Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you like in the 1940s for your spouse?

Fun...but potentially chilling (?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2018 8:26 AM

What are you asking and what are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2018 5:47 AM

I believe you would have to watch that attached news program to understand the topic.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2018 5:50 AM

I wear tap shoes and pee in bed. Yes?

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2018 5:52 AM

Would I like WHAT in the 1940s?

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2018 5:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2018 5:59 AM

I think he meant live, not like. The video explains it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2018 5:59 AM

The lady is psychologically ill but so many are.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2018 6:00 AM

Frau thread

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2018 6:05 AM

What's with all the threads missing one or more words in the title?

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote]r6 I think he meant live, not like. The video explains it.

Oops, you're right : (

[italic][bold]Would you like in the 1940s for your spouse?[/bold][/italic]

It's interesting, in that I'm assuming the 3 husbands on the show, while they're fine with it, mostly go along with the elaborate decor and accompanying "lifestyle choice" to please their spouses. Which makes me think, If you met your ideal partner who insisted you both live in a different decade behind closed doors -- clothes, foods, appliances, reading material etc. -- would you?

I think I might...as long as it was a 20th Century period. I don't think I'd want to live in a mini Versailles in a powdered wig.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2018 6:10 AM

I'm guessing you're asking who -- Cary Grant and Randolph Scott.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2018 6:11 AM

Cool r10. Makes sense now.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2018 6:12 AM

Re: r10

IS MURIEL SABOTAGING ME ? ? ? I think there's an autocorrect issue here!!!

It posted "like" for "live" again!

'K' AND 'V' ARE NOWHERE NEAR EACH OTHER ON THE KEYBOARD!

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2018 6:13 AM

Turn OFF autocorrect (the most mis-named product ever made).

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2018 6:14 AM

Or proofread before you post,

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2018 6:17 AM

They didn't have autocorrect in the 1940s.

These people are right! [italic]It was a BETTER TIME!

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2018 6:25 AM

I knew a couple who kind of did that. He was an actuarial (no further explanation needed) and got obsessed with restoring his Edwardian home to perfection. He restored a Edwardian gas cooker, put gaslighting in the formal rooms, ordered linoleum from the UK and got a copy of the original wallpaper screen printed. He even got his suits tailor made in edwardian style. It was all great fun until the kids came along.

She had a nervous breakdown over his refusal to fence the yard until he could find a tradesman who could do a proper Edwardian paling fence. (three kids under four who couldn't go outside to play and kept hanging off the gas light pull chains etc).

After the divorce he got obsessed with restoring 1920's cars.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2018 8:20 AM

[quote]r17 She had a nervous breakdown over his refusal to fence the yard until he could find a tradesman who could do a proper Edwardian paling fence.

Aww...poor miserable dame.

I think I'd get a sudden addiction to morphine-laced cough syrup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2018 8:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!