation about Polo and Carla, and even Samuel and Lu (that sounds a lot more like some fans read too much over a pic). About the actors playing Ander, Guzmán and Nadia i didn't read anything related to their relationships. And i think the only relationship more or less confirmed is between Nano and Marina.

They seem very close to each other (which of course fuels the gossips). Yesterday the actor who played Polo was the host on am award event on his village (he was the host even when he was not a known actor in previous years) and the whole cast was there, even the actress who plays Marina (even when she was not going to be in the second season for obvious reasons). There are some videos of Álvaro dressed like Marilyn Monroe in some parts of the ceremony

by Anonymousreply 252November 27, 2018 5:18 PM

R252 Thank you. He’s cute and I thought he had a girlfriend already, maybe I confused him with another one.

by Anonymousreply 253November 27, 2018 5:20 PM

R253: Well i think he is a party boy (so maybe he has indeed a girlfriend). He and Itzan (who seems very different from his character) like to party a lot.

Anyway, i think they'll be in the news for a good while. Netflix keep promoting the show (there were a photo session with Aron and Omar last week) and i think they will feed the fans in the following months (they'll start the rehearsals next month and i think they'll be filming for 8 months)

Their lives changed but most of them are keeping a low profile (well not so low because they are posting a lot on instagram) at least in terms of gossip press. Omar said that he keeps his life more or less the same, he is still studying and he only avoids discoteques because that's a little too much (which is understable). Omar is the only new to acting, so the rest are only enjoying the fact that their career is now on another level. I hope they can keep the good relationship of the whole cast. We have plenty examples of the enviroment becoming toxic on this type of shows after success

by Anonymousreply 254November 27, 2018 5:52 PM

R254 agreed. But, it gives me more Skam vibes to be honest than all the other shows mentioned in here

by Anonymousreply 255November 28, 2018 9:23 AM

R255: I don't know, i don't think Skam has any aldult following while Élite is probably a guilty pleasure for a lot.

Skam is more like a typical teen show. I only watched some videos of the spanish version.. Critical reviews in Spain for both shows were quite different

by Anonymousreply 256November 28, 2018 5:43 PM

R256 When you’re talking about “adult following” what age are you referring to? Bc I’m in my mid 20s and I liked Skam 😆

by Anonymousreply 257November 28, 2018 5:55 PM

R257: When i watched Skam i thought it was a teen show like a lot i watched before. The coming out was nice but it was exactly the same i watched in other gay storylines, someone struggling with his sexuality and in love for his best friend. Not that i didn't like it but i don't think an adult who don't usually like teen shows could find Skam entertaining. Élite knows its target but it has elements that can attract people who are not its target

Skam is not an influence on Élite like Riverdale or Gossip girl (i think Élite is way better than both) because it was released while Élite was being filmed.

Élite directors worked on films before, and i think it's pretty clear in the way it was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 258November 28, 2018 6:02 PM

I don’t like either Riverdale or GG.....but I get your point. One of my friends liked Skam and he was in his early 30s...

Maybe, but Elite could be similar to Rebelde ( the Mexican version). Don’t know if you’re aware of this series, it had many remakes in South America....and yeah it’s old now that I think about it....

by Anonymousreply 259November 28, 2018 6:34 PM

Well, i liked Skam too, don't get me wrong, but i like this type of high school shows (i liked them even when i went to high school and knew first hand it was not that funny).

I don't think Rebelde has nothing to do with Élite apart of being a preppy high school.

Of all the shows Riverdale is the one closer. The difference is Élite do well all the things that fail on Riverdale.

Élite creators know what they wanted to do, they want a guilty pleasure, a fast paced show you can't stop watching, but in the process they gave something more. They took some risks with the threesome (i have to say that it's my less favourite storyline of the show), they treat all characters equaly and gave them their place (something Riverdale fails big time) and one could learn something from this because the most popular couples are not the ones one could expect. All characters have layers, even Lu who is basically there in first season to say his one liners and being a little bitch shows at the end that she is more than the snob she pretends to be. And there's the muslim siblings. In my opinion Nadia and Omar are the best characters of the show. Instead of make Nadia the usual poor damsel unable to defend herself they make her a strong girl (sometimes she is very high on her high horse), she is smart, but she is religious, she can be judgemental, but she knows how to stand her ground. And Omar who in an american show probably would be Ander's love interest, here he is linked to a lot of characters, instead of being the bad boy drug dealer, he is in fact the good guy of the show (like his best friend Samu). And the moment Nadia knows he is gay is a turning point that makes the siblings relationship very interesting,

One of the things that i really liked is that there are a lot of things happening, but Nadia and Omar are exactly at the same point at the end of the story, living in an oppressive enviroment but withot wanting to cause pain to their parents (like their older sister did). They are at the same point but they are totally different which makes very interesting what could happen with them in the next season,

I lilke the characters have their storylines but at the same time they are linked to rest. I hope the new characters (they started the cast) add something. And they should try to keep some humour in the second season, going all dark it would be a mistake,

by Anonymousreply 260November 28, 2018 6:54 PM

I'd say Elite's success is down to the fact it's a lot more 'adult' than things like Riverdale. I'd say here in Europe we tend to be a bit more easy about adult themes in otherwise teen programmes. Hollyoaks in the UK would be a good example of that.

by Anonymousreply 261November 28, 2018 6:58 PM

I enjoy this show and am really, really enjoying this discussion.

Something I rarely say on DL.

by Anonymousreply 262November 28, 2018 7:01 PM

R260 Are you European as well? Mmm...bc another example I could give is Paso Adelante....I honestly have the same vibes from all these series...But, again the US ones are a no for me.

by Anonymousreply 263November 28, 2018 7:06 PM

R263: Un paso adelante was a different kind of show. It was a bit like the spanish version of Fame. By the way Edu del Prado who was gorgeous (and gay) died last year, it was really sad. He developed a theatre career after the show. Other gay actor of the show is Asier Etxendía, who has a very good career on theatre, film and tv.

The show became very big and they even formed a band (the first album sold a lot, even when Beatriz Luengo didn't like the music at all).

Probably the main influence for Élite is Física o química, they have the same creator and in my opinion Carlos is able to do on Élite what he couldn't on Física o química. The suppose start of Física o química was a big different of what they finally did, it was not a student hooking up with a female teacher but with a male teacher but i think Antena 3 freaked out a bit. Anyway the show was incredibly gay friendly and gave one of the most popular gay couples ever on spanish tv. Carlos said he confided Omander get a big following because Fer and David had international following (he reminds international forums following their storyline but not the rest of the show). I watched some videos recently and they are still funny, but i hope they don't kill Ander or Omar like they did with Fer.

And it would be good if élite actors will have the same careers of some of Física o química actors because most of them had very good careers.

I watched the Omander storyline and the Nadia/Guzmán storyline on internet, and now i'm watching the whole show, and i'm liking it a lot. It remind me the John Mortimer's Paradise postponed, obviously not for the storyline but because that novel (like this show) give you exactly what you expect but then give you some more

I think Élite wouldn't be the same on a traditional tv. Being on Netflix gave them the opportunity of telling the story they wanted without the need to satisfy everyone. Other thing that i liked is that they don't waste episodes and episodes around the same matter and gave importance to all stories and characters I know some spoilers, but i didn't watched the 8 episode yet, but i find the end of season for Omar/Ander and Nadia very satisfying even if it's not a happy ending

by Anonymousreply 264November 28, 2018 7:46 PM

As long as it’s not too cutie cutie with Ander and Omar I’m on board....they need to put some “distractions” in there.

by Anonymousreply 265November 28, 2018 9:06 PM

R265: I don't think there'll be third wheels in their relationship on season 2. The creators said they have enough obstacles in their relationship without adding a third and i agree.

If there's a new gay guy it will probably be for Polo. If i were one of the writers i would make Polo a sympathetic character, i would want watchers rooting for him not being trapped. And a new guy could add tension between him and Carla now that they have a dirty secret. Everything that put him out of her orbit and her control will add some drama

by Anonymousreply 266November 29, 2018 5:11 PM

R266 That makes more sense then.

by Anonymousreply 267November 29, 2018 5:22 PM

And leave Nano rotting in jail?!!

by Anonymousreply 268November 29, 2018 5:32 PM

By the way, today i was listening a humour show on the radio and they comment the gossip magazines.

Well, Omar Ayuso was on one magazine because he was having a coffee with Amaia (she represented Spain on eurovision this year with her then boyfriend). She is a very nice girl and amazing singer (she and Omar were together at a aids gala recently so it's not news that they are friends), and she is bestie with a fellow ot contestant, Aitana (the supposed girlfriend of Miguel Bernardeau). I suppose on the magazine they got too excited with the possibility of another operación triunfo - Élite crossover and directly implied that they could be more than friends.

And then the male host said; Are they implying they are a couple? Female host: well, it seems they are speculating about that, they said their fans are doing it MH: Omar is a really nice guy, he was here last mont promoting élite, but isn't he gay? FH: Yes, he is openly gay.

My conclussion is that a closet case openly bearding is just an idiot, you only need to be having a coffee with a female friend to make gossip magazines do all the dirty work and you don't even need to lie. That's nothing new, i remember some magazine did the same with Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele back in the day

by Anonymousreply 269November 29, 2018 5:35 PM

R268: Not necessarily. They can't have proves of Nano being guilty because he is not, but that doesn't mean they catch Polo either.

I think Nano won't be in jail that long, i remember an interview with Carlos and Dario and they said they won't film Nano in jail, so i think he'll be released from jail pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 270November 29, 2018 5:37 PM

r266 isn't Omar already arranged to be married??

Also, we rarely see Polo and Ander connect even if hey're on the same circle with Guzman

by Anonymousreply 271November 29, 2018 10:22 PM

R271: No, Nadia made some comments to her parents to make them think the girl was not the right one. Of course his father wanted to arrange his marriage before knowing the gay rumours so who knows.

I think the poor father is going to have a rocky second season because both siblings are in collision route with him. Maybe Omar didn't rebel when his father was angry about what Ander's mother tell him, but he was ready to fight for the right of her sister to go to the party. And the father reacted correctly to Nadia, he knows she is going to find a path that will collide with what his father wants.

In my opinion, apart of being religious their father is obsessed with what happened with their older sister, so it's even more controlling to them.

Omar is very isolated right now, his drug dealer career is over and he is under his father thumb all day. He has Ander, Samu (i don't know if Omar knows that Samu knows he is gay, i got to the part were Samu wants to talk about it but Omar thinks he is talking about him being a drug dealer and that conversation don't end well. I find funny that Samu asked Omar some advice about sex even knowing he is not into girls) and his sister.

