Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olsen Twins

No words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 15, 2018 4:52 PM

So, still anorexic looking, then?

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2018 4:03 AM

Oh there are words all right. Just not any nice ones.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2018 4:04 AM

Their sister Elizabeth Olsen is the pretty version.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2018 4:04 AM

Yes, Elizabeth is very pretty, and seems to be normal. These two are just plain weird.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2018 4:09 AM

They used to be the same height, right?

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2018 4:11 AM

Are they fraternal? The one has eyes twice as big as the other.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2018 4:13 AM

The words "Ayesha the Mummy Queen and her pet raccoon" come to mind ...

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2018 4:13 AM

Come play with us...

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2018 4:14 AM

Honestly, I think the one on the left looks kinda pretty

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2018 4:14 AM

They look like meerkats.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2018 4:16 AM

So, they're gelflings or something, right? What's their story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2018 4:17 AM

I think they're tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2018 4:18 AM

They were set up for life by the time they were 6. They can afford to be play-eccentric. The one was pretty good on Weeds years ago. I like their Granny-chic, even if it is contrived. But, the extreme thinness is too much. Weird and a bit try-hard, but have you ever heard negative things about them? They just seem like they go about heir business enjoying access to the celeb world and don't cause much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2018 4:19 AM

R6 Yes, they are fraternal. Once they hit their teens you could definitely tell the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2018 4:21 AM

I saw one in Los Feliz. She was barely the height of a parking meter and the normal height buff dude she was with was making her carry ALL their stuff from the car including this huge duffel bag (was the other twin in it?) and a surfboard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2018 4:24 AM

I believe the word is: Prune.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2018 4:25 AM

ARe they actually ugly or is is just the clothes and makeup?

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2018 4:26 AM

I actually freaking LOVE their style. I know they smoke too much, and have the weird makeup, and to the worst "suck in my cheeks" poses - but their clothes are all cool bohemian fun.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2018 4:27 AM

R13 I agree. I remember being so angry a few years ago when John Stamos was begging for their return to the show Fuller House on Netflix and then getting pissy in the press when they were being cagey about it. They have both said they felt like performing monkeys on the show and obviously don’t have the same memories as everyone else. Just let them live their lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2018 4:27 AM

The older looking one, Mary-Kate, is a horrific smoker. It's really amazing how much it aged her, compared to Ashley.

M-K also has been in rehab multiple times for body dysmorphia and eating disorders, brought on by the press constantly comparing her looks unfavorably to her sister's. That has to be a special kind of press hell--to have a body dysmorphic disorder AND have an objectively more attractive twin sister you're always photographed with.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2018 4:36 AM

Stamos & the other actors probably needed the $. One hit show doesn’t set you up for life.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2018 4:36 AM

They remind me of Sarah Jessica Parker's character in Hocus Pocus.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2018 4:37 AM

How did they get so rich off that one stupid show?

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2018 4:39 AM

They’re rich because of all those horrible movies.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Eh, they don't bother me. At least they aren't dressing all trashy and tits out.

And they didn't get rich from just FULL HOUSE. They had a string of kids movies and CDs and books that were hugely popular.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Yeah, but they are worth, like, a billion dollars, R25. THAT came from movies, CDs and books? Jesus, Madonna's the best selling female vocalist alive and she's not even (quite) worth a billion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2018 4:44 AM

They even had their own dolls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2018 4:46 AM

Welcome to the club ladies...

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2018 4:53 AM

We're fine over here, Madge.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2018 4:54 AM

Please sir....can I have some more?

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2018 4:55 AM

"Eh, they don't bother me. At least they aren't dressing all trashy and tits out."

Why would that bother you?

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2018 4:55 AM

They're only 32 and they've been on the scene for three decades, lol.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2018 4:57 AM

Don't like em. The Heath thing was the nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2018 4:58 AM

They always make me think of vintage trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2018 5:01 AM

When they were in their early teens, they used to brag about how they wouldn't wear clothing made for girls their age. They had to have adult women's fashions cut down to their size. Good thing THAT didn't have consequences years down the line.

by Anonymousreply 35October 5, 2018 5:19 AM

Ashley looks appalling in OP's pic, but Mary-Kate is starting to look like an aging dowager empress, which is interesting. She looks like she's about 55, but still...

Together they look like something in a bad sci-fi movie - like the human version of female grasshoppers that bite off the male's head.

by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2018 5:22 AM

MK looks fucking ROUGH

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2018 5:24 AM

A mantis bites off its partner's head, r36.

by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2018 5:25 AM

They definitely are not being helped by the botox that is making their upper lips droop and flatten. Kim Kardashian has the same thing going on with her upper lip. The space between the nose and the lip elongates. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2018 5:25 AM

They are rich due to their three television shows, movies, DVD’s and clothing lines

by Anonymousreply 40October 5, 2018 5:27 AM

Jesus. Ashley looks sort of better here but MK looks 60 years old in every picture from that event. Her face looks vastly different than it did just a few years ago. Plastic surgery? Meth? Heroin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 5, 2018 5:31 AM

Have they had molars removed to perfect that gaunt, sunken cheek look?

by Anonymousreply 42October 5, 2018 5:33 AM

R20 you believed she was in treatment for an eating disorder?

