Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary in her prime

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2018 3:21 AM

OP = Huma

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2018 5:31 AM

Anyone else see a dash of Emma Thompson?

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2018 5:40 AM

Evil bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2018 5:45 AM

Same shit different pile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Answers the question very quickly and confident like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Well at least Clinton was not named in Mueller's indictments as benefiting from Russian aid, unlike Bernie, Stein, and Trump.

But please, continue with the hate

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Well at least Bernie, Stein, and Trump are not two-time losers.

But please, continue with the O B S E S S I O N.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2018 5:53 AM

Bernie and Stein are forever losers, R7. And Trump lost by 3 million votes, but we don't live in a democracy. Sorry Trumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2018 5:55 AM

R2: Pretty sure that IS Emma Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2018 5:58 AM

She really is an evil bitch r3 and r5.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2018 6:00 AM

Do Clinton Derangement Syndrome trolls keep bookmarks of links selected for various Clinton bashing occasions?

I find that utterly fascinating, and mental.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2018 6:11 AM

Dear R8, you supported evil when you cast your protest vote in 2016. Not that you will ever admit that to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2018 6:13 AM

I meant, Dear R10.

Sorry R8!

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2018 6:14 AM

Hillary has many qualities and beauty is NOT among them, ever.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2018 6:15 AM

Love the bootlicking trolls trying to make Hillary "happen". Please stop, we got shit to do in the coming years. She's over and DONE with, focus on the future.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2018 6:17 AM

Hillary was breathtakingly beautiful, quite brilliant to boot. She was a FANTASTIC Senator - wow. She was right about Qadaffi, with the rise of Arab Springs he was one of 2 cold blooded murdering dictators that was expected to Poison gas and carpet bomb his own people . (Bashir Assad of Syria was the other one.) Qadaffi was expected to take out millions Of his own citizens, EVERYONE in the Administration was greatly relieved when the rebel forces got to him first.

Nothing inappropriate in that remark given what he had DONE TO ALL 300 LIVES ABOARD PAN AM FLIGHT OVER LOCKERBEE - YOU KNOW THE AMERICANS THAT WERE BLOWN OUT OF THEIR SEATS AT 27,000FEET.

BUT YOU KEEP HATING ON HILLARY YOU RIDICULOUS RUSSIAN/BREITBART/GOP TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2018 9:34 AM

Hillary at R16, why are you still up? It's WAY past your bedtime. Your meds should have kept you asleep.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2018 9:57 AM

Image of Don with Bill and Hillary speaks volumes about his reputation un NYC as a dumpster fire weirdo to be laughed at. All his sickening bragging in the face of 2 of the most popular elected politicians in modern American history.

Imagine being a clown like Donald that is at that moment inthe middle stages of amassing 4 Billion Dollars in Debt, is publically recognized as A pathological liar and a bizarre narcissist oblivious to virtually everything and everyone around him. That is exactly how he was regarded In NYC at the time of this image.... also completely how vladimere Putin thought of him.

At the time of this image Donald was deeply involved with his Russian handlers and none of us knew.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Dic pics please ..

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2018 3:25 PM

Vhy she kip clothez on?

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2018 3:56 PM

[Hillary in her prime]

-- Hillary never had a "prime" ... just a "less ugly."

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2018 4:00 PM

She could look pretty sometimes. Seriously she has basically decent features, nice smile and everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2018 4:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2018 4:02 PM

To bad she never learned how to talked publicly. Her tone was awful and condescending .. and later she over-compensated with all the wide mouth gestures and BIG hellos.

Al Gore was another talented politician who was crippled by his inability to talk in a way that engaged people (just opposite actually.)

Bill Clinton could talk to anyone and usually sounded sincere and interesting (until recently) and that's why he was president twice. He built his political career on his abundant charm. Hillary on the other hand sadly lacking in the charm dept.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2018 4:21 PM

R7, I'm R6. Curious why you never addressed the fact Bernie was named in Mueller's indictments.

Clinton, for all her faults, wasn't.