It's curious that Ander and Polo are in the same circle and share some needs but i think the only think they have in common is Guzmán. It's curious that Guzmán is a lot more controlling with his male friends than with his love interests. He has a very open relationship with Lu at first (i agree with Carla, Lu wanted a conventional boyfriend but accepts what Guzmán gave to her) and he is not possesive with Nadia either (even with all the mistakes he make). But with his boys is different. Anyway, both relationships are very different. Polo wants to be a best friend but he is only a subordinate and a sidekick. They share the same class (not like Ander) and know each other since small kids but Guzmán manipulates Polo the same way Carla does. With Ander is different, he has those possesive traits with him too but due Ander's character their relationship is more like equals. Ander has a tendency to do whatever he wants, and Guzmán subtle manipulations don't work with him like they work with Polo.

Ander and Omar have a lot in common, their trouble comes from not wanting to dissapoint their fathers but they don't have any conflict with their sexuality (the actors talked about wanting them to be ok with being gay but having external conflicts). Once Ander meets Omar he goes "openly gay i want to kiss my boyfriend in front everybody" mode in little time. Of course Omar can't afford that

by Anonymousreply 272November 30, 2018 6:58 PM

Some posters recommended Merli for another series to watch. Looks like it also has a gay storyline. It is on Netflix, so I will probably start it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 273November 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Let us know if it is worth a watch, R273.

by Anonymousreply 274November 30, 2018 8:09 PM

I only watched Merlí's first season and i liked it a lot.

It's a very different show and philosophy is a nuclear part of the show, because Merlí is a philosophy teacher.

It seems feminists don't like the show, i read an article yesterday that bashed the show and the creator (who is openly gay). In my opinion the accusations were ridiculous, Merlí is a womanizer, a terrible boyfriend and not exactly the father of the year, but if you want perfect characters you will end with fiction in no time. The accusations of not including female philosophers in first season to show how misoginistic is are a little ridiculous given the fact the number of important male philosophers is way higher than female ones. She even accused him of giving only importance to male homosexuality (the creator of the show is gay) and not including lesbians.

Anyway, the show takes on important matters. In terms of gay storyline you know the show is different than usual when the gay character is not a random guy but the son of the main character. His crush on his best friend goes way beyond the usual.

Using Élite as example, Pol (Bruno's best friend) is que equivalent of Christian. He is poor, he is an hedonist and he tends to use his girlfriends and hook up with Bruno for pure sexual gratification which make their friendship on test.

Bruno is not exactly a likeable character. He can be a nice guy, and generally he is, but he can be a jerk for sure.

On the second season the gay storyline declines because the actor playing Bruno left the show, coming back at the end of the third season.

Bruno is not the only gay character. Oliver appeared at the end of the first season, but i don't know if he has a love storyline

by Anonymousreply 275November 30, 2018 8:18 PM

The song posted above (where Omar Ayuso appeared kissing a guy) is inspired by the show, in fact the name of the song is the same that the show, Merlí

by Anonymousreply 276November 30, 2018 8:23 PM

After Bruno left Pol eventually took on a girlfriend although other things do happen later.

by Anonymousreply 277November 30, 2018 10:11 PM

r273 r274 I hate what happened. It's sooo forced!!! I don't even like Skam, but maybe it's better to watch that instead.

by Anonymousreply 278December 1, 2018 10:25 AM

C’mon Skam was/is good. The Italian version as well.

by Anonymousreply 279December 1, 2018 11:25 AM

R278: I think the ending was very rushed. It was obvious that what Pol felt for Bruno was strong but it needed way more time to develop.

I don't understand why it's needed that many versions of Skam, the spanish one has a lot of variations but the rest are basically the same version of the original one again and again.

Élite actors are today on the front page of El país male magazine Icon. I don't know if it's Dario or Carlos, but he said that even the actors are dealing well with the sudden fame they are walking two metres in the air and it's his job to keep them with their feet on the ground. Most of them say they don't go to clubs anymore but in general they keep their normal lives and curiously some of them (Omar included) say that they like to use the underground because people take pictures but let them in peace.

Omar is quite nostalgic lately and he posted a lot of pictures of his colleages during the filming of season one, and said he miss being on set. But i think they will start the rehearsals this month. And the casting for the new characters started a couple of weeks ago

by Anonymousreply 280December 1, 2018 12:03 PM

R280 At this point you’ll be our Spanish info point, 😂 Thank you for the updates.

I didn’t watch the Spanish one, but I liked the Italian and French one which should have 7 seasons instead of 4 and they’ll bring up some changes.

by Anonymousreply 281December 1, 2018 12:51 PM

I think the good thing of the new platforms is that they know their audience and gay characters are there to be more than the token gay character.

It's really dissapointing that shows with gay head writers like Teen Wolf, Riverdale or Quantico don't deliver nothing more than barely there characters who only exists as adjacent of straight one (and in the case of Quantico you get one of the most homophobic and absurd gay storylines in recent times on the first season). I know that in conventional tv there are pressures but sometimes this guys have a tendency to overcompensate. You have the Spartacus head writer who is straight and he treated his gay characters with way more respect (and the way he responded to homophobes online show that).

I think it's time to gay media stop giving coverage to shows that promote as inclusive and then don't deliver at all.

Netflix couldn't care less about what a bunch of homophobes had to say on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 282December 1, 2018 12:58 PM

I agree with r282. I don't think audiences care for mere lip-services of diversity and LGBT inclusion anymore when it's not followed by some actual decent amount of character development on the show that rivals, or equals, the other cast members' screen time and character development.

In the later seasons Teen Wolf did treat their gay character (Mason, played by Khylin Rhambo) better and Jackson came back to the show as gay and being in a relationship with Ethan.

by Anonymousreply 283December 1, 2018 2:36 PM

r279 it was good. It's just not my type.

by Anonymousreply 284December 1, 2018 3:17 PM

***New character speculations:

Alberto Vargas/Pablo (if he's still alive)

Omar's fiancee

mysterious dude who, like all the other cast members, will kiss another man at some point

new love interest for Samu (although I'd like for him to go full asexual next season)

Christian's parents

by Anonymousreply 285December 1, 2018 3:25 PM

R285; Unless Omar's father changes his mind Omar's fiancee is as gone as his drug dealer career. To be fair Nadia didn't need to insist to them to quit the arranged marriage. The mother even said there was not any rush. And Nadia made it not only for Omar but for the girl too.

It's curious how Guzmán being an asshole (i know Nadia was hitting his nerve with all her entitlement but he should never outed him) changed their relationship for the better. It's not only that she slowly understood him but his words (i'm not an ice cube like you) made her change too

Pablo is still alive. Guzmán parents pay him to go away. Anyway i don't think he had any case against Guzmán. It would be very risky for Pablo, Guzmán was barely 14 when he bashed him and he infected his sister who was under the age of consent. With Marina out of the show i don't know if we will hear of Pablo again, but maybe he could come back for a vengeance.

I still think it will be a good idea bring a new guy for Polo. And instead of going the sexy route go the romantic route. I think most people expect Polo going psycho mode in second season but i think he is more an accidental killer. Showing a soft side of him, falling in love (even Carla thinks he likes boys more than girls) could give the viewers the uncomfortable feeling of rooting for a character who is a killer. And of course Polo getting out of Carla's control will give the writers a lot of plots to write (because maybe she is tired of him but now they are totally linked to each other and i doubt she likes to lose the control she has over him)

I think Samu sooner or later will hook up with Lu.

by Anonymousreply 286December 1, 2018 6:04 PM

And Ester Expósito gave an interview when she said she is single, so the rumours about her dating Álvaro Rico seem to be just pure speculation

by Anonymousreply 287December 2, 2018 11:52 AM

Ok I’m glad we’re back with Élite. Next time if you guys want to discuss Merli may I suggest you start a separate thread? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 288December 2, 2018 12:07 PM

Élite got a nomination on the best drama cathegory on the Feroz awards (cinema and tv awards). Three months ago it would be a big surprise that a teen show got this type of nomination but after the good reviews i suppose it was kind of expected

by Anonymousreply 289December 4, 2018 6:57 PM

Netflix must be very happy with this show if they are still promoting.

On their youtube channel they are uploading interviews with the cast members. Omar and Arón are the only one not published yet (they know who is the most popular couple and they left them for the last).

The interviews are interesting, Álvaro said some nice things about Miguel Herrán even he admitted he knows the rest of actors way better than Miguel, because he never wants to party with them. Miguel admits that he is a bit like a hermit. That explains why Miguel is absent of most videos of the group. They seem to have a nice relationship anyway.

Arón was interview on a red carpet (the actors are everywhere right now, in fact in the same interview you can watch Mina and Omar) and he said he expect Omander be together on the second season with ups and downs (they start the rehearsals soon but till now they don't know anything about the new season, i suppose the cast for the new characters didn't ended yet) and he is more that ready to nude scenes (the creators joked about more sex on the second season and it seems journalist took that very seriously)

by Anonymousreply 290December 6, 2018 12:20 PM

It seems Brandon Flynn has a thing for Aron. Not that i blame him.

by Anonymousreply 291December 7, 2018 1:47 PM

r291 I was going to say that

by Anonymousreply 292December 7, 2018 3:45 PM

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 293December 7, 2018 5:52 PM

Yeah, what did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 294December 12, 2018 11:45 PM

If anyone wants to talk about Merli or its new spin-off show with Pol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 13, 2018 2:27 AM

I am late to the party, but a few gifs from those first 10 minutes, R191.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 14, 2018 3:19 PM

The guy playing Polo pings to high heaven

by Anonymousreply 297December 14, 2018 3:27 PM

r296 The one in the white shirt, he plays which character?

by Anonymousreply 298December 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Call me Mary! but I am grateful to be alive in a time where actors do all this gay baiting and there is no dominant "eeeew! That's so gay / No Homo!" attitude in PR tours and events anymore.

by Anonymousreply 299December 14, 2018 4:41 PM

R298, he plays the role of Polo!

R299, I completely agree!

by Anonymousreply 300December 14, 2018 5:11 PM

I know this video was posted before, but it's the comments I find interesting. My Spanish is not fluent but people seem to think they could be a couple, with Alvaro gay and Miguel bi? It's probably pure speculation...though the "yes" about Alvaro being gay seemed oddly definitive...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 14, 2018 8:21 PM

Yeah, gay-baiting is good. And that cast has got it down!

by Anonymousreply 302December 14, 2018 8:31 PM

Is Alvaro moving away from Ester's hand or pushing it away about 15-20 seconds in here? (Yes, I am bored and new to this show so forgive my curiosity, haha)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 14, 2018 8:59 PM

I don't know, but check out Miguel's giant package. It needs it's own room.

by Anonymousreply 304December 14, 2018 9:19 PM

He really does, R297!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 14, 2018 10:14 PM

r300 I thought the black shirted guy was Polo? OK, so who does the guy with the black shirt play?

by Anonymousreply 306December 14, 2018 11:26 PM

The guy in the black shirt plays Guzman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 14, 2018 11:41 PM

This is the classic "gay or european". It REALLY is hard to tell

by Anonymousreply 308December 14, 2018 11:45 PM

No, the guy in the black shirt in R305 above is Polo.

by Anonymousreply 309December 15, 2018 6:12 AM

r309, I believe r298 was asking about r296. r300 responded and r306 was still asking about the blackshirt guy from r296.

by Anonymousreply 310December 15, 2018 6:51 AM

Part two for the gifs posted in R296. Those two are very...tactile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 15, 2018 10:59 AM

r311 🤔🤔🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 16, 2018 5:50 AM

Re r303, body language doesn’t lie. Miguel Herrán doesn’t want to be there at that moment and only opens up when discussing his character’s development/possibilities in future episodes. Otherwise, he not only shuts his cast mates out (leg crossed away from them) but also shuts the entire interview out (arms folded). I mean, who - other than pretentious pseudo-rebels from the sixties - sits throughout an entire interview with arms folded like a little brat? (Answer: Donald Trump).