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2018 5:34 AM

The geeky father on Full House is well known to have a huge cock IRL. I always wanted his big dick in me.

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2018 5:35 AM

Met Gala 2008

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 5, 2018 5:37 AM

2005 Met Gala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2018 5:38 AM

Is one of them still married to that old french guy? poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2018 5:39 AM

I read a few articles about how they got rich. It was basically pedos being obsessed with their youth "products" they sold. All those obscure movies and videos they sold were not popular with regular little kids. Also there's been allegations of "darkness" behind the scenes of FH and Hollywood in general. These two are far from normal, healthy (physically and mentally) , emotionally mature young women. They're completely fucked. I don't see them making it past 40/45.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2018 5:44 AM

which is the one that killed Heath Ledger?

by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2018 5:45 AM

Yes, I don't buy for one second that it was their crappy merchandise that made them billionaires. Remember, some other artists also had crappy merchandise (like the New Kids On the Block) and none became billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 50October 5, 2018 5:49 AM

The Row and Elizabeth and James are legit fashion houses.

by Anonymousreply 51October 5, 2018 5:50 AM

New Kids On The Block were only famous for a few years. These 2 were famous since babies and they were selling all kinds of products from toys, clothing, books, videos etc until they were in their teenage years...That's like 20 years. They are filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2018 5:54 AM

People are forgetting that the Olsen Twins made a shit load of money because they tapped into a market that no one else had... Tweens. They basically invented the damn thing. Everyone else was ignoring that age group and their manager was smart enough to plug right into it.

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2018 6:09 AM

Why do they make me think they are old maids from the 1880s?

by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2018 6:21 AM

They got rich because their people set up a production company when they were kids and they gained control of it when they turned 18. It's called Dualstar and it produced everything they starred in.

And Mary-Kate looks like that because of eating disorders, a shit ton of smoking (at the wedding to the old guy, they had bowls of cigarettes for guests) and rumored drug use.

by Anonymousreply 55October 5, 2018 6:21 AM

R47 MK is still married to him and I think Ashley's boyfriend is pushing 60.

by Anonymousreply 56October 5, 2018 6:29 AM

I read they have competitions to see who can smoke the most and eat the least in one day.

by Anonymousreply 57October 5, 2018 6:30 AM

Ashley’s look from 2009 was one of my favorite MET looks ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 5, 2018 6:36 AM

[quote]M-K also has been in rehab multiple times for body dysmorphia and eating disorders, brought on by the press constantly comparing her looks unfavorably to her sister's. That has to be a special kind of press hell--to have a body dysmorphic disorder AND have an objectively more attractive twin sister you're always photographed with.

Mary Kate has no one to blame for her strange looks but herself. Looking at the 2005 Met pics shows that she looked quite similar to Ashley. Now, they both look like shit, so in the end it doesn't matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 5, 2018 6:58 AM

Why hasn't anyone killed them with fire yet??????

by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2018 7:03 AM

Elves from The Lord of the Rings movies.

by Anonymousreply 61October 5, 2018 7:04 AM

How old are they now?

by Anonymousreply 62October 5, 2018 7:14 AM

I am so intrigued. I think they must be identical twins. You almost never get two fraternal siblings who look so similar. OTOH, they have a much lower degree of concordance than most identicals (but it does happen).

by Anonymousreply 63October 5, 2018 7:15 AM

They are no daughters of mine

by Anonymousreply 64October 5, 2018 7:15 AM

R26 - no, from their clothing and fashion line - for real - hairspray, toothpaste, etc.! Believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 65October 5, 2018 11:23 AM

They are fraternal twins. Confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2018 11:46 AM

I'm sure someone diddled them when they were younger and thats why they've had problems and are fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2018 12:06 PM

Witchy women!

I was their target demographic in their heyday. I watched all their shit from The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley to It Takes Two to their globetrotting direct to video pictures like Passport to Paris, Winning London, and Holiday in the Sun. All the girls I grew up with loved their stuff too. We definitely contributed to the empire they were building. Their TV shows started airing around the time I was growing out of them. They were an undeniable phenomenon so I'm not surprised they're worth as much as they are.

Wasn't one of them dating director Bennett Miller? Ashley I think. I doubt they're still together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2018 12:20 PM

They weren't pretty or even cute when they started on the TV show as babies, & they certainly haven't aged well.

[quote]At least they aren't dressing all trashy and tits out.

Girls that thin don't really have tits.

by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2018 12:37 PM

Fur is murder, and these two are mass murderers!

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2018 12:42 PM

They were so cute, what happened that they choose these ugly old men?

by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2018 12:56 PM

Someone theorized that the reason they style themselves like elderly women is because they so sexualized at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2018 1:15 PM

You guys totally dismissing how they acquired their wealth are totally off the mark. They were extremely popular child stars after FH, practically like pop stars of the school age set. They were so popular that Howard Stern invited them to meet his youngest daughter (who I think was around 7 at the time) because she was so obsessed with them.

