Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'On the Basis of Sex,' Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic starring Felicity Jones

The film tells an inspiring and spirited true story that follows young lawyer Ruth Bader Ginsburg as she teams with her husband Marty to bring a groundbreaking case before the U.S. Court of Appeals and overturn a century of gender discrimination. The feature will premiere in 2018 in line with Justice Ginsburg’s 25th anniversary on the Supreme Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2018 3:55 AM

ON THE BASIS OF SEX - Official Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2018 5:17 PM

Has there ever been a more bland actress than Felicity Jones?

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2018 5:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2018 5:25 PM

God, who'd want to see that? Or an uplifting movie about Hillary Clinton? Once the film stops and the lights come up you realize how fucked we are in regard to our currently being held hostage by the GOP as they dismantle what was our country. I can't imagine anything more depressing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2018 6:00 PM

There was no American actress who could play this part??? It's not like Jones is box-office.

From the trailer it looks like Hammer plays the "supportive spouse" role generally assigned to women, though it may wind up being more than that.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2018 6:09 PM

Awful. Needed someone like Nat Portman in the role.

Jewish with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2018 6:13 PM

December, 1953 Studio photograph of Ruth Bader, taken in Dec. 1953 when she was a Senior at Cornell University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2018 10:36 PM

See Ruth Bader Ginsburg Grow from Toddler to Supreme Court Justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2018 10:36 PM

Natalie Portman was originally going to play the part, but eventually passed and Felicity took over. Judging by the finished product Portman made the right choice. It's so generically visualized. I can't see Portman in this picture at all.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2018 10:45 PM

Kesha Salutes Ruth Bader Ginsburg in ‘Here Comes the Change’ Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2018 11:23 PM

With that ham Hammer. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2018 11:26 PM

I'm tired of Brits playing Americans.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2018 11:28 PM

But they do it better.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2018 11:39 PM

I should have had this role instead of Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2018 12:17 AM

The word "gender" is meaningless now and needs to be tossed.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2018 12:19 AM

R19, I must disagree. She cannot act. Her face is consistently bland and her line readings are not at all believable. Worse she lacks conviction. How did she get this role? I do like the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2018 12:19 AM

Felicity is gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2018 3:25 AM

This trailer has the look of an NBC TV show. Is this really going to play in the theaters?

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2018 3:43 AM

I'm tired of WASPs playing Jews.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2018 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!