It’s really a shame because I love Miguel Herrán as an actor and as a hot piece of ass; he can even sit there, arms folded, pants rolled down - and I’ll figure out a million things to do to him.

by Anonymousreply 313December 16, 2018 6:05 AM

Please elaborate on your thoughts, R312, haha. That one is my favourite of those gifs for sure!

by Anonymousreply 314December 16, 2018 12:35 PM

Looks like there's another show, very similar up on Netflix now called Baby. I might check it out.

by Anonymousreply 315December 17, 2018 3:26 AM

r315 Isn't "Baby" about elite teenage prostitution? How is that "very similar"??

by Anonymousreply 316December 17, 2018 3:30 AM

To our Spanish experts: Is Alvaro perhaps dating this actress and not one of his costars? They have lots of photos together...less so recently maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 17, 2018 9:05 AM

R311 They're the perfect example of "gay or European?" 😂

by Anonymousreply 318December 17, 2018 10:11 AM

It's interesting that Miguel says he wouldn't be asked if he was dating the person he was photographed with if it were a guy. He is likely just pointing out the double standard...but perhaps also hinting? I like it anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 17, 2018 1:31 PM

[quote] Otherwise, he not only shuts his cast mates out (leg crossed away from them) but also shuts the entire interview out (arms folded).

I don't think that's it. If you take a look at those gifs in which Álvaro and Miguel are sitting together in such an intimate way, the two so comfortable with each other, Alvaro still has the same body language you describe.

According to one of those gaydar researchers, J Michael Bailey, one of the bodily behaviors in which gay and straight men most differ is how they sit. Straight men tend to stretch out in the chair and loose out their limbs (the so-called manspreading), while gay men tend to keep their limbs close to their bodies, crossing their arms or legs, for example. There are exceptions - I've seen drag queens do manspreading - but I think that pattern is real, though it's not absolute.

by Anonymousreply 320December 17, 2018 5:07 PM

I’m a manspreader. It’s comfortable

by Anonymousreply 321December 17, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]¿Qué tiene que tener un chica para que te enamore?

Una pinga

by Anonymousreply 322December 17, 2018 5:16 PM

Me gustan Chicas

by Anonymousreply 323December 17, 2018 5:21 PM

Haha, R322! You could be right in his case...

by Anonymousreply 324December 17, 2018 5:28 PM

[quote]Una pinga

Una polla. Spaniards say polla.

So are those two a couple?

by Anonymousreply 325December 17, 2018 8:42 PM

Oh, I missed the prostitution thing on "Baby", but I haven't watched any of it yet. I just realized that there are two Miguels in the Elite cast. The Guzman and Polo actors seem like they're fucking to me. And Polo does ping to the moon and back.

by Anonymousreply 326December 17, 2018 9:42 PM

R320 Stupid stereotype. Look at Omar manspreading almost throughout the video. He is the only openly gay actor in the case AFAIK.

by Anonymousreply 327December 17, 2018 9:50 PM

People here are invested in the most archaic, small-minded stereotypes. Very regressive

by Anonymousreply 328December 17, 2018 9:53 PM

R327/r328 Right. And Aaron Hernández was gay, therefore no effeminate gay has ever existed, this is just an archaic stereotype with ZERO evidence behind it.

by Anonymousreply 329December 18, 2018 12:53 AM

r320 I thought he was talking about Miguel HERRAN, the guy who played Christian.

by Anonymousreply 330December 18, 2018 3:55 AM

Yes I was, r330

by Anonymousreply 331December 18, 2018 6:18 AM

R329 It is a stereotype that all/most gays are effeminate who sit/talk/walk certain way. Sure there are effeminate gays.

by Anonymousreply 332December 18, 2018 6:40 AM

Alvaro just went on a "liking" spree on Instagram. All pictures of women (models etc... but including costars as well). I feel like he heard us, haha.

by Anonymousreply 333December 18, 2018 10:19 AM

Good for him

by Anonymousreply 334December 18, 2018 12:01 PM

A believable denial or not? He seems quite agitated to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 18, 2018 6:27 PM

[quote][R329] It is a stereotype that all/most gays are effeminate who sit/talk/walk certain way. Sure there are effeminate gays.

I never claimed all gay men sit the same way, you idiot. In fact, I said: "I've seen drag queens do manspreading... I think that pattern is real, though it's not absolute." So shut up.

No matter how many disclaimers against absolute patterns, there will always be idiots trying to grandstand against "stereotypes" when differences between gay and straight people are discussed.

by Anonymousreply 336December 18, 2018 6:36 PM

I just finished watching the first season - these two are my favorites. Are either of them gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 18, 2018 9:16 PM

R337, they’ve each been deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 338December 18, 2018 9:30 PM

^ popper queen

by Anonymousreply 339December 18, 2018 9:31 PM

r337 they said Omar is.

by Anonymousreply 340December 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Omar Ayuso - the guy on the right - is openly gay, r337.

by Anonymousreply 341December 18, 2018 11:41 PM

I started watching this show on a whim over the weekend. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. I was oddly watching the English dub (because I wanted to be able to only half-pay attention) with the subtitles translated directly from the dialog in Spanish. By the time I was hanging on every word, I was just so used to it, I kept going.

It's almost like 13 Reasons Why crossed with a Scandinavian crime drama with a dash of Cruel Intentions.

This show is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 342December 19, 2018 12:09 AM

I call this 13 reasons Why and How to Get Away with Murder combined.

I can say 100% that this is better than 13 rw, but not necessarily better than HTGAWM.

by Anonymousreply 343December 19, 2018 12:58 PM

So Aron Piper and Brandon Flynn were flirting? It's just a few cute instagram comments, but Italian gossip sites seem to be "shipping" them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344December 19, 2018 4:10 PM

Translate

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2018 12:00 AM

Google translate is a thing R345

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 20, 2018 12:02 AM

Imperfect translation

by Anonymousreply 347December 20, 2018 12:07 AM

R345, google translate gives you the gist. There isn't really much more to it than I said in R344. They shared a few flirty comments on Instagram, and fans like the idea of them, even though there is no real evidence. The article mentions that Aron's sexuality is a mystery or unknown to the public at least.

On another note, I actually only just watched the whole Omar and Ander story and was quite impressed with their chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 348December 20, 2018 8:00 AM

Oh, I had not seen this story where Omar called Aron "mi niño". Cute! He actually also calls him that in another video (vas a llorar mi niño).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 20, 2018 1:58 PM

[quote](vas a llorar mi niño).

That doesn't sound affectionate at all.

by Anonymousreply 350December 20, 2018 2:10 PM

Haha, no, not exactly, but judge for yourself in the clip below. It's all I saw of the video, so I'm not sure of the context here, but based on their other interactions and the video I posted in R349, I think we can assume it's not mean-spirited, haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351December 20, 2018 2:27 PM

Didn’t Aaron say he was straight? Lol

by Anonymousreply 352December 20, 2018 5:30 PM

He didn't say anything as far as i know but he doesn't seem to know a thing about gay culture (of course that doesn't mean a thing). They have a very close relationship and that's very obvious. Of course Omar seems to be very open and easy to work with. It's curious that Arón is way more similar to his character than Ander (he even said that Ander has a lot in common with him on an interview). Omar is very refreshing is really difficult to find a young actor so open and ready to say whatever he think like him.

Miguel Bernardeau is very uncomfortable with gossip magazines being so focused on him and his relationships with Aitana.

And in my opinion Miguel Herrán is simply reserved, he said he is a bit like a hermit (the rest seem to like to party a lot) but i don't think he is uncomfortable with the rest. He has a tough past, he even said that if acting didn't cross his way he think he would be dead or in jail.

And i don't think they gay bait at all. Most of the videos of the actors dancing were recorded an published before the release of the show. They are simply comfortable together, and they don't seem to care if people speculate about their sexuality. The fuck, marry kill game where all the male cast chose to fuck or marry at least one male character would be very difficult to find on an american cast.

And the show is way better than HTGAWM, there's a probablity of them jumping the shark in following seasons but HTGAWM after a good start jumped the shark really fast (and reapeated the same formula again and again).

by Anonymousreply 353December 20, 2018 7:05 PM

R351: And it's not. Without context that phrase can even be a threat but the tone and given that Arón is saying that he don't dare to do something (by their clothes that's a photo session) Omar is clearly joking

by Anonymousreply 354December 20, 2018 7:13 PM

Just saying. I get the impression that Arón is quite a diva.

by Anonymousreply 355December 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Aron (Ander) has gay mannerisms and he pings like crazy. He's kinda femme in the way he walks and carries himself. I'm sorry but there's no way in hell he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 356December 20, 2018 7:22 PM

Based on archaic stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 357December 20, 2018 7:25 PM

r357 Oh shut up.

by Anonymousreply 358December 20, 2018 7:28 PM

I thought Aron's choice of favourite LGBT character (main character from Pride) was interesting, though I have only read about the film/story, not seen it.

If I could add some speculation (not to be taken seriously, haha): Omar has been liking a lot of photos of guys who look quite similar to Aron...to me at least, haha.

by Anonymousreply 359December 20, 2018 7:30 PM

R358 is triggered by truth

by Anonymousreply 360December 20, 2018 7:46 PM

I also enjoyed this post of his. He also continues to like Brandon Flynn's posts. I think he could actually be bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361December 20, 2018 8:10 PM

Does anyone have context for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 20, 2018 8:10 PM

A question for those following from the start: Did Aron and Omar both already have those eye+teardrop tattoos before the show?

by Anonymousreply 363December 21, 2018 12:57 AM

R363: Arón's tattoos are visible in all shirtless scenes. Omar's tattos are hidden. in fact Omar was supposed to wear a plaster in his arm and to be ashtmatic but then they changed their mind

by Anonymousreply 364December 21, 2018 2:03 PM

Cejas

by Anonymousreply 365December 21, 2018 2:08 PM

Thanks, R364! The one I meant though - on his left arm here - was neither visible on the show from what I could tell...nor on photos a lot earlier than this one. I could be wrong of course and it's not that important, haha, I was just curious if it was an interesting coincidence or if he was inspired by Omar's tattoo perhaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 21, 2018 2:48 PM

That’s Omar’s drag queen name, r365, except with a Z, for added flair.

by Anonymousreply 367December 21, 2018 4:43 PM

R367: Lady Zejas to be exact. I really like how he doesn't take himself too seriously and he is opinionated. He has a very refreshing character for an actor

by Anonymousreply 368December 21, 2018 6:26 PM

I guess Alvaro just answered my question from R317

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 21, 2018 6:45 PM

Alvaro seems very likeable and he has his feet on the ground. He came back to his small town to be the host of awards he used to host in recent years. It gave visibility to the awards (most of his fellows were there

There are still rumours that he is dating Ester but she was pretty clear in a recent interview that she is single

by Anonymousreply 370December 21, 2018 7:17 PM

Yes, he does, R370! I really like his interviews, he seems very engaging and open and it's great he did that regarding the awards.