So, explain it to me. Explain to me why a man named in Mueller's indictments along with trump deserves respect but a woman who didn't betray her country deserves to be mocked.

Explain it to me.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2018 5:31 PM

R25, that poster (r7) conveniently forgets that Dolt 45 is only able to waddle his fat ass through the White House because of foreign meddling from Russia which was aided by Rethuglican perfidy.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2018 5:52 PM

R22 that’s right before she got fired from Watergate investigation

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2018 6:20 PM

She was very lovely in her youth. Not particularly her body but her face. I saw her in person numerous times during the 90s and early 2000s

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2018 6:24 PM

I would not call Hillary Clinton ugly, R21. She was attractive at certain times, she's an attractive older woman now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2018 6:26 PM

I used to think she and Rebecca DeMornay favored each other a bit. There was a scene in The Hand That Rocks the Cradle right before DeMornay collapses in a boardroom (I think it's her first scene) and she's dressed to the nine and it was sorta uncanny. They also both look a little bit like Traci Lords at times, too.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2018 6:49 PM

I see Emma Thompson, Shirley Jones and a touch of Sharon “Vag” Stone.

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2018 6:53 PM

This thread is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2018 6:53 PM

Look at the DL ladies swooning for Hillary. Sometimes you girls are adirable.

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2018 7:32 PM

YUM-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2018 8:02 PM

If you look back at all the shit the republicans tried to throw at Bill. The 5 year investigation that lead to nothing, cost 40 million dollars just to find out he had an extramarital affair. They were absolutely obsessed with bringing BC down because they wanted to get even for Richard Nixon.

He was the first democratic president since FDR who completed 2 terms in office.

Hillary inherited the hate and it hit her full force in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2018 8:05 PM

She wore a lot of headbands back then. She looked better without them.

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2018 8:21 PM

I like her, but yeah, too much baggage now. And too old to run. Trump is too old. If a presidential candidate has to be older than 34, then there should be an age cap. Fifty-five.

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2018 9:00 PM

[They were absolutely obsessed with bringing Bill Clintondown because they wanted to get even for Richard Nixon. ]

Actually Nixon was almost 20 years before and he probably didn't play a big part. A lot of right wing firebrands were elected in 1990's and they wanted Clinton's blood. Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House and initiated impeachment proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2018 9:14 PM

Hillary was part of the house committee during Watergate.

The republicans absolutely hated losing the fight they put up with the Clintons. After 5 years most Americans sided with BC and saw the investigation as a witch hunt, as an investigation looking for a crime.

Newt Gingrich resigned after the impeachment failed to get enough votes in the senate and democrats gained seats in the house and the senate during the midterm elections.

Hillary was in the middle of all this, she tried to be more than just a traditional First Lady. She was actively involved in all the decisions during BC's two terms.

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2018 9:29 PM

Agreed r39 - it was a horrible experience for the USA - caused a lot of bitterness with both the Dems and the GOP and was partly to blame for the hyper-partnership we have now. Really too bad - without all the scandals and the impeachment Bill would achieved a lot more good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2018 9:34 PM

Bill inherited a good economy and he wasn't about giving it away to the rich or taking on a lot of new debt. He was a good steward of the economy.

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2018 9:37 PM

^ Very Funny. He repealed Glass-Steagle and put most of the life savings of Middle America up for grabs to the big banks.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2018 9:42 PM

[Clinton repealed Glass-Steagle and put most of the life savings of Middle America up for grabs to the big banks]

Perhaps that's how it played out but that wasn't the intention. Anyway that's how I see it.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2018 9:47 PM

Cue a nauseatingly clueless Hillary sycophant to show up now and claim that in person at a cocktail party she just oozes charm and warmth and irresistible magnetism. Why doesn’t it come across in her interviews and speeches then? Cuz it’s a damnable lie, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2018 9:48 PM

My greatest sadness with Bill Clinton was all the missed opportunities. He was the guy from Hope and he was elected with huge promise. After Nixon and Reagan and Bush Sr. it seemed like spring and sprung and the bad old days were behind us. America was really happy with their new president.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2018 9:53 PM

Bill inherited an economy that was slowing down and was fragile , but he quickly made sure that our economy would have a turn around and that safety nets would protect the lower and middle classes. It took Bush Jr. 7 years of the 8th he serve as a president to undo everything that the Clinton administration had achieved. To this day, our economy hasn't fully recuperated to the heights of the Clinton years.