This 2001 article from the NY Times sums it up better than I could: they were a juggernaut:

[quote]Because Mary-Kate and Ashley are a brand. And not just any brand. For girls between the ages of 4 and 14 they are the brand. Despite the fact that assuming you are not a girl between the ages of 4 and 14 or her parent you may have only the vaguest idea of who Mary-Kate and Ashley even are, they are a brand doing bang-up business with companies including Wal-Mart, Mattel, HarperEntertainment, News Corp, AOL Time Warner and Disney. Their Mattel dolls are outselling all others in the comparable fashion-doll category, except for Barbie. Two of their direct-to-video movies were Nos. 1 and 3 on Billboard's children's video charts for the year 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2018 1:18 PM

[quote]Someone theorized that the reason they style themselves like elderly women is because they so sexualized at a young age.

How were they "so sexualized" at a young age?

And I think there's a more obvious reason why they dress like that. They spent most of their early years as being seen as "the toddlers from Full House", and they're clearly self conscious about their size. (They look like little doll women.) I always got the sense that even as they were reaching their teens, people were still kind of treating them like babies, so dressing up like old ladies was their way of telling the world that they're all grown up.

by Anonymousreply 74October 5, 2018 1:25 PM

I remember there were websites counting down the days until the Olsens turned 18, they were definitely sexualized.

by Anonymousreply 75October 5, 2018 1:27 PM

Was just going to say, r75, there were a lot of “jokes” about them becoming legal.

by Anonymousreply 76October 5, 2018 1:29 PM

They way they dress is common among anorexics, who wear baggy clothing to disguise how thin they are.

by Anonymousreply 77October 5, 2018 1:33 PM

They look like 2 emaciated dwarfs in costume for a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 78October 5, 2018 1:35 PM

"Dr. Rian Maercks about whether Mary-Kate's gotten work done, he believed the cigarettes did more damage than a telltale knife.

"I would say that technically the majority of the changes we see could be due to accelerated aging associated with nicotine products tobacco or other environmental factors, as she is a known smoker"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 5, 2018 1:40 PM

All that silly posing in the OP picture. They both suck those cheeks in and pooch their lips out when they know they're being photographed. Neither one of them are doing it in the picture at R79. They look semi normal there. It's sad that they actually think doing that makes them look better. It makes them look like a fools.

by Anonymousreply 80October 5, 2018 1:47 PM

I remember countdowns to their 18th birthdays. They co-hosted SNL shortly before their 18th birthday, and they even gave the countdown a "shoutout". Around the same time, Dave Coulier was on the VH1 show, "The Surreal Life", and he got upset when someone made a pervy remark about them; he acted like he heard those types of comments too often. (Back then, it was acceptable for straight men to perv over underaged girls, thanks to Britney Spears' marketing people. Remember the Britney Pepsi commercial with Bob Dole?)

They seem to be alright, though, compared to most child stars. The Heath connection was weird, but they haven't been arrested, and like someone above mentioned, they don't dress like hookers when they go out in public. I guess there's no need to clamor for attention when you've already had too much attention your entire life. (Fortunately Britney has turned out OK, too, inspire a few road bumps earlier on.)

by Anonymousreply 81October 5, 2018 1:47 PM

Emma Watson also dealt with count downs.

by Anonymousreply 82October 5, 2018 1:49 PM

I like them They are unassuming and shun the press unlike other fame whores. They live quietly and are smart business people. They might have some questionable fashion choices but they own it. There are so many despicable people in the world to dislike. I wouldn't be these two on that list.

by Anonymousreply 83October 5, 2018 1:51 PM

[quote] They live quietly and are smart business people.

I think they have smart business people calling most of the shots for them. That's the key to their success.

by Anonymousreply 84October 5, 2018 1:56 PM

You have to have good instincts to pick the right people around you. And to sustain your success.

by Anonymousreply 85October 5, 2018 1:59 PM

They did it backwards. Instead of being kids for 18 years, going to work for 18 years, then retiring. They worked for 18 years, now they are retiring for 18 years, then they will spend the last 18 years of their lives being kids.

by Anonymousreply 86October 5, 2018 2:06 PM

I saw one at a backyard party in East Hampton a few years ago. Whichever one I saw was the size of a child and drowning in black fabric. It looked like a Game of Thrones character dropped into a Ralph Lauren photo shoot.

But I’ve never heard anything bad about them and I have a big soft spot for them.

by Anonymousreply 87October 5, 2018 2:07 PM

Pizza!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 5, 2018 2:11 PM

R71, Alanis Morissette strongly disagrees with your signature. She wrote “You oughta know” for the actor playing uncle Joey.

by Anonymousreply 89October 5, 2018 2:14 PM

They were ulgy as babies too. So babies dont always grow out of it, Khlorge.

by Anonymousreply 90October 5, 2018 2:19 PM

[quote]I think they have smart business people calling most of the shots for them. That's the key to their success.

They are actually business savvy. Whoever was in charge of them made them sit in on board meetings when they were kids to understand what was going on. People who have dealt with them have all reported that they take charge and make all the decisions.

by Anonymousreply 91October 5, 2018 2:21 PM

R89 no she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 92October 5, 2018 2:22 PM

"Prune!"

by Anonymousreply 93October 5, 2018 2:22 PM

They had a clothing line for girls at Walmart years ago before they started the couture lines.

by Anonymousreply 94October 5, 2018 2:23 PM

You Oughta Know was written about a mix of men in Alanis' life, but primarily about the Manager person who diddled her (that she wrote Under Rug Swept about).