Yeah, I am not really buying him and Ester as a couple...but it is interesting that he chose to post about not dating this friend of his. Was this a common query to him? They seemed to act similarly to how he and Ester do. I also read that interview of Ester's and yeah, she was quite clear, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 371December 21, 2018 7:30 PM

Ester interview was very clear in many ways, she said she was single, but it was pretty clear (my relationships tend to be short) the message was i'm here to acting not to be in the cover of gossip magazines.

Of course they have very little control over that, you only need to be friend of someome the magazine is interested to catch their attention like what happened with Omar and Amaia (i even like that the magazine wasn't clear and go with pure speculation saying their fans were excited about them being a couple when her fans were all about her break up with Alfred and his fans know he is gay).

I think they are dealing quite well with sudden fame, all in different ways, some embracing the interest in their private lives (María and Jaime Lorente) and other being very reclusive (Miguel Herrán) the rest fall in between

by Anonymousreply 372December 21, 2018 8:06 PM

Yes, it does seem like most of them aren't basking in the spotlight, just mostly living their lives without being opposed to it at the same time, when appropriate.

I didn't know that about Omar and Amaia...sounds quite ridiculous indeed!

On a different note, what did you make of Aron's prediction/speculation that Ander would want to date other guys basically? I read that some think Polo could be one. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 373December 21, 2018 9:05 PM

Hahaha at Omar's comment on this Alvaro photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 22, 2018 2:12 AM

R373 The Omar and Amaia speculation was just a journalist being very lazy. Iy's pretty obvious they are friends, and after reading a bunch of Omar interviews it was pretty clear the those two will be instant friends once they knew each other.

The speculations about hooking up with other guys was probably what they expected back then. Those intervies were made just after the release of the show. I remmber Carlos and Dario saying something similar in an interview but that they changed their mind after seeing how popular they are and decided they have enough trouble ahead without adding a third person.

In my opinion they should add a new gay character but he should be in Polo's storyline. And they should give Ander something to do. There are a lot of hurdles in their relationship but Ander as character is the closest to a happy ending of any of the characters

by Anonymousreply 375December 22, 2018 8:49 AM

Yes, I agree the "drama" for Omar and Ander can have other sources...I would hate for their relationship to be damaged, they are quite wonderful together!

And yes, I agree about Polo as well. It would be interesting to see him with someone he cares about and who cares about him.

by Anonymousreply 376December 22, 2018 10:25 AM

With Polo they should go with a Mr Ripley situation when you know he is the killer but you don't want him to be catch. They need to make him relatable and he needs to go away from Carla's orbit. Carla told him clearly that she thinks he likes boys more than girls and he didn't deny it. So giving him someone who really likes him is two by the prize of one, make him more likeable showing more sides of himself and create drama in the threesome with him escaping of Carla's control.

Omar has a tough situation at home, he doesn't need anything to have drama. I think in the end his father will change. He lost his first daughter and he is on the verge of losing his other two children. Omar didn't fight for his position but he did for his sister so it's a question of time to go on full rebel mode and Nadia didn't accept his father conditions. He is not stupid, maybe Omar and Nadia are not as rebelious as their older sister but he is going to lose them if he doesn't change.

It's quite curious that Ander and Polo were so near and they didn't end together (at least for experiment), in fact Ander is the only one who treats Polo well. Of course the show starts with Ander rebeling, he seem to be deep in the closet before the beginning focuring in a tennis career he didn't want and wanting to please his father (in that he is very similar to Omar). And Polo was living his fantasy of being a power couple at school with a popular girl

by Anonymousreply 377December 22, 2018 10:36 AM

Yeah, I think that now, with both Ander and Polo "out", it may make it more likely...and I personally think the two actors would like that. But yeah, Omar full on rebelling and his father being forced to come around seems likely as well.

by Anonymousreply 378December 22, 2018 11:36 AM

It's not that clear how out if Polo, of course that fight on the bathroom with Christian was pretty public. I doubt Ander will hook up with Polo unless he is drunk or stoned, he is very smitten with Omar (he went from being totally reserved to wanted to kiss him in public really fast). I hope Polo don't spend the whole season trying to get back to Carla.

It seems Jaime Lorente is going to publish a book of poems

by Anonymousreply 379December 22, 2018 5:28 PM

Who said "I love you" first, Ander or Omar?

by Anonymousreply 380December 22, 2018 5:32 PM

Yes, I agree, R379, that is why I added the quotation marks. You are probably right about Ander, yes.

R380, it was Ander.

by Anonymousreply 381December 22, 2018 5:36 PM

Ander was sprung for Omar even when Omar wasn't giving him much. He ain't going to be the one to stray.

by Anonymousreply 382December 22, 2018 5:37 PM

Ander is totally in Omar, and he is from the first time they attempted to hook (only to Omar run away). For Ander it was liberation, he had pretty clear he was gay so when he found someone who he likes there no doubt-

Omar's situation is totally different, but i think his feelings for Ander are very similar. He can't embrace his true self but in his conversation with Nadia when he can's leave home because his father is angry for his drug dealing ways is pretty clear that he has strong feelings for Ander even before Ander says i love you.

They have probably the most genuine love story of the show, so it's not difficult to understand why are they the most popular couple, even when Guzmán and Nadia has merit on their own because they are very popular without even kissing one time.

I think this show is a great lesson to some writers who put too much effort in promote the main characters at cost of all the rest. Here the main triangle (Nano-Marina-Samu) is probably the weakest link of the show

by Anonymousreply 383December 22, 2018 5:53 PM

Very true, R383. Their characters are really well written, but most of all Aron and Omar's acting seems the most natural as well. Nothing they did seemed forced or fake to me and that helps the audience become more invested.

In the watch party video it seemed to me that even the other actors were the most vocal during the Omar/Ander scenes(s).

by Anonymousreply 384December 22, 2018 6:01 PM

Ander and Omar are really the only relationship that doesn't have a truly fucked up element to it.

Marina was a terrible person to Samu, and wasn't much better to Nano. Carla is a fucking Cylon to both Polo and Christian. Guzman and Nadia seem to really care about each other, but it started out with him trying to manipulate her. And Lu...I don't even know where to begin with Lu.

by Anonymousreply 385December 22, 2018 6:02 PM

I loved the scene were Lu cris after saying Guzmán was not deserved her attention. Shows she is more than the cold bitch (that title goes to Carla hands down, even i love how Ester defends her character) that she pretends to be and gives room for a lot of development of her character (hopefully keeping her bitchy oneliners).

I agree that Marina is terrible, she starts like a very likeable character but end screwng everything she touchs (and Samu deserved way better).

In my opinion omander stoyline work so well because Arón and Omar have a terrific chemistry. I think that's the secret of the success of the show, actors have very good chemistry.

Omar and Nadia are fantastic characters, and it shows that you can tell a lot of things and develop characters without the situation change that much (in fact in terms of family they are barely at the same point they were at the beginning of the show). Probably their father is going to have a convulsed second season

by Anonymousreply 386December 22, 2018 6:23 PM

Is it weird that I was hoping that Polo, Christian, and Carla would figure out a way to be a throuple? They were hot together.

At least until we discovered exactly how deep "manipulative bitch" went with her.

by Anonymousreply 387December 22, 2018 6:31 PM

R386, Aron and Omar have terrific chemistry! I think people tend to underestimate just how rare that is until something like what those two have appears. Some of it is skill for sure, but a natural chemistry is priceless.

I mean others on the show have chemistry as well but it Omar and Aron are in a different league in my view.

by Anonymousreply 388December 22, 2018 6:36 PM

Guys, before hitting the "post" button, give a second look to what you've just written to correct typos and improve grammar. Because certain posts here are really hard to understand due to poor syntax. Eg, "I loved the scene were Lu cris after saying Guzmán was not deserved her attention" -- I'm not sure what that means.

by Anonymousreply 389December 22, 2018 6:39 PM

R389: Sorry, i wanted to say she cries

by Anonymousreply 390December 22, 2018 6:41 PM

[quote]I mean others on the show have chemistry as well but it Omar and Aron are in a different league in my view.

And they were treated differently too. I know people complained about how long it took for them to have a sex scene, and then again that it was much less explicit than the others, but I think the tenderness we saw was the point. To me, that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 391December 22, 2018 6:52 PM

R391: I think the complains were not fair at all. Marina has very explicit sex scenes first with Nano and then with Samu, but the rest not so much. Guzmán has the shower scene with Lu (which is not that explicit) and that's all. Nadia has absolutely nothing. And the threesome scenes are very sexy but they show more the preliminaries that a proper sex sence. And even Carla's scene with Christian (and Polo watching) is more hot for the voyeristic nature of the scene than anything else.

When i read complains i thought it was a typical case where the gays were chaste, but they had plenty kissing scenes, and the sex scene was hot, both naked and with a lot of affection (they didn't show penetrative sex but that was all).

The rest of characters are in some kind of trio, and they are the only couple. Their chemistry work in every scene, i loved when Ander begs Omar to go out of his father's shop. It showed the level of his feelings with little words (even before the i love you scene). And i liked Ander made some joke after Omar said i love you for the first time (probably not the best moment after the beating).

I hope Carlos avoid the kill the gays that he did on Física o Química. The actor playing Fer is now a director and he teached acting at Operación triunfo (mix big brother with American idol and you get it an idea), one of the contestants (Alfred, the guy who represented Spain in eurovision this year) confessed him that he was still traumatized by Fer's death in the show.

In fact i hope there won't be more deaths. I hope they don't go HTGAWM and repeat and repeat the same formula

by Anonymousreply 392December 22, 2018 7:09 PM

The scene where Ander begs Omar at the shop is one of my favourites actually. The intensity of it...