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2018 9:54 PM

Not every person has to subscribe to your outdated ideas of how women should be, R46.

Obviously Hillary beat Bernie by 3.7 million votes and the popular vote in the general went to her as well. She also won all three debates, was ahead in the polls most of the time and is still the most admired women in the US for the last 16 years in a row.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2018 9:57 PM

None of them really care about us. They’re all part of the 1%...filling their own coffers and stroking their own egos. It’s not about us, never was.

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2018 10:01 PM

The Clintons could have made way more money if they hadn't ventured into public office jobs.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2018 10:04 PM

Totally agree r48. The untra rich really seem to have the upper hand right now - and not only in the USA but most of the world. Brexit is another example of the average person getting fucked over by the very rich.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2018 10:05 PM

But why do people insist she to have had beauty, as well? Don't be greedy. She had/has some attractiveness but this was/is not a beautiful woman. It's silly. Not very feminist at all to require her to have beauty.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2018 10:06 PM

I can't stand the woman and though I wouldn't go so far as to call her "beautiful," I'm enough of a gentleman to acknowledge that Hillary was a fine-looking woman back in the day. Wonder what happened--oh, yeah, marriage to Snake Oil Bill.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2018 10:07 PM

If Hillary had been a natural speaker and able to relate to people - there would be a completely different perception of her and the general public would have a lot more goodwill.

Hillary just wasn't likeable. She really tried and really wanted to be but it just came across as phony. Supposedly in private she oozed charm and humor - but these were rarely evident in her public persona. …

And she had a lot of time to figure things out. She was the Arkansas First Lady for at least eight years and the USA First Lady for eight years. This was Hillary's cross to bear it fucked up her political career.

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2018 10:17 PM

Obama was likable but he left an absolute mess. The presidency isn't some high school popularity test.

Grow up R53!

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2018 10:22 PM

r54 - the Presidency IS a likability contest if you haven't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2018 10:27 PM

R24, Hillary never mastered the art of insincerity like Bill, hence she wasn’t as good a campaigner. But her grasp of policy was/is as good as any.

by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2018 10:28 PM

Well obviously she won that contest then Boris @ R55, she did win the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2018 10:37 PM

r56 - totally agreed - the most successful politicians are probably the phoniest. And also agree it really hurt Hillary when she was campaigning. She was good ... but others were just a lot better.

Another recent politician that had the same problem was Romney. He just wasn't likable.

BTW I supported Hilary all the way and encouraged others to do the same

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2018 10:38 PM

Bill was like that friend or acquaintance most of have seen that everyone just loves to pieces. He becomes almost a mirror of the person he's with and you never know his true personality. I suppose that's the charm factor.

by Anonymousreply 59October 2, 2018 10:42 PM

Bill was truly gifted - one of those "once in a generation" things. Like someone upthread said - if the Clintons had gone into business they would probably be worth billions.

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2018 10:46 PM

Shut up r54, he didn’t leave a mess...under the circumstances, he did a decent job. If he failed, it was because of that brick wall of Republican White trash that he ran into when he tried to help working folks. And anyone who supports Republicans now is trash too. R54 I’m talking to YOU.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2018 2:13 AM

I think Hillary should run for Mayor on New York City. Bill de Blasio's current term ends in 2021 which would give Hillary time to get her ducks in a row - and the public would be ready to see her again. She would be 73 and that's not too old for a politician. It's a glamorous job and she and Bill would have lots of opportunity to dress up and be fancy. But most importantly is they LOVE her in NYC - she would easily win and she could have a job where people really appreciate her talents.