Coulier asked Alanis if it was about him and she basically told him no but that he could say whatever he wanted to get press.... so he said it was about him.

by Anonymousreply 95October 5, 2018 2:28 PM

I meant, the Manager person she wrote, "Hands Clean, " about.

by Anonymousreply 96October 5, 2018 2:29 PM

Mary Kate and Ashley on Ellen 4 years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 5, 2018 2:35 PM

I think MK had that buckle thing Joan Crawford had done where they remove teeth so that your face gets that sunken in look.

by Anonymousreply 98October 5, 2018 2:39 PM

It’s so sad to think that so many child stars end up being miserable or self destructive in one way or another . They may be worth a billion but they look sad and like they need a hug . Why can’t they ever leave the limelight and buy an island somewhere and do volunteer work or start a charity and work behind the scenes ? They’d be so much healthier and happier , but they can’t seem to get out . It’s a vicious cycle I guess .

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2018 2:45 PM

That video really changed my mind about them. In pics they seem so humorless but they were real cute. Unfortunately, since that time there were BIs and rumors in the tabs that MK had some sort of weird cheek implants put in to give her that sucked in look and some other facial surgery. She wanted that look. I wonder if she was trying to look older and not like a kid liked she looked on Ellen. It was pretty obvious at the time because she looked so different from her twin. Based on the Op' s pic, sad to see they both look like they had it done.

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2018 2:46 PM

I always thought they were fugly little kids. They were pretty for a very, very short spate of time in their teen years but then it all went to hell.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2018 2:57 PM

I think you mean buccal R98.

Doesn't anyone think that their uber- diminutive size is a bit odd? I have a very weird theory about that, and it sort of blends into their obvious pysch and behavioral issues as well. It's not that they were sexually abused as young kids, rather they were physically abused by being given drugs/meds which halt growth and keep the child permanently mini-sized.

I watched a show on Discovery about these young kids who were profoundly disabled mentally, but they were not Down's Syndrome kids. The parents made a controversial choice to treat the girls with meds(I think they were hormones of some sort) which would keep the girls from going through puberty and making them easier for the parents to handle(since they would never be capable of living on their own.) When I saw some of the girls to whom this treatment was given they looked exactly like the Olsen twins. They had HUGE eyes and their faces were froggy looking. They doctors called them "pillow dolls" since they would be spending their entire lives lying in bed much like a doll baby.

Even if my theory has some truth to it, I am not suggesting that the twins were given the maximum dosage which would render them quiet little pillow dolls...but is it not possible that in order to maximize their career potential, the parents gave them a measured amount of the pillow doll treatment? I get it--it sounds crazy, but it would explain a lot, and as far as a parent doing something so heinous to their children for financial gain, I think their is more than adequate history of horrendous parental abuse of kids who are the family's meal ticket.

Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation for why they are so teeny when the rest of the family seems average sized?

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2018 2:59 PM

Ghouls

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2018 2:59 PM

Maybe they dress the way they do because they want to appear as small as they can in order to target today's tweens!

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2018 3:03 PM

Dress up Hairy-Kate and Trashley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2018 3:04 PM

They’ve always looked fraternal to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2018 3:05 PM

They share my birthday, June 13th, so I celebrate them every year. During the height of the eating disorder rumors, one of the gossip rags had a photo of Mary-Kate putting a piece of food in her mouth. The caption read "YUM YUM eat-em-up, Mary-Kate!" I don't know why I laughed my ass off. I cut out the photo and hung it up in my office. They did both look like they had a touch of the Downs as babies/youngsters.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2018 3:11 PM

Their "acting" was downright terrible on Full House.

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Does anyone remember the "Young Hollywood," cover of Vanity Fair that they were on? I remember it being a coup for VF to get them on the cover.

I think it's funny that basically only the teens in the middle section of that spread are the only ones with anything remotely resembling a career in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2018 3:21 PM

r20, every single person that you see on the screen, tv or movies, smokes. OK? Everybody smokes. Everybody. I don't know how old you are, but it seems shocking to me that this would be news to you.

M-K's severe anorexia & bulimia combined with being a junkie for the last twenty years is what has altered her visage so notably. She lost teeth from all the puking. That's why her cheeks suddenly have all this extra definition: there's nothing behind them.

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2018 3:21 PM

They were ugly as toddlers too. They are white and blonde, for some, it makes the ugliness forgivable.

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Why do the Olsen twins like KFC? Because it comes with a bucket.

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2018 3:28 PM

Did someone say KFC?

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2018 3:32 PM

Grotesque. Cruel. Unnecessary use of air.

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote]I remember there were websites counting down the days until the Olsens turned 18, they were definitely sexualized.

That's not what "sexualized" means (to make sex jokes about someone). It means to use visual means (images, makeup, clothing, etc.) to sexually objectify someone.

For example, Miley Cyrus was definitely sexualized at a young age. The media had her doing bizarre pin up-style photos and "sexy" shoots with her father when she was barely in her teens.