Yeah, I agree, I hope nobody else gets killed off!

by Anonymousreply 393December 22, 2018 7:16 PM

R389, I’d rather have the input of our Spanish viewer friends who have provided us with a lot of inside information from Spain on the actors and characters, than scare them away by demanding perfect syntax. I will gladly put in the effort to try to figure out what they’re saying if it means I get their analyses and gossip in general about the cast.

As a matter of fact I’ll go one step further in the hopes that r389’s xenophobia hasn’t run them off yet. I will volunteer to help with syntax translation and composition if needed.

Amigos de España que están posteando datos tan interesantes sobre las vidas y ocurrencias del elenco de Élite:

Por favor no dejen que la crítica de un imbécil monolingüe xenofóbico en esta red les desanime de seguir brindándonos tan buenos análisis e interesantes chismes de la serie. Si se encuentran en un momento de duda estoy aquí a la orden para ayudar y traducir. El resto de nosotros no tenemos problemas con autores cuyo inglés sea un segundo o tercer lenguaje. ¡Adelante con sus historias! Y si siguen criticando, postéenlas en español a ver cómo les cae. 😜😝😂

by Anonymousreply 394December 23, 2018 12:06 AM

r394 English is my second language as well and I can easily read in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 395December 23, 2018 12:20 AM

Then shame on you r389 - siento vergüenza ajena por ti.

Rather than assisting, you criticize.

by Anonymousreply 396December 23, 2018 12:45 AM

r396 ok

by Anonymousreply 397December 23, 2018 12:45 AM

They need to have guzman and nano hook up. Damn those guys are hot!

by Anonymousreply 398December 23, 2018 1:02 AM

I also really enjoy the gossip our Spanish posters provide, so I hope they continue to do so!

As I catch up on all the interviews, aftershows etc...I was surprised to hear Aron talking about fame actually curing his social anxiety (he spoke specifically of the underground/subway)...unusual I would say, but good for him. He still seems quite introverted of course, but at least not uncomfortable!

On a shallow note: Omar liked this gorgeous photo of Alvaro's about two minutes after he posted it, haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 23, 2018 1:29 PM

Arón said in an interview for a gay magazine how much he liked being comfortable doing the interview, so yes, he is aware of his shyness and proud when he is able to deal with it. He is lucky he is doing most interviews with Omar, who is not shy at all, so he can let Omar carry the weight of the interview

by Anonymousreply 400December 23, 2018 6:18 PM

Yes, and Omar see to enjoy doing most of the talking...though maybe he knows Aron does not and therefore takes over a but to relieve him? They have an interesting dynamic for sure.

by Anonymousreply 401December 23, 2018 8:48 PM

*seems to enjoy *a bit

So sorry...typing on my phone

by Anonymousreply 402December 23, 2018 8:50 PM

Omar is very talkative and he is not scare to give his opiinion i don't know if it's because he is new to the business, naive or i'ts just his personality, given his studies and how aware he is of the unusual way he came to the business (and he even mentions that being a waiter is probably in his future) i think he is simply that way (which is very refreshing in a world full of fakeness).

They seem to genuinely like each other, so him carrying the interview fits their dynamics. Arón is a party boy but he is kind of shy. In general the whole cast is able to give decent interviews something not so easy in newbies

by Anonymousreply 403December 23, 2018 9:20 PM

Yes, Omar is talkative for sure but what he says has substance, and I have no doubt he and Aron genuinely like each other as you said. They work well together on a number of levels.

And you're right about the cast in general, I am quite impressed. I was just watching the Alvaro, Ester and Miguel aftershow and they were great. There is something particularly lovely about Alvaro...and I don't think he hides his sensitivity as well as he thinks, haha. I mean he was clearly tearing up on several occasions during the watch party. It's very sweet!

by Anonymousreply 404December 23, 2018 10:03 PM

r398 This is pretty much a CW show done right

by Anonymousreply 405December 23, 2018 10:25 PM

r392 I feel like we need more deaths because I personally don't want Marina's murder storyline to be carried until Season 3. I think we'll learn more about the watch's contents next season and Nadia being infected with HIV, but I may want more thrill than that.

by Anonymousreply 406December 24, 2018 4:03 AM

I think the show needs suspense on the thriller part, but not necesarily more deaths. When a show keeps killing characters for the sake of advancing the trama the only thing they get is that people don't get invested because they know their favourite charaxter could be killed at anytime.

i expect them to create tension. Polo could be catch at anytime. I know people focus on Polo murder, but the truth is Carla and Christian will go to jail too if Polo is captured.

Fortunately the murder story is not the only one that sustain the show

by Anonymousreply 407December 24, 2018 7:44 AM

“Trama” is Spanish for “plot.”

by Anonymousreply 408December 24, 2018 8:01 AM

Yes, sorry. I think i'm not totally awake yet

by Anonymousreply 409December 24, 2018 8:19 AM

No worries. Just helping out.

by Anonymousreply 410December 24, 2018 8:40 AM

By the way, this is Miguel Bernardeau supposed girlfriend (who is bff with Amaia, Omar's friend, the young celebrities in Spain are a bit endogamic). Aitana is a really nice girl, but i hope her team protect her a little more from gossip magazines and let her focus on the music instead of making publicity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 24, 2018 12:28 PM

Polo is so hot. I hope he gets a gay storyline next season. I would like to see him soften up a bit. We all know he's the killer, but he was basically bullied. Would love to see a different side of him, making him more sympathetic by coming out as gay/bi and getting a boyfriend would definitely help.

by Anonymousreply 412December 24, 2018 12:39 PM

[Quote]And they were treated differently too. I know people complained about how long it took for them to have a sex scene, and then again that it was much less explicit than the others, but I think the tenderness we saw was the point. To me, that's a good thing.

Disagree. They were the main gay couple and didn't get a sex scene like all the other straight couples on the show. Marina and Samuel, Marina and Nano, Guzman and Lu, Polo and Carla, Polo/Carla/Christian, Christian and Carla... they ALL got an explicit sex scene. Everyone did except the gay couple. The gay couple didn't even get to have sex. They were just making out naked on the bed. They didn't even hint at a sex scene. I don't care if their scene was "tender". Samuel and Marina managed to have a tender sex scene, it's possible to do also with sex. I see it as a cop out. Hopefully the writers realize their mistake and make up for it next season.

by Anonymousreply 413December 24, 2018 12:43 PM

Sorry but Carla/Polo/Christian has no sex scene at all, the have preliminaries at best. In fact their scenes are far less explicit than Omar and Ander scene. And Lu and Guzmán is a sex scene in the shower, very very short.

It seems people are eager for a penetrative sex scene between them, but frankly i can live without knowing who is the top and who is the bottom.

And Guzmán and Nadia showed that you don't even have to kiss to keep people interested in your story

by Anonymousreply 414December 24, 2018 12:49 PM

R412: There's a scene that makes clear the soft bullying Polo suffers (there are very explicit scenes, with Carla, his mothers, Guzmán and one particularly disgusting with Carla's father) even when it's not intentional, when he realizes that Guzmán confided in Ander and not in him to tell about Marina's hiv.

Of all the people around him Ander is the only one who treat him well

by Anonymousreply 415December 24, 2018 1:07 PM

Don't mind me, still catching up: I like Aron's response: "Some boys cry." Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416December 24, 2018 6:07 PM

Omar is very different from his character, but Itzan is a special case, it's difficult to see Samuel in him from the moment he opens his mouth

by Anonymousreply 417December 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Does Aron like posts out of habit/friendliness or because he actually likes them, haha? In terms of women, it's probably the latter...but what about men? This is obviously rhetorical, but I really am curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418December 26, 2018 3:50 PM

Another example: Aron has liked tons of this guy's shirtless photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 26, 2018 8:31 PM

[quote]Does Aron like posts out of habit/friendliness or because he actually likes them, haha? In terms of women, it's probably the latter

How would you know?

by Anonymousreply 420December 26, 2018 10:43 PM

Aron Piper is very femme. He has gay mannerisms and pings like crazy. There's no way he isn't at the very least bi, but more probably gay. I'm not saying this because I want him on our team either. I think he's ugly. He and Omar are the ugliest guys on the show. Too bad they play gay. Polo and Guzman are the hottest. Nano and Samuel are not bad either.

by Anonymousreply 421December 26, 2018 10:56 PM

I obviously don't, R420, and definitely hope I am wrong, haha. It's just the type of photos of women he likes are not subtle. But could just be an aesthetic he enjoys, who knows.

R421, I agree that Alvaro and Miguel B. are the hottest, but Aron to me is the one who has the most appeal. He has a gorgeous smile and looks really good with slightly longer hair, like in the aftershow for example. Overall I think he's lovely...and would love it if he were bi or gay.

by Anonymousreply 422December 26, 2018 11:04 PM

Oh and to add to what I said, R420, I hadn't yet seen his like of the picture in R419. Until then it had seemed that shirtless photos were as "far" as he went in terms of liking men's photos.

by Anonymousreply 423December 26, 2018 11:42 PM

r418 what is Aron's comment? Was it deleted?

by Anonymousreply 424December 27, 2018 11:33 AM

R421, you really are enslaved to archaic stereotypes. Smdh

by Anonymousreply 425December 27, 2018 11:35 AM

There was no comment, R424. I was only talking about likes :).

by Anonymousreply 426December 27, 2018 11:54 AM

some people has a weird concept of what's femme. Sorry but none of them is flamboyant, and none has manierism as obvious as Shawn Mendes or Taylor Lautner. And beauty is not an universal concept, i don't find Miguel Bernardeau particularly attractive but i undertand other people like him.

Arón seems to have a big young girl fanbase. I read some comments about him being bisexual, but it was a youtube comment so not really reliable, in interviews he seems straight. Brandon and him are in Netflix shows, so maybe know each other or the are simply being nice to each other

In my opinion Omar has the most interesting personality

by Anonymousreply 427December 27, 2018 1:35 PM

I am going to shut up about Aron's likes after this, I promise, but this is hilarious, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428December 27, 2018 1:52 PM

[Quote]some people has a weird concept of what's femme. Sorry but none of them is flamboyant

WRONG. Aron Piper is femme in the way he moves and carries himself. It's subtle but it's there. He has gay mannerisms. Sorry, there's no way in hell he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 429December 27, 2018 3:10 PM

There are femme straights, and some people would find even Rambo femenine.

He is a well mannered shy guy

by Anonymousreply 430December 27, 2018 3:15 PM

Shut up r429

by Anonymousreply 431December 27, 2018 3:15 PM

I suppose there'll be news soon. At least some casting news because they are going to start rehearsals for second season soon

by Anonymousreply 432January 2, 2019 10:51 AM

But the creators of the show wanted a no phones policy this season (to keep them focused on the show and not on social media) so i suppose there won't be so many videos of them like last year

by Anonymousreply 433January 2, 2019 10:54 AM

Great show

by Anonymousreply 434January 2, 2019 5:44 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 7, 2019 4:13 PM

Yes "friendship goals" indeed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Well, a very very close friendship for sure.