I'll bet it's crossed her mind.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2018 2:15 AM

Emma played her, more or less, in "Primary Colors". But that was Travolta's movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2018 2:20 AM

[quote]Shut up [R54], he didn’t leave a mess.

Sure the country isn't in the biggest crises right now, like at all. Obama did a great job keeping Putin and the republicans in check.

At least Bill knew how to fight and come out on top of it, no matter what dirt the republicans threw at him.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2018 2:51 AM

[quote] Hillary in her prime

Corresponding with the development of Photoshop. Lucky for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2018 2:55 AM

R58

Most people here attribute to dislike of the Clintons to Bernie Bros. A year before the elections I was speaking with an older woman who is a committed Democrat. When the subject of the presidential race came up, she volunteered "I really hope it isn't Hillary. I'll support her as she's a Democrat, but that's the most enthusiasm I can manage."

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2018 3:07 AM

@R2 - Yes, with a sprinkling of Kate Winslet.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2018 3:09 AM

[quote]Most people here attribute to dislike of the Clintons to Bernie Bros.

Bernie is a Putin puppet, no surprise here.

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2018 3:21 AM

I can see why lesbians would find her attractive. Kind of like Cynthia Nixon. Slightly butch but could pass as a femme lipstick lesbian in certain situations. The rest of the population would not think of either as beautiful, pretty or even attractive. By straight standards, they are both a solid 5. Basic and ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]"I really hope it isn't Hillary. I'll support her as she's a Democrat, but that's the most enthusiasm I can manage."

I heard that quite often.. Maybe if she had run against a "typical" GOP politician (like Romney) she would have won.

by Anonymousreply 70October 3, 2018 4:13 AM

Great thread

by Anonymousreply 71October 3, 2018 4:45 AM

Where do you get off thinking lesbians think she is attractive R69? Once again we are dealing with stereotypes, just as many think gay men are feminine.

by Anonymousreply 72October 3, 2018 5:02 AM

[quote] Maybe if she had run against a "typical" GOP politician (like Romney) she would have won.

Almost certainly true but she deliberately selected Trump as her opponent with her Pied-Piper plan directing the press to make him leader of the pack. She outsmarted herself leading to her own defeat in a way totally unique in American presidential politics. That fuckup has got to eat away at her every night as she tries to sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 3, 2018 5:03 AM

[quote]Hillary deliberately selected Trump as her opponent with her Pied-Piper plan directing the press to make him leader of the pack.

How did Hillary direct the press? What is a Pied-Piper plan?

Thanks !

by Anonymousreply 74October 3, 2018 5:41 AM

R69, only a lesbian would start a thread about her.

by Anonymousreply 75October 3, 2018 5:55 AM

r74, the Salon article lays it out nicely but if you are allergic to links:

The memo articulated a three-point strategy. Point 1 called for forcing "all Republican candidates to lock themselves into extreme conservative positions that will hurt them in a general election."

At the time, there were more than a dozen Republican presidential candidates. The "variety of candidates is a positive here," the Clinton campaign said.

"Many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right," the memo noted.

"In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more 'Pied Piper' candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party," the Clinton campaign wrote.

As examples of these "pied piper" candidates, the memo named Donald Trump — as well as Sen. Ted Cruz and Ben Carson).

"We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously," the Clinton campaign concluded.

by Anonymousreply 76October 3, 2018 6:04 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 77October 3, 2018 10:44 AM

She’s a crooked Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 78October 3, 2018 10:55 AM

She will have the last laugh!

by Anonymousreply 79October 3, 2018 11:02 AM

Thanks r76 - actually I would like to have the link. The memo sounds more like wishful thinking rather that some sort of grand plan.

Yea Trump surprised everyone and Hillary didn't have a good counterattack when he start surging. I'm reminded of the debate where he stood behind her as a looming presence. Why didn't she just get up an walk to another part of the stage? Hillary never had an effective answer to Trump's unconventional campaign. She never really laid a glove on him.