The Olsen twins had cheap jokes made about them by comedians when they were almost 18, but they weren't "sexualized" by the media or anyone else. Their look growing up was strictly out of Seventeen Magazine/Claire's Accessories/Forever 21. I think that's another reason why they dress the way they do. The media (and their handlers) was trying to groom them into becoming sickeningly sweet and wholesome "Sweet Valley High" types and they weren't having it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Funny, R115. Now that you mention it. I'm surprised they were never approached to turn those Sweet Valley High books into some sort of TV series or whatnot. Most likely because they only wanted to do stuff they would own outright and maximize profits, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2018 3:48 PM

What I can’t figure out is how they can stand being together as many hours in a day as they are. Is that a thing exclusive to twins? Or sisters raised in the spotlight?

I adore my sister and we’re as thick as thieves (often mistaken for twins) and we even share a house, but the thought of going to work with her and running/owning a business with her as well is just too much. I can’t imagine we’d even be on speaking terms after going through the machine that the Olsens did.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2018 3:56 PM

[quote]Doesn't anyone think that their uber- diminutive size is a bit odd?

No, because they were *always* odd-looking/had a doll-like quality about them, even when they were toddlers. I think that was what was part of their charm as child stars; it made them "quirky."

And they're not even "uber-diminutive", either. They're only 5'0"/5"1 ", and they're as tall as the most famous short celebrities. For reference--Lady Gaga (5'1), Jada Pinkett Smith (5'0"), Paula Abdul (also 5'0"), Lil' Kim (4'11").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2018 3:58 PM

They shared a womb for 9 months. It's what they know and what they're used to.

But do they actually even spend that much time with one another these days?

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2018 4:02 PM

Keane paintings come to life.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote]I always thought they were fugly little kids.

They were ugly babies, ugly toddlers and ugly kids. They've had plenty of plastic surgery and needed all of it.

They have said about their relationship and working together that it's like marriage and that they have had their ups and downs. They have also said that they have gotten better at communicating with each other in a way that is more productive or whatever. I imagine that since they have [italic]always[/italic] been together in business, they don't know any different, so it's not the overload that it would be if they had just started to work together as adults.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2018 4:24 PM

HTF can you tell which one is which? Who is the taller one, and who had/has the ED/cocaine issue?

They’re kind of fascinating though. All that money and fame, and this is what they end up looking like.

Can’t see the appeal of their fashion, but props to them for being productive and having a post TV And post movie career. I guess.

And the poster upthread who linked the baggy fashion choices on ED/anorexia was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2018 4:48 PM

When they were on Ellen, did they gave smoking contests with her? Who won?

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2018 4:51 PM

r118, no way in hell are they 5 feet tall. Go outside and look at a parking meter. Now subtract 2-3" from that. That's how tall they are. In shoes.

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2018 4:57 PM

W&w r124, r15

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2018 4:59 PM

They look like Mini-Me (left) and Dr Evil (right). It's uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2018 5:04 PM

Miley at R115... was she auditioning for the role of Samara?

by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2018 5:08 PM

[quote] ...every single person that you see on the screen, tv or movies, smokes. OK? Everybody smokes. Everybody.

No. Not really.

by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2018 5:10 PM

MK along with Nicole Richie and Lindsey helped usher in the pro-ana era.

They're only 32 and MK has two stepkids. Last I heard, Ashley was dating a businessman who's about 60.

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2018 5:11 PM

I think they’re small because they’re twins. Some (not all) twins are born well below healthy birth weights because either the mother’s body couldn’t withstand the incredible additional stress of carrying twins, or just other complications. Like some premies are below average size too, this is by no means the norm, but it also occurs often enough that it could be that simple.

by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote][R118], no way in hell are they 5 feet tall. Go outside and look at a parking meter. Now subtract 2-3" from that. That's how tall they are. In shoes.

You're certifiable. They are not "dwarf-sized." They're just short. The reason why they appear so dwarf-like is that they're also petite (have a pixie-like frame). If they had an average bone structure, they'd actually be looking a lot taller than they are and everyone would be thinking they were 5'6" or something.

Here they are, barefoot, next to a guy who's clearly of average male height (at least 5'9").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2018 5:16 PM

r131, I saw one of them in person, something you have never done. You are inventing that man's height.

by Anonymousreply 132October 5, 2018 5:28 PM

Creepy looking Republican midgets.

by Anonymousreply 133October 5, 2018 5:47 PM

R122 Ashley is on the left. She has a rounder face, rounder eyes, and fuller lips. Ashley is the one who has never had any real public scandal. She quit acting before his sister did.

Mary Kate is on the right. She has a more angular face with smaller lips and eyes. Mary Kate was the one who was friends with Heath Ledger. She went to rehab for anorexia. She quit acting in 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 5, 2018 5:50 PM

Ashley's usually blonde. The other one is usually darker haired.

by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2018 5:52 PM

[quote]Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation for why they are so teeny when the rest of the family seems average sized?

Nick Jonas is ripped, but the other members of his family are fat. Even Joe Jonas is getting fat now.

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2018 5:54 PM

Sorry, if that guy is 5'9" they are a lot shorter than 5'0".