It seems they are doing rehearsals (i doubt they started filming yet)

by Anonymousreply 437January 11, 2019 5:58 PM

It seems they will start filming next week. I suppose there will be cast news soon

by Anonymousreply 438January 11, 2019 6:01 PM

I was reading an indiewire article about best muslim characters, and they talk about Nadia and Omar. It seems Omar's name on the show is not a coincidence, Omar Shaana (the same middlename than the family on the show) is the name of Darío Madrona's partner (and he has a sister called Nadia). His partner was born in Texas and his family came from Palestine (like the family of the show)

by Anonymousreply 439January 11, 2019 6:32 PM

If you want to watch the comedy equivalent of this show, set in Great Britain, with plenty of nudity and crass sex talk, check out SEX EDUCATION, new on Netflix.

What I’ve seen so far is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 440January 12, 2019 8:08 AM

That's the show with Gillian Anderson and Asa Butterfield. The trailer is a bit confusing, sometimes very funny, sometimes dramatic. Of course it's one of those shows with a lot of controversy even before the start

by Anonymousreply 441January 12, 2019 9:45 AM

It’s an outright comedy, r441. But like all comedies, it has its serious moments, especially when homophobic or abusive parents reprimand their respective kids.

by Anonymousreply 442January 12, 2019 10:19 AM

Anyway, not to derail this thread, you can continue discussing Sex Education here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443January 12, 2019 10:20 AM

Miguel B. is a popular man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 12, 2019 10:39 AM

Miguel B is in gossip magazines since Elite was released but i have the feeling that he doesn't enjoy that attention at all.

In general, the actors (even they did a lot of press interviews) protected themselves quite well

by Anonymousreply 445January 12, 2019 10:46 AM

What about Aron, R445? I don't think I've seen a lot of magazine gossip about him, just internet speculation. I actually feel like he and Miguel had an interesting chemistry on the show, and that little kiss in the video was cute!

by Anonymousreply 446January 12, 2019 11:05 AM

He seems a shy guy. In my opinion he was very lucky to be paired with Omar. Not only they seem to really like each other, Omar is very talkative and he carries the interviews so Ander is way comfortable.

I think most of them have an active online presence but they don't want gossip magazines on their lives. Miguel B can't avoid it because he is supposedly dating Aitana, and she is very popular. María Pedraza and Jaime Lorente are dating, so they are on the press too. But Ester was quite explicit about not dating anyone (there was speculation about her and Alvaro Rico) and i got the impression she likes everything related with fashion and of course about her work (she is all about business) but that's all for the magazines).

You don't need to do anything to be on magazines, Omar only needed to take a coffee with Amaia Romero (very popular singer and friend of Aitana) to some magazine speculate about a relationship, but he is so open that everything died before even the start (but that story showed how absurd is openly bearding when it's very easy to let the press do that job).

Most of them are very aware about how difficult it is to pursue an acting career (Omar even talked about knowing he will probably have to work as a bartender in a future) and they don't want to get a high public profile that makes more difficult their career (when people watch you as a celebrity and not an as actor you are in danger of becoming someone you don't want to be)

by Anonymousreply 447January 12, 2019 11:35 AM

Yeah, I agree about Aron and Omar. They certainly work well together onscreen and off screen.

And yeah, I can imagine that most of them are not sure what the future will bring, so would rather just be known for their acting.

by Anonymousreply 448January 12, 2019 2:00 PM

To our Spanish experts, who is this with Aron?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 13, 2019 11:28 AM

And this guy he's really touchy-feely with it seems is an actor and singer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 13, 2019 11:32 AM

He is an actor and singer. I think he is well known for his role on the teen show Violeta (it's an argentinian teen tv show). To be honest i had to search who he is because i had no idea. When i watched the pics i thought Arón was in another Trussardi promo (but i suppose this time it was a simple coincidence that both wear leather jackets)

by Anonymousreply 451January 13, 2019 12:06 PM

Thanks, R451. But do you know the other guy in R449? And I actually think you are right about this being related to Trussardi based on this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 13, 2019 12:13 PM

Probably a model. I remember an article about a Trussardi perfume (Riflesso) and Arón was there. There were several actors and models, all wearing leather jackets (i suppose Trussardi jackets, i don't know much about fashion) that's the reason it came to my mind when i saw that pic

by Anonymousreply 453January 13, 2019 12:17 PM

Thanks, R453. Apparently it's Rodrigo Acero. Both Aron and Omar follow him and vice versa! Thanks for the tip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Aron and Omar are ugly. As usual they picked the ugliest guys to play gay. Oh well, at leat the beautiful boy Polo is probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 455January 13, 2019 1:00 PM

It's obvious Ander is gay in real life. The guy who plays him is so femme he's got flames coming out his ass. He pings hard and my gaydar is never wrong.

by Anonymousreply 456January 13, 2019 1:03 PM

R4557: You are very tiresome, do something useful and put you tongue on a plug. The first 100 times you write that were more than enough (curiously girls don't seem to agree, Arón is probably the most popular actor for them)

by Anonymousreply 457January 13, 2019 1:08 PM

I really hope he's at least bi, R456.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458January 13, 2019 1:23 PM

So Miguel B is a bit of a Troye Sivan fan? (Yup, I am bored enough for some Instagram "research" today)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 13, 2019 3:47 PM

I am reading random Twitter comments that Miguel B supports Vox, but can't find any source. Is it fake news my dear Spanish friends?

by Anonymousreply 460January 13, 2019 11:04 PM

I think Aaron is a fuckboy, but just gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 461January 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Vox the news website? What’s so controversial or interesting about that?

by Anonymousreply 462January 14, 2019 10:36 AM

Google is your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463January 14, 2019 11:22 AM

[quote]Arón seems to have a big young girl fanbase. I read some comments about him being bisexual, but it was a youtube comment so not really reliable, in interviews he seems straight. Brandon and him are in Netflix shows, so maybe know each other or the are simply being nice to each other

Yes, and Aron likes a bunch of homoerotic pictures on Instagram because he wants to be nice to random male models and gay Instahos. Sure.

And Netflix has studios all over the world. That Brandon and Aron both work in Netflix series absolutely DOES NOT mean they've known each other outside of their Instagram flirts, especially when Brandon's studio is in the US, and Aron's is in Spain, AT LEAST AN OCEAN APART from each other.

And get this: Brandon is gay. When gay guys thirst all over another guy's Instagram, it's not just because they're being nice. It's because THEY'RE FLIRTING. And Aron is playing along and flirting back.

By the way, that was also how Brandon's relationship with Sam Smith began - via Instagram. So don't play dumb. You may not like that certain men are gay and act on it on Instagram, but it's an undeniable fact that it happens.

[quote]There are femme straights, and some people would find even Rambo femenine.

You're such an incoherent, dumb ass, little shit.

First you proclaim Aron straight because "he seems like it", then you imply that we can't conclude a man's sexual orientation based on his mannerisms, even though that's what you'd done just a couple posts above!

Seems there's a double standard here - if a man seems masculine to you, then he's 100% straight, no doubt is allowed! But if a man seems effeminate, then there's totally a high chance that he's not gay, because "there are effeminate straights".

Masculine gays, however, you seem not to acknowledge.

Brandon, by the way, is likely one. Before coming out, there were Always fangirl doubts because he seemed straight to them. Clearly, the same is happening here. You're a fangirl, and not a very smart one at that.

by Anonymousreply 464January 14, 2019 12:14 PM

R464 Well said 👏👏 You nailed it. I think Aron is at least bi, but most probably gay.

by Anonymousreply 465January 14, 2019 12:30 PM

Thanks for the background on Brandon, R464.

And yes, I was talking about the political party in R461.

Speaking of Aron, here is that fashion spread he and Omar posted about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 14, 2019 2:25 PM

Did Brandon date Miles as well before Sam Smith?

by Anonymousreply 467January 14, 2019 2:49 PM

Never actually confirmed, r467. I think most people who know of them thing he did though.

by Anonymousreply 468January 14, 2019 5:40 PM

R468 Okay, so there’s a high probability B dated Miles as well lol. Miles is dating Connor right now hahaha

by Anonymousreply 469January 14, 2019 5:47 PM

R464: Or you lack reading comprehension or you are dumb as a rock. I never said Arón is straight (i don't know him), what i said is that he seemed pretty straight on the interviews, he had zero knowledge of things that almost every spanish gay knows (like Omar proved). That of course, don't prove anything, because you can be gay and don't know a thing about gay hymns

Second, what i said is that i don't find him effeminate, shy for sure, but not femme (and of course there are femme straight guys and very masculine gays). You are putting words in my mouth that i never said.

by Anonymousreply 470January 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Let’s say that he could be bi to make everyone happy and let’s move on.

by Anonymousreply 471January 14, 2019 6:10 PM

Omar coming out was incredibly brave and very uncommon, specially here in Spain were the number of openly gay actors is really small, most of them coming from theatre. And there are a good number of them who (everybody who wants to know) are in the glass closet, Jon Kortajarena, Alfonso Bassave or Jose Lamuño are gay, but i doubt any of them are going to come out publicly anytime soon.

Non white actors generally have problems getting roles because the diversity is a new phenomenom here and it didn't translate into films or tv shows. He was very realistic about probably having to work as bartender or waiter in a future, but i suppose he is that way and wouldn't feel comfortable hiding it.

So if Arón (or Álvaro, because it wouldn't surprise me at all if Alvaro wasn't straight) are gay there are very few chances they come out anytime soon.

In my opinion Brandon Flynn came out because he was in a relationship with a very high profile openly gay singer. He couldn't date Sam Smith without being out. And i woudn't be surprised if Miles Heizer (who was rumoured to be with Flynn back in the day) will come out now that he seems to be in a relationship with Connor Jessup.

Openly gay young actors is uncharted territory. Generally actors came out after getting a good reputation with years of work (or they came from theatre where there's no rare to have an openly gay actor being the lead on a broadway hit)

by Anonymousreply 472January 14, 2019 6:42 PM

I doubt Miguel B is really a Vox voter, that party is far right and openly homophobe (even they are more focused on their misoginy and xenophobia).

He seems to have enough problems dealing with fame. While the others seem to have a good relationship with press, Miguel has some ups and downs. First because he is supposedly dating a famous singer, but he is very reluctant to make public that relationship (if it's real), and his mother had some tax eviction problems last year, so they were in the press for all the wrong reason (which explains his bad temper when he is asked about his personal life)

by Anonymousreply 473January 14, 2019 7:13 PM

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised about Alvaro being bi at least either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474January 14, 2019 7:21 PM

Yes, that is why it surprised me to read that, R473. I can't imagine him supporting them and nothing online suggests it at all except these random tweets. And I really doubt he is homophobic or racist or a bigot of any sort. He was adorable in this video and quite touchy-feely with Omar towards the end (from about 15:00)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475January 14, 2019 7:29 PM

Aron and Omar sharing clothes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 14, 2019 8:50 PM

Aron has a few hearts in his eyes there, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 15, 2019 2:39 PM

There will be three new characters in second season. Two girls and a guy, and i think he is there to be a former boyfriend of Lu.