And yea - I'm sure Hillary wishes she had done a whole lot of things differently. That's politics.

by Anonymousreply 80October 3, 2018 11:15 AM

Hillary clearly won all three debates R80, you live in an alternative reality.

by Anonymousreply 81October 3, 2018 11:28 AM

Hillary seems to be hated now, but she was well loved at 2 points. Perhaps she will have a third wave of popularity.

[quote] in 1998, for instance, Hillary Clinton's favorable rating rose to a record high of 67%. Clinton was also generally well-liked over the course of her 2009-2013 tenure as secretary of state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 3, 2018 12:16 PM

Telling a racist joke:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Maybe the next Dem president can make her an ambassador or something where she can have a high profile and not have to do too much. She really needs to slow down and just channel Eleanor Roosevelt - she has a lot of health issues.

by Anonymousreply 84October 3, 2018 1:15 PM

[quote] In 1998 after Bill's impeachment proceedings Hillary's favorable rating rose to a record high of 67%. She was also well-liked from 2009-2013 when she was Secretary of State. Perhaps she will have a third wave of popularity ??

Hillary's days of being a popular public figure are behind her. She will fade into the mists just like Al Gore or Sarah Palin. She will always have some fans, but most people will be indifferent - they just don't care. And of course to anyone under 40 she's just relic (if they know her at all).

by Anonymousreply 85October 3, 2018 6:36 PM

[quote] Hillary will fade into the mists

It would be great to to have Hillary fade away and Bill too. I'm so sick of Hillary and the way she talks and particularly her phony smile. Bill is just awful now, phony and senile. Good riddance to them both.

by Anonymousreply 86October 3, 2018 8:49 PM

[quote] She will always have some fans, but most people will be indifferent - they just don't care.

I completely disagree. You either love her or despise her. Are there people left in the world that have no opinion of her?

She may be the most polarizing figure of the last century

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2018 1:03 AM

r87 - you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2018 4:56 PM

@83

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton apologized for joking that Mahatma Gandhi used to run a gas station in St. Louis, saying it was “a lame attempt at humor."

The New York Democrat made the remark at a fund-raiser Saturday. During an event here for Senate candidate Nancy Farmer, Clinton introduced a quote from Gandhi by saying, “He ran a gas station down in St. Louis.”

After laughter from many in the crowd of at least 200 subsided, the former first lady continued, “No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” In a nod to Farmer’s underdog status against Republican Sen. Kit Bond, Clinton quoted the Indian independence leader as saying: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2018 8:29 PM

Looking at those birth pics of Hillary at the beginning of this thread, very few babies have that much hair at birth, then to put lipstick and hair products on them is really a form of perversion. But, I'll agree, Hillary was quite attractive at birth.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2018 10:00 PM

In a man's world, it's not wise to be openly smarter than one's husband. While women on average are much smarter than we males, we males have fashioned a society that is hostile to intelligent women. I think the blueprint was created in multiple religions.

by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2018 10:58 PM

If "beautiful" means frumpy woman who gets 5 hours with top makeup artists and hairdressers for a photoshoot, then sure, OP.

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2018 11:20 PM

Make sure to catch my cameo on "Madam Secretary" Sunday night!

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2018 3:35 AM

R92, She’s attractive. FACE IT! Makeup and lighting can only take you so far.

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2018 5:05 AM

[quote] Makeup and lighting can only take you so far.

And then you must move into a late-night photoshop session.

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2018 5:25 AM

[quote]Makeup and lighting can only take you so far.

r94 I agree. Which is why she still isn't attractive in OP's photos. She looks exactly what she was then, an ordinary but over-groomed middle aged white woman.

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2018 5:44 AM

I'm a supporter of hers, but there was clearly no fucking reason for OP to start such an irrelevant and substance-free thread except to get people fighting about the Clintons again.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2018 8:36 AM

She looks like Sharon Stone in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2018 2:51 AM

When Clinton first became POTUS, I thought Hilary was very attractive. It's her strong personality that attracted Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2018 3:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!