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2018 5:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 5, 2018 6:09 PM

And they don't have family or friends willing to sit them down and tell them to get health? SAD

by Anonymousreply 139October 5, 2018 6:10 PM

R51 WINS!

Do any of you KNOW anything before you post in a thread?

They’ve been designing high-end well made clothing for more than twenty years.

Saks, Henri Bendel, Barneys, & Collette (RIP) have all featured the clothing.

The featured item on NET-A-PORTER today is a Paylee Suede Biker Jacket $3,400- from M&A’s The Row.

Barney’s is featuring The Row Women’s Essentials Stretch Leggings, $1,950-.

At SFA this week The Row Fairy Two-Layer Mock-Neck Long-Sleeve Evening Gown, Ecru, & 6,2900-

With the exception of R51, are any of you even gay?! As a demographic we are not cool or edgy anymore.

We used to make all the beauty & beautiful things in the world. Now, not so much.

JFC!

If you don’t KNOW about something, don’t fucking post your stupid “opinions” about it. That’s the DEFINITION of ignorance.

They make millions every year selling their gorgeous clothing to wealthy women all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 140October 5, 2018 6:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2018 6:48 PM

Or, realistically: If you don't already have an eating disorder and currently have all of your molars, don't start purging.

by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2018 6:52 PM

Are they at least fun, or are they yet another thing for us to fear?

by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2018 7:02 PM

They look like a blast.

by Anonymousreply 144October 5, 2018 7:04 PM

Didn't they go to NYU? I do hope they got some education.

by Anonymousreply 145October 5, 2018 7:08 PM

They are fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2018 7:09 PM

THE ROW is pretty classic. I didn't expect that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 5, 2018 7:12 PM

Recent portrait

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 5, 2018 7:14 PM

It is Heartbreaking to get old and ugly. They are loaded though so at least that is something.

by Anonymousreply 149October 5, 2018 7:19 PM

It's so much fun being twins!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 5, 2018 7:22 PM

R145 They dropped out after one year.

by Anonymousreply 151October 5, 2018 7:29 PM

Rightfully so, R151. What was NYU going to teach them? They're already extremely wealthy and they weren't going to learn anything beneficial there. Why waste all that time? Imagine all the years they would have missed out on chasing 60-year old dick!

by Anonymousreply 152October 5, 2018 7:31 PM

I never understood their appeal. They always bored me. I love their siste Elizabeth though. One of my favorite actresses. Scarlet Witch forever!

by Anonymousreply 153October 5, 2018 7:35 PM

It's like Elizabeth was the only one who learned to smile with her teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 5, 2018 7:45 PM

Isn't there yet another Olsen sister besides Elizabeth? That acts? Too lazy to look it up

by Anonymousreply 155October 5, 2018 7:47 PM

Wow... Elizabeth is really fat, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 156October 5, 2018 7:53 PM

Yeah, the other sister is Dooneese. She doesn't work much...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 5, 2018 8:09 PM

Hahaha!

They have one older brother, a step brother and step sister.

by Anonymousreply 158October 5, 2018 8:30 PM

It’s reached a point where I’m more comfortable looking at Duneese than the twins.

by Anonymousreply 159October 5, 2018 8:34 PM

MK looks like Robin Wright here.... and I mean at Robin's current age.

How did her face grow longer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 5, 2018 8:40 PM

Which is the one with the hardened look, as if she's survived a couple of bad marriages?

by Anonymousreply 161October 5, 2018 9:45 PM

I think that's Mary Kate. She almost has a Blanchett-like severity to her.

by Anonymousreply 162October 5, 2018 9:48 PM

Actually, the other sister is Ethel, and she’s one of the Olsen TRIPLETS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 5, 2018 9:59 PM

I’d still like to see a link that proves whether they’re identical or fraternal. They look no more fraternal than the conjoined twins Abby and Britney at r150 do.

They look a hell of a lot more like each other than they look like Elizabeth (whose appearance is much more normal).

by Anonymousreply 164October 5, 2018 10:14 PM

R164

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 5, 2018 10:18 PM

Well, after all, Halloween IS coming up.

by Anonymousreply 166October 5, 2018 10:23 PM

The Sprouse Twins are another example of fraternal twins who looked identical when they were little but now look fraternal

by Anonymousreply 167October 5, 2018 10:24 PM

I’m not sure if looking identical actually means you are. I know two women who look VERY much alike (I can tell the difference, but a mutual friend saw one on the street and called her by the other’s name and was reprimanded quite harshly because they don’t think they look alike) and they insist they’re fraternal. Something about the sperm and the egg, I don’t care to think about it too hard.

by Anonymousreply 168October 5, 2018 10:32 PM

Sorry but I am just going to have to block this thread, I can't stand seeing those pitiful faces every time I scroll through the threads.

by Anonymousreply 169October 5, 2018 10:37 PM

I don’t think Britney turned out ok.

by Anonymousreply 170October 5, 2018 11:23 PM

Regardless of where their respective life-long journeys may take them, far and wide, they'll inevitably end up living together in their twilight years, alone, with feral cats scattering about amongst them.

by Anonymousreply 171October 5, 2018 11:35 PM

After years of Mary Kate looking like shit compared to her sister, now she actually looks better than her. As some poster above said, she now looks like some wealthy old dowager, not a bad look FOR HER.