We knew that there won't be a third wheel on Omander storyline (something i agree, they have enough material for drama without going to the love triangle) but i hoped they will bring a new guy for Polo, once his relationship with Carla and Christian is doomed. Maybe two gay storylines were just too much

by Anonymousreply 478January 15, 2019 6:00 PM

r470 It is pretty clear to me that you were trying to argue that Aron is straight. You even try to dismiss his back-and-forth with Brandon as merely "being nice", ignoring that Brandon is gay and ridiculously proposing that they must personally know each other just on account of their working for Netflix. You don't fool anyone.

by Anonymousreply 479January 16, 2019 2:21 AM

r478, Or, you know, Polo could be the third wheel in Omander.

by Anonymousreply 480January 16, 2019 2:22 AM

R479: I repeat (because you seem to not understand what i said), i don't know him, and i don't know if he is straight, gay or bi (and to be honest i don't care that much), what i say is that i don't find him effeminate and that he doesn't know a thing about elementary gay culture in Spain (everybody know La revolución sexual is a gay anthem and he doesn't seem to have a clue).

And putting a heart emoji is not exactly like saying i want to fuck you. They have a very light flirty thing on instagram, i know people write chapters and chapters of fanfiction with less but that' not exactly like saying i'm gay. And Brandon is an actor he could like him for a lot more reasons than wanting to fuck him

He is comfortable with Omar, who is openly gay. He even said he was comfortable doing the interview for the gay magazine. Is he straight? i don't know.

And i don't need to fool anyone because i don't know a thing about him

by Anonymousreply 481January 16, 2019 6:09 PM

R480: I doubt it. Maybe it was on initial plans, but they seemed to changed their mind.

by Anonymousreply 482January 16, 2019 6:11 PM

In the pic with the new actors Arón is nowhere to be seen, and Miguel and Álvaro are really close friends, they seem to touch each other in every pic

by Anonymousreply 483January 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Aron posted a story today that we was "ill as fuk", so I am guessing that was why he wasn't filming/there for the photos. Though he seems to have gone out with his roommate later on, so hopefully feeling better.

And yes, Alvaro and Miguel seem to be very affectionate with each other especially but also with others.

by Anonymousreply 484January 16, 2019 8:32 PM

So Aron called this guy "Papi" twice at least...so is this his type, haha?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 16, 2019 11:16 PM

How is this new teaser not posted yet?

Any predictions on these new characters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486January 17, 2019 10:13 PM

The guy is supposed to be LU's ex (i think she will get more airtime this season), the other ones i don't know (but at least one of them will be related to Samu, i suppose)

by Anonymousreply 487January 18, 2019 1:43 PM

The creators behind Elite supposedly have a new movie coming out with the actor who played Pol on Merli.

by Anonymousreply 488January 19, 2019 3:43 AM

R488: I was going to post the same. They seem to be a creative team now. Carlos Cuevas plays a gay character on that film

by Anonymousreply 489January 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Interesting R489 and there was already a connection between Elite and Fisica o Quimica and now somewhat with Merli. Carlos is reprising his bisexual character from Merli on a spin-off show and with this film from the Elite creators this I believe would be Carlos 3rd time playing a non straight character.

by Anonymousreply 490January 19, 2019 10:16 AM

I remember Carlos playing a gay character in a short movie

by Anonymousreply 491January 19, 2019 10:38 AM

I don't know the rest of the cast, Dana, Ester and Álvaro are in Bilbao at the Feroz awards (Élite is nominated to best drama)

by Anonymousreply 492January 19, 2019 6:44 PM

Hopefully he won't pull a Darren Criss R491.

I hope they win R492.

by Anonymousreply 493January 20, 2019 8:17 AM

Spain has always been ahead when it comes to gay storylines. Seems like the rest of the world is catching up too. Here is a gay kiss from a Mexican telenovela. I'm shocked it wasn't censored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 20, 2019 10:25 AM

To be fair, the number of gay characters in spanish tv is not that high. Of course it's way worse in Portugal, they are still in the educative phase which means gay characters barely touch each other. A couple of years ago there was a controversy on a daytime soap because they didn't let the actors kiss (they censored the kiss) which was a pity because the actors were really hot (one of them played a gay character too on a very entertaining prime time soap)

by Anonymousreply 495January 20, 2019 10:34 AM

I'm not too surprised r494. A similar thing happened with the terrible American telenovela remake of FOQ where the gay kiss was censored out and on a Mexican telenovela Jaime Camill gay character on the show has his kiss was cut out out from the show.

R495 That was Os Nossos Dias(Our Days) and after the network got a lot of complaints for them censoring the gay kiss. They came out and apologized for doing it. The other show I think you are referring to is O Beijo do Escorpião (The kiss of the scorpion) and the actor hot actor is Duarte Gomes who was in both O Beijo do Escorpião and Os Nossos Dias as gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 20, 2019 11:06 AM

O beijo do escorpiao was so funny to watch, not the gay storyline ( bordering on violence and self hate) but the whole story. For a moment i thought Duarte will play a similar role on Os nossos días, but fortunately he never went that far in his denial. Him and Sisley were incredibly hot together, a pity that they barely touch each other.

by Anonymousreply 497January 20, 2019 11:29 AM

This is adorable. And Aron reposted it in his own story. Omar seems to love filming him and getting him to smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 23, 2019 12:17 PM

One of the pics of that twitter makes me thing that Polo and Ander probably make their friendship reach the next level

by Anonymousreply 499January 24, 2019 1:59 PM

r499 Which one?

by Anonymousreply 500January 24, 2019 3:46 PM

I guess it's this one.

It kinda makes sense, because they never really interacted with each other despite being in the same group with Guzman. We probably get more interactions with them two next season and maybe disclose to each other their attraction to other men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 24, 2019 3:59 PM

I love Omar!

by Anonymousreply 502January 24, 2019 4:08 PM

It's an old photo, though, right? I would be okay with this development though...but I also really like Ander with Omar.

by Anonymousreply 503January 24, 2019 4:11 PM

I don't know. I think the plan was already that, but in their last interview the Dario and Carlos seemed to hint that they won't go in that direction)

by Anonymousreply 504January 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Arón is on a new daily soap, Derecho a soñar. I don't know if they recorded this show some time ago because i remember him being asked about other projects and saying he didn't have anything and he is filming Élite right now.

Generally in Spain this kind of soaps are not limited shows (in fact one of those soaps reach the 2000 episode this week), of course this is a new show about lawyers and could be different, but he is one of the main characters (the brother of the female lead)

by Anonymousreply 505January 25, 2019 5:15 PM

There are pics of Omar and Arón shooting scenes from season 2.

Omar, Ander and Nadia are the last three characters in the twitter game about the favourite character (it's curious how the main plot characters, Samu, Marina, Nano, were the first, after Lu, in being eliminated)

by Anonymousreply 506January 25, 2019 6:42 PM

Élite was nominated to one of GLLAD awards (Outstanding scripted television series spanish language)

by Anonymousreply 507January 25, 2019 8:43 PM

Is that Ander's dad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 25, 2019 11:56 PM

I think it's one of the directors giving them instructions

by Anonymousreply 509January 26, 2019 10:12 AM

I was gonna say “what the hell is his dad doing putting his hand there?”

by Anonymousreply 510January 26, 2019 11:03 AM

Is the actor who portrays Omar gay in real life?

by Anonymousreply 511January 26, 2019 1:34 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 512January 26, 2019 1:42 PM

Another interesting like by Aron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 29, 2019 5:33 PM

Paco is openly bi. He told to some journalist once that before marrying his now wife, he had a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 514January 29, 2019 6:15 PM

Paco León is very popular in Spain. He became popular imitating characters on a parody about televisión (his most popular characters were females).

And yes, he is bisexual

Arón is playing a troubled teenager on a daily soap right now. I suppose the show was filmed before (i remember him saying he had no projects apart of Élite in november)

by Anonymousreply 515January 29, 2019 6:28 PM

Thanks, R514 and R515! I didn't know that. I would love it if Aron followed suit...if he is indeed bisexual.

He does look a bit younger in the clips of that soap I have seen, so you're probably right, R515.

To go off-topic for a minute: Anyone watching SKAM France? Maxence Danet-Fauvel is gorgeous and the French version of the story looks interesting.

by Anonymousreply 516January 29, 2019 6:43 PM

R516 Maxence is very nice, as is Axel. I’m liking the subtle changes so far and more drawn to it than the Italian version.

by Anonymousreply 517January 29, 2019 9:05 PM

Yes, they are both great, R517, and the changes are good so far. I haven't seen much of the Italian one, it didn't draw me in at all somehow. But I haven't given it much of a chance to be fair.

To get back to Elite: It's interesting how quickly Jorge Lopez seems to have clicked with the cast!

by Anonymousreply 518January 29, 2019 9:23 PM

Was Paco gonna be on La Casas de las Flores? Checked his IG and he seems to be on the show?

by Anonymousreply 519January 30, 2019 2:23 AM

He is, r519. He plays Paulina’s transgender ex- husband/wife, and the family’s lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 520January 30, 2019 5:22 AM

Elite was the best thing I've seen on Netflix so far

by Anonymousreply 521January 30, 2019 5:29 AM

R518 Yes, looked like they were having fun celebrating Ester's birthday

by Anonymousreply 522January 30, 2019 9:59 AM

No new love interest for the gorgeous Polo? Bummer. I need a good looking gay couple on the show.

by Anonymousreply 523January 30, 2019 11:14 AM

So what do we know about Jorge Suquet (the teacher)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 30, 2019 1:39 PM

I love his voice...but they kind of tricked him there. He does seem very fond of Miguel H.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525January 31, 2019 6:47 PM

Miguel B. I mean, haha.

by Anonymousreply 526January 31, 2019 6:48 PM

No, it's not that.

It's way simpler, Miguel didn't want this to be news on the press. His mother put her foot in her mouth talking about Aitana, something Miguel avoided all the time. Arón knows for sure he doesn't want people talking about the relationship and he just does that, not talking about the relationship of a colleague

by Anonymousreply 527January 31, 2019 6:57 PM

Sorry, i read he is not very fond of Miguel B. My mistake

by Anonymousreply 528January 31, 2019 7:03 PM

Ah, thanks, R527! I didn't know his mother had said anything. I thought this was basically Aron accidentally confirming the relationship. I am glad that is not the case.