by Anonymousreply 172October 5, 2018 11:35 PM

Ashley Olsen has Lyme disease which is absolute hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 5, 2018 11:38 PM

^^ Yolanda-Model-Hadid-Foster-Mother-of-Gigi-Not-Gigi-Tick-Infested-Malibu-Lemon-Grove-Yolanda

by Anonymousreply 174October 5, 2018 11:42 PM

Lyme disease is Hollywood-ese for heroin addiction.

by Anonymousreply 175October 5, 2018 11:42 PM

r175 thinks people with Cancer just need to lift weights and that MS is really anxiety attacks

by Anonymousreply 176October 5, 2018 11:51 PM

R175 is an asshole

by Anonymousreply 177October 6, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote] Lyme disease is Hollywood-ese for heroin addiction.

Actually pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 178October 6, 2018 12:22 AM

it's Hollywood fibromyalgia

by Anonymousreply 179October 6, 2018 12:24 AM

^^Katherine McPhee

by Anonymousreply 180October 6, 2018 12:28 AM

Hey - I thought DL was over the mini-mania for posting pictures of raccoons.

by Anonymousreply 181October 6, 2018 12:54 AM

Thank you, r165!!

I was also surprised to learn that the Sprouse twins are fraternal, and that ScarJo has a twin brother.

I knew fraternal triplets when I was growing up but the two girls always looked very different from each other. One was gregarious and made friends easily but was not nearly as attractive as her sister, who was exquisitely beautiful and shy. By the time they were young adults they both looked like their overweight, frizzy haired mother (as did their younger sister) and the brother turned into a tall, awkward, balding copy of his father. It seems many people grow up to ultimately resemble one of their parents so the lesson is to take a good look at ma and pa to know what you’re in for ten or twenty years down the road.

It’s weird to see fraternal twins who look like they could be identical, as the Olsens do (imo). And many identical twins do look disimilar enough from one another that you wouldn’t guess they were identical, although I’ve always been bad at telling twins apart.

by Anonymousreply 182October 6, 2018 1:12 AM

PRUNE

by Anonymousreply 183October 6, 2018 1:15 AM

R164 I have 5 sets of fraternal twins in my family. 4 sets of fraternal twin girls, and one set of boy/girl twins. My great great grandmother and her twin sister were fraternal but you’d swear they were identical. The other sets don’t look identical in the least and look like two separate people.

And yes, you are right, they are almost always polar opposites. One twin is usually more well liked than the other.

by Anonymousreply 184October 6, 2018 1:25 AM

I know a pair of fraternal female twins, and even tho they look very similar the differences are very apparent and one always can tell them apart. Just like the Olsen twins.

by Anonymousreply 185October 6, 2018 1:29 AM

The Olsens are also mirror twins.

by Anonymousreply 186October 6, 2018 1:33 AM

Only identical twins can be mirror twins, r186.

The question I ask myself is, if I could have their money/fame/power would I switch places/bodies with either of them? The answer is Hell, no. Not for a billion dollar empire.

by Anonymousreply 187October 6, 2018 2:25 AM

No, R187. No!

by Anonymousreply 188October 6, 2018 2:28 AM

(R187 , R186 was in reference to MK an Ashley telling everyone they are).

by Anonymousreply 189October 6, 2018 2:31 AM

They both look terrible. Ghoulish.

by Anonymousreply 190October 6, 2018 2:35 AM

Fitting for October then!

by Anonymousreply 191October 6, 2018 2:46 AM

How did she get Lyme disease? Does she live in a forest?

by Anonymousreply 192October 6, 2018 3:10 AM

Which one is married to the old French Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 193October 6, 2018 3:15 AM

R193 Mary Kate.

by Anonymousreply 194October 6, 2018 3:25 AM

Their hideous stepmother...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 6, 2018 3:41 AM

I really cannot believe that someone had the audacity to place bowls upon bowls of loose cigarettes on tables as centerpieces, during a wedding reception. It’s one of the tackiest things I’ve EVER heard, and I’m no society snob maven.

by Anonymousreply 196October 6, 2018 4:16 AM

Because this has to posted again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 6, 2018 4:21 AM

And the remix (which is better)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 6, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]I really cannot believe that someone had the audacity to place bowls upon bowls of loose cigarettes on tables as centerpieces, during a wedding reception.

When did that happen? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 199October 6, 2018 7:45 AM

God, the last thing I want to do is brand myself as the old timer of the group here, but I promise you R198 Beautiful Buccellati silver bowls filled with cigs was de rigueur at society weddings and gala parties in the 50s-70s.

I would imagine that the practice went on in certain parties in Europe even later than that. The most recent reference to providing cigarettes for your guests was around 10 years ago when Bobby Flay gave his tips for being the perfect party host. He said(and he wasn't wrong) that at adult drinks parties even non-smokers enjoy lighting one up with a cocktail, so he always scatters old fashioned cig bowls throughout the entertaining rooms as well as the patio.

by Anonymousreply 200October 6, 2018 8:20 AM

As a non smoker I would hate that. I imagine the majority of guests would be non smokers at this point.

by Anonymousreply 201October 6, 2018 2:40 PM

My question anout the pizza video is, was only the director doing coke, or were the girls doing it too?

by Anonymousreply 202October 6, 2018 2:48 PM

Loved watching them in Two Of A Kind and So Little Time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 6, 2018 4:54 PM

Wow I keep going back to that pizza video. Really, how humiliating. No wonder they turned into eccentric recluses with eating disorders, I’d probably do the same if I were forever captured for posterity that way.

by Anonymousreply 204October 6, 2018 6:17 PM

R203 you know, going back to watch an ep. of SO LITTLE TIME it holds up ok. The witty repartee between Ash and MK is lightning-quick and the jokes are kooky enough to get laughs. I especially loved (and still do) the little backstage/mega segments that would play over the credits, of the twins dashing around their studio lot clutching lattes and making light fun of their castmates or whatever. They weren’t awful comediennes by sitcom standards, honestly; I’d take an Olsen twin over Kaley Cuoco for laughs anyday.

The guy who played the girls’ dad on TWO OF A KIND was nerdy-cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 12, 2018 3:45 PM

[Quote] The guy who played the girls’ dad on TWO OF A KIND was nerdy-cute.

I thought so too.

by Anonymousreply 206October 12, 2018 5:16 PM

Christopher Sieber (dad on Two of a Kind) is openly gay btw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 12, 2018 5:21 PM

They remind me of the tiny twins in Mothra, the Japanese monster film.

by Anonymousreply 208October 12, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote]The guy who played the girls’ dad on TWO OF A KIND was nerdy-cute.

I've had him.

by Anonymousreply 209October 12, 2018 10:43 PM

Back when I smoked I would have loved to have been at a party where there were bowls of cigs around. I would've been picky though and expected American spirits.

by Anonymousreply 210October 12, 2018 10:48 PM

I totally forgot Dualstar was a subsidiary of Fox. Hmmm.

The theme song for 'So Little Time' (by Arkana) is a perfect little pop-punk number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 12, 2018 11:15 PM

Are they shooting another Tolkien installment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 13, 2018 10:52 AM

They’re always posed inches away from each other. I guess it’s good for their brand to appear like they’re inseparable, but who knows what the reality is.

by Anonymousreply 213October 13, 2018 10:56 AM

Adenoidal Rag Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 214October 13, 2018 11:19 AM

I googled "cigarettes in bowls" and all I get is pictures of those two muppets and the creepy French guy the one married. I want to see an actual bowl of cigs.

by Anonymousreply 215October 13, 2018 3:39 PM

R211 It's pretty catchy.

by Anonymousreply 216October 13, 2018 5:56 PM

The Row is now adding a menswear line. What I'm curious about, do they do the actual designs for their lines or just have approval rights?

I've never set out to watch Elizabeth Olsen in something but after seeing her in Wind River, I was impressed. Also liked her in Ingrid…whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 217October 13, 2018 6:20 PM

I thought Elizabeth was good in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

by Anonymousreply 218October 13, 2018 6:23 PM

R217 They do the actual designs and by all accounts are heavily involved on a day-to-day basis. The line is highly respected in the fashion industry.

Others on the thread have mentioned that they originally had a line of tween clothing for Walmart. They weren’t very involved in that, but would approve final designs, etc. With The Row, they have been actively involved from the get-go. They also have a mid-range line called Elizabeth and James (named after there siblings) and they recently brought it in-house.

The article below gives a lot more info about the ins and outs of their businesses. Some quotes from the article:

“Those girls have a very refined, defined point of view to clothes and to fashion and to personal style,” Rutson said. “They have an extraordinary taste level. Now that it’s under Mary-Kate and Ashley, there’s more cool wardrobing in there and a lot more daywear.”

Ken Downing, senior vice president and fashion director of Neiman Marcus, said, “There was a very definitive fashion point of view to the collection. Great wide pants, terrific dresses with handkerchief hems, great colorization and very ‘buy-now-wear-now,’ which is something I’m beyond obsessed with because that is how the world is changing.”

“I love the new collection, it’s incredibly sophisticated,” said Brooke Jaffe, operating vice president, fashion director of women’s rtw at Bloomingdale’s. “It’s very cool, lots of subtle details that would make something that’s a basic feel really modern and updated. It’s accessible luxury.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 13, 2018 10:38 PM

R150 those girls would be great on some show like Big Brother. They should also write a funny book called When two heads are better than One.

by Anonymousreply 220October 13, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote]They’re always posed inches away from each other.

They used to hang all over each other for photos, it was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2018 3:27 AM

Twins for life.

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2018 3:38 AM

Twins for life indeed!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2018 3:48 AM

Aren't the Olsens heroin addicts?

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2018 3:50 AM

OP - 'no words' are actually, in fact, words.

fuckin retard

by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2018 4:19 AM

Goals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 15, 2018 3:59 PM

I heard one of them has chronic Lyme disease.

by Anonymousreply 227October 15, 2018 4:19 PM

Someone should've farted in Mary-Kate's face.

by Anonymousreply 228October 15, 2018 4:48 PM

[Quote] I heard one of them has chronic Lyme disease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 15, 2018 4:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!