I am also glad he confirmed again that fame turned out better than what he feared.

by Anonymousreply 529January 31, 2019 7:03 PM

Oh no problem, R528. Just look at R477 and R444, there is no doubt for me that they are very friendly :).

by Anonymousreply 530January 31, 2019 7:11 PM

I have gathered that nobody seems interested in Aron's likes but I keep trying to find a pattern, haha. So here is another interesting one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 2, 2019 8:13 PM

Are Aron and Brandon still liking each other's posts?

by Anonymousreply 532February 2, 2019 8:36 PM

For the last few weeks it looks like Aron has indeed been liking Brandon's posts but not vice versa, R532.

by Anonymousreply 533February 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Life is out of SM.

by Anonymousreply 534February 3, 2019 5:12 AM

Aren't the Goya awards tonight?

by Anonymousreply 535February 3, 2019 5:54 AM

I think Aron Piper is gay. He pings hard.

by Anonymousreply 536February 3, 2019 7:19 AM

Thanks R533.

by Anonymousreply 537February 3, 2019 9:50 AM

In the contest of the twitter page Omar was the most popular character (Ander the second)

by Anonymousreply 538February 4, 2019 5:25 PM

You're welcome, R537!

Aron seems to be hanging out a lot with Jorge Lopez! Are we absolutely sure he's not a new love interest? Are they just clicking on a personal level?

by Anonymousreply 539February 5, 2019 1:52 PM

Is Jorge openly gay, glass closeted gay, or neither?

by Anonymousreply 540February 5, 2019 5:41 PM

Hahahaha, I think someone needs to comfort the guy who keeps tabs on Aaron’s likes on SM. To be bi or not tobe, that’s the question.

by Anonymousreply 541February 5, 2019 5:45 PM

R539: We'll most of them seem to be very close (probably with the exception of Miguel Herrán) so who knows.

Miguel B is doing a campaing against bullying

by Anonymousreply 542February 5, 2019 5:53 PM

I had not heard of this Jorge until now, I didn't know he was working in the series.

by Anonymousreply 543February 5, 2019 6:16 PM

I honestly have no idea, R540. I thought he had a gf based on the few photos I have seen on his instagram, but it turned out it was his cousin...

R542, oh for sure, they all seem close. I only wondered - because it was quick - whether that implied anything about the story.

And good for Miguel B. I like his involvement with UNICEF.

by Anonymousreply 544February 5, 2019 6:20 PM

If you search for their names on Twitter, you'll see that they hung out a few times over the last couple of weeks or so...sometimes with others and sometimes not...apparently anyway

An example

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 5, 2019 6:33 PM

Hanging out again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546February 6, 2019 8:49 PM

Aron is going to put his pp bareback in Jorge on the show

by Anonymousreply 547February 7, 2019 2:19 AM

I'm curious about Jorge's role in the show. He was supposed to be Lu's ex, but that didn't get us too many clues.

They posted about shooting on a forest, jorge, dana, miguel b and omar

by Anonymousreply 548February 7, 2019 10:17 AM

Bymin

by Anonymousreply 549February 8, 2019 11:06 PM

R540, the only thing I have found is him answering a question about Valentine's Day in an interesting way, mentioning a male life partner before a female, but it could just be an expression.

He was of course linked to one or two female actresses on his previous show, but no idea how much truth there was to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550February 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Please ignore the redundant "female" before actresses, haha.

by Anonymousreply 551February 9, 2019 2:13 AM

When does the next season begin on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 552February 9, 2019 2:27 AM

Will Polo get a male love interest this season?

by Anonymousreply 553February 9, 2019 8:10 AM

One would assume considering he said he was "bi"

by Anonymousreply 554February 9, 2019 8:20 AM

Season 2 will be released by the end of the year, probably october or november.

And i'm not that sure of what they are going to do with Polo. Carla even said that he liked boys more than girls, but he seems pretty attached to her. There are only one new male character, and i doubt Polo has nothing to do with Ander (apart of being his friend) or Omar. Of course he could have hook ups. I thought it would be good he was in a relationship to show his other side without the awful influence of Carla, but maybe they'll do that with a girl

by Anonymousreply 555February 9, 2019 9:36 AM

R555 I really hope they won't pair him up with another girl, it would be such a waste. I want to see Polo in a gay relationship.

by Anonymousreply 556February 9, 2019 9:38 AM

I keep wondering whether Aron wants to wear or see other men wear some of the clothing he likes on Instagram...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557February 9, 2019 11:00 PM

Is this old?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558February 10, 2019 9:33 AM

Found it myself...seems to be from October

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559February 10, 2019 10:28 AM

Danna, Aron and Jorge are celebrating Valentine's Day together...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 14, 2019 10:22 PM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 14, 2019 10:23 PM

I had no idea Valentine's Day was a thing outside of the English-speaking world.

by Anonymousreply 562February 14, 2019 11:54 PM

It has definitely caught on, R562

by Anonymousreply 563February 15, 2019 12:06 AM

R563: Valentine's day is nothing new here, Halloween is (even if halloween has celtic roots and part of Spain it's from celtic origin)

by Anonymousreply 564February 15, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote] [talic]The earliest description of February 14 as an annual celebration of love appears in the Charter of the Court of Love. The charter, allegedly issued by VI of France at Mantes-la-Jolie in 1400, describes lavish festivities to be attended by several members of the royal court[/italic]

America, of course, commercialized it to what it is today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 15, 2019 2:10 PM

Thanks, R564/R565. I was mostly referring to the commercial aspect, yes...

But back to this interesting trio...were Aron and Danna close before or is Jorge the link here?

Btw, does anyone actually know if Aron has a German parent, or was he just born there? I tried to find out but no luck...

by Anonymousreply 566February 15, 2019 2:54 PM

Pretty sure that Aron and Danna were close before Jorge joined the cast. As for his parents, I think his father is German.

by Anonymousreply 567February 15, 2019 7:51 PM

So is Aron gay, is that what were looking for? Haven't really followed the thread.

by Anonymousreply 568February 15, 2019 7:56 PM

R566: Valentine's day is refered in Spain as El Corte inglés day for decades (El corte inglés is a spanish version of Harrods more or less)

I don't know if he has a german father (Piper doesn't seem a german middlename) but that middlename is not spanish for sure. His name on the other hand is probably Basque

R568: Élite's actor are so gay friendly that it's impossible to know unless he says something. His interviews are more shy and akward than anything remotely gay but a lot of people here seem to think he pings a lot, so who knows

by Anonymousreply 569February 15, 2019 8:17 PM

I just got around to seeing this. Very fun! The writer must be a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 570February 15, 2019 8:22 PM

R570: One of the writers is, in fact Omar Shaana is the name of his boyfriend (and his boyfriend has a sister called Nadia), so basically the Shaana's family got inspired by his relationship

by Anonymousreply 571February 15, 2019 8:27 PM

Hmmm, are Aron and Jorge both on holiday in Barcelona....together perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 572February 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Thanks R567 and R568. What I heard of him speaking German was good, so I wondered if a parent was German since he left quite young. The names are not particularly German, I agree, so maybe it's more a German grandmother or something.

by Anonymousreply 573February 15, 2019 10:07 PM

Based on their stories, Aron and Jorge are at least partying together in Barcelona...now I am only curious about their accommodation arrangement, haha

by Anonymousreply 574February 16, 2019 12:31 AM

Cute, but I prefer him with Jorge at the moment, haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575February 21, 2019 11:46 AM

What do we know of the new guy joining the cast next season?

by Anonymousreply 576February 21, 2019 11:52 AM

r576 they said he's Lu's ex-boy

by Anonymousreply 577February 21, 2019 12:08 PM

But he really seems to be filming with Aron a lot...and Omar was there early on but hasn't seemed to be there with them recently.

by Anonymousreply 578February 21, 2019 12:27 PM

I don't mean he's not there at all, just not together with Aron, Jorge and Danna (with Miguel B. and Mina sometimes). Of course we only see what they want us to, but it is curious.

by Anonymousreply 579February 21, 2019 12:38 PM

R579: But that's very easy to explain because Omar is not in the same school the rest, in fact he seemed to have scenes with Samu which makes sense because he is his best friend and lives in the same neighbourhood.

On the twitter fan chanel they posted a couple of pics with Arón and Omar after filming some scenes

by Anonymousreply 580February 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Yes, true, R580, but those were a while ago. But you still could be right. But where is the info that Valerio is Lu's ex coming from? I have only read this here.

by Anonymousreply 581February 21, 2019 2:04 PM

R581: The pics together were posted yesterday

Valerio being Lu's ex was published before he was chosen from the role. That was supposed to be the role of the new male actor but of course they could have change their mind. Anyway, Valerio has a lot of scenes with Lu

Dario and Carlos said there won't be a third in Omander, at least not in second season, and i doubt changed their mind because that was not the original plan (in Omar and Arón interview they talk about both characters experiment with their new found sexuality but that was the original plan and it seems second season won't go there at all)

by Anonymousreply 582February 21, 2019 2:26 PM

I was wrong the pics are not from yesterday (that's Omar and Samu) they are from last monday

by Anonymousreply 583February 21, 2019 2:31 PM

Thanks for explaining, R582, I appreciate it :).

I can't seem to find the new photos, though, do you have a link or remember which account?

by Anonymousreply 584February 21, 2019 2:33 PM

Do you mean this one? I thought that was old but could be wrong for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Look, it is very similar to this from October

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 21, 2019 2:46 PM

In october they weren't filming, so maybe they are from season one

by Anonymousreply 587February 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Yes, true, R587!

by Anonymousreply 588February 21, 2019 2:48 PM

only Days can give us gay love triangles :(

by Anonymousreply 589February 21, 2019 3:02 PM

A real pity, R589. They would make a hot triangle.

by Anonymousreply 590February 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Doing a little more flirting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591February 21, 2019 3:25 PM

[quote]in Omar and Arón interview they talk about both characters experiment with their new found sexuality but that was the original plan and it seems second season won't go there at all

They won't go where?

by Anonymousreply 592February 21, 2019 5:12 PM

R592: The original plans where they split and have other relationships, Dario and Carlos changed their mind after the reactions of the fans

R589: I suppose that's irony, because Days was unable to bring a decent gay storyline since Sonny appeared in Salem (not even a short lived one). The writing makes ATWT looks like emmy worthy (Van Hansis is a way better actor than Chandler Massey or Freddie Smith, Chandler must be the most overrated actor in soap opera history)

by Anonymousreply 593February 21, 2019 5:54 PM

Miguel H with Jon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594February 21, 2019 6:46 PM

r594 He shouldn't stand close to Jon - it makes him look so plain.

by Anonymousreply 595February 21, 2019 6:52 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596February 21, 2019 6:59 PM

So Jorge liked this clip. Does that tell us anything, haha? I am thinking bi at least?

by Anonymousreply 597February 21, 2019 11:46 PM

This clip, sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 21, 2019 11:48 PM

r594 He looks African there.

by Anonymousreply 599February 21, 2019 11:53 PM

He looks so much better with straightened hair.

New thread at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2019